Did Arrow Pierce Your Heart? Shirtless Hunks = Ratings? Snoozy Act of Revenge? And More Qs!

Once Upon a TimeWe’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including Castle, Person of Interest, Arrow and Glee!

1 | What brought film vet Daryl Hannah to the utterly thankless (and barely recognizable?) role of a random Hawaii Five-0 real estate agent? And whose eyes welled up a bit when Catherine was formally added to the team?

2 | So, Once Upon a Time‘s Storybrooke is basically in Thomaston, Maine? And wait, is Neal’s coconut shell encrypted star map not a coconut shell encrypted star map but a magical coconut shell trap for shadows? Gilligan and the Professor were such underachievers.

RELATED | Spoilers for Once, Wonderland, Criminal Minds, Bones, H50, Vamp Diaries & More

3 | Was Emily and Nolan’s plot to destroy Ana Ortiz’s PR maven the least suspenseful takedown in Revenge history? Also, remind us why Charlotte is hellbent on breaking up Emily and Daniel? And we’ve got to agree with Conrad: How is a puff piece about Daniel and Emily’s wedding any more journalistically relevant than the glowing profile the former gov wanted written?

4 | We hate to nitpick The Good Wife – which is doing pretty much everything right this season — but in what universe would Alicia neglect to tell her brother Owen that she was quitting Lockhart Gardner to start her own firm? At the very least, wouldn’t he have heard it through the proverbial grapevine (i.e. their gossipmonger mom)?

5 | Is Homeland‘s casting director a daytime soap fan? In this season’s first seven episodes, we’ve had guest spots from Guiding Light‘s Robert Newman, All My Children‘s Vincent Irizarry and Another World‘s Stephen Schnetzer. (Roscoe Borne, call your agent!) Also: How did the neighbor’s security cam capture Quinn but not Carrie and Javadi?!

6 | Why was Witches of East End‘s Ingrid so upset with Aunt Wendy for accidentally killing her in a past life when, quite frankly, that life had her pointed straight down a path of evil and destruction?

VIDEO | Witches of East End Season 1 Spoilers — Freya/Dash/Killian Triangle

Bones7 | When is Mom going to release French Stewart’s amusingly degenerate Chef Rudy from the kitchen and give him a story arc of his own?

8 | It’s time again for “Was That the Grossest Thing Bones Has Ever Shown Us?” — this time, starring the fly incubating in Hodgins’ neck.

PHOTOS | Castle Spoilers — Rick and Kate With Baby

9 | TVLine reader Leigh asks: “The Castle shootout was awesome, but there is more security when money is delivered to my ATM at the grocery store. Shouldn’t Ryan and Esposito have gotten an armored car or something?”

10 | Yea or nay on The Voice‘s new Twitter-fueled “Instant Save”? (And for those on the West Coast, did you participate in the hashtag-driven exercise as it happened? If so, did you skip watching the telecast when it aired in your time zone?)

11 | Wasn’t vengeful Tyler on The Originals kind of a badass? And who wanted to be Hayley during that hug with Elijah?

12 | Is Person of Interest‘s Carter one of the few TV characters who doesn’t have one of those “tiles” phones? And next week’s episode totally is The Warriors, isn’t it? “Man in Suuuuit…. Come out and play-ay-ayyyy….

13 | Is Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. laying it on a bit thick with lines such as “[Coulson]‘s acting like a robot version of himself”? And did you weep for Fitz’s prosciutto and mozz sandwich?

VIDEO | Chicago PD Season 1 Trailer

14 | Didn’t the Chicago Fire producers know this week’s Severide storyline was going to be endlessly compared to that infamous ER Doug Ross/storm drain episode? Why go there?

15 | Shirtless sexytimes for Derek Morgan = Criminal Minds‘ largest audience of the season? Shirtless sexytimes for Diggle = Arrow‘s largest audience of the season? Do we have that math right?

16 | Did Arrow pleasantly surprise you with the “vague” yet emotionally laden words Oliver expressed to Felicity, about not wantingArrow Oliver Felicity to get sexually involved with someone he could care so much about? And are the show’s weekly news reports on the STAR Labs particle accelerator basically the longest planted pilot in TV history?

17 | Is The Tomorrow People rushing and forcing its love triangle, with the Cara/Stephen hook-up already? For one, doesn’t Stephen read too young for her? And has Cara seen John lately?

18 | Now that Nashville’s Peggy is married to Teddy, how long can she possibly keep up her fake pregnancy scam? And did anyone see that episode-ending kiss coming?!

19 | Is it too late for Simon Cowell to replace utterly incoherent X Factor judge Paulina Rubio? (For the uninitiated who think that question is too mean, we present a sample quote: “I think you two girls are so different between each other and so good talent, great singers, both of you. Music is unpredictable as life. If I would need to send myself someone home, the act I’m sending home would be, I’m so sorry guys, it’s Rachel.”)

RELATED | Vampire Diaries Season 5 Spoilers — Damon/Elena/Stefan/Katherine Love Square

20 | How do we stop The Vampire Diaries’ Katherine from rapidly aging? Because we must never lose that sassy doppelganger.

21 | Yes, we know Reign‘s Mary eventually winds up with Francis. But don’t you want her to take a long, frothy detour with Bash?

Scandal22 | Was this week’s Olivia-lite Scandal a preview of what the show will look like when Kerry Washington goes on maternity leave? And among the episode’s myriad jaw-droppers, was Mellie’s assault a bit telegraphed by the set-up and direction of that scene? And are we to believe “Omar Dresden” has been living in that sparse cell for 20-plus years?

23 | On Glee, did Unique’s stunning “If I Were a Boy” and Marley’s tepid “Wrecking Ball” serve as perfect case studies showing why the series should focus on weaving songs into its story arcs rather than trying to recreate setups from music videos?

24 | Did your skin start to itch when The Big Bang Theory‘s Leonard put on that scratchy orange sweater? Plus, a perennial musing: Doesn’t the Cheesecake Factory mind, even a bit, that the show’s version of the eatery looks so ordinary and almost Denny’s-esque? (The menus Penny hands out aren’t even 20 pages!)

25 | Are there enough brick-and-mortar Barnes & Nobles left to justify the pricey holiday-themed commercials featuring 30 Rock‘s Jack McBrayer?

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: 20ish Questions, Burning Questions, Commentary

1. lalaland2013 says:

16: It took oh-so-much wine to relieve the enormous lump in my throat when Oliver said that to Felicity. I cannot stand Laurel, put Ollie with Felicity!

• kath says:

I was really impressed with the show this week, both the acting by Amell and Rickards, and by the show-running on this potential relationship. Felicity is disappointed in Oliver (now she can start flirting with Barry when he comes on the show), and Oliver is starting to realize that Felicity could be an important relationship in his life but like Sara, he’s too broken to be with someone he really cares about right now. The ship is canon, and also perfectly explained why it’s not going to be going anywhere soon. I can’t wait for Felicity to be in the “I told you so” position re Isabel.

Summer Glau gets the best bitchy lines (“Tell her she can take the night off”) and it looks like she’s having a lot of fun with them.

• Kay Bell says:

I can’t be the only one that didn’t miss Laurel not being in this episode.

2. Shar says:

Question re Grey’s Anatomy this week… why did the information re the Peterson hip replacement come by snail mail to Callie’s apartment rather than an e-mail to the hospital???

• Peevesie says:

three words. rule of drama

• Alichat says:

I was wondering that as well. But the big thing that stood out to me was I could swear that Callie said she also talked to the team that designed the Peterson joint…the German team. If there was a problem with the hip, and it was known three weeks before the surgery….actually earlier than that…..why didn’t they tell her on the phone? It didn’t appear that there was a great deal of time between Travis approaching Callie, and the surgery. When she found that letter, I assumed the resolution to the court case would be Callie taking that letter to him, and then testifying on his behalf that the team never told her in the phone conversation that there was a problem with the joint. Then the hospital and Callie would no longer be negligent and Travis would get his settlement from the right people at fault.

• Emily says:

She did, it was mentioned when she and Arizona were looking at the house. I would think that they would make sure that any doctor considering the Peterson joint would know that it was dangerous, why they didn’t send another letter or email her or call her is beyond me.

3. Was anybody surprised about Tony joining a men’s support group on NCIS? I do think Tim was not expecting that as the reason why he was acting so strange.

4. DJ Doena says:

Sheldon is drifting dangerously into Pierce Hawthorne territory. I’m wondering if this is on purpose and Leonard migth decide to move out at the end of the season.

5. Alex says:

#12 – Warriors! OMG! you are so right!
    #13 – The only thing I weep for is the thought of what this show could have been instead of the bland, uninteresting mess it turned out to be.

6. wordsmith says:

3) Definitely agree about Charlotte on Revenge – this whole season she seems to be plotting and scheming for no discernible reason.

• iMember says:

Read comment below. I do LOVE Charlotte this season though. She’s better than ever being a little mini Victoria and actually being relevant and subtly getting in the way of Emily’s plans.

• Drew says:

I think Charlotte is out to get her own revenge this year. The question is, what is her endgame?

• wordsmith says:

I’m curious to find out as well, but at this point I’m not even sure that she knows. She just seems to be lashing out impulsively at whatever opportunities present themselves each week, rather than orchestrating a specific plan like Emily or Victoria.

• Drew says:

Does she? Or are we simply seeing what it looks like from the other side? The whole bakery thing had to be set up. Charlotte didn’t just happen to pick the bakery that Daniel’s ex worked at, and then just happen to send him in to get the cake without her. That took some doing.
          It seems like she is trying to take down Emily, but that might not be the case. She could be trying to get Emily clear of the Graysons for all we know… Or she might even know that Emily is Amanda.

I’m curious to see what happened to her during the time between seasons. Was it possible that she actually had the baby before coming home?

Charlotte isn’t quite as good as her sister at pretending to be cool and pleasant. She lacks the training for it. But her thirst for vengeance could be just as interesting once we see it play out.

• bigdede says:

She told Emily that her family was broke in secret but Emily used that to embarrass Victoria. So Charlotte is pissed Emily betrayed her and put her family out like that. That’s why she doesn’t want Daniel or Jack with Emily because she thought Emily was the one person she could trust. At least that’s what she told Emily.

• Connie says:

I thought Charlotte told Emily about Patrick living with Victoria in the Grayson Manor, and then Emily “let” that slip, so Charlotte was mad at her for that.

7. iMember says:

3. Nolan’s takedown of Bizzy gave a lot of foreshadowing in my opinion. Such as Nolan taking over the Revenge quest if something happens to Emily.

Charlotte doesn’t like Emily at the moment because she feels she can’t trust her after she told Emily about Victoria’s supposed affair with the horse trainer (Patrick before she learned he was her brother). She thought Emily told Ashley about it since part of Emily’s take down of Ashley was making Victoria believe Ashley thought she was having an affair. So now Charlotte feels like her trust with Emily is broken and feelings Daniel deserves better.

8. Jess says:

As far as 25 goes, I was thinking the exact same thing.

9. Steve says:

In regards to the STAR city lab set up in Arrow. I think it’s great. Very rarely do we see this on TV. Forethought and set up like its set in actual universe between episodes and seasons. A little more of this would be welcomed, it’s just a shame on Arrow it’s only one plot, would love to see more aftermath about the quake, not only local politics but national. Fundamentally it’s a terrorist attack, no president? Senators? DC cameos could be perfect. Is just wish more TV shows takes a hint, set up stories, episodes and seasons in the future. May make people stick with a TV show. SHIELD should of done it from Ep 2!

10. wordsmith says:

Another question re: the Originals – If the blood of Hayley’s baby can make hybrids now, does that mean that somebody basically just has to snap her neck and she’ll turn too? And as a follow-up, what would it be like to be sired to yourself?

11. Spoiler Junkie says:

I was pissed when the writers went with the Stephen/Cara hookup on Tomorrow People. I believe John is a much better and nuanced character and more suitable for Cara. Also, it makes it harder (at least for me) to root for characters who cheat.

Regarding TBBT, I thought Sheldon was downright cruel. Why did he need to make Leonard ‘walk a mile in his shoes’? Is Leonard someone new who doesn’t understand Sheldon ? Hasn’t Leonard already been putting up with Sheldon’s quirks all these years? First time in all these years that an episode of TBBT left me feeling quite angry.

Regarding Arrow – I like Oliver and Felicity as friends. It was a bit strange seeing Oliver trying to justify his hookup with Isabel to Felicity.

• Katherine215 says:

The Tomorrow People should have been centered on John (and the actor who portrays him) not whiny Stephen WHO IS A MINOR, CARA! Ugh. This show may have lost me with this. There may not be enough shots of John’s abs to redeem it.

• Lucy says:

Agree. This hook-up just didn’t make any sense at all.

• Ann says:

The hookup was TERRIBLE! Any sympathy and good I had for Cara and the life she had as shown through her flashback-centered episode is gone. 1) She cheated on John, who is a nice guy…he has rules, but he means well by them (afterall, the one time he let bent the rules, three Tomorrow People were killed). 2) Even though Stephen is played by an mid-20’s-something guy and looks even older than that, Cara, the adult, is committing a felony by having a relationship with a guy who is supposed to be in his teens. What were the writers thinking?? If they wanted to create a love triangle, they should have made the character of Stephen at least an adult…at Cara wouldn’t be committing a crime!

• Lisa London says:

Yes to all of that. She looks WAY older than him and he’s what, barely 17? URGH, gross. That said, we could forget all that if the actors had any chemistry – sadly, they don’t.

• Eileen says:

Yes! I LOVE John’s character (doesn’t hurt that the actor is extremely handsome) and I liked the chemistry between John and Cara. I hate cheating plotlines and how disrespectful is it to cheat on your partner. Stephen is not a compelling character and I have lost a lot of interest in the tomorrow people.

• IMHO says:

I agree, I felt the same way after watching TBBT.

• John 1138 says:

Sheldon is acknowledging openly that he HAS feelings and that’s quite new.

• TheAppleFour says:

I totally agree with your friendship comment regarding Oliver and Felicity. To me Oliver firmly placed Felicity in the friends zone permanently, he was shocked that people would even think of them in that way. His words to her were guys speak, in it’s called “letting her off easy”.

• kath says:

I agree that Oliver was shocked that people thought he was having an affair with Felicity. But his last speech, about why he is not able to be with “someone he could really care about” was about why he had sex with Isabel, instead of being with Felicity herself.

• Elyse says:

Not to mention… can’t John read Caras mind? wasn’t she just telling Stephen he doesn’t know what it’s like to be with someone who knows everything and blah blah? I’m not a Cara fan at all.

12. sarah says:

am i the only one that doesn’t like Catherine on Hawaii five o?

• Samantha says:

Not by a long shot. Half of the fandom hates her, and half can’t get enough. I definitely wasn’t happy with her addition to the team, but at least now she’ll have a reason for being there.

• Mary says:

Definitely not the only one, believe me!

• Magreeda says:

You’re not alone; I can’t stand her. I actually gave up the show when she came on full-time.

• Dempsey says:

Please, the only thing that comes up for me when in related to Cath is not tears, it’s my lunch. I have not even watched since it became Hawaii Five-Cath. Such a waste of what was a good show.

• Lisa London says:

You’re not alone. The show is barely watchable these days; the plots are ridiculous and Catherine is awfully boring. She makes me miss Lori Weston, that alone says it all. At least, Lori and Steve had chemistry!

• JC says:

Each to their own. I think Steve and Cath have great chemistry, and I cringed nearly every time Steve and Lori were in a scene together.

• H50 SUX says:

alex has chemistry with paper bag of rocks and his scenes with borth are dull and lack spark. borth is horrible actor. she ruining show.

• JC says:

I couldn’t care less about fandom’s feud with Michelle Borth, or what she may or may not have done. I do care about her acting, and I think she does a fine job as Catherine, and I personally find Catherine to be a far more interesting character than Lauren German’s Lori, who I was entirely grateful to be rid of. And let’s face it, there is no female character that the McDanno section of the fandom would have ever found acceptable as a love interest for Steve and/or an addition to the team, no matter what the actress may have done.

• Luana Barros Silva says:

You’re not alone, many people do not like her. So that Peter Lenkov think everyone likes it, then we want to see it ending our show putting her on staff.

• katie says:

Nope I don’t like her at all. You’re not the only one :)

• JBC says:

I don’t like Catherine either. I really dislike how they added her to the five o team. She goes to take down a bad guy all alone. They should have kept her on a naval ship and visit Steve every now and then. I liked Kono on the team, made more sense.

• JC says:

It’s not the writers’ fault (or Catherine’s) that Grace Park has been out for a while. But Kono is coming back this season.

13. Ellie says:

13 – Personally I thought the sandwich thing was stupid and a good example of what is wrong with this show. I *get* that Fitz is not an experienced field agent but nobody is that dumb. Seriously, who is going to take a huge gigantic sandwich with them on a mission like that. This just demonstrates that the writers can’t decide what they what the show to be. It’s like they want us to take them seriously but they can’t even take themselves seriously.

14. linda says:

“And whose eyes welled up a bit when Catherine was formally added to the team?” Definitely didn’t well up, more like rolled.

• Lisa London says:

Yes, because random girlfriends can just be added to a police task force, just like that. Sure. Utterly ridiculous!

• just a thought says:

She is not a random girlfriend. She is a naval officer whose skills & experience speaks for itself. I am glad they are finally giving her a bigger role. It’s time she stepped out of Steve’s shadow. Besides, I would much rather watch Catherine over Kono.

• H50 SUX says:

naval officer who slept with commander and traded military secrets for sex. there great role model for women in military. catherine needs to die. borth the bitch needs to not have job.

• just a thought says:

Using a naval satellite to help 5.0 solve a crime is hardly military secrets. If you believe she traded this for sex than it works both ways. Steve asked Catherine for the help so he is just as guilty. Hmmm Commander Garret’s doesn’t seem like much of a role model now.

• just a thought says:

sorry, s/b Commander McGarrett

15. Brandy says:

6. cAuse she killed her and she was trying to keep her from being with a man she she loved(or thought she did).
    18.I doubt vety long and no I didn’t see that Oliva kissing Juliet coming.I expected a slap or verbal threat/blackmail.
    21 Yes.but I like both guys

16. Jon says:

Total number of B & N Stores: 675

17. abz says:

3) Charlotte’s so annoying! Nothing more needs to be said about that.
    4) The past 3 episodes of TGW happened in the span of one week, right? It’s understandable that she didn’t get around to telling Owen?
    23) Agree. I mean I do enjoy some of the recreations of the older music videos sometimes especially in earlier seasons, like with the first Britney Spears tribute and the Michael Jackson one, but lately it’s becoming too much especially when the music videos they’ve been recreating are way too recent. I wish they’d go back to the days when they performed songs like How Will I Know (so simple yet Amazing!)

18. Emily says:

I had been wanting for Catherine to join the H5O team. It’s about time! I like her character a lot better now that she is actually out doing stuff, kicking butt, instead of just giving Steve Navy intel.

19. Dewsterling says:

S2 of Arrow is HORRIBLE! Poor Emily Betts-Rickard looks strangely awkward as she tries desperately to convey Felicity’s desperation for Oliver. It’s like she doesn’t know what do with her hands or how to work her arms/legs in tandem anymore. And the writing…Yikes! She’s lost all joix de vivre and humor. When she pulled Oliver away from Laurel to tell him her theory about Canary following Laurel, she sounded pathetic. The writers have been telegraphing their intentions from miles away. I guessed the Sara, Shado, Isabel hook-ups back in July.

Furthermore, I don’t see why they keep trying to force this Laurel-thing. The writers barely have her on the show. They have no idea what to do with the character from week-to-week. Katy Cassidy is a better actor than the material she is given to work with here. Last year the entire show was reformatted with Felicity at the center of Oliver’s universe and this year, it’s Sara. Yet, Guggenheim keeps insisting that Oliver is “in love” with Laurel. He just never wants to see her or speak to her and prefers to spend all of his time with any other woman who isn’t Laurel, right? Anytime Laurel seems to have any interesting moment, the writers out an end to it immediately and refocus elsewhere. I’d like Kreisberg to consider having her relocate to Flash’s universe and get the hell out of Starling City until or unless Guggenheim is ever ready to write the role.

• Danny says:

You are an idiot. Season two has been awesome for comic book fans. You can save all your romantic storylines. Who really cares who he hooks up with anyway? That’s not what the show is really about.

• GildedRose says:

Wait. Felicity sounded pathetic when she pulled Oliver away to point out maybe the mystery chick following him wasn’t following him but someone else? I actually thought Felicity was pretty smart putting that together. Nobody else had realized it.

• emily says:

season 2 of arrow is awesome! and i love felicity and oliver! and also all the badass things and all the revelations happening! i love all the action AND the olicity romance!

• Beans says:

You guessed that he would hook up with Sarah?! Wow! Congratulations! They only explained that within the first 5 minutes of the first season!

20. JC says:

1). Been loving the Catherine love here lately. Goodness knows there seems to be little enough of it elsewhere in the fandom. 13) Yeah, that was laying it on thick. But as far as weeping for something, I don’t know whether to weep for the ratings, or think they’re getting what they deserve. The show is improving, but I’m starting to feel like it’s too little too late. 16) I hope the Arrow writers aren’t pulling a “Chlark” with Oliver and Felicity (teasing the audience with a popular ship that they have no intention of actually doing anything with). If they really want to do Olicity, go for it. But I’m not interested in seeing them tease it, then have Oliver turn around and go back to pining for Laurel again. Unpleasant shades of Smallville. 17) I said from the beginning that Stephen was too young for Cara. Now I’m glad I dropped the show after two episodes.

• Magreeda says:

I agree with you on #16. I didn’t ship Chlark (I came in way too late and already knew how it shook out) but that’s what I worry about, too. Do it, don’t do it, but don’t just tease us endlessly.

21. Alichat says:

3) Yeah, the takedown didn’t really have the tension I was expecting. And Charlotte’s hate of Emily is pointless and tiresome. She’s become more useless as the seasons have progressed.
    5) I have been wondering that as well. And why did Quinn have to confess to the murders? Why couldn’t they say that the murderer was someone working for Javadi, but they couldn’t know who because of national security….or something along those lines. I just don’t get the logic of Quinn confessing.
    6) I thought that was odd as well. And I don’t understand how one moment Ingrid can be the meek, scared to do anything sister, but then in the next breath, she’s digging up magical brownie recipes to drug her brain into remembering and isn’t afraid of that?
    13) Agreed. I think it would work better if no one has noticed a difference in Coulson, but he feels different. So the only time it’s questioned is in small scenes like when he called for his file, which, by the way, the dude on the other end of the line should have known it was Coulson calling when he gave his clearance code.
    16) I liked that scene alot. I was surprised it was addressed, even in such a small way, so soon. I figured we wouldn’t see any conversation between the two of them about that until season 3.
    17) Lord yes. And yes. They are pushing that relationship into the story way too soon, and they seem too mismatched to me from an age standpoint. And I don’t buy that she would betray John that easily, no matter how upset she is about the ‘John can kill’ secret.
    21) I like that she has chemistry with both actors. Alot of times, there’s just chemistry with one actor, or more with one than the other. This triangle seems really balanced.
    22) You could tell what Big Jerry was going to do the moment he sat down next to Mellie. It was skeevy from beginning to end. And I really hope that Liv’s mother hasn’t been confined to that room for that long. That’s just too hard to believe.

22. Charlotte says:

6) I thought the same thing. I don’t get Ingrid at all sometimes!

23. Kathy says:

I knew Darryl Hannah would be in the episode but it’s wasn’t much of a part. No, my eyes did not have any tears when Catherine finally joined the team. I mean, duh. The Voice instant save was interesting for some one who lives on the east coast. Feel bad for viewers on west coast. Finally, Season Two is the best so far on Arrow.

24. A says:

10) I am on the west coast and I voted then did not watch the results of the Voice. I kinda like it cause I dont like watching the results shows anyway

25. Ram510 says:

At this point can we all argree that The Originals is much better than The Vampire Diaries?

26. BenM says:

19) How can you read that and want Paulina to go! She is the most unpredictably interesting part of the show. Lets not forget, she was also responsible for the completely baffling interpretive dance going on while Tim was singing, which had to be one of the most bizarre and unintentionally (I hope) hilarious things I’ve ever seen on a singing competition. If we have to sit through what is clearly the weakest of the talent shows, I’d rather Paulina was there.

27. Viv says:

17.) YES! A capital letter yes! I just can´t buy the Cara/Stephen thing. Stephen/Astrid is kind of sweet (but it´s The CW – we will have plenty of love triangle stuff…). And it seemed a bit out of character for Cara to cheat on John THAT easely. She was disappointed in him, blocking her out… but I was surprised that she would actually go there. So, after it took TTP one episode to give away Johns secret to Cara, I would like to see them go just as fast with this thing. Hope they don´t drag that out. And I would really like to see a John/Cara talk, because this whole “Cara says something and John is leaving the scene” thing is getting old.
    (disclosure: I´m so Team John, because Stephen is just not an interesting character, sorry.)

• Ann says:

Not to mention, Stephen is a MINOR. Cara is supposed to be in mid-20s or so, so she is committing a felony.

• K. says:

Agree I don’t think I can watch the rest of the season if they keep Cara and Stephen together, of course I don’t really like the Cara character! I liked the girl that got shot and Stephen saved, was kind of hoping they would go in that direction!

28. Martha says:

16. Yes, I like Felicity, but darn it, where’s Chloe Sullivan?

29. sarah says:

1) I know people do not like Katherine BUT I do and I like that she is an official part of Five 0.
    11) Yes I thin Tyler was a badass and I also want to be Hayley during any scene with Elijah!
    16) I lived Oliver’s semi confession to Felicity. She knows what he does and she is the ONE person that he can have a relationship with.
    18)I think Peggy will some how manage to not be without clothing around Teddy so that she can wear a fake bump and steal a baby when her due date comes. I would not put it past her crazy self!
    I was not really shocked by kiss, I think Olivia is going to blackmail Juliette and say that if she does not sleep with her then she will ruin he career by taking her songs off the radio.

30. jerrired says:

#11. I love Tyler 3.0. Or maybe 5.0? That kid went through a lot of personality shifts over the course of TVD’s 5 seasons. Anyway, I hope The Originals puts Tyler as a permanent cast member. He hasn’t gotten really good storylines since he became a werewolf. I think there is way more potential for his character on The Originals than The Vampire Diaries. They need to put Matt on there too. I prefer Rebekah with Matt way more than I do with Marcel. Plus Matt has been lacking a good storyline on TVD too. Also I did not expect to love the Hayley and Elijah pairing as much as I do.

#17. I thought I was the only one not liking the Cara and Stephen thing. It’s weird on so many levels and the quick hookup totally through me off. Since from what I’ve seen John and Cara were still dating. And I thought they would have Stephen fall for his best friend Astrid or the new girl Irene way before anything happened between him and Cara. And yeah I prefer John over Stephen any day.John’s personality is 4,000 times more interesting.

31. CBWBDK1 says:

That Arrow scene made me throw up!

32. Heidi says:

Note to Bones’ writers…no more bot flies ever again, please.

33. Dave says:

pretty sure that last night was my last episode of Glee … it was insipid, recycled tripe at best … pretty much every character is unlikeable and shrill this season … and a warning is definitely needed when it’s going to be a Santana-less hour.

• Lily says:

I disagree – Glee is so much better this season. I really enjoy the NY scenes more than Lima now. Hopefully they will move to NY full-time as is predicted. The only unlikeable characters are the newbies.

34. GeoDiva says:

10: So tired of the world revolving around the East Coast time zone.
    14: Don’t even watch Chicago Fire, but when I saw the commerical my first thought was, “Oh it time for his ER momment.” Talk about recycling.
    18: Time for Peggy to go nuts, kill Teddy and end our national nightmare.

35. JM says:

1. Had a hard time recognizing Darryl too. I like Catherine, BUT I definitely don’t want her instead of Kono.
    2. Thought the same thing when I saw the map.
    10. A big, fat NAY!
    12. Love bada$$ Carter this season! High-five for ‘The Warriors’ reference, one of my all-time cult favs!
    14. Or the Homicide episode with the subway. Sure it’s been done, doesn’t mean no one can redo it. Hard to come up with something ‘totally original’.

• JC says:

I don’t think Catherine’s replacing Kono. Grace Park apparently just had to be out for a while (maternity leave if the rumors are true, but I’ve never seen anything verifying that). I think they’ll both be on the team when she returns.

36. Chris says:

3. The take down was sort of unnecessary except as a focus on Nolan. I’m enjoying Revenge but I find myself more interested in Nolan and rooting for Daniel and his ex-girlfriend more than for Emily.

26. I was so excited. I hope they get together eventually. it was nice to get a little emotion from Oliver too.

37. Kristina says:

I would really, really like it if they didn’t add Tyler permanently. I’d actually be really happy if they just killed him off.

38. Marx says:

#7, Homeland- the security camera caught Quinn because he came through the back door of the house while Carrie came though the front. Remember Quinn came upon Javadi from behind.

39. Angela says:

#15: Ha, yeah, I’ve no doubt there were many people who were very glad to tune in and catch the opening of “Criminal Minds” this week :D.
    #23: I thought Marley’s performance of “Wrecking Ball” was all right, but still, totally agreed with the general sentiment of working the songs into the actual stories.

40. bigdede says:

Diggle is just too sexy for words. I totally get the ratings rise because of that.

41. GildedRose says:

I’m behind on a lot of my tv watching this week but I can answer a couple.

11. I’ve never been a big Haley cheerleader, but I admit… She and Elijah are growing on me on The Originals. There’s some simmering chem there that I wouldn’t mind explored at all.

#16 – On my YES Arrow surprised me in the most pleasant way with that conversation between Oliver and Felicity over his whole “I can’t be with anyone I really care about” speech. The two actors did such an amazing job. I think it was because it was so unexpected that it really was that perfect emotional snowball of sad and sweet and poignant and hopeful all at the same time. Felicity’s always been a wild card on this how but the more she’s involved, the more I root for her and Oliver to wind up together. And after Oliver delivered that speech, what can I say? The romantic in me now champions these two to get to be together. He’s so lonely and sad and tortured and Felicity is so gracious and gorgeous and just such a nice (and I don’t mean that in that wafflee silly weak heroine way because Felicity is totally moxie personified). You put them together and they just glow. That ending scene was gorgeous. I really hope we see their relationship continue to grow and pull them closer despite them fighting it. One of the best almost-romances on TV right now, imo. I really hope that whatever this business partner of Oliver’s is up to that Felicity plays a very active role in ferreting it out. Felicity’s a smart girl and she needs an “antagonist” of her own to thwart.

24. Oh that sweater! Poor Leonard. And I’ve always wondered when they would update the Cheesecake Factory set. It’s not like TBBT doesn’t have the budget, surely!

25. And no. No there are not enough brick & mortar B&Ns ANYWHERE to justify these commercials. It’s funny ’cause I was talking about this topic at dinner. Oh Bookstores… where have you gone? :(

42. aaj says:

No, I don’t think it’s implausible that Alicia didn’t mention her plans to her brother, as she had to keep a tight lip until she left and then she was pushed out suddenly. The Good Wife episodes this season are amazing!

Also, I don’t watch Chicago Fire, but I will remember that ER storm drain episode forever. No other show should ever try to even touch it . . . !!!

43. Georgia D says:

16. I loved that scene but minor correction: Oliver told Felicity he couldn’t be with anyone he could really care about. Not sexually as you said, but in general.
    Other than that,the scene was fantastic and deeply emotional for BOTH characters, which was the twist in the whole thing.
    The show has some awesome action every week but this episode really pulled some romantic strings in the viewers which the show had failed to do so far.I think that the fact that this scene is so talked about, proves the validity of the sentence. Not to mention the vast majority of the reviews for the show which say likewise.
    Was it rushed? I don’t think it was. The writers delivered a lot of emotion to the large number of Oliver/Felicity fans but otherwise the lines themselves don’t point to any realistic progress between the two characters in the next episodes.

• K says:

“don’t point to any realistic progress between the two characters”

Yeah, better not be TEASING and stringing the fans along for however LONG it’ll take to have “URGH/LUREAe” as the BC..EURGH!! SARA is doing great as one..Really don’t need ‘luarel’ at all…

44. Yes my eyes filled with tears of rage and hate to see my favorite series being finished with the entry of a weak character, no personality and no utility. Catherine Rollins / Michelle Borth are not worthy of his presence on a spectacular show and wonderful as Hawaii Five-0.

45. Angel says:

#16 – Arrow definitely wants us to remember The Flash is coming lol. But all the talk of protests about the particle accelerator reminds me how upset some people were when CERN was built – nice little parallel. And I was really surprised they addressed the unspoken Olicity tension, but Rickards and Amell really sold that scene. They have such great chemistry together! Felicity’s crush isn’t surprising, but it seems now that Oliver also recognizes he could have real feelings for her if he allowed himself to. That’s what surprised me because I figured it would be the end of the season or next before we got that kind of acknowledgement. Can’t wait to see how this shifts Team Arrow dynamics and how they handle it going forward.

46. Arrow broke my heart into a million peices, but at least we have hope, because we can clearly see now that Oliver really cares deeply (maybe loves?) Felicity. It will be a painful ride, but oh so worth it, thanks to the stunning chemistry between Amell and Rickards. Both of them – particularly Rickards – are absolutely killing it at these roles. I am SO impressed. Every scene with them seems so layered and intriguing; the chemistry is off the charts. The CW has struck gold with this pairing, and I hope they (slowly) run with it.

47. Matt says:

#3. First off, I have been a huge fan of this show since the beginning, but I must say this is the first episode that I have ever complained about mainly because I thought that Ana Ortiz emmensely over acted her character, so much so that it was actually painful to watch her scenes. Again, I apologize for being negative about this, but I almost wish they would bring Ashley back (I also know that I will probably be in the minority here). I must say though, that the new storyline with Sarah trying to come in between Daniel and Emily is a nice development!

• Matt says:

I also liked Charollote much more when she was with Declan because she was a much more pleasant character, and now that the writers are making her more like Victoria, it just seems too out of character for her. I understand that she went through a lot with losing the baby and Emily losing her trust, but man is she being a total b****!

48. Olivia says:

16. I really like that scene, was a lovely surprise.

Emily Bett Rickards work is great, her facial expressions can say a lot without any words.
    For me the best is how she and Stephen can bring out the best in each other character.

I think the writers unwittingly created a relationship that is forcing them to change their plans because is taken life beyond their expectations (and maybe beyond their power).

• GoT Snow says:

I hope so. They’re definitely more interesting together than any other pairings. And Laurel needs to leave the show. Now. Her character is tired and annoying. Sara is intriguing but definitely not as a romantic connection. And I’m really hoping that Summer Glau’s character is the big bad of the season.

• K says:

I’m enjoying everyone’s opinion and thoughts on #16/Arrow…. I actually like ‘Sara’s’ BC character..She’s cute and her character isn’t bad..WAY better then ‘laurel’ and after Sara appearing, it’s NOT BC with Oliver/Arrow that I have a problem with, it’s the character “larurel”..She’s just awful..

I just HOPE none of this is a TEASE and stringing fans to this pairing along like that DUMB ASS show SMV.

Summer/Isbel is an interesting character..I think we NEED her on now, to cause the tension/whatever type it is; for O and F.. I don’t dislike nor like her, so, she’s fine for now..NEEDED..I certainly like watching her then “luarel”…Whenver she/L appear, my reaction is “URGH”..

49. Rich Abey says:

9. Well in their defense, Ryan & Espo found out the true value of the diamond only after visiting an official ‘diamond-expert-office’..which was away from the 12th Precinct. So ordering an armored escort just to get back to the precinct would have seemed silly to them..still they should have taken precautions given that a women had just been murdered for the diamond.

• scooby says:

That was my thought. They didn’t know how much it was worth yet, plus not many people knew its location so it’s not like they expected a plot to try to go all Valentine’s Day Massacre on them.