Once Upon a Time Exclusive: Witch Oz Character Will Show Up Next? Who Should Play Her?

Once Upon a Time Glinda Good WitchOnce Upon a Time‘s journey down the Yellow Brick Road will not end with the Wicked Witch.

Rather, we may be ramping up for a classic clash between evil and… good.

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Bombshell: A [Spoiler] Is Coming — Ready, Set, Speculate!

Two months after it was announced that Lost alum Rebecca Mader would be “going green” to play a version of the Wizard of Oz novel’s infamous villainess, TVLine has learned that the ABC drama will also be introducing Glinda.

Casting is underway right now for an actress in her mid to late twenties to recur as the good witch, who is described as elegant, warm and benevolent, as well as wise, clever and shrewd.

That said, it sounds like Glinda might not be in fighting form when we first meet her. Rather, years of isolation have made her lonely and cautious — though at her core, she is a steadfastly filled with optimism.

PHOTOS | Once Upon a Time Spring Preview: Addled Emma, MIA Neal and Other Burning Qs Answered

This is where you do what you do: Lob out casting suggestions! I’ll get the bubble rolling with Sarah Carter, who next week wraps production (in Vancouver) on Falling Skies. Maybe Gossip Girl‘s Blake Lively? Or how about Megan Hilty, if they need her to belt out a tune?

Comments (155)

• Sara Canningor Sarah Chalke.

Comment by Maki – February 6, 2014 08:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Megan Hilty would be good or Dianna Agron hmmm this is a real thinker.

Comment by Rachel – February 6, 2014 08:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think Hilty is a wise choice. Why would they cast someone who’s already played a variation of the role? It just won’t happen.

Most of the suggestions are too old for 20 something, or are movie stars that can’t step back into tv just yet – or both (maggie grace). Maybe they should just go with an unknown.

Comment by Shazay – February 7, 2014 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • McPhee in a wig maybe?

Comment by Shazay – February 7, 2014 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Megan Hilty please

Comment by Fernando – February 6, 2014 08:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My vote is for Megan Hilty!!!!

Comment by Kat – February 6, 2014 08:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yvonne Strahovski?

Comment by Jason – February 6, 2014 08:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Busy filming 24. And too edgy.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – February 6, 2014 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ashley Madekwe or Emma Roberts

Comment by Jason – February 6, 2014 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Too edgy? What mean thee?

Comment by Ben – February 6, 2014 09:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • But…but….Yvonne………

What’s Alona Tal doing?

Comment by Tom Charles – February 6, 2014 09:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • alona tal is a great suggestion!

Comment by e – February 7, 2014 06:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mircea Monroe!

Comment by Kristy – February 6, 2014 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She was No. 4 on my list.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – February 6, 2014 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed!

Comment by Callie – February 6, 2014 09:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I read Sarah Carter as Sarah Chalke and got really excited. It would be a little out there but I could see it, so I say Sarah Chalke!

Comment by Emmy – February 6, 2014 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree.. Sarah Chalke is the first one that popped in my mind too!

Comment by trainwreck – February 6, 2014 11:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That does sound really cool! On the short list.

Comment by sanchopanza – February 7, 2014 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Natalie Dormer!

Comment by Ryan T – February 6, 2014 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ooooooh yes please!

Comment by Nessie – February 6, 2014 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Good one! But I also think she would make a good Elsa if they incorporate Frozen in the future!

Comment by Julia – February 7, 2014 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please God just say NO to Blake Lively. Please.

Comment by mirvin365 – February 6, 2014 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you. I was most definitely about to say this.

Comment by the girl – February 6, 2014 08:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ITA And not RR’s former wife ScarJo either. I’d like Molly Quinn [Castle's daughter]. She has a wonderful ethereal quality and magical feel about her and she is already on an ABC show with not enough to do. While they’re at it, find something for Susan Sullivan, too.

Comment by Stormy – February 7, 2014 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THANK YOU! Glinda doesn’t need to wear booty shorts and a blouse cutdown to her belly button.

Comment by dude – February 7, 2014 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Megan Hilty was my first thought even before I got to the end of the article.

Comment by Et al – February 6, 2014 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don´t really know why but I like your Blake Lively idea lol
    March can´t come soon enough

Comment by Mile – February 6, 2014 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My vote is still for Elizabeth Mitchell! She’d be wonderful and it would be another great LOST reunion!

Comment by Erica – February 6, 2014 08:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • or Maggie Grace. A Lost reunion that’s more probable since EM is on Revolution. Plus Maggie could have a different spin to Glinda that might be fun to watch

Comment by Ian – February 6, 2014 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ooh I wouldn’t hate that! I could see Maggie on there.

Comment by Erica – February 6, 2014 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’d like to see them get away from casting so many from Lost on Once.

Comment by Mary – February 6, 2014 09:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She is busy on REVOLUTION.. But i see her playing a Queen in the near feature.. Maybe the Aurora’s mother the original sleeping beauty

Comment by StanJS – February 6, 2014 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Elizabeth Mitchell is waaaay too old. Mid to late 20′s is what the casting call wants

Comment by zumpie – February 7, 2014 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Alona Tal? She can sing very well and can be sassy. I could totally see her in this role. To be honest I’d love to see her on the show period.

Comment by Mia – February 6, 2014 08:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • oh yeah I like her a lot too. She does look innocent but she has some bite to her.

Comment by Allie – February 6, 2014 08:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love this idea! She would be cool.

Comment by the girl – February 6, 2014 08:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She would be amazing. I agree with this 100%.

Comment by Roxie – February 6, 2014 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • All day I kept thinking “The girl who played Jo in Supernatural would be perfect!” and I come to find out many other people feel the same way.

Comment by Meg – February 7, 2014 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • oh yeah I loved her. Seriously I would be thrilled if she were on the show. Alona is great.

Comment by Ivy – February 7, 2014 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Candace Accola, but she has a full time gig on TVD.

Comment by corey – February 6, 2014 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree Megan Hilty is an excellent choice although the casting call actually sounds a lot like Tink…

Comment by Jennifer – February 6, 2014 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i thought the same thing about Tink

Comment by nate – February 6, 2014 09:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How is Megan Hilty 20 something?

Comment by Stormy – February 7, 2014 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Megan Hilty!!! And yes, please let her belt out a few tunes, as well…

Comment by Leslee – February 6, 2014 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Is the idea to turn OUAT into Wicked????

Comment by Ginger Snap – February 7, 2014 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You’re missing the most important character here… where’s Dorothy?!

Comment by James – February 6, 2014 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wicked made Dorothy irrelevant. Sad but true.

Comment by Cami – February 6, 2014 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dollars to donuts, Emma is the “Dorothy” of this story. (Not that they’re doing a full-on Oz retell, as some people seem to think.)

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – February 6, 2014 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You’re probably right that they are a) not doing a classic full-on retelling and b) that Emma will represent Dorothy in this whole thing (does that make Henry her Toto?). I wonder if they will have an equivalent wizard in Rumple, or if someone else will actually BE the wizard, or if there’s no wizard at all? I totally trust their instincts though, whatever they decide will be awesome.

Comment by the girl – February 6, 2014 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Maybe they should do Beauty and the Beast next!!!!! from the beginning when he first turned into a beast……how about Jack and the bean stalk, all the giants and jack getting the beans and planting them, the big tree growing,the goose with the golden egg. you can make a story from that maybe one season and the other one another season. Just thinking out loud…..I love the show, I would be sad if it goes off the air.

Comment by Lynda Jansson – February 8, 2014 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s actually quite funny that they’re doing it when they had such a ‘Wizard of Oz’ set up in 2×05.

Comment by xav – February 7, 2014 06:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree – that’s why Alice is a spinoff and Wendy a hostage.

Comment by mawhi – February 7, 2014 06:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I even think they’re telegraphing Emz as Dorothy by dressing her in checks and plaids

Comment by zumpie – February 7, 2014 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If they do Dorothy, it should be Lea Michele. Just saying.

Comment by dude – February 7, 2014 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Megan Hilty was so amazing as Glinda in Wicked, I saw it five times! She is the ONLY rational choice!

Comment by Jen – February 6, 2014 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love to see Sarah Carter as Glinda. Also Allison Mack (I really miss her on tv. #Alwaysholdontosmallville )

Comment by Cami – February 6, 2014 08:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sarah Carter would definitely work. I could see Allison Mack being awesome at the lonely, reserved version of Glinda.

Comment by the girl – February 6, 2014 08:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chenowith

Comment by JB – February 6, 2014 08:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She’s 45 years old! Did you miss the part about mid twenties?

Comment by Stormy – February 7, 2014 07:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Laurie Holden would make a pretty awesome good witch.

Comment by Allie – February 6, 2014 08:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sarah or Megan would be perfect… Megan more for some reason

Comment by StanJS – February 6, 2014 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I saw Megan Hilty in Wicked in 2007. I don’t know if she’d want to play Glinda again, but she’s awesome!

Comment by Lindsey – February 6, 2014 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It is me or does the Glinda description sound exactly like their version of Tink?

Comment by Kath – February 6, 2014 08:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It was the first thing that came to my mind.

Comment by Lia – February 7, 2014 07:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sarah Lancaster

Comment by Scott – February 6, 2014 08:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh wow.. that would be superb. Anybody from Chuck on a weekly basis is bliss.

Comment by Jooshua – February 6, 2014 11:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dianna Agron she would be the perfect Glinda!

Comment by Cyndi – February 6, 2014 08:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed, she has the elegance part down, which none of the other actresses (even though I do like most of them) do.

Comment by zumpie – February 7, 2014 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anna Camp

Comment by Jason – February 6, 2014 08:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope Victor Frankenstein is the Wizard.

Comment by Cici – February 6, 2014 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can I say no to Sarah Carter on the principal that I can’t listen to her talk with out it grating on me. I think they should go for someone a little closer in age to her than any of the people that have been previously mentioned. Though I vote for Hilty before any of the other suggestions. As for Allison Mack as much as I love her and she is from my favorite childhood show she does not have the acting skills to be on a show like Once who has some amazing talent in the form of Robert Caryle and Lana Parilla. A more on par age wise would be Anna Torv or Katherine Heigl.

Comment by Alicia – February 6, 2014 08:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Megan Hilty. She has the time now since SSTW got cancelled.

Comment by woodyinho – February 6, 2014 09:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d say Alexandra Chando, though she’s not blonde.

Comment by Mary – February 6, 2014 09:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Argh Emily Procter would be awesome if they were looking for someone slightly older than mid/late 20s.

Comment by Callie – February 6, 2014 09:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jaime King (except for full-time HoD gig)!

Comment by Liza – February 6, 2014 09:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Which Lost Alum needs a job? That’d be the one. Maggie Grace?
    Glinda doesn’t have to be blonde does she? Their Aurora isn’t blonde like in the cartoon.

Comment by Jean – February 6, 2014 09:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Glinda definitely does not need to be blonde considering she is a redhead in both the original books and the 1939 movie. It’s only because of Wicked that people think she needs to be a blonde.

Comment by dm21 (@hallowed_smiles) – February 6, 2014 09:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Originally I thought Megan hilty but she is in her early thirties and may be too old for what they are looking for. I saw Dianna agron mentioned here in the comments and I think she would be perfect!

Comment by Matt – February 6, 2014 09:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Of my choices… Tricia Helfer, but she’s busy with Killer Women,
    Summer Glau (Glinda doesn’t really have to be Blonde), Kristen Chenowith, Elizabeth Mitchell, or well depending on the age range they want her… Kyra Sedgwick.

Comment by Cory – February 6, 2014 09:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The casting call is for someone in their mid to late twenties.

Comment by Meg – February 7, 2014 07:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bethany Joy Lenz Beverly Mitchell Sarah Carter Allison Mack Sarah Chalke Missy Cider Hilarie Burton Maggie Lawson Rachael Blanchard

Comment by Aleana – February 6, 2014 09:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m not sure how it would work, but I’m so in for having Allison Mack back on my TV.

Comment by Lia – February 7, 2014 07:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • omg BJL would be a great choice!

Comment by Matt – February 8, 2014 12:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jennifer Finnigan. And then maybe Ariel and Glinda can be bffs :) if they want someone younger, Ashley Benson?

Comment by J – February 6, 2014 09:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Blake Lively, I have really missed her since Gossip Girl!!!

Comment by Katy – February 6, 2014 09:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Amy Adams

Comment by Tony – February 6, 2014 09:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Good choice. I’m hoping for Molly Quinn, but Amy would be wonderful. Kind of reprising her Enchanted vibe.

Comment by Stormy – February 7, 2014 07:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • MY THOUGHT!
      Or the actress who played Willow´s girlfriend in Buffy (Amber Benson???)

Comment by jm – February 8, 2014 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Beth Reisgraf!

Comment by Wendi – February 6, 2014 09:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh yes I like that idea!

Comment by Aileen – February 7, 2014 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Maggie Lawson? Psych filmed in Vancouver, so at least she’ll be used to the cold.

Comment by Kristen – February 6, 2014 10:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Almost 34 years old. So, no.

Comment by Stormy – February 7, 2014 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Natalie Dormer, Viva Bianca, Annabelle Wallis

Comment by Talia – February 6, 2014 10:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Annabelle Wallis for everything, always. She definitely has that elegant and wise but warm thing going for her.

Comment by Kristen – February 7, 2014 06:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Elizabeth Mitchell for sure

Comment by Eliza – February 6, 2014 10:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Megan Hilty or Amy Adams

Comment by Letty – February 7, 2014 12:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mid to late 20s? For Glinda?

Comment by CK – February 7, 2014 12:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Alona Tal would be awesome!! :D

Comment by Carda – February 7, 2014 02:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Emily Kinney – Can sing
    Emilie Ullerup – is free and in Canada
    Tina Majorino – Why Not

But Maggie Grace and Alana Tal would also be cool. But to that you could also add

Emily Rose
    Indiana Evans

Comment by Mark – February 7, 2014 02:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maggie Grace
    Elizabeth Mitchell~though she might be too old…

Comment by Maddie Mae – February 7, 2014 04:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If she was a little younger I would say Laura Bell Bundy…her voice sounds like Glinda to me

Comment by stephaniep97 – February 7, 2014 04:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post