Ratings: Glee Ticks Up in Tuesday Homecoming, The Voice Lowers, CBS Dramas Drop

NCIS Los Angeles SpoilersCBS’ Tuesday drama line-up returned from its Olympics hiatus on the downside, with each show registering double-digit declines.

RELATED | Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Cancelled?

NCIS opened the Eye’s night with 16.9 million total viewers and a 2.6 demo rating, down 13 and 16 percent from its last fresh outing. NCIS: LA (13.1 mil/2.2) dropped 20 and 21 percent, while Person of Interest (10.8 mil/1.7) fell 13 and 19 percent.

RELATED | Michael Slezak’s The Voice Recap: Show Me the Funny!

NBC’s The Voice delivered 13 mil and a 3.7, down sharply from its Monday premiere (15.9 mil/4.7) and shy of its year-ago Night 2 numbers. About a Boy‘s unplanned pilot rerun did 8.3 mil/2.4, up two tenths from its Saturday, post-Olympics sneak peek, while Growing Up Fisher’s own encore (7 mil/2.0) ticked down a tenth from its Sunday bow. Chicago Fire was steady with 7.1 mil/1.8.

RELATED | Glee Recap: Somebody Rained on Her Parade

Fox’s Glee reclaimed its Tuesday home with 2.9 mil and a 1.2, down in audience but up a tenth in the demo from its winter finale (3.3 mil/1.1). New Girl (2.8 mil/1.4) and B99 (2.6 mil/1.3) both ticked up a tenth while shedding a handful of viewers.

RELATED | Premiere Poll: Will You Be Back to Play More Mind Games?

ABC’s The Bachelor special thingy matched Monday’s 8.1 mil/2.4, while Mind Games‘ premiere (3.6 mil/1.1) — which TVLine readers gave an average grade of “C+” — was down and up from time slot predecessor Killer Women‘s debut (3.9 mil/0.9).

RELATED | The Originals Recap: Sins of the Sister

The CW’s Originals (1.9 mil/0.8) ticked down a tenth, but Supernatural (2.4 mil/1.1) rose a tenth — both pending any NBA preemption-related adjustments.

1. d4h8a15r16m23a42 says:

Just an FYI the cw was preempted in Chicago for the Bulls games.

2. Gabi says:

Wow at the CBS fall! Seems that NCIS fell and took the rest of the night with it.

3. David4 says:

Fox is in some serious trouble. They don’t have comedies, Bones will end next year, Sleepy Hollow is there only new drama with decent numbers.

4. JBC says:

I am not liking the new girl on NCIS. I find her dull. I don’t care if Ziva ever comes back, but I wish that they didn’t fill the position already with the probie girl. The chemistry is just not there and I have a hard time understanding her at times.. granted that could just be me.
    On Person of Interest, I am really wanting to see more REESE and less SHAW. That about sums it up. I like FINCH and FUSCO, but feel the show is so different now with so much less REESE and No CARTER.
    Really disliked About a Boy, was hoping I would like it. I did like Growing Up Fisher.

• Kim R says:

Regarding the NCIS “thingy” (see what I did there?) you are not alone. I liked Kate…then I liked Ziva… so I am not so stuck on someone that I can’t accept another character. BUT…there is something that is slightly off in the balance/chemistry of the team right now. I actually felt like if I missed the show last night I didn’t really care. That has never happened since watching from the beginning. I think I would have liked it better if they continued to bring in temps for most of the season and allowed that to set the tone for each episode and then maybe closer to the end of the season, see who seemed to fit the best.
      When they brought in Ziva, she was not really a part of the team for a while, both eyeing each other with suspicion, so when they finally came together it seemed organic. This with Bishop seems too forced and unnatural. Even Gibbs, so quickly treating her like a daughter almost. It is not like his character. I wish they could fix it or tweak it a bit.
      Just my 2 cents. :)

• JBC says:

Yes, I agree.. Especially changing up Gibbs personality. Maybe it is too difficult to fill guest spots each week and they wanted to settle on someone sooner than later. She’s just not dynamic enough. It isn’t organic like you said. I hope they do tweak it. I am not looking forward to NCIS anymore and it has always been one of my few can’t miss shows. I am not exactly sure what you mean about “Thingy”?

• Mike Hammer says:

Perhaps going on and on about the evil of guns had something to do with the further decline of the show. And, of course, the evil gun show lady who would rather purposefully send defective body armour to our troops. NCIS production now the plaything of every left wing writer in Hollywood with a cause. Aside from that most annoying “rain girl”; Gibbs who now channels George McGovern; completely out of control Abby; constipated McGee; one note knucklehead Tony —If I want a lecture about the evils of guns or how terrible business and anti-Islam America are, I’ll turn on CNN and watch Piers Morgan. At least Morgan and CNN are not pretending to entertain.

• leia says:

maybe you missed it but Piers Morgan is getting canceled. They didn’t go off on gun owners but the problems associated with illegal arms sales at gun shows. And yeah we have had a real problem in the past with the body armor and other military gear, and unfortunately actuaries in corporations make those calculations all the time, profit verses risk, and liability. It s just a sad fact, just like I’m sure its a sad fact that Mr Putin is weighing over in Russia now as to whether he’ll invade Ukraine, or Mr Obama is sitting in the White House figuring out how much more he can castrate the military, so Putin won’t have to worry about his plans. Abby has always vented, McGee has self confidence issues, Tony has always had frat boy tendencies, but Gibbs is no McGovern, although compared to our current president I’d probably prefer to get the McGovern label. Later in his life he wasn’t such a bad egg. Gibbs is getting old, been banged around, almost lost his career, do you really thinks you’d still see the same guy as Red Cell back in season 2? As for our America, it’s becoming anti religion in general, don’t ask for asylum if you’re a coptic christian now, or if you were jewish in the1930’s. But I guess you’re still watching the show.

• Mike Hammer says:

POOR THING. Get a grip. Take two tranquiizers and get some rest.

• Max Ames says:

Well, “Mike”, if anyone should “get a grip” and start swallowing anything, it should be you–your endless b*tching about NCIS is so old, all one has to do is hit repeat and get the same yammering every time your name appears. Any other opinion is gladly welcomed over your dribble. Try zipping your own lip for awhile, and give the rest of us a break–DEAR…..

• THIS. I really wanted to like Bishop. I tried so hard. I have it a real chance. But it too quickly became the Bishop show and that just doesn’t fly. It’s as if the writers were pushing too hard to over compensate for Ziva leaving. The show has suffered for this misstep.

I’m really hoping that they will correct their crash course trajectory soon. If they don’t I don’t forecast good things for the rest of the season.

• Larc says:

Bishop is a lightweight. NCIS would never put such a flake in the position of Special Agent. I think her presence hurts the credibility of the show.

• Lori Fugate says:

Biggest issue with Bishop’s character is the consistency in the writing of her character. As a probie, McGee wasn’t, Katie either, allowed to interview suspects until a few years later. She’s let out on the field and is having issues with weapons and she was shot at because she doesn’t know what she is doing. Ziva was benched as was others when they were directly involved. Now , Bishop is always coming in with the “saving” piece of information…whereas, Tony and Tim, Abby are faded so far into the background. Rarely see Vance or Palmer.

• Doug H says:

I totally disagree about Bishop since she was with an intelligence agency and was brought in to work those kinds of cases since she had familiarity. Kate and Ziva were potential hookup partners with Tony which added to the tension with those 2… Bishop is little sister to old man Tony…. I guess that’s the problem with these long running shows as the actors age out of how their roles were written. My guess is the CBS audience got in the Olympic habit.. Next week is #250 with Robert Wagner back… Always great to have Al Mundy around ( that you METV for showing IT Takes a Thief on weekends)..

• Pennagirl says:

Bishop was a researcher for an intelligence agency. Just because a person works for an intelligence agency doesn’t mean a person is trained with weapons or how to do field work.

5. Rebecca says:

How’s Chicago Fire doing in ratings? I just binged all episodes and I love it. Total girl crush on Shay. Reminds me of a favorite past show, Third Watch.

6. JC says:

“Thingy?” ;)

7. wrstlgirl says:

Mind Games was okay but it won’t be weekly viewing. To much other great programming to add anything new.

8. Mr. Sunshine says:

I’m ticked that they showed reruns of the new NBC comedies. I enjoyed both immensely!

9. Babybop says:

So happy for About a Boy! I really enjoyed the pilot.

BTW, you spelled “its” as “ist”.

10. spindae2 says:

Don’t know how possible The Originals could drop it was such an emotional episode. The show keeps getting better.

• Velocity says:

Most likely both CW shows will drop since neither of them aired new episodes in Chicago market due to the basketball game.

11. Ava says:

I find it interesting how right after they moved B99, its ratings started going down. They should have left it at its former spot. New Girl isn’t the ratings winner it used to be.

12. Dee says:

Woohoo!!!!

Supernatural keep rising!! Yay.

Even though half the episode was as dull as dishwater.

I’m glad Kevin and Mrs. Tran received a proper send-off.

13. sarah says:

What about Chicago Fire?
    I wonder why most shows were down in numbers.
    I was going to give Mind Games a try as I love Christian Slater but if the numbers were worse than Killer Woman (which I did not watch) then I am sure like Killer Woman, Mind Games will be cancelled.

14. bj says:

I’m another one who really isn’t liking Shaw on Person of Interest. I lost interest when they took out Carter and put two rather damaged females in her place. We don’t need any female Reeses.

The new girl on NCIS isn’t doing it for me either. They tried to make her too weird. McGee’s girlfriend held my interest much more.

I love NCIS LA but I agree about getting less political.

15. monieet says:

I find NCIS so dull and unexciting; the new girl is so unnecessary. Please recast or get rid of her. McGees girlfriend in the wheel chair is the way to go if you need a female character.
    POI, what can I say. The ratings will continue to go down since Carter was killed off. I do not watch the show anymore. When Carter returns, I will return to watching.

• Guest says:

Well, what great plan do you have to get Carter “resurrected’? Considering she was buried and all–make her a zombie detective? Please, do all the loyal viewers of POI a favor, don’t watch…..

• monieet says:

Where there is a will there is a way. Its called creative writing. Remember they brought back her dead husband just to kill her off and leave her kid with a guardian. This show will be cancelled anyway because of the character they killed off, but mostly because lots of fans no longer watch.

• Max Ames says:

You may not watch, but speaking for “lots of fans”? Seriously? Not speaking for me, not speaking for my friends who never miss it. I doubt the show is getting cancelled–nice try. I don’t remember anything about her husband being dead, just divorced. She left their son with the husband to go after HR–but you go ahead and make up stuff to suit your fantasy storyline,

• monieet says:

As a faithful fan, and target audience, from the beginning of POI, Carter’s husband was not alive when the show started; he was dead. Then poof through creative writing they changed it all. He was alive, and had bad daddy issues with his kid that needed to be corrected so they could kill her off. So this “Bring her/him back with stupid, convoluted, soap opera-like writing and I’ll watch again” really speaks volumes”. Yes it does speak volumes. The writing was on the wall when Fairly Legal was cancelled and Sarah S. appeared in an episode. No matter how well, “written, well directed, entertaining show” it is, it was not a good move that would inspire me in my sad little room….
This show will be cancelled.

16. JR says:

What I find most interesting is TVLine’s headline “Glee Ticks Up”….most other sites are more accurately depicting the show’s disappointing ratings. No matter how you spin it, Fox cannot be happy– 2.9mil/1.2 rating is dismal.

17. Pat says:

I was so disappointed in NCIS, last night. I said I would give the new girl a chance, but enough is enough. I really think the producer’s of this show have jumped the shark with this girl. When the season started up last fall, yes Ziva was gone but the show seemed to be moving ahead and this new girl was not even on the show yet. The character of Gibbs would have never hired her as an agent, in years past. She proved last night, that she should not be an agent, just by how she was complaining about every job she was told to do, she kept referring to I guess I am being hazed and and when they did go out on a job to arrest that woman she was a total mess as far as handling a gun. I do not fault her but the writers of this show who are reducing her to an incompetent character. I really do not know what is going on with the Producer’s but it seems like they are not concentrating nor do they care what is happening to this show or to us the fan base who have followed NCIS since the very beginning. Does Mark Harmon not care or does he want the show to end because he is one of the producer’s of NCIS New Orleans and he wants to put all of his time into that??

• Gabi says:

I do not think anyone cares. However I question the reasoning behind letting the mothership deteriorate for the sake of the spin-off. If it was to continue with these ratings then CBS could pick up another show out of its pilots and then Harmon would be left without a spin-off and the mothership in danger of being cancelled in the next two or three years. Everyone needs to remember that the cast of NCIS is expensive and Harmon makes half a million per episode so their expectations are much higher.
      In the case of Criminal Minds they let go of two actresses in order to have a spin-off and that ended up being cancelled. Viewers were not happy that the CM mothership was sacrificed for a spin-off and they probably did not want to support this new show. I have a feeling something similar happened with CDP this summer and it looks like it will play out exactly the same way.

18. g says:

Since Fox is already committed to Glee for another season even though the ratings show no sign of improving could they cut the episode order for next year? Maybe do 13 episodes like Sleepy Hollow. I assume it is rather expensive show to make and maybe not as worthwhile financially anymore.

19. Boiler says:

Still haven’t heard from someone of the 8 mill who watched Bachelor. Too embarassed? Please watch Glee or something

20. StevenR says:

There are many reasons ratings are down last night. I just finished watching all of CBS shows from last night online because I had assumed they were all repeats. Otherwise, I would have set my DVR–I never miss them–but last night was at my daughter’s school pageant. Many of my friends have said the same thing. I like the new character and am enjoying her very much. NCIS will not remain on the air forever, and I plan to enjoy it until it’s gone, despite the constant snarking of a certain group. No matter how abusive their so called “reasoning” for how “horrible” the show is now, only makes me more determined to watch it. Why? Well, I certainly wouldn’t give into my daughter’s temper tantrums when she was five, and she grew up and realized the world didn’t stop when she didn’t get her way. Constant whining only irritates me. NCIS has been my favorite show since it started and nothing and no one will change my mind.

21. kelly says:

I’m hoping that the drop in ratings was only because some viewers didn’t know that we had new episodes to watch. To be honest, I was more excited for the new ep of LA than the original. Not sure if it’s because of Bishop but something is off this season.

I hope that the writers plan to give Delilah a proper wheelchair the next time we see her. People who are confined and need to wheel themselves around don’t really use those bulky hospital ones.

22. DavidSask says:

Mind Games was DOA and Glee is such a fail another season for it is just sad!

23. tommy says:

Good to see people seeing how bad ncis has become. I predict a that after the 250 ep mark, the ratings will continue to decline. That incompetent gary glasberg is getting his just desserts for ruining tony and ziva.