Ratings: Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Mindy Project Surge, Supernatural Eyes a 3-Year High

114B99_scn37_010With CBS’ drama line-up and ABC’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in repeat mode, Fox’s comedies were Tuesday’s big winners.

The most sizable gains were enjoyed by Brooklyn Nine-Nine (4.5 million viewers, 1.9 demo rating), up 29 and 36 percent, and The Mindy Project‘s winter finale (3 mil/1.5), up 20 and 36 percent. Dads (3.9 mil/1.5) meanwhile rose 22 and 25 percent, and New Girl (3.7 mil/1.8) was up 16 and 13 percent.

RELATED | New Girl Vs. Mindy Project: Which Romantic Twist Was More Awww-some?

ABC’s comedies, however, weren’t laughing. Leading out of a SHIELD rerun (3.7 mil/0.9), The Goldbergs (4.7 mil/1.5) fell three tenths, while Trophy Wife (3.5 mil/1.0) ticked down a tenth to a series low.

Closing ABC’s night, Killer Women was flat at 3.6 mil/0.7.

RELATED | Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on NCIS, The Mindy Project and Much More

The CW’s numbers are subject to some NBA-related adjustment, but as it stands now, The Originals (2.35 mil/1.0) rose 14 percent and a tenth, while Supernatural (2.7 mil/1.1) was up 23 percent — to its most watched episode since Oct. 15, 2010 (“Weekend at Bobby’s”) — and a tenth.

RELATED | CW Boss Talks Inevitable Supernatural Renewal, Breaking Pointe Cancellation

Over on NBC, Biggest Loser (5.7 mil/1.9) gained two tenths, while Chicago Fire (7 mil/1.8) was flat.

1. Carrie says:

Wow. Good for “Supernatural”. It was a great episode.

• roz12 says:

Supernatural is totally “The Little Show Than Could”! I’m just so proud of it it’s ridiculous, as if it were something of mine! But it sure deserves good :) GO Supernatural!

2. Samantha says:

Haha the Justin Bieber fans’ plan to boycott Supernatural sure backfired.

3. Mark says:

I guess the annoying Tumblr campaign I’ve been bombarded with for the past several days to get people to watch Supernatural because of something stupid that Justin Bieber said worked then?

4. Jennifer says:

So glad that Mindy’s ratings were up! It’s the best show on TV right now! I’m desperate for a season 3!

5. wrstlgirl says:

Chicago Fire was an amazing episode with a tiny cross-over into tonight’s Chicago PD. Looking forward to see it :-) Haven’t watched SPN yet but have no doubt it was great.

6. Dee says:

Fantastic for Supernatural!!!!!!!

That episode was one of the best that has been seen for a while.

Everybody was great.

7. Boiler says:

Why do people watch shows like the Biggest Loser? These “reality” shows just bring out the worst in people. Ooops guess I just answered my own question:(

• wrstlgirl says:

I don’t watch it but I think this show in particular inspires a lot of people to try and better themselves, that’s just going by some comments I’ve seen on other boards.

• Francine says:

Yeah I agree. I know it still has its criticism but I think as far as reality shows go- at least this one does some good. I’ve watched it occasionally and enjoy it.

• Girl in MD says:

Actually @ Boiler if you have ever watched the Biggest Loser you would know it doesnt bring out the worst in people This show is actually the opposite and brings out the best in people. Last nights was the makeover episode and it was a great episode. The Biggest Loser is all about inspiring people to be healthy and to motivate them to start excercising and eating healthy.

• Boiler says:

OK I was talking about reality shows in general as every time I see one with big viewing I think how many decent scripted shows go away because of it. If this show really helps people great but TV really not the place for it in my own opinion. Sorry if offended

8. JohnG says:

Looks like Supernatural won’t be going anywhere anytime soon with those numbers

9. b says:

The Originals is A+mazing! The show hasn’t had a bad episode(filler) and keeps getting better. Hoping Davina returns she’s one of my faves! Still upset that Tim was killed off! Supernatural was great last night, too!!

10. b says:

Is Davina coming back or what? Micheal A, any idea?

• Elyse says:

that part had me so upset! i should have known it would happen but i was hoping it wouldn’t.

**spoiler alert** an article i read said she has been tweeting from set recently so theres a good chance she’ll come back. it said they will definitely be looking for ways to bring all of the girls back.

11. Girl in MD says:

Too bad for Killer Women I actually like the show i think its kinda campy but interesting plot points. Watched the Biggest Loser last night and the makeovers were AMAZING! I cried like a baby watching the reveals and then everyones families and loved ones showing up to see thier progress.

12. Kevin says:

Trophy Wife just keeps getting better. Very doubtful there will be a season 2. TMP was great last night so happy the ratings are up!

13. Aprilcot says:

New Girl and Mindy killed it last night! I wish more people would watch Mindy on a regular basis; it’s consistently funny. I just hope they handle the Mindy/Danny kiss better than New Girl handled the Nick/Jess kiss. New Girl has been sorely lacking this season, but I felt that last night’s episode was the best of the season so far.

14. Thilia says:

Goldbergs is literally the best new show on TV right now. I can’t believe people haven’t gotten into it. They are literally the every family from the 80s.

15. Anna says:

Mindy and New Girl were both great last nite! The Mindy Project has been on fire this season. I just wish more people would watch. :/

16. Mehvash says:

yes!!! so glad Mindy Project was up. it was so awesome last night.

17. James D says:

loved New Girl last night. I’m so glad I just started watching Brooklyn 99 it’s hilarious.

18. Apples says:

Love the bump for B99. Great show.

19. jjovana3 says:

Mindy better get renewed!! Its this year’s Happy Endings!

20. Caroline says:

So happy for Supernatural! After all these years it is still one of the best shows on television!