Exclusive

Supernatural Spin-Off Exclusive: Meet the Werewolves, Shifters and Hunters of Tribes

Supernatural Spin-Off CastThe Windy City is on the brink of all-out war.

New intel has surfaced about The CW’s Chicago-based planted Supernatural spin-off, Supernatural: Tribes, and it points to an epic battle involving five rival monster families and a vengeance-seeking hunter.

RELATED | CW Boss on Supernatural Renewal: No End in Sight?

Read on for exclusive details on the key players populating the offshoot (all of whom will be introduced in this season’s 20th episode of Supernatural).

ENNIS ROTH | The de-facto star of the potential series, Ennis is “likeable, strong-willed, resolute, with a strong sense of justice.” He’s the son of a cop who grew up in poverty. He’s en route to the police academy himself when someone he is close to is murdered — presumably by some kind of monster. He meets up with Sam and Dean and “learns the staggering truth” that Chicago is run by five families of monsters (including, but perhaps not limited to, werewolves and shape shifters). And with that, a new monster-hunter is born. Fun fact: Producers are looking to fill this role with an African-American actor in his early 20s.

DAVID HAYDEN | A shape-shifter from one of Chicago’s ruling monster families. He’s been living as a human for some time, but a tragedy propels him back into the life. David is in his early 20s.

MARGO HAYDEN | David’s “professional, strong-willed, determined, ambitious” shape-shifter sister. She’s an “ex-punk rocker gone corporate” who sets out to be the new head of the family in the wake of a tragedy. Margo is in her early 20s.

VIOLET DURANT | A werewolf and part of the wealthy, powerful Durant family. In a twist right out of West Side Story, the early-twentysomething is hot for family rival David (see above), but their love is forbidden.

JULIAN DURANT | Violet’s “savagely handsome, strong, arrogant” twentysomething brother and Ennis’ arch nemesis.

FREDDIE COSTA | A world-weary copy in his 30s, Freddie has a soft spot in his heart for Ennis (he knew his dad back in the day). Fun fact: Freddie’s got a secret.

Thoughts? Theories? Casting suggestions? Hit the comments!

1. stevie says:

huge supernatural fan.. but..
    i don’t know…

• Teddy says:

Are they going to stop making supernatural I really hope not .they need to have these other shows but hear and there they should interact with each other dont stop supernatural it would be a damn shame

• Paul says:

Whenever someone says, “I don’t know”… they know. :)

I also enjoy Supernatural, but I don’t think this attempt at turning the milieu into a soap opera will appeal to me.

• Raúl says:

List of potential Spin-off topics I would be much more excited about:

1. A Charlie and Dorothy spin-off during their magical adventures in Oz and further exploration of the Fairies.

2. A Samuel Colt spin-off set during the Old West if it would have to be particularly hunting-oriented, and with proper answers towards the Colt’s limitations.

3. A Gabriel prequel show during his time as a Norse god pretender, with Thor’s hammer from season 8 and many other Pagans like Kali showing up as a must, along with further explorations of their supernatural roles.

4. A Crowley miniseries dedicated to show how he consolidated his power as King of Hell during the 1 yea gap between season 5 and 6

5. A Men of Letters spin-off set during World War II as they are allies of the Judah Initiative and fight the Thule necromancer society.

Anyone agrees with me?

2. Kristin Cook says:

this sounds like some kind of daytime soap drama.

• Brigitte says:

I love how all of the characters are all in their early 20’s except for the “world weary” cop in his 30’s. Gasp! Can he get around without a walker??

• Scotty says:

That was my first thought too! A fricking soap opera, complete with woobie sparkling “monsters”.

3. Oh how I hope Ennis ends up being a proto-Victor Henrickson. Victor was such a GREAT character — all BadAss, skilled, and attitude. Now Ennis might be too young to have BadAss down but when I think of Supernatural characters that were killed off too early or never revisited and that I would watch again in their own spin-off I think of:
    Benny — not technically dead but I miss him
    Jo – *sob*
    Victor Henrickson
    Ronald Resnick
    Sarah
    The cop from The Benders
    Jodi Mills
    Ellen
    Pamela Barnes

Since we are skewing young and law enforcement, I’d be up for an early Henrickson. Please SPN: MAKE THIS A GOOD CHARACTER. And the Romeo/Juliet vibe? Okay… officially NO. Seems too CW for me.

But I like the 5 ruling families theory so that’s a positive. And we need a Pamela Barnes type in the mix.

4. Sherry says:

This is sounding more interesting now :D

5. AJ says:

This sounds… not as bad as I thought it would. Might even work if they get the right cast. They do need to dump that forbidden love storyline though, I like that Supernatural never really had a love story going on.

• kate says:

yes on dumping the love story. I’m not a big fan of love stories to begin with (which is why I watch shows like Supernatural), although I’ll watch them if they’re really well done (a la ‘The Americans’ on FX), but Supernatural has never been very good at love stories when they try them.

• alistaircrane says:

Why, what do you have against romance? Why do you hate love? In fact, the lack of a love story on SPN is a good reason to include one on the spinoff. Tribes shouldn’t be a carbon copy of SPN.

• I Heart Damon Salvatore says:

One could argue that SPN itself is a love story. Not a romantic one, per se (unless you read certain fanfics lol), but a love story nonetheless between brothers and, to a lesser extent, including Castiel.

• AJ says:

Apparently, not wanting a cliche sounding love story in a show means that I hate love, never knew that about myself.

• alistaircrane says:

You’re making an awful lot of assumptions based on something you haven’t seen yet, and you are letting your prejudices interfere with being objective. You will likely miss out on a good show due to your ignorance.

• Playfulpanthress says:

Well apparently we’re ALL making assumptions as none of us know if it will be written well or acted well. Given the syrupy sloppiness of most romantic storylines on the CW, I agree with AJ that this show doesn’t need it. I get that they would want the people who watch that kind of crap in Vampire Diaries and Originals, but this is a SUPERNATURAL spin off. Let them keep that cheesy crap. We’ll deal with real emotions and bonds, trumped up overplayed tropes need not apply.

• izayoi2006 says:

There is nothing wrong with romance. But forbidden love and love triangles have become an old and boring trope.

• alistaircrane says:

Give them some credit. This is Supernatural, which is known for turning tropes on their head. I am looking forward to SPN’s interpretation of forbidden love.

• gabriela says:

Im just really afraid the girl becomes the love interest instead of a character of his own forbîdden love is an overused trope, a cliche, its getting dull and repetitive

• Haley says:

What? Supernatural IS a love story. About the love between two brothers. Sure, it’s not romantic love, but it’s almost more powerful than that. It’s all about two brothers who would die for each other (and have on multiple occasions) and they’re ups and downs as family. That’s still love. Pretty impactful, too, if you ask me. More potent than romance.

• Dude! The entire series is a love story between two brothers! Straight romantic love ain’t the only kind out there.

6. Fernando says:

They should pick it up and it it

7. Fernando says:

CW should air it on Mondays after Supernatural, that way the CW will have strong shows Monday-Thursday. The Flash should be picked up and Paired with Arrow

• alistaircrane says:

I highly doubt they will move SPN from Tuesdays. It’s giving the CW their best Tuesdays-at-9 ratings in years.

• The network is not going to air Supernatural at 8pm. It’s far too violent. Move it to Mondays? Maybe. The show’s been good at reseeding depressed schedule spots. But air it at 8pm? No.

8. Fernando says:

The originals can be pair with The. 100 or Regin or a new show of that’s the case and Vampire Diaires can do the same paired with 100 or stay with Reign or a new show

9. Ruby says:

Seriously, Supernatural is my favorite show, but i don’t think i will watch the spin-off! i´m not a big fan of spin-off shows and this not sound very interesting to me!

10. wsmize says:

An African -American lead. CW I’m pleased.

• Patrick says:

I’ll be shocked if that holds up. I don’t know if their core audience will go for it.

• Audrey E. says:

I’m also am excited about the lead character being black. It’s time for black males to start taking the forefront on TV shows. They’ve done it in movies, now they should catch up with their female counterparts on network television.
      I don’t know about the ”core audience not accepting it,” but isn’t it a shame that we have to doubt if a network show will be successful because it’s led by a black man? Luther, Scandal, Sleepy Hollow. Apparently, America and television are the final frontiers.

11. SimonP says:

The Originals 2.0 anyone? I don’t know. I do know that I’m definitely tuning in, and I also know that I’m hopeful this season does well… Simply coz I’m a huge Supernatural fan and don’t want what is now turning into a franchise to be ruined.

In saying that, I would simply call the series “Tribes”, if only not to have this show depend heavily on Supernatural.

Also, I also would think twice about the creatures I would choose to focus on… Shape-shifters aren’t all the rage (although they may be if this series does well), and werewolves are a bit overdone and already quite familiar on The CW.

Maybe Ghouls or Sirens instead of shifters? Kitsunes instead of werewolves?

• Alecia says:

I thought the same exact thing! That this sure sounds like the Originals. In fact I would link this type of show as a spin-off of the Originals more than one of Supernatural. Unlike you though, I will not be tuning in. This is way too far off of what Supernatural really is to have my interest.

• Lou Givens says:

Like those ideas too as well as the Succubus. They’ve been talked about but we haven’t seen them. Dean and Richie from NYC or the Bronx reminisced about hunting one in Sex and Violence the siren episode. Could be interesting.

12. Drew says:

For a long time now, Supernatural fangirls have been making me mad by essentially boycotting any spinoff because it doesn’t have Sam and Dean (who as far as I know are still on Supernatural, so this makes no sense). The Supernatural fangirls constanly whine about wanting a strong female on the show, and then form a mob with torches and pitchforks every time a woman comes within three feet of a Winchester. They are the reason why we lost Jo and I will never stop being pissed about that.
    With luck, the fangirls won’t have a say in what happens with this show. They are a loud and annoying minority in the Supernatural fanbase and I wish they would go away.
    Tribes could be cool. Part “Chicago Code” part “Being Human”, which Carver has proven he can do well.

At the very least, we should watch it and see what it is like before we make any gtand comments about it. Supernatural doesn’t even sound like Supernatural when you try to blurb it and break down the characters. The quality is in the details.

• Ruby says:

I´m not interested for now in the spin-off but its not because Dean and Sam are not there!!

• Lauren says:

DITTO EVERY SYLLABLE OF THIS. FTLOG why are the fangirls “threatened” by a spin-off? Maybe it’s a language barrier misunderstanding by some.

• Percysowner says:

I agree with you about how fans have treated female characters, I don’t understand your point about boycotting spinoffs. To my knowledge there has never been a spinoff to boycott. AFAIK, there hasn’t even been a suggested spinoff before this.

I will say that this sound more like an originals spinoff than a Supernatural spinoff, but I watch The Originals, so that isn’t necessarily a turn off. I’m willing to see how this develops.

• Drew says:

I have seen fangirls say that they will not watch a spinoff without Sam and Dean. It makes no sense. Many good shows don’t feature Sam and Dean. But they say it anyway. They are pretty much boycotting any Supernatural series that comes along without Sam and Dean. True fans of the show will at least give it a shot before making up their mind. It isn’t like Jared and Jensen can star on two shows at once. It is crazy.

• playfulpanthress says:

Who? I have been reading the comments here to get a feel of fandom and I’ve only seen one comment that even mentioned the Winchesters being in the show and they only wanted a once in a while. Which makes sense! Angel was a spin off of Buffy, but they made sure to have her drop in every so often. The WB made it an event and called it such and it was exciting!

The only other spinoff I know about was the Ghostfacers, and I don’t know what happened with that. Maybe the fans had negative feedback, I am not sure. But other than that I don’t know of another so I think you are seriously exaggerating our ability to kill a potential show.

But you and your fandom bashing are disgusting. Sweetie if the “fangirls” went away there would be next to no fandom. Who runs the sites? Fangirls. Who goes to conventions? Overwhelmingly, fangirls. Though I am pleased to note more males are attending.

Are we overly harsh with female characters? YES. I don’t deny it. Though I think your whining about Jo is pitiful when she didn’t get half the hate the women who played Cassie or Lisa got. At least Jo got to go out spectacularly. And everyone admitted she wasn’t written well. Not to mention she had zero chemistry with Jensen. You want chemistry, look at season three ‘Leverage’ with her and Chris Kane. THAT was chemistry!!

Bloodlines could be cool. But the Romeo/ Juliet crap is so played out its stupid. Supernatural didn’t need to focus on romance and they only had two people. Why does an ensemble need to?

• Pretty sure “fangirls” are not the ones who loathe romance and female characters. There are some men who watch shows like The Vampire Diaries and The Originals, but the audiences of those shows are still heavily skewed toward women. SPN has an equal number of female and male viewers. One of the ironies of female-oriented shows, though, especially on the CW, is that they actually tend to have some really nasty misogyny and stereotypes about women going, but it’s ignored because the shows have female leads (at least nominally) and are aimed at women.

• Mojo says:

“any spinoff”?

This the the first spinoff for the show.

• Zach says:

IIRC, there was once a proposed Samuel Colt spin off that Eric Kirpke had talked about.

• Brio says:

IKR?

I’ll watch the episode. If the character hook me in like Sam and Dean did on Supernatural, I’ll give it chance. If not, I won’t. I won’t watch it just because it’s my favorite show’s spin off alone.

• Ross says:

I’m no ‘fan girl’. I’m a 23 year old straight male and one of the reasons I watch Supernatural is because there is a lack of relationship story lines. I do not want THIS spinoff . So yeah, it’s not just a small minority of fan girls who don’t want this spinoff.

• Drew says:

A relationship storyline doesn’t necessarily make this show The Vampire Diaries. “Being Human” has a relationship storyline and it is an awesome show.

• Lou Givens says:

I agree with Drew. My wife and I watch Supernatural. We also watch the Originals and Being Human. We’re going to give the spin off a chance.

• alistaircrane says:

The Vampire Diaries is awesome *because* of its love story (really a triangle, sometimes even a quad—or more!).

• Emmirel says:

Lack of relationship story lines? Did you even watch Supernatural seasons 1-9?

• Female characters fans have liked and wanted to see again:
      Pamela Barnes
      Ellen Harvelle
      Jody Mills
      Sarah Blake
      Charlie
      Abaddon
      Meg (both versions)
      Mary Winchester (both versions)
      Gwen Campbell

Female characters fans haven’t liked:
      Bela
      Jo
      Amelia
      Anna

Bela was a wasted character. She had great potential to be a frenemy to the guys and the writers/showrunner threw it away to have her make Sam and Dean look stupid and incompetent for laughs.

Jo was portrayed as a whiny, immature brat more interested in being spiteful towards her mother than hunting until her last episode.

Anna was a convenient plot device, nothing more.

Amelia was simply awful in every possible way.

And one of the worst female characters on the show (imo), Ruby, stayed around for two seasons.

Supernatural fangirls (who, fyi, are the majority of viewers, not the minority) like smart, capable female characters who have a purpose besides giving Sam and Dean an excuse to take their shirts off. We like female characters who aren’t helpless victims. If the writers want us to like their characters, that’s what they need to give us.

• Drew says:

No. The fangirls aren’t the majority of the fans. They are the vocal fans who take over every conversation about the show by whining about which dreamy brother the writers obviously hate because their favorite dreamy brother never gets enough love. Those people drive the majority of the fans of the show (who aren’t obsessed with either brother) away from comment sections and messafe boards because the fangirls are annoying as h*ll. This show was/is popular amongst military personnel. I highly doubt those people were sitting around debating the finer points of Wincest.
        The fangirls are an embarrassing subculture of the Supernatural fans.

And it is funny how many of those female characters were booted from the show before they had time to develop, because the writers mistakenly thought that the vocal fangirls were the majority. We lost Jo because of the fangirls. We lost Lisa and Ben because of the fangirls, and with them a real chance to see some interesting development for the show. But instead, we are going to be forever caught in the same formula with the two brothers and Cas, alone and living like they’re stuck in their early 20’s.
        The only recurring females that fangirls have embraced are the ones who don’t burst the bubble of delusion that fangirls have about being married to a Winchester. Jodi. Ellen. Charlie. And in Charlie’s case, they are accepting a horrible and annoying character just because she doesn’t pose a threat. It is silly.
        You will get no love for the Becky types from me.

• Percysowner says:

For the record, fans really wanted Ellen to stay. Dear, sweet Dawn Ostroff (may she never run another network) told Samantha Ferris she was too old and dumped her. Pamela Barnes was blinded in her first episode which limited her usefullness in the eyes of the creator. Meg stuck around for more seasons than Bobby. Sarah Blake was a one shot character and fans were loud about wanting her back for years. Mary was killed in episode ONE there wasn’t time for a fandom outcry to get rid of her. Jody and
          Charlie are still around. I admit Jo was badly received by fandom, but writing her as very young and announcing she was going to be a girlfriend for Dean was a misstep on the part of the writers. Bela was forced into the show by dear sweet Dawn Ostrof (MSNRAN) and before the writers could course correct on her character, the writers strike started. The romance with Amelia wasn’t explored in enough detail for many fans to think it was natural and intrinsic AND she was part of Sam never looked for Dean which was hated and considered OOC of Sam.

I’m not saying that fans haven’t reacted badly to female characters, but the writers have often fallen down on the characterization of female characters. It’s not all on the fans, in spite of your sexist remarks.

• Drew says:

My remarks aren’t sexist. They are observations based on watching the show for nine seasons now. I have seen great female characters with tons of potential get booted because the writers mistakenly listened to a vocal minority.
            Yeah, fans loved Ellen. But she wasn’t a threat to the fangirl delusion. Neither is Jodi. Neither was Pamela really, or Meg or Mary or Charlie. Every time there is a female who might get too close to the Winchesters, that vocal minority goes nuts. Jo was kicked off the show in the first stage of her character development. It wasn’t a problem with how she was written, it was a problem with the fact that we never got to see how she became the woman we saw in season 5.
            Lisa should still be on the show. Period. Her exit was unlike Dean and it was morally wrong. On top of that, it made no sense considering that the only people who seem to forget anything are Lisa and Ben. But the fangirls erupted (from what I hear they even said things to the actress at conventions). A good, solid piece of development for Dean was lost.
            Amelia, I personally liked. She fit Sam’s personality, going way back. I think her exit was more natural than Lisa’s, but I wouldn’t have minded seeing more of her.
            But my point still stands. There will never be a good, strong, smarty, sexy, straight woman on this show without the fangirls trying to get rid of her.
            That isn’t sexist of me. It is just the history of the show.

• AJ says:

I’m really interested where you got your information from because based on the boards I visit, the only female characters that the majority of the fans like are: Mary, Meg (Nicki Aycox), Ellen and Jody.

• Lilly says:

The fan girls are also the reason we’re stuck with shoddy crap female characters like Jodie Mills in lieu of good characters like Ellen, Jo, Bela, Pamela etc. and only because she’s neither pretty nor young enough to threaten their weird anti-love interest obsessions. This fandom. SMH.

13. J.B. says:

[To Ennis] I wish I knew how to quit you!

14. Ally Oop says:

They should have called this Chicago Monsters like a couple other Chicago set shows on network tv. I hate the title btw. Really awful title.

15. Mojo says:

Fun fact: Eddie’s got a secret.
    Is it Freddie or Eddie?

16. It sounds a bit like Grimm, with it’s “policeman discovers monsters are real” vibe. Grimm is only ok. Spin offs in general are only ok!

17. Ross says:

I was on board until it got all Romeo and Juliet. Nope. Not interested now.

18. j. says:

i’m up for it as long as there’s not much focus on the romantic storyline. also, yay african-american lead! \o/

19. Elyse says:

I’ll definitely give it a chance. can’t promise I’ll stick around. hoping it’s good!!!

20. Maddie says:

I dunno. This sounds like another “Being Human,” especially with main characters being both human and monster.

As a huge SPN fan, I think I will be skipping this.

I always have liked the “us” & “them” mentality on SPN. Yes, there have been some exceptions, some non-evil monsters like Lenore, however, I don’t like that THIS what the producers chose the spin-off to be about.

I’m not feeling it.

• Jessie says:

I agree, it doesn’t sound like a Supernatural spin-off, it sound more like Being Human. They should drop the “supernatural” from the title and just call it Tribes. I’m a big SPN fan, but I don’t think that the executives understand why people like and watch SPN and why it worked for 9 years.

• alistaircrane says:

So you think a spinoff should simply copy Supernatural? Um, no. A good spinoff takes elements from the original series and works it into its own thing. Sounds like you’d rather see a show about, I don’t know, two sisters traveling America hunting monsters. How original.

• Jessie says:

No, I didn’t say they should copy SPN, and yes, a good spinoff takes elements from the original series, but I see here some Originals, some Grim, and some Almost Human, all packed and called “Supernatural:Tribes”. I’ll give it a chance, but so far I don’t see why they call it a SPN spin-off: they don’t use any characters or any aspect of the show. ” Angel”, Buffy’s spinoff used a main character from the original, same with Torchwood and Frasier, and all had been successful. I know that successful spin-off has been done with new characters introduced at the end of the original series, like Boston Legal and NCIS, but the spin-off did contradict the original series like it seems to be the case here.

• Hannah says:

now that’s a Twincest America would love!

21. roxane says:

just hope supernatural continues…if not i wont watch !

22. kate says:

I love Supernatural, and as a story within the show – maybe a 2-3 parter? – I think I’d enjoy it, but I don’t really like the sound of it as a series, and I’m probably not going to watch. even if it’s good, I refuse to get sucked into another 5-10 year series on the CW.

23. CBWBDK1 says:

How predictable the lead has to be black. What a big surprise! I guess Sam and Dean aren’t good enough anymore, because they’re white.

• Percysowner says:

Because we are just flooded with series leads who aren’t white! Get a grip, for once they are going for a different look in casting. It won’t change the complexion of TV that much.

• A says:

“What a big surprise.” It is actually.

• Mia says:

*facepalm*

• Lena says:

This comment is ridiculous on so many levels. Supernatural, The Originals, Arrow, Beauty and the Beast, The Tomorrow People, The Vampire Diaries…ALL have WHITE leads. Do you want me to go on? I guess it upsets you that ONE show out of many would actually have a black lead. This is the mentality and ignorance of the CW fans.

• alistaircrane says:

Most CW fans aren’t racist, Get a grip, Lena.

• Lena says:

Sweetheart, you get a grip. When they decided to cast Charles Davis in the role of Marcel on The Originals, “fans” on tons of sites whined because he didn’t look the way they wanted him to look. He wasn’t white enough for them and they didn’t like the ideal that he was black. And just recently, some fans called him a “dirty slave” on one site. You’re right. That’s not racist at all. Dismissed…

• alistaircrane says:

Oh boo hoo. You just like to color all CW fans with the same crayon. Stop watching this network, hun. It ain’t for you.

• Lena says:

Color CW fans with the same crayon? Time to go to bed alistaircrane. You don’t want to miss school in the morning. LMAO Now run along honey.

• playfulpanthress says:

Well done, Lena!! Alistaircrane is a moron.

• Percysowner says:

Please don’t judge us all by this one commentator. I’m a fan of CW shows and I’m delighted that they are talking about casting a POC as the lead. Watching the CW does not make us bigots. Many of us have complained for years about the lack of minority representation on Supernatural and other shows. Frankly, it is hard to find minorities who are lead characters on most network shows. Sleepy Hollow and Scandal just recently proved that a lead who is a POC does not automatically tank a show’s ratings. The person you responded to is a jerk, and is being bigoted here. He does not represent me.

• Lena says:

Fair enough. I will be interested to see how well this show does on the CW, especially since some fans are already stating they won’t watch.

• alistaircrane says:

They say that all the time. TVD fans said the same about The Originals, but The Originals is doing pretty well in the ratings. People are all big talk online, but when it comes to their actual viewing habits….

• James says:

Kristin Kreuk is Chinese-Indonesian Jamaican though on her mother’s side.

24. This sounds horrible. Did they learn nothing from “Man’s Best Friend with Benefits” (and after that episode, I don’t trust the CW to do a sympathetic, non-offensive African American lead at all)? If I wanted to watch Gossip Girl, I’d watch Gossip Girl. This pilot sounds as though it has nothing in common with the original show and seems a carbon copy of every other show on the CW, right down to the annoying, unnecessary forbidden love angle. I’ll watch the backdoor pilot, as I watch every Supernatural episode, but I doubt I’ll be giving this new show a chance. Not with a premise this flawed.

25. Meh says:

OK, black lead is good, now please cut out the forbidden love crap and introduce some better gender variety, plus queer characters. Then I will actually watch.

• alistaircrane says:

Why does love creep you out? How sad. No wonder you can’t get a date, fanboy.

• Francine says:

What’s sad is how nasty you are to people who have a different opinion than you.

• alistaircrane says:

Their opinion is pretty damn stupid, and they need to be called on it. Hopefully I’ll help them change their ways.

• Francine says:

It’s not stupid, its just different than what you want! You may enjoy for the forbidden romance angle but not everyone does. Your opinion is not the only way to see something and it doesn’t make them wrong and you right. Its interesting that you are calling people out for making assumptions about the premise of this show when here you are, doing the same thing- assuming. Assuming that people who dont want a love story are people who just hate love or “cant get laid”. I have no clue why you have to be nasty for no apparent reason. Oh well, have a good one.

• alistaircrane says:

Give it a rest, Francine. The world would be a lot more harmonious if everyone shared my opinion. It’s my prerogative to try to make that world a reality.

• Francine says:

Lol, thats about the the response I expected. Seriously, have a good night.

• First off, I’m not a guy. Way to make kneejerk assumptions, there. Second, romance is fine, but romance tends to take over CW shows like bad plot kudzu. And third, the forbidden love and love triangle tropes are overdone to a crisp on the CW. They are never interesting and always come off as though a show is catering to the dumbest of teens. There are other stories to do.

It’s not awful to expect a spinoff of Supernatural to actually resemble *something* in the original source material, rather than looking like a cookie cutter version of every other failed CW pilot ever done. Bad romance and dumb-teen-bait aren’t why SPN has lasted this long.

26. Z Mendoza says:

well, i will watch the pilot at least. i’m not gunna be a douche and judge it without having seen a single scene.

27. diane bunde says:

Sound familiar…..kinda reminds me of Underworld.
    Dont think l will watch..to many shows on about rivals and forbidden love….lets get original.

28. Ryan Parks says:

I am a big fan of Supernatural and the twist and turns that go along with the show. I have a casting suggestion, and not to pump myself up but i think i would be a great fit for the role of Ennis Roth. If I could show you guys how good of a worker I am, I fell we would benefit as I would love to work on a Supernatural related project.

You can contact me at 410-298-8625

• AJ says:

Oh man, I really hope that’s not your real phone number. Also, if you’re seriously interested in getting the role (or any role for that matter), this really isn’t the way to do it.

29. Dan says:

I think the Abaddon & the men of letters should have been the spin off.

• Lilly says:

God, yes. THAT would have been a spin off. Alaina Huffman is amazing and they finally did good with the MoL mytharc. And it’s not like they’re doing anything with it in SPN.

30. batwench says:

Was so looking forward to “The Cas and Crowley Show”. Oh Well! before people decide that they aren’t going to watch it, lets give it a chance shall we?

31. Heathers says:

Sounds like Grimm 2.0. And just how is a cop living in poverty? They may not be mega rich, but they don’t make minimum wage either.

32. Kay says:

This sounds quite different from Supernatural, and so I hope it finds a completely different audience and succeeds! It’s a very good sign that quite a few Supernatural fans are saying this doesn’t appeal to them and they won’t watch. I like the idea of the black lead, ensemble cast, and two female characters – already sounds completely different from Supernatural.

33. Brio says:

A while ago, Mark Sheppard joked about a Supernatural spin off, a comedic one called “Oh, Crowley”. I would watch it, for sure. This one sounds more like a lame soap opera with supernatural beings, which definitely isn’t my thing.

Like I said above, I will watch the episode. But it’ll have to have a hell of a good plot and characters to keep me watching.

34. In fact no matter if someone doesn’t be aware of then its up to other visitors
    that they will help, so here it occurs.

35. CC says:

I liked SPN for the whole urban legends and ‘monsters creeping in the dark’ and such and having them right out there in the open just…ehg.

• alistaircrane says:

Doesn’t sound like they’re right out in the open. Sounds like the general public won’t know of their existence. An underworld-y kind of thing.

36. Sally woods says:

How about emilie ullerup as Margo

37. CBWBDK1 says:

This sounds horrible!! Why would Sam and Dean leave a town if it was invested with monsters? It makes no sense! They would kill every single one.

38. Jenn Wazny says:

Really not interested in another romance story gone awry. If the show has a good plot with strong characters that regularly get into adventures with a lot of action with comedic lines thrown in for good measure,,,I’d tune in. :)

39. Jessie says:

If this is a SPN spin-off, aren’t monsters irrelevant and powerless in a universe run by demons and angels? And if aren’t any demons and angels is this really a SPN spin-off? I’m not big on the demons/angels thing but so far I’m not seeing where the SPN spin-off is.

• alistaircrane says:

Wow. Supernatural is not, and has never been, all about the angels and demons. It’s about the monsters. This spinoff sounds perfect!

• Jessie says:

It’s not all about angels and demons, but they EXIST in SPN universe. I was wandering if they will pretend they don’t exist anymore or Dean and Sam will kill them all till episode 20. I don’t want to be negative here, I’m a very positive person actually, I was just hoping there will be some of SPN characters on. Crowley would been awesome, but wouldn’t fit in this story line. Benny and Kevin would be great too, but I don’t think that going to happened. But I’m exciting to see this episode 20 and I’ll try to keep an open mind!

• alistaircrane says:

Castiel would be a good fit for the spinoff. His role on SPN has served its course, and moving him to Tribes would revive the character.

40. alistaircrane says:

I am looking forward to this! I am a huge Supernatural fan…heck, I just spent almost $1000 to attend an upcoming SPN convention!

41. antrazi says:

A romance? Sorry, but that’s not why people watch SPN. And werewolves? Lacking in creativity, somebody?

• alistaircrane says:

What would you prefer the other monster tribe be? A Wendigo? Werewolves (or vamps) are a good choice because they are human most of the time and don’t require a lot of make-up/costuming. Also, there are a lot of Dean/Cas and Sam/Dean shippers out there, so yeah, I’d say romance is a big part of why people watch SPN.

• Mj says:

True. Also, another reason why they probably chose these creatures is because they tend to live in packs, hence why the tittle of the show is “Supernatural: tribes”

42. march says:

Well, doesn’t sound like my thing but I’ll give it a chance. It might surprise me. They could always bring in Jody, too.

43. Sheldon W. says:

West Side Story Supernatural? Will there be singing?

44. Mj says:

Someone please get Sinqua Walls to audition for Ennis!

45. Noé says:

We want Felicia Day (as Charlie Bradbury), Tiio Horn (as Dorothy) and DJ Qualls (as Garth Fitzgerald IV) in this spin-off! Would be awesome!!!!!

46. Carrie says:

I’ll certainly give it a try because it’s a SN spin-off. I don’t want to judge it before we’ve actually seen anything. The parts haven’t even been cast.

47. DorianGTZ says:

As a true-to the bone SPN fan, I will watch this spin-off. The only thing that makes me nervous is that this would take focus off of the SPN and shift it to “tribes”. Or in the worst case scenario that the producers would end supernatural in favor or this new show. I’ve however have read that there is no end in sight for SPN as long as the audience remains loyal. So I am very excited for this and hope that they deliver the same awesome experiences as Supernatural has for the last 9 years!

• alistaircrane says:

I don’t think that will happen. Just look at TVD and The Originals, or Grey’s Anatomy and Scandal. The showrunners of the main show has found time for the new show without affecting the quality of the original show in a negative way. And with Tribes, I doubt Jeremy Carver will be leaving SPN to oversee the new show. I predict a promotion for a writer like Adam Glass or Andrew Dabb.

48. Talia says:

Sounds interesting. I’m open to the idea of this show as long as the romance isn’t a main focus of the story. As for casting, Kendrick Sampson (Vampire Diaries) as Ennis, Mat Vairo (Revolution) as David, Elyse Levesque (The Originals) as Margo, Holliday Grainger (The Borgias) as Violet, Harry Lloyd (Game of Thrones) as Julian, and Pedro Pascal (Graceland) as Freddie.

49. Scotty says:

I winder how much they’re gonna butcher Supernatural canon. Not that Carver doesn’t do that fine on his own…

50. Jeff says:

Sounds too CWish to me. Maybe a bit Twilight. Also can one character please be older than 30? Just to add some weight to all this.

• alistaircrane says:

Nobody wants to watch shows about old people.

• Francine says:

Lol, yeah lots of people do, judging by the many, many shows currently on network and cable. Not like over 30 is old. But for the CW I guess it is. Not really their target audience.

• Considering the high number of TV-watching baby boomers out there, that’s the most ridiculous thing you’ve said so far. How old are you? Twelve?

• Mike says:

Yikes well you might want to consider selling your convention tickets that you mentioned earlier then because I don’t know if you realize it but Jared/Sam, Jensen/Dean, and Misha/Castiel are all over 30. Don’t know why you’d want to spend so much money going to a convention about a show you don’t even want to watch since it stars people your immature mind sees as old and see actors that apparently you can’t trust since you claim not to trust anyone over 30. I see why so many of your comments are so defensive and starry eyed when it comes to romance as you’re clearly about 15 years old and have yet to experience the real world. You’re going to cringe at your former attitude when you hit 30 and see how young you still are (provided you don’t screw your life up between now and then).