TVLine Items: Trophy Kid Joins The Fosters, Tara and Johnny's New Gig, Dallas Ratings and More

Bailee_Madison_TrophyWifeTrophy Wife regular and sometime Once Upon a Time princess Bailee Madison is jumping to sister network ABC Family.

The young actress will recur on Season 2 of The Fosters, per The Hollywood Reporter, playing a young woman who is connected to Callie’s (played by Maia Mitchell) past.

RELATED | The Fosters Casts Jamie McShane as Callie and Jude’s Father

Madison will make her debut in this summer’s premiere.

Read for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

RELATED | Performers of the Week: Johnny Weir and Tara Lipinski

• Fresh off their breakout Olympics run, Johnny Weir and Tara Lipinski have been tapped to provide Oscars fashion commentary for Access Hollywood, The Los Angeles Times reports.

Dallas‘ Season 3 premiere on Monday night corralled 2.7 million total viewers, with 950K landing in the 18-49 sweet spot — on par with the drama’s sophomore season average.

RELATED | Dallas Boss Reveals Plan to ‘Embrace Bad More’ in Season 3 By Loading Up on Multiple J.R.s

• VH1 will honor the late Harold Ramis with a marathon of Ghostbusters, Ghostbusters 2 and Animal House on Saturday, March 1, beginning at 7/6c (and encoring on Sunday at 11 am). VH1 Classic will tee up the same trifecta on Sunday, starting at 7 pm (and Monday at 11 am).

• Comedy Central has renewed Broad City, from exec producer Amy Poehler, for Season 2.

• Netflix has unveiled a trailer for Star Wars: The Clone Wars‘ new episodes, “The Lost Missions,” debuting exclusively on the streaming service on March 7.

1. kd83954 says:

So what does this mean for Trophy Wife? It’s such a fantastic show, I wish more people watched it!

• ... says:

Production recently wrapped on the first season, but IMO, it would take Mixology and Suburgatory bombing and Trophy Wife getting a Wednesday tryout before the latter will have a chance at another season.

• Television Scout says:

Good points – although, having Mixology bomb is not completely out of the realm of possibility. That bar for the ABC-9:30pm/Wednesday slot is set pretty high. I’m not sure any show can succeed [live up to expectations and make the numbers] in that slot at this point.

Agreed, however, that if Suburgatory comes back (and probably will for another short-order in Jan’15), then ABC may not have more than a couple of slots to fill, including that key Wed/9:30, and the 9:30pm Tuesday slot, following Goldbergs (which I believe will be renewed). ABC perhaps will plan to have a comedy or two on the bench for the winter/spring run in 2015. That probably does not bode well for Trophy.

However, there could be some good news (I think) for Trophy Wife – I personally believe that show would be an absolute perfect fit for the Friday, 8:30pm slot, following Last Man. Perhaps ABC will agree.

So, if Trophy does get renewed, I think Friday 8:30pm is their best bet. What does this mean for Neighbors? No comment. :o

2. Riana says:

No mention that mention she played the female version of Jake T Austin’s character on Wizards of Waverly Place?

3. Andrew Hass says:

I’m thinking she’ll be playing a past friend of Callie’s from her childhood.Plus since i think The Fosters second season begins airing sometime in the Summer the actress will probably tape her scenes in the Spring while waiting to see if ABC renews The Trophy Wife.

4. TL says:

I wish DALLAS ratings were slightly better. The show is really well done. And I adore Bailee Madison…gonna be a great addition to one of my guilty pleasures.

5. Lauren says:

I love Tara and Johnny. This will be the first time I ever watch the red carpet.

6. Ally Oop says:

Trophy Wife is a show I keep saying I’m gonna quit recording on my DVR because I need to cut back on shows and it’s likely gonna be cancelled so why bother BUT then I watch an episode and I realize the show is a real gem and I can’t quit recording it.

• JB Smooove says:

ill cosign with you. there is just something……I don’t know the word im looking for atm, but I enjoy it. also, there is something mesmerizing about Marcia gay harden. she can boss me around all the time.

7. Tiffany says:

Bailee will probably play Callie sister on dad side. Maia and Bailee look like real sisters.