Ratings: Versus The Walking Dead's Finale High, Good Wife Holds Steady; NBC's Crisis Drops

Walking Dead Finale RatingsLeading out of well-watched NCAA hoops coverage, CBS’ Sunday line-up is looking at week-to-week gains across the board.

RELATED | Keep or Cut? Vote on the Fate of Mentalist, Crisis, Resurrection and 25 Other ‘Bubble’ Shows

Based on preliminary guesstimates subject to change (due to a 20-minute NCAA overrun), The Amazing Race (with 9.8 million total viewers and a 2.0 demo rating), The Good Wife (10.4 mil/1.7 opposite the Walking Dead finale) and The Mentalist (I myself shall predict 9.1 mil/1.5) all ticked up.

RELATED | The Good Wife Recap: Uncomfortably Numb

I’ll post firmer final CBS numbers when they eventually trickle in.

UPDATE: The aforementioned Walking Dead drew 15.7 million total viewers, with 10.2 mil landing in the 18-49 sweet spot — both marking finale highs, but down a bit from the season opener’s all-time bests (16.1 mil/10.4). All told, Season 4 was up more than 20 percent versus Season 3, averaging 13.3 million weekly viewers.

RELATED | Walking Dead Post Mortem: Robert Kirkman Shares ‘Scary’ Terminus Intel, Talks ‘Difficult’ Carl Scene, Promises Quick Answers In Season 5

Elsewhere….

ABC | Once Upon a Time (6.5 mil/2.1) shed a handful of eyeballs but was steady in the demo, Resurrection (8.2 mil/2.3) slipped 14 percent and two tenths opposite Walking Dead and Revenge (5.2 mil/1.4) dipped 9 percent and a tenth.

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Recap: A Hero’s Death
RELATED | Revenge Recap: Know When to Hold ‘Em

NBC | American Dream Builders (3.3 mil/0.8) and Believe (4.8 mil/1.1) each ticked down a tenth, while Crisis (4.3 mil/1.0) fell 16 and 23 percent.

FOX | Bob’s Burgers (2.3 mil/1.0) and Cosmos (3.9 mil/1.5) each dipped two tenths opposite basketball and zombies, respectively. American Dad (2.8 mil/1.4) and The Simpsons (4 mil/1.9) were flat, and Family Guy (4.1 mil/2.1) dipped a tenth.

1. Eric7740 says:

OUAT is on fire with this OZ storyline!!! Great job OUAT!!!

2. K says:

Glad The Good Wife looks set to get some great ratings this week, even if it is over devastating circumstances.

• Tyler says:

I don’t understand why more people aren’t watching The Good Wife–over devastating circumstances or not. I think it’s one of the best shows on TV right now. It’s just as good–if not better–than Mad Men.

• HAP says:

10.4 million viewers is not chopped liver. It does skew older. Hence, although it gets a larger overall audience than any of the ABC shows, it lags in the demo.

• Miranda says:

The Good Wife is THE best drama series this season – across all cable and network.
      It was already on creative fire at the start of this season, without the recent tragedy, and for them to take it up yet another notch mid-season is just sensational.

3. Fernando says:

I have been defending Revenge all season long but I have reach the spot many others are, the writing just isn’t there any more, Emily seems to always be losing while the Grayson are just enjoying life, her plans aren’t going through, and ratings are proving how the fans really feel. I think it’s probably time ABC just gives Revenge a fourth and final season unless they can bring back Mike Kelly to fix the show back to it’s season 1 roots

4. Simon says:

Cosmos is killing the animated shows on Fox. They need to return to their normal schedule.

• Hana says:

Please get a life. Fox’s animated shows have been on for 25 years, I think they will survive Cosmos. PS- Watch it, you might learn something.

5. jasie says:

Surprised Resurrection and Crisis keeps bleeding viewers. Both have been pretty good, especially Resurrection .

• wrstlgirl says:

I agree.

• TvPeong says:

I hope Resurrection gets picked up for another season.

Was the plan for Crisis to be a one-season show, or was it supposed to be multi-seasons. I think that it will work best as a one-season show. I don’t see how it will play out for multiple seasons.

• herman1959 says:

Consider that Resurrection was up against the Walking Dead finale, and the downtick doesn’t seem that bad. I say 8.2 million viewers is nothing to complain about. As for the demo issue, it’s time for the networks and advertisers to get real and stop putting all their eggs in one basket. Other age groups have money to spend. Resurrection should not be yanked at this point.

6. wrstlgirl says:

Revenge is boring, and it makes me sad to say that. Emily’s plot to take down the Grayson’s has really ran it’s course.

• Dani says:

ITA. It’s just not the same anymore and not worth staying up on a Sunday night. ABC should just end this. If there is a 4th season of REVENGE ratings will only get worse. And by five million watching live and a 1.4 rating how much lower do you really wanna get…!?

• Lena says:

I completely agree. At least in Season 1, I saw Emily making progress from week to week. Now, she barely accomplishes anything. I’m ready to drop this show.

• Elyse says:

I have to force myself to watch it every week. I keep hanging on hoping it will get good again… and it just doesn’t! I was never an Emily and Jack fan but honestly at this point I wouldn’t be mad if they got together as long as the show stopped sucking.

7. caro says:

loveeee believeeee, the best show this season for me, i cried every episode

8. MP says:

Cosmos is such a great show. If you haven’t watched it yet, check it out. I wish I were as smart as Dr. Tyson. He should be so proud of the show he and his team have put together. Revenge has become a chore to watch. I may finish up this season, but don’t think I’ll be returning for next season. Although I watch The Good Wife, I’m not a huge fan like a lot of other people, but last night’s episode was very good, just like the week before. I hate the sports overruns on CBS. I wish they would put a Dateline type of show on in the 10pm slot, instead of airing a drama that gets pushed back almost every week.

9. Chablis says:

And CBS does again. Let’s schedule another country music awards show just when our Sunday shows are starting to pick up steam :-(

10. FatherOctavian says:

Looks like “Believe” finally bottomed out. I wish it had leveled off at a higher number, because I’m really enjoying it.

I hope the producers of “Crisis” have enough time to craft a “Hostages”-style one-and-done ending, because it’s toast after this season.

• Katherine215 says:

I’ve liked both so far and am sorry to see their ratings slide so badly. But, if that increases the chances of Revolution getting renewed even a little bit…

11. Jane says:

I’m never sure if PBS is included with this group or not but do you know how the wonderful yet under appreciated, even by TVLINE, “Call the Midwife” did? It is such a great show.

12. Alice says:

And next week… Game of Thrones!

• Elyse says:

I’m almost done with season 2 then i’ll binge watch season 4 and be all caught up for the new season! :) definitely one of my favorites.

13. James D says:

shame about Crisis i thought it was the best episode so far. nothing surprising for TWD.

14. MattArmando says:

Resurrection was much more steady than expected. I can see it rising back up to the 2.5-2.7, high 2’s are for the next 4 episodes. Still very positive for ABC, especially against the #1 Show on Television.

15. Marco says:

My brother is part of the behind the camera team and he told me that Lizzie and Mika are not actually dead and that they will come back at season 5 yeah !!