Ratings: HIMYM and The Blacklist Rise; DWTS, The Voice and Tomorrow People Fall

The End of the AisleHow high of a note will How I Met Your Mother go out on?

The penultimate episode of the CBS sitcom’s run this Monday drew 9.1 million total viewers and a 3.4 demo rating, rising 17 percent week-to-week.

RELATED | How I Met Your Mother Recap: Locket Up

Leading out of that, 2 Broke Girls (7.3 mil/2.3) ticked up a tenth, both Mike & Molly (7.8 mil/2.8) and Mom (7.4 mil/1.9) improved on last week’s series lows and Intelligence (5 mil/1.2) gained a tenth.

RELATED | Keep or Cut? Vote on the Fate of Almost Human, Beast and 23 Other ‘Bubble’ Shows

Elsewhere….

NBC | The Voice (12.6 mil/3.6) dipped 7 and 12 percent, but The Blacklist (11 mil/2.9) gained two tenths.

RELATED | The Voice Battle Rounds Recap: It Might Sound Crazy What I’m About to Say…

ABC | Dancing with the Stars (14.3 mil/2.2) was down 7 and 15 percent from its premiere, while Castle (9.8 mil/1.7) ticked down a tenth. (And sorry, no recap this week. But what, no wedding invite for Tory?!)

RELATED | Dancing With the Stars Week 2 Results: Did The Right Couple Go Home?

FOX | Bones (5.7 mil/1.4) and The Following (4.2 mil/1.4) were both flat.

THE CW | Star-Crossed was steady with 943K/0.3, but The Tomorrow People (800K/0.3) fell 30 and 25 percent (yet still remains slightly above Beauty and the Beast’s spring finale rating).

1. Boiler says:

wow Hart of Dixie did better on Monday than these 2 shows. Anything CW puts on Monday will likely struggle but maybe they need to rethink what appears to be a strategy toward SciFi stuff

2. wrstlgirl says:

Wow TTP. It was a great episode too. If I had a vote and had to choose between Star Crossed and TTP it would definitely be the later. SC is boring and predictable. Sadly but not really BATB is toast :-( s2 is/was a total bomb.

• luvmypup says:

I disagree about Star Crossed. I’m really enjoying it and the episode last night was very good. Next week’s looks great. Also, Star Crossed is doing about as well as HOD was on Monday night. HOD had a .3 and 1 million viewers this past Friday. I just think that Monday is a terrible night for CW shows because look at the incredible competition from the other networks on that night. The Voice, Dancing with the Stars, Bones, How I Met Your Mother – all of which are pretty popular in the 18-49 demo.

• Jana says:

Starcrossed is terrible. Storywise its predictable and the cast has no chemistry together. Rating wise its downright horrible especially for a show in its first season

• just saying says:

Im actually enjoying Star Carossed too. Its likely to be cancelled though. Too bad. I gave up on TTP after episode 5

• Elyse says:

Starcrossed is alright. Not one of my favorite shows but not the worst show ever. I gave up on TTP months ago because the relationship between Stephen and Cara just seemed forced. I don’t think they have any chemistry. I wanted to like it but I just didn’t!

3. J says:

Bones fans hold out to April, after HIMYM finale, Bones WILL regain their rating.

• LM says:

I totally agree with you. I watched HIMYM while Bones was off the air on Monday I even got hooked on 2 Broke Girls. I hope Fox treats Bones a little better because they are hanging in there, hope DVR ratings show that. Bones eps was wonderful, I loved the Bren and Max conversation about her childhood and the ending was beautiful.

4. Leah says:

Ugh, but such a terrible episode of Blacklist it was.

5. Beth says:

The Blacklist has been really great the past few weeks!

• Katherine215 says:

EvilTom is so much more interesting than boring GoodTom. Thank god she finally knows, too, I didn’t want to see that dragged out forever. Now the path has been cleared for Keene and Ressler to eventually get together (I hope).

• herman1959 says:

I agree that this was a good one, although I’ve only been watching since episode 9. The writing was phenomenal – I can’t believe Tom didn’t shoot Liz and that she never saw him (or did she?). It looks like Liz is planning to continue to live with Tom in order to find out who he is and what he’s up to, but I’d be terrified. With Liz’s flashback scene, it looks like we’re finally getting close to finding out what her connection is to Red. I’m looking forward to next week.

• Beth says:

Yes, I too, was worried they’d drag it on and on! I’d be happy to ship Keene and Ressler!!

6. J says:

Double check The Following rating? Seems high if flat from last wk.

7. Eric7740 says:

The Tomorrow People was great last night, I have to watch on Hulu the next day, because my DVR on mondays at 8 is totally booked!

8. Pat says:

I think that next week, we will see HIMYM go out with high viewership and I am looking forward to the end, with no theories attached. I DVR’d Bones last night and will also have to do this next week and I am sure a lot of viewers have done this, so I hope that will eventually reflect better numbers, but I know that the Advertiser’s want to know what the numbers are on live viewership.

9. robinepowell says:

TTP does badly in the ratings because of its move to Monday nights. Plus in Canada CTV moved it to its secondary channel CTV Two, which limits people from watching the show.

The ratings go down, just as the show gets interesting. I hope CW gives TTP a second chance and renews it, with a new day and time. It’s like the network doesn’t want this show to succeed.

• Liz says:

I just realized last night that they moved TTP – I’m glad I had my DVR already set up to record, but this definitely won’t help them with ratings :/

• Brandy says:

They gave TTP one of the best leadins to start with,then when it underperformed TTP was moved.That and the fact they didn’t move it to fri means they gave it a second chance already.

• Elyse says:

They definitely wanted it to succeed but it didn’t. Pairing it with Arrow? That’s a plush spot. It tanked. So they want to give the 100 a chance. I don’t blame them!

• Mark says:

Well on that logic Star Crossed was doomed before it aired. Which is a shame as it’s got more potential than some of the shows on CW at the moment.

• Jana says:

Canadian ratings do not factor in to US ratings and TTP was doing bad before the move. Its why it got moved to Mondays in the first place

10. John NYC says:

Somewhere along the way, and to my complete shock, Bones got stale for me. I’ll view my dvr’d copy eventually but it may not be anytime soon.

• Pat D. says:

I gave up on Bones after the “pregnancy reveal” episode where Hart Hanson basically smacked us all across the face after promising a satisfying Bones+Booth pairing “if we’d just be patient”.

11. Bobklause says:

TTP is awful and deserves to go. They’ve accomplished NOTHING this season, and this “shadow war” is soooo poorly written. They had ONE great moment- the mom reveal. And even then they fumbled with the followup.

12. Kida says:

Who is Tory?

• Demi says:

Tory is the computer geek (if I can call her that) on castle. Can’t wait for Himym series finale

• Mary says:

Tory is also Matt´s obsession:)

• Kida says:

Oh, how funny – then her being mentioned by Matt makes sense because other than Esposito, no one has paid her a lick of attention. I would expect LT to get an invite over her, lol. Maybe LT will bring her as his date ;p

13. Sarah says:

I really hope Bones starting going back up in 2 weeks.

14. Gerald says:

I’m on board with Tomorrow People and Star Crossed. But if I had to choose I would keep Tomorrow People. Monday are tough for the CW. HIMYM and Castle are the only other must sees on Monday night now that Teen Wolf is done.

15. April says:

Nice to see The Blacklist going up. Goodbye Tomorrow People.

16. sarah says:

Great numbers for Blacklist!
    There are slight hopes now that Intelligence will be renewed as it seems to be growing.

17. Ali says:

For once, I picked the right TV show to buy into. Every show I like seems to be cancelled or on the bubble. I DVR them all and then watch them once I know they won’t be cancelled. I’m loving “The Blacklist” and glad it’s doing well and already renewed for another season. I hope it stays that way. I also want to see more of Diego Klattenhoff and Parminder Nagra. Megan Boone seems to be be getting better and better and I love James Spader. So happy this show is doing well.

18. Bob Smith says:

I find it interesting that all the media critics are assuming that Intelligence (5 mil./1.2) is a goner, but that The Following (4.2 mil/1.4) is a sure thing. With these numbers, they’re either BOTH goners or BOTH a sure thing.