Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Bones, Grey's, Good Wife, Suits, PLL, Reign, New Girl and More

Bones Season 10 SpoilersGot a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: Do you have anything on what’s coming up on Bones? —Amelia
Ausiello: There’s a new twist in the Ghost Killer arc. Even though, as I told you last week, “a complex and conspiratorial” new layer will deepen the mystery in the season finale, the ethereal bandit will actually be caught three episodes prior! “The Ghost Killer is now slated be resolved in Episode 9.20,” reveals exec producer Stephen Nathan, before quickly clarifying, “One aspect of it is going to be resolved. We will, on one hand, tie up the murdering part, but leave open a far more complicated and nefarious story that will embroil everybody.”

RELATED | Bones Boss Promises ‘Very Surprising’ Season Finale

Question: Will we get to know Angela’s real name this season on Bones? —@ohhelloarianna
Ausiello: No, but an answer is coming. “I think we’re going to get to that next season,” shares Mr. Nathan.

Question: Is Parker going to be at Christine’s birthday party on Bones? —Gina
Ausiello: No, but… actually, this one’s just no. Explains Nathan: “Parker’s in England.” Speaking of the little one’s anniversary, the EP calls it “a lighter episodes” that finds Booth and Brennan “investigating a murder that tangentially takes place at a children’s show called The Vegetabills. So there will be dancing and singing vegetables, some of whom are suspects.” Wait — there’s more! “And in the midst of that, Booth is trying to work on Christine’s birthday with Brennan, and we find out that Brennan has never had a b’day party herself when she was a kid. Max (returning guest star Ryan O’Neal) never threw her a party. So we see Max and Brennan working stuff out and bringing it to the party.” Wait — there’s still more! “Also in that episode, David [Boreanaz] fulfills a lifelong dream of having something to do with a one-man band.”

Question: Once Upon a Time‘s Hook tried a True Love’s Kiss on Emma. Will that be brought up again? –Sarah
Ausiello: “Maybe,” Colin O’Donoghue tells Matt Mitovich in response to your query. The pirate’s portrayer also points out, “Hook has very much put his feelings on the table there for Emma, to sort of take and do with however she wants. So who knows? But I’m sure he probably would really like to have another kiss!”

Question: Got anything on HBO’s The Leftovers? –Anne
Ausiello: Private Practice alum Amy Brenneman recently gave us some intel on her character, Laurie, a mother who doesn’t speak (!). “I am Liv Tyler’s mentor in this cultish – I don’t even know if you can call it a ‘cult’ – order,” she says, “and I am estranged from Justin Theroux, who is my husband.” Laurie survived the Rapture but is estranged from Justin Theroux? That sounds like a baaad place to be. “But he wants me back!” she says, laughing.

Question: Really enjoying this season of The Americans. Any scoop? —Jen
Ausiello: Curiosity may get Paige killed, but her parents won’t be the ones pulling the trigger. Although exec producers Joe Weisberg and Joel Fields concede that Phillip and Elizabeth’s nosy daughter poses “a real threat” to her parents’ security, the pair insist mom and dad will never be driven to whack their own child. “As hard as it is for Phillip to put a bullet in the head of an unknown busboy, it would probably be inconceivable for him to do it to his own daughter,” Fields tells TVLine. Actually, it’s not just inconceivable, it’s completely “off the table,” chimes in Weisberg. BONUS SCOOP: Look for Paige to develop an interest in organized religion — something that sends Elizabeth into a tailspin. “It’s [comparable] to her, like, smoking crack on the street corner,” previews Keri Russell. “And it continues up until the finale. It’s the worst possible rebellion.”

Question: This Sunday’s Good Wife looks fantastic. Will there be a lot of Alicia/Will flashbacks? —Tony
Ausiello: Oh, yes. “You get to see some Will-Alicia scenes that you’ve never seen before,” confirms co-EP Michelle King of the episode, which finds Alicia recalling her days pounding the pavement post-scandal. Adds fellow EP Robert King: “Alicia has to give a speech about being an opt-out mom, and in giving this speech at the American Bar Association, she has to review her time being hired. Which brings her back to Will and Alicia at the very beginning of their relationship. It actually predates the pilot by months.” And you know what that means — vintage Alicia hairdos! “There are three styles,” Robert says with a laugh. “It’s so funny because you have Alicia in the present day, where she’s turned into kind of a ballsy woman, and then Julianna [Margulies] just flips a switch and just plays herself five years ago as this slightly innocent suburban mom — and you completely believe it.” BONUS SCOOP: By the end of the hour, King hints that the warring exes “reach some understanding of their new relationship.”

VIDEO | The Most Shocking Good Wife Moment Ever Is Coming — What Do You Think It Is?

Question: A Grey’s Anatomy promo for this week’s episode shows Arizona falling pretty hard in the hospital — is that the scene Jessica Capshaw needed a stunt double for? —Mary
Ausiello: Yes, ma’am. “She breaks her fake leg,” confirms Capshaw (watch the incident play out below). “And it sucks because at this point she has a pretty fancy prosthesis, so she has to revert back to the one she had before and carry on with her day because she’s got a ton of surgeries. And then there’s something very crazy that happens at the end regarding her legs but I can’t really share that! It goes back to where she first started and something that she used to do.” Hmm… guesses?!

Loading video...

Question: Is that a yellow lightning bolt on The Flash’s leg? Maybe they wanted to break up the all-red costume but decided not to give him yellow boots like in the comics? –Gail
Ausiello: Actually, no — we did some digging around, and the bolt is red/maroon with gold stitching along the edge. There’s also some gold trim on The Flash’s boots. #FashionExclusive

Question: Do you know anything else about the new character McQuaid on Covert Affairs yet? Like who has been cast to play him? Or are there any other Season 5 spoilers you can share? –Rachael
Ausiello: Annie’s new romantic interest has not quite been cast — and in fact, Covert is also now looking to fill the role of the private military contractor’s No. 1, Caitlyn, a confident woman in her late 30s/early 40s who just may have designs of one sort (or another) on Arthur.

Question: Are there any signs of trouble ahead for Nick and Jess on New Girl? —Lu
Ausiello: Well, I can confirm that they wake up in bed with four other people in the March 25 episode, although that may have something to do with the new version of True American that they partook in the night before. Scroll down for an exclusive first look at the morning after! (Fun fact, this is the same episode that features a guest turn by a certain True Detective beauty.)

New Girl True American

Question: Anything on Suits? —Jeremy
Ausiello: This Thursday’s episode is a big one for Gina Torres’ Jessica, who is “forced to re-engage with the woman who her husband left her for,” previews exec producer Aaron Korsh. While their interaction starts off “in a combative way,” the two women “end up coming to an understanding.” Meanwhile, “Jessica is put in a position to either have to perjure herself or not perjure herself, and that decision is juxtaposed with the conclusion of the Mike/Louis journey, dealing with Mike’s secret. They overlap with each other in an interesting way.”

Question: Do you have any spoilers on PLL? —Allyson
Ausiello: How about some scoop on your namesake, Allyson? Not only will Ali play a major part in next Tuesday’s season finale, but you can expect to see a lot more of her going forward. Though she’ll remain her usual secretive self — and we wouldn’t have her any other way — she’ll have less need to lurk in the shadows.

Question: I’m in need of Reign spoilers… mostly Frary! I was so happy that she picked Francis, but now what is going to happen? Will they be happy at least for a while? —Bets
Ausiello: I’ve got some good news for you, Bets: Frary will remain in tact for the foreseeable future, as Bash is going to find himself preoccupied with other — far darker — problems. But that doesn’t mean Francis’ fling with Lola won’t come back to bite him. As you’ll see in Thursday’s episode, Lola is still very much hung up on Mary’s new husband. The question is: Will she act on her feelings?

RELATED | The CW Renews Supernatural, Reign and 3 Others

Question: Please give me something on Mistresses! —Marie
Ausiello: You’d think the fact that Karen ended Season 1 in a struggle for a handgun with her now deceased lover’s wife as well as his son (whom she’d also bedded) would have the therapist pressing pause on the crazy button for a minute, right? Umm…not so fast. In Episode 5 of the ABC sudser’s second season, Yunjin Kim’s hot mess of an alter ego will encounter a recurring character named Ben, a sexy businessman in his 30s or early 40s, and by “encounter,” I mean engage in a little “ho-tel, mo-tel, Holiday Inn” action. (Say what?) Trouble is, by the time Karen realizes that Ben is as sweet as he is fetching — and that they might actually have potential as a couple — she’s complicated matters by giving him a false name and a false identity. In the same episode, we’ll meet a twentysomething hotel bartender who helps Karen loosen up her crazycakes synapses with a vodka martini, and a handsome banker who’s under the impression that Karen is a Pilates instructor named Valerie — and that she might enjoy a spare key to his hotel room. Oh, Karen, never change!

Question: I’m a big Arrow fan and was wondering if you could find something out for me. Doesn’t Slade Wilson have a son named Joe? Will we get to find out what happened to him? —Heather
Ausiello: Though Joe has only been alluded to on occasion on the CW series, Manu Bennett mentions that relationship when discussing why Slade took Shado’s death so hard. “You have to remember, Slade Wilson has also got an ex-partnership and a son out in the world there somewhere. And the son’s potentially got siblings in some scenario that hasn’t yet evolved into the storyline,” he says. “People have to think about more than the layers of what is being shown in each episode. They have to find clues in the DC Comics history, to maybe even piece together more of what Slade is festering upon.”

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments, and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com (Additional reporting by Vlada Gelman, Kim Roots, Michael Slezak and Andy Swift)

1. Alice says:

Are they giving Arizona some sort of modified wheely sneaks? That seems…dangerous. So, perfect for that hospital.

• Barbie says:

That was my first guess! <3

• Tony says:

Arizona was also a runner. Ever since the accident I have been waiting for her to do something like the Para-Olympics or working with the Wonded Warrior Project. Really with her millitary family that’s an arch they dropped the ball on.

• Lola says:

Yes! This makes me think of how amazing it was when Wounded Warriors went up and spoke with the victims of the Boston Marathon bombing. It would have been brilliant if they could have depicted something like that as part of Arizona’s story.

2. ggny says:

Who cares about Slade son i want his Daughter on Arrow! Would be bad ass to see Rose on the show

3. Mark says:

Slade has two sons: Grant and Joe. He also has a daughter named Rose.

4. Joni says:

Thank you for your “Suits” tease. Very happy to see the word “conclusion” (well, at least for now) regarding Louis’ investigation of Mike’s not so secret secret.
    In the know:
    Harvey
    Donna
    Trevor
    Jenny
    Jessica
    Rachel
    I think I’m missing one or two.

5. Ls1 says:

Rooting for Hook. And Hook/Emma. Loved them last episode and how they are.
    We know True love kiss doesnt work on memory loss – Snowing and Rumbelle proof of that. But like Colin says Hook has laid out his feelings for her in words and in action, and he will let Emma do what she wants etc ans just being there and supporting her.

6. Helen says:

I’m so excited for the BONES season finale, and the episode with Christine’s birthday party!!

7. Sid says:

Looking forward to the Covert Affairs back. I thought MIstresses was ok.
    I am glad the true love kiss will be brought , and i expect it to esp over the course of the episode, and how, when and where Hook made his journey and what he went through to get to Emma. And we know Hook’s feelings are laid bare, even Emma does… its up to her. I cant wait to see what happens with these two. And other things in this show over this season.

8. Letty says:

Boo, it’s about time the writers remember that Booth is the father to TWO children, not just one.

9. Aries says:

Bones has gotten so bad, surprised anyone still watches.

• Susan Krisha says:

@Aries,
      You must be watching. How else would you “know” that “Bones has gotten so bad”. Doubt the 7+ million viewers each week all watch just to see how bad it is.

• MP says:

I only watch out of habit. I haven’t loved it since Zack left and the past season for two I’ve started disliking the Bones character. I have a hard time cutting the cord with shows I watch, so I’ll probably still keep watching and fast forwarding through parts I’m not interested in. My mom loves Bones enough for the both of us.

• Jeri says:

Bones is still Awesome. Go somewhere else if you no longer like it, you’re not chained to the tv are you.

• MARIANA VIDAL says:

Amen Jeri! That is telling it like it is and I could not agree with you more. Bones is one of my favorite shows too. Second only to Once Upon A Time. I love, love, love Bones and I hope it goes on for a long time to come.

One of the many wonderful things about living in this country is the fact that we all have the freedom to make our choices be it life changing choices or something as simple as watching or not watching a television show.

I hope you have a wonderful and productive day, Mariana

10. Omar B. says:

Regarding Bones, Since the Ghost Killer is caught in 9.20, three episodes before the finale. Is that mean that season 9 will have 23 episodes?

• Betty says:

Looks like it, these are the rumored remaining episodes:

S09x23 – The Drama in the Queen
      S09x22 – The Nail in the Coffin
      S09E21 – The Cold in the Case
      S09E20 – The High in the Low
      S09E19 – The Turn in the Urn
      S09E18- The Carrot in the Kudzu
      S09E17 – The Repo Man in the Septic Tank

11. Michelle says:

That New Girl picture is awesome. Can’t wait for what looks to be an epic game of True American!!

12. Suha says:

I already can’t stand the McQuaid character on Covert Affairs…

13. Fey says:

OMG another Hook and Emma Kiss!! I NEED THAT ASAP!!!!!

14. estee says:

Am I the only one that thinks it’s weird that Bones had a special Christmas episode for the birth of Christine but her birthday party is being held in a totally different time of the year?

• Lisa says:

They did not have a Christmas special episode for Christine’s birth-they only referenced the birth of Jesus because of her being born in a stable because there was no room at the inn. Christine was born in the spring.

• geraghtyvl says:

Not that viewers can really follow a specific timeline on a show, but Christine was born in the episode ‘The Prisoner in the Pipe’, which aired April 2, 2012. Sadly, there have been no Christmas episodes on Bones since Season 5 ‘The Goop on The Girl’.

15. Heather says:

Thank you so much for the OUAT Hook & Emma q & a!! I love them so much and I can’t wait to see how things develop further with them!
    Also thank you for the Arrow scoop!

16. Allie says:

Yes more CaptainSwan kissing please!!! They are True Love! <3

• JoRo says:

They have to be. I mean a failed true love kiss parralleling the other true love couples. Henry and Hook being paralleled clear as day, and both guys knowing and believing Emma. Hook chooses her, and comes back to her each time, and would risk his life, and he found her. These are the signs of true love elements.

17. Lea says:

So excited to find out about Slade’s family!! I really want them to bring in Joe and Grant!!

18. Claire says:

o.O I beginning to wonder more and more if I am watching a weekly TV show called Arrow, or reading a Graeme Base book. Does this one come with a decoder by chance?

• Boston2AZ says:

And that’s what’s kind of turning me off to the show. If I wanted to read the comic, I would. Elementary doesn’t follow the books, why does every show based on a comic book have to?

• A says:

They’ve already changed a bunch of stuff from the comics. I’m not sure how we’re supposed to know which parts of the comics they’re keeping?

• Claire says:

At this rate, I’m sure they will inform us after the fact that our interpretation of what we saw and heard on-screen was in fact just plain incorrect OR it was wrong because X may have happened on-screen but we were wrong in our thoughts because that’s not what they were thinking and that Z will explain it all when it is shown. Confused yet? Yeah, so am I. LOL Did I say I missed the first part of the season? I really want this show to succeed, I do. Seriously though, if a show requires crib notes for the audience there has to be a probbbllleeeemmmm.

Also, I don’t lay any of the blame on the actors when doing the interviews, they’re doing a great job and I don’t shoot the messengers :)

• A says:

Most viewers aren’t going to go research the Green Arrow comic to find answers, they’ll just stop watching (which seems to be happening already). I feel like I’m watching a different show from the first half of the season. I hope they can get back to to how it was in the second half of season one/first half of season two.

• grace says:

Yeah, I’m not really interested in having to do any research to enjoy a show. I was shocked–and not in a good way–when Oliver and Sara hooked up, and then I read an interview by SA that says Oliver wasn’t jealous of Barry and that Oliver and Sara have some rich backstory. That leads me to the conclusion that the writers of this show aren’t very good if THAT’S what I was supposed to take away from the show I was watching. And now I’m supposed to look up DC Comic History. No thanks.

Three weeks ago, I would have voted for Stephen Amell over Norman Reedus in that Zap2it poll. Now, Norman Reedus all the way baby!

• A says:

I don’t blame SA, I think he’s just going with the way the scripts are being written. He doesn’t write the show, but he still has to defend his character’s actions. SA does a good job at acting/interacting with his fans, which is his job.

• GildedRose says:

I was just thinking something similar, Claire. I love Manu Bennett and the other Arrow actors, but the Arrow writers have all been saying the same thing about Arrow: the show is its own stand alone thing. As such, No viewer should “have to” know squat about the comic books in order to follow the story playing out on my TV screen or understand why the characters are doing what they’re doing.

Sadly, this season has had a lot of gaps and unexplained actions and motivations where supposed answers come after the fact, in interviews that most people will never read, and even then… those answers don’t show up on the screen where it’s needed in conjunction with the actual unfolding story. It’s making episodes and characters feel like they’re made of Swiss cheese, asking viewers like to me make assumptions on why things are happening, and then confusing me when they finally do fill in those blanks episodes and episodes later as if what I saw before wasn’t really What I Saw. I’m getting frustrated by that.

Fun easter eggs, winks at the comic book canon history, etc., are all fine and good; that’s just added enjoyment for the viewers that do have the comic book knowledge. But if there’s more to Slade’s anger at Oliver that we need to understand Slade’s grudge against Oliver (cause the Shado thing is kind of week and blaming it all on the serum seems kind of lame) than they need to put it ON the screen, spoken by a character. It’s like why Oliver hasn’t told Thea about her dad. I mean, we’re assuming he’s protecting her but for a guy who just disowned his mom for telling lies? I’d like to hear Oliver at least struggling with and justifying his thought process to somebody on the actual show. It’s becoming a bad habit.

• Jen says:

>> It’s making episodes and characters feel like they’re made of Swiss cheese, asking viewers like to me make assumptions on why things are happening, and then confusing me when they finally do fill in those blanks episodes and episodes later as if what I saw before wasn’t really What I Saw. I’m getting frustrated by that.<<

Hear, hear!

• Jen says:

Hmm, I wonder if this a reaction to chatter about people finding the whole Shado reason a tad too flimsy. Anyway, I agree, Claire. Arrow has to show us Slade’s other motivations (if there really are any), not try to send us to the comic books for explanation. “Arrow” seems to be doing a lot of that lately, telling people about things instead of showing it on screen. I’m hearing more about the characters’ supposed motivations, history, etc., via actor and producer interviews.

19. Matthew Weber says:

three, THREE spoilers on bones? Ooooh, how you spoil me.

20. Michelle says:

Do we really need a new love interest for Annie on “Covert Affairs”? I mean can we just not have Eyal on a regular basis?????

21. Steven says:

So excited for New Girl :) I love True American

22. Natalie says:

Omg! Hook and Emma are so good together and he really seems to love her.

• MARIANA VIDAL says:

Natalie, I hate to rain on your parade. I am beginning to feel like the lonely voice in the desert. However, I would like to remind all of you Emma/Hook enthusiasts that Neil has not given up on his family and he will be coming back at some point.

Emma really loves Neil/Baelfire. Please do not forget that Neil is Henry’s father and that puts a lot of weight in the whole situation. Mariana

• Steph says:

Loving someone and being in love are very different things. Most single mothers will tell you they will always love the father of their child. Emma has made it pretty darn clear that she would like to move on from Neal and the pain that he has caused her. I think a comparison of their goodbye scenes in the fall finale shows where Emma’s romantic interests truly lie. The real obstacle now is her emotional walls and her belief that love isn’t in the cards for “the savior”. She needs someone to prove that they will always fight for her, always put her first, never abandon her… And unfortunately, Neal has not lived up to any of that.

• MARIANA VIDAL says:

Good afternoon Steph, It is quite obvious that we have different points of view about Emma’s relationship with Neal/Baelfire. You believe that Emma is clear about her romantic interests. I on the other hand, see that the lady’s feelings are all over the place. Right now, Emma is drowning in a sea of confusion due to her extraordinary circumstances. She does have a relationship with Neal/Baelfire however disfuctional it may be, while her relationship with Hook is just beginning and only time will tell if it develops into somenthing more. We are talking about Emma, the child of Snow White and Prince Charming. The lady is strong and powerful in her own right. Did you see the way she handled herself around tha hideous flying creature that Selena sent to keep an eye on her? Emma Charming does not need a man to fight for her or to put her first. She can fight for herself quite well and when the time comes, she will capably decide what man she wants to be with her and her child for the rest of her life.

Don’t forget that Neal/Baelfire is not your ordinary every day run of the mill guy. He is Rumplestilskin’s son for haven’s sake. He will prove to be a worthy member of his family line and he will live up to whatever Emma needs from him. Call me a foolish dreamer if you want but I keep hoping that Emma, Neal and Henry can be a happy family some day.

Terminally georgeous Hook can stick around to make things interesting for a while but I truly would like for him to find some other beautiful woman to love. He deserves a happy ending as much as any of them.

23. carole anne says:

When will Zack on Bones escape again?

24. tp says:

“Lola is still very much hung up on Mary’s new husband” So they went from barely speaking to each to sex now she’s hung up on him? This show is moving way to fast or they need to stop having people develop feelings out of the blue.

No more love interests for Annie. Please. Just let her be single for awhile if she’s not with Auggie.

25. opus says:

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO sick of people combining a couple’s name into one name. Most of them are bad but I’m not sure I’ve heard one worse than Frary for Francis and Mary on Reign. Please, please, stop this nonsense.

• Alice says:

I think they missed an opportunity there: Mancis. It sounds like a thrash metal band or an insect that eats its mate. So…perfect!

26. Priscilla says:

No please not a new love interest for Annie, I thought Auggie finally her last lover, I’m fed up

27. dee123 says:

Seriously? 3 questions answered about a show that died creatively years ago? Two of those could of been used for other shows.

28. Joey says:

I’m sure there were other OUaT questions, and you give us a Captain Swan one. Should I go all ’80s on you with, “Ugh, like totally gag me with a spoon.”

29. Ella says:

Sorry, now Lola has FEELINGS for Francis?! We’ve gone from pity rejection sex to actual feelings? I don’t usually like to blame one party but Francis was vulnerable and under the impression he had lost Mary forever. Lola, on the other hand, is Mary’s friend, and should not then have behaved as she did, nor should she now consider jeopardizing her friend’s marriage by acting on her so-called “feelings”.

• Lo says:

Lola is the absolute worst and this hookup makes absolutely no sense. Why can’t the writers just stop ruining Francis and Mary already?

• tp says:

I said the same thing. Where did these feelings come from? It was “woe as me” sex and now she has feelings. Where did this come from? Ugh, the writers are killing me. First no sight of Francis then he sleeps with Lola and now Lola has feelings and is possibly pregnant. UGH.

• ... says:

Oh, God, “Frary” fan girls are the pits. Poor blameless Francis being forced against his will to have sex with Lola. If he loved Mary as much as he says he does, he would not have had sex with her friend, breakup or no breakup. But he’s a gross person and you’re gross for giving him a pass because, what, you want to bang him? You have all these starry-eyed notions of Francis and Mary being “twu wuvvv 5eva!!1!”? C’mon.

• Em says:

Right, and if you think Bash is better and so noble we are not watching the same show. After all, he had no problem taking away his brothers’ inheritance or going after the woman his brother loves. I’m not giving Francis a pass with his behavior, but what Bash did was far worse in my opinion.

30. Cris says:

I didn’t know that Julianna Margulies has more than one facial expresion.

31. wenraz says:

I wish someone would create a True American game show. I would totally watch that!

32. Salihahrose says:

Angela’s real name was said when her and Hodgins got married in jail!

33. Betting Lola is pregnant.

34. JaNett says:

Do you have any updates on White Collar?

35. I want to to thank you for this excellent read!!

I absolutely enjoyed every little bit of it. I’ve got you bookmarked
    to check out new stuff you post…