TVLine Items: Rizzoli & Isles to 'Honor' Late Actor, Mentalist Vet Visits Chicago, Dome News & More

Lee Thompson Young Dead at Age 29Rizzoli & Isles will waste no time honoring the late Lee Thompson Young when Season 5 debuts, star Angie Harmon confirmed via Twitter.

As previously reported by TVLine, the TNT series will address the actor’s passing during the upcoming season, which premieres Tuesday, June 17.  Harmon noted that the first two episodes will remember Thompson with “love, honor [and] respect.”

RELATED | TNT Sets Summer Premieres for Rizzoli & Isles, Major Crimes, Dallas Season 3B and Others

Thompson, 29, was found dead last August from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* The Mentalist‘s Amanda Righetti is pulling double duty with guest spots on both Chicago Fire and Chicago P.D. during an upcoming crossover in which she plays a pediatrician, E! Online reports.

RELATED | NBC Renews Chicago Fire, Chicago P.D., Grimm; Parks and Rec Formally Picked Up for Season 7

* Grammy-winning singer Dwight Yoakam will recur on Season 2 of CBS’ Under the Dome. Per EW.com, his character, Lyle Chumley, runs the Chester’s Mill barbershop and “has a complicated history with Big Jim — having once been romantically linked with his dead wife, Pauline. Lyle also has a mysterious connection to the dome and very well may know the answer to its origins.”

* The Walking Dead is coming to MyNetworkTV, which has acquired the off-network rights to the AMC series, our sister site Deadline reports. Two episodes from Seasons 1-3 will air one night a week, beginning this fall.

* Garret Dillahunt (Raising Hope) has joined the cast of Amazon’s drama pilot Hand of God, Deadline reports. The actor will star opposite Ron Perlman (Sons of Anarchy) as a young man looking for religion to cure his raging temper.

* MTV’s docu-series 16 and Pregnant will return on Tuesday, April 29 at 11/10c.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled? What’s on the Bubble?

* IFC has renewed Comedy Bang! Bang! for Season 4. Additionally, the network’s upfront slate includes the new series American Documentary, a docu-parody created by Fred Armisen (Portlandia), Bill Hader (Saturday Night Live) and late-night host Seth Meyers; and American Storage, a scripted half-hour comedy starring Rob Huebel (Childrens Hospital).

* TV Land has given a pilot order to the comedy Teachers, which is executive-produced by Alison Brie (Community), Deadline reports. The project, which is based on the online series of the same name, revolves around six elementary school teachers who are trying to mold the minds and lives of America’s youth but don’t have their own lives together at all.

1. Girl in MD says:

It’s been tough watching the back half of season 4 seeing Lee on screen but knowing he is dead the first two episodes of season 5 are going to be hard to watch

• rflairfan1 says:

I agree. If the end up going through with making Jane pregnant I will stop watching all together. I really really like this show, so hopefully it will just be a scare.

2. Tran 2.0 says:

Can’t wait for Amanda Righetti’s guest starring stints on Chicago Fire & PD. Could it possibly be the end for her other show The Mentalist? If CBS canceled it, Grace Van Pelt herself could end up as a “recurring cast member”.

• bluefairy says:

Even if The Mentalist doesn’t get canceled, Righetti and Yeoman (the guy who plays Rigsby) are already set to leave the show before the end of this season. Initial reports said they would leave around midseason, I’m surprised they are still on at this point.

Anyway, I’m glad about Righetti’s upcoming stint on the Chicago shows. It’s very nice to see known faces on newer shows.

• Isobel says:

yeah The Mentalist hasn’t been renewed so its over, I presume her character as a paediatrician would mainly be on Chicago PD

3. Matthew Weber says:

Hey, Under The Dome, here’s an idea, let’s follow the book for once. Wow.

4. Eric says:

A fourth season of CB!B! before the third has even begun airing? This news makes me way too happy.

5. Joey Padron says:

Happy Alison Brie first produced show got pickup by TVland.

6. Michelle says:

I’m glad Rizzoli & Isles are going to spend the 1st 2 eps of season 5 addressing Lee’s passing/Frost’s leaving or passing, whichever they decide to go with. It’s been tough as a viewer watching the back half of season 4 so I can only imagine what the cast went through filming that finale, to me Angie looked liked she was about to burst into tears throughout the whole episode.

• Lori says:

I thought the exact same thing while I was watching it. The whole cast seemed a lot more subdued.

• Ange says:

I did not get that sense although it was more than obvious he was missing. It really did not hit until that episode. I was hoping they would have him join his girlfriend after she accepted the job overseas but it seems that may not be the case.

I often see celebrities address different causes but no one seems to want to do so with suicide. It is definitely something I think deserves the forefront

7. Mary says:

Man, I haven’t watched R&I since the first season and even I was super affected by Lee’s death. It’s just so sad that he was so troubled. It’s really devastating. RIP Lee.

8. JOHNNYHALEY says:

WHEN THEY KILLED RED JOHN. THAT SHOULD HAVE BEND THE END . I DO NOT WATCH IT ANY MORE BECAUSE I DO NOT LIKE THE CHANGING IN THE SHOW

9. GS says:

I love R & I and can’t imagine it without Frost. He was such an integral part of the ensemble. I just don’t want him recast. It was a little weird watching those episodes knowing he was gone and I can’t help but wonder what he thought was so bad that he needed to take his own life. They can promote Frankie which is the only thing I would like. I hope they don’t bring in anyone new to the group. Dreading those first couple of episodes.

10. Karen Scott-_Leonard says:

I too am so sad about Lee, as my sister also took her own life. That is the worst part, never knowing what was so bad, that was the only solution. And, why didn’t we notice something… But she acted as she always did, no telling signs.

My thoughts and prayers are still for his family, and the cast, especially Angie. You are missed &loved Lee.

11. When twin flames occur collectively they join forces and are able of overcoming obstacles the normal mortal could not commence to facial
    area. This will enable to retain all free
    conclude places on the base side of the fabric so that
    they will not take just about anything away from
    the relaxation of the embroidery location. In lots of classes throughout the US, just one or two clay techniques are taught a year with complement movies to show the rest.

12. Teddie Parker says:

I am delighted to hear a tribute for Lee on Rizzoli and Isles 7th season will take place. I wondered if there would be something for him at all. Thank you for that info.