Golden Globes: House of Cards, The Good Wife, Candelabra and Breaking Bad Lead Noms; Parks & Rec, Brooklyn, Spader and Maslany Score Nods

Get More: Awards, Golden Globes, News

Golden Globe Nominations 2014Nominations for the 71st annual Golden Globe Awards were announced Thursday morning in Beverly Hills, and Netflix’s House of Cards and HBO’s Behind the Candelabra led the TV pack with four nods each.

On the drama side, The Good Wife, Breaking Bad, The White Queen and Dancing on the Edge followed with three noms apiece.

Among comedies, NBC’s always underrated Parks and Recreation and Fox freshman Brooklyn Nine-Nine each netted multiple nods.

PHOTOS | Golden Globe Nominations 2014: The 30 Biggest Snubs

The Globes will be held Sunday, Jan. 12, 2014 in Beverly Hills, broadcast on NBC and hosted for a second time by the outstanding one-two punch of Tina Fey (30 Rock) and Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation). As with this week’s Screen Actors Guild Award nominations, the eligibility period was the 2013 calendar year.

Review this complete list of TV’s nominees, then share your raves and rants in the Comments.

• DRAMA SERIES

• DRAMA – ACTRESS
Julianna Margulies, The Good Wife
Tatiana Maslany, Orphan Black
Taylor Schilling, Orange Is the New Black
Kerry Washington, Scandal
Robin Wright, House of Cards

RELATED | SAG Award Nominations: Breaking Bad, Big Bang Theory and 30 Rock Lead the Pack, Orange Is the New Black and Mad Men Get Shut Out

• COMEDY OR MUSICAL SERIES

• COMEDY OR MUSICAL SERIES – ACTRESS
Zooey Deschanel, New Girl
Lena Dunham, Girls
Edie Falco, Nurse Jackie
Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Veep
Amy Poehler, Parks and Recreation

RELATED | Writers Guild Awards Nominations: Breaking Bad, Orange Is the New Black, House of Cards Lead Noms

• TV-MOVIE OR MINISERIES

• SERIES, TV-MOVIE OR MINISERIES – SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Jacqueline Bisset, Dancing on the Edge
Janet McTeer, The White Queen
Hayden Panettiere, Nashville
Monica Potter, Parenthood
Sofia Vergara, Modern Family

Visit our sister site Deadline for a complete list of motion-picture nominations.

Comments (163)

• Parks and Recreation!!!

Comment by Dr. Bombay – December 12, 2013 05:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And Amy Poehler!!!!

Comment by Dr. Bombay – December 12, 2013 05:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So happy that they got a nomination!!!

Comment by Nicole – December 12, 2013 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay for Brooklyn Nine-Nine!!

Comment by Sarah – December 12, 2013 05:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, love the recognition for The Nine-Nine!

Comment by Apples – December 12, 2013 06:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tatiana Maslany for Best Drama Actress. Nothing else matters!

Comment by iMember – December 12, 2013 05:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Annie – December 12, 2013 06:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And Monica and Hayden too! Nothing else matters…

Comment by Dr. L – December 12, 2013 06:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Tatiana, Monica and Hayden are all deserving to be picked. For once I’m not angry at an awards show nomination announcement.

Comment by Ally Oop – December 12, 2013 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know it’s like FINALLY!!!!!! I’m really happy for Tatiana. Plus I love the Good Wife and Orange is the New Black.

Comment by Britt – December 12, 2013 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay Tatiana!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love her so much!!!

Comment by Sarah – December 12, 2013 05:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tatiana!

Comment by FatherOctavian – December 12, 2013 05:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TATIANA MASLANY.

Comment by Joe – December 12, 2013 05:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tatiana Maslany breaks through! Hell yes!

Comment by Jared – December 12, 2013 05:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brooklyn 9-9 !

Comment by dru – December 12, 2013 05:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parks and Rec!! Amy Poehler!!

Comment by Kyle – December 12, 2013 05:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG I’m liking these already! I’ve got nothing to complain. Andy samberg & Tatiana Mosley hell yeah!

Comment by Liz – December 12, 2013 05:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mike Shur is having a good morning…both of his comedies are nominated and his leads are as well!

Comment by Kyle – December 12, 2013 05:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hate how they lump all the supporting actors together. And can this obsession with Sophia Vergara just stop already?

Comment by Dr. Bombay – December 12, 2013 05:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed on both points!

Comment by Kyle – December 12, 2013 05:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, I don’t get how attaching her name to a clothing line or marketing for a show would make people actually want to wear/watch those things more. But if it makes you feel better, she doesn’t stand a chance of winning.

Comment by TigerNightmare – December 12, 2013 05:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. Makes no sense to lump them together if your going to split the lead categories.

Comment by Alichat – December 12, 2013 06:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • her boobs are just too attractive for Golden Globes voters. I’m kidding, I like her as an actress and I love Modern Family (Ty Burell is an idol), but I agree with you. but hey, we have Tatiana nominated!!!!

Comment by Agent_Coulson – December 12, 2013 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Vera Farmiga for Bates Motel? That’s disappointing.

Comment by Kyle – December 12, 2013 05:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parks and Rec! Amy Poehler! Tatiana Maslany! Monica Potter! Taylor Schilling! Kerry Washington! The Good Wife (including Julianna and Josh)! It’s everything I’ve been wanting and some I lost hope on ever expecting.

Comment by Bobby – December 12, 2013 05:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too!!! so excited!

Comment by Gabo – December 12, 2013 07:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay Parks and Rec! And Monica Potter!!

Comment by jen – December 12, 2013 05:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Drama Actress category is not complete without Lizzy Caplan.

Comment by Dr. Bombay – December 12, 2013 05:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This!!!

Comment by Crystal – December 12, 2013 05:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ditto to this! Can’t believe they overlooked Lizzy! And I’m astounded that there weren’t any Homeland nominations.

Comment by Alichat – December 12, 2013 06:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Having seen every episode of Homeland this season, I am decidedly *not* surprised.

Comment by Annie – December 12, 2013 06:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yeah….but the HFP loves Claire Danes, so I still thought I’d see her name on the list. I was really hoping to see Mandy Patinkin’s name.

Comment by Alichat – December 12, 2013 06:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • While Homeland has been underwhelming ( although the last few eps have started to make up for the beginning of the season) I’m surprised about Claire Danes not getting a nomination. No matter what she material she has been given, she has been awesome.

Comment by Julie – December 12, 2013 07:49 PM PDT
    • I agree that Scandal is fun and Kerry Washington is good in it but as far as acting goes Lizzy Caplan does an outstanding job she should have been nominated !

Comment by Ernesto – December 12, 2013 07:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sad to see Vera Farmiga wasn’t nominated, but I’m glad Monica Potter was nominated for Parenthood!

Comment by Me – December 12, 2013 05:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy for Tatiana Maslany and Monica Potter!! This is what the Emmy nominations should’ve looked like.

Comment by jimbo – December 12, 2013 05:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Monica Potter!!!!! This is so amazing, she totally deserves it. Also happy for Hayden Panettierre and Kerry Washington.

Comment by Juan – December 12, 2013 05:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree with you wholeheartedly….

Comment by Shuayb – December 12, 2013 06:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Game of Thrones?! AT ALL?! Anyone else here The Rains of Castamere playing?

Comment by Michelle – December 12, 2013 05:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Monica Potter! I’m so happy she finally got a nomination! Well deserved!

Comment by Cristina – December 12, 2013 05:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hayden Panettiere better win this!

Comment by Dan – December 12, 2013 05:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She really has been impressive. Definitely deserves to win.

Comment by Ally Oop – December 12, 2013 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When will people recognize the comedy genius that is The Mindy Project!? I love me some New Girl too but Mindy and team KILL every week. WTH?

Comment by Catalina – December 12, 2013 05:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THIS!!!!!!!!!! The Mindy Project is now far superior to New Girl

Comment by George – December 12, 2013 06:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed!

Comment by Magali – December 12, 2013 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • TOTALLY agree! I used to love New Girl circa season 1 and 2…but season 3 stopped me at episode 2. I couldn’t watch anymore. The Mindy Project is one of my favorite shows, even during season 1. I really hope that more people start watching it… Chris Messina is outstanding, as usual.

Comment by Chelisa – December 12, 2013 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I love Brooklyn Nine Nine so I was really happy for them. I don’t get the lack of awards support for The Mindy Project. Their screener should simply be Chris Messina’s dancing on a loop. Mindy Kaling, Chris, and Ike Barinholtz should be getting some sort of recognition. I can tell support for the show is growing and critics are getting more vocal, if Fox can just stick with it a little longer they’ll get there. TMP is stronger than New Girl this year. I want to support all 3 shows. It’s a great block overall. I wonder if it wouldn’t be better to have B99, then TMP, then New Girl.

Comment by scooby – December 12, 2013 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Homeland

Comment by edward – December 12, 2013 05:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Sons of Anarchy at all…?!

Comment by Flisbeth – December 12, 2013 05:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It makes me so mad, the work that they have all done on that show is outstanding and every year they are left out :(

Comment by Mandy_B – December 12, 2013 06:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know..this season was just ohhhhh there are no words. How SOA continues to be overlooked in all catorgories in all award show is beyond me.

Comment by Ames – December 12, 2013 07:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Congratulations Corey Stoll.

Comment by Annie – December 12, 2013 05:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope that he wins, his performance in House Of Cards was amazing and a stand out in that crowd for sure. Not that the others where bad, they where all good, but Corey Stoll should win!

Comment by Nichole – December 12, 2013 06:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I literally read nothing else except for the best drama actress category and–TATIANA MASLANEY!!

Comment by kat – December 12, 2013 05:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks like Mad Men’s hey-day is over!!! WOW!!! Very excited to see MONICA POTTER and KERRY WASHINGTON!!!! Monica Potter had better take home that Golden Globe!!!

Comment by Eric7740 – December 12, 2013 05:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • At least they had a hey-day

Comment by Eddie – December 12, 2013 06:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am super happy for James Spader. Only a few episodes in the 1st season and he is already rewarded with a nomination ! Congrats !!!

Comment by Sandy – December 12, 2013 05:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Love that Spader got the nod….. My favorite show this season. He is soo good in the role. Happy for Tatiana Maslany and Michael Sheen.

Comment by Sparky – December 12, 2013 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes The Good Wife! Great to see them as only broadcast drama between the cable series

Comment by Dennis – December 12, 2013 05:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yesss For Tatiana,kerry washington,casey stroll of House of card(emmys snubbed him),Hayden panettiere From Nashvile!!!(Yay for her,love juliette and avery)
    Happy for james spader on blacklist.Love the nominations.sad For claire danes though,this season of homeland has been bad,stopped watching after 2nd episode
    This noms are better than SAG nominations

Comment by meah – December 12, 2013 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Game of thrones or The Americans!! Yeah for Jessica Lange, she deserves the win!!

Comment by Candy – December 12, 2013 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy to see James Spader nominated for The Blacklist…he is awesome as Raymond Reddington!

Comment by Sam – December 12, 2013 06:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where is Lizzy Caplan or Alison Janney? Also, Jeff Daniels?

Comment by Nicole – December 12, 2013 06:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You hit the nail on the head. Some of the biggest snubs. I know Jeff Daniel’s Emmy win was a surprise to many, but not even a nod? He was even nominated for a SAG award.

Comment by Sara – December 12, 2013 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Absolutely agree about Lizzy and Alison. Their performances on MOS are truly masterful. Glad Michael Sheen’s work was recognized.

Comment by tara17 – December 13, 2013 05:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A shame only Jessica got nominated for AHS, Basset and Bates are amazing aswell

Comment by Sarah – December 12, 2013 06:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ahhh, I approve of these! I’m sick and tired of shows like Modern Family and The Big Bang Theory and their lead actors always getting nominated even when they haven’t really done anything to deserve it. I’m definitely rooting for the less-mainstream shows, Parks and Recreation and Brooklyn Nine-Nine, and Amy Poehler.

It’s also nice to see Tatiana Maslany finally getting properly recognized for her amazing work on Orphan Black. I am genuinely surprised by how pleased I am with these nominations.

Comment by Astra – December 12, 2013 06:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was getting ready to pile hate on the nominations because the golden globes never gets anything right, and then I saw the best actress category and my day just got 100 times better, wow I can’t believe the golden globes actually nominated good, people!

(although unrelated when will award shows learn that downton abbey is not a good show anymore)

Comment by Emily – December 12, 2013 06:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Isn’t that Best Actress – Drama category simply mesmerising?

Comment by Miranda – December 12, 2013 06:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It was a pleasant shock! So exciting!

Comment by CJ – December 12, 2013 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What happened to Castle?????????????????????????

Comment by Carol Doyle – December 12, 2013 06:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Were you really expecting Castle to be nominated? I mean, it’s never been nominated for anything…

Comment by Dr. Bombay – December 12, 2013 06:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think Castle could score a nomination if there were 10-15 nominees.

Comment by tara17 – December 13, 2013 05:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Super excited about Monica Potter, Kerry Washington, and James Spader!!!!

Comment by Matt – December 12, 2013 06:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GO Tatiana !!!!

Comment by Fernando Cigala – December 12, 2013 06:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad to see The Blacklist, The White Queen and Nashville all be recognized in the acting categories.

Comment by Ava – December 12, 2013 06:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • James Spader! That’s what I’m talking about! :D

Comment by Nickey – December 12, 2013 06:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Also….have to say it again…..Joel Kinnaman and Peter Sarsgaard deserved nods for this last season of The Killing.

Comment by Alichat – December 12, 2013 06:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Indeed, Sarsgaard was especially phenomenal.

Comment by jimbo – December 12, 2013 06:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy Parks and Rec, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Monica Potter, and James Spader got nominated today!

Comment by Joey – December 12, 2013 06:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tatiana! Monica! Corey! My darling Aaron Paul! Homeland completely shut out!
    Good grief but these nominations are pretty stellar.

Comment by Miranda – December 12, 2013 06:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was praying for Tatiana, Monica, Corey & Jeff Perry to be nominated for the Emmys & it was upsetting. Now, 3 out of 4 is perfect!!! :)

Comment by Sara – December 12, 2013 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Game of Thrones? The Walking Dead? and what is with the grouping of Supporting Actresses and Actors. Come on Globe organisers. Time to split it up. Pleasantly surprised to see Kerry Washington, James Spader, Amy Poehler, Parks and Recreation and Monica Potter. There are some other snubs as there are every year but i am quite happy with the nominations this year. (most of them anyway)

Comment by greysfan – December 12, 2013 06:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No Game of thrones or walking dead nominations. That’s just silly!!!!! Spader is the only reason I watch the blacklist. The show has gaping plot holes and the lead actress is rather weak and poor – very robotic. Orphan black was tedious to watch. Only did so when I heard about Tatiana m. Still wasn’t blown away. I would have skipped the globes this year but for Tina and Amy who are hosting. They are hilarious!!!!

Comment by azu – December 12, 2013 08:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • MJF but not Robin Williams…HOW

Comment by Andrea Carozzi – December 12, 2013 06:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So pumped to see Tatiana here as well as Parks, everything for The Good Wife, and Idris for Luther! Awesome choices.

Comment by Linds – December 12, 2013 06:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How is it even possible that Lizzy Caplan is not nominated?!?!

Comment by pb – December 12, 2013 06:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yea. The Show is nominated and Michael Sheen is nominated, so it’s pretty crazy that the other lead of the show isn’t nominated as well. I know the drama category was hefty, but she has done an amazing job with her character.

Comment by Stacie – December 12, 2013 06:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought for sure Lizzy Caplan was a shoe in. And how about Alison Janney??

Comment by tara17 – December 13, 2013 05:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is what does SAG and The Globes have against Orange is the New Black? Only one nomination. One of the most talked about shows of the year both by critics and audiences? WTF?!

Comment by chris – December 12, 2013 06:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think it must have to do with the fact that this show is a dramedy more than a strict drama. So putting it in the category with full Dramas is tough. If there was a dramedy category or at least some type of mix category I bet they would have done better. It was just a little too funny for drama and a little too dramatic for comedy.

Comment by Stacie – December 12, 2013 06:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post