Memories From the Set: Almost Human's Lili Taylor Talks Six Feet Under, X-Files and More

lili taylor blogA recurring feature in which we ask your favorite stars to reminisce about past gigs

She’s best known for slinging pizza with Julia Roberts and befriending Lloyd Dobler on the big screen, but Almost Human‘s Lili Taylor has bunch of wildly varying TV roles on her resumé.

RELATEDLegit‘s DJ Qualls Recalls Roles on ScrubsLost, Breaking Bad and More

As her futuristic Fox drama gears up for its first season finale tonight (8/7c), TVLine asked the two-time Emmy nominee to look back over her television career.

Click through the gallery below for Taylor’s thoughts on chasing deadlines with Oliver Platt, hanging out with the stiffs at the Fisher funeral home and flying blind alongside Agent Mulder.

1. alistaircrane says:

I love Lili Taylor, but I have never hated a fictional character as much as I hated Lisa. When she disappeared and was later found dead, I had never been so overjoyed! Sadly, Nate had bad taste in women (except for Brenda) because he later hooked up with that Quaker bitch.

2. Season premiere? Thought it was the finale?

3. Katherine215 says:

Loved her in that Xfiles ep. It was such a great performance, I’ve always immediately thought of it whenever I’ve seen her.

4. Joey says:

I loved her as Lisa. I actually found it extremely easy to both love and hate Lisa because she really didn’t want that much, but you could see that what she wanted and what Nate wanted weren’t meshing together at all, even though they still kept trying to make it work. Plus her end gave Peter Krause some fantastic material to work with.

5. Ryan says:

Still amazed that Hemlock Grove got renewed. I hope those two episodes are the only ones she’s in. I’d like to see her somewhere else.

6. Brooke says:

She is a class act. I’ve loved her since Mystic Pizza. I’m overjoyed whenever I see her and her MP co-alum Annabeth Gish anywhere.

7. Drew says:

There are more famous actors perhaps, but few with better resumes. She has hit so many different genres and played so many different characters that she has become a favorite of mine.

8. Mick says:

The first time I saw Lili was in Say Anything in which she says what I believe to be the best line of the movie, “I’m a good person Lloyd, but you’re a great one” . She brings such sincerity to her roles.

9. Lukos58 says:

I love Lili Taylor! She always brings such humanity to every role she does. She was great in “I Shot Andy Warhol,” and I still have my poster from the Inwood Theater in Dallas.

10. Liz says:

I was actually just thinking of this feature the other night (watching Grimm because you did one on Claire Coffee months ago) so I’m glad it’s back!
    Also, looooove her, she was awesome on XFiles. But I’m loving Almost Human so much – such an excellent cast. I hope it gets renewed!! Need more of Molonado and her boys

11. I like Lili Taylor’s character in Almost Human and that is almost entirely to her credit as the writers on Almost Human do not seem to give her much to work with week in/week out… With that said hopefully Fox renews Almost Human as I REALLY like that show and it is only getting better as it has gone along…

Please “Fox Deciders”(LoL) bring Almost Human back for a 2nd season as it is 1,000,000x better than “New Girl” and pulls better ratings to prove it and you renewed that trite show so why not Almost Human? Dorian and his “DRN” got renewed in the finale why wouldn’t you renew Dorian and Kennex’s show? :)

RENEW ALMOST HUMAN PLEASE!!!

12. Tony says:

Glad to see ‘Memories from the Set’ again. Always get pulled into these features, with no regrets! Great job!