Castle Recap: Monday Night Fever

Castle Recap 1970s EpisodeThis week’s episode of ABC’s Castle moved not a single ongoing storyline a single inch in any direction, but boy, was it a visual gas.

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard 2014: Deaths, Weddings, Births, Sex, Resurrections, Firings and More!

Face it, you tuned in for the costumes, the anachronistic slang, the pageantry, the “out of time” element, and maybe for some (like me my older siblings) there was the magnetic draw of groovy nostalgia. And if that was your goal, you probably came away satisfied.

In that particular respect, Esposito and Ryan making like ’70s TV cops “Snookie and Ray” was obviously a highlight, especially as the former came to realize it’s not so easy sliding across the Red Rocket’s hood, while the latter delved deeper and deeper into the lingo and his Matthew Rhys-on-The Americans disguise. Also: Espo catching sight of Lanie-as-Foxy Brown was terrific, leaving the poor boy (understandably) tongue-tied. (“Carcano just warned me and Javy off the case. Right, Javy?” “I’m sorry — what?”)

Seeing Martha “in her element” was fun, charged as she was with giving the 12th its far-out makeover (thus keeping her from wedding meddling, the one crumb of continuity). Alexis even got in on the action, rocking a halter top that had Dad wishing shed donned a peasant blouse instead. And Gates’ reaction to the ornate ruse? Hilarious. (At first, I worried that Ryan’s throwaway line about the captain being away at a seminar was a clumsy accounting for the character’s/actress’ absence; so glad I was wrong.) But what, Tory doesn’t get to play dress-up?? Grr.

RELATED | Castle Casting Scoop: Eddie McClintock. Season Finale. Complicated Past With [Spoiler].

But lest this hour be a purely superficial folly, the Case of the Week took a bittersweet turn, as it is revealed that Harold, the lone witness “stuck in the ’70s,” had been carrying on a secret love affair with the victim, Vince. Had Vince stuck to the script and proposed to Carcano mob daughter Maria, he might have dodged death at her scorned hand. But his love for Harold was too true, and as the episode closed with a bangin’ disco party at Glitterati, we saw Harold twirl on the floor, remembering — and saying a last goodbye — to Vince.

What did you think of “That ’70s Show” and Captain Castle’s handling of the case?

1. Kate says:

I was pleasantly surprised by the episode. I kind of expected not to like it very much, but it was really funny and ended up being very sweet.

2. Teri says:

The Castle writers are amazing! O think of all this was truly fun.

3. Matt says:

Esposito’s slide down the car hood had me laughing for a solid minute.

4. iammusic says:

I didn’t enjoy the episode as a whole, some elements were funny (I think the best part was Gates showing up – funny but predictable). I’m getting tired of “omg Martha is going to ruin the wedding with her planning” – they had a great opportunity there of tying in Martha’s want to help out and Beckett not having her mother there. The only glimpse we’ve seen of that is the wedding dress scene. If you hate every suggestion that people make, stop asking for help? People do plan weddings on their own.

• Just one thing says:

Yeah, the Hurricane Martha card has been overplayed. I was hoping for more Katherine/Martha bonding, too. Maybe later in the season?

• DarkDefender says:

Although Castle clearly loves his mom, he takes her with a grain of salt. Why should Beckett have to “bond” with her beyond what we already have? In all accounts she is a stark opposite to Johanna Beckett in the category of “how to be a mom”..

• Just one thing says:

I think it’d be cool to see more interaction between Kate and Martha because throughout the years, Martha has mostly been in her corner, playing Devil’s Advocate on her behalf with Castle. They don’t have to be besties, just like Kate and Alexis don’t. But considering Martha is 90% to blame/credit for the man Castle is today, it stands to reason that Kate would perhaps want to learn more about the guy she’s going to marry through the woman who raised him. (Though I think we’re supposed to infer that that’s happened to some degree.)
          I’m not really complaining. The bits we’ve gotten over the last couple years have been great. But I’d enjoy more one-on-one time between them leading up to The Day That Shall Not Be Named.

• DarkDefender says:

I’m picking up what you puttin down, JOT.. Perhaps a cute little scene with Martha giving some insight or revealing a not too embarrassing secret of Ricks… I could get down with that… Ya dig?

• Just one thing says:

Dear god, yes. I dig. LOL

5. Jenni says:

I went into this episode pre-wincing for what I was going to see. I was less than enthusiastic to say the least.

However that was one of the best hours of Castle of the season. Funny. Touching. Heartfelt. Everything this show is when it’s at it’s best. Wonderful job and blew away every low expectation I had.

• diya says:

this!!….even i had my doubts with this episode, but it ended up getting a few laughs out of me, and i overall enjoyed the episode.
      I was just reading stana’s tweets, her farewell to fans on the ending of castle’s current season sounds OMINOUS. Rumours are afloat that her character might be killed off, is that true. Please TVLINE could you confirm otherwise cause that would be disastrous .

• blabla says:

Jeez relax, they will never kill Beckett or Castle, they are the show …

• Cindy says:

My thought on the goodby was she was saying it to crew members who were probably moving on to other jobs.

• Jenni says:

Similarly, I thought it was just because that day was the final “scene” in the episode and many of the background or secondary actors wouldn’t have been needed on set for the last couple of days filming especially since Stana didn’t attend the wrap party, so that day of filming was her just saying goodbye for the summer to the people she wouldn’t see until July. I didn’t read anything more into it than that. If you look at the background actors and crew on twitter, there are several references to seeing each other in July/for next season.

• Patty says:

All signs point to Season 7 for ‘Castle’ with all the principle actors returning. Enjoy the remaining episodes of Season 6 – look forward to Season 7. Beyond that, who knows?

6. S. says:

Javier hitting the pavement after sliding off of that car was classic. Love a good prat fall. Every time I found myself saying “I wish [insert situation] would happen,” it happened. Gates finding out, Espo seeing Lanie like that, etc. They served up pure 70s fun, and I loved it. Nice twist at the end. They always do fluffier eps before we settle down for a serious run. Great set up, and now I’m looking forward to the end of the season.

7. James D says:

I loved it. it was funny. it was surprising, one of the few castle cases that i didn’t solve prior to the reveal. and it was strangely heartwarming. Big props to Jon Huertes he was pure gold tonight.

8. Laura says:

The lack of interest from castle towards beckett is killing the show for me . I really miss Castle (the character) from previous seasons. He was sexy , Smart , funny and he was attracted to Beckett , it´s sad what bad writers can do to a show.I feel sorry for Nathan for having to play te dullest charácter on tv right now

• Alex says:

I would agree for the most part of the season but I really did’nt feel it in this episode, they were both cute :)

9. fan says:

Ryan was FANTASTIC!!! Espo was hilarious! Everyone did great! Castle however is so flat as a character, it just looks like he simply utters out lines. Only showed a spark when looking at Lanie in her red dress.

10. Mel says:

Loved it! I laughed out loud so many times. Ok…someone tell me, was that “LT” as the guy dressed as a pimp doong the “scene” with Castle?? That was hilarious!

11. Leigh says:

It was a good, fun episode. Jon Huertas and Semus Dever were the stars tonight for me. Ther were great!

12. c-mo says:

Tory played dress-up at Glitterati, she and Lanie were dancing next to each other.

13. K says:

I enjoyed 620, but it’s not an episode that I would watch again. I thought the dialogue was good, but the concept of the episode was just ridiculous. Stana’s facial expressions saved the episode. When Stana had to pretend to be a bad actor well that was epic
    I thought molly had zero purpose of being in 620. Also what was up with the revealing outfit. Like put some clothes on. Her scene at the end was so stupid. Like that scene would’ve worked better had it been just castle and Beckett at the disco.

14. Shaun says:

It was a fun episode but the 70s bubble that the guy had just has too many plot holes. If the guy drives around anywhere near Manhattan, he’ll know that it ain’t the 70s. This honestly bothered me a lot because there is no way anyone can deceive that guy.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

I assumed he was agoraphobic…?

• Gigi says:

He was. Dawnn Lewis’ character said he stayed in the house.

• S. says:

I was trying to figure out how he was getting to places like the precinct and Glitterati without seeing modern day stuff. If nothing else, a line or something about keeping him from being seen to protect him from his enemies would’ve been easy enough to put in there and they could’ve hidden his face which would have the added benefit of making it harder for him to look around and spoil the illusion. Did they say anything and I just missed it?

• Edgar says:

When they took him to the Station in that clapped out old police car he ducked down sideways so that he could not be seen, so he would not have been able to see out either.s

15. Jennifer says:

I actually really liked this episode. It was funny and light. I find that the show always works best and is at its greatest when they do fun, silly stuff like this. They always try to do a few ‘serious’ episodes every season, but they do a much better job at these types of episodes. It’s nice to have a procedural show that doesn’t truly take itself so incredibly serious. I love it! Keep it up!

16. Jesse says:

It kills me how bland Caskett are. Makes me so sad :(
    And it also makes me sad at how boring Nick is these days…even Nathan looks bored with what he’s getting. Because Nick is boring Caskett is lacking the spark it once had, he was the fire plug in the sparks department :( I dunno I keep watching the show every week hoping things will get better but it looks like it’s never gonna happen; the writers have packed it in, even they don’t know what to do anymore. Caskett is pretty much the same old thing every week– what a wasted opportunity.

• May says:

Who is NIck?

• Stormy says:

Nathan has been phoning it in for a while. He can barely manage the mischievous twinkle that made him fun. He’s not aging well physically or personality wise. JMO

• Prends un curly. says:

Yes we get it, Nathan is not as thin as before, he’s not as sexy as before, are you gonna tell that at the end of every episode ?? It’s not gonna change now you know so get used to it and if it bother you that much, watch a show with a young, thin and sexy man –’

• Stormy says:

I wasn’t referring to his weight. He looks and acts weary as though his heart isn’t in it or his attention is elsewhere.

• Katherine215 says:

I agree. It’s really sad to watch the first couple seasons when he just sparkles in the role and now when he seems disinterested. Nathan Fillion was what brought me to the show and the chemistry between him and Stana hooked me, and I think you’re right he’s just phoning it in these days. I get being bored to a certain degree, but come on. At least use your acting skills to fake it!

• lkh says:

Even though I didn’t enjoy this episode-seemed very contrived-I do think the connection and attention is better between them. Actually for the first time I watched ‘the show that shall not be named’ instead and watched Castle On Demand.
      They may be negotiating, maybe that’s why we haven’t heard about season 7.

17. Lillian says:

I loved Esposito sliding across the hood, or trying to. Loved his limping after that, too. I thought the end was sweet. It was a fun episode and I’m glad the club owner wasn’t the killer. The actor always plays a bad guy, except for when he was eating by Gormagon on Bones. I watch too many procedurals, don’t I?

18. Apples says:

Funny, sexy, adorable ep. Just suspended my disbelief and went for a ride. This show goes from strength to strength every season. I hope you have some nice finale and penultimate episode teasers Matt (as well as renewal news when ABC get off their not-as-fine-as-Beckett’s butts and do that).

19. May says:

I loved this episode. It was hysterical and I didn’t see the plot-twist coming. Nathan did a great job and carried most every scene he was in. Nice job by everyone.

20. RBA says:

Jeez… ABC just release a sneak peek for 6×22. Lets just say that this sneak peek just further confirms IMO that Caskett are the most boring couple on television right now… Really Rick.. You rather play scrabble than have sex with your hot girlfriend…

This is the typical Marlowe theme at the end of each season to justify the upcoming angst. Last year all Castle wanted to do was played video games or with his toy helicopter, and this season he just wants to play scrabble..

• Just one thing says:

That Scrabble sneak peek was quite entertaining, and gives further insight into their relationship.
      Maybe Castle doesn’t need to have sex anymore now that he’s with Beckett. Maybe their emotional and spiritual relationship is so mind-blowingly awesome that it transcends any sexual experience they could ever have again, and rather than risk the crushing disappointment of unsatisfactory physical contact, they stick to their amazingly platonic, non-physical kinship?
      That’s why not even sex could assuage Castle’s hurt wordsmith pride at losing to a nonchalant Beckett. Because he knows that in about 30 minutes or so, he can simply look into her eyes. And that will be enough.

• RBA says:

You must be watching the show “Off screen Castle” where all the fun things happen. The show where Caskett actually behaves like a couple in love and are actually exciting. The clip in question just confirms for me how “boring” they have become as a couple at least in the show that is seen on ABC Monday’s at ten…

I’m sorry there is nothing appealing about Caskett as a couple as they are being shown right now. Castle barely looks at Beckett or attempts any physical contact. It just seems that he is too afraid to touch her in the off chance that if he does do that she might just panic and scream because he has never done that before…

• jcraines719 says:

Castle is not, never has and never will be the type of show where you will s e x. Get over this.

• jcraines719 says:

See s e x rather. I won’t belittle your argument TBA because u do have some valid points. However for someone who claims to know a lot about the show u seem to have moments where u don’t realize Castle will never have a serious s e x scene between Castle and Beckett. AWM has said it in the past. But whatever.

• Mary says:

Precisely! Anyone who wants to see sex scenes should know by now not to tune in Castle…try Scandal, f.e.! Don´t get mw wrong, I don´t think there´s something wrong with wanting sex scenes in a show…but Castle, like you said, has never been it.
            For me, great, because I love the show the way it is:)

• Francine says:

My goodness, you post the same thing over and over and over every week….. There have been quite a few scenes of closeness and kissing lately- have you missed those? I find Caskett to be a very appealing and real couple, and I’m not the only one. The subtle looks and touches, the flirty jokes… I see it every episode. You obviously don’t but others do. Not everyone thinks they are boring and yes, we’re all watching the same show. It’s obvious this is the way the show has chosen to portray their relationship and its not going to change. Some will be satisfied and some won’t.

21. lauri5567 says:

Spent the hour before Castle setting up my new TV, so I was brain dead by the time the show started. Loved Snookie and Ray. I’m sure there will be some who didn’t like it because I’m sure if I wanted to I could find 137 different plot holes, but that would require me to put out effort.
    As for Martha and the wedding, well, I’m pretty sure she’s never stopped planning a show to consider what her son would prefer.

22. abz says:

I was just wondering, does anyone else in a general sense get ticked off at the Ryan character and the way he’s written. I’ve been recently catching up on episodes from the past couple weeks and he’s always popping into every scene he’s in after eavesdropping on every single conversation just so that he can spit out one of his lines. “Well about that…”, “Don’t count that out yet….”, etc. He’s always saying that same type of thing and at times it feels like all he’s there for is just to spit out case facts and nothing else. I don’t why it seems to be bothering me so much this season. It’s weird, as if I never noticed it as much in previous seasons.
    Anyways, that annoyance aside, I’m looking forward to the wedding. I hope they actually go through with it and not have some unnecessary thing in the finale that prevents them from getting married (like Bones did).

• RBA says:

He is being doing the same thing for 6 seasons while Espo’s is popping into each scene saying “Yo. Castle” or “Yo. Beckett”

• abz says:

Haha yeah I figured. I don’t why it felt like they just increased his nosiness this season. I just kept getting ticked off by all of his eavesdropping because it’s like he pops in right at the exact time and uses exactly what he heard from the previous conversation to start his own conversation. It ticked me off. But yeah gotta just try and ignore it.

• KC says:

I don’t see it as being nosey. He’s not intruding on private conversations, he’s providing information that’s relevant to solving the case. The writers have always used Ryan and Esposito that way. Castle and Beckett develop a theory that’s logical given what they know, then they receive new information that blows that therory out of the water and have to come up with a new one. They have to use conversations between characters to show what they’re thinking because the don’t do voiceovers to show a character’s thoughts.

• Stormy says:

I understand the frustration when they do it the same way repeatedly. On Criminal Minds they go around the room and each member of the team offers one salient point. Every episode. It reminds me of a 6th grade class project where the teacher gives each child a piece to say so no one gets left out. It comes off as very amateur theater.

• Yummi Sushi says:

I noticed this last season. The secondary characters served little purpose and had no storyline on their own. But it’s just like all the other shows based around cases (law and order, bones, ncis) they have slow slow slow character development.

• Katherine215 says:

And yet, when there’s an episode centering on one of the supporting characters, these comment sections are full of people complaining about the show not focusing on C&B enough. They can’t win.

23. Just one thing says:

It was a swing and a miss for me, with a few LOLWTF?! moments here and there. There’s only so much suspension of disbelief mixed with slapstick hijinks that I can take in one episode.
    On a different note, I’m very intrigued by the final two episodes…

• KC says:

I totally agree. I’m always entertained by the show but I won’t be watching this episode again. The first real clinker of the season IMO.

24. DarkDefender says:

Another awesome episode! Probably my #2 for the season.. (#1 = The Way of The Ninja).. My how far we have come (in all the best ways) from the season openers in DC.
    ….

I love this show.

• Cookiekirk says:

So agree,with ur Choices they r mine too. I just lived this episode. I laughed so hard,I think the cast did a great job. Lannie and Esposito were great,and Martha I had an aunt,Aunt Helen who was just like Martha. She my aunt was a woman Wack,(military) in the 60′s/70″s. She always wore her uniform and was very organized. She was a no nonsense,very direct,hardly ever smiled but great at getting things done. She never married,but once u understood her she was a very good person. Also about Castlette, when u move in with ur boyfriend things do level off. It’s natural. They just need something to re-unite their passion. I Think too many episodes were wasted on “Ghee” Alexis boyfriend,I was getting tired of him. Anyway I loved,loved this episode!!! Keep it up

• tvobsessed says:

Ditto . . . I loved this episode and “the way of the Ninja” because Castle had some great funny moments. I also love the funny episodes the best. Also, Lannie was hot and Espo’s reaction was dead-on. I thought Ryan ended up doing the 70s lingo the best which seemed to be on purpose.

Finally, the Castle and Beckett relationship, IMO, is really cool. Do I think Castle could be a bit more engaged? Yes. That’s why ‘ninja’ and ’70s’ are two of my favorite of the season. I love this show and the relationships all around.

I hope it does come back. One last thing, I must admit, Nathan’s weight is a little distracting to me, but on the other hand, I think he is more handsome and mature looking–just not hot and sexy. :-)

25. Lois says:

I’m still laughing! I just can’t decide who is more awesome in the 70′s: Rick, Kate, Javi or Kevin!

Great episode.

26. Decent comedy run. Not my favorite fun fest but definitely better than expected. Lanie was hilarious.

27. prish says:

Boring! The husband says it wasn’t the cool 70′s.

28. This was mostly a lot of fun. Oddly enough, I thought the episode’s only serious script misfire was its treatment of Martha. The sum of her back story and offscreen history makes it clear that, for all her flamboyance and occasional lack of judgment, she is in fact a good actress and stage professional who’s had a solidly successful if low-key career. Sometimes, though — this week being a notable example — the writers tend to forget this when they’re mining Martha primarily for comic relief. It showed in the grand 12th Precinct makeover, which went a little too far over the top for my tastes.

29. lame says:

It had some very funny lines and scenes, and it was a lot better than “Heartbreak Hotel”. Your could see the work that went into raising it above the “filler” label. It looked like the cast and crew had a great time during this production, I wish it could have translated better on to the screen., I know constructing twenty-three episodes, keeping them at that level where every fan is glued to their tv’s every Monday is the goal, but episode twenty wasn’t a bullseye in my humble opinion.

30. Good day! Would you mind if I share your blog with my
    myspace group? There’s a lot of folks that I think would
    really appreciate your content. Please let me know.

31. Andrea Aynsley says:

I actually literally laughed out loud in the ep. Loved the caskett scenes at the start & end of the ep the most of course!! Kate’s come hither look and beckoning Rick to follow her was smokin’. It was a great filler ep much better than that swan song documentary ep ages ago.

Anyone seen the 6×21 sneak peek one with them playing scrabble?? I thought it was sweet n hilarious. Was wondering when they would bring back the poker games and gummy bears from seasons past. Why did she conceded defeat this time when she had all those winning letters? Is that coz’ she knew how Rick would react to losing?

Just hope that the writers are not bringing back Rick’s childish side and his inattention to Beckett’s needs that happens every season end. She did look quite impatient and distracted wanting to do other more interesting things..not sure if it was a real feeling or putting up a front to tease him / play along.

What do people think…fingers crossed for a positive, satisfying finale!!

• Just one thing says:

I’m not sure what they hope to address, but it definitely seemed like another situation where Castle is oblivious. Beckett says she’s tired, but he wants to play Scrabble after a long day, and ignores her nonverbal cues that she’s not into it. Then, when she suggests they do something “else,” he insists on finishing so he can beat her.
      I think he was just being blindly competitive, and for whatever reason, she didn’t want to beat him or make him upset. (Sounds like marriage to me, tbh.) But it does appear they’re setting something up for the episode that will need to be discussed. Not gonna worry about it, though, given what little we know about the last two episodes.
      It should also be noted that Castle likely never played any sort of brain games with either of his exes or any other woman he had before Beckett. So there’s that. :-)

• Jenni says:

I read that scene as Castle being a writer and therefore believing he is unbeatable at a word game. His over confidence gets kicked in the sensitive parts when Kate whups his butt. It’s yet another ego kicking for Castle at the hands of Super!Kate. However, this one was deserved because he was so very arrogant and insensitive to Kate’s non-verbal cues.

I think in the end they’ll play it the usual way, Castle vulnerability masked by arrogance and bravado while Beckett learns something new about her fiancé.

32. jcraines719 says:

The episode required a lot of belief to be suspended in order for it to work. Didn’t get into it. Oh well. Can’t please everyone.

33. Alex says:

Honestly I really didn’t expect to like it, but it turned out to be one of my favorite episode of the season, maybe even the second one behind 6X17, it was great ! :)

34. Emma says:

Wow, I can’t remember when was the last time a Castle episode made me laugh like this. I was afraid it would be ridiculous and embarassing to watch but they’ve done it good.
    The only problem is that I realized they’ve definitely destroyed Alexis character in the beginning of season 6 for me, she didn’t do anything wrong in this episode and I was still annoyed to see her. I never really liked her but now, just seeing her is hard …

35. Marion says:

“I want the name of your pusher and I want it now !” *Pause* “Oh” *Slams on the table* Haha made my day !

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

That was great, yes!

• DarkDefender says:

Actually anything Ryan said was 70′s gold. I also loved Lanie’s come back to the guy in the morgue, ending with “jive turkey”.. Reminded me of the scene in Airplane where Mrs. Cleaver tells the stewardess she “speaks jive”..

If Castle deserves a quote of the week (and bonus quote) it’s this week. :)

And I’d give Tamala Jones an Emmy for that red dress.

• John NYC says:

Yeah that was great.

• S. says:

That was hilarious. :) Great timing. Honorable mention to the facial expressions for “Who wrote this?” “I did.” A really fun scene and episode. Espo falling off the car killed me. Surely someone’s made a gif of that.

36. Axel says:

Good episode for me too, except maybe the very end with Harold dancing which was a bit cheesy. And having him thinking Castle is more important than Beckett was funny but the repetition of “captain” that often was too much for me, I felt like it was just to make Nathan Fillion happy so it felt a little pushed for me but I still really enjoyed the episode

37. Marion says:

So hard question, who is the most useless character, Alexis or Tori ? ;)

38. amicam says:

totally went into it expecting a disappointment, but it turned out pretty enjoyable! the twist in the case was pretty obvious from earlier on, but still very nicely done. overall much better episode than i was expecting!

39. Andrea says:

This was one of those episodes for me that prove promo’s can be misleading. I was not looking forward to the 70′s bit at all, but I have not laughed so hard in a long time. I know some Castle fans will never be happy, but I really enjoyed this episode!

40. Captain Napoleonche says:

It’s one of the few (unfortunately) episode that I really really loved this season with Valkyrie, Smells Like Teen Spirit and In the Belly of The Beast, and I didn’t have any expectations about it. I hope the end of the season will be as good !

41. megan says:

But if the guy was gay, why was he checking out Beckett like that ?

42. Edgar says:

I enjoyed it a lot, plenty of jokes especially from Espo and Ryan, but what keeps coming through to me is that Stana seems sad, although she tries to mask it. The energy and fun she used to display are just not there any more, perhaps its because she is playing off an oh so dull Nathan these days.

Somebody further back commented about her tweets and I certainly interpert them to mean she is leaving the show, possibly by choice, although I doubt they will kill the character off, possibly just replace her with another actress. If she goes the show won’t be worth watching.

• Alex says:

They will NEVER continue the show without Stana or Nathan, I don’t think you don’t have to worry about that. And I really didn’t find her sad :)

• Edgar says:

I don’t mean sad in terms of tears, but there seems to be an inner unhappiness which comes through from time to time, or perhaps she is just bored with playing the same character over and over again.

• Alex says:

Yeah I understood what you meant, I had this impression with Nathan at some point this season. I didn’t notice it for him or Stana in this episode but maybe it can be perceived differently for each person.

• Mary says:

I didn´t find her “sad”, but even if it´s true…maybe something related to her private life? Why does it have to be show related? Sometimes when there´s something going on in their life, there are days people can´t hide it very well, imo…

• Patty says:

When ABC-TV announces its 2014-2015 line-up (soon), all signs point to a Season 7 for ‘Castle’ with all the actors returning.

43. blabla says:

Since I didn’t like The Blue Butterfly (and Heartbreak Hotel but well, who did …) I was practically sure I wasn’t going to like it but it was really funny to watch, one of my fav this season !!

44. Susan says:

We thoroughly enjoyed this one. I wish that they had more of these fun episodes~

45. J.Mag says:

Javy sliding across the hood and the limp afterwards along with Ryan’s lingo…some of the funniest moments in the series. It wasn’t a deep drama episode, but it was just fun. I just went along for the ride and it was so much fun. Nathan with the dark glasses he looked so cool and Stana’s facial expressions throughout priceless. Gates had the line of the night though, “You’ve turned my precinct into the set of Kojak!”

46. Anne-Laure says:

The episode was fun yes but I’m still annoyed by what they are doing with Castle’s character. This season, when he’s not a depressed guy who seems on the verge of killing himself, he is that ridiculous guy who’s acting like a clown. Sneak peek for 6X21 : Beckett bored, beating Castle at scrabbled, could they make him more pathetic ?

And there still has zero development in Castle and Beckett relationship for me this season. There must have been maybe one or two conversations between them this year which wasn’t about the wedding or the cases. Not a hard for the writer : one episode for the venue, one for the guest list, one for the dress, one for the flowers etc etc etc … and it had been like that all season 6. And in the meantime, not one real conversation, they are engaged they’re gonna get married and that’s it. They are exactly the same from 6×01 to 6×20. What are the writers going to do next year when they are married and they will be no plannings to do ? For me they really did a lazy job about these two this year.

(It’s just my opinion and I wanted to share it so don’t kill me :( )

47. JL says:

I entered this episode with complete suspension of disbelief. Because of that this was a lot of fun. I laughed out loud at some parts and was almost as stunned as Espo when he saw Lanie. Castle was really into his role and Beckett was a beautiful, although grumpy, partner. Everyone did a great job but I must give very high marks to Seamus Dever (aka Kevin Ryan). I was not sure it was him at first. Very well played by all.

48. Nelmar says:

I really enjoyed this episode, good memories from the 70′s. Hi Dory! Did you watch it? How are you?

49. dcl33 says:

This show is getting better and better with each episode!