TVLine Items: Under the Dome Deaths, Idol Alumni Return, GH Vet Visits Castle and More

Under the Dome Season 2 SpoilersCBS’ Under the Dome will kill off some of its residents in the Season 2 premiere, and the list of potential victims just got shorter.

Exec-producer Neal Baer tells TV Guide Magazine that two of the following six players will say goodbye: Sheriff Linda (played by Natalie Martinez), Norrie (Mackenzie Lintz), Norrie’s mom Carolyn (Aisha Hinds), DJ Phil Bushey (Nicholas Strong), slacker kid Ben (John Elvis) and hoarder Andrea (Dale Raoul).

RELATED | Under the Dome Season 2 Casts Eddie Cahill

A big hint about one of the possible deaths: Martinez was recently cast in ABC’s drama pilot Secrets & Lies.

Under the Dome returns Monday, June 30 at 10/9c.

Read for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

• American Idol alumni Adam Lambert and Chris Daughtry will return to the show as mentors during Randy Jackson’s “Boot Camp” phase, which begins airing Feb. 18, per The Hollywood Reporter.

PHOTOS | American Idol: 21 Best Auditions of Season 13

• Just weeks after his onetime General Hospital costar Emily Wilson (ex-Ellie) guest-starred on Castle (in the “Dressed to Kill” episode), Bradford Anderson (ex-Spinelli) also is set to swing by the primetime ABC drama. Anderson will appear in the Feb. 24 episode, “Room 147,” which revolves around a murder to which multiple people confess, though none of them could possibly have done it.

RELATED | Castle Season 6 Spoilers — Badass Beckett, Sweeps 2-Parter Status

• Missed all the drama on Dallas? You’re in luck: TNT is running a 25-hour marathon of Seasons 1 and 2, beginning Sunday, Feb. 23 at 8/7c and ending right before the Season 3 premiere on Monday, Feb. 24 at 9 p.m.

* HLN plans to rebrand itself as the go-to network for the social-media generation. As part of the change, it will reformat its programming to gather news, trending topics and other viral content from all media platforms.

* A&E has ordered 18 more episodes of the reality series Wahlburgers, featuring Mark, Donnie and Paul Wahlberg as they expand their burger restaurant business in the Boston area.

* HBO has released a new trailer for its upcoming Silicon Valley, a comedy from Mike Judge (Beavis and Butt-Head, King of the Hill) about the Bay Area tech hotbed. Press PLAY for a sneak peek at the series, which premieres April 6.  Warning: The language is definitely NSFW.

1. ivy says:

in under the dome i quite liked Ben and phill at first
    now i don’t mind if they kill off all those characters written in this article

2. Et al says:

Wait, so HLN deemed their current lineup of Showbiz Tonight/Nancy Grace/ Showbiz Tonight/Nancy Grace /Showbiz Tonight/Nancy Grace/ Dr. Drew to be too ‘newsy’?

3. me says:

I’m fairly certain the episode of Castle with Bradford Anderson already aired, weeks before Emily Wilson’s.

4. Pat says:

Sheriff Linda?? I really like this character, so I sure hope she is there for the long haul but it does not look promising since she is cast for another show. They finally have a female in charge of the Police Department and she might be killed off, not happy!

• Aeol says:

A pilot that hasn’t even been officially picked up is hardly a reason to kill off her character. Under the Dome would likely even be finished filming by the time her pilot (maybe) gets picked up and goes into production.
      I don’t have any other guesses, though. I watched UTD even when it started to bore the pants off me, until time warner cable took CBS off the air in my city last year and I missed several weeks of the show and then I really couldn’t get back into it.

• wordsmith says:

If past experience is any indication, wearing a police uniform is seriously bad for your health in Chester’s Mill. It seems like Linda is the only actual officer left alive at this point.

• dome fan9 says:

No worries about sheriff Linda – many times, actors get ‘second-position’ roles in pilots, and will only be able to assume that new role full time if (a) the pilot gets green-light pick up to series, and (b) the actor/actress is indeed free to assume that role during filming of the new series – meaning the older/existing series would either need to be canceled, or the character the actor is playing is written out of the existing show. Possible in the case of sheriff Linda, but not a foregone conclusion.

As the prior post reply noted, the filming schedule for ‘Dome’ will probably fit in nicely with a fall series pilot since the Dome filming is probably completed now for this summer, or very close to completion, freeing up Martinez to film the new pilot opportunity in late Feb/March. If the pilot goes to series, Martinez would not be on the new pilot for very long (if at all) since Dome will probably get a S3 pickup and start filming next fall/winter. Yes, sheriff Linda could be written out of the show by Dome writers/producers, but I doubt that – she’s key to the story, providing never ending admiration and frustration.

I’d miss sheriff Linda if she were not on the show – she is very smart, and yet, so very dense. ;)

• Hannah says:

Except her new show is a summer series, already been picked up so yep, she’s dead. For the 2° death I’m picking…wait for it…the black guy!

5. Whatever says:

The sheriff was a bit clueless on Under the Dome . I would rather see Norrie leave the Dome

6. dude says:

Please kill Sheriff Linda aka the worst sheriff ever.

7. EJ386 says:

I read the Under the Dome news and the only thing I got from it was ‘Barbie is safe!!’ also that makes me care a whole lot less who is dying.

8. DiverKlein says:

Well, It can’t be Norrie because she was one of the big characters in the book. At least til the end. Then again, this crap show lost all resemblance to the book practically from the first ep, so…

• Whatever says:

The only thing that the show and book have in common is the Title ” Under the Dome” lol
      Norrie wasn’t so annoying in the book . The show is a different matter all together.

9. Pia says:

Whatever happened to Mark Zuckerberg’s sister’s Silicon Valley reality show?

10. Stormy says:

Adam Lambert on TV is always good news.

11. Hepha says:

Yeah, Sheriff Linda was kinda useless and much irritating in season 1… But I think she’s close to find out who Big Jim really is and she will probably become a far more interesting character as soon as she’s aware of the maliciousness of that guy. Maybe she’ll get killed off later in the season, but not in the season opener. That would be a shame…

12. Delirious says:

Is there anyone who isn’t guessing “Norrie’s mom Carolyn (Aisha Hinds) […] and hoarder Andrea (Dale Raoul)” are the UTD victims?

• Katie T says:

Personally I’m guessing it’s not Carolyn. But that’s purely because I’m thinking it’s way too harsh to kill off both of Norrie’s mums. I’m guessing Linda’s one because of her new show, and also be cause she was a pretty useless Sheriff. And then one of Ben,Phil or Andrea. I dint think it matters which of those it is as none of them offered much

13. Anna says:

Spinelli!

14. Link says:

i hate stupid Sheriff Linda but I don’t want her on Secrets and Lies which I’m looking forward to watch

15. NeverKnewIt says:

I honestly doubt that Norrie will be one to bite the dust, she just signed on as a series regular for UtD.

My two cents: Linda and Phil…

16. Freddie Figueroa says:

Norrie and Carolyn I like don’t understand why you guys hate Norrie. Sheriff Linda was annoying. Phil I thought was a good character but then he became stupid. Ben is an okay character. Andrea I didn’t really care for her. So my guess is Sheriff Linda and still deciding between Phil and Andrea.

17. Michelle says:

I can’t believe I have to wait till June 30 for season 2 UTD! What the…??

18. Personally I think Carolyn and DJ Phil Bushey will die.
    Carolyn hasn’t a big role in Under The Dome, even as Phil Bushey, still mourning late Dodee Weaver.