Teen Wolf's Latest Victim Speaks Out: Why I Asked To Leave the Show

Teen Wolf Allison DeathIt’s been 15 hours since Teen Wolf claimed its latest victim, and the Twitterverse is still trying to make sense of the seemingly senseless tragedy. Fortunately, that victim has now opened up and revealed the answer to everyone’s biggest question: Why?

RELATED | Teen Wolf Recap: Death Is Here

By now, all Teen Wolf fans know — or should know — that Crystal Reed‘s Allison Argent was last night’s much-hyped victim. And in a fairly surprising interview with EW.com, Reed says the decision to exit the show was completely her own.

“I felt like, creatively, there were things I wanted to do differently, and I wanted to explore other avenues of film and TV,” Reed tells the site. “I wanted to jump into different characters. You know, I’m 29. So I think the age difference was something I wanted to change as well because she’s 17. I love the show so much. So I went to [executive producer Jeff Davis] and talked about it and he said, ‘We’ll write you a great ending.'”

RELATED | Teen Wolf Adds Flowers in the Attic‘s Mason Dye

And here’s another shocker: Allison’s dying speech to Scott, in which she admitted to still loving him, was also Reed’s idea.

“I kept saying, ‘I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you,'” Reed recalls of filming her final scene. “And I remember one of the producers came over and said, ‘Please don’t say that because she loves Isaac.’ [But] I do feel like Allison still loves Scott. And I think in that moment, she said she loves him because that’s still there.”

You’ve got to hand it to Reed, she knows how to make an exit.

Teen Wolf fans, are you satisfied with Reed’s explanation? What are your next-day feelings about Allison’s tragic demise? Drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. Paul says:

Crystal is a good enough actress, but leaving a successful show, for the unknown, not smart especially when you’re relatively unknown.

• iMember says:

Which tells you what kind of person she is. Crystal Reed is fearless and she understands the role she plays and that there wasn’t much else for her character. It was time to move forward in her own career as well. I had no idea she was actually 29, so to play a 17 year old for so long, I can understand where she’s coming from.

• Gilded Lady says:

It’s hard to play a teenager forever, and a lot of actors get antsy when their part grows stale. Good for her on taking the risk to move on. Hope it pays off for her.

• Bryce says:

The whole thing is giving me HUGE Mischa Barton déjà vu! Violently killed at the end of S3, a beloved character, the main character’s first love, the character’s new love interest being present (though obviously Isaac >>>>> Volchek), the character dying in the main character’s arms, the actress leaving to pursue different things in a vast unknown. It’s all there (and actually the Allison x Scott and Stiles x Lydia dynamics are eerily similar to Ryan x Marissa and Seth x Summer now that I think about it). In any case, I hope Crystal Reed has a ton of success going forward. RIP Marissa, RIP Allison. Now let’s make Isaac and Kira series regulars!

• Will says:

Mischa Barton didn’t ask to be written out of The OC .. Josh Schwartz (the creator/E.P.) wanted to freshen up the series and killed Marissa off – she never asked to be written off. Rumor has it she was really upset about it.

• Sara says:

Ha! Like you have ANY idea about her life and or the entertainment business! Geez!!

2. l says:

Bummer.. she was the hottest girl on that show.

3. falva says:

She will be missed but she’s right, she can’t play a 17 years old girl forever. RIP Allison :(

4. Kaycee says:

I understand why she’s done it, she has potential and Alison has been a character that’s hit and miss for me so I’m happy she wants to explore more in her career. She is 29 and so she’ll want to continue her career with different projects while she still can.

5. Scott says:

Perfectly good reasons, and I think the show came up with a very good ending for the character. I doubt the interview will satisfy the conspiracy theorists though.

6. I really thought she would come back from the dead…. a lot of other characters have done it. But now, knowing that she asked to leave, I’m sad again….

• Robert Estwick says:

I honestly thought she would return from the dead,this show just lost a very important character,u know there’s always this girl that brings life to the show,she was that,now she’s gone,I’m out,RIP Teen Wolf

• Britney says:

You are soooo childish! She wanted to leave the show! It’s not like she got fired. Get over yourself Robert.

7. Ashley says:

She is almost 30, No one wants to get stuck having to play hormonal teenagers the rest of their career

8. Pix says:

Hmm, I guess it’s a sign of how much control the creative team has over the characters, when such decisions as “who she loves” are made by the actress. I have nothing against Crystal Reed and I loved Allison, but this is simply wrong, she should get a script and director’s instructions that make it clear to her what her character feels and why, instead she changes such an important part of her goodbye and nobody cares, because everyone knows that in the end the writers will just do whatever and won’t care about continuity.

• Emma says:

Most actors aren’t just playing a part, they try to understand their character and make their character a part of them, whether that’s becoming the character they’re given or putting themselves into the role doesn’t matter much. It sounds like Crystal was pretty persistent with what she felt Allison’s last words should be. I’ll admit, the love triangle was hugely underdeveloped when she died, but I kind of liked that it took her to the moment she was dying to admit that she still loved Scott. Besides, the interview makes it sound like the writers always intended her to die in Scott’s arms, so can you imagine the scene without that final “I still love you”? I mean, all the talk about first love and then what? See ya never bye? I think Crystal made the right choice. She even says, they told her not to say I love you to Scott because “she loves Isaac now”. At no point this season does it seem like Isaac and Allison are in love. They were just starting to catch feelings for each other. After she died though, I hated the whole storyline. It was such a waste, and so was Kira and Scott’s. They should have just gotten Allison and Scott back together. Now THAT might have made me mad that she died.

9. Glenn says:

Woah… I had no idea she was 29! She looks so young that I figured she was 21 or something

10. bend22 says:

She’s 29? Really?

11. Dominique says:

i liked reading that she made the call to tell scott she still loved him. i think it’s kinda rushed to have producers come up to her and tell she loves isaac. for me, they weren’t in that kind of place yet. and this was a nice goodbye to scallison, too. so, good call.

12. Mike R. says:

I’m glad it was her decision, I hope she finds success elsewhere, and thank god she convinced the writer elsewhere, Scott and Allison for all intents ad purposes would have been endgame, and her dying in Scotts arms saying she loved him was perhaps my favorite part of the scene( can you have a favorite part in a scene that left you heartbroken), and I have never been a fan of Allisaac, nor found it convincing on screen. Crystal Reed has always seemed to understand Allison more than some of the writers.

13. alistaircrane says:

I approve. Allison had become stale as a character. I was no longer invested in her or her relationship with Scott. Fortunately, Season 3B did a fairly good job of giving her a role outside of being Scott’s love interest. Her death should shake up the dynamic of the show hopefully in a good way, not like when The OC killed Marissa and ultimately killed the show. I guess the coast is clear to ship Scott and Kira!

• T J says:

Uh, no, definitely not. I am so bored with Kira and she just does not click with Scott. Even before this past episode I was hoping Kira’s storyline would end after this season. Scott needs to be alone for a season and maybe by line Crystal will want to be written back in. Either way, I am certainly hoping Kira is gone by next season.

• Ally says:

Kira needs to go. I think regarding not being invested in Scott and Allison’s relationship, that was the fault of poor writing. I can’t believe the producers were telling Crystal that Allison was supposed to love Issac. How clueless were they to the characters? I hope the show doesn’t try to just move Kira into Allison’s role or they just might turn out like the OC. So much of the first couple seasons revolved around Scott and Allison being soul mates so a lot of people are really mad now with how that has turned out.

• Lee says:

The producers are extremely clueless. This show doesn’t need a whole lot of shaking up imo but, producers decided at the beginning of 3 they wanted to kill of a main character just ….because….well…..to change the show up. These characters are the show! I don’t get it. I think Crystal saying she had creative differences with the producers foreshadows some of what they did to her which was write her into a corner. So, she left. And yep…she was his soul mate. Good post.

• jay J says:

IMHO, the only thing the coast is clear for is Kira to get hit by bus.

14. mark says:

crystal reed did justice to allison’s character even though i knew she was leaving never had I imagined that type of an exit.Hope we’ll be seeing her soon.Superb scene to make an exit with kudos jeff

15. michelle says:

Just because she wanted to leave half way through the season (I cant blame her, the writing they had for her this season in the beginning was horrible), doesn’t mean she had to be killed off. That’s why I’m upset. I dont blame her for wanting out. However, when this show is notorious for killing off the women and leaving the males (even if they are the big “bad”) that’s where I think people are validated with their anger. She didnt have to die. And I think Crystal clearly didnt want her to die. They could have shipped her off somewhere like Jackson or Cora. To kill her off was unnecessary. Her death was rushed. She deserved much better and THATS why people are sad. So my feelings are valid on Jeff Davis. He didnt have to do that to her. And its an injustice for Allison to go out like that.

• Meghan says:

This! so much

• Scott says:

What makes you think Crystal didn’t want the character to die? There’s nothing in the interview that suggests that. I also fail to see how the death was rushed. There was both a death scene and time to say goodbye. Or are you suggesting we should have had three episodes of her on life support?

I’m also puzzled by this “notorious for killing off the women” line that keeps getting spat out. I’ve done a count up of the recurring character deaths and it runs about 50:50 male/female. Or do we conveniently ignore deaths like Matt and the chemistry teacher? The show has had a large number of strong female characters in its time – far more than most other shows – and it should be congratulated for that.

• Lee says:

Matt and the chemistry teacher? You can’t even remember his name. I hardly think those are good examples for your argument “Oh they kill of plenty of men!” Who were those guys again? We’re talking about *main* female characters. I hardly see Doug the mailman or what’s his name he worked at the hospital as being mains.

• Brett says:

Crystal was the one who wanted to leave and she was a main female character so of course she would get killed off. It wouldn’t make sense to just randomly move her somewhere like Jackson he was only in one season and she was in three and the third season was about twice as long as the others. I’m sure if any of the other male characters wanted to leave the show, they would kill them off too. And does it really matter how many women get killed off opposed to how many men do???

• Sheba says:

The three episodes would’ve been a great idea.

• Emma says:

Of course he didn’t have to. But the show has clearly proven this season that its’ not as lighthearted and funny as it used to be. It’s way darker. I didn’t like that until Allison died. I respect the decision to kill her. Nothing really ever seemed like a real threat on this show. It was more humorous and playful. That’s why I hated the sudden turn to this scary, everyone’s going to die theme the show took in 3b. It didn’t seem real, like they were just mocking the horror genre with silly teenagers running around town. But when Allison died, I got that knot in my stomach and realized I was wrong. Her dying, to me, means that Teen Wolf wants to be a more serious, scary show rather than what it was before. So yeah, Allison could have flew off to some other country like Jackson did and lived happily ever after, but I think she deserved more than that. She’s been a lead since season 1, and she deserves to have a memorable last scene. Now that she’s dead, don’t you think the character is more important than if she just left? Now she’s going to be mourned and remembered and her death is going to affect the characters and show forever. To me that’s better than being sent off to London and never mentioned again.

• Deniqua Frye says:

I understand where you’re coming from – and I know this is like months later – because I felt the same until I really thought about it. Allison would have never run away from her friends at that point. That’s not who she is. Really think about that. Would you really want her to go off to France or somewhere after season 3? I mean, I’d love for her to come back to the show, but Allison wouldn’t have bailed on her friends because she’s not a coward. She’s brave. She died protecting her friends. She went out like a BOSS!
      I don’t know how heavily it affected you or anybody else at this point, but I still feel as if I lost a friend when I think about Allison, and I’m really happy that Jeff honored her in that respect of having her die a hero, a warrior, a friend, a lover, and a daughter.

• Amber says:

EXACTLY!!! WELL SAID DENIQUA!!! I absolutely hate that Allison died but she definitely gave us something to remember. The show is still great but it isn’t the same without her. Who knows, maybe later on, if Crystal wants to come back @ some point, they can think something up, maybe something with the connection her, Scott & Stiles have from the sacrifices, or, you never know, there’s always Lydia – THE BANSHEE – maybe once she learns to control it she will end up being able to do something that will bring Allison back (it’s a possibility). Anyways, it may never happen but if it does I’m sure the writers will make it great!!

16. Vale says:

I really am sad that she left. But her reasons are understandable even though i don’t think i’ll ever get over her death. She was my favorite character but this just shows how well risky crystal reed is, she is really talented so I don’t doubt she’ll book something quick. I just hope i’ ll see her again on any show or a film really really soon because i love this actress so much. R.I.P allison :(

17. Belle George says:

On wolf watch they said that Allison is gonna be in the upcoming season

• Scott says:

There’s been plenty of other deceased characters come back as guests … in nightmares, visions and flash-backs. If even half the rumors I’ve seen about season 4 are true they could well go that route for a few episodes. There are some unresolved Argent story-lines after all.

• Andrew says:

I so hope this is true but missed Wolf Watch. I wish the best for Crystal Reed but at the same time sincerely hope she comes back in some form, even if only for a few episodes here and there. If the show goes forward showing Scott being hurt by her death and getting darker for a long time, I will keep watching. If the show just moves quickly past this and Scott is making doe eyes at Kira or some other girl next season, I’m done.

18. Cindy says:

I was surprised Scott didn’t offer to bite her… even if she said no I thought he would have tried…

• Sarah says:

I didn’t even think of this, but now that you say it, I am surprised. Scott doesn’t seem like the type to just st there and do nothing while she dies. Maybe he knew that she would turn down his offer because of her family code, though, and didn’t want to offend her.

• Brandy says:

Right? but if Scott loved her he should have because then they could just write her back in the future if they wanted to leaving an opportunity open like they did with Kate. But they didn’t.. think about it, nobody actually cared that Kate died while alot of fans were heartbroken when Allison died.

19. Dee says:

Wow didn’t realize she was my age basically! I think Jeff did a great job writing the ending and the entire episode. I do wish her success

20. jacob says:

Please I Get That Your 29 Buhh We Loved You So Much Your The One That Mostly Makes The Show Interesting Besides Your Scotts First Love You Cant Just Leave Him Hanging If You See This Please Think About It.«3

21. Ella says:

I think the fact that she’s the oldest cast member probably had something to do with wanting to move on to different things more relatable to her age. Moreover, her break-up with Daniel Sharman probably made things hella awkward on set.

22. Looks like there might be a new guest star on The CW.

23. Ruh says:

Why u don’t like the character Kira
    She is kicked ass woman who can
    stand for herself! We women don’t need
    Men or boys fighting for us

I’m looking foward seeing her
    Character grow

I wish crystal reed good luck on her next
    Journey

I agree can’t play 17 forever
    Total😮 that she 29

24. angela says:

Didn’t her and isaac break up in real life? Maybe it was too hard for them to work together anymore.

25. Dou says:

Why kill her off why not just replace actor I no it would hard but it’s been done.. I really think the show is going to crash now the star of the show is gone

26. jake says:

You did good crystal. Hard to see you go but if its time for a better future then go for it. I was hoping to see scott (tyler) turn you to save you but the ending was good though. I actually liked the love story between you to and always hoped to see you two get back together. Hope for the best on your new career. Once again, good job on the series.

27. brett says:

I was really surprised. The ending speach was great. I do feel sad that she died but knowing it was her decision made it easier to accept. Also have to remember, no one is ever really dead in teen wolf.

28. Hugh Mcgee says:

“One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.” – From Another Show, But Just As Good Here.

29. Danielle says:

I understand where she’s coming from but I would love to see her make a come back I don’t think the show is going to be nearly as good without her all of the romantics might even stop watching we were all anticipating the moment Scott and Allison would rekindle their relationship and her dying takes a large amount of the really juicy romance out of the show. Kiera and Scott are kind of boing in my opinion and I think fans are broken hearted over Scott’s first and only love dying. I realllly hope she decides to come back

30. Sydney says:

I understand y she left but the show want be nearly as good without her. I hope she decides to come back. I like how they thought of a good ending for her. I hope she is REALLY SUCESSFULL!!!!!!! RIP ALLISON!!!!!!😭😭😭😭
    I will always miss her!!!!

31. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH Yes!!!!! Allison is dead!!!!! No offense to Crystal Reed though. She’s a great actress.

32. clinton says:

She could have just left like jackson

33. tristen says:

crystal reed is a fanfastic acrtress teen wilf isnt going to be the same without you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

34. tristen says:

please come back to teen wolf crystal reed

35. Kayla says:

Dude she can totally pass for 17 still though. I mean my sister is 32 & I bet she wishes she could pass for 17!! But I can see where she is coming from with the wanting to branch out & try her talent elsewhere.

36. Kay says:

It was just too soon for me. But I am sadden that death had to come for not one but two people in the last 2 episodes. Wish her well in new roles.

37. tristen says:

i hope crystal reed gets the role she wants for other tv shows/ movies wish her luck

38. Emily says:

Crystal Reed should absolutely be able to move on with her career if she wants to, but oh gawd why did they have to completely kill off Allison… I would personally rather have seen a new actor take up the role, even if they would look different and play the part a little different even, it would have been less horrible than seeing the Scott/Allison relationship smashed to pieces. Not to mention daddy Argent’s whole family is essentially dead, it leaves you feeling terrible for him. Yes, it’s a tv show, but it still means something to people who care about the show.

39. T. Wilson says:

I feel like the show may end up falling off. I hope doesnt though. Every season they keep losing good potential characters.

40. Lauren huggins says:

Yea but crystal made the dicision to leave right after they filmed the first part of the season meaning she was twenty eight maybe twenty seven but I respect her decision even though the show gives the actors plenty of time to do what they want and it was successful I hope she had something else lined up or it was pointless for her not to do one more season but I understand I thought she was in her mid twenties but all I can say is good luck :-)

41. Shaun says:

Maybe now I can start watching again. Was never a big fan of hers.

42. Jean says:

I am so annoyed that Allison is dead. It was horrible of the writers to kill her off, when the audience has invested themselves in the Scott/Allison relationship for three seasons, only to have bricks thrown at our faces. I’m not even curious enough to watch the upcoming season because one of the female leads is dead, the other is a blonde despite being a redhead, and the new girl is a complete bore.
    Ta-ta, Teen Wolf.

43. deborah says:

See was a important roll in teen wolf. so i think that all the other seasons (if there come more) would be very different without her. she needed to stay .. Like the comment of jean i also think that i want to see the upcoming season because she is gone

44. deborah says:

i dont want to see the upcoming season*

45. Rosey says:

I’m gonna miss you Crystal Reed ssoooo much! She was one of my favorite characters. And I agree with some people that the makers reel you in with the Scott and Allison relationship but then all in 3 min. throw bricks at your face with her death, but it’s Crystal’s life, I hope the show will still be great and get viewers after this. I do think Crystal made the good choices about her leave, but I hope that she comes back as a guest star or something because if they can bring Kate Argent back they can find a way to bring Allison back (only if Crystal agrees to it obviously). Though I have to say that the show won’t be the same now. I watched her death and literally cried for 10 straight minutes (yes I’m a huge cry baby I know). But when Crystal stars in a new film or TV show I’m going straight to the screen. She’s AMAZING and I hope to see more from her in the future. -Good luck Crystal!!

46. Nello says:

Wowooah man ddnt see tht cmng ey…..anywey all the bst crystal to being “adult actress”really gona mss Allison thou….it kills my vibe on nxt episode going to suck…..

47. adexyz says:

good bye wish u good luck.am gonna miss u

48. tunsky says:

Gonna miss her so much in the play but she’s right about her decision..

49. Abdelrehman omer says:

Am realy like u but am confued by ur relation with isaac turn to scott.

50. kelvin says:

Wow!!!!!!!!.!!!!……we’ll for me I didn’t like the fact dat crystal reed left it’s so sad I tot she nd scott we’re ment 2. Come bck I rili didn’t lyk d ending although its one of ma best movies goodluck nd tnks for d gr8 impact u put in d movie