It's Official: Revenge's Barry Sloane Joins ABC's Alien-Themed Pilot The Visitors

Get More: Casting News, Pilots

Barry Sloane The VisitorsThis may turn out to be the Best. News. Ever. for fans of Emily and Jack.

As first hinted by TVLine earlier this month, Barry Sloane — the third prong of Revenge‘s Jack-Emily-Aiden triangle — has joined the cast of ABC’s alien-themed pilot The Visitors, TVLine has learned.

RELATED | Pilot Season 2014: Your Complete Guide to This Fall’s (Possible) New Shows and Who’s In Them

Produced by Steven Spielberg’s Amblin TV, The Visitors chronicles a race against the clock to defeat an unseen alien enemy out to destroy the world using our most precious resource against us.

Sloane will play Wes, a former FBI agent now with the Special Projects Division of the Defense department who investigates military threats that are better off solved outside the public’s knowledge. Married to Lena, and the father of 9 year old Minx, he’s unfortunately become a career man first, and a family man second. Assigned to investigate a shocking discovery in the Algerian desert, Wes will find himself embroiled in history’s most explosive event – the realization that we are in fact not alone in this world.

Under the Dome scribe Soo Hugh is penning the script and noted video director Mark Romanek is set to helm the pilot.

What does this mean for Aiden on Revenge? An ABC insider says Sloane’s role in a possible fourth season “is still being determined.”

Comments (95)

• I hope this means he’s leaving Revenge for good.

Comment by abz – February 20, 2014 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I happen to like Aiden – he adds great deal to “Revenge” and is great support for Emily! Please don’t let him leave.

Comment by edtek – February 20, 2014 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So not please about Barry leaving Revenge. I like him and Emily together. Jack has become very judgemental.

Comment by Lia – February 20, 2014 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree ! Love this guy, he, Nolan, & Ems are great together ! Mistake if he goes…..

Comment by ratneck – March 9, 2014 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope he doesn’t! He’s got so much more sex appeal than Jack! Also Jack is too short for Emily!

Comment by suzyku – February 20, 2014 05:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • seriously? you’re using height as an excuse for reasons jack and emily shouldn’t be together. what’s next? wrong hair color?

Comment by hannah – February 20, 2014 06:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Their Zodiac signs aren’t compatible, it cannot be!

Comment by Hannah – February 21, 2014 12:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You do realize saying that is also an insult to Emily (saying that she’s too tall for Jack)? Of course Emily needs a big strong man to defend her, God forbid she be the powerful one in the relationship. Give me a break.

Comment by GuyAwks – February 21, 2014 06:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • How is it an insult? If Emily needs anything it’s someone on her level, and that’s not Jack. The height difference between them is a symbol of how totally mismatched they are. Jack is too unworldly for Emily, and also much too stupid. They are incompatible in every way. And Aiden being dead or gone does nothing to change that.

Comment by Mike – February 21, 2014 06:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Well, by all means, since you think they are incompatible, it must be so right? Your word is law apparently.

Comment by Radha – February 21, 2014 03:00 PM PDT
    • I like Barry but not you!!!!!

Comment by Siv Berggren – February 21, 2014 03:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen! Aiden is completely useless this season and him getting killed off would give the season the dramatic punch it needs. Adios Aiden.

Comment by GuyAwks – February 21, 2014 06:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Aiden was an awesome addition to Revenge…he is by far better for Emily than Jack!!! Hopefully he’ll be on at least some of season 4 of Revenge :) :( would really miss him if he “left”

Comment by Aryn – February 21, 2014 06:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show has CANCELLATION all written on it.

Comment by martina – February 20, 2014 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Which? Revenge or the new Alien program?

Comment by edtek – February 20, 2014 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This new show, of course. Aiden will be back in The Hamptons in no time!

Comment by Martina – February 20, 2014 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • no i believe it has “The Visitirs” ALL OVER IT

Comment by nate – February 20, 2014 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BYEEEE AIDEN! won’t miss ya.

Comment by Elyse – February 20, 2014 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What are you taking about???? Elyse vi dont miss you Ha ha ha from Sweden!!!!!!!!

Comment by Siv Berggren – February 21, 2014 02:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whaat?? Whyy?? I hate Jack with all my heart!!

Comment by johanna – February 20, 2014 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jack is so freaking boring. I can’t stand Aiden though. I would rather see her with someone else.

Comment by Elyse – February 20, 2014 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • why? what did he ever do to you? i don’t understand any kind of character hate unless the character is evil with no redeeming qualities. and you need to get over this so called “hate”. jack is and has always been an important part of the story.

Comment by hannah – February 20, 2014 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And Radha shows up to tell you off in 3,2,1….

Comment by Mike – February 21, 2014 07:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LOL… I can see, she’s becoming infamous here. How dare you hate/dislike Jack? :-)

Comment by Anna – March 9, 2014 11:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • While I don’t hate Jack w/ all my heart I do agree that Aiden is a better match for Emily. Aiden and Emily have far more in common and I think a deeper bond than she and Jack will ever have. Plus I like Jack and Margeaux together. I agree w/ Elyse, here’s hoping they introduce a new character for Emily to get together with or keep her solo for the rest of the series.

Comment by Meredith – February 21, 2014 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad I gave up on Revenge when I did. Sounds like it’s went crazy this season. I always did like the Aiden character.

Comment by enri – February 20, 2014 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It went south last season, and this season they’ve been able to bring it back up to some season 1 level quality.

Comment by K – February 20, 2014 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed. I’ve been telling my friends to watch Season 1, read a summary of Season 2 and then go back to watching Season 3.

Comment by Christy – February 20, 2014 05:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually quite the opposite. This season have Revenge has been deliciously good!

Comment by iMember – February 20, 2014 05:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope this means i can finally see Aiden die of an horrible death.

Comment by D. – February 20, 2014 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Right?

I don’t know how anyone thinks Aiden is going to survive Niko’s wrath.

Comment by aa – February 20, 2014 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I knoooow! Boy is doomed.

Comment by Christy – February 20, 2014 05:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Maybe we will see another awesome sword fight. And I guess Nolan will be getting his house back. I do wish the actor well, but I have never been a fan of Aiden.

Comment by wingsstef – February 20, 2014 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m really hoping that’s how he goes; Niko kills him with Takeda’s katana after a big showdown. It’s only fitting. Bye Mr. Mumbles.

Comment by Marc – February 21, 2014 06:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yesss, I hope Niko destroys him slowly and painfully.

Comment by GuyAwks – February 21, 2014 06:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nooooooooo I love Aiden, and the new show sounds awful. Emily and jack have no chemistry

Comment by Pati – February 20, 2014 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • emily and aiden have no chemistry you mean

Comment by laura – February 20, 2014 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nooooooooo I LOVE Aiden =____=’ and this new show seems like a bad idea… Guess this Niko will kill him :’(

Comment by Jaystelle (@EstelleFromHere) – February 20, 2014 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can we pretend it’s a 3rd season of V? Lol. Totally watch though, anything with aliens. But I love Aiden on Revenge so I’ll be bummed if he leaves

Comment by Liz – February 20, 2014 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Haha right! Why are they making a different alien show when they canceled the last decent one??? I like Aiden and Emily together:(

Comment by ashley – February 21, 2014 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aiden and Emily belong together – Jack missed his chance!

Comment by Lori – February 20, 2014 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jack is endgame, and this casting proves it

Comment by Sarahliz – February 20, 2014 08:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It proves nothing except the monumental stupidity of signing Barry Sloane as a regular and then doing zip to develop his character.

Comment by Mike – February 21, 2014 06:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show will probably get picked up because of Spielberg, but will likely get canceled because of lack of viewers. It sounds horrible. Revenge could barely find anything to do with Aiden this season, so it wasn’t a surprise they had no use for him in S4. Good Luck to Barry but I can’t stand Aiden.

Comment by G – February 20, 2014 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jane Badler can be cool in .. and make the buzz for the series

Comment by me – February 20, 2014 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Concept seems too familiar. I think there’s enough ” aliens coming to kill us all” type tv shows

Comment by Haysheesh – February 20, 2014 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Isn’t this just V all over again? They didn’t even bother to change the name “Visitors”!

Comment by Jerry – February 20, 2014 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, that’s what I thought. Do networks have any self-awareness? Ironically, V also cast an actress (Elizabeth Mitchell) who was finishing up another ABC show (Lost). Great omen there. I don’t think I’ll even watch the trailer for this one since ABC could even get a good pilot like Last Resort to work. Please do something you have’t already recycled, ABC.

Comment by Derek Johnson – February 20, 2014 05:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yessssssss! Good riddance.

Comment by erin – February 20, 2014 05:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s good for Barry Sloane.As for Revenge my guess is in the season finale they’ll leave Aiden’s fate up in the air.That way if the Visitors gets picked up they can have Aiden die or disappear.Plus the fact that both shows are on ABC could be a good thing because depending on things Barry could appear on both shows if he has to.

Comment by Andrew Hass – February 20, 2014 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Doesn’t it sound like another Spielberg tv show, falling skies?

Comment by Leah – February 20, 2014 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good luck to Barry Sloane on his new show. But yay for Emily and Jack! I agree Niko is probably going to kill him. That girl is nuts. And he killed her papa.

Comment by wingsstef – February 20, 2014 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Never liked Aiden. Didn’t hate him, but thought he was boring.

Comment by Diane – February 20, 2014 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Great if Aiden leaves! Not a Jack/Emily fan but Aiden has not brought anything to the show at all, completely useless. Good luck with the pilot!

Comment by Sarah – February 21, 2014 01:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Minx?

Comment by christine – February 20, 2014 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well I guess it’s over for Emily and Aiden fans. Oh well. :(

Comment by Justin – February 20, 2014 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nah. It’s not over unless he dies. The option for Aiden to do a George Clooney and reappear at the end stays open as long as he’s alive offscreen somewhere.

Comment by Mike – February 21, 2014 06:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope they let him keep his accent.

Comment by Jon – February 20, 2014 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay for Emily/Jack!!!!!!

Comment by Shireen – February 20, 2014 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is this in first position or second position to Revenge?

Comment by Meg – February 20, 2014 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Visitors? Really? Why not just call it V2? Or V the next chapter? it sounds like a total rip off of the Original V. The reboot of V failed horribly, I don’t see why they would think this show would work.

Comment by Phil A – February 20, 2014 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This show is based on a Ray Bradbury short story, Zero Hour published in 1951 so hardly a V rip off.

Comment by sci-fiGuy – February 20, 2014 09:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe he’ll have some chemistry with the aliens. He certainly has none with any humans.

Comment by Et al – February 20, 2014 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ahahahha, I love that comment!

Comment by Jovana – February 21, 2014 05:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We want Aiden!! Jack can go fly a kit!!!

Comment by Jess – February 20, 2014 08:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We still want Aiden & Emily

Comment by Amy – February 20, 2014 08:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well good for Barry cos the Revenge writers have sure run out of ideas re Aiden this season. I guess Jemily fans will be happy but for the life of me, those two make an odd ‘endgame’. Yes and height matters, EVC towers over Nick – it’s ridiculous. At least Emily and Aiden looked good together!

Comment by Mini – February 20, 2014 11:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Either Emily dies or she goes off into the sunset with Jack & Carl. They are the only ways i can see Revenge ending.

Comment by dee123 – February 20, 2014 11:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Death! I want an Hamlet scenario.

Comment by Hannah – February 21, 2014 12:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I never liked Aiden other than his interactions with Nolan, who lets face it has chemistry in spades with everyone and makes up for Sloane’s one note acting and lack of chemistry.

I kinda ship Jack/Emily. I didn’t like it first two seasons because the way they were pushing it based on childhood friendship was contrived but Jack knowing about Emily has made it a lot more interesting. That kiss earlier in the season was smoking hot EVC and Nick defo have chemistry!

There is still a part of me that thinks Nolan and Emily should end up together, they love and care eachother the most out of anyone else in their lives. That includes Jack, Aiden and Patrick.

Comment by SC – February 21, 2014 01:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes the height matters and so does chemistry. Jack has neither. I hope Aiden comes back in season 4. This pilot sounds awful. Will never get picked up

Comment by Amy – February 21, 2014 01:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, I was looking forward to seeing him in a leading role but it really doesn’t sound too promising. I hope the door will be left open for Aiden to return.

Comment by Elouise – February 21, 2014 03:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In my opinion, I don’t like Aiden OR Jack. They both have become annoying characters.

Comment by Holly – February 21, 2014 04:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hell yes, bring on Emily/Jack!

Comment by GuyAwks – February 21, 2014 06:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aidens time is so over. Revenge has not been going anywhere since he he joined the show and he has done way more damage to Emily’s revenge than anything else.
    Now it’s time for some serious Jemily… at long last!

Comment by jollygood – February 21, 2014 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You really think Jack is better at revenge than Aiden? Seriously?

Comment by ellajasper – February 21, 2014 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Barry Sloane! I hope Visitors does well and hope he also remains on Revenge. Aimily!!

Comment by Lyn – February 21, 2014 08:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with you Lyn ! He’s hawt !

Comment by ratneck – March 10, 2014 06:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jack is so boring. Not man enough for Emily. Aiden character much stronger and more what Emily needs.

Comment by ellajasper – February 21, 2014 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lol at the Jack/Emily fans, I don’t think it’s going to be that easy kids. They may be getting rid of Aiden (hallelujah!) but Karine Vanasse who plays Margaux has just been upped to series regular so all that will likely happen is that the Emily/Aiden/Jack triangle will turn into a Emily/Jack/Margaux triangle. That makes me ugh because I hate the whole crappy Jack/Emily ‘romance’, it’s like a lead balloon that drags the show down big time. Not that Aidan was any better really. Let Emily be alone (other than Nolan of course) and concentrate on her Revengenda which is going wildly off track at the moment.

Comment by The Real Amanda Clarke – February 21, 2014 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well I like Jack and Margaux too! I would be okay with that triangle.

Comment by wingsstef – February 21, 2014 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sorry for the double post, but yes, a focus on Revengenda would not be an idea. Emily & Jack as friends i fine with me too. Though, I have a feeling that the throwing Margaux under the bus thing will be something Jack will not be happy about.

Comment by wingsstef – February 21, 2014 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! More Nolan!

Comment by N – February 21, 2014 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • #BumpOffTheBrit

Comment by Deion – February 21, 2014 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • no!!! Not happy about this news! Aiden belongs with Emily!! I will not like if they pair Emily with Jack! He is great but not with her! :( And this show will be canceled before the 3rd ep. Shows don’t usually make it far on ABC let along one about aliens!

Comment by katrina – February 21, 2014 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really don’t care who Emily ends up with,,,I watch the show for the bigger story (the REVENGE!), but anything that gives Aiden less screen time to be endlessly annoying is a good thing.

Comment by Paul – February 21, 2014 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jamily Jamily so happy

Comment by Mika02 – February 21, 2014 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh good. His character has way overstayed his welcome on Revenge. Glad he’s going, and hope the actor finds success on another show (although I’m not optimistic it will be this one).

Comment by Kristina – February 21, 2014 05:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Aiden for Emily simply because he knows her past, her training, how she got to be who she is at this time. He loves her, accepts her, knows what to do to help her. He understands why she married, though a part of him still feels betrayed by her refusal to leave and move forward with their life together. Jack on the other hand, has none of that. He is confused by her, has no clue about her capabilities, and really would be even MORE confused if he knew about the years leading to her return to the Hamptons.
    He is a sweet man but still has issues about Amanda’s death and I think he still blames Emily WHILE having a tough time wrapping his mind around that entire life-swap and Amanda’s blackmailing of Emily.
    I am happy for Barry that he has a new series, but, truthfully it does not sound like anything I would be interested in watching. I hope that if it fails, as it certainly might, the writers and producers of Revenge bring him back!
    On the other hand, this couldn’t mean that Revenge is in danger of cancellation, could it? I really like this show; it is one of my guilty pleasures!

Comment by Mary S – February 22, 2014 03:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Visitors???!! Been there done that!! No Sloane must stay on Revenge! I love Aiden, him and Emily are the best thing on the show right now, and if he leaves I don’t know if I’ll keep watching!

Comment by Rose – February 22, 2014 04:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Was I the only one rooting for a Nolan-Emily-Aiden polyamorous relationship?

Comment by josieb – March 10, 2014 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The show has become ridiculous and soap-opera predictable with selective amnesia and long-lost family members. I’m embarrassed to still be watching. Only holding on in the hopes that Emily and Aiden (who oozes sex appeal) will end up together and we’ll have some closure. Loved the first two seasons, but have not enjoyed the third. Too contrived. Ending up with Aiden or by herself seems to be the only logical endings for Emily. Someone new wool not work. Too much back story. And Jack is much too boring. I’m ready for her revenge journey to be over…after I’ve seen Aiden with his shirt off one more time ;-)

Comment by CJ – March 14, 2014 12:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fans of Jack/Emily? LOL, do they still exist??!

Aiden is the best love interest Emily has had, so if he leaves the show that would really suck.

Comment by J – March 31, 2014 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post