Maggie Grace is about to get lost in…stocks.
The actress has been tapped as the female lead in CBS’ untitled Wall Street drama pilot, executive-produced by John Cusack, our sister site Deadline reports.
The Californication and Lost alumna will star opposite Charlie Cox (Boardwalk Empire) as Jaime, the newly hired in-house legal counsel at a hedge fund. She is described as smart, ambitious, savvy and having a conscience.
The project comes from EPs Cusack, Taylor Elmore (Justified), Ben Cavell (Justified), Kevin McCabe, Sarah Timberman and Carl Beverly (Justified).
Read for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…
• After competing in the drama category at the Golden Globe Awards, Netflix will submit its prison dramedy Orange Is the New Black for consideration as a comedy for this year’s Emmy Awards, per The Hollywood Reporter.
• Kyle Howard (My Boys) and Kat Foster (‘Til Death) will headline Ground Floor co-creator Greg Malins’ TBS comedy pilot Your Family or Mine, per The Hollywood Reporter. The pair will play a young married couple who are living proof of the adage, “When you marry someone, you don’t just marry them, you marry their whole family.”
• Wally Kurth’s Ned Ashton is headed back to General Hospital, the actor announced on Twitter.
well, I had nice day in Port Charles yesterday. Yes, Ned will be arriving in town soon. Stay tuned. Thanks for waiting!—
Wally Kurth (@wallykurth) March 12, 2014
• In additional soaps news, Joanna Johnson — who’s currently writing/exec-producing ABC Family’s The Fosters — will reprise her role as The Bold and the Beautiful‘s Karen Spencer in the April 16 and 17 episodes, reports Soap Opera Digest. Meanwhile, the mag has obtained an exclusive statement from The Young and the Restless‘ Elizabeth Hendrickson, confirming her exit as Chloe, whom she started playing in 2008.
• The music for the remainder of Grey’s Anatomy Season 10 will be compromised exclusively of covers of ’80s tunes, handpicked by creator Shonda Rhimes, per The Hollywood Reporter.
• Wanna feel classy? Watch the video below in which CBS stars from Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory) to Michael Weatherly (NCIS) get their GQ on in a promo for the network’s Watch! magazine. Fun fact: The music you hear is an original composition by violin virtuoso Charlie Siem.Follow @VladaGelman