Ratings: Voice, Dads and Fire Rise, The Originals and Supernatural Enter Break on a High Note

Ratings The Voice DadsThe CW’s Tuesday night dramas entered their six-week winter break on a high note.

The Originals‘ fall finale drew a series high audience of 2.44 million total viewers while holding on to its season high 1.1 rating. Supernatural then delivered a best-since-season premiere audience of 2.45 mil, also matching last week’s season high rating of 1.1.

All told, The CW enjoyed its most watched Tuesday night in more than five years.

RELATED | The Originals Fall Finale Recap: Regime Change
RELATED | Supernatural Fall Finale Recaplet: The Enemy Within Makes a Deadly Strike

Of the night’s other fall finales, Fox’s Dads (3.3 mil/1.4) rose two tenths in the demo, Brooklyn Nine-Nine (3.7 mil/1.6) ticked up a tenth and Mindy Project (2.4 mil/1.2) dropped two tenths out of a New Girl rerun.

RELATED | Save the Dates! Your Guide to 150+ December Finales, January Premieres and More

Over on NBC, The Biggest Loser (6.7 mil/2.0) was flat, The Voice (11.9 mil/3.3) rose 14 percent and three tenths and Chicago Fire (8.25 mil/2.3) kicked up 14 percent and two tenths opposite a POI rerun.

RELATED | The Voice Top 6 Results Recap: Did the Right Contestant Get Cut This Week?

Airing after a SHIELD repeat, ABC’s The Goldbergs (4.5 mil/1.4) was down two tenths to a new series low, Trophy Wife (3.5 mil/1.1) dipped one.

1. Matt says:

The Goldberg’s was awesome last night! This family reminds me so much of my childhood!

2. Dav says:

The CW really seems to be finding its groove this year. Good for them!
    Dads beat The Mindy Project…yikes!

• JR says:

The Mindy Project is really hitting its stride this season. It’s the only comedy I try to watch “live” every week. I really hope Fox supports and properly promotes it when it returns from hiatus this spring.

• kd83954 says:

why aren’t more people watching the mindy project?!?!?!?! i’m racking my brain trying to figure out why fox isn’t promoting it more!

• scooby says:

I know! I just rewatched it. C’mon people. Chris Messina dancing was The Mindy Project’s Christmas present to America.

• Mehvash says:

i watched this multiple times last night (the dance). thank goodness for dvr!! more people should be watching this brilliant little show.

3. Beth says:

See what happens when Dawson and Casey are together? The rating go up :). Love Chicago fire. Last night was an awesome episode. Severide being protective brother was so cute as well.

• wrstlgirl says:

Really?!?!?! The show as a whole is great, not just Dawson and Casey doing the nasty. And Severide was right chewing her out. Dawson was being selfish over the whole Shay issue. She was to busy being jealous of Shay hanging out with someone else rather than trying harder to mend their friendship. I’m just glad it turned out okay and Shay is back.

• Beth says:

Wow. I know I appreciate the whole show. Mouch is hilarious and the Cruz and Leon story was awesome. It was just a funny observation. In the episode with the train wreck Dawson did try to talk to Shay and she blew her off. I don’t think Severide chewed her out as much as letting her know how bad she was doing. Calm down!

• wrstlgirl says:

LOL, calm down. I think you read way more into my comment that was necessary. My blood pressure is just fine. And yes, Dawson did try to talk to Shay, once. If she really cared that much she should have tried harder, that’s all I”m saying. It took Severide getting all up in her case for her to stop being a b*tch about it.

• Beth says:

I am glad this show has passionate fans like us lol. I don’t understand why more people don’t watch it. The acting is wonderful and it shows the brotherhood of firefighters.

4. Elyse says:

last nights chicago fire was awesome!! but after watching the preview for next weeks fall finale Casey better not be the blind item Ausiello was talking about or I’ll be so mad! :(

• Jax says:

Ausiello already said it’s not a show on NBC (or ABC or CBS). Plus, the writers would not be that stupid. Calm down.

• HeatherC says:

Ahhh, thanks for reminding me that they did say that a while back on this very site. I had forgotten about that and you posted this while I was on my minor rant. I admit that had a bit of a panic attack last night too so it wasn’t just Elyse worrying about Casey! Glad to hear I can breathe a little easier although the ep will probably still give me a coronary anyway, LOL ;)

• Andrew says:

Well, to be fair other people have died that weren’t related to the blind item. (Carter on POI for instance.) However, I agree with what you said below. There is just NO WAY they would kill off Casey or Severide. Not gonna happen.

• Elyse says:

i forgot they had narrowed down the blind item! so glad Casey is (most likely) safe!! i wouldn’t think they would kill off Casey but i also didn’t think they would kill Carter off.

• HeatherC says:

That would be show suicide if they killed off one of the main guys in the cast who the show has kind of built around (Casey along with Severide). There’s just no way they could do that and not alienate most of their audience. I refuse to believe that they built up the Casey-Dawson story just to end it so horrifically so I’m choosing to believe this is something similar to what they did with Shay last year. They had the ambulance get hit by the truck in one episode and we didn’t know what happened to Shawson for a while but things turned out all right in the end for both of them. I guess they have to shake things up right before the holidays but I wish they weren’t doing it with my favorite character! =( (Other than my major panic attack at seeing next week’s promo, I agree that last night’s episode was pretty awesome. Love brotherly Severide!)

• wrstlgirl says:

Not a chance in hell :-)

5. ollie says:

Yea for supernatural and to

6. Chablis says:

Shawson? Come on with the silly names. They’re not a couple :-(

Is Mills going to CPD show?

• HeatherC says:

Sorry, I was in a hurry and didn’t feel like typing out their whole names in my long winded post. They are called that on Twitter a lot though so I thought it was just a fun nickname for the two of them and their friendship. I’m glad they’re moving past their troubles though and are friends again. =) (No clue about Mills but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him on either one at this point!)

7. XY says:

Mindy :(
    Out of the trainwreck that FOX’s Tuesday line-up is, B99 and Mindy are two of the funniest comedies of broadcast TV right now. Mindy is even funnier than New Girl, no question about that.
    Meanwhile, The CW really did it and just one year ago, everyone was saying that the netlet was a sinking ship. Considering the current slate of broadcast, it ain’t too shabby and TO had one of its best episodes yet. If TVD is anything like TO, I might watch the pilot during the holiday breaks.

8. Kendall says:

I’m so glad for CF!! I love love that show I think I’ll have a heart attack next Tuesday.

9. b says:

I agree The CW has found it’s footing this year. The Originals, Supernatural, Arrow, The Vampire Diaries, and Reign are all doing well.

10. MP says:

I think I’m the only one who can’t get into The Originals. I’ve seen every episode, but I just don’t like the show. And I like all the original characters from the time they were on The Vampire Diaries. I think Elijah is the only reason I’m still watching The Originals. I love the character and the actor.

• Yanez says:

MP, I felt the same way at first. The first few episodes of The Originals actually put me to sleep a few times and made me miss Supernatural all together (watched it after a long day of work). I stopped watching it for 2 weeks then I came back and realized it was getting slightly better so now I’m giving it a chance. I hope you stick with it:-) I’m trying to do the same.

11. Carlos Alvarez says:

Loved Chicago Fire last night. The Mindy Project was hilarious last night and so was Brooklyn Nine Nine. Even Dads was hilarious. The Originals I saw the first episode and was kinda bored but after reading all the comments these last couple of weeks about how good the show is I think I need to catch up with it during the holiday break

12. Meg says:

I dont understand why more people aren’t watching TMP. Last night was hilarious(watched it several times). I think I might be in love with Danny after that dance… I really hope Fox gives it the chance(not to mention the promoting) that it deserves.

13. Shaun says:

Well,it woulda been a miracle if the CW shows and Chicago didn’t go up.Wasn’t much on last night.

14. Gerald says:

I guess The Originals isn’t going anywhere. Pretty much the only CW show I don’t watch. Can’t stand Klaus. The nice thing is he won’t be back on Vampire Diaries anytime soon. I would like if Elijah and Rebekah came for a visit :)

15. Apples says:

Love B-99, glad it is continually steadying and hopefully building an audience.

TMP sucks this year.

16. jake says:

how could you not like klaus, hes pretty much the same character as damon but a bit more extreme

17. Mikael says:

I think The Originals is better than Vampire Diaries at this point.