Pretty Little Liars @ PaleyFest: A 'Shocking Ezria Twist,' Caleb's Season 5 Return Date and More

Pretty Little Liars PaleyFestJust 48 hours before Pretty Little Liars airs its mind-blowing, gun-toting season finale, the cast assembled at PaleyFest 2014 on Sunday afternoon to reflect on the series’ past 95 episodes — and, of course, to drop a few major spoilers about Season 5.

RELATED | Pretty Little Liars EP on the ‘Badass’ Season Finale, Caleb’s Return and More

PLL 2.0 | “The dynamic is going to change drastically,” Sasha Pieterse said of Alison joining the other girls in Season 5. “Welcoming her back is not going to be as easy as it should be.” Executive producer Marlene King echoed that, explaining that “Season 5 is shaping up to be, emotionally, the most complex season so far. There are five Pretty Little Liars now.”

‘SHOCKING EZRIA TWIST’ | Though King remained tight-lipped about Ezra’s potential “redemption” in Season 5, she did admit there will be a “shocking Ezria twist” in the finale.

PHOTOS | Pretty Little Liars Season Finale Sneak Peek: Ian, Noel and More Return — 24 New Pics

CALEB’S RETURN DATE | “He’s going to come back in our 100th episode,” Marlene revealed of Tyler Blackburn’s return from Ravenswood. And don’t expect any complaints from Tyler’s on-screen ex. “I’m super happy,” Ashley Benson said. “He’s the best.”

PLL: THE MUSICAL | The possibility of a musical episode of Pretty Little Liars was once again raised during the panel, and this time, most of the stars — especially Lucy Hale — seemed game for it. “The reality is … producing them takes longer,” executive producer Oliver Goldstick explained of musical episodes. “But it’s not impossible.”

PLL: THE MOVIE | “We talk about it all the time,” King said of the series making the leap to the big screen. “We’d love to make a movie when the show [ends.]“

Pretty Little Liars fans, are you excited to see Alison become the fifth Liar? What do you think/hope the “shocking Ezria” twist will be? Drop a comment with your best/craziest theories below.

1. Elyse says:

please… no musical episode.

• Andy Swift says:

99% of the time, I think musical episodes are terrible ideas, but I think a show like PLL could get away with it. Just like the noir episode, though I know a lot of people didn’t like that, either.

• Stacie says:

The best musical episode of a TV show all time, in my opinion, was Scrubs. They just nailed it, because it made sense in their story. I’ve seen others do it, and it either didn’t make sense or it was done just for the sake of doing. Just like the noir in this season of PLL. It did nothing to advance the storyline, and in fact went backwards, like in Emily’s case. It’s really a waste of an entire episode. I think PLL has been running on fumes for awhile, and I hope the inclusion of Alison into the mix will liven things up a bit.

2. jenna says:

Please no movie. I would normally be cool with that, but with this show all that means is the series finale *still* won’t tie anything up. I mean no one can possibly believe these writers have any idea what the end game is. At this point it’s fairly obvious their milking it for ratings.

3. jenna says:

Ps. Anyone who Google’s it can find out what happens in the finale next week bc someone leaked the script. It won’t be satisfying in the least. This statement obviously does not include the 14 yr old girls who daydream of dating a teacher.

• nate says:

that doesn’t mean anything they could’ve easily changed that

• jenna says:

I highly doubt it. It got leaked about 5/6 weeks ago and every plot point that got leaked has been completely on point. I really doubt the last episode will be any different.

4. Matt says:

They told us Mona would be a 5th PLL too once.

5. Undeniably believe that which you stated. Your favorite reason seemed to be on the web the
    easiest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I definitely get irked while
    people think about worries that they just do not know about.
    You managed to hit the nail upon the top and
    defined out the whole thing without having side-effects
    , people could take a signal. Will probably be back to
    get more. Thanks

6. dude says:

I don’t think even PLL in its prime could have gotten a movie studio to greenlight a big screen adaptation. This isn’t Sex and the City.

7. smilez says:

a musical?…really?! please no.. a movie? maybe.. but no musical.. that’s where we draw the line.

8. abz says:

Aside from Glee, the only musical episode on a show that I can recall actually really enjoying despite the actors not having the greatest singing voices is Buffy’s “Once More With Feeling”. The Grey’s musical wasn’t that great aside from Sara Ramirez’s performance. In the end, it’s best that most shows stay away from them IMO, especially if they have cast members that can’t really sing.

• I don’t think that the Grey’s musical episode was bad because of average-weak voices(with the exception of Sara’s voice). The musical episode was bad because the episode sucked. Although I think that all of the actors on Buffy have pleasant singing voices(with the exception of Alyson and the girl who played Dawn), the episode was a smash because it was brilliantly written and scored.

9. Buffy and Xena are the only shows that managed to pull off great musical episodes. The Grey’s Anatomy one was just weird. I just don’t think it would work for Pretty Little Liars.

10. Sam says:

What if the shocking Ezria twist is that Aria is pregnant?

11. Mitchell says:

The Ezria twist better not be that Aria is pregnant, that will just suck big time. I hate the whole teacher/student thing is just wrong and creepy. I really hope they dont make Aria pregnant.

• Amy says:

We did see her throw up in one of the episodes not so long ago so definetly possible, although that could have been just from the stress of the situation. Lets hope its the latter cause it would indeed suck if she was pregnant

• Karen says:

It’s not that she’s pregnant. As mentioned before, the finale script, and others, have been leaked, and are readily available; the spoilers from them have played out as spoiled, so I have no reason not to believe what we see tomorrow is as the script read. So, despite the ick factor of an inappropriate (to put it mildly) teacher/student relationship, despite the fact that’s he’s been totally creepy and spying on Aria and her friends, despite the fact he took Spencer’s file out of the office and handed it to Aria to try to save his own butt, PLL (namely Marlene King) is so in love with the couple that they’re insisting on pushing them back together. I don’t want to put any spoilers here, but that’s where they’re heading with what happens in the finale.

12. RB says:

Are you kidding me? Things are already so complex as they are.
    I can’t even keep track of what’s happening now!!!!

13. Amy says:

Will all the tv shows please please please stop making musical episodes (and noir)! It really makes no sense and its just stupid. Ugh, I really really hate those episodes. They do nothing for the story.

14. meatwad says:

Lucy Hale(the one PLL who can sing) wanting to do a musical is not surprising nor an indication that the fans want it. Noir episodes are so common place that they hold no special meaning anymore

15. sydney says:

The ezria twist ends up to be that aria is pregnant actually and that the whole thing was a lie. About the story book that he wrote about allison and all the girls A made him say all those thing or they said they’d kill aria so A gave ezra that book and told him that he had to do it.

16. Vena S. says:

So if a movie is going to be made does that mean we will never find out who A is until the movie? I can’t keep doing this at the end of every season… I felt played into thinking A would be revealed tonight =P

• Kay says:

Here’s my prediciton on if the make a movie. The season 5 finale will finally reveal A and then A will get sent to prison and so the girls will think they’re safe. And then in the movie, it will show the girls 1 year later or however long and it’ll show how their lives have changed since all that. And then another A will start stalking them again and at the very end, they find out who this new A is, but we won’t. :P

17. Andy says:

Ezra gets shot

18. Stephanie says:

BUT WHO IS A?? Jason? or the hot Detective? because when the guy jumped over the building and walked off through the door he looked big with broad shoulders. Ezra knew who he was but he’s dead now pmo he could have at least told Aria. Mrs D knows who A is but she is dead too -_-

• Stephanie says:

oh and i’m from New Zealand, hello everyone :)

• Eveline says:

Marlene King confirmed that A was already in the pilot.. So probably not Holbrook.

• -A (hehe) says:

I’m almost 100% postive it’s either Jason, Toby, or somehow the scrawny Lucas, but we saw that ‘A’ was built, and if I remember correctly Jason AND Toby do not look bad at all with out their shirt. I mean how many people do you know can scale buildings like that? I’m not exactly the fattest or skinniest person in the world, so I’m pretty sure I couldn’t do it. Ugh I just know it’s most likely going to be the last person we expect. Maybe it’s Holbrook?!

19. ngarrett says:

Jessica is protecting the killer. It had to be one of bet kids. So I think Jason hit her. And then Melissa hit the other girl and killed her thinking it was Allison. Jessica blackmailed Mr Hastings into helping Jason by telling him she saw Spencer do it. Unless they do a plot twist and bring Alison ‘ twin to the series. That might be the girl in the grave. And maybe she really did hit Ali. Still don’t know who that guy on the roof is though unless it’s Noel.

20. Helena says:

It would be great if they would publish the book that ezra ‘wrote’

21. TC says:

A is Emily’s gf! she’s broad and if you noticed when A jumped off the building A screamed like a girl.

22. I thought he was, it was just a different actor playing him.

23. Samantha says:

Ezra can;t die it wouldn’t be the same without him in Season 5!!!!

24. brittany says:

i think ezra will have a twin

25. mak sid says:

I think pll has gone too far frm prediction n it gvs me headaches if I try to thnk wats nxt.. or abt who a relally is.. i thinks movie or musical if the show requires it n if the situation n script r perfect.. we r there to watch ot ofcouse… afterall we all wanna knw whi A is..lol..
    N thn its worth a try.. I guess.
    Waiting fr season 5??? Happg watching guys..

26. Jason saw Cece the night Ali went missing, CeCe has a twin and her twin is the girl in Alison’s grave. Wren is either A or boardshorts. In season 1 he wore boardshorts and we know he had a thing for younger girls; Hanna and Spencer. Their are so many clues that say that Wren is either A or boardshorts.

27. finella says:

a kills ezra thats in season four

28. finella says:

ok the only way u find out who “A” is ,is the person u least expected it to be think really close who did u see that was background in almost all the episodes or was just in one or two episodes put all the clues together and remember mrs.D and ezra knew who A is

29. Cassie says:

Please…..No musical lol

30. BrilliamPurple22 says:

I believe the shockingi “Ezria” twist will be that Aria becomes pregnant with Ezra’s baby or Ezra will propose to Aria in Season 5.

31. Alisa says:

What I think the “Shocking Ezria” twist is that Aria becomes pregnant with Ezra’s baby or Ezra ends up proposing to Aria in season 5.

32. Charne says:

I’m pretty sure that Aria is going to expect Ezra’s child, because she have the flash backs of him, and then she reads note in the book that he gave her, she’s throws the book and a short while there after she runs to the bin in her room to vomit, later in the episode she tells hanna she wasn’t the one sleeping with Ezra

33. Jordan says:

I think aria is going to be pregnant or Ezra will propose

34. Steven, Switzerland says:

I just hope Ezra and Aria come together and will be happy for ever!!!! That is such a sweet cuple – I want to see them together because it has to be like that!!!! I’m watching here in Switzerland so many american TV-Soaps, but I have to admit that Pretty Little Liars with the whole Story and the script of the TV-Soap the best thing I have ever seen in my life! It is surprising me ALL the time. I love the US and there are 1000 things which I recognise and which is part of the culture of the US – it feel to come back to the most wonderful country on this planet! I hope to see another 100 episodes of PLL and I would not be sad, if there would be a movie where you can see Mr. Fitz and Aria with a wonderful Happy End!!!

35. Autumn says:

Make the movie. All your fans including me will be happy you do want to make your fans HAPPY right

36. G says:

I LOVED the noir episode, but im not sure about how a musical episode would work…??

37. alexis Galvez says:

I hope ezra asks aria to marry him that would be so amazing

38. alexis Galvez says:

Ezra asks aria to marry him?