Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Reign, Under the Dome, Americans, Big Bang, Bones, S.H.I.E.L.D and More

unnamed-2Got a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: I really want some scoop on Queen Mary’s lady-in-waiting Greer and kitchen boy Leith from Reign. —Vroni
Ausiello: Remember how Greer essentially said, “Aw, screw it” and decided to be with her lowborn hottie — Easy, right? Not so fast, says EP Brad Silberling. “She’s now going to still have to answer this challenge of, ‘Do I pick what is real love or do I essentially try to forward my family’s fortune?’ and that’s going to come into play with some interesting consequences, midway through the back half [of the season].” And those consequences just may involve another possible suitor, he adds. “You’ll see the two of them — and a potential triangle — begin to play out.”

RELATED | Winter TV Spoiler-palooza: Exclusive Scoop on 31 Returning Series, Including Reign and The Big Bang Theory

Question: Any plans for The Big Bang Theory to bring back Lucy? I’m still convinced she’s the one for Raj. —Kelly
Ausiello: No plans that I know of, but check this out: The show is casting the potentially recurring role of Yvette, a cute and somewhat surly veterinarian who ends up taking care of Raj’s dog Cinnamon. And this all goes down in next month’s Valentine’s episode. You thinkin’ what I’m thinkin’? Bonus Scoop: As we teased in our Winter Spoiler-palooza, comic/actor Brian Posehn reprises his role as Raj’s pal Burt in this Thursday’s episode. “Amy realizes that Burt has a crush on her,” reveals EP Steve Molaro. “And [Howard and Raj] help her navigate that.”

Question: Favorite new comedy and drama of 2014 so far — go!
Ausiello: Fox’s endlessly amusing Enlisted (bowing this Friday) and HBO’s grim, engrossing True Detective (bowing this Sunday). Top dramedy honors go to HBO’s rather good Looking. I’ve seen the first four episodes, and I’m anxiously awaiting the fifth.

Question: There’s no way that Ichabod’s son is really dead on Sleepy Hollow, right? –Jim
Ausiello: I’ll let series co-creator Roberto Orci field this one. “You know,” the cagey EP says, “When you’re dealing with God and the devil and that kind of thing, anything’s possible.” (For what it’s worth, I’d eat Ichabod’s dusty coat if Jeremy’s coven-stopped heart meant the end of that storyline.)

Question: I’ll get you 10 Diet Cokes if you can give me some scoop about what Prince is doing in the New Girl Super Bowl episode. —Kas
Ausiello: The gang attends a party at The Purple One’s crib, and he offers Jess some guidance on her relationship with Nick. Please make those DCs of the fountain variety, size large  — and don’t skimp on the ice (square cubes are preferable).

Question: Got anything on The Americans? —Amy
Ausiello: Nina and Stan’s next obstacle? Meryl Streep! The Greatest Actress of Our Time inadvertently drives a wedge between the star-crossed lovers in the Feb. 26 Season 2 premiere. And in what will prove to be the worst decision of her young life, junior detective Paige expands her investigation into her parents’ extracurricular activities beyond the laundry room.

RELATED | Save the Midseason Dates: Find Out What’s Premiering When!

Question: I’m a bit late, but happy anniversary, TVLine! Congrats to all involved. Now, do you have any juicy Bones scoop you want to share? —Rachel
Ausiello: Thanks, Rachel! Sentiments that precede demands for scoop are truly the most meaningful. On the Bones front, EP Stephen Nathan shares that the storyline involving Hodgins and the loss of his fortune “continues in a very interesting and surprising way” later this season. Also, as we previously scooped, Pelant resurfaces in this Friday’s Ghost Killer-launching episode, and his sorta-resurrection has a “very immediate and personal” impact on Brennan, teases Nathan. “In an odd way, he’s the driving force behind Brennan’s obsession [with TGK].”

Question: What can you tell us about a new Veronica Mars series after the movie? —Hani
Ausiello: I can tell you to back away from the crack pipe before you hurt someone.

Question: Is there anything that you can tease about upcoming episodes of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. that may have some comic-book feeling to it? —Andy B.
Ausiello: Well, short of setting foot at the Avengers Academy, the ABC drama next week will pay its first visit to S.H.I.E.L.D. Academy (which, of course, we first told you about back in November). Describing the training facility, Clark Gregg told Matt Mitovich, “It’s almost as magical as Tahiti, like Hogwarts for young S.H.I.E.L.D. padawan.” Wait, did he just magnificently merge three geek universes?

Question: Is there going to be a Season 2 of Secret Circle? That show is my favorite. —Candice
Ausiello: I said back away from the crack pipe, Hani, not pass it to Candice.

Question: I am still heartbroken about the cancellation of Enlightened. Would you give me some scoop on my other favorite show, Banshee, to smooth the emotional pain I still endure? —Sascha
Ausiello: First off, I think it’s hilarious that you’re looking to Banshee to fill the Enlightened void in your life. Secondly, the following things transpire in Friday’s excellent Season 2 premiere: Sheriff Hood has sex with someone not named Carrie, a squirrel is among the episode’s many casualties (and, FWIW, the only one I was sad to see go), and, if this exclusive clip didn’t paint a clear enough picture, Zeljko Ivanek’s Racine is bonkers.

Question: How about some scoop on Elementary? It’s virtually ignored in AA. Will we learn more soon about what Mycroft is up to? —Matt
Ausiello: You’ll likely get some additional intel later this season, since Sherlock’s bro is slated to appear in four “of the last six or seven episodes,” confirms exec producer Rob Doherty, who suggests viewers shouldn’t assume the worst when it comes to his intentions toward Sherlock. “We certainly want people to be wondering what his true motives are. But no, I would never assume the worst. I would consider the worst as one of many possibilities.” Oooh, well played. Didn’t see that one coming.

Question: I’m beggin’ ya to give me anything on the new season of Shameless! –Kori
Ausiello: Fiona’s new boyfriend/boss Mike is going to get a taste of the Gallagher way early on in the new season (bowing this Sunday). As leading lady Emmy Rossum reminds us, “The Gallaghers’ default is lying as survival and lying to survive.” So when Fi gets into an road rage-fueled accident with the company car, she decides to lie about it instead of coming clean. “The car gets completely totaled,” Rossum previews. “She tells Mike that she has no idea what happened to the car. She said it must have happened when she was getting her food. Of course, it turns out that this is such an epic road rage battle that there’s actually a YouTube of it. Mike sees it and knows that she’s lying from the beginning. They get into a really big fight.”

Question: I’m worried about The Carrie Diaries. It’s so good this season but not enough people are watching. Does it have any shot at being renewed? —Jaime
Ausiello: Showrunner Amy B. Harris remains optimistic. In fact, she tells TVLine that despite the underappreciated drama’s relatively weak ratings, it’s “very much” in the running for Season 3. “We’re still doing unbelievably well with streaming and DVR numbers, and that’s what got us picked up last season,” Harris notes. “We feel like we have a ton of story left to tell for these characters — so, fingers crossed. And The CW loves the show.” To that end, the Season 2 closer is being written as a season, and not a series, finale. “We told the 13 [episodes] with the idea that the finale would launch us into an exciting Season 3,” the EP explains. “[And] if this is the last episode, the audience will have some satisfaction, I guess, but I’ve certainly written it so we’ll have a very exciting Season 3.”

RELATED | 2014 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Cancelled? What’s Returning? What’s on the Bubble?

Question: Under the Dome Season 2 scoop? —Jim
Ausiello: This may strike you as odd, but the population of Chester’s Mill is about to spike. Season 2 will introduce three new characters, including Sam, a rugged gent better known to the locals as “the crazy drunk who lives alone in the woods” — and who harbors a family tie to a familiar face; Rebecca, a teacher in her 30s whom Big Jim beseeches to start back up the school, though not with the noblest of agendas; and, most curiously, a “new girl” in town (?!) who takes an avid interest in both Joe and Norrie.

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments, and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com. (Additional reporting by Vlada Gelman and Kim Roots)

1. iMember says:

Omg, a question about The Secret Circle. I LOVE the person who asked that question. I miss that show a lot.

• Cory says:

So do I. I recently re-watched it on Netflix. It was very good, much better than I remember it being having to watch it weekly when there were new episodes, and the last half of the season is some of the best programming to grace The CW’s airwaves. I miss it a lot.

• iMember says:

The second half of the season really was great television. The finale’s cliffhanger left SO much potential for a really great second season storyline.

• maki says:

It was a great show, but it lost viewers after the midseason final and the moment Cassie’s father appeared(the brilliant Joe Lando). These 4-5 slower episodes made viewers leave the show. My only issue was Thomas I think they shold’ve chose a stronger actor to lead the show,like Grey Damon who played Lee in a couple of eps. I like the show so much I’m writing a fanfic based on the SC mythology, 3rd Circle.

• trainwreck says:

One of the major reasons i think twice before starting to watch a good CW show.. they did same with Ringer and then Secret Circle!

• dude says:

Because no one watched them. You can’t expect networks to renew shows just because YOU liked them. I adored Privileged but the CW was right to cancel it, it’s ratings were weak and networks are a business. The CW is probably the best network for giving shows a chance. Generally they get a full season even with bad ratings which is more than other networks offer.

• +1 says:

Ringer and TSC were utter crap. Ringer was terrible (story-wise, awful acting!!) TSC was ok and it had potential but they didn’t know how to fully explore it. Plus, the show wasn’t THAT good. Just fine.

• Maryann says:

Don’t be so hard on people, Ausiello. She could have seen the show from a secondary source, with no idea that it was so long gone.

2. Christina says:

Major props to Clark Gregg. Marvel + HP + Star Wars = #winning

3. jenferner8 says:

Ummm…I can’t imagine anyone having a crush on Amy, there are times when Sheldon seems like he can barely tolerate her. Also, it’s pretty obvious that Ichabod’s son isn’t actually dead, I’d rather know who will be cast in the role.

• Sheldon finds puppies and snowflakes intolerable, so I’m not sure that you want to use him for a measuring stick. In real life, I’d understand someone having a crush on Amy much easier than someone having any sort of feelings for Sheldon, who is barely capable of dealing with/having very basic human emotions.

• jenferner8 says:

I get why she likes Sheldon, deep down he’s really a good person. He cares in his own eccentric way. I loved what he said to Amy about how intimate their relationship was for him and what that meant to him. But she creeps me out, sort of Norman Bates-ish.

4. Mary says:

“I wonder if they’ll kill Francis!” “He dies of an ear infection” “oh my god spoilers!” “OH MY GOD READ A BOOK.”

5. Thanks for the Agents of SHIELD spoiler. Love the show. :)

6. Holly says:

Oh God, does Paige walk in on her parents in the bedroom on “The Americans”? Because that would be all kinds of awkward and awesome!

7. Linda says:

I want Raj and Stuart together. ;)

• Theo says:

As cool as this would have been, and plausible- It’s CBS. You don’t hold your breath for queer representation because if you do, you would die.

8. Lliannan says:

Raj’s pal? Wasn’t Brian Posehn’s character just a guy at a table in the library? But I love Posehn and am happy to see him on anything.

9. zaza says:

Ha ha ha, Ausiello, your request for “square icecubes” reminds me of Hercule Poirot, from Agatha Cristie books. He liked everything around him to be square shaped and, like you, he was very good at finding out secrets!

• Lecholls says:

Yes! Hercule Ausiello with his wonderful symmetry. I love that. And thanks, Michael, for the New Girl scoop. I can’t wait for that episode.

10. the girl says:

I love The Carrie Diaries. I really hope it gets renewed.

11. prish says:

Re Sleepy Hallow: he’s a hunk and he’s cute. I assume his joining the troop is a given.

12. Jennifer says:

I can’t be the only one who would be absolutely thrilled to have Raj come out as bi. Anyone else? Would anyone actually be surprised if he did?

• ElenaGreece says:

Raj SHOULD come out as bi, Jennifer. You’re absolutely right. But I’m afraid the writers just don’t have the guts to portray him as bi. They could have done it years ago, and I think now they are too afraid to shock their audience…

13. tp says:

I’m really hoping they don’t follow the exact time line for Francis on Reign.

• Maryann says:

i don’t think you have to worry. Pretty much nothing on the show has been historically accurate so far, including Francis being attractive.

14. Barbara says:

Meryl Streep! The Americans! Best scoop ever! Can’t wait for this 2nd season premier!

15. nikki says:

LMAO!!! Crack. Pipe. Still laughing. Thanks for that one!

16. MotorCityGirl says:

I sqee’d out loud with the sorta thumbs up news about Carrie Diaries! Yay!

17. c says:

I will agree with the person who asked the question, there’s far too little Elementary on this site. Though, I should be happy about this, since I’m trying to avoid spoilers for this show (apparently unsuccessfully).

Anyway, I’m happy to see Mycroft again, since I like the character, but I really hope it goes better than the last time. I really didn’t like that Mycroft/Watson nonsense. I hope this storyline is dead and buried and never mentioned again.

• Luis says:

I actually enjoyed the Mycroft/Joan dalliance – I thought it was an excellent twist on the Holmes canon and a nice response to the whole speculation about whether Sherlock and Joan would become involved. Additionally I would watch Rhys Ifans read one of Mycroft’s restaurant menus, so I am stoked to see he’l be in four episodes before season’s end!

18. Matt C. says:

As someone who is super excited for the Veronica Mars movie, AND the potential for a series revival afterwards, I can proudly say I have never set foot near a crack pipe.

19. sanchopanza says:

I just want to let you – and CBS – know how much I am looking forward to Under the Dome coming back, or to whatever will happen in it. This is how much: zero. Absolute zero. I’d bet that if it never came back nobody would really mind.

• Zayne says:

I hate-watched that show until the bitter end and that finale was thankfully enough garbage that I have no desire to watch season 2. New people showing up feels very Nikki and Paulo and we all know how that turned out. Also, the “new girl” is basically season 2 Max. She popped out of nowhere with next to no explanation and was annoying for every second she was on screen.

20. Pass me the crack pipe! I want Veronica Mars series on Netflix!

21. Karen says:

I just marathoned The Americans, and can’t wait for Season two! I imagine Streep is going to be some kind of Rez bureaucrat, and she will, as usual, be amazing. More guests of her caliber would be welcomed.