Exclusive

Scoop: CBS' Extant Adds 24's Annie Wersching

CBS Extant Annie WerschingAround the time that 24: Live Another Day will be clocking out, Annie Wersching will make her debut in a different summer series — CBS’ Steven Spielberg-produced, Halle Berry-fronted Extant.

RELATED | CBS Sets Summer Premiere Dates for Under the Dome Season 2 and Extant

Premiering Wednesday, July 2, the thriller follows Molly Watts (Berry), an astronaut trying to reconnect with her family after returning from a year in outer space. Her mystifying experiences in space lead to events that will no less than change the course of human history.

TVLine has learned that Wersching will recur as Femi Dodd, a member of the Yasumoto Corporation board who endeavors to insure that in our race toward a technologically advanced future, we don’t leave our humanity behind. Her position makes her a powerful adversary to Molly’s husband John (played by ER‘s Goran Visnjic), a developer of humanoid robot prototypes.

RELATED | CBS’ Extant Adds The Newsroom‘s Grace Gummer

Since wrapping her run as 24‘s Renee Walker, Wersching has kept very busy, guesting or recurring on shows such as Castle, Intelligence, NCIS, Dallas, Revolution and Touch (where she was reunited with “Jack Bauer” aka Kiefer Sutherland).

Wersching right now can be seen in the Amazon pilot Bosch, based on the Michael Connelly novels and starring Deadwood”s Titus Welliver.

1. Dennis says:

Give that woman a regular role in a show! She is so good!

• gapkwest says:

I know, I’m still bummed about how they killed her character off in 24. Otherwise she could be in the new 24 season coming this summer.

And the performances she and Titus Welliver gave in the Amazon Bosch pilot might be enough to get me to watch that series despite it being yet another police show (provided that pilot gets picked up of course).

Yes, Annie Wersching is definitely one of the actresses I wish was on the shows I watch more often.

2. Lisa says:

I LOVE ANNIE!!!! I want her on a regular cable series. She’s so confident in all the roles she plays and it really translates to screen

3. Terry Lupp says:

It’s about time that Annie is recognized for the beautiful, versatile actress she is. Will be excited to see her in “Extant”

4. Olivia says:

She was also great in a Hawaii Five-0 episode!!! Loved her character in 24!

5. .hu domain says:

Exceptional issues the following. I will be really pleased to take a look this post. Many thanks and I am looking forward to get hold of you. Would you like to be sure to drop me a mailbox?

6. Brendan says:

Annie was great in 24 as Renee Walker. She was also great in Hawaii Five-0, Touch, Body of Proof and will be great in Bosch. I’m still livid that Renee was killed off in 24. Hopefully, she will have a series regular role soon.