Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Hannibal, P'Hood, Once, Girls, Glee, Good Wife, Hawaii Five-0 and More

unnamedGot a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: Please tell me there is some hope for Julia and Joel on Parenthood. —Jan
Ausiello: Something goes down between the estranged couple in the April 17 season finale that “will give people, if not hope, at least something to hope for or to talk about it,” previews exec producer Jason Katims, who concedes that “there’s been a lot of change for a lot of our characters [this season], and a lot of those changes come to a head in this last episode. It really does have a feeling of, ‘So much has led to this moment,’ and there are some nice questions about where things are going to lead, as well. [There's a nice] catharsis at the end.”

RELATED | 2014 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Getting Cancelled? What Already Picked Up? What’s Still on the Bubble?

Question: I would really appreciate any news you have about Parenthood. —Nina
Ausiello: As we previously scooped, Sarah Ramos is back as Haddie in the aforementioned finale. And, according to Katims, the storyline surrounding her return “sets up the potential for her to come back next year. … We wanted to wait until we found a story for her so that it didn’t feel like she was coming back to hug everybody. I really love the story and it will be a bit of a surprise.”

Question: I’ve been loving all of the Regina stuff this half of the season on Once Upon a Time, especially her scenes with Robin Hood. Any scoop on what’s ahead for that romance? –Stef
Ausiello: Alas, as you saw this week, now that Regina has spied Robin’s tell-tale tat, she will keep her fated soul mate at forearm’s length. Explaining her reaction to that reveal, Once cocreator Eddy Kitsis says, “Regina has a very hard time being happy. It frightens her. And she has spent so much time suppressing things, that when she faces them she’s not sure how to react. So for us, its about wanting to explore when and how will Regina open her heart, and to whom.”

Question: Do you have any news about Longmire‘s third season? —Maureen
Ausiello: Cady (Cassidy Freeman) will be visited by a former law school classmate, and, yes, sparks will be flying. According to the casting notice, the blue-collar Cameron — who will recur — still has a bit of a crush on Cady, and those feelings are bound to intensify when he agrees to act as her “shadow counsel” on a certain difficult case.

Question: Any fresh intel on what Glee Season 6 is going to look like? —Charlie
Ausiello: It’s said to be big, bold and… not completely fleshed out at the moment. “I can’t say anything because it’s still cooking, but it’s going to be Glee Season 6good,” teases exec producer Ian Brennan. “I think it will be a very satisfying final season for the show.” Similar to this season’s structure, Season 6 will be “broken up into chunks” Brennan confirms, adding, “With Fox, we get a lot of of preemptions with, like, baseball. So we’re now really plotting out the last year around those little chunks. There will be five or six episodes, and then we’ll go on break for a couple of weeks, which is actually how people have gotten used to watching shows anyway.”

RELATED | Exclusive: Chris Colfer Previews His Glee Writing Debut

Question: Will the badass Jack-Hannibal fight we were teased with in the premiere actually take place in Hannibal‘s season finale, or will we get to see the whole thing play out before then? —Kellen
Ausiello: Per exec producer Bryan Fuller, “The badass fight is actually in the [May 23] season finale, but there will be plenty of naked wrestling amongst other characters to hold you over until then.”

Question: Where is Jason O’Mara and his character Damian on The Good Wife? Did they get rid of him and I missed it? —Sonya
Ausiello: It makes sense that you’d be wondering about the polarizing character’s fate, considering last week’s harrowing hour found Matthew Goode’s painkiller-addled Finn telling Alicia that one of Will’s final phone calls involved “some guy he needed to fire…Damian — he stole some clients.” But that won’t be the end of the story. Mr. Boyle is set to make one final Season 5 appearance on April 13 (aka the next original episode). There’s always a chance he could return in Season 6, but I wouldn’t count on it (and here’s why).

Question: What are Cougar Town‘s chances of being renewed for a sixth season? —Robyn
Ausiello: They’re still hovering around 50/50.

Question: I’m a diehard Cath-Steve ‘shipper and I was so pissed to find out that Michelle Borth is leaving Hawaii Five-0. I was wondering if you knew why she was leaving, and when her last episode will be? —Soujee
Ausiello: I’m told her exit was storyline-dictated. And she’ll make her final appearance in this season’s penultimate hour on May 2 — an episode exec producer Peter M. Lenkov described to TVLine in a recent interview as a “big, dramatic” one for Cath and Steve, featuring “some flashbacks to [Catherine's] stint in the military.”

walking dead beth darylQuestion: Did you get any clarification when Beth will be back on The Walking Dead? I saw that Robert Kirkman said she may not even be in Season 5. Is Emily Kinney contracted for next season? —Derek
Ausiello: She’ll be back, don’t you worry.

RELATED | The Walking Dead Season 5 Preview: Robert Kirkman Drops ‘Scary’ Terminus Intel

Question: Any scoop for Revolution‘s Charloe fans? While Monroe has shown signs of jealousy of Charlie’s relationship with his son, all signs indicate the coffin on this relationship has been sealed shut. They seemingly hate each other. –Karen
Ausiello: “Never give up hope” continues to be the mantra of executive producer Rockne S. O’Bannon. As he tells us, “Sure, Charlie and Connor are a natural hook-up. But there’s no denying that Charlie and Monroe have history. Certainly that’s on Monroe’s mind. Stay tuned.” BONUS SCOOP: In the coming weeks, Revolution will uncork its most mind-blowing episode yet.

Question: Anything on Awkward? —Lynda
Ausiello: Don’t let the Season 4 trailer fool you, Lynda. Jenna may be back in bed with Matty, but that doesn’t mean he’s the man for her. “As the end of high school approaches, Jenna decides she’s looking for a more mature guy,” new showrunners Chris Alberghini and Mike Chessler tell TVLine, and she finds such a guy in college-man Luke (played by Degrassi‘s Evan Williams). As for Bailey, who Matty began dating at the end of Season 3, the showrunners tell us they simply didn’t see a future for her character, though they promise “her exit will be explained.”

Question: Is Hannah really going to relocate to Iowa in Girls‘ fourth season? —Mike
Ausiello: Well, she’s going to give it a shot. The show is currently scouting college campuses to serve as a backdrop for Hannah’s Iowa Writers’ Workshop stint (a request to shoot scenes on location at the University of Iowa was shot down). In the meantime, series creator/star Lena Dunham is casting two new characters who will presumably help ease Hannah into her new life, including a hyper-intellectual fellow student with a challenging past, and a witty, oddly sexual professor with a distinct perspective.

Girl in New OrleansQuestion: In the upcoming episodes of The Originals, will Davina still want revenge on Klaus for killing her boyfriend Tim? –Tom
Ausiello: The short answer is yes, though getting her pound of flesh may take some time. “She’s furious at him for what he did. And she’s never going to forgive him, I don’t think,” actress Danielle Campbell told us. But at least as of episodes filmed through late March, “She hasn’t [seen him], so the opportunity hasn’t arisen.”

Question: How I Met Your Mother is finished. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has a major character that’s a possible traitor who may not be around for a second season. My math says Cobie Smulders will be series regular Maria Hill in Season 2. What do your secret agents tell you? —Martin
Ausiello: As awesome as that would be, I can’t see it happening — at least not the series regular part. That said, a Maria Hill arc in Season 2 seems plausible — assuming there is a Season 2.

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments, and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com (Additional reporting by Andy Swift and Vlada Gelman)

1. What is it with people wanting Charlie and Monroe in Revolution to hook up? Do they realize that he’s literally old enough to be her father (who most likely is Miles)?

• Bobklause says:

So? Age is just a number! The two have chemistry, so why not push the boundaries a little bit?

• Dmav says:

And that he is pure evil…

• MAS says:

Exactly. Why would someone want anyone with Monroe let alone Charlie?

• Baileigh says:

How is he pure evil? For doing what he had to do to survive? All we have seen and heard pretty much regarding the last 15 years is from Miles’s point of view where Monroe is concerned. I for one would like to see Monroe’s perspective on the last 15 years. Monroe was pretty much subservant to Miles in the begining (immediately after the blackout and for several years following), what happened to make him take a position of leadership over Miles?

• dthomas74 says:

Because it is gross and almost incestuous since Monroe has been like family until he got power hungry. Ick.

• Cassandra says:

Well, he killed her brother and is indirectly responsible for the death of her father, so there’s that.

• Kar says:

Why not? He’s so hot!

• Meredith says:

I have to say I’m one of those people who wanted Charlie and Monroe together bc I too feel their chemistry is awesome, but as soon as she slept with Connor I felt like that door was closed. I would have a hard time accepting that she would sleep with both father and son.

• Elyse says:

I’m with Meredith. I was shipping Monroe and Charlie hard… but now it would just be creepy.

• Baileigh says:

Considering that her mother was lusting after one brother for years while married to the other brother, I don’t think it is that far of a jump to consider the possibility that the apple didn’t fall far from the tree in this instance. Anyway I don’t think Charlie is Miles’s daughter. The show has gone out of their way to clarify that Miles and Rachel have never slept together before now.

• alex says:

“The show has gone out of their way to clarify that Miles and Rachel have never slept together before now.” When did they do that?

• SallyW says:

It was pretty clear when they went to the old drive-in and Erica said “I think 20 years is enough fore play”. It actually made me like their relationship a lot more than before! Yes, they were still wrong still wrong to cheat, but there was still a line they both refused to cross. A refreshing thing to see in a kill or be killed world haha :)

• Ari says:

I’ve never even thought about them as a possible romantic relationship. That question really took me by surprise. There’s just something about Monroe lusting after Miles’ probable daughter that just adds insult to injury on all the crap he’s done to Miles.

• Katherine215 says:

This, plus he was responsible for the death of her father and brother, and he’s a PSYCHOPATH! He got way too much pleasure out of killing people during that last battle. I didn’t like even the idea of him before Connor came along, and now I really like Connor with Charlie and would like to see Connor choosing not to be like his father, partly for his mother and partly because of Charlie. Oh, please renew this show!

• alex says:

Whenever I read someone say that Bass is a psychopath and is responsible for the deaths of Ben and Danny I’m wondering if they even watch the same show. Details, babe, details. Watch it again.

• Reneé says:

I actually think Monroe is pretty hot (crazy wicked, but hot) and the first few shows implied that she was younger than they are acting like she is now. Also since it seems as if Miles is probably her dad, that makes it wrong since Miles and Monroe used to be best buds. And now she has already “did the deed” with his son that is way too much of keeping it in the family!!

• Tina says:

At first I was like -NO, now I’m like-alright, I’m into it. But slow slow burn. They have a good chemistry, they are the hottest ones on the show and their past and age gap would make it controversial and interesting. Her with Connor? She turns him against his dad, makes him see the light? We saw that last season with Jason. Boring.

Age gap- she is 22 he is 43/44 (if he was 18/19 when Connor was born) not a huge deal. Happens in real life and frequently in tv/movies. On the following Kevin bacon is at least 20 years older than reporter girl. On this show Gene’s ex is more than 20 yrs younger

Practically related – but they are not. And they didn’t meet till she was an adult. And at this point miles and bass are more best frenemies than bros

She did his son – all these people are smokin hot they have not known each other that long they are all either a little messed up and it is the apocalypse! I just don’t think any of them are above it.

Their history – in real life never. In tv, somewhat common plot device

Gosh that was long. Clearly I’m bored.

• He’s 46, she’s 20.

• Tina says:

In the last episode they explicitly state (Rachel and Charlie scene) that she is 22. When they are looking for Connor they say he is about 25. In the flash back in 1.15 where Bass sleeps with Emma they are teenagers 18 or 19 (that’s what is implied and what it says in a few episode descriptions) so that is why I think 43 /44

• The Revolution wiki says he was born in 82 and she was born in 07, that the blackout took place in 2012 and the series began 15 years later, which puts it in 2029. In season one she would have been 20 and he would have been 46.

• Tina says:

Do the writers not read the wiki page or does the wiki page not watch the show? Lol
            Tv shows always play loose with their characters ages

• Janet says:

Michael Sacal, I am going to with what they said on the actual episode. Tina is right, Rachel said to Charlie: “you are 22 years old, you can still have a future”. That was in the last episode, Why We Fight. I think I would go with what they said in the actual episode, over what Revolution wiki says. Wiki is info gathered, it’s not run by NBC or Warner Bro’s for Revolution, so it is not always properly updated.

I think why I tend to not have an issue with their age gap as in real life, The actor that plays Monroe is 37, and the actor who plays Charlie is apparently between 26-31. Even if you look at the wiki site(which again isn’t always accurate, it says she graduated high school in 2000. That would make her 31-32. So I guess I can’t help but think about their real ages even on the show and it makes it hard for me to see a problem with even what they are supposed to be portraying.
          People don’t seem to have many issues with the age gap of Rumple and Belle on Once upon a time. People also don’t seem to care that George Clooney dates models half his age, instead people say, oh, he’s a good looking bachelor.

So, Monroe is hot. Good writers can figure out ways to handle and fix the mistake that was Charlie &Connor( which I think they are already doing-for two that are suppose to be a couple, we have never even seen them touch or kiss? I think the writers have done this on purpose)
          The actors that play Monroe and Charlie have insane chemistry on screen which is why there is a large fan base for that couple. I definitely root for that coupling as long as the writers figure out a good way to play it.

• Katherine215 says:

First, plenty of “people” have an issue with the age gap of Rumple and Belle, and plenty of “people” think that, while still good looking, George Clooney is becoming a dirty old man.
            Second, I don’t think the Charlie/Connor pairing was a mistake, And they just had Charlie checking out his butt an episode or two ago, so I don’t think they’re breaking them up just yet. I doubt they’d even say they were a couple yet, just a hook up.
            The actor who plays Monroe is attractive. The character of Monroe is a crazy guy who likes killing people and being in power. If the actress wants to date the actor, it’s none of my business. But the characters getting together is disturbing and would say a lot about the mental state of Charlie, especially as she was the moral compass of the characters. At one point, at least.

• There are two different Revolution wikis, both of which say Charlie was born in 2007. Unfortunately neither one cites their source, which would help.

• jenferner8 says:

It has nothing to do with Monroe’s being way to hot for Charlie (which he is) or all the “bad” things he’s done, I’m so completely grossed out by the very idea of Charlie and Monroe, and that was well before Connor. But I really can’t stand Charlie or her mother anyway. And I’m so tired of Kevin Bacon’s Ryan and the trampy reporter I don’t even care about their age difference anymore but it IS gross.

• Tiyanne mcgowan says:

They all done bad things dear….pay attention to canon in the show and not just what the writers want u to think. He aint power hungry by any means, he helps people who are

• jenferner8 says:

My name isn’t “dear”. I’m simply stating I don’t think Charlie and Monroe are “couple” material, the two of them together romantically is gross. My remarks about Monroe are only a way of stating that his actions aren’t the reason I feel this way. Yes, he’s hot, but Charlie’s an immature brat and sleeping with Connor in no way makes her an adult.

• alex says:

i LOVE Charlie and Monroe together. When I was in my 20’s, guys my own age were boring, uninteresting, inexperienced, and had the maturity level of that of a 12 yo so…age IS just a number. Charloe? Bring it.

• Katie says:

Ew, that’s a thing? SO glad I stopped watching this show after season 1. What a disaster.

2. sarah says:

I wanted Joel and Julia to get back together on Parenthood until last week and what he told her. So I now want to see her move one. I really liked Joel until this season.
    I am glad that Haddie will be back. I hope Parenthood is renewed.

• rowan77 says:

Me too. I really thought his coming to the Aida’s christening was the beginning of a reconciliation – even if it’s slow moving with occasional setbacks – but he’s just turned into a complete dick – and that’s not very Joel-like. After last week, I want Julia to find happiness with Ed, or anyone other than Joel. Are the working toward writing him off of the show?

• herman1959 says:

I’ve been saying they are moving toward writing Joel off for weeks now. If they turn around and have him reconcile with Julia by the season finale, I just won’t be able to buy it.

• Ari says:

Preach! I loved Joel until this season. Then he seemed to undergo a total personality transplant. Now I’m convinced Julia deserves better. I am convinced that Joel must have a brain tumor or something. There is no explanation for his sudden personality change. Also, he seems to be forgetting that he had a little flirtation and kiss with one of the moms in Syd’s play group back in season 1. Why was it ok for him but it’s a divorceable offense when Julia does it? Julia at least showed some remorse. Joel didn’t.

• Kiki says:

Oh see I agree with Joel. He put a lot of himself into his home and his family while Julia was working and once the tables were turned, Julia had both a hard time doing it and admitting it was hard. She failed and then she flailed and then it was everyone else’s fault.

• MAS says:

I actually was disappointed with Julia’s reaction. Why not give him some time to figure it out and find his way back? Why push him so hard that his only option is to say it is over? At some point that would be appropriate, but it seems so early and selfish on Julia’s part and suggests she is more interested in moving on than saving her marriage.

• holly says:

Except he won’t talk to her. I think that’s been the big problem this whole season. I can understand him being upset about Julia’s behaviour but he went so far overboard in reacting. And he would stay out all night and Julia accepted it at first, but because he always dismissed her concerns – about their son, his work, I can see how it happened. Julia never treated Joel like he was less than her for staying home with the kids or that his opinion didn’t matter but I feel like that’s how he treated Julia.

• chris says:

I think Haddie’s pregnant.

• tvfan says:

That was my first thought, too, but the writers on Parenthood don’t often give in to cliches. I hope not!

• tiffanie says:

I think haddies going to be pregnant the only thing I’m thinking that could keep her home

3. ferozah says:

When will Rookie Blue be back

4. dax says:

Cobie Smulders is way better actress with improved comic skills with her time on HIMYM to be wasted in S.H.I.E.L.D.. I would like her to have a series lead in the coming year.. or she could always go the “Jen An” way and become a bigger movie star

• Patrick says:

I think she takes a year or so “off” to live in NYC with her hubby as he does SNL, one of the more demanding, time-wise, shows on TV. She can do movies or whatever. The movie transition will be harder for her than other TV actresses, just because of her height. 5-9ish (probs closer to 5-10) actresses aren’t in super high demand because of short male co-stars. Regardless, she will have large supporting roles in several movies over the next 5-6 years, which will pay her very well. I could see her biding her time with movie roles until a great TV show script crosses her desk. That might be this year, it might be in 3 years. Who knows? But she is gorgeous and talented, so we will see lots more of her.

• Kevin says:

Agents of Sheild has improved dramatically and she wouldn’t be wasted——she’d be welcome part as she’s been enjoyable in Avengers, Cap and AoS.

5. Katie says:

Is Glee still definitely doing a sixth season? That pickup came while Cory Monteith was still alive and since his death there’s been a massive reworking of the show. Jayma Mays even said in her interview on Chelsea Lately that there might not be another season. I can’t see how they can sustain a full season and a half on just the lackluster New York storyline, especially when the ratings have been so incredibly low and the series has suffered even more than I anticipated without Finn.

• Mark says:

They are. The Klaine fangirls need a wedding to diddle their twiddles to.

• Katie says:

Bahahaha. Terrible.

• B says:

Ugh. God, that really will happen won’t it. At least neither of them will be heard much from once this show is FINALLY off the air and I won’t have to hear about it on TVLine anymore.

• Kathryn says:

You don’t HAVE to hear about it on TVLine now. Did you know you are allowed to skip over articles about Glee and not even read them or comment on them?

• B says:

Right, but when there’s a question about it on the weekly spoilers posting (and there almost ALWAYS is one chosen), there are often dozens and dozens of comments from the fangirls/fanboys squealing about the show, And those you have to scroll through to read something interesting instead. I look forward to the time that no longer happens.

• Katie says:

Actually, although I’m completely sick of Klaine as a couple I think Darren Criss is incredibly talented and will do well once Glee wraps. Crossing my fingers for him to come to Broadway!

• Dee says:

He won’t last on Broadway. Even he has admitted his voice can’t hold up long term to the demands of 8 shows per week. His voice barely held up on that concert tour he did last year

• Anne says:

They’ll definitely do the final season, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the show is moved to Friday or gets way less episodes to work with.

• Jen says:

Agreed, I’d be shocked if Fox gives them a full season next year. And yes, I realize the songs make money but have they done as well as they did back in the beginning?

• dude says:

I don’t think that pickup was contingent on Cory Monteith being alive, he wasn’t the star of the show. He’s gone, it’s sad, it’s definitely affected the show but it’ll still get a season 6. The contracts have been signed.

• Katie says:

I didn’t say the pickup for season 6 was contingent on Cory Monteith being alive, my point is that Ryan Murphy had a specific plan for the rest of the series that involved him and that plan has drastically changed. As far as season 6 goes, the contracts have been signed, but with the show has consistently been getting its worst ratings ever. Last night’s was only 2.6 million with a 0.9 share. It’s looking as if Fox is starting to lose money by producing the show, and even though they signed contracts Fox still is within its rights to pull the show. Maybe (hopefully) if they do go forward with another season it’ll be a short one.

• Glee says:

He may not have been the “star” of the show but his character was key to the show. All of S5 & S6 was going to be set around Finn and Rachel. They have lost so many viewers this season that even if contracts are signed S6 could still be cut in half. It happens all the time to shows that have been renewed.

• it seems to me that if they want a good send off, they’ll wait until the very last episode before Klaine gets married. cute way to wrap up the series, no? but, after what happened w/ both Finchels wedding, and the finale of the us Queer as Folk, im not too hopeful about this happening.

6. I have heard more about H50 even the director said it’s epic! Some major spoiler filming pics have even surfaced online that Steve will end up being a casualty in the episode also. But that doesn’t mean that Cath may die Peter has hinted she will not die in her final episode

But thanks for the H50 spoilers it would be nice not to have every spoiler goss on shows like Glee or Once for a change it’s getting rather boring and it seems to be the same topic all the time.

• Lauren says:

TVline actually is one of the few sites that bother with H50, so I’m loving it. Wish more TV sites cared to cover. But I find plenty here.

• Alisa Neely says:

unless something has changed alex SIGNED for 2 more years….and as for catherine: i’m THRILLED she going…..she added NOTHING to the show….and just took AWAY from the cast….there is 0 chemistry between her and cast…..especially with alex/steve…..in fact, the last couple of eppies that she’s been in….he is HARDLY ever alone with her….and tends to send her out on her own…..i DO think, the show is WRONG for adding so many as REGULARS though…..they have trouble balancing the characters they have NOW.

• Gwen says:

I don’t believe it is the fault of the actress who plays Catherine. The writers never came up with a really interesting story line for her, instead making her more of a “go-fer” rather than an important part of the 5-0 team.

• Alisa Neely says:

she NEVER should have been part of the TEAM officially….imo, she got that guy KILLED she worked with before steve put her on the team….she should have STAYED IN THE NAVY and OUT AT SEA.

• Nic says:

That’s true. Catherine never felt like one of the 5-0 team. She was okay as an occasional recurring character/bed buddy for Steve but she didn’t blend in with the rest of the crew. Sorry to say that I’m not sad at all at the exit of her character from the show, though no disrepect to the actress herself. Seems like a good move on the show’s part to have her character move on and away at this point. Good luck to Michelle Borth, ofcourse, wherever she winds up.

7. wrstlgirl says:

BETH!!!!! That is all :-)

8. Kyle says:

The first 10 episodes of S.H.I.E.L.D. warranted no renewal. The back end of episodes have absolutely earned it though! With the tie in to Captain America and 7 weeks of consecutive shows coming – it should get through!

• Katie says:

Yeah? They lost my viewership for good in the first 10, unfortunately.

• Mari says:

I was thinking of dropping it too, but I sticked with it and it was a great choice.
        You should try giving another go.

• Jerri says:

Give it another chance, you’re missing out, Katie. I re-watched all 15 episodes a few days ago, and the quality has improved vastly in the latter ones. I can’t wait for next week’s episode to see how they tie it up with what happened in Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

• Katie says:

I’m just not a comic book person, so I don’t know much of anything about the Marvel universe and they did nothing to keep me interested as someone who is outside the comic book world. I did see most of the Avengers movies but only once so I only have a peripheral grasp of the universe. Plus, Coulson was the only character I could stand. As a huge Whedonverse fan I was sorely disappointed. Unless they killed off anyone but Coulson and hired a completely new writing staff I don’t see how I could become invested. Too much other good stuff on Tuesday night.

• Christina says:

I’m not a comic book fan either, and to be honest, I almost dropped this show last Fall too because I just wasn’t interested. The FitzSimmons relationship is what keeps me going now, but the overall story is miles better than it was before. Give the back 7 a chance!

• Gwen says:

I am not a comic book person either, but I love the Marvel movies, so I was looking forward to the TV series. While the first few episodes did not live up to my expectations, the last few have been really good and I think it just took the writers a while to “find their footing” as it were. Now the series is where it should have been from the beginning. As to there being “too much other good stuff on Tuesday,” that’s why DVRs were invented!

• rowan77 says:

From what I understand, the later episodes have more of Joss’ input, where the first 10 were really Jed and Maurissa’s. They’ve never been showrunners before and plotting out a season is very difficult. I hope ABC gives the show a second season.

• Jerri says:

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is also tied into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and the people behind the show are limited in what they can/can’t do with regards to characters and story lines. It has to line up with the overall MCU. Yes the execution hasn’t been that great to begin with, but there’s been improvement in the last few episodes, it may just be a case of too little too late. However, according to TV By The Numbers, SHIELD isn’t doing *too* badly; in fact it’s doing quite well amongst teens, young men and etc (even beating NCIS in those key demos). Overall audience numbers isn’t the only deciding factor in a show’s renewal.

• brina says:

The later episodes are way better, I am glad that I stuck with it now. I honestly think they will renew no matter the numbers though. This a HUGE advertisement of the Marvel universe for them, which is one of their true money makers.

9. Maria says:

I’m not ready for life after HIMYM just yet :'(
    Every time an AA was posted HIMYM spoilers were the first thing I’d scan for. The rest came later.
    Sigh.

10. Evan says:

When will you May Sweeps scorecard be up? Long time reader, first time commentator :)

11. I like the Joel/Julia troubled marriage storyline on Parenthood this season, but I wish they could have done it without making Joel so unlikeable. There were plenty of legitimate problems in their marriage that could have caused huge problems for them. The way he’s reacted to one kiss that wasn’t her fault and wasn’t welcomed or kept from him has made him really hard to sympathize with.

• AT says:

I agree. They could have had marital problems that didn’t appear so one-sided. The perspective they’ve shown is that Joel went back to work, started ignoring Julia and their marriage, then blew things way out of proportion when Julia was kissed. He up and moved out and wouldn’t even consider counseling. His only claim is that Julia wasn’t supporting him, but all I saw was him never being around and her unable to ever talk to him. And when he was around he wouldn’t engage with her (like when she kept trying to talk to him about Victor’s school issues). It’s strange and completely against his character.

• cozygal36 says:

It is hard for us to understand why hes being so bull-headed because as a viewer, we got to see it happen from Julia’s point of view but Joel didn’t. From Joel’s point of view, his wife kissed another man and didn’t tell him about it. He had to find out from Ed, they guy she kissed, a guy that his wife was texting, and talking to about their marital problems.

• CountryQueen says:

So why isn’t he even interested in therapy? I think it’s beyond crappy that he is just giving up on the marriage. ‘Cuz that’s what it looks like. He’s not fighting for his marriage.

• cozygal36 says:

To me it just seems like he wanted time to process everything instead of immediately trying to fix it like Julia is.

12. Maryann says:

How can there be doubt as to a Season 2 for SHIELD? I thought all the sites predicting show renewals had it at a sure thing?! Is there something you know that you’re not telling?

• John says:

Hmm. I don’t know. Even this site has SHIELD as “a safe bet” so does TVBtN.

• Patrick says:

Yeah, it is essentially an hour long advertisement for its parent company’s most valuable movie franchise. Plus, it holds its own vs what is/was the most popular drama on TV in a space that has been a slow death march for ABC for years. It established a beachhead on Tuesday, giving ABC another night to work with in wake of DWTS’s relative collapse on the night.

Its not going anywhere.

13. Ryan says:

Charlie is not Miles’ daughter. The first time Miles and Rachael hooked up was at that abandoned drive in.

• Katherine215 says:

That’s the first time they hooked up recently. I think you’re forgetting they were having an affair in the early stages of her marriage to Ben. She came to see him when he was on leave and wanted to leave Ben for him, and he told her no (which he later told her he regretted). I don’t believe she had Charlie yet, so it’s possible she was pregnant when they broke it off.

• Baileigh says:

The FIRST time Miles and Rachel were together was at the abandoned drive in, Rachel even commented that twenty years was enough foreplay.

• alex says:

I don’t think that statement of 20 years blah, blah, blah is an absolute statement though. It could mean many different things. I still think Charlie is Miles’. Hope so. It would be a great arc especially with a Charloe arc. Fun. Drama. Love it.

14. Ally Oop says:

After I heard Michelle Borth was getting written out of Hawaii, I decided that this season would be my last. It was a bubble show for me to begin with but now I’ve decided to quit it. The writers have failed in regards to keeping more than one strong female character around and I enjoyed seeing Steve in a relationship.

• Dan G says:

Don’t hold your breath for STEVE getting/keeping a girlfriend… First, he’s a loner, who gives only when he has to. Second, it’s likely that the writers figure that once he gets a “keeper”, she becomes a target of, or leverage for the Bad Guys. (I don’t want to see her go either, FYI)

• Jimpy says:

I like Michelle borth, but the shows cast is getting 2 big and unwieldy. I believe that Danny has not been in 2 episodes this year. In fact as far as I can tell Chin Ho is the only person to appear in every episode of every season.

With Grover as a regular now and the large cast of recurring characters, people are getting less and less to do. Catherine Rollins worked better as a recurring character.

• JC says:

I believe at least part of Danny’s absences (and possibly all of them) had to do with commitments that Scott Caan had in LA, and the writers were willing to work around it. That can’t be blamed on the expanded cast.

15. Kate says:

$5 says Haddie’s on drugs.

16. Maryann says:

I still have not forgiven the show for getting rid of Chin Ho’s wife. She, like Catherine, was one of my favorite characters on the show. I cannot imagine any creative reason for getting rid of Catherine that could possibly justify her absence. I have really enjoyed seeing her as part of a couple with Steve. Their *normality* is just so refreshing. The only other dramatic lead I can think of with an established significant other in all the years I have been watching tv is the lead in Grimm. Why is this sort of situation on tv dramas so rare? And why is any woman cast in such a role more than likely doomed?

• Katherine215 says:

Coach and Tami Taylor were married, and their marriage was my favorite part of that show. Though it may not be the same kind of show you’re thinking of. I don’t watch H50 anymore, but I do find it annoying that established couples are rarely seen on tv.

• JC says:

You’re right – it’s rare, and I wish it wasn’t. Peter and Elizabeth on White Collar is the only other one I can think of right now. I’m going to miss the Steve/Cath relationship on H50. And as someone else mentioned, I fail to see why they seem to have such an issue having more than one regular female character on the show at a time.

• Alisa Neely says:

WHAT relationship…..they NEVER even said, they were boyfriend/girlfriend…..she was his go-to girl for information to begin with…..and he PAID her with food & sex……and he was pretty much PRESSURED to take her on a PROPER DATE…..and he showed up at kamekona’s truck wearing a TUX…..we don’t even know, where they went……and the TRUE ROMANCE on the show and alex KNOWS IT and has ADMITTED to it….is the BROMANCE between steve and danny…..there was HARDLY any true romance between steve and catherine….and MOST of the time….she was thrown into scenes 1/2 dressed….she added NOTHING.

i’m sorry, they got rid of Malia as well….i liked them……what i DON’T like….is that NO ONE other then STEVE can be the hero…..any time, danny has been filmed helping to SAVE he & steve….they are EDITED OUT….in favor of SUPER SEAL……they need to learn BALANCE.

• JC says:

Oh good grief. Take off the McDanno goggles for a moment. They were in a relationship, whether you liked her or not. That’s ridiculous.

• Siobhan says:

Umm, when the guy always says “she’s not my girlfriend” they are not in a relationship. They were sex buddies. I am thrilled they are finally getting rid of this useless character.

• Alisa Neely says:

THANK YOU….it’s like the TIVA fans….seeing chemistry and love….where there was NONE….MCROLL had 0 and even catherine couldn’t admitt to that talk show lady, they were in a RELATIONSHIP…..and that was in SEASON 3….lol…..HELL, steve hardly gave her must thought….even when they were in the same room….and recently, there was ALWAYS someone between them at work….and she wasn’t at his place must either.

• JC says:

And if I remember correctly Danny called him out on that ridiculous statement. Steve not wanting to define their relationship does not mean they were not in one. Besides, while they may have started out as friends with benefits, it’s been clear that their relationship has progressed significantly since then. There would have been no issues with her taking the job with her ex if she and Steve were still just “sex buddies.” That’s my point. Whether you like the relationship or not, the show has been quite clear that they are in one. Saying they’re not is just willful denial.

17. SJ says:

Really excited for more Revolution. Monroe/Charlie have amazing chemistry and their scenes together are part of what keeps me watching, whether it progresses to anything more or not!

18. Kat says:

exec producer Ian Brennan is off his rocker if he thinks it’s what folks have gotten used to when he refers to showing shows in chunks. It’s what is forced on us and I for one HATE that trend. It’s made me stop watching more than one show over the years no matter how much I like them. I like the old way of doing things where you had months of episodes and then a couple months of reruns until Sept. when the new shows started. They can tell themselves all they want to that viewers don’t mind it but I find it incredibly annoying and so far people I’ve talked to about it said they felt the same way. For me it interrupts the flow enough that after awhile I get sick of it and just stop watching.

• Francine says:

Trust me, I feel your pain. But when you have a 20 something episode show running September through May, reruns are inevitable. Even the older shows weren’t immune to this. They had weeks off at a time as well, though I think the structuring was better. I personally hate when one new episode is shown, then off for two weeks, then another new episode, then off again. I’d rather get a “chunk” of new episodes at least. Though if I had my way I’d have the seasons start later in the year to get a less interrupted run of episodes. Either way it sucks though so I do understand the frustration.

• Jen says:

I actually like the way ABC did it this season with the first 11/12 episodes, a two month break and now having the rest of the 11/12 episodes with no interruptions. The break was not that fun at times, but it’s worth it now knowing that the shows won’t be two weeks on and then one week off (or one week on and two weeks off).

• Katherine215 says:

I love what ABC did. I feel like it keeps story arcs from dragging out over full seasons. If there hadn’t been a break for OUAT, for example, I’m afraid they might still be dragging out Neverland. I hope more shows do it, if only so that there’s a natural end to arcs that might not be doing well with the viewers. You know the show will move on to something else when it returns to hiatus so maybe you’re inclined to stick with a story you’re not as interested in.
        Also, as a viewer, it was nice to have a break to catch up on other shows I’d fallen behind on, and some cable shows returned in January and it made my admittedly excessive TV-watching a little more manageable.

19. Kayte CookWatts says:

I thought Joel was reacting not only to the kiss, but Julia flipping out and basically throwing a tantrum in front of his boss. I thought his feelings of not being really supported in his work was the bigger problem for them. She quits her job, and has trouble being a stay at home mom after he was 100% behind her when she worked outside the home.I don’t see him as unlikeable at all. He didn’t feel like his work was important to her, and she couldn’t deal with the kids as smoothly as he did.That is a huge issue. Then she starts flirting with another guy? His reaction is understandable.

20. CBWBDK1 says:

I was hoping the Jack-Hannibal fight would take place before Hannibal‘s season finale. It better not be the final scene of the season!

21. Luis says:

When will people stop casting Jason O’Mara, certified show killer. The Agency, Life on Mars, Terra Nova, the guy is strychnine for t.v.v shows. The Kings managed to pull the rip cord before TGW got taken down. Come to think of it, ABC, please give Jason O’Mara a lengthy story arc on Revenge?

22. A.B. says:

I hope that doesn’t mean that Branch is dead on Longmire. He was barely hanging on onthe season finale.

23. Katie says:

Isn’t that the same scoop we got on Revolution & Charloe a few weeks ago from Matt’s Inside Line? Like literally, the exact same quote. Is there seriously nothing new y’all could have gotten?

24. John Hibert says:

Bring back Ashely Judd in Missing

25. Andrew Hass says:

Those are all good spoilers.Regarding Parenthood i don’t think Joel and Julia reunite but i see them taking a step in getting back together and as for Haddie i’m wondering if there’s a family crisis that warrants her return and has her stay longer.As for Beth on The Walking Dead i’m sure she’ll be back next season but i’m wondering for how long.She could be at Terminus too but the other characters don’t know it yet.

26. PFitzDC says:

Re: Good Wife:
    LOVE Jason O’Mara
    HATE, LOATHE, DESPISE Damien Boyle.

For such a splendid show, they go completely wrong in writing certain characters, like Kalinda’s ex-husband and Damien. There was no nuance to either, no shades. They were just grating and annoying.

Hoping Jason O’Mara lands a role that makes him more empathetic and attractive to viewers. He’s been fantastic in so many things, like Vegas, Life on Mars, Men in Trees, In Justice (even Terra Nova)….the guy needs a hit!

(Paging Shonda Rhimes…if you write Scott Foley’s Jake into an irrevocable corner, consider bringing O’Mara on for the talented eye candy slot next season….)

• xx says:

It’s the one weakness of The Good Wife- they keep coming back to these characters who are men being violent/flirty with Kalinda. It worked OK with Blake because there was a huge plot revelation about Kalinda and Peter (plus we got to see her bash things with a baseball bat), but the Stupid Husband was atrocious (what does Kalinda see in that moron? The weak actor didn’t help) and Damien sucks too. And don’t get me started on the sleazy cop he set on her.

27. jenferner8 says:

I’m so loving Regina and Robin on OUAT!! They’re my new favorite couple. In light of what has been said about them I think/hope that they were together during the year nobody remembers. I read somewhere something about a wedding, I think/hope maybe Regina and Robin were married during the missing year. I’d love to see them fall in love again before the spell is broken.

28. When did Parenthood get their season six pickup? I totally missed it, but I love that the finale scoops appear to be setting up for next year…? I need more of this show in my life, and feared the home-sell plot was tied to a series end…ALSO I think I’m now fully emotionally ready for a Joel/Julia divorce. It makes too much sense for those two, and would let Parenthood remain one of the most realistic family shows on television. The only thing a reconciliation would fix is (possibly) Victor’s abandonment issues, but I think it would be more compelling if they tackled that together but apart. Besides, I’d want Sonya Walger as MY step mom, so I like that possibility, too. She’s been way too underused all year, in my opinion.

29. Naazneen says:

Unless maoS is seriously retooled, i dont want a second season. I was so amped for this show but everything about it has been a major snoozefest. Especially the hacker character? I forget her name.

• Isobel says:

I think everyone’s predicting a retool with the show’s renewal, probably more characters with superpowers that they’re starting to add and they’re bringing in Whedon regulars like Patton Oswalt and Amy Acker. I also agree Skye (hacker girl) is irritating and I wish would be killed off for real

30. J.M.C says:

Because he is a straight white male and she is a minority. Whatever, the guy is proving to be classless and a bad example of professional behavior. Sadly many women placed it that situation don’t speak up because they are afraid to rock the boat, especially in that industry.