It's Official: Revenge's Barry Sloane Joins ABC's Alien-Themed Pilot The Visitors

Barry Sloane The VisitorsThis may turn out to be the Best. News. Ever. for fans of Emily and Jack.

As first hinted by TVLine earlier this month, Barry Sloane — the third prong of Revenge‘s Jack-Emily-Aiden triangle — has joined the cast of ABC’s alien-themed pilot The Visitors, TVLine has learned.

RELATED | Pilot Season 2014: Your Complete Guide to This Fall’s (Possible) New Shows and Who’s In Them

Produced by Steven Spielberg’s Amblin TV, The Visitors chronicles a race against the clock to defeat an unseen alien enemy out to destroy the world using our most precious resource against us.

Sloane will play Wes, a former FBI agent now with the Special Projects Division of the Defense department who investigates military threats that are better off solved outside the public’s knowledge. Married to Lena, and the father of 9 year old Minx, he’s unfortunately become a career man first, and a family man second. Assigned to investigate a shocking discovery in the Algerian desert, Wes will find himself embroiled in history’s most explosive event – the realization that we are in fact not alone in this world.

Under the Dome scribe Soo Hugh is penning the script and noted video director Mark Romanek is set to helm the pilot.

What does this mean for Aiden on Revenge? An ABC insider says Sloane’s role in a possible fourth season “is still being determined.”

1. abz says:

I hope this means he’s leaving Revenge for good.

• edtek says:

I happen to like Aiden – he adds great deal to “Revenge” and is great support for Emily! Please don’t let him leave.

• suzyku says:

I hope he doesn’t! He’s got so much more sex appeal than Jack! Also Jack is too short for Emily!

• hannah says:

seriously? you’re using height as an excuse for reasons jack and emily shouldn’t be together. what’s next? wrong hair color?

• GuyAwks says:

You do realize saying that is also an insult to Emily (saying that she’s too tall for Jack)? Of course Emily needs a big strong man to defend her, God forbid she be the powerful one in the relationship. Give me a break.

• Mike says:

How is it an insult? If Emily needs anything it’s someone on her level, and that’s not Jack. The height difference between them is a symbol of how totally mismatched they are. Jack is too unworldly for Emily, and also much too stupid. They are incompatible in every way. And Aiden being dead or gone does nothing to change that.

• Radha says:

Well, by all means, since you think they are incompatible, it must be so right? Your word is law apparently.

• Siv Berggren says:

I like Barry but not you!!!!!

• GuyAwks says:

Amen! Aiden is completely useless this season and him getting killed off would give the season the dramatic punch it needs. Adios Aiden.

• Aryn says:

Aiden was an awesome addition to Revenge…he is by far better for Emily than Jack!!! Hopefully he’ll be on at least some of season 4 of Revenge :) :( would really miss him if he “left”

2. martina says:

This show has CANCELLATION all written on it.

3. Elyse says:

BYEEEE AIDEN! won’t miss ya.

4. johanna says:

Whaat?? Whyy?? I hate Jack with all my heart!!

• Elyse says:

Jack is so freaking boring. I can’t stand Aiden though. I would rather see her with someone else.

• hannah says:

why? what did he ever do to you? i don’t understand any kind of character hate unless the character is evil with no redeeming qualities. and you need to get over this so called “hate”. jack is and has always been an important part of the story.

• Mike says:

And Radha shows up to tell you off in 3,2,1….

• Meredith says:

While I don’t hate Jack w/ all my heart I do agree that Aiden is a better match for Emily. Aiden and Emily have far more in common and I think a deeper bond than she and Jack will ever have. Plus I like Jack and Margeaux together. I agree w/ Elyse, here’s hoping they introduce a new character for Emily to get together with or keep her solo for the rest of the series.

5. enri says:

I’m glad I gave up on Revenge when I did. Sounds like it’s went crazy this season. I always did like the Aiden character.

6. D. says:

I hope this means i can finally see Aiden die of an horrible death.

7. Pati says:

Nooooooooo I love Aiden, and the new show sounds awful. Emily and jack have no chemistry

8. Nooooooooo I LOVE Aiden =____=’ and this new show seems like a bad idea… Guess this Niko will kill him :'(

9. Liz says:

Can we pretend it’s a 3rd season of V? Lol. Totally watch though, anything with aliens. But I love Aiden on Revenge so I’ll be bummed if he leaves

• ashley says:

Haha right! Why are they making a different alien show when they canceled the last decent one??? I like Aiden and Emily together:(

10. Lori says:

Aiden and Emily belong together – Jack missed his chance!

11. G says:

This show will probably get picked up because of Spielberg, but will likely get canceled because of lack of viewers. It sounds horrible. Revenge could barely find anything to do with Aiden this season, so it wasn’t a surprise they had no use for him in S4. Good Luck to Barry but I can’t stand Aiden.

12. me says:

Jane Badler can be cool in .. and make the buzz for the series

13. Haysheesh says:

Concept seems too familiar. I think there’s enough ” aliens coming to kill us all” type tv shows

14. Jerry says:

Isn’t this just V all over again? They didn’t even bother to change the name “Visitors”!

• Derek Johnson says:

Yeah, that’s what I thought. Do networks have any self-awareness? Ironically, V also cast an actress (Elizabeth Mitchell) who was finishing up another ABC show (Lost). Great omen there. I don’t think I’ll even watch the trailer for this one since ABC could even get a good pilot like Last Resort to work. Please do something you have’t already recycled, ABC.

15. erin says:

Yessssssss! Good riddance.

16. Andrew Hass says:

That’s good for Barry Sloane.As for Revenge my guess is in the season finale they’ll leave Aiden’s fate up in the air.That way if the Visitors gets picked up they can have Aiden die or disappear.Plus the fact that both shows are on ABC could be a good thing because depending on things Barry could appear on both shows if he has to.

17. Leah says:

Doesn’t it sound like another Spielberg tv show, falling skies?

18. wingsstef says:

Good luck to Barry Sloane on his new show. But yay for Emily and Jack! I agree Niko is probably going to kill him. That girl is nuts. And he killed her papa.

19. Diane says:

Never liked Aiden. Didn’t hate him, but thought he was boring.

• Sarah says:

Great if Aiden leaves! Not a Jack/Emily fan but Aiden has not brought anything to the show at all, completely useless. Good luck with the pilot!

20. christine says:

Minx?

21. Justin says:

Well I guess it’s over for Emily and Aiden fans. Oh well. :(

• Mike says:

Nah. It’s not over unless he dies. The option for Aiden to do a George Clooney and reappear at the end stays open as long as he’s alive offscreen somewhere.

22. Jon says:

I hope they let him keep his accent.

23. Shireen says:

Yay for Emily/Jack!!!!!!

24. Meg says:

Is this in first position or second position to Revenge?

25. Phil A says:

The Visitors? Really? Why not just call it V2? Or V the next chapter? it sounds like a total rip off of the Original V. The reboot of V failed horribly, I don’t see why they would think this show would work.

26. Et al says:

Maybe he’ll have some chemistry with the aliens. He certainly has none with any humans.

27. Jess says:

We want Aiden!! Jack can go fly a kit!!!

28. Amy says:

We still want Aiden & Emily

29. Mini says:

Well good for Barry cos the Revenge writers have sure run out of ideas re Aiden this season. I guess Jemily fans will be happy but for the life of me, those two make an odd ‘endgame’. Yes and height matters, EVC towers over Nick – it’s ridiculous. At least Emily and Aiden looked good together!

30. dee123 says:

Either Emily dies or she goes off into the sunset with Jack & Carl. They are the only ways i can see Revenge ending.

31. SC says:

I never liked Aiden other than his interactions with Nolan, who lets face it has chemistry in spades with everyone and makes up for Sloane’s one note acting and lack of chemistry.

I kinda ship Jack/Emily. I didn’t like it first two seasons because the way they were pushing it based on childhood friendship was contrived but Jack knowing about Emily has made it a lot more interesting. That kiss earlier in the season was smoking hot EVC and Nick defo have chemistry!

There is still a part of me that thinks Nolan and Emily should end up together, they love and care eachother the most out of anyone else in their lives. That includes Jack, Aiden and Patrick.

32. Amy says:

Yes the height matters and so does chemistry. Jack has neither. I hope Aiden comes back in season 4. This pilot sounds awful. Will never get picked up

• Elouise says:

Yeah, I was looking forward to seeing him in a leading role but it really doesn’t sound too promising. I hope the door will be left open for Aiden to return.

33. Holly says:

In my opinion, I don’t like Aiden OR Jack. They both have become annoying characters.

34. GuyAwks says:

Hell yes, bring on Emily/Jack!

35. jollygood says:

Aidens time is so over. Revenge has not been going anywhere since he he joined the show and he has done way more damage to Emily’s revenge than anything else.
    Now it’s time for some serious Jemily… at long last!

36. Lyn says:

I love Barry Sloane! I hope Visitors does well and hope he also remains on Revenge. Aimily!!

37. ellajasper says:

Jack is so boring. Not man enough for Emily. Aiden character much stronger and more what Emily needs.

38. The Real Amanda Clarke says:

Lol at the Jack/Emily fans, I don’t think it’s going to be that easy kids. They may be getting rid of Aiden (hallelujah!) but Karine Vanasse who plays Margaux has just been upped to series regular so all that will likely happen is that the Emily/Aiden/Jack triangle will turn into a Emily/Jack/Margaux triangle. That makes me ugh because I hate the whole crappy Jack/Emily ‘romance’, it’s like a lead balloon that drags the show down big time. Not that Aidan was any better really. Let Emily be alone (other than Nolan of course) and concentrate on her Revengenda which is going wildly off track at the moment.

39. N says:

Yay! More Nolan!

40. Deion says:

#BumpOffTheBrit

41. katrina says:

no!!! Not happy about this news! Aiden belongs with Emily!! I will not like if they pair Emily with Jack! He is great but not with her! :( And this show will be canceled before the 3rd ep. Shows don’t usually make it far on ABC let along one about aliens!

42. Paul says:

I really don’t care who Emily ends up with,,,I watch the show for the bigger story (the REVENGE!), but anything that gives Aiden less screen time to be endlessly annoying is a good thing.

43. Mika02 says:

Jamily Jamily so happy

44. Kristina says:

Oh good. His character has way overstayed his welcome on Revenge. Glad he’s going, and hope the actor finds success on another show (although I’m not optimistic it will be this one).

45. Mary S says:

I like Aiden for Emily simply because he knows her past, her training, how she got to be who she is at this time. He loves her, accepts her, knows what to do to help her. He understands why she married, though a part of him still feels betrayed by her refusal to leave and move forward with their life together. Jack on the other hand, has none of that. He is confused by her, has no clue about her capabilities, and really would be even MORE confused if he knew about the years leading to her return to the Hamptons.
    He is a sweet man but still has issues about Amanda’s death and I think he still blames Emily WHILE having a tough time wrapping his mind around that entire life-swap and Amanda’s blackmailing of Emily.
    I am happy for Barry that he has a new series, but, truthfully it does not sound like anything I would be interested in watching. I hope that if it fails, as it certainly might, the writers and producers of Revenge bring him back!
    On the other hand, this couldn’t mean that Revenge is in danger of cancellation, could it? I really like this show; it is one of my guilty pleasures!

46. Rose says:

Visitors???!! Been there done that!! No Sloane must stay on Revenge! I love Aiden, him and Emily are the best thing on the show right now, and if he leaves I don’t know if I’ll keep watching!

47. josieb says:

Was I the only one rooting for a Nolan-Emily-Aiden polyamorous relationship?

48. CJ says:

The show has become ridiculous and soap-opera predictable with selective amnesia and long-lost family members. I’m embarrassed to still be watching. Only holding on in the hopes that Emily and Aiden (who oozes sex appeal) will end up together and we’ll have some closure. Loved the first two seasons, but have not enjoyed the third. Too contrived. Ending up with Aiden or by herself seems to be the only logical endings for Emily. Someone new wool not work. Too much back story. And Jack is much too boring. I’m ready for her revenge journey to be over…after I’ve seen Aiden with his shirt off one more time ;-)

49. J says:

Fans of Jack/Emily? LOL, do they still exist??!

Aiden is the best love interest Emily has had, so if he leaves the show that would really suck.

50. Susie says:

Josh Bowman who plays Daniel is Emily Van Camp’s real boyfriend and he is the same height as Jack, so I think EVC would be fine with it.