Did Revolution Sex Satisfy? Do Girls Look Better? A Dorky Vader? Coven's True Star? And More Qs

Downton AbbeyWe’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including Girls, Revolution, The Big Bang Theory and Parks and Recreation!

1 | What are the odds that Grimm‘s Monroe and Rosalee will just elope?

2 | Who kinda wanted Dracula‘s Lady Jayne to win when she fought Grayson? (And wouldn’t she have been a better object of affection than mousy Mina?)

3 | Even if there were nothing more to Downton Abbey than Violet and Isobel’s exchanges, wouldn’t you still watch — possibly even more devotedly?

RELATED | Spoilers on Grey’s, Walking Dead, Once, Reign, Dallas, Nashville, Parenthood and More

4 | Are we to believe, after watching Sherlock, that this delayed-death-via-belt-buckle is a real thing? (Asking for a friend.)

5 | Is the entire point of Gaby Hoffman’s Girls character — Adam’s homeless-looking, graveyard-littering, violently self-absorbed sister Caroline — to make the oft-maligned core characters look sympathetic by comparison?

6 | Could HBO please fast-track a half-hour Looking spin-off with nothing but Dom (Murray Bartlett) and his acerbically funny roommate Doris (Lauren Weedman) sitting on their couch talking? And speaking of the gay-centric dramedy: Doesn’t Patrick’s thudding naiveté about sex, race and relationships sometimes make it seem like he’s only been in San Francisco for eight months as opposed to eight years?

7 | How had no one come up with the brilliant Super Bowl alternative “Superb Owl” before it was introduced on The Colbert Report this week?

8 | Hart of Dixie, why did you have to finally get rid of Lynley only to replace her with an annoying kid?

President Obama Delivers State Of The Union Address At U.S. Capitol9 | Were you among the State of the Union viewers wondering (and perhaps not for the first time) what was on the table in front of House Speaker John Boehner? (Answer: An antique inkstand circa 1819.)

RELATED | Spoilers for Scandal, Once, NCIS, Teen Wolf, H50, Trophy Wife, Graceland and More

10 | Impetuous Revolution lovers Charlie and Connor have a lousy idea of pillow talk, no? (But Rachel’s “20 years is enough foreplay” line to/insta-striptease for Miles made up for it!) And to recap: Bret Michaels and David Schwimmer are still alive, but Steven Tyler isn’t? Lastly, TVLine reader Mbergs12 asks: “How was it that the decoy box Charlie left behind had the same lock on it as the actual diamonds? The key opened it with no problem.”

11 | As Justified‘s Joelle Carter herself asked on Twitter Tuesday night: Where’s a frying pan when Ava needs one?! And is anyone else dreading Art discovering the truth about Raylan’s role in Nicky Augustine’s assassination?Suburgatory

12 | Is it getting harder to buy Suburgatory‘s Lisa as a social outcast/insult magnet now that Allie Grant has blossomed into something of a bombshell?

13 | Did you almost think for a moment that Arrow was going to do a whole episode of salmon ladder? (How exciting for the ladies/depressing for the fellas that would have been!) And who else needed a moment to remember Laurel’s Season 1 pal Joanna?

RELATED | Arrow EP Talks of Oliver’s Obsession, Slade’s Revenge, Laurel’s Downfall, Juggling ‘Olicity’

14 | How bad did you feel for The Tomorrow People‘s Astrid when she found out she’d have to stay underground because of Stephen? And how exactly is she going to explain her absence to her parents? (But hey, at least she gets to spend her days and nights with John.)

15 | So, one day after Madonna hobbled on stage at the Grammys with a cane, she’s bumping and grinding on Miley Cyrus, cane-free, for MTV’s Unplugged? Was the cane just a prop? Is anything real anymore?!?!?

16 | Nashville fan Andrea asks: “Did Scarlett’s pill-popping give you a hint of the classic Saved By the Bell episode where Jessie gets addict to caffeine pills? ‘I have to sing… I’m so excited! I’m so excited… I’m so scared.'” Meanwhile, we want to know: After watching Juliette take so much verbal abuse from Jeff in recent weeks, how often did you play back her scathing monologue pointing out he’d lost not one but two of his best artists in a six-month period? Speaking of the unsinkable Ms. Barnes, can you believe she’s managed to make the once loathsome Avery into a completely sympathetic (and adorable) character?American Horror Story: Coven

17 | Instead of dwelling on the head-scratchers and loose ends with which the American Horror Story: Coven finale left us — Lord knows there were many! — can we instead just agree that the best part of the season was Frances Conroy’s brilliantly batty work as Myrtle Snow? OK, one loose end: Why didn’t Madison use her powers on Kyle when he was strangling her, as she did during the competition?

RELATED | Horror Story: Coven Finale Ratings

18 | Is The Vampire Diaries‘ Elena technically still inside of her body somewhere…?

The Convention Conundrum19 | Between the cell phone commercials and now his Big Bang Theory visit, James Earl Jones is very much out to shake up his officious, stoic image, huh? But are we really to believe Sheldon actually spent a day with the utterly goofy Star Wars vet, that it didn’t turn out to be some dream?

20 | Which Community reveal surprised you more: the return of Brie Larson’s coat check girl, or that Katie Leclerc’s hearing-impaired hottie was on the take?

21 | Now that they’re gone…. Can we all agree that Parks and Recreation‘s Chris and Ann made a terrible couple? (Translation: Ann deserves so much better.) Also: How random was it that both Community and Parks and Rec this week involved storylines about bribing assorted people to cut through red tape?

22 | On White Collar, were you surprised Rebecca didn’t jump into the water to try to escape?

23 | Hey, ‘member when splashy Super Bowl commercials actually premiered during the Super Bowl? Michael J. Fox, Cindy Crawford, Diet something…. Good times.

1. Ted says:

12. See Seth Cohen, all geeks on TV don’t look like geeks
    21. Nope they were a great couple Ann couldn’t do better

• cjeffery7 says:

12 – see Eden Sher/Sue Heck on The Middle and the 2 best friends on Super Fun Night – you gotta dress good-looking ladies down if you want a convincing “punching bag” character.

2. Fernando says:

I don’t get why Coven didn’t make the spin off base off of Myrtle Snow or maybe it was her spin off but Ryan said no because she had to died. He did say there was no spin off because the character whom would star in it had to dead. But it also could have been Madison, Misty, Delphine or Marie spin off

3. uh huh says:

3. Absolutely. They are pretty much the ONLY reason I’m still watching. Downer Abbey it is. (And PBS coupling it with the fantastically awesome Sherlock does it NO favors. No one’s talking Abbey ’round the water cooler on Mondays, it’s all Sherlock. I don’t even remember what HAPPENED on Downton by the time Sherlock ends.)

4. Not the belt buckle, the tightness of the belt cinched the stab wound closed, and when the belt was removed, the bleeding started. Improbable, but not impossible (and remember, it didn’t actually kill anyone).

22. Oh, yes. I kept waiting for it, waiting for it, and then it didn’t happen!

4. Sherlocked says:

Ohhh the Sherlock delay-death-by-belt buckle should be submitted to MythBusters!

5. JKT says:

#3 Yes and YES!

6. Katherine215 says:

1. Probably high, but i hope they don’t. THey’re so cute, and I want to see a Grimm at a Wesen wedding.
    10. I actually really liked their pillow talk. It surprised me Connor was such an optimist and it revealed how dark Charlie’s become since being the optimist in season 1. I have high hopes for these two, so I hope the writers don’t screw them up. Revolution has just been so good this year.

• Beth says:

I agree, this pairing of Charlie and Connor totally solves the feeling dirty about liking Charlie and Monroe together. I think a bigger question would be, didn’t Monroe seem jealous when he caught them?

• Katherine215 says:

I couldn’t decide if he was jealous, or if he was worried Miles was going to kill either Connor, Monroe himself, or both when he (Miles) finds out. I’m thinking they’re going to do a Charlie/Connor/Jason triangle now that Jason’s there. Which I probably wouldn’t mind if jason wasn’t so god awful boring this year.

• Tahonia says:

Monroe was a hoot when he discovered Charlie and Connor together. There is a part of my heart that was ready for Monroe and Charlie to be together, in spite of the resulting rage of miles and Rachel. There’s a part of me that has a soft spot for Monroe….I like this show.

• Ally Oop says:

I laughed so hard when Monroe walked in on them. I really enjoyed the pillow talk. We got a very serious moment when Charlie said she has no hope for her future. I still want Charlie and Monroe to get together–their onscreen chemistry is just too hot to ignore.

• JM says:

Agree, the pillow talk was great. Charlie is more likable this year, and Connor is way better than Jason.

7. asya says:

16 yes and yes! I don’t even think this is a bad stor uhh line for Scarlet but Jesse was the only thing I could think of. I wouldn’t have guessed early season 1 that Avery would be a fab of mine but he totally is now. It wad good to see him with Deacon last night. Maybe Avery is on a similar track.

8. Dominique says:

#14: i don’t really care. she’s cute, but that’s all there is right now. just wish the show wouldn’t push so hard for the stephen/cara and john/astrid pairings. sorry julie plec but looks like you might have to admit that not only is your lead character without charisma, so is his paring with cara you’re trying to shove down our throats.

9. Parker says:

wow tvline!!! you successfully made me hate you!
    Ann and Chris are a perfect couple! Don’t you dare talking like that, especially since they are gone now! (Great episode by the way!)

10. 17 – I think it was because Cordelia was drawing the life out of Madison to revive Zoe at the same time. She was fighting for her life on two fronts, and she couldn’t do it.

• Brian says:

I’ve seen many people post about that and yours makes perfect sense to me.

• Rook says:

That makes sense but my only problem is all the people brought back to life never had someone else dying to do so. I guess its just another loose end.

• Rob says:

17 – As they said earlier in the season, the only reason all the witches’ powers were spiking was because the new Supreme hadn’t yet come into her powers. After that point, all of the others would have settled down to each being able to do a few sorts of powers, but none as strong as the Supreme. Cordelia was becoming the Supreme at the exact moment that Madison was dying. I don’t think, like others thought, that she was drawing the life out of Madison, but instead that all of Madison’s powers were abandoning her when she needed them most because she was no longer a potential Supreme.

As far as Frances Conroy, yes, she was absolutely divine. Easily the best thing about the season. I will love Myrtle Snow forever.

11. ... says:

1: I’d be surprised if the show didn’t have a Wesen wedding of some sort, even if it’s just Monroe, Rosalee, a Wesen preacher, Nick, Hank, and Juliette in attendance. I don’t see a way for Monroe or Rosalee’s parents to attend if the wedding is going to be this season, considering the objections they have to the union.
    2: I loved Lady Jayne so much. I knew she had to die, but she had scorching chemistry with Grayson and I think she was easily the most formidable foe he took down over the course of the season.
    6: Looking is such a wonderful show anyway, but yeah, Dom and Doris are the funniest part. From the first conversation, you could tell that they’ve been friends for eons and they bring a lot of fun to the show. I understand Patrick’s naivete – he strikes me as someone who doesn’t take any risks and puts himself inside the box that society (both mainstream and gay) has built for people like him, so I buy that he’s very awkward about sex and that he only dates the type of guys he thinks he’s supposed to.
    8: I don’t know, Harley made me laugh and I thought he was one of the better child actors I’ve seen in a while. I’m just glad that Lynly was cut loose because she added nothing and I was not ready for another 10+ episodes of whining, insecurity, and that shrill, shrill speaking voice.
    12: She doesn’t look like a bombshell. She looks like a bobblehead version of herself and like someone who needs a sandwich.
    17: Frances Conroy gave a performance as fun as the rest of the season should have been. She was tremendously campy (in a good way) and ended up being the only person I rooted for after the show forgot Misty existed. BALENCIAGAAAAA!

12. Rosie says:

10. I was expecting more from Miles and Rachel, although the fact that we don’t know the extent of their history kinda bugs me. Cutting to Charlie was another disappointment. How do you even choose mini Monroe over his much more attractive dad? I guess I thought the writers were going for a twisted storyline with Charlie and Monroe, but looks like they decided to play it safe with Connor.

18. Elena’s definitely still in there, she just lost control over her body. Katherine’s a fierce bitch and I love her. She makes TVD fun to watch, with all her evil scheming and whatnot. Hope she stays for a while.

• Katherine215 says:

I thought we’d see more of Miles and Rachel but then I assumed that this was a drawback of the 8pm timeslot. I personally love the Connor/Charlie storyline and find Connor much more attractive than Monroe, but I can see the appeal.

13. Patrick Maloney says:

18. Yes, she’s still in there just like Peter Parker is still alive in his own body when Dr. Octopus pulled the same trick on Spider-Man

14. WayneInNYC says:

AHS: Coven had already established the Madison couldn’t controd her powers when she was in panic mode.

15. WayneInNYC says:

My typing sucks today.

16. Kim R says:

22. Yes! I really thought she was going to jump. :)

17. On Nashville, as soon as those pills were brought up (before they were actually stated to be caffeine pills like Jessie’s) I thought: Who is Scarlett supposed to be? Jessie Spano? I loved it when Juliette told off Jeff. And yes, I wouldn’t have thought at the beginning of the first season that I would be liking Avery or fully supporting a relationship with him and Juliette.

I know American Horror Story cares more about the shock value than coherent storylines, but it felt more disjointed to me this season than before. I would just start to understand where one storyline was heading before it switched directions or was dropped until it suddenly popped up later. Here’s hoping for a more concise story next season that doesn’t fizzle out before the season is over.

• Tahonia says:

Gotta love Juliette this year. And I’m hoping the Avery redemption lasts, but I still am holding out fear that he’ll revert to his “what’s best for me” attitude he had with Scarlett.

18. Sara says:

#12 – She wasn’t too nerdy looking before, but she seemed to have dropped a bunch of weight this new season to the point where it’s a little concerning…is her weight loss really why you’re saying she’s “blossomed into something of a bombshell” now?!

19. Daisy says:

RE: James Earl Jones Stoic? Absolutely. Officious? Not even.

20. Jen says:

12. She still looks geeky

21. HSM says:

#12– I adored her on weeds where she earned her fortune as a huskeroos girl on Weeds, much to her mother’s dismay, but she is alarmingly thin this season, thinner than the very thin lead actress. I hope that she is healthy, but she must be hungry to achieve and maintain that weight loss.

22. R. says:

20. “Hearing-impaired” is offensive to deaf and hard of hearing people. It’s a common slip up but it’d be really great if you could change it.

• Malachi says:

And the fundamental difference between “hearing-impaired” and your preferred “hard of hearing” is what, exactly?

23. HAP says:

#22- I was actually more surprised that after Rebecca realized that she couldn’t kill Neil, and aimed the gun at herself, that she would commit suicide. All in all, I think we are going to see more Bridget Regan. Dontcha think shes behind the abduction of Neil?

• MaryK says:

Either Rebecca is behind the abduction or she’s going to aid the FBI in finding Neal. I can see Peter going to Rebecca for help but she wants something in return. I just hope that Neal’s abduction lasts one or two episodes, not the whole season.

24. MelB says:

Gaby Hoffman is crazy genius on Girls. Love it!!

25. sarah says:

13)Yes I was happy the salmon ladder was back. I had actually wondered earlier in the season where Laurel’s friend was.
    16)Funny I watched Saved by the Bell but that was not what entered my mind when she took the pills.
    As for Juliette I was so happy with what she said to Jeff, he is lucky she did not slap him. Yes she has made Avery super likeable but he also was likeable this whole season.
    18) I sure as heck hope so as I am not a huge fan of Katherine and can not go the rest of the series with Katherine in Elena’s body, I want Elena back.

• The Beach says:

Wanna bet Juliette is going to sign with Rayna’s new record label?

• Will says:

I haven’t seen this weeks episode, but I’ve been wondering why they ever bothered to get rid of her friend/coworker in the first place! Same with Walter… and they brought him back in the premiere but that was it – for what!? Neither character got a chance to be fleshed out.

26. The Beach says:

Every word out of Myrtle Snow’s mouth was comic gold. I found myself having to listen very closely to what she said so I wouldn’t miss anything…love her !

27. Rose says:

10. Why hook Charlie with mini Monroe when she has such amazing chemistry with the real deal, Bass??!!
    17 and 22 Exactly what my mind was thinking!!

28. JM says:

Regarding Justified, I wish Ava would get out of jail already! I miss her! She and Boyd make a perfect pair. And yes, I’m really scared about Art finding out the truth. It will put him in a very difficult situation, because we know he cares about Raylan.

29. Kim says:

1. I would totally elope but I don’t see the show doing that. Still not clear on the exact reasons Monroe’s parents are so against the marriage. Is it because of the predator/prey wesen difference?

8. Ugh, so true. Though I have to admit Linley did grow on me just a little but at the end of the day, she was still a horribly written character. That voice! >_< annnnd now we're stuck with annoying kid who is a terror and the mother just lets him be that way?

30. JM says:

Oh, forgot to mention that the lines in Revolution about Brett Michaels and Steven Tyler were hilarious!! The Brett Michaels still being around with the cockroaches line HAS to be a quote of the week!!!

31. Dev says:

Parks & Rec’s Ann definitely deserves better than any Rob Lowe character.

32. Angela says:

#7: I don’t know. But that is one of many, many reasons why Stephen Colbert is awesome :D.
    #20: I was very pleasantly surprised to see Brie Larson at the end (and Abed asked her out on a date! Awwww!). Though I did like his interaction with Katie’s character, too, and I was kind of sad that that storyline turned out the way it did.

33. Cassandra says:

21) Without Leslie around to give Ann constant positive affirmations, she’s going to need someone to fill that void. Who better than the eternally upbeat Chris?

34. Rose says:

The good thing about putting Charlie and Connor together is that we finally could see what’s her state of mind nowadays. She thinks she’s going to die, so she gets some sex with the cute boy. Also, I’m very glad the show finally buried all the possibilities of Charlie and Monroe being together. The thought of Charlie being romantically or sexually involved with the man she has always seen as a devil man who killed half of her family is beyond disturbing. Unlike Rachel, who clearly also blames herself for Danny’s death and Ben’s death as much as she blames Monroe, Charlie has only Monroe to blame for her family’s death. So the idea of a romance between Charlie and Monroe doesn’t make any sense. And no, Monroe wasn’t jealous at all. He was simply very worried about what Miles and Rachel are going to think if they find out about it. Monroe wants Miles and Rachel to trust and accept him. Monroe was very much into Duncan. If well written, the relationship between Monroe and Duncan could become interesting.

35. DR says:

#8 – Hate the kid. What has happened to this show? Wasn’t this show supposed to be a “fish-out-of-water” tale about a big-city doctor who moves to a small southern town and how she copes with her new (and much different) surroundings? Now, the stories are just boring.
    #19 – I also expected Sheldon to wake up on the morning of the day that the tickets went on sale, then make some comment about how all of them “really, really need to get tickets.” Oh well, another disappointment this season…just one of many…..

• suzi says:

#19- Not disappointing at all. Having it be a dream would have been the easy, expected ending. Having JEJ be a fun-loving, goofy guy was a wonderful surprise, for me anyway.

36. Rose says:

The Miles and Rachel sex was forced, like everything else about this relationship. The writers are trying to make them adorable, while forgetting that Miles personally tortured Rachel, attempted to punch her, tried to suffocate her, held her captive, kept her away from her family, tried to kidnap her husband (his brother) and didn’t care about their kids at all. They don’t even talk about those things with each other. They don’t talk about Ben or Charlie. Everything between Rachel and Miles is retconned, superficial and forced.

• mp says:

i don’t agree, if you think about it rachel and miles were together before and after she married Ben. and then there is the fact that because of rachel it was possible to launch the nuclear bombs, she feels bad for killing god know how many people and he feels bad for having to torture her and leaving her with monroe, even do he did not know that she was alive. and the possible reason why they don’t talk about it is because of the elephant in the room that is charlie.

• Maureen says:

thank you, I feel exactly the same way about Miles and Rachel. I love the Miles character but it bugs me to no end that he and Rachel are now the cutsy couple after the second half of Season 1 had more questions and no answers about their relationship, especially during her captivity. I really would have liked the writers to go deeper into those questions first before bringing them both together as a couple.

37. jenferner8 says:

I loved JEJ and Sheldon!! And a dash of Crazy Carrie Fisher, priceless! That was the best crazy episode so far! I was actually worried that it would turn out to be a dream, so happy it wasn’t.

38. Babybop says:

Ann deserves better? I think Chris deserves better…

39. Rebecca Parker says:

re: 12

I think the actress looks borderline unhealthy – she’s become far too skinny.

40. Madison not using her powers was my biggest question.

41. Heathers says:

12. Allie Grant looks emaciated! Someone give her a sandwich, I’m not saying she should return to her “Huskeroos!” Weight, just quit starving herself.
    17. She was fabulous!

42. Ram510 says:

21) Nope! Chris and Ann are a great couple

• tvguy says:

agreed. i don’t get why “she could do better”? Maybe HE could do better. Anne banged like half the town, dated/banged a bunch of dudes that work in local gov’t, she adopts the persona of who she is dating and quits and accepts jobs on a whim so she isn’t reliable. i don’t actually feel that way, but both characters had their flaws but were both good people with a lot of love to give and in the context of the story were a perfect match for each other.

43. Syl says:

10. I don’t really like the Charlie/Connor hook-up. I knew it was coming, but hoped they wouldn’t go there. It was nice to see some insight into Charlie’s head since she’s basically been relegated to the back burner the last couple episodes (if not most of the season), but I think they probably could’ve done it a different way. I will say that if it had to happen, I’m glad that it happened the way it did. She was basically toying with him like a little puppy dog the entire episode. There was no build up. There wasn’t even a kiss shown. It was all after the fact. I mean how romantic is “you were cute and I was bored”? I’m not sure I see it going past friends with benefits. I just pray that they don’t do a triangle between Connor/Charlie/Jason. I’m so sick of all the love triangles. Also, I’m going to just come out and say it: Monroe and Charlie have some serious chemistry going on this season. I would’ve enjoyed that “so wrong, it’s right” hook up more than Charlie/Connor.

Don’t get me started on Miles/Rachel… There are just too many things we don’t know about their time together, especially with her as his prisoner, which I feel like the writers have forgotten about except when it comes to Bass. She turned herself into MILES originally! I feel like the writers are trying too hard to make them the couple for the show that they are losing most of what made them hot last season which was their twisted, complicated relationship.

• Maureen says:

Exactly…I am so glad I am not the only one who feels this way about the Miles and Rachel story this season.

• geekygirl says:

I’m betting Miles is actually Charlie’s father, there has been a lot of hints and foreshadowing of this.

I also think Charlie knows she gets under Monroe’s skin, and sleeping with his son is one more way to wind up the tension There was nothing romantic about her encounter with Conor, it was a real role reversal of guy uses girl, she shrugged it off, he got knocked for six, excuse the pun.

44. Liz says:

I think it’s cute that tvline still has expectations that a tv show will cast an even remotely-less-attractive woman as a “nerd”.

45. Rich Abey says:

#1. Eloping is possibly on the cards given that Monroe’s parents didn’t take too well to Rosalee, let alone Nick!

46. telltale says:

#14. Astrid stuck underground is not a bad thing, especially since john is stuck there recovering from his injuries, thanks to Astrid. Hopefully her time there won’t encounter any conversation between that incredible annoying Russell, ugh, he really works my last nerve, he soooo cocky.

47. Jillian says:

23. I am so annoyed by this. I haven’t watched any of the commercials yet. What’s the point of advertisers playing 3+ mil for a 30 second commercial if they are going to put it on youtube the week before?

48. Delena forever says:

18. she batter be (is all I’m allowing myself to say out loud)

49. Susan says:

Loved the JEJ storyline! Finally someone got Sheldon to have a little fun.
    I wasn’t sure what Rebecca would do. You could see the conflict in her face.

50. Colleen says:

18 : I thought it was kind of obvious that the whole reason for needing Katherine’s body was so they could transfer Elena into it…