Which Liar Was Most Glam? Was Russian Skater List-less? P'hood for Coach Taylor? And More Qs!

Johnny Weir Tara Lipinski OlympicsWe’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including The Walking Dead, Pretty Little Liars, New Girl and Cougar Town!

But first, some Olympics-related musings:

1 | Forget Johnny Weir’s pink jacket. What was on Tara Lipinski’s otherwise beautiful head? That said, can NBC please promote the former skaters (and current daytime commentators) to primetime for the next games?

RELATED | Meredith Vieira Pulls Olympics Duty Friday, First Woman Ever to Serve as Solo Host

2 | Dear Yulia Lipnitskaya: Shouldn’t a routine set to the score from Schindler’s List, depicting “the girl in the red coat,” have some feeling? If you’re going to admit that you haven’t learned yet how to emote during your skating, why not pick music that makes it less obvious?

3 | Which was the bigger letdown: Shaun White’s fourth-place half-pipe finish or Bob Costas’ days-long absence from the anchor chair?

4 | Matt Lauer has been fine and all as a Winter Olympics coverage host, but is he really the best “Plan B” NBC had available after Bob Costas’ incapacitation? And was there a more smug, presumptuous, condescending interview question than Lauer’s query to Slopestyle medalists Joss Christensen, Gus Kenworthy and Nick Goepper: “I don’t even know if you guys realize this yet, but there will come a time 20 or 25 years from now where you’re gonna get together with your wives and your kids, and you’re gonna have a reunion, and you’re gonna celebrate the day that you as Americans swept the podium in this event for the first time ever. Can you think that far in advance?” (Isn’t it a big assumption that all three guys will want and eventually have wives and children? And even if they do, doesn’t Lauer asking them “can you think that far in advance?” seem weirdly insulting, like he thinks they have the mentality of adolescent boys?)

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming…The Walking Dead

5 | Was the saddest part of the sad, sad Michonne segments on The Walking Dead finding out just how glamtastic she is — yowza! — when she isn’t in the middle of a zombie apocalypse? Also, has the show established why walkers are able to pause their presumably involuntary grunting and moaning when they’re about to launch a surprise attack? And when that walker attacked Carl (for what felt like 10 minutes), why’d they make a point of showing us a bag of golf clubs if the pudding-loving lad wasn’t going to use a 7-iron to defend himself?

RELATED | Spoilers on Scandal, Glee, Crazy Ones, PLL, Once, Originals, Looking and More

6 | Although we would have heard if Maggie Smith was being killed off Downton Abbey, wasn’t it nonetheless horrifying/scary/other unpleasant adjectives when the Dowager Countess took what appeared to be deathly ill?

7 | How much did you want GQ to cut Girls‘ Hannah loose when she quit her (pretty great) job for artistic reasons, only to try to get it back moments later?

8 | While it was pretty obvious that Shameless‘ Fiona was going to crash and burn this season, wasn’t it devastating that she took Liam down with her?

9 | Someday down the Abbey Road, can Paul and Ringo share what was truly going through their heads during a few of those CBS’ “Salute to the Beatles” concert covers?

10 | On The Following, why did crowds of onlookers do nothing as Gisele beat the heck out of Max on the street? And did the commuters who restrained Ryan when the French woman cried for help not see her attacking him on the train platform just moments before?

11 | Is Bay’s hand injury on Switched at Birth going to turn into a “I may never be able to make art again!” storyline?

12 | Which “super” new series are you most excited for: Fox’s Gotham, or The CW’s The Flash?

13 | Which Pretty Little Liar stunned most in the show’s black and white noir episode?

Pretty Little Liars Noir Episode14 | On New Girl, didn’t Jess’ embarrassment over her delinquent sister ring a little hollow considering everything that Nick and his family have done? (And didn’t Linda Cardellini look amazing as Abby?) P.S. Didn’t Winston want to become a cop? What’s going on with that?

RELATED | New Girl Exclusive: White Collar Beauty Alexandra Daddario Is Moving In!

Cougar Town15 | Is there a wackier running gag on a current comedy than Cougar Town‘s Jules’ cycle of christening new, giant wine goblets (aka vases), then holding funerals for them when they inevitably take a tumble off the counter? (R.I.P., “Big Tippi.”)

16 | But who will be the voice of Narrator Greta Gerwig on How I Met Your Dad?

17 | Reign is really the little, historically loosey goosey train that could, isn’t it?

18 | This first Parenthood/Friday Night Lights crossover makes us wonder: When (and how) exactly can Coach Taylor’s new Philly football team show up to play Berkeley High?

RELATED | American Idol Judges Will Cut 5 Guys, 5 Girls Next Week — Before They Get to Sing a Note!

19 | If American Idol had wanted to generate some real excitement by letting voters pick the 15th and final Season 13 guy, wouldn’t they have been wiser to choose buzzier contestants like the oddly ousted Savion Wright and David Oliver Willis, rather than Neco Starr and Ben Briley — two fellas who don’t seem to stand much of a chance at winning?

20 | Is there a better cure for the winter doldrums right now than Target’s colorful, high-energy ad for its Peter Pilotto collection — set to Sylvester’s “You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real)”?

1. Kaycee says:

Troian stole the show in PLL, she suited the era the most and she had a beautiful classic look. All of the liars were stunning too.

2. Bartleby says:

The lack of common logic on The Following is what keeps me from declaring it one of the best shows out there. I asked those exact questions while watching the episode…

3. Fernando says:

Spencer was the best, I feel like torian knocked it out the park. Her acting was spot on.

4. nic says:

Ah..question 2 about Yulina was pretty harsh..I think her performances were poignant and moving and her skating was incredible..also bashing a 15 year old seems below your usual fun, witty and lighthearted banter..

• Ava says:

yh….also there’s a pretty good chance she didn’t even choose the music. Maybe her coach/family thought it’d be a good fit.

• CH says:

I wouldn’t call it bashing. She, probably along with her coaches, chose the wrong music for her. Emotion is just as much a part of figure skating as technical proficiency, and they should have chosen something that wouldn’t highlight her deficiencies as much. If she’s going to compete on the international level, she’s opening herself up to the same criticism as the rest of the competitors regardless of age. I felt the same way about her performances – technically fantastic, lacking on the emotion, although I think she improved in the free skate. She’s absolutely outstanding, technically speaking, and especially for her age, and I’ve no doubt with a bit of maturity she’ll become even greater.

5. Laura says:

To answer 5 with Carl to using the golf clubs I think this goes to show Carl has a lot to learn still.

6. sarah says:

3)Shaun White’s 4th place finish!
    10)So it sounds like the Following has many silly moments like last year, the more I hear about silly things happening this season makes me not miss watching this season.
    12) Flash

7. Elyse says:

I hope not. Not gonna lie I’m shipping Bank (Bay/Tank) pretty hard right now.
    Though I hated the episode i’d have to say Em!
    LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

8. Sarah says:

13. I will say it again and again, Sasha Pieters is brilliant and looked stunning, especially in that painting on the wall. I think it was Toby who said it quite right: It looks like she will come out of the picture and either slap you or kiss you.

• Curly Girly says:

Sasha looked glam-tastic in that episode. I also thought that the actress who plays Paige looked amazing – it was really a good look for her. She normally does not look that pretty.

9. Winter says:

12) I originally thought it would be Flash, but Gotham is killing it in casting so now I’m really looking forward to that show.

10. CourtTV says:

Reign IS historically loosy goosey but I’m okay with that. And I really hope Bay’s injured hand doesn’t go so obvious. She just needs to fall for Tank over this.

11. tvfan says:

#13 – PPL Ashley Benson looked the best.
    This must be an off week, no real burning questions.

12. Jared says:

Gotham looks great,love the cast so far but my heart is with the adorable Barry Allen on The CWs Flash!

13. Bella says:

13 – Troian was the best with Ashley taking second. Troian looked like she would fit into that era perfectly. Kind of Barbara Stanwick style.

14. Lucy says:

I miss Bob Costas! I am a huge fan of his compassion, knowledge of each sport he talks about and his humor. I hate to say this given his current situation as it seems crass but I also love his eyes, they are beautiful. Get well soon Bob!

15. Rook says:

8) I had seen a promo of Shameless where Fiona got arrested but that was 100 times worse then anything I could have imagined, It was like a punch in the gut. Can’t wait for the next episode!

16. I would say Emily’s style suits me most, however I feel that’s her usual style and they probably could’ve changed her look a little seeing as the episode was film noir. Aria seems to suit that kind of clothing anyway, Hanna & Spencer looked really good and Toby looked in his element!

17. Weezy says:

#4 – Since I’ve been reading this column, I can’t remember your writing staff reaching more than this one.

#10 – Don’t you guys live in New York? And have you ever watched real life videos of incidents like that? It’s pretty normal now for people to cower in situations like that and do absolutely nothing. I personally found the scene when the 2 guys restrained Ryan Hardy as way more implausible. Most people cower in fear in those kinds of situations nowadays thanks to the incessant fear baiting in the media.

• Britt says:

10 The Following- Yes their is a very popular study about a women in like the 60s or 70s (I could be wrong about the decade) but she was stabbed outside of her apartment building. People in the building said they heard her scream, but didn’t call the police. Why? Because they thought someone else would do it. The study showed that when other people are around, people will do nothing because they expect someone else to do it. When people were alone, they were more likely to help because they feel obligated. Like Weezy said, the two guys holding Ryan back probably would never had happened and they would have minded their own business.

Plus these days you never know if someone will turn around and try to stab/shoot you. So most people will stay out of it.

18. Lauren says:

I totally want Tara and Johnny to be primetime commentators. I’ve been DVRing the live broadcasts instead of watching the primetime coverage. Their entertaining and knowledgeable and they don’t feel the need to talk the ENTIRE time a skater is on the ice. Sometimes there spectators too and I like that.

19. Amy says:

Whahaha at first glance the people in the picture looked like PLL Hannah and TBBT Sheldon to me. Second and third look made it seem silly but for a second it looked like them haha.
    But anayway.. I think Toby was best in PLL this week. But I didnt enjoy the episode so much though. Too confusing with what was fake and what was really happening.
    Most looking forward to the flash! Hope felicity visits a lot, emily rickards is an actress I’d like on my screen as much as possible, she’s just soo good!

20. jenferner8 says:

That’s EXACTY what I thought while watchng The Following!! I was literally like, WTF!? Did NOBODY just see what she did to Mike!? And how could people just stand and watch what happened to Max? At one point I thought I saw people recording it with their phones. It reminded me of the woman many years ago who was brutely attacked by her boyfriend or husband in front of her own home while neighbors stood and watched.

21. chris says:

Tara and Johnny are on during prime time. Any of the skating shown at night has them on it. The reason they’re on in the daytime is because that’s when the skating is live and NBC has no control over that. My advice–if skating is your thing, DVR during the day and watch it at night instead of the regular NBC coverage.

22. So very much excited for Gotham the casting is just brilliant, only a little excited for The Flash but really think The CW shouldn’t be focusing all its attentions on scifi/supernatural/comic shows, it’ll end up pigeon holing itself again like it did with Gossip Girl/90210/MelrosePlace/The Beautiful Life days.
    Cannot understand how Reign got picked up let alone renewed, maybe I’d give it more of a chance if it wasnt just butchering history, could they not have made it about fictional royalty, then they would have an obligation to try and follow the real events, ahh well just hoping that The CW keeps HOD and has a family shows night.

23. dude says:

13. I have to give it to Allison.

24. A says:

Troian IS a 20 something Lauren Bacall

25. #13 Most stunning? Allison by a mile! She looked just like the glamouress leads in all those old 1940s movies!

#17 Yes! GREAT show!

26. Jillian says:

Spencer by far.

27. murley says:

I can’t chose between Gotham and the Flash. I am just ridiculously excited about both.

28. ssk says:

SThere was a singer in the group that Harry questioned if he was marketable?? But the boy had a great singing voice!!! But they never put him thru to the top 30!! YET they put the girl with the buzz hair cut that doesnt sing that well… Tell me Harry. What is so marketable about her??? Half dozen girls sang better then her. And if your looking for people to vote for the next Idol she’s. Not it!!! What were you thinking????

29. Sasha says:

#17!! Yes it is! Especially since I know what happens historically…my brain twitches