Golden Globes 2014: The Best & Wildest Moments

The 2014 Golden Globes telecast certainly served up its fair share of surprises — heck, we’re pretty sure Jacqueline Bisset’s gonna think her friends are pulling her leg when she checks her voice mail messages Monday morning — but everyone knows that winners and losers extend beyond what went down at the podium.

RELATED | Golden Globe Award Winners 2014 — Full List

And thus, while we sit here grumbling over Tatiana Maslany’s admission to the “It’s an Honor Just to Be Nominated” Club and wondering whether all those fashion-oriented sites will recognize Sandra Bullock’s gown authoritaaay, we must also take stock of which folks managed to score victories in the court of water-cooler opinion Sunday night.

RELATED | Golden Globes: What the Winners Said Backstage — Including Jacqueline Bisset’s ‘Explanation’

In fact, without further ado, let’s rewind and enjoy the funniest, craziest and most unexpected moments at the 2014 Globes — from Julia Louis-Dreyfus’ surprise snack to Aaron Paul’s profane shout to Jennifer Lawrence’s (standard operating) charmingness.

Click through our picks below, then hit the comments and tell us if you agree with our take on this year’s show. And for all of TVLine’s post-Globes interviews, galleries, and other insider intel, do follow us on Twitter @TVLine!

Comments (40)

• Tatiana Maslany was ROBBED!!

Comment by Metoo – January 12, 2014 10:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Clone Club Forever!

Comment by GeoDiva – January 12, 2014 10:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • did you watch Robin Wright in House of Lies? Don’t get me wrong, I love Tatiana Maslany, but I can’t be mad at Wright winning. They were my two favorites in a and incredibly heavy weight category. It’s all apples and oranges anyway.

Comment by ddutchie88 – January 13, 2014 04:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • House of lies……..honestly, do you even watch the show?? Tatiana Maslany played seven different person with different personalities, just saying, Seven.

Comment by Nia – January 13, 2014 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • And none of the 7 were quite as good as the one Robin played in House of Cards. She wasn’t robbed of anything.

Comment by Michael Angelo – January 13, 2014 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • You’re kidding, right? Listen, I love House of Cards as much as the next person and agree that Robin’s performance is stellar but Tatiana Maslany’s portrayal of playing multiple characters with different personalities, accents, and characters traits all while seeming like 7 different actresses entirely is a pretty astounding feat. Robin is stellar but Tatiana is transcendent.

Comment by Lux Landon – January 13, 2014 02:23 PM PDT
      • House of Lies = Don Cheadle
        House of Cards = Robin Wright

Goodnight.

Comment by r0ckmypants – January 13, 2014 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I concur

Comment by Draven – January 13, 2014 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Favorite line was Amy Poehler teasing Julie Louis Dreyfus about her switching from being a TV person to a movie person, “hi Julia..you know us from TV”. Easily my favorite. That bit was great. I wish they did even more with a few other stars like Sandra Bullock and Tom Hanks even Melissa McCarthy(who did her own bit). They definitely could have utilized some of the funnier stars. But I’m hoping/thinking Ellen will do that at the Oscars. Tina and Amy did a great job tonight.

Comment by Stacie – January 12, 2014 10:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tatiana Maslany and Lupita Nyong’o were robbed!

Comment by Victoria – January 12, 2014 10:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, ALL the people with crazy names were robbed!!

Comment by Lumplestilskin – January 13, 2014 05:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ahhh I was really hoping Corey Stoll would win!

Comment by Annie – January 12, 2014 11:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really enjoyed tonight GGs. The only big surprises to me were the wins for Andy Samberg and Brooklyn 99. The 2 disappointments for me were Monica Potter and Tatiana Maslany. To be fair though I never saw Dancing on the Edge so she may have been more deserving, and Robin Wright is fantastic in HoC. Favorite line of the night was Tina’s crass introduction for Leonardo DiCaprio, followed by there joke about George Clooney. So happy about Amy Poehler finally getting an award, and Bryan Cranston and BB getting some HFPA love.

Comment by Cassandra – January 12, 2014 11:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh I forgot one thing, Emma Thompson proved yet again that Brits aren’t as stuffy as most Americans would assume.

Comment by Cassandra – January 12, 2014 11:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you about the best lines of the night. Very happy that Amy Adams and Leo won in their categories. Good to see BB/Bryan Cranston win for that last great set of episodes. GGs are always a fun show and even better with Tina/Amy on board as the hosts.

Comment by MC – January 13, 2014 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy for Brooklyn 99 and 12 years a slave. Much of the wins seemed like they were winning due to past performances.

Comment by Mika02 – January 13, 2014 12:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for #19, Michael Slezak!

Comment by Crystal – January 13, 2014 03:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Idris Elba – UNFFF! How is it legal to look that HOT all the time?

Comment by Miranda – January 13, 2014 03:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy for B99
    Forever loling at Maslany fangirls/boys.

Comment by Apples – January 13, 2014 04:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rudest Presenter: P Diddy. He kept butting in.

Surprised noone mentioned Leo thanking some more people before he announced the nominees for the category he was presenting. I remember someone doing that before and got a lot of flak. Can;t remember who exactly though.

Comment by JON – January 13, 2014 04:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think you may be referring to last year’s either Oscar or GG when Jennifer Garner presented an award and Ben had given her a couple more names to thank that he had forgotten. I do think it’s inappropriate, especially considering how many of those celebs complain that the shows go on too long as is.

Comment by Cassandra – January 13, 2014 04:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think you may be talking about Anne Hathaway, whom if I recall correctly, interrupted the crew of Les Miserables when they won Best Comedy/Musical to thank people that she had forgotten.

Comment by choco – January 13, 2014 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • B99? Really? Unbelieveable….that is one BAD show!

Comment by KC – January 13, 2014 04:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • One bad-ASS show! Nice to see it win!

Comment by HTGR – January 14, 2014 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really happy with the Globes this year,
    Amy Poehler won!! YEAH BABY! and she and Tina were awesome as presenters of course. Duh.

Robin Wright, Amy Adams, the guys from Dallas Buyer Club (I love that movie), and of course my crush Jennifer Lawrence were among my fave winners of the evening. And Breaking Bad & Bryan Cranston naturally, also very deserved wins.

Haven’t seen B99 yet, just because I’ve seen the ratings and am afraid I’ll fall in love with it and have my heart broken by a cancellation.. again. This is a nice boost for the show though and as soon as it gets renewed for a second season I’ll catch up :)

I also love how all the big move awards were spread out over so many different films, because they were all so good this year and it would have been wrong if some would have been ignored.

My only peeve with this years GG’s is the lack of Orange is the New Black love. But hey, can’t have everything.

Comment by ddutchie88 – January 13, 2014 04:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah, the Julia Louis-Dreyfus switching to movies was my favorite too!

Really disappointed Tatiana Maslany didn’t win. I mean the worst part was that she was nominated. At least the Emmys pretended they hadn’t seen her and therefore did not give her anything, but the Golden Globes nominated her and thereby admitted to seeing her in Orphan Black and STILL didn’t give her the award.”Scandal!” (As Tina and Amy would say)

Comment by Mik – January 13, 2014 04:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So better not being nominated at all then…that’s some troll logic.

Comment by Hannah – January 13, 2014 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brooklyn 99 is not funnier than Modern Family… And since when is Wolf of Wall Street a comedy or musical? That’s the foreign press for you.. a group of 90 or so journalists who we are now recognizing as a viable group to recognize talent.

Comment by xwiseguyx – January 13, 2014 06:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s also not funnier than The Middle,Big Theory,Trophy Wife and Last Man Standing

Comment by Keith – January 13, 2014 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Big Bang Theory

Comment by Keith – January 13, 2014 07:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah it is and The Middle, come on.

Comment by HTGR – January 14, 2014 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t they figure out a better arrangement for the tables and chairs? The show was so long because it took people 2 minutes or more to get to the stage, cutting into speech time. Clear-cut paths too much to ask for?

Comment by demoniam – January 13, 2014 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. It’s ridiculous. It always seems like the winners are sitting as far away from the stage as possible and then they have to carefully maneuver their way up there.

Comment by Carrie – January 13, 2014 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Diane Keaton’s singing to complete her wonderful, heartfelt, Woody Allen tribute was the highlight of the night.

Comment by Alan Dvorkis – January 13, 2014 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. That was the loveliest moment of the show.

Comment by paula – January 13, 2014 04:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tina and Amy have sharp and clear wit. And always seem to find talented support in their antics. Currenlty I am working on a reality tv treatment/proposal called “Shady Pines ” where perhaps they can work together again and even do some writing.
    Shady Pines is an old inn; located at the corner of Arsenic and Old Lace. It is hosted by two crazy old ladies (Tina F. & Amy P.) where they are visited by “A” or “B” rated celebrities, either as themselves or as characters that they have played on TV. And weekly they come to meet their demise at the hands of these two ladies..sometimes in a funny way…sometimes in an American Horror Story way. Hmmm.. maybe the first visitors can be Julia Louis-D. ( as Elaine from Seinfeld) who meets Matt Damon & “his friend ” Ben …..
    ..get the craziness??The results could be delicious!

Comment by Bobby Stanley – January 13, 2014 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I did terrible with my picks! Only three right on the TV side,and seven right on the film side. But I walked away from the ceremony happy because Matthew McConaughey and Jared Leto won for great performances in a really great movie.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – January 13, 2014 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Let us not forget the priceless moment of Leo announcing Judie Dench as winner for “Philo-mania!” Hahaha

Comment by tvtvtv – January 13, 2014 04:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Can’t blame the guy. He had supermodel vagina on his mind…

Comment by Miranda – January 14, 2014 02:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post