Exclusive

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on S.H.I.E.L.D., Scandal, Parenthood, H50, Once, Castle, Banshee & More!

Agents of SHIELD Casting Agent TriplettWho is S.H.I.E.L.D.‘s new agent? What mother of a twist does Parenthood have on tap? Can Scandal‘s Mellie “fix” Olivia? Will Five-0 leave someone breathless? Read on for answers to those questions plus teases from other shows.

You had mentioned that Episode 14 of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. would introduce two recurring characters. One of them seems to be Bill Paxton’s character, but what about the African-American role? Do you know who’s playing that, and if he is a Marvel character or not? –Andy B.
Andy, collect your 250 TVLine Power User Points (of no cash value but damn suitable for framing), because you led me to this casting scoop: B.J. Britt (One Tree Hill, Being Mary Jane) wound up scoring the role of Agent Triplett, an associate of Bill Paxton’s character who appears in the March 4 episode.

Do you have any spoilers yet on Covert Affairs’ next season? Missing my Annie and Auggie! –Debra
Are you sitting down? Good. Because the one thing I do know about Season 5 is that the USA series is casting a new series regular — “McQuaid,” a handsome, magnetic and charming Navy SEAL turned private contractor/billionaire. The guy’s got a questionable past, sure (don’t we all?), but that won’t keep him and Annie from striking an undeniable spark — one that could last all… season… long. Casting ideas?

Do you have any information about Parenthood, for when it returns at the end of February? –Joel
This won’t happen as soon as Feb. 27, but I can tell you that Matt Lauria is set to return as Ryan, in this season’s penultimate episode. And there’s a chance we could see him in the finale, too. What’s more, we’ll also meet Ryan’s mom, a “three Bloody Marys for breakfast” type who never has known how to be there for him in a motherly way.

RELATED | Parenthood Season 5 Spoilers — Who Is Returning?

Can we get some spoiler-y hints for the 19th episode of Hawaii Five-0? I read somewhere that Danny gets hurt, and it’s killing me! –Sara
This won’t ease your anxiety much. Or at all. As the team investigates a tip about a guns deal going down inside a parking garage, a bomb implodes the entire structure – with some of Five-0 inside. One person is badly hurt, oxygen’s running low…. Yeah, it’s one of those situations.

I would love to hear anything Scandal-related, especially on the Fitz/Olivia/Mellie front. –Mandy
Fitz/Olivia/Mellie is precisely what you’ll get – though not in the best of ways – as the midseason premiere opens. (All told, “Olitz” fans can expect :-O :*-( and : D moments, though not in that order.) Oh, and the lunch date teased in this video? You can only imagine what Mellie proposes in the name of making a “respectable woman” out of her rival.

I wanna know if those squirrels on Banshee mean Siobhan’s gonna die in the finale, what Chayton is doing in the finale, if we’re ever going to see Nola again…. Anything will do! –Tea
Showrunner Greg Yaitanes offers this about the Season 2 finale, airing March 14: “When Cinemax saw it, one executive said: ‘This is the Banshee Red Wedding!'” Eep.

Have you got anything on the Reign episode “The Consummation”? Specifically, something Mary and Francis-related? –Bree
Do I have anything on “The Consummation” aka the March 6 episode I watched just this morning? Oh yes. Most simply said, a lot happens. For one, Nostradamus has a new vision that, as he puts it, “changes everything.” Also, news of a significant death sets in motion events that will force Mary to make an impossible decision, and pronto, all while her deliciously devious mum (Private Practice‘s Amy Brenneman) plays puppetmaster in a way that must even impress Catherine.

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Preview: Emma’s New Life, Hook’s Mission and More Teases

At the end of Once Upon a Time’s midseason finale, why did Emma end up in New York City, Neal’s recent home, rather than Boston, her most recent place of residence outside of Storybrooke? –R.T.
Hook happens to raise that very issue in the March 9 midseason premiere – and Emma does have an explanation.

Can you give us a hint as to what Belle’s “plan” might be on Once Upon a Time? –Intarr
Belle’s plan to get the definitive 411 on Rumple is sparked by something she has come to realize about her man’s epic clash with Pan.

Can we get pictures, please, of the Once Upon a Time/puffy shirt contest…? –Monika
[Sigh] Yes. For the uninitiated: Back in December, I joked on Twitter about Prince Charming’s puffy shirt and how it must be true love if Snow puts up with it. Josh Dallas promptly challenged me to a “duel.” So when I’m on set last week, suddenly I hear his voice boom, “Mitovich, it’s on!” — and there Josh is, wearing the puffy shirt… and carrying a spare. And he wouldn’t interview until I had changed. The side-by-side is here, while the “action shot” is below.
MWMjosh_edit

I am a fan of Longmire and I want to know when and if it is coming back. This program has many fans and was very popular. So, what’s the problem? –Joann
There’s zero problem. Longmire was renewed back in November, and will return sometime this summer, being a summer series and all.

RELATED | Team Arrow Answers Your Qs About the Crowded Cave, Suicide Squad, Masked Sex and More

Could you ask Stephen Amell which Arrow episode he is most excited for us to see? –Catarina
“It’s a tie,” he answered, “between the end of 14 (“Time of Death”), and Episode 15 (“The Promise”). The end of 14 is one of those, ‘Oh my God, why can’t it be next week already?!’ situations.”

It is a sad day for NCIS fans, with the passing of Ralph Waite, who plays Gibbs’ dad. Will his passing mean that Jackson Gibbs has passed away as well, and will the writers fit it into an episode? –Jessica
It’s a safe bet that NCIS will acknowledge Waite’s passing with a proper on-screen storyline. But remember, when last I spoke to show boss Gary Glasberg, he was already sketching out the season finale. So the likely issue is when they can accommodate such an important story beat. Thus, I ask you: If it means giving Waite his most proper due, would you be OK if the show held off until Season 12? UPDATE: Never mind!

Some Castle crew and cast members have hinted on Twitter that this season will have 23 episodes. Can you get us confirmation from ABC? –Rida
‘Tis hereby double-secret officially confirmed — 23 episodes it is! What I cannot confirm is that the “bonus” episode is a planted spin-off for Pi, Fruitarian P.I.

PHOTOS | Castle‘s ‘Always’ Lip-Lock and More of TV’s Best Kisses Ever

Thanks for your awesome coverage of my favourite show Beauty and the Beast! Do you have scoop for Episode 16? With the title “About Last Night,” it seems it’ll be a sexy episode with VinCat getting together hopefully? –Stephanie
You mayyyyy be onto something. Airing March 10 as the winter finale, “About Last Night” will force VinCat to revisit a romantic destination from their past while Demi Moore watches Rob Lowe play softball. Hmm.

Do you have any intel you’re at liberty to share about the good Drs. Torres and Robbins over at Grey’s Anatomy? –Kirsten
This encounter is exactly as intense as it looks, the first steep drop in one roller coaster of an episode for the wives.

Do not cancel Betrayal. –Ruby
Oh, but I need for my fall TV prediction to at least partly come true!

Real questions, real answers. If there’s a show you’d like the Inside Line on, email InsideLine@tvline.com!

1. Toni says:

Matt, what this inquiring mind REALLY wants to know is – when can we expect a new episode of Spoiler Alert?!

2. SandraM says:

Ralph Waite was wonderful as Jackson Gibbs, and I will miss him a lot. I would be perfectly ok with waiting for Season 12 if it meant devoting an episode to his passing. He deserves to have it done right.

• Staci says:

Ditto. I’m happy to for it to happen in Season 12. Ralph Waite was amazing and deserves appropriate goodbye.

• John NYC says:

Yes, but a more prompt thank you closing credit acknowledging his passing would be nice rather than waiting until next year for that.

• Nancy says:

I will miss Ralph Waite dearly. While I was glad to see that NCIS almost immediately did a memorial to him, I would still love to see a really big Memorial to him. He was very instrumental in showing Jethro Gibbs young life so we could understand Gibbs better. Will miss you Ralph-you were a wonderful person and excellent actor.

3. Daniel says:

Would be perfectly fine to wait until season 12 to adress Waite’s passing. I wouldn’t want it to feel rushed in one of the final episodes of this season. Rather have it a storyline in the next season.

4. Lily says:

Thank God for the 23th episode of Castle! 22 is just not enough!!

• Rich Abey says:

Hell I was waiting for a 24 episode season!

• S. says:

As much fun as it is for us to get 24 episodes, it’s really hard on the writers because they get no break between one season and another when they do 24. Just doing 22 episodes is hard work so I can’t imagine what it’s like trying to get 2 more in there. They basically end up coming back to work on the next year without any time off and end up getting fried. Marlowe asked ABC to cap it at 23 last time for that reason. They must’ve liked how that worked out.

• Just one thing says:

Yeah, they were the first show to start production, and it looks like the crew and cast have worked nearly non-stop since then to accommodate their broadcast schedule. (Not that other ABC shows don’t work hard; it’s just different with their midseason breaks.)
          I can imagine they all are probably very close to reaching the peak of fatigue. Gotta respect the stamina of TV folks.

5. opus says:

Rather than waiting until season 12 to give Jackson Gibbs a proper goodbye, how about CBS giving NCIS an additional episode this season. Surely NCIS is doing well enough that CBS could afford to add one more show!

6. Disappointed says:

The idea of a Pi spin off has to be a joke right, nearly as bad as the pilot for Agent Beckett we had to endure. That was a waste of three episodes and this would be another one. Hardly worth buying the season 6 DVDs at this rate. In an interview sometime ago Marlowe claimed he had loads more episodes up his sleeve so where are they? Is there anyone who would tune in to watch Pi.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Joke.

• darjkr says:

Y so serious?

• John NYC says:

You just know he’d drive a Leaf…. same ‘stache, different car.

• Lynn says:

Frankly you obviously have no sense of humour!The Pi remark was a joke! as for What you call the Beckett pilot! millions of us enjoyed the stories and have enjoyed season 6 so far! Perhaps another show would suit you more!! just saying.

• Disappointed says:

Not where Pi is concerned, but I did actually get the joke. I think it’s a bit presumptious of you to claim that millions “enjoyed” the DC arc, cute trick, but don’t think you know me, and for your information I rewatch the DVDs and whenever it is on TV avidly, except for the final three of season 5 and the first three of season 6. Of course if they hadn’t followed those with episodes like Number One Fan and Smells Like Teen Spirit I might have given up after Still. Now I can’t wait for In The Belly Of The Beast.

• Just one thing says:

I don’t know… If you didn’t like the OBVIOUS back-door pilot for “Agent Beckett,” then I highly doubt you’re going to enjoy In The Belly of The Beast.
          I sincerely hope you do, though.

• Mary says:

Of course it´s a joke, I got it immediatly:) And when you say the first 3 episodes of the season were a waste you should add “IMO”. I, personnally enjoyed that plot very much and I´m loving season 6 – actually, can´t wait for the release of the DVDs to buy it!

• Disappointed says:

I thought it was obvious it was my opinion as I didn’t claim anyone else felt that way, and I’m happy you enjoyed it. I have friends who can’t stand Heartbreak Hotel, Cuffed and The Limey but we’re still friends.

• Mary says:

I know it´s your opinion, but the “WE had to endure” could suggest otherwise:)
          Anyway, thank God there are different tastes, or it would be boring:)
          And picking on your examples, I didn´t like Heartbreak Hotel, loved Cuffed and enjoyed The Limey very much – I know a lot of people hated this one, but I tought it was necessary in order for a C/B advancing:)

• Disappointed says:

I scratch my head sometimes when people say I didn’t like this ep or that one when they rank amongst some of my favourites, but as you say life would be boring if we all liked the same. I thought Heartbreak Hotel was a bit weak but, like you, I enjoyed the other two. I just didn’t like the fact that after all they’d been through Beckett had taken the DC job without discussing it with Castle and was prepared to let him walk away if he didn’t still want to be engaged thus forever tarnishing the proposal as far as I’m concerned. Even after we saw how much she missed him, the bathroom scene, and how much she didn’t like the compromises she was expected to make, the Def Sec being let off, she still didn’t know how to fix things when she thought he was going to break up with her in Need To Know, luckily the Feds got fed up with her and the rest is history as they say.

• missteff says:

(to disappointed) I would! just to see where it would go…..hahaha….I loved this season so far, and yes I loved how they came back to the regular Beckett, I did miss her in the first three eps, but I did enjoy the change something new, as for the “pi” character I didn’t really understand at all-to me just a fill in, it made me appreciate the others more. I can’t wait for the dvd’s (season 6) to come out, then I will get to watch them all again. what surprises await us next that is the question. one that I can’t wait for……

7. wrstlgirl says:

Loved your answer to the Longmire question :-) :-) Lordy, lol.

8. Alia says:

I sorry, I don’t want to say this because I LOVE the show. I like Skye but she is killing Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. slowly, they should end all her stories and move to another thing, I want to see more Agent Ward :P

• Daven C says:

Ward is the reason I won’t watch SHIELD. They could get rid of both of them and I would be perfectly happy. Give me more Melinda May kicking tail and I’ll come back.

• Katherine215 says:

Honestly, I’m not a fan of May, either. I’m not clear on why she’s so dour all the time. I get that she’s supposed to be this amazing agent, but does she have to be a crab about it? And maybe some character development to make me understand why she’s so great. The “cavalry” background story wasn’t that impressive, imo. I think I’m really just not invested in any of the characters, unfortunately. They all have their good moments, but none have been sustained long enough to make me care about them.

• Christina says:

I think it could stand to lose both Ward and Skye. Fitzsimmons ftw.

9. Linda says:

Oh how I wish they’d bring back the brilliantly funny, “Sean Saves The World’ – intelligent writing that makes us LOL – so rare

• rowan77 says:

I’m sorry, you used the terms “intelligent writing” and “Sean Save The World” in the same sentence and that has confused me. Could you be talking about another “Sean Saves The World’ because the one I’m thinking of felt stale, obvious and poorly written. The entire cast deserved far better than the material they were stuck with.

• Cory says:

The problem with Sean Saves the World is that everyone tuning in was in one way or another expecting Jack instead of Sean… and I think the show tried too hard to keep him from looking like that character.

10. c-mo says:

With the two Alexis-heavy episodes this season, one would think that the spin-off would star her. Although…maybe she didn’t completely extricate herself from Pi, maybe she and Pi will be the new Castle/Beckett. However, if she is going to take over her father’s role of crime-solving, I’d prefer she do it alone or find a male hottie at the precinct or elsewhere to be her Beckett because I am very fine with Pi being gone permanently.

11. Ana says:

Cannot wait for Once Upon A Time’s return!!!
    So excited to see what’s in store for everyone – especially Hook, who crossed realms for Emma. I love me a romantic hero who’s that selfless and guided by love.
    And very curious to see how Emma will deal with her double set of memories, once she remembers the truth…

• xav says:

bwahahaha. It only took a handful of comments to get the shipper stuff not even mentioned in.

• J. says:

He’s not the only one who crossed realms for her. I remember someone traveling from FTL to NL to find her. ;)

• the girl says:

I don’t mean to sound like I’m trying to destroy your ship, because I know how serious this Captain Swan ship can get, but… DID he cross realms out of true love? WAS his journey completely selfless? I seem to remember something like, your parents and family are in trouble, they need you to come home. Hook didn’t come for her simply because he loves her, he has an ulterior motive, and we don’t know what that is completely or how the supposed danger affects him, if at all – we don’t really know anything yet. Now, that’s not to say that he doesn’t love her or that they aren’t meant to be, because maybe he does and maybe they are. But let’s reserve judgment on his motives until we see some things begin to play out.

• jk1 says:

I think its shown that when you love them you find them!!! Hook has come to find her coz her family is in danger, he is being the man of honour and its good form… how many times has it been said for Emma, he would do anything – jeez even Tinkerbell says it out aloud to the audience in the last episode

• J. says:

I agree. He didn’t come find her right away. This is a year later and it seems to be because Emma’s parents, and most likely everyone, are in danger from the Wicked Witch and need Emma’s help because she’s the savior. If Hook wasn’t able to go get her, it would have been someone else. They need help.

Nothing against CS, but I feel like people are trying to make him finding her only about shipping and are ignoring what’s being said.

• Francine says:

Well said J, I completely agree with your logical post. I don’t have anything against shipping personally, but lets stick to facts and maybe see what happens first…

• Lily says:

@the girl
        This is not from a shipping perspective…. but Hook’s ulterior motive, is still selfless. He went to find Emma, because people she cares about are in danger. It does not matter if that danger affects him, or not. What matters is that Emma’s parents are in danger, and nothing else.

It is very possible the David and Mary Margaret did not want anyone to go find Emma, and just wanted her to live her new life. Not to mention, unless you are a mermaid, it is very hard to cross realms. That it took a year, is not surprising.

• JoRo says:

The thing is Hook went to find her is because he loves her and also coz her family is in danger, i assume Hook is with Charming and Snow most of the time in EF coz he is in their team and also Emma’s parents. But for him to go and find her is a huge thing and also then try a true love kiss, he think she is his true love… which doesnt work in memory loss as we know with the other true love couples. The fact that the finale was him finding her it ended on Emma and Hook! Thats big enough. (He;s pretty much chosen her time and time again, would risk his life, comes back to her, puts her first etc – all this was pretty much shown and told in the first half of season 3) Also Hook knows that deep down Emma would want her family back and things to be REAL because however much you look at it, Emma still thinks she is an orphan and so on… Hook is very much aware of this… he might of wanted her to be happy but its not real and Emma would want things to be real whatever the fight it… so yeah at the end of the day, its about getting Emma to her family and we see Hook the one to FIND her! They are the romantic pairing here with progression.

• Lily says:

Whether one ships CaptainSwan, or not; there is no denying, that Hook is truly in love with Emma. His “ulterior motive”, proves that much. Hook wants Emma to save HER FAMILY. The family who loves her, and wants her to be happy. Why does anyone care, if the Wicked Witch may also be a threat to him? She is a threat to everyone, in the Enchanted Forest.

This is not some silly competition between Hook and Neal. So, Hook got to New York first…. so what. Did it occur to some people, that the Wicked Witch may have already killed Neal? The creators said, there was a very legitimate reason it was not Neal, who found Emma. A lot can happen in a year…. this is not a stupid shipping war!

• ben says:

Hook would never take to you trying to destroy his ship.

• jk1 says:

I agree!!! Hook did it!!! They are the build up!!! With moments!

12. Andrea says:

“Thus, I ask you: If it means giving Waite his most proper due, would you be OK if the show held off until Season 12?”

I want Ralph Waite to have his proper due, but waiting until Season 12 better get us one heck of an episode…that happens in the Fall.

13. Mel says:

Super excited that OUAT is making the fact that Emma chose NYC, Neal’s recent home, a plot point. It was a nice nod to Swanfire, but I’m glad that Hook picked up on the connection enough to ask about it. Can’t imagine Emma could consciously realize it though.

• Lily says:

It might not have anything to do with Neal, but rather that guy Walsh.

• Mel says:

Maybe. But I imagine she went straight to NYC after driving away from storybrooke. Of course Emma won’t say anything about Neal in her answer – but the question mentioned Neal, and Hook asks her that “exact” question, so does Hook mention Neal when asking her why she moved there?

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Sorry, I edited the answer above; I replayed the scene and Hook doesn’t ask that ‘exact” question. I mis-remembered.

• Mel says:

Thanks for the clarification, Matt! So it’s a general, why NYC question, and Hook doesn’t mention Neal when asking about it. I guess I was giving Hook too much credit in that scenario! I’m interested to know why Emma chose NYC. Just a few more weeks.

• Lily says:

You do realize, that Emma still remembers that Neal is Henry’s biological father? She does not know that August, was the one who told Neal to leave her. Nor, that she encountered him in Manhattan…. and that she may have forgiven him, for breaking her heart. All Emma knows, is that Neal betrayed her, and threw her in prison…. which are not good memories.

14. Mel says:

I’m also excited for some Mellie goodness on Scandal. She’s my favorite character.

15. Andrew Hass says:

I do hope NCIS does acknowledge Ralph Waite’s death by having Gibbs’s father die.However to do it properly they should wait till next season or even have Gibbs find out in the season finale and it goes into next season with him grieving.

16. Hannah says:

I second that… Please don’t cancel Betrayal!!

17. spindae2 says:

Thanks for the scoop Matt!!!!! Was Amy so brilliant as Marie de Guise as I anticipate?

18. Jess says:

The fluffy shirt pic! That’s cute!

Thank you for the Belle spoiler. I feel like you’re the only one who doesn’t ignore the Belle fans. :)

Is she going to figure out Rumple is alive that quick? I thought it would be while. Can’t wait to see what her plan is!

• That picture literally made me laugh out loud for about 5 minutes. That is fabulous.

• ben says:

Me too. In a good way. As much as I have loved following Ausiello since long before TVLine, and amazing as basically ever TVLine reporter is, its little things like this that are making Matt my favourite of all. That’s a pretty incredible feat.

• Lily says:

I kind of have a feeling, that Belle figures out what might have happened to Rumplestiltskin, after talking to Aurora and Prince Phillip.

19. Joni says:

Yes, it’s more than OK if “NCIS” waits until Season 12 to deal with the death of Jackson Gibbs. The cast and characters deserve the chance to give him a proper “Fair Winds and Following Seas”

20. Carla Krae says:

Please let that BATB spoiler be Cat’s rooftop. That spot needs to be reclaimed in romantic fashion.

21. sarah says:

I do no see how they can have Hawaii Five 0 without Danny Williams. I know Scott Caan has been involved in the Entourage movie and plays he has written/produced. However I would like to think that Scott would not drop H50.
    I guess the powers that be at Covert Affairs do not want Annie and Auggie to be happy.

• Alisa Neely says:

i’m HOPING this is just a way of writing him OUT to do the movie….because i AGREE with you….H50 wouldn’t be a GOOD, without him…..i LOVE DANNY…..too dang bad, it ISN’T CATHERINE ROLLINS that is facing death……i’m SICK of her and she adds 0 to the show…..ALEX/STEVE don’t even look comfortable in scene with her……she was BETTER as RECURRING…..with LONG BREAKS in between showing up.

• miracle says:

As Peter Lenkov said, filming Entourage will not affect Scott’s appearance in H50. As far as I know, filming began in mid-January with a few scenes; the main part of the movie will be filmed as from mid-March. Filming H50 will probably end in two weeks, three at the least. (Filming second last episode 4.21 will begin Tuesday 25th.)

22. On CASTLE, how about a 2 parter episode (22/23) for the much awaited Spring Nuptials
    To end the Season 6 with a BANG,!!! It will be really memorable & generate ^ratings for
    Season 7 and continue on ………..the CASTLE Fandom will be blown away!,!

23. Sarah says:

Is this Hawaii Five-0 episode (19) the big McDanno bromance one you previously scooped?? I can’t remember which one you said it was!

24. David4 says:

Pi the P.I. spinoff would be the best! :)

• missteff says:

I would turn in just to see where that one would go, I think it was just be interesting…..I don’t really like/understand where he came from-and fits in the story…..anyway could work.

25. Sarah says:

Yay Belle! Fight to find your true love!

26. Priscillia says:

I over than fed up barriers between Annie and Auggie, I think season 4 was the last for me

27. Rich Abey says:

Thanks for the Castle scoop Matt and almost forgot…looking good in that puffy shirt!

28. Babybop says:

As long as Covert Affairs lightens it up a little bit. Last season was good, but it was really dark.

29. Erica says:

Josh Dallas is great; LOVE the puffy shirt gag & picture!

30. Sin Bella says:

Thank you for the Beauty & the Beast #BATB scoop, absolutely love the show & we cannot wait for our VinCat to get back together!!! Super excited and cannot wait for episode 16 now:)))…hopefully we will have some great VinCat moments on this episode to make the hiatus bearable!!! So happy right now!!

31. PFitzDC says:

LOVE the puffy shirt duel!!!!!

32. Pat says:

Oh that puffy shirt. Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode. Now, Matt all you have to do is go on the Tonight Show wearing that shirt!

33. tp says:

I’m more concerned with the dreaded Francis/Lola arc Reign is about to go on. I know Francis would want a lil payback but c’mon let Lola have a little loyalty to Mary when it comes to a guy. Mary needs to know her friends have her back at all times and not harbor secret feelings for her future husband.

34. Laura says:

Covert Affairs sorry enough is enough

35. Sandra Slack says:

Best news ever 23 episodes of my very favorite show Castle!!!!!

36. rose says:

Sad for Bash and Mary. I liked them together.

37. A says:

Love the Covert Affairs scoop! Thank you! I just wish you had said Eyal will be around all season long instead of this new guy

• Bashful says:

I’m sorry, but I find the news about Covert Affairs to be a huge insult to all the Eyal fans who have said after season three, and even more after season four, for Eyal to be a regular. It’s clear the show runners are so threatened by his character that they have to cut him out of the show as much as possible. Such a disappointment and really unfair to the Eyal fans.

• Svenska says:

I agree with you. Having Eyal around would renew my faith in the show. It’s just been going downhill with the dreadful Annie/Auggie “teenaged, angsty romance”. Annie Walker & Eyal Lavin are fantastic together! Auggie & Annie were much better off as friends.

• Becky says:

I’m sorry, but why in the WORLD would you bring on another guy for Annie? Hopefully, the only reason is because you now see that the whole Annie/Auggie relationship was just too much like a teenage CW show. I swear she reverted back to a 15 year old whenever she was around him. That being said, why not stop the whole pattern all together with bringing in a new guy ever year for Annie to have a relationship with? Move on and bring the show back as a spy show as it was in the beginning without a season long storyline. Now here is the most important part. BRING BACK EYAL! Oded and Piper make the show so much more interesting! Their acting together is wonderful and the chemistry is through the roof!! Slowly develop a storyline where they finally are together and having an “adult” relationship. She flew back and forth to be with Simon so she could do the same with Eyal and they could work together as well. Seeming them have a normal life together outside of the crazy job they have would add so much to the show. It seems to me that so many fans are basically begging you to bring Eyal back. If the reason is that Oded just can’t or does not want to do it then fine, but at least acknowledge that and let the fans know. If he is willing then BRING HIM BACK. The show is failing without him. The fans have spoken so please listen.

38. Leo says:

Oh Belle! My sweet badass librarian princess mayor beauty is here!! I loved the shirt duel!

39. jane.l.c says:

Another mysterious guy, how new and original for Covert Affairs.I really shouldn’t be surprised after last season that they would do this. Once again Annie will struggle with trusting a new hot mysterious guy, is he good, can she trust him or is he just another a bad guy using her. After last season I’m not sure if her and Auggie are together or not but I’m pretty sure this will be just another hurdle for them and to prolong the whole will they wont they end up happy together(even though they did already get together). I’m sure this season will be her struggle with coming out of the dark being all angsty, struggling with her feeling for the new guy and Auggie, wondering if she can have a relationship with Auggie after last season, wondering if she can be the old Annie again(she’ll probably be like that Annie’s gone, I don’t think I can go back and be her anymore) and like always Ignoring Joan and Auggie who constantly try to help her out but in the end Annie’s almost always “right”(sigh) so what does it all matter anyway. Oh and probably a “surprise” appearance by Eyal somewhere in the season. It’s really getting old. I’ll probably tune in just to see where they’re going but I don’t know if ill stick around for the whole season. I really do hope this season is better.

• Svenska says:

I don’t know about you, but the show is much better when Eyal and Annie are together. There is a palpable electricity between them and the storylines are better too. Covert Affairs seems to be struggling. Sometimes they get it right and other times, not at all. Last season…not so great.

• Bashful says:

It seems as if the show runners haven’t found their niche with the show, yet they’ve had four seasons to try and get it right. As you said, sometimes they do get it right, other times they miss the mark by a long shot. The show does indeed seem to be struggling, and the solution, to the show runners at least, is to bring on a new character every season to apparently spice things up and cause drama. The fans have said what works and what doesn’t work, so why would the show runners ignore that? Why bring on a completely new character as a regular AGAIN? It’s one thing to say this new guy will be a recurring character because he has a season-long story arc, but to make another brand-new character a regular? And yet another love interest for Annie? It really doesn’t make sense to me at all.

• Ro says:

And of course the new guy will be compelled by Annie’s magical veejayjay to fall for her as every single man on the show is.

40. Krissi G says:

Scott Speedman would be a great choice for McQuaid on Covert Affairs… But first he needs to finish up Underworld!!!!

41. Hmm says:

Thank you thank you thank you for BatB scoop! This season has been seriously lacking in awesome VinCat scenes. I’m over the “I pretend I’m over Vincent” story. I WANT CW TO KEEP THIS SHOW.

42. Kathie Menker says:

Thank you for the Related–Castle’s “Always” lip-lock link! I just went through half a box of tissues watching the love scenes. I always cry,no matter how often i’ve seen them. The scene after Kate leaves the precinct and wanders in the rain, while Alexis gives her speech (a tear-jerker in itself) and ends up at Castle’s door always does me in. Then I found the link to stills from the show and what looks like paintings of Rick and Kate , mostly entwined with each other, with a beautiful song playing in the background–WHEW! Now I’m fanning myself, lol.

43. Priscillia says:

I agree with jane.l.c

44. Christel Nelson says:

I hope that this new type for Annie is a bad guy and that this is just a mission, but I’m glad that this either not Eyal because I is never ship Annie and Eyal, and I think that in the end Annie will return with Auggie

• Svenska says:

I seriously hope that Annie moves on from Auggie.

• Bashful says:

Eyal is a much better match for Annie, both personally and professionally.

• Becky says:

I agree. Annie needs an adult relationship and someone who grounds her. Auggie doesn’t do that and he is really quick to cheat on her.

• The Evil One says:

While I don’t hate the Auggie character, i never saw any chemistry or bought into the belief that they should be a couple. After all, aren’t the actors who portray them supposed to convince the viewing audience that that A&A were meant to be together? And how many comments were made from non-Eyal fans about the that relationshop during the last season about how anti-climatic that it was. Hard to buy into the dynamics of a couple when even the actors aren’t buying it.
      So rather than bring in an established obvious character to play Annie’s bad guy/frenemy, they decided to bring in a mystery dude and tout that instead….
      Color me unimpressed.

• Becky says:

I think Annie and Auggie could have worked in the first season, but not anymore. It is true that the actors are supposed to convince the audience that they belong together, but like you said, even they can’t sell it. Even non Eyal/Annie fans are starting to want Eyal back.

• Bashful says:

It’s not just the actors who aren’t buying into it either. It was said in an interview that the crew finds it awkward to film Annie and Auggie being together – they think it’s weird because they’re just too close as friends. So if the cast and crew aren’t convinced by it, how are they supposed to convince an audience? Majority of the fans haven’t bought it, and to keep pushing something that just isn’t there, especially when your own cast and crew aren’t convinced by it, means it’s time to move on from it.

45. Audrey says:

DWTS There is very little on TV now that I enjoy watching, if it isn’t broke why try to fix it. Fix the way voting was being done so the real dancers would have a chance to win and remove those that could not,. It is so much crap on TV now remove some of it.

46. sticks says:

This news about Covert Affairs is not good news for the show, by any means. It’s clear that by adding yet another series regular, the show runners hope to boost ratings and viewership (which were down significantly in season four). New blood is not the answer to the problems the show has. Bringing on another new MALE character seems like a desperate attempt by the show runners to bring new fans to the show while deliberately ignoring their current fans, especially fans who have supported the show since the pilot. Adding this new character, who appears to be another love interest for Annie, is unfair and insulting to the fans. No one has ever said that they want to see a new character added to the show, nor did the fans say they wanted to see Annie attracted to another guy. Covert Affairs has two huge fanbases, which are the biggest of the show: the Auggie/“Walkerson” fanbase and the Eyal fanbase. By bringing on a new MALE series regular, the show runners have let down both of their major fanbases. They’ve offended the Eyal fans, because for yet another season, they’ve refused to make Eyal a regular—first, they chose to add Calder to the show as a regular in season for, and now there’s this new character added as a regular in season five. As someone already pointed out, fans have been saying since the end of season three that they want to see Eyal as a regular—the demand from the fans increased significantly after season four. By completely ignoring the Eyal fans, and bringing the character on for only three minutes in season four, has shown that the show runners really don’t value Eyal, or Oded Fehr at all, and will only use him “when they have to” or BECAUSE they have to. As someone said elsewhere, Eyal is their “ace.” They know how many fans support Eyal, but they’ll only use him when they need him instead of integrating him into the show more. The show runners claim in interviews that they know how popular Eyal is and how important he is to the show, but actions speak louder than words—they can say such wonderful things about Eyal, but by deliberately keeping him the shadows for all of three minutes in season four, it shows how little they value such an influential and important character. How insulting when the character has brought so much to the show, and made the show worth watching when he’s on. And how unfair for Oded when he’s been on this show since the first season, and has been “shafted” again when it comes to being a series regular. The pleas from the Eyal fans have fallen on deaf ears, which is becoming more clear are ears that don’t want to hear anything positive about Eyal. Echoing what someone else already said, they really seem that threatened by Eyal/Oded’s popularity and appeal that they’d rather keep him in the shadows instead of using such a tremendous asset to the show on a regular basis. I doubt the show runners would be that foolish to ignore a character the fans clearly love so much, but it’s difficult to think otherwise when the character goes from frequent appearances and a significant story arc in season three, to a single, brief appearance in season four. Apart from upsetting the Eyal fans, they’re also toying with the “Walkerson” fans. It seems that their intent is to use this new character to drive Annie and Auggie apart. It’s going to anger the “Walkerson” fans, because those fans do not want anyone or anything coming between Annie and Auggie. Now, I’m not saying that I support the “Walkerson” relationship, because I don’t, but I’m pointing out that by toying with the fans, causing drama and angst for them and ultimately pissing them off, it really does seem like the show runners don’t care about their fans AT ALL. Thinking that the fans going to love what they produce on the show, or that watching the fans get all riled up is entertainment for them, it’s complete lack of respect and loyalty to the fans. It’s clear that even though the fans have spoken about what they want to see on the show, “the powers that be” have their own agenda and are going to stick to it, stringing the fans along, teasing them with things they want to hear will happen on the show, but probably will never come to fruition. Not listening to the fans when they’ve made it clear what they want to see, and thinking that they know better than the fans, is a huge mistake. The fans are what keep shows on the air, through ratings, viewership, and support for a show. It’s such a disappointment for this show, which was once so reliant on their fan feedback to cater the show to what the fans wanted to see, seem like the fans are completely irrelevant. I hope the comments from the upset fans are forwarded to the show runners so they’re aware of how their fans feel.

• Bashful says:

At this stage, what needs to happen is an Eyal spinoff. This character, which is hugely popular among the fans, is so much better than just sitting on the sidelines, waiting for the moment when the show runners want to use him to boost their viewership or ratings for an episode or two. An Eyal spinoff is perfect because instead of the Eyal fans being disappointed week by week, knowing that Eyal won’t be appearing, they’ll have the pleasure of seeing their favorite character on their screens every week. If the show runners at Covert Affairs would be worried about an Eyal spinoff being more popular than CA, it won’t matter. They clearly have no intention of utilizing Eyal properly on CA anyway; and if fans stop watching CA and tune into an Eyal spinoff instead, then it’s another clear sign that the CA people didn’t use Eyal properly and that they shouldn’t have underestimated his appeal or his fans. Plus, Eyal’s the most genuine, realistic spy on CA, so seeing him star in his own show would be exciting for the fans. Eyal also has the fanbase to support it, so why not make it happen? There could still be crossovers between CA and an Eyal spinoff, so why not do something genius like creating Eyal’s own show? Like sticks said, Eyal has one of the biggest fanbases of CA, and the show runners are crazy not to utilize that! Seriously, if you want a “Jason Bourne-like TV show,” give Eyal a spinoff. THAT would be TV worth watching!

47. Priscillia says:

Producers have seen that it does not work to put someone between Annie and Auggie and they still continue to do

• Bashful says:

Every character who’s “come between” Annie and Auggie has been killed off the show – Jai, Simon, Helen, Teo, etc. How is that “not working”? I think it’s the fans who see that, not the producers. If they knew it, they wouldn’t do it. There’s a reason they put barriers between them, and it’s not just to cause drama and angst for the fans. Why else would they give Annie a new potential love interest in season five?

• Priscilla says:

I do not know, probably to prolong the series over several years

• BridezillaQueenofthedesert says:

“I don’t know…” Hmmmmm, someone obviously loves swimming in a certain river in Egypt, but that’s okay. An Auggie fan should stick up for their fav flavor du jour hunk for Annie. Still I can’t help but wonder just how many times the runners for the show will spin that wheel as they struggle to find the right romantic opposite for Annie.
          And please…while it was a nice dream/interlude/whatever, it ain’t Auggie.

48. Kathie Menker says:

Scary Castle episode tonight with a lot of familiar faces from other shows–Carlos Gomez from The Glades (still mad about its cancellation), Kenny Johnson from Saving Grace and many other appearances since then. I was really slow on the uptake not to remember that Jonathan Adams’ character would recognize Beckett as a detective since she almost put him through a wall during an interrogation when he taunted her about her mother. He was a good guy as the early director of the Jeffersonian on Bones, but has played bad guys since.
    I got a lump in my throat at the note Kate left Rick in the heating duct. I wondered if there was more to the alleged package deliverer when Beckett got kidnapped, but holy crap! An assassin! Loved the quick thinking to fake the murder, but it would take a lot more time to set the scene and not get ketchup and beet juice on herself. Oh well, we always have to suspend belief at times in any show, lol.
    I couldn’t believe when only Kate immediately realized who was amassing all that money.Obviously it had to be Bracken. It’s probably too much to ask that he ends up in the ground where he really wants Beckett, in spite of sparing her this time.

49. viewer says:

Covert Affairs casting suggestion: Adam Garcia. He previously starred with Piper on a movie.