Walking Dead Recap: Where Are They Now?

Downton Abbey Season 4 Carol ReturnsIn this week’s episode of The Walking Dead, not only do we learn the fates of all of the prison refugees who aren’t Rick, Carl and Michonne, but we’re also reunited with two characters that we couldn’t be sure we’d ever see again, and we meet the TV version of a fan favorite from the comics. So what are we waiting for? Let’s get our recap on!

RELATED | 2014 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Cancelled? What’s Returning? What’s on the Bubble?

THE ODD COUPLE | As “Inmates” opens, we hear a bittersweet Beth voiceover — a diary entry about her hopes for her new home at the penitentiary — and see her and Daryl participating in a Zombie Fun Run minus the fun part. Later, though she’s eager to locate other survivors of the Governor’s siege, her traveling companion is… let’s say less inclined to do so. And he might have the right idea, too. When he finally acquiesces and helps Beth follow some tracks, she’s soon made to regret it: They happen upon a walker feeding frenzy! (Because, on this show, it’s never a cocktail party or a Zumba class, is it? Always a feeding frenzy!)

FANCY MEETING YOU HERE | Elsewhere, Lizzie and Mika are on the move with Tyreese, who — in a moment that has to make you smile — turns around to show us that Judith is in his arms, safe and sound! Okay, maybe not ENTIRELY safe: Her crying draws walkers like dubstep does club kids. Anyway, when Tyreese dashes off to investigate a scream — it’s the doomed folks who are zombified by the time Beth and Daryl interrupt their lunch in this out-of-order hour — Lizzie seems poised to smother Judith to keep her quiet, and antsy Mika fires at a walker and misses its head. Hearing the shot, Tyreese fears the worst. But — hurrah! — Carol has found them! (Okay, technically less excited about Carol finding the girls than just having Carol back. Nonetheless… ) Since Tyreese doesn’t know that Rick banished Carol, much less why, he’s so thrilled to see her that he hugs her. Soon, the group finds a makeshift sign for a place called Terminus. Its slogan? “Those who arrive, survive.” Hmm…

PHOTOS | Deathwatch: 24 Characters Who (Probably) Won’t Make It Out of 2014 Alive

THE BUS STOPS HERE | In yet another location, Bob and Sasha refuse to let Maggie set off in search of Glenn on her own — if she’s going after him, they’re going with her. And in no time, we arrive at a major good news/bad news scenario. The trio quickly find the bus on which Glenn escaped from the prison (great), but it’s full of walkers (significantly less great). BUT, none of the walkers are Glenn! (Which maybe makes it a good news/bad news/KINDA good news scenario?) “They were good people,” says Bob after he, Maggie and Sasha have rekilled the walkers. “All of them.” And, as simple as the line is — as eulogies go, it ain’t much — it’s still pretty nice that he acknowledges that, until very recently, the blood-thirsty horde they just dispatched was their friends and cellmates.

DESPERATE TIMES | In the episode’s last vignette, we discover that Glenn has doubled back to the prison in search of Maggie. Failing to find her, he’s about to try to part a sea of walkers and leave when he spots a despondent Tara, who readily admits, “I was part of this” disaster. Regardless, he recruits her for a tag team effort to make it out of the gate. On the road, she inadvertently breaks it to him that Hershel is dead. (And, for those keeping score, so is Lilly.) “I’m a piece of s—. Why would you want my help?” she asks. “I don’t want it,” he replies. “I need it.” But, before they can make any headway in their hunt for Maggie (who he sweetly refers to as his wife), they are — as will happen — attacked by walkers. When Glenn passes out after Round 1, Tara defends him, then notices that a military vehicle has pulled up in front of them. “Hope you enjoyed the show, a–holes,” she shouts. And out steps new cast member Michael Cudlitz as Sgt. Abraham Ford. “You’ve got a damn mouth on you,” notes the tough guy (flanked by two sidekicks). “What else ya got?”

PHOTOS | 10 Walking Dead Comic Book Characters We Want to See on the TV Series

Okay, your turn. What did you think of the episode? Were you surprised to find out that Judith survived? Hit the comments!

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Recaps

1. alistaircrane says:

Good to hear that Carol is back. I haven’t watched since Rick banished her, so now I can watch again.

• Seriously??? says:

Yeah, because wise leadership decisions that are made with the intentions of keeping everyone alive and not starting a mini war within your own camp are clearly reason enough to stop watching a show. Dumbest comment I’ve read in ages.

• MLO says:

alistaircrane is becoming somewhat known for his dumb comments.

• alistaircrane says:

You’re ridiculous. Rick went back to his Ricktatorship and became an extreme hypocrite in the process. Also, why watch a show when your favourite character has been written out? I don’t put up with bull$#!t.

• Seriously??? says:

You don’t put up with bull$#!t? You must be totally unaware of most of the stuff you post on here then…

So you’re okay with Carol taking it into her own hands to kill off fellow survivors in the slight hope of stopping a disease she didn’t really understand, despite the fact that she wasn’t sure how the illness was being spread or if there was a cure for them available, but you’re not okay with Rick making a choice that allowed her to not only get away with what she did but also prevent the others from having to choose which side they took in the inevitable upheaval that was going to happen if she had stayed at the prison?

Guys, if there ever happens to be a real zombie apocalypse, can I suggest that we don’t let alistaircrane make any leadership decisions. We’ll all be dead in a week!

• QueenNymeria says:

She wasn’t written out. She’s been written IN you fool. Going by the comics she should be dead already. It’s was so obvious she was coming back. Don’t you understand how these things work. This is TV land and if they keep a character in it because the have plans for them. Also Kirkman’s philosophy is the more loved the character the more gruesome their demise. Carols death in the comic was so shocking. No way he would miss that out and keep her around just to banish her. That’s lame. If you are that fickle about a brilliantly written tv show, I think you should stop watching.

• QueenNymeria says:

• Andy says:

Although I wouldn’t stop watching Walking Dead if my favorite character were written out, it’s not a stupid reason if that’s his. Also, Rick didn’t banish Carol to keep the group safe; he did it specifically to keep Carl and Judith safe. This is why Rick is not an effective leader. His children will always come first over the greater good. If he wanted to keep the group safe, he would’ve forgiven Carol and kept her around; she has no personal attachments, her focus is solely on the good of her people. Carol, as she is written now at least, is ten times the leader Rick could ever aspire to be.

• Teeny Bikini says:

@Andy. Exactly. +10000

• azu says:

Are you a parent? If so I pity your kids coz you are the type to leave them with a serial killer nanny!! Lizzie and her foster mum, carol are both psychopaths!! Poor baby Judith!! They may both decide to strangle Judith for”the good of the group” poor Rick and Carl.

• Andy says:

No, I’m not a parent. But for the record, I’m not saying it’s a bad thing that Rick puts his children above all else. I’m saying it clouds his judgment in being a good leader. Carol is better equipped to make the tough decisions that Rick cannot.

• azu says:

Great parenting by psycho carol. She and her equally psycho daughter just might strangle Judith for”the good and safety of the group”

• Sophia B. says:

Love you Andy. You said what I was unable to say. LOVE Carol and so happy she is back. I screamed with joy when I say her, my son had to calm me down. Just the way I screamed with joy when Shane was killed. I would have to add Rick was even going to welcome the Gov. to the prison saying we all can live together, we can come back. That right there made me dislike Rick and his hypocrisy. He could forgive the Gov. but not Carol!? And when he told the Gov. he wasn’t in charge anymore there was a council, wasn’t Carol on that dang council and he just kicked her out with out even talking to them. He just used the council as excuse. I just had hoped that Carol was the one to save Judith and find Rick and Carl so she could say “In your face Rick!”.

• Andy says:

I don’t really think hypocrite is the right word for Rick’s ability to forgive the Governor and not Carol because, in my opinion, his offer to the Governor was less about forgiveness and more about a desire to protect Hershel and Michonne. Carol, on the other hand, was only a threat to those that were a threat to the prison’s survival, so with her, he was able to put aside any sense of urgency and instead be like, “My kids are the most important thing in the world to me. I can’t have you around them.” While I can agree with that imagining myself in his shoes, full-on banishment was both excessive and foolish.

• azu says:

Rick’s major issue is the fact that carol was not remorseful of killing Karen and David. That lack of remorse is scary!! Was anybody safe at all? It was stupid and unnecessary!! Any right thinking person would know that quarantining the sick, not outright murder, is the right thing to do in these situations. Certainly does not show any great leadership qualities! If you can celebrate carol’s actions as good leadership, then you might as well give Hitler an award because the reason he killed hundreds of thousands of Jews in his mind was justifiable.now, whether Carol actually did the killings herself or she’s covering for Lizzie, she’s just as culpable! don’t like her at all

• Andy says:

Are you really comparing Carol to Hitler? Hitler massacred the Jews for no reason other than they were Jewish. Carol murdered two people in hopes that their deaths would contain a lethal virus that could’ve been the death of everyone at the prison. If you can honestly find balance in those crimes, you’re pretty sociopathic yourself.

• rick mama says:

Hitler = Carol. What an insult to all the Jewish people that died in the holocaust.

• Children stop arguing. This discussion turned in a bad way. Both rick and carol are imperfect heroes. One is not better than the other. Neither is like Hitler. The end.

• yeah seriously !!! says:

It’s just a story and the actors are amazing. People like you that get so bent out of shape and attack others opinions make me laugh….keep commenting
        Bahhhh ha ha ha

• Teag says:

Dumb reason to stop watching.

• Austin says:

LMAO this ^

I’ll second that.

• alistaircrane says:

Not at all. Why watch the show when my favourite character was written out? No thank you.

• Lorraine says:

You would have realized if you kept watching that Carol was NOT written out. Melissa McBride continued to be included in the credits. Obviously they were not finished with her story arc, and she would make an appearance.

• Andy says:

To be fair, Scott Wilson and David Morrissey are still in the credits, too, and both are definitely dead. Sarah Wayne Callies was still in the credits for all of season three after being killed off in episode four of sixteen. Jeffrey DeMunn and Jon Bernthal were in the credits for the episodes of season two that followed their deaths. The fact that Melissa McBride was still credited didn’t necessarily mean she’d be back on the show.

• Carolisback! says:

And, just because neither Rick nor Daryl are done with her, doesn’t mean Carol isn’t done with the show. T- Dog and Merle never had a scene after their downfall from season 1. Neither did Patricia and Shane after Otis.

• Lorraine says:

Andy, I never thought about that when I made my point. You’re right. Okay, I retract my passive-aggressive comment.

• Keith says:

Carol was never off the show.It was pretty much known she would be back and Carol was only gone 3 episodes(not counting the two that just featured the Governor).

• Sophia B. says:

The one thing with the walking dead you never no who will live or not. So for all he knew she could be gone for good.

• Guest says:

The whole point to send Carol away was so that Rick wouldn’t see her die, so to never see her again was within the realm of possibilities.

• Alan says:

you’re kidding right? deaths do not count on tv unless they are shown onscreen, anyone who thought she was actually dead needs to watch more tv.

• wrstlgirl says:

Anyone who thought Carol was gone for good just doesn’t get the whole purpose of that episode. There was no way she wasn’t going to be back. I also think it’s convenient that all the Rick bashers are forgetting that she admitted to the killings and also said she was not sorry. Rick had no choice but to send her on her way and she knew it. Look, I like Carol but she didn’t put up much of a fight when Rick sent her away, she knew he was doing what he thought he had to do. Ironically she’s now with the man that Rick was protecting her from which could ultimately be her end.

• Guest says:

Problem is: Rick didn’t send Carol away because of what she did, euthanasia notwithstanding the episode was pretty clear Rick sent her away because he couldn’t bear the thought of what Tyreese or the Council would do to her.
            If he wanted her gone, all Rick had to do was bring her to Tyreese (as he was told to), but because Rick wanted her safe he sent Carol away. He did this for himself. And I want to see them together because I want him to admit to her that he was weak. She earned that much.

• tealeaves says:

Did you really stop watching because of that? She was alive and well last time we saw her. I don’t think it was a huge surprise that the character was not gone for good.

• untolerable to ignorance says:

Dumb
      You don’t deserve to be watching TV ever. Go back under your rock.

• Carolisback! says:

I just want to see Rick eat his words when he sees her, not only handling Tyreese, but with one of the children he swore he wouldn’t have her with.

And then I want to see Daryl’s reaction to Rick’s reaction to Carol. Either way, She’s BACK!

• wrstlgirl says:

I don’t think it will be all that. A lot of people though Daryl was going to go off on Rick when he found out and what happened. nothing. He stood by Rick and I expect he always will.

• Seriously??? says:

Daryl was clearly upset but I think part of that was down to finding out what Carol had done. Ultimately he knew that Rick was right and that Carol had made her own choices.

• Carolisback! says:

The point with Daryl is that he didn’t question Carol’s choices either, Rick was one thing, but the heart of the matter is: Daryl was never against Carol’s choice in all this. He even said he could’ve handled Tyreese himself.
            And the point with Rick is that he said he wouldn’t have Carol with Judith – or Carl – even if they are the only ones left alive. And lo and behold, Carol is with Judith.

• wrstlgirl says:

That’s the way I see it also. Daryl WAS questioning Carol’s decision to do what she did and when Rick told him she admitted it he was upset and shocked. So yes, @Carolisback he was against what she did. I am not surprised in the least that Carol found Tyreese and the children, including Judith. That’s drama and a bit predictable. A lot of people think that Carol will die at the end of this season, ultimately killed by Tyreese. We’ll see. I’m still not 100% convinced that she did the actual killing.

• Carolisback! says:

The way I see it, Daryl only stayed because the Governor attacked the prison and there’s no way to tell what he would’ve done if that wasn’t the case.
            Rick, on the other hand, had more than enough time to see what actually happened to Carl and Judith once he didn’t have Carol with him. And the show still hasn’t answered whether Rick sent her away because he couldn’t deal with what Tyreese could do to her.

• alistaircrane says:

Agreed! I think when Daryl and Carol reunite this time, we will finally get a kiss from them. Crossing my fingers!

• Seriously??? says:

Oh right, now I remember you! The one who only watches Doctor Who because of his Ten/Rose shipping fetish. Now it starts to make sense! Post apocalypse zombie survival show and you want to see a kiss? Really?

• Carolisback! says:

I’m just glad to see that Rick kept her watch in the middle of the chaos. If Daryl also kisses Carol that’s just a bonus.

• Sophia B. says:

I dearly hope so too, but it may never happen. I just wanted her back and redeemed.

• Guest says:

If there has ever been a woman Daryl feels strongly about to kiss that is Carol. Question is whether he’ll reunite with her before Rick does (Grimmes is kind of the alpha dog of the show).

• Sophia B. says:

I have to agree, I think Daryl has a stronger male/female bond with Carol than anyone. Even if they never end up together. Not sure if we will get to see a reunion this season and if we do it may be the last show, you know those down right dirty cliff hangers that keep us talking until they come back for a new season.

• A.B. says:

Except how do you explain the rat that was dissected? If Rick remembers and if it made any impact how can he explain that. Tyress already believed that who ever did that to the rat did it to his girlfriend and of coarse Carol was already gone so that should make Rick pause for a bit and question her more after his first shocked reaction. And I’m going to probably be in the minority but I think Bob is the one who did the killing and the rat, not Lizzie. He seems off somehow.

• BiggestFanOfTheShow says:

I disagree. Bob may be a stupid drunk, but he did not kill baby rabbits for fun. That novel “honor” goes to weird Lizzie.

• Rain388 says:

I actually stopped watching for a few episodes after that as well but then gave in to watch the finale to see if they finally killed off the stupid Govenor. So happy I did since the reveal of Carol being back with part of the group this weekend was fantatic!!

• azu says:

No my dears I’m not a sociopath!! I just feel bad when people do horrible things without feeling bad about it. Maybe I shouldn’t have equated carol with Hitler. I only tried to make a point about the fact that people so very easily try to justify themselves when they do things that are just plain wrong. I remember when some people were actually upset when they showed how Rick had to slaughter the pigs. So if we can feel bad when those pigs had to die, why is there so little regard for the outright murders of Karen and David? I sure apologize for upsetting you this much with the Hitler comparison wasn’t my intention. My people have also passed through a terrible phase with slave trade and colonization so no I am not a sociopath. Unfortunately history is made up of people who justify wrong doings and of course they also have people who support their actions

2. raven64 says:

Omg! I think lil Lizzie maybe appropriately named cuz I thought she had a murderous look in her eyes

3. Mare says:

YAY Carol is back!!!

4. Mare says:

Oh, and I forgot: Yay, Judith isn’t dead!

5. Ed says:

Wow Lizzy had that psycho look in her eye. I still think it was her who killed Tyreses girlfriend and that guy and Carol covered it up.

• Lorraine says:

Yes, I so agree with that. I also think Lizzie faked being sick. I wonder if Carol saw Lizzie smothering Judith and covered it up too, or if Lizzie stopped murdering babies before Carol was able to catch her in the act?

• tamihagglund says:

I so think that Lizzie (Lizzy?) did the killing and Carol covered it up. I think she was less freaked out that Tyreese might come at her and more knowing the gravity of the situation of having the real killer, her alibi to cover it up, and Tyreese all as a road crew.

Also, to the people who are angry that Judith is alive–seriously? This show is super careful and meticulous with details (Lizzy’s rabbit carnage, anyone?) so the fact that the car seat was unbuckled was a HUGE duh. And if they killed a baby we would KNOW. They might be careful about what they show but there would be no guessing game.

• Lyn12 says:

So, Carol is a psychopath as well? I would rather think she has a blind spot to the budding murderer’s potential than think she would cover up the girl’s horrible behavior and encourage her to continue!

• A.B. says:

I know I’m in the minority but I don’t think Lizzie did it. It seems to easy. I believe it is Bob who did the killings. He seems more mysterious out of everyone. But that’s my opinion.

• tamihagglund says:

I also feel like something is odd about Bob, but it seems really misleading to have Lizzie dissecting bunnies in secret yet in plain view and have her not be the one who dissected the rat. There’s gentle mid guiding for effect but then there’s plain doesn’t make sense and the writers of this show are better than that. Just my opinion, though.

• humouran says:

In the comics, there were twin brothers, not two sisters. One of the twin boys was a murderous psychopath.

6. I don’t think Lilly is dead. Not showing it was a bit suspicious to me. What if Tara only thought she saw her die but the new people saved her and she’s at their camp?

• Guest says:

I just want to see more of the guy that said she has a damn mouth

• Same but I have a soft spot for Lily. It seems a total raw deal to lose your kid, be the one to kill the Governor, and then get eaten alive by a pack of zombies. Tara’s fun. I’d like it if someone in her family survived.

• tamihagglund says:

I could totally see it either way–on the one hand, totally never think someone is dead that we don’t for sure see to be absolutely dead. On the other hand, that shot of her standing over the Governor and killing him is a killer one to be the last one we ever see of her.

• Spencer says:

I was thinking the exact same thing! On Walking Dead, you can’t really trust anything unless you see it happen (Judith, anyone?)

7. Katt says:

CAROL Ive missed you! So happy you are back!

8. Rose says:

I may be alone on this, but I’m actually pretty disappointed that Judith is still alive. Carol is back which is great, and can’t wait to see more of the three new characters we were introduced to tonight!

9. allcrow says:

Glenn didn’t double back to the prison to look for Maggie. He woke up at the prison after being knocked out by the explosion on the catwalk when the Governor and his group attacked the prison. So happy Carol is back! Yay!

10. Guest says:

Carol!!!
    I can’t wait to see the look on Rick’s face when he sees her with Tyreese! Or when he sees her holding Judith!

• wrstlgirl says:

He’s going to be very happy to see both her and Judith. He will also be extremely grateful to Tyreese for saving Judith at the prison.

• Carolisback! says:

I want to see Rick’s reaction to Carol and Judith so badly! Ever since Lori died, Rick seemed to take Carol for his children’s mother figure (he even yells her name with the same tone he yelled Lori’s).

11. Kudlitz! Poor Tyrese – stuck with the 2 girls and the baby.

12. Studz says:

When Abraham showed up at the end, I grinned like a child. This half of the season has already been miles ahead of 4A. I’m actually excited for the next episode of Walking Dead for the first time in a very long while.

13. shelly says:

So glad baby Judy is alive!!! Wth with little psycho girl…super creepster!!!

14. omar says:

Beth and Daryl.
    I love their story. So good and it was like 80% Beth <3

Tyresse and the girls… and Carol.
    I knew Judith was alive. I just knew it. I didn't like how they bring Carol back. and OMG what's wrong with Lizzie!? One HUGE question: Where are the other 2 little kids?! The boy and the girl!

Maggie and Sasha and Bob.
    Everytime that I was watching to Bob with a smile on his face I wanted to punch him! Go Maggie and Sasha! What happened with the people on the bus? I saw like 10 walkers and one human with a hole in her head.

Glenn and Tara.
    I'm so sad. Lily is dead, I was hoping to see her again.

Abraham, Rosita and Eugene arrived!!! :D Damn, Rosita is hot like in the comics!

• omar says:

Luke and Molly. I just remembered their names.

• alistaircrane says:

Bitch needs to keep her hands off Carol’s man.

• Alan says:

oh god i hate shippers, suck the fun out of everything for everyone else.

• wrstlgirl says:

Hahahaha, they are never satisfied. Even if their ship happens then they complain that it’s not being written good enough, up to their expectations. Then they get mad at the show for “ruining their favorite characters”. They must be very lonely, unhappy people.

• rick mama says:

You must not have much going on in your life if you have to write such garbage about others.

• wrstlgirl says:

You know what they say about one man’s garbage. I’m entitled to my opinion just like everyone else is on here.

• Rick Mama says:

Yes you are intitled to your opinion. But why do you and others on here (Alan) have be nasty to others that are expressing their opinion. If you have nothing good to say, don’t say anything at all. Or if you MUST disagree with some one on here, why can’t you do it in a construtive way. You would achive much better results with honey rather than using vinegar (your words). Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Matthew 7:12

Preach.

• Rick Mama says:

You just proved my point. I put that on my reply just to see what others would say. No matter what any one puts on this site that you and others on here do not agree with you want to to attack them. So thank you.

• Alan says:

its not garbage, its the truth. just take a look at any article about castle or ncis on this site and you will have all the evidence you need.

• wrstlgirl says:

RM – did you not attack me? You rudely commented on my comment to someone else. I wasn’t talking to you so who started this tiff anyway. Sheesh.

• rick mama says:

If you felt like I was attacking you, let me apologies. That truly was not my attention. I was trying to draw your attention to the fact it doesn’t feel good to be made fun of or belittled for your thoughts no matter what your thoughts happen to be. So please ( I will do this also) take a moment to think about how the other person feels before you put your fingers to keys. You also may call this preaching and that’s okay. I think by coming on this site and reading just how mean people are to each other has taught me a really good lesson. People are just plan cruel.

• wrstlgirl says:

Beth and Daryl are great together. She calls him out on his crap, I love it!!

15. azu says:

This is why red is a ratings monster!! Wow! Just wow!!!!!

16. Mj says:

This should be a bonus from the quotes of the week – “Her crying draws walkers like dubstep does club kids”

17. Britta Unfiltered says:

I thought it was a pretty lame move on the part of the writers that the baby was still alive. Killing off the baby in the last finale was very bold and pretty darn ballsy for the writers to do. I think for a show like this, they should be doing things that rip out the hearts of the audience, and that was a great way to do it. To do the bait and switch where the baby didn’t really get killed is SUCH a cop out. It reminds me way too much of bad daytime dramas where people have miscarriages then find out years later they gave birth to a healthy baby that’s been living with someone else, etc., etc. It’s so stupid. The Walking Dead should have had the guts to follow through with the baby death, and let the characters and audience be miserable about it. Plus, explain the massive amount of blood in the baby carrier to me. There is no explanation for that. That was way too much blood to just be someone’s superficial wound.

• tamihagglund says:

They explained it with Tyreese’s arm wound that Mika asked about. And again, the unbuckled car seat straps were a huge tell.

• tealeaves says:

I don’t think it was a bait and switch. They didn’t show the incident. I would have been surprised if the baby were dead and they just did not show it. For me, the question was who had her.

• brina says:

I completely disagree with this. It was very obvious when the baby was shown buckled and then they showed the empty carrier that was unbuckled, that she had been taken out. There was pretty much blood everywhere so the blood wasn’t really a tell. I think it is way more ballsy to keep a baby around in a zombie filled world. My husband and I both agreed the person it would have sucked to have been in this situation was Tyrese with a screaming baby and two little girls. Imagine the pressure this guy was under, it really speaks volumes about his character. To me having characters which are children/babies shows hope for the future.

18. Michael says:

Somewhere down the line, Lizzie is going to become something very evil. She seems to get joy out of choking a defenseless baby.

• tamihagglund says:

I think she already is. Did you catch the horrible rabbit carcass pieces she left? Girl is a straight up psycho. She fed the rats to walkers through the fence, and she killed Karen & David. That’s her tiny handprint that Rick found, I’m telling ya.

Also, there are twin boys (I think?) in the comics that someone mentioned are probably the semi-parallel for Lizzie and Mika. Things do not end well for either, but especially not for the non-psycho. I’ve never read the comics but remember reading about the boys in the comic wiki files.

• iamtheblurr says:

That’s also what I thought! Lizzie and Mika are the TV versions of Ben and Billy. I’ve noticed the path the writers are leading for these girls.

I’m more excited with the introduction of Abraham, Rosita and Eugene! And I hope they also do the cannibal arc! So excited!!!!

• Abby says:

I have the feeling that whatever rests at Terminus Station – from last night’s map by the train tracks – is the cannibal camp. So you’ll probably get your wish for the cannibal arc.

• QueenNymeria says:

I totally agree. It’s like the gingerbread house in hansel and gretel to lure them in for dinner.

• Lyn12 says:

That’s an interesting twist on the comics (not that I’ve read the comics). And yet another reminder that zombies aren’t the only threat out there. As the two sisters walked down the railroad tracks, I thought of the creepy girls in “The Shining.”

• Mikael says:

At first I assumed Lizzy killed the rabbits so they could eat them, but it became obvious that she just likes killing small animals, classic indicator of a serial killer. She definitely must have been feeding the rats to the walkers. I hated her from day 1 when she was sympathetic to the walkers and thought they could be pets. And now she almost smothered Judith and seemed to enjoy it! I wouldn’t be surprised if Carol had been covering for Lizzie killing Karen and David, but that’s crazy for Carol to take the blame and leave a serial killer in training with the others! It’s awful to think that way about a child, but they killed Sophia, so they can definitely kill Lizzie.

19. RobMF says:

I like that they went out of their way to make Bob a better guy. He seemed awful during the first part of the season but they turned it around. I think it’s safe to say Lizzie was the one with the rats now too.

• Spencer says:

Yes, I was thinking the same thing about Bob! He was terribly uninteresting in 4A but last night’s episode solidified him as a more interesting character, for me anyway. And Lizzie seriously needs to be shot. I know, she’s a little girl and all, but that girl is gonna end up killing someone major and I’m not going to be happy!

20. Libby says:

Lizzie is as frightening as any walker, a true little sociopath. I also believe Carol covered up Lizzie’s murders. Lizzie enjoys killing, plain and simple. Can’t imagine where the writers are going with this.

21. Phil Holmes says:

It’s an awesome turn of events and a brilliant move by the writers to have Tyrese unknowingly be in the midst of the people responsible for the murders at the prison!! There’s no doubt in my mind Lizzie was the killer and Carol covered for her out of guilt for impressing so roughly upon Lizzie and the other children the notion of survival at all costs. Now for Carol and Tyrese to be responsible for her safety and ofcourse eventually have to come to the realization that she has become so disturbed when the truth comes out–that’s going to make for some damn good TV!!!

22. azu says:

That carol is actually covering up for Lizzy is as bad as if she killed tyrese’s gf and Michael she needs to be dealt with coz she’s not sorry at all!!!

23. Abby says:

One of my favourite episodes in a long time. Phenomenal episode – so heavy yet amazing. The ONLY scene I need more explanation on is when Carol saved Mika, Lizzie, and Judith from the walkers (and saved Judith from Lizzie, let’s be honest) – what did she walk up on? Did she see Lizzie almost kill the baby? Did she say anything to her? I do hope we’ll get more into those two girls as the season progresses, and I hope they aren’t Carol’s downfall, but both of them make me nervous every time they’re on screen now – not just Lizzie!

I always kind of knew that the TV show wouldn’t kill Baby Judith – too much for TV advertisers and all that – and I for one am glad they didn’t, but I would have really liked to see the moment Carol found them in the woods and stopped her from suffocating a baby. What kind of a reaction would that have initiated?

24. wrstlgirl says:

I love the Beth and Daryl dynamic. I like that she was all up in his sh*t. He needed it. I’m not surprised at all that Carol ended up with Tyresse and the kids. Makes for great drama. Someone mentioned something about Carol handling Tyresse, how is she doing that exactly?? He doesn’t know anything so there’s not really much to handle there. Glenn getting off the bus was a nice twist and when he found out about Hershel, ugh, so sad. Not so sure how Maggie’s going to take seeing Tara though. Another great episode!!

• Carolisback! says:

I think Daryl could use a sister like Beth to make up for the brother he lost. Plus, Beth can look up to him like she did with Maggie. Its a good sibling dynamic.

• wrstlgirl says:

Yes, it is. Daryl is not interested in a romance, any romance. He’s all about saving and protecting his “family”. Reminds me of how he was when Sophia died, he went back into his man cave of “I don’t give a sh*t”.

• Sophia B. says:

Norman Reedus did say in a interview that you will see his character go back to his old ways in this season. He did not say why, though.

• Alan says:

dont say you like the beth daryl dynamic, alistaircrane will get mad at you.

LOL, I don’t care :-)

• Alan says:

actually why am i saying dont say it? we need to annoy shippers more.

• QueenNymeria says:

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a shipper?

• Alan says:

people whos enjoyment of a story comes totally from a certain couple being written well. they tend to crap all over everyone elses fun when they feel like “their” couple isnt the focus and doesnt get enough romantic moments.

• QueenNymeria says:

Ah, that’s really lame. You’re right, we do need to annoy them more. I don’t care who’s sharing a sleeping bag as long as there’s plenty carnage. Give me herds and psychos over the mushy stuff any day.

25. Claire says:

Such a good episode! But wow, this was an EXTREMELY stressful one to watch, probably the MOST in quite some time — so much so that I actually had to leave the room at one point, THAT point. I remember as a child watching MASH and learning about the infant being suffocated to stifle her cries and that is all I could think about while watching. This time however, viewing a similar scene but now as a parent — words fail. Well done Walking Dead for bringing my worst fear to the screen, ack! So glad she survived.

26. The Judtih thing was far too obvious.I loved Carol coming back but I half-expected her to “mercy-kill” the old dude that was severely bitten. Or maybe Tyrese. I like my Carol killing possible walkers left and right

27. Lizzie is one hell of a psycho! And a lot of people might despise her but the young actress who portrays her, Brigthon Sharbino, is one talented girl. I believe everything that she is portraying.

This episode was amazing! Beth & Darryl are both two of my faves so I was really glad to see them together and that the writers explored their kick ass dynamic some more.

and of course my girl Carol is back and I couldn’t be happier!

• anniem says:

She is good. Lizzie reminds me a lot of the little girl in the old movie “The Bad Seed”.

• Sophia B. says:

That movie scares the crap out of me to this day. My step-sister always reminded me of her down to the blonde hair. Even her own mother thought so, even now. So now I will start watching her new eyes.

28. R.O.B. says:

Pretty amazing opening scene with the diary voiceover. Reminded me of something you might see in a great movie trailer.

29. worthymagic says:

The first 2 shows since the break were great. Too bad the young lady who put the bullet in the head of the Governor seems to have been eaten. She might have made a good addition to the group. TV Guide has 3 different covers for their story on THE WALKING DEAD this week; Rick, Darryl and Michone. Of Course, I got Rick. The only thing that’s depressing so far is that there are ONLY 6 EPISODES left for this year. Instead of 15, they should make 22 episodes, which is what NBC CBS and ABC make of their big shows.

30. azu says:

I might be in the minority here but I’ve never really liked carol since season 2 when she was so critical of Rick. On the last episode of that season by the fire? All she kept in saying was how Rick couldn’t be trusted
    Rick has never been perfect but he has consistently risked his neck for that group. The only time he took a break from it all was when he thought that his kids needed him and that he had consistently put his group ahead of his own family, nearly to Carl’s detriment. That’s what makes a great leader! The ability to know when to step back and handle other equally important issues!! Rick for me is trying his best, which may not always turn out as we’d like

31. Glenn virgo says:

I think Lizie was puting the rats at the fence and I think she set fire and killed Tyreeses bird and carol has taken the blame for her. Lizzie’s a bit mental.

32. Marco says:

I can’t understend when people say that they hate Lizzie and they wish she dies( some of them brutaly )… SHE IS JUST A LITTLE GIRL !!! And maybe she didn’t kill Karen and David, maybe she didn’t kill those rabbits or feed rats to the walkers… Maybe that’s just what producers whant us to belive, that she is psycho- murder child but she is just a regular girl… And i would like to see her and Carl falling in love.. They would be a great couple and that would be cute and interesting… And share your opinion with me on this dont just act like you didnt saw this … :p

33. Cecelia says:

I really love how this is all going.
    The Actress that plays Lizzie is perfect. I know Judith and Carol are Alive. I get Michonne’s backstory. Mr. Mullet gets a chance to come alive. Glenn and Maggie are still kicking.

^_^. Can’t wait for the next episode::
    Crazy Shipping idea:: Carl and Lizzie
    It would be ironic considering the girl attempted to smother Judith but with the introduction of other characters it might not seem too off.
    According to the comics Carl was supposed to have developed some sort of relationship with a set if twins. At one point he concludes that one of them is fairly “off@. I’d like to see how Carl and Lizzie interact.
    The idea is crazy but I like it.
    Lizzie is good at what she does and Carl’s relationship with his father is changing with age/observation.
    I personally want to see Lizzie stick around for a while…

I figure Rick might be the one to kill her off in the series. Let us see if Mika ever repeats anything about baby Judith.

• Marco says:

And i dont know what is with this show and little girls they just keep killing them…
      Sophia, Meghan, Penny, Molly, that girl at the first scene of first season and that Morales girl….
      And now they want to kill Lizzie and Mika, they should let them stick around for loong looong time as same as Carl….
      I was sooo sad when they killed Sophia that little girl is soo talented and beautiful but just didn’t have enough time to dhow that and i wish they bring her back somehow :(

34. Michael says:

I don’t know about anyone else but Abraham looks like some mid overweight redneck in the show compared to the comics.

35. smalltowngirl2016 says:

Uhm… Did anyone else notice a boot in the beginning and rabbit remains where Tyreese and the girls were??? The boot VERY CLOSELY resembled the boot Mikka was wearing.. And I can’t remember which girl it was that skinned/dismembered those rabbits… Could one or both of the girls be dead?? Maybe tyreese? Did carol leave them there and maybe take Judith? Is Judith still alive? Just trying to figure out the context clues..