What to Watch Thursday: Winter Olympics Begin, Leno's Reign Ends, 'Super' Millers Guest & More

Get More: Finales, What to Watch

the-millers325On TV this Thursday: The 2014 Winter Olympics skate onto our screens, Spoils of Babylon finale celebrates Christmas, Jay Leno lords over The Tonight Show one last time and The Millers meet a Superman. Here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

RELATED | Thursday Night Football Moves to CBS — Will Big Bang Return to Monday?

8 pm XXII Winter Olympics (NBC) | And so it begins! Broadcast from Sochi, Russia, the opening night’s events include team figure skating, snowboarding and freestyle skiing. (The Opening Ceremony airs Friday.)

8 pm American Idol (Fox) | Ready, set…. The dreaded Group Rounds get under way in earnest!

8 pm The Big Bang Theory (CBS) | Sheldon and Amy join Howard and Bernadette on a trip to — hiccup! — wine country, while Raj’s dog is taken to the vet.

8:30 pm The Millers (CBS) | Nathan is set on surprising Carol for her birthday. Brandon Routh (Superman Returns, Chuck) guest-stars.

RELATED | Your February Calendar of 55 Premieres and Finales

9 pm Rake (Fox) | Keegan represents a woman (Bridesmaids‘ Annie Mumolo) who is claiming her son has cancer, in an attempt to support her gambling addiction. Professional skater Tony Hawk guest-stars.

9 pm Reign (The CW) | Catherine tries to expose Bash’s past in an attempt to save her own skin; the truth about the castle ghost is revealed. (Get scoop.)

9 pm The Crazy Ones (CBS) | Simon must eulogize a jingle writer who was not a well-liked man.

RELATED | Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Reign, Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal and More!

10 pm The Spoils of Babylon (IFC) | Season finale: A Christmas celebration brings Cynthia, Devon, Winston and the Shah of Iran together. The Tonight Show with Jay Leno - Season 21(Note: The previous five episodes marathon at 7:30 pm.)

10 pm Elementary (CBS) | Holmes investigates the murder of a ballerina while Watson tries to find a homeless veteran who may have been abducted.

11:35 pm The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (NBC) | Finale: In his last hurrah as host, Jay jaws with Billy Crystal, Garth Brooks performs.

Hit the comments with your must-see picks!

Comments (35)

• do you have to pay a royalty to Babylon 5 for using “and so it begins”

Comment by Rich Stowe – February 6, 2014 04:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LMAO @ You. I miss my B5. R.I.P. G’Kar (Andreas Katsulas all those years ago.) —- and no, I don’t have to pay George Harrison for using “all those years ago”. Cheers to a fellow B5er.

Comment by Elaine – February 6, 2014 05:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s amazing how much of that cast has passed away….even though it’s been 20 years, a big number are no longer with us

Comment by Rich Stowe – February 6, 2014 06:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Whenever something breaks, my family will joke ‘Zathras can never have anything nice.’ Love B5. PS. Marcus/Ivanova for ever!

Comment by S. – February 6, 2014 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just Big Bang Theory tonight.

Comment by Justin – February 6, 2014 04:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Vampire Diaries
    Reign

Comment by Tessa – February 6, 2014 05:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rake
    Reign
    Elementary

Comment by Steve – February 6, 2014 05:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Vampire Diaries
    The Crazy Ones

Comment by Eric7740 – February 6, 2014 06:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • American Idol and The Crazy Ones.

Comment by Joey – February 6, 2014 06:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Big Bang Theory, Reign, and Elementary

Comment by Liz – February 6, 2014 06:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BYE BYE for Leno. HELLO Fallon until February 17th.

Comment by Tran 2.0 – February 6, 2014 06:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Big Bang,VD,Reign,Olympic figure skating

Comment by Brandy – February 6, 2014 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Olympics!

Comment by wenraz – February 6, 2014 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Vampire Diaries
    Crazy One’s

Comment by sarah – February 6, 2014 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Mean’t One’s.

Comment by sarah – February 6, 2014 08:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am really happy Fallon is the one taking over the Tonight Show (not a Conan fan) but will never understand firing Leno when he is number 1 in Late Night. I also will never understand why he gets blamed for the Conan fiasco when it was NBC execs . Used to watch Letterman but he got to be such a bitter old man about Leno couldn’t watch him anymore, was just tired of it. For me it will be the Jimmys now and we’ll see how Seth Myers does. I can always get a laugh from Craig Ferguson.

Comment by Red – February 6, 2014 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, Conan was a big cry baby over the whole Tonight Show fiasco and blamed Leno which was ridiculous. I guess that was easier than just admitting that you failed. I can’t always stay up late enough as I work early, early, early but when I can I watch Leno. And no I’m NOT OLD :-) :-) I’m looking forward to seeing what Fallon brings to the table.

Comment by wrstlgirl – February 6, 2014 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Vampire Diaries and Reign

Comment by Elizabeth – February 6, 2014 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Vampire Diaries
    The Tonight Show

Comment by Jared – February 6, 2014 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TVD
    Idol
    Crazy Ones
    Elementary

DVRing the Olympics to catch the figure skating =)

Comment by Thea – February 6, 2014 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reign and some Olympics for me.

Comment by wrstlgirl – February 6, 2014 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hello mates, how is everything, and what you
    would like to say regarding this piece of writing, in my view its truly amazing for me.

Comment by Benji Bananas cheats – February 6, 2014 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Stay out of the liquor cabinet, please.

Comment by Stormy – February 6, 2014 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hello, I believe The Cast of Monuments Men will be on Kimmel tonight. That is must watch TV. I wonder if George can mediate between Jimmy and Matt.

Comment by Gerald – February 6, 2014 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really busy night.
    TBBT
    Idol
    Two & A Half
    Figure skating

Comment by Stormy – February 6, 2014 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lol TVD never makes the list anymore :|

Comment by Annie – February 6, 2014 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Just as it got great again. The 101 episode was back to basics for me. Good episode!

Comment by +1 – February 6, 2014 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Still can’t believe the lack of action but great promotion of the Olympics in Russia. Last night (Wednesday 05th February) Channel 4 in the UK broadcast a very important and shocking documentary showing the real treatment of homosexuals in Russia right now. It was called ‘Hunted’ and i everybody somehow try and watch the documentary. Its disgraceful what is happening and that no action is being taken.
    I think everybody should watch the documentary just to gain insight into what is actually happening in the country everybody is watching.

“Hunted” Channel 4 UK. Just give it a Google at least :)
    …………….just wanted to spread the message guys.

Comment by penlid – February 6, 2014 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Also, just another note… The Olympic charter states that they don’t allow any prejudice of any kind. Obviously homosexuals don’t count. It’s 2014 for goodness sake. Shouldn’t be tolerated.

Comment by penlid – February 6, 2014 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thursday is my slowest movie night :(
    Reign (saw it and it was good!!!)
    The Crazy Ones
    Elementary
    Maybe I’ll catch the Olympics.

Comment by Britt – February 6, 2014 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • TV night not movie night

Comment by Britt – February 6, 2014 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I might have to watch Reign just to see who Clarissa really is. I think she’s either Francis or the older sister’s twin. I can just ff through the Bash/Mary scenes.

Comment by tp – February 6, 2014 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Elementary, The Crazy Ones, Reign

Comment by bobbie – February 6, 2014 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s amazing for me to have a web page, which is good in support of my experience.
    thanks admin