Vampire Diaries Stars Talk Delena 'Tension,' Stelena's 'Faded' Romance and Katherine's Love

Vampire Diaries Season 5 SpoilersFans of The Vampire Diaries‘ Damon/Elena and Stefan/Elena, brace yourselves: Both the current couple and the erstwhile pair are looking at bumpy roads ahead.

After finding out that versions of Stefan and Elena have been drawn to each other over the centuries, Damon made it clear that he wasn’t going to allow the universe to get in the way of his romance with the Whitmore college freshman. But that’s easier said than done.

RELATED | The Vampire Diaries Season 5 Spoilers — Elena, Katherine and Amara Scene

“It’s the elephant in the room,” describes Nina Dobrev during a TVLine visit to the show’s Atlanta set. “When you’re in a relationship and there’s an ex-boyfriend around, the significant other is always like, ‘Hmm, I wonder…’ There’s always that insecurity. They might say that it’s OK, but it’s in the back of their mind. It’s the same thing with Elena and Damon. He’s pretending to be OK with it, but he can’t unthink and unknow what he heard and what he knows now.”

Having that little destiny nugget tucked away in Damon’s mind “will always cause tension in their relationship moving forward,” continues the actress.

“Relationships are hard in life. Relationships are really hard in Mystic Falls,” adds Ian Somerhalder. “If you don’t have conflict, you have no drama; and if you have no drama, you have no TV show. So relationships don’t last that long in Mystic Falls, unless, clearly, you’re a freakin’ doppelganger and the universe draws you two together.”

RELATED | The CW Picks Up The Originals, The Tomorrow People and Reign for Full Seasons

Damon might be secretly concerned about his girlfriend’s pull to her ex/his brother, but the question remains: Does Stefan even want to be with Elena right now? “I think their love has faded,” admits Paul Wesley. “It’s dissipated.”

The universe, though, might have other plans. “It’s kind of like when you go to a fortune teller and they tell you, ‘You’re going to end up with this person.’ And you’re like, ‘Really?’ And you can’t help but in the back of your mind think that the fortune teller might be correct,” Wesley says of the intel about Stelena’s decades-spanning romance. “It’s one of those things, even though you don’t really see yourself with that person.”

As the younger Salvatore’s mindset changes  – “Right now, Stefan’s taking some time to himself. He’s 160 years old, so maybe he’s kind of over relationships?” muses Wesley – his connection with big bro Damon has taken a turn, too, to a place where “five seasons in, it’s not really contentious at this point anymore.”

Vampire Diaries Season 5 SpoilersOddly enough, the historically at-odds brothers aren’t even battling over Elena’s affections anymore, adds Wesley. “[Maybe] a little bit, but not really… That triangle is, to be honest, a bit on the backburner right now.”

Will all that change now that Stefan has his memories back? It actually seems unlikely that the vamp will be drawn back to his old love just because he remembers her. “There would have been more of a shot of them getting in the sack if he didn’t have his memories,” says Wesley with a laugh. “That’s usually how it works. ‘Let’s forget about everything that’s happened. Let’s get busy.’”

Meanwhile, there’s another factor complicating this already messy romantic triangle: Katherine, who has “lingering love for one of the brothers that we learn more about as episodes progress,” reveals Dobrev. “She does love one of the brothers. Almost like Elena has chosen, Katherine has chosen and we see that unfold.”

The Vampire Diaries airs Thursdays at 8/7c on The CW.

1. rex says:

My dream is for them to kill of Elena and make Katherine the main character.

• TeamJeremy!! says:

Agreed! Elena is ridiculous!

• cupid-struck says:

I share the share dream

• Sarah says:

NO ELENA IS AMAZING I LOVE HER I HATE KATHRINE

• KillEleana says:

I Wish They Killed Elena Too ! She’s A HUGE Problem ! I Dont Understand How She Can Do What She Did And Expect EVERYONE To.Be Ok With It .. I Understand She Was Sired And All But After The Sirebond Broke She Should’ve Went To Her TRUE LOVE Stefan.! Does She Not See What She Has Caused ! Stefan.And Damon Are BROTHERS ! They Shouldn’t Have To.Fight Over A Female . No Matter How Strong The Love Is And Elena Shouldn’t Have Been Selfish Doing This To.Both.Of Them ! Stefan.Is Her Right Choice Its Like All The Crap he Went Through For This Chick.Was All For Nothing ! She Waisted His Time ! Made Him.Fall.In Love While She’s Crushing On His BROTHER ! She Might As Well Have Drove a Steak Through His Heart ! Damon Killed Her Brother , Turned Her Besties Mom.Into A vampire , Tortured Her Other Bestie And Has No Care In The World ! Stefan.Should Just Stay Single ! Elena Isn’t It For Him.She’s Trifling.! But Hey Whats A Tv Show Without Drama ;)

• Amber says:

I do agree Elena is SPOILED and it’s wrong how she treats Stefan. But Katherine is evil!! I desperately want them back together no matter how many people think her and Damon are better for each other. I think I just want to see Stefan happy again. The way he used to look at Elena and cry over her and cry with her still gives me goosebumps. Paul Wesley had me roped in from the beginning!

• Lola says:

She waisted his time?? He lives eternal…… #delena

• Amber says:

Well you may have gotten your wish! I’m not too happy about it though. I actually got teary-eyed over Katherine last night and I’ve always felt a little remorse knowing she had to have some heart in there and then she pulls this crap??!! Now I really don’t like her!

2. Dennis says:

kill Elena off and keep Katherine

• Dennis says:

just going to expand on my opinion Elena is a weak character always needing to be rescued while Katherine is strong albeit evil character. Elena is Lois Lane to Katherine’s Wonder Woman

• A-IsWatchingYou says:

Please don’t ever compare Elena to Lois Lane, she’s no where near as an awesome character as Lois Lane.

• Chantall says:

Well elena has changed from season 1 until season 5 her look has changed since she has been to college she is a bit more spunky..(might be that bad boy Damon thats litrally gotten into her)

• hannah says:

your crazy. you do realize elena is the main female character and always will be?

3. Me says:

Nowadays Elena is actually better than the Elena from the first three seasons (season 4 Elena was just a mess). Katherine is way cooler, of course, but people who can’t see Elena’s growth in this season is just blind. Or Dobrev just got tired of her poor acting and decided to give her leading lady some spark. :P
    Plus, the love triangle should come to an end already!

4. dude says:

Well Katherine chose Stefan in season two but I really wish they’d just pull the trigger on Stefan/Caroline.

• guest says:

NO. no no no no no no no no. no Stefan & Caroline. no.

not everyone on a TV show needs to sleep with every other character. just let them be friends!

• Yasin says:

I think the reason why everyone wants them together is because of the natural progression of their story. ThEy like that someone is looking out for Stefan and trying to protect him and be their for him and it does give a natural conclusion to the current seeds that have been planted for the past 3 seasons.

• Dmac says:

What seeds? I view them as best friends and anything other than that is just shippers trying to pair off couples. People need to give that a rest. I think Caroline is Stefan’s new Lexie not his new Elena.

• Jillian says:

I agree. It’s like the concept of men and women having a strictly platonic relationship on television shows is null and void. If they’re friends people expect them to get together eventually. Why can’t we just enjoy Stefan/Caroline’s pure friendship.

• Erin says:

Agree with you because what Stefan & Caroline share is much more than a romantic relationship. They’re besties she’s his new Lexie and he needs her as his friend not cuddy buddy. That would completely ruin what they share if they became lovers. Besides not everyone needs
          to hook on this show. If Stefan managed to stay just friends with Lexie for a century than i’m sure he can do the same with Caroline.

• Amber says:

I like Caroline and Klaus!!

• yolandi says:

I love elana and damon I love every thing just like it is love the show soooooooo much biiiiiiig fan keep doing what u do love ian and nina you gooooood at what u do love ya

5. Lambsilencer says:

Well, either way, after last week’s developments, the show should now officially be renamed to “The Nina Dobrev Show”. :)

• wrstlgirl says:

IKR!!! Another doppelganger. It’s getting ridiculous. I wonder how long before one shows up for Damen. Then Jeremy and Caroline and oh yeah, let’s not forget Bonnie’s ghost. She needs a doppelganger too!!!

• smthkly says:

My prediction….the Augustine vampire will be Damon’s doppelganger. I definitely could handle seeing twice as much Damon on my screen. ;-)

• Sara says:

I agree….they are kind of grasping at straws now. It’s getting ridiculous. I think they are running out of stories.

• wrstlgirl says:

I think they ran out of stories a couple seasons ago really. They just keep rehashing stories already done just from a different point of view. TBH I’m not sure why I’m still watching. I quit watching last season because that stupid search for the cure was completely ridiculous, I just read the write ups and then watched the finale’.

6. meah says:

Lmao!!I always love paul wesley answers.he always sounds like he’s so over the love triangle.I kinda feel he prefers his character to be single or get a new gf that isn’t elena.
    Pls can someone ask julie plec when the stupid love triangle would end?
    Am I the only one that thought stefan and questseya would hook up?

7. pamela says:

katherine still loves stephan it’s been made clear since her character has first appeared on the show. i am too not a fan of elena but i doubt the show wouldn’t continue without her.

8. Domi says:

I’m so happy Stefan got his memories back! Everything can go back to normal! Now we can leave the love triangle in the backround! I’m so happy with this interview! It gave me a lot of hope for next episodes! Delena and Steferine :’)

9. kristin says:

I don’t want steferine or stelena.

10. Rita says:

STEFERINE!! If that happens I’ll be sooo happy, omg :’) Remember when everybody used to love them & then they just dropped that storyline? ugh, such a mistake… Stefan&Katherine were the best couple back in season 2 <'3

11. Babybop says:

If I were Stefan, I wouldn’t even be speaking to Elena at this point. She slept with his brother, what, a day after they broke up? And this was all after she insisted she will always pick him… I never understand when he keeps running to her.

• Erin says:

Yes he needs to leave Elena at the curb. She’s damon’s problem now. Stefan deserves to be happy without her. She didn’t even wait 24hrs after she & Stefan broke up to hope in bed with Damon smh. I’ve lost all respect for Elena and I lost respect for Damon seasons ago when he began persuing his brother’s girl and killed his best friend lexie. Stefan=Happiness is all I want

• TeamJeremy!! says:

I completely agree. I actually loved Damon and felt like the true love story was the bromance between Damon and Stefan. But the triangle ruined that. It made me dislike both Damon and Elena. That’s a line that should not be crossed. Stefan deserved better!

• monica says:

ikrr i totally despise elena and damon right now !!!! she broke stefans heart and if i were him i would ditch her and his bro on the spot!!!! who knew an orphan could be so slutty????

• Lena says:

If you remember, Elena was under the influence of the sire bond at the time so she wasn’t in control of her actions. She loved Damon of her own free will, but she slept with him that first time because of the sire bond.

• Erin says:

Sire bond or not it was straight up FOUL especially on Damon’s part because blood is thicker than water and its against all ethics & codes to EVER date/sleep with a siblings ex anything. Its a HUGE no no. And nothing abt delena will ever make me ship them but like I said at this point quite frankly I think they deserve each other. I don’t see them lasting very long anyways but nevertheless even if they do end being endgame i’m always gonna be Team Stefan.

• Kira says:

I completely agree!!! I used to be Team Salvatore but now I’m just Team Stefan. Damon could care less that his brother was tortured for 3 months. At this point all he cares about is proving his love to Elena. Neutered Damon does not interest me in the least. Somehow Elena manages to suck the life out of whoever she is with.
          If the situation was reversed everybody would be blasting Stefan for working with Silas and repeatedly snapping his brothers neck. But as we’ve seen on the message boards most people think everything Damon does is “perfection”. Stefan has proven over and over he would do anything for his brother. He literally gave up everything he cared about to save Damon’s life. Sad to see it doesn’t work both ways.
          Julie Plec should have made more of an effort the past few seasons to develop their relationship. Now it’s just too little too late. Stefan deserves better than Damon and Elena. I would love for him to move to NOLA!!!! At least there he wouldn’t be repeatedly screwed by the two people he loves the most.

• Erin says:

100% agree with you. Because Damon doesn’t give a flip abt Stefan even after everything Stefan has sacrificed for both Damon & Elena they still somehow manage to make everything abt themselves. And you’re completly right abt the reverse roles if it had been Stefan snapping St Damon’s neck repeatedly he would known as the devil incarnate but because it was Damon repeatedly killing Stefan all is good and forgiven smh. It quite disgusting and pathetic. Yes I hate there bromance has never been what it should be mainly because of Elena & Katherine so I wouldn’t mind at all if Stefan went to New Orleans to help Klaus take down Marcel. He’s the most unappreciated character on this show and i’m tired of watching him suffer almost everry episode. Lol I love your “neutered” Damon line because it describes him perfectly now. He’s nothing like he was in the beginning. He and Elena bring out the worst in each other. I don’t even recognize who Elena is anymore the only scene where I caught an glimpse of old human Elena was at Bonnie’s funeral with the feathers.

• Sara says:

Are we watching the same show? Because Damon didn’t know that Stefan was suffering, if he did he would have spent all his time looking for him, like he did in season 3 Most Damon fans actually don’t agree with everything Damon has done but love him anyway. Whereas I have yet to see one Stefan fan accepting the fact that Stefan has done horrible things, just like Damon has too. Damon deserves better than a brother who still doesn’t see him for who he really is. Stefan has spent most of his time bashing Damon to everyone, especially to Elena. Whereas Damon defended Stefans actions to Elena a lot in seasons 3-4. Sure Stefan has saved Damon many times, but Damon has also saved Stefan.
            And as for SE, I liked them in season 1-2 but after Stefan abused her mentally/physically in season 3-4, I could never like them again. Who in their right mind could ship them now. Stefan made/makes Elena feel bad about herself, guilty for being happy. And he is still guilting her and basically blamed E/DE for his bloodlust. I can’t feel bad for Stefan at all, whe he still acts like a little kid and throws tantrums whe he doesn’t get what he wants.And never owns his mistakes/actions but always blames everthing on someone else. I hope they redeem Stefan, but I don’t see that happening. He has shown no character growth in 5 seasons, while Damon has changed a lot.

• Amy says:

First of all Sara, Stefan was gone for 3 months… 3 months? I think I would call someone and check up with them after one month, hell two weeks if I haven’t heard from them. Who said Stefan was perfect? No one. Everyone knows he’s not. When Tessa gave him back his memories we were reminded of the bad things he’s done. I accept them and I accepted Damon for who he is too. In the first 4 seasons, there was a brother bond between Stefan and Damon. This season? Nothing. Damon is more concern about keeping Elena happy than about his own brother. He was breaking Stefan’s neck over and over again and enjoying it. Stefan cares about Damon more than vice versa. In the season 4 finale, Stefan said that he was happy for his brother although he was not happy with the situation. How is that selfish? Both brothers have flaws. Fact! Both brothers should just dump Elena and get their relationship back on track.

• Lola says:

I completely agree! I am totally over Damon and the fact that everyone seems to just except him not caring about his brother and stealing the love of his life. And what was up this episode with Elena telling Stefan “I was having the best summer of my life with your brother”. Wow thanks for pouring salt in an already open wound. Stefan had visions of himself kissing Elena while drowning and now they are just trying to skip right to “let’s be friends”. Poor writing.
            And she pretty much told us that Katherine is going to end up with Stefan now so thanks for that.

• TeamJeremy!! says:

Very well said! I agree completely!!!

• Sherry says:

Ditto, Erin

• clearhaven says:

Exactly! Elena is not worth his attention anymore! It was one of the reasons I stopped watching the series all together because I found Elena’s act despicable, and his pining for her irritating. I guess they may change the story line towards the end.

• Dgirl says:

SO DAMN TRUE! she should not have let stefan and jump to Damon the next second! i was supporting stelena. But after the break up and all this stupid drama, i just stopped watching the show altogether!

• awgeeez says:

I couldnt even get threw all of season 4 because of this D/E crapfest…guessing a lot of people felt that way cause the ratings were in the toilet…

• Lisa Sanders says:

look at brother I do the same thing

• TeamJeremy!! says:

Exactly!! It’s so gross to me that Elena would sleep with brothers. I’d never want a guy who’d screwed my sister! It’s so gross. Stefan deserves better. He should let Damon have his used up leftovers and move on.

• KillEleana says:

Plus Damon Did Tell Stefan That He Made A Promise.To Him That He Would Ruin.His Life And He Had Returned Back To Mystic Falls To Keep His Word So I Believe That EXACTLY What He’s Doing . They Both Should Be Even With Each Other Idk Why Its So.Hard For Damon Just To Let Stefan.Be Happy . He Had To Take His.Girl Now.He.Just Rubs It In His.Face Basically . I.Wish Stefan.Could Just Let Go And Move Far Away From Them As possible . Elena Didn’t Give A Crap About Stefan While He Was Locked.Up Under Water For 3Months . She Chose To.Ignore Her Dreams And Continue Shackin Up With His Big Bro . she’s Totally Blind And.Poor Caroline Tries To Get Her to See But She Doesn’t Care . Stefan Should.Just Forget About Elena . He Should.Get Rebekka Or Claus Or Maybe Even.Elijah To Compell Him To.Forget About Her . Stefan Deserves Way Better .

12. wrstlgirl says:

I don’t care who Elena is sleeping with. Enough with this ridiculous ping pong relationship crap. I agree with previous posters. Kill Elena and make Katherine your leading lady and pair her with NO ONE!!! She can stand on her own two feet and be a bad ass.

13. S says:

Um didn’t Katherine already choose though? In S2 she said it was always Stefan to Damon so I thought we already knew which bro Katherine loved??? LOL

• lupo says:

Agreed. Not sure why anyone thinks this is a shocking twist. What would be shocking is if Katherine had actually always loved Damon but didn’t want to be vulnerable and kept pushing him away. But nope, everyone always has to love Stefan best. Even Elena, can’t stop sniffing after him everytime it looks like he might move on. What would make me happiest is if Damon kicked them all to them all to the curb and found someone who love him for himself and wouldn’t always compare him to Stefan.

• The One says:

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssss!!! Yes!!! I love D/E a lot, but honestly that’s cos of Damon. Elena should make up her mind. If D/E is over, I won’t miss it. I will take Bamon if she loves him as much as he deserves to be loved. Lemme just reserve my comments on Elena for now. It’s only 7 episodes. There are still about 15 or 16 more to go.

• awgeeez says:

They missed out on the Bamon train…they should have invested in that in season 2 when he was trying to get the pendant back from her, they had great chemistry.

14. S says:

Although Katherine also told Elena she loved both bros in S2 so I guess it could be Damon as well she could have lingering feelings for… hmm could the writers be going back to Katherine and Damon?

15. KRISTINE says:

I will always be a stelena shipper like until I die but I wanted Stefan to forget everything so he could start something new I hate Elena for one reason she’s broke up with Stefan and them slept with his brother that’s what pisses me off but I heard that delena isn’t even going to last long in the mid season they r totally breaking up and ps I hate delena a lot I will never ship them until I die

• me says:

ya totally until you die

Completely agree with you

• clearhaven says:

Totally agree with you. Hate Delena, but I really don’t want Stefan to take Elena back even if she becomes single again. Nahhhhh!

• Sara says:

I will always love Delena, as do the majority of the fans watching. I will never understand how you can say you ship stelena if you hate Elena. Damon is my fave character ever and I could never want him together with a character I hated.
      If DE break up I’m sure they will get back together before the season ends, because they are in love, and like Elena told in season 4 under compulsion, she loves Stefan but is not in love with him anymore. Deal with it. Plus Damon makes her happy.

• Ashley says:

Damon and Elena are just blah now. There was more chemistry in those two scenes between Silas and Amara then between them.

• Erin says:

Hmm I find it odd that you delena shippers always claim to be a majority of tvd’s fanbase when in actuality once Delena became a couple tvd has had the worst ratings throughout the entire show. The first 3 seasons of Stelena had much more ratings than this farse of a relationship that’s been showing now. Damon has fans because of his face it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know that & mainly because of Nian a lot of you Nina/Ian fans ship delena because they can’t tell the difference from the tv show to reality. Both brothers are flawed i’ve never said that Stefan was perfect but i’d take him over Damon any day. You have your opinion and I have mines

• Delenacrazyfan says:

Of course the show would have the worst ratings… when Damon and Elena got together most of you Stelena fans couldn’t handle and stoped watching the show… differently from the previous season that we Delena fans watched feverishly 4 damn seasons just to see Damon and Elena together. And in which planet do you live??? Ian and Nina are not together anymore (and to be honest I don’t give a crap!!!) so we don’t want Delena because of them!!Dah!!
          Another thing “farse of a relationship” is perfect to define Stefan and Elena… I mean… can you imagine if the universe forced you to be with Freddy Krueger?? Where is your free will? That would suck!!! And you know what…You might say that they’re fated and all that crap, but at least Damon and Elena is natural, it’s a real thing… not a forced thing!!!!

• Erin says:

Stefan and Elena aren’t forced to be together they have free will otherwise Delena wouldn’t be happening at the moment. And I can handle watching delena just fine I may not like it or ship it but i’m cool with regardless. Do I think its gonna last? Who knows with these writers because they have completely destroyed Elena’s character anyways. At this point I don’t even want Stefan with her because he deserves so much better.

• Erin says:

Also since you Delena fans seem to think that you are the majority you shouldn’t need the Stelena fans to watch the show for it to have top ratings every thursday. Especially being that it’s what you all have been waiting for since season one. So don’t try to blame us just because Delena isn’t interesting enough to keep viewers entertained no matter who they ship.

• The One says:

Preach, baby!

• Katerinafan101 says:

You’ve forgotten that Stefan became over Katherine ages ago while Damon spent half his life 4 many centuries pining over her and wanting to free her from that Tomb And he made out with her until She told him this: “The truth is I never loved it was always Stefan, only Stefan.” So technically if she hadn’t of told him that and continued kissing him and had sex. They would still be together today And Elena wouldn’t be in the picture plus in the first 2 seasons a human she always considered him a Creep and Freaked out and told to get out when ever he came into her room and he did try 2 compel her and forcefully kiss her in Season 1 until she slapped him and said “I’m Not Katherine.” And to all u Delena Fans She was always just his Rebound Girl b/c Katherine rejected him. The Sire Bond didn’t count as Love her actions were uncalled 4. U have to Understand it took him two centuries to get over her and even know he said to Elena that she was a Bitch who broke his heart he was lying because he knew she was still alive and wanted to rescue her then found out she wasn’t in the Tomb and lied for Centuries mad a deal with someone that she’d turn them b/c they were in love with her and didn’t want her to suffer centuries of that torture and went on living her life and he only knew Elena 4 two yrs doesn’t matter if they met first they where just strangers and Elena told him her name when he called her “Katherine?” so he he didn’t know right away she told him. It wasn’t until the Season 4 Finale when they He fell in with her for the First Time because 4 the longest time she was just on the Rebound to help him get over his first Love. While Stefan and Elena were Classmates and kept on bumping into each other by they fell in Love and btw she locked eyes at him while coming out of the boys bathroom It was Love at First Sight and so they weren’t Strangers and I don’t think Damon will truly ever be over Katherine completely b/c of the way he looked at with the sadness and the guilt in his eyes this season when he wanted to protect her after she told him she needed and when he drained her blood it like a piece of him was missing like he didn’t have a choice because he wanted to make Elena happy but at the same time he felt bad when he said “Goodbye Katherine.” u can see the guilt and depressed look in his eyes. I think deep down Damon and Stefan and all the fans know that Elena has become just like Katherine as a Vampire and doesn’t care about hurting peoples feelings anymore and Stefan Knows she’s a Bitch & a Cheating Whore of a Slut but won’t admit it 2 her cause he’s trying 2 be nice. If I was him I’d her the truth. Because he still has hope that his True love, his epic love, sweet innocent Elena will come back. She doesn’t deserve to be a Vampire She’s still whiny & need protection from both Salvatore brothers while Katerina spent 5 centuries running from Klaus & taking care of herself. And didn’t care about stopping Damon from trying to kill Katherine but failed now she’s cursed with old age for 3 more months left to live or killing Sweet Amara. I know she wanted 2 die but still it’s like human life has no value to her anymore it doesn’t matter who it is its still taking another Human Life. It’s like when she killed that hunter killed 4 the first time & was never the same again until Damon basically told her her it’s alright to kill, took to a party taking advantage of his brother’s girl and drinking peoples blood. Face it Damon brings out the worst in her and Elena has him whipped making him be her little Bitch And Deep down Damon knows she’s turning into Katherine each and every day as a Vampire and he likes it b/c he enjoys being with a a naughty bad girl b/c he fell in love with Katherine over 200 yrs cause she was beautiful, manipulative and a sexy naughty all around bad girl so now Elena is the New Katherine and with her wavy hair to prove it I’d say she’s copying her look and her attitude. I think deep down she wants 2 be her and he’s having dreams about Stefan while she’s in bed with Damon so she Is with him in her dreams while she’s with Damon in the real world. So in her mind she’s dating both at the same time just like Katerina did; she’s trying to turn her feelings for Stefan off but she can’t. She enjoys being an all around bad girl. At least when Katherine was with them two Centuries ago. She dated both of them to avoid any heartbreak. She didn’t leave one 4 the other. She Chose Stefan only 2 break his hearts which means she is way worse than Katherine ever was & Damon doesn’t about hurting his baby anymore but Deep down because of Elena’s sudden change in behavior He Loves her but now He’s afraid that She going to turn on him just like Katherine did. When she was human she was his total opposite. I LOVE KATHERINE PEIRCE! SHE IS AMAAAAAAAZZZZING and WAY BETTER THAN ELENA IS SO MANY WAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Erin says:

Agreed Elena is becoming the new unattractive version of vampire Katherine and its not good to watch at all. She’s become so selfish and self absorbed and that I don’t even like watching the scenes with her in it. And that really saddens me because she was once my favorite character. I love human katherine she may bre dying but atleast she’s doing with while fighting back and being the same sassy bitch she’s always been lol. I wouldn’t mind if Stefan got with Katherine anymore because at this point I just want him to stop hurting, be happy, and be as far away from Delena as possible.

• monica says:

she is a bitch.well said.kathrine is a fair giving girl and she is much nicer than that little dirty whore who isnt afraid to break peoples hearts.all those who love the delena relationship,u have no heart BTW

• Sandra says:

Stefan loves Elena no doubt. But Damon triggers Elena. Elena loves Damon from the start.

16. Elijahismyfavoritebadassontheoriginals says:

Elena is not going to be killed off ever she is the main character. Elena is selfish and whiny in the books also so that’s how her character is suppose to be. It is how she was created. There is no changing her or killing her off.

17. Jules says:

Great article! I think Katherine still loves Stefan as she pretty much confessed in Season 2 but you never know! I just REALLY want Stefan with Caroline…they are my two favourite characters and they are just awesome together!

18. Stacey says:

I can’t see why Katherine would have any feelings for Damon other than hatred since he let Silas drain her, must be Stefan she still loves. Absolutely loving Katherine this season, Nina Dobrev is an awesome actress.

19. Allison P says:

I could see endgame being Stefan/Katherine and Damon/Elena. It would keep the doppelganger meant-to-be thing true…

• The One says:

I wish a male writer would join the crew. I’d prefer it if romance plays second fiddle to an actual storyline in TVD. That’s what made the 1st 2 seasons so good.

20. Erin says:

I will forever ship Stelena but I want Stefan to move on from Elena. She’s done nothing but cause him pain and he deserves way better than that. I don’t want Stefan with Caroline because she’s basically his only true friend aka his new Lexi and he needs her there to lean on not to sleep with. Delena makes me sick but at this point they actually deserve each other because they both are selfish, ignorant narcissists who only thinks abt themselves. I mean they treat Stefan like crap and I wish he’d wash his hands on the both of them. Steferine would be great because i’m actually loving katherine this season so if she doesn’t die off I wouldnt mind Stefan being with a girl who can actually defend herself and can make a decision abt who she wants and stick to it. Elena thinks she can have her cake and eat it to because even though she’s with Damon she feels like she has the right to say who Stefan can hang out with? She really needs to get over herself.

• truth says:

PREACH !
      I agree 100%.
      Stelena is my OTP. Forever.
      But after everything Elena and Damon did to Stefan I just want happiness for him right now.
      The Elena I see now isn’t the Elena I used to love so much.
      She is the complete opposite. A selfish bitch like Damon.
      This girl doesn’t deserve Stefan as a boyfriend. And Damon doesn’t deserve Stefan as a brother.

• MandyM says:

Well well said!! I’ve been wondering if anyone else out there felt annoyed too with Elena “having her cake cake and eating it too” – my thoughts exactly! It’s irritating that she’s dating Damon but wants Stefan to stick around too for her sake. It’s like this whole show now exclusively revolves around Keeping Elena Happy. Bahhh.

I just want Stefan to be happy and at peace at this point. Preferably without Elena (for awhile, anyways).

21. bamboodo says:

i prefer Katherine…just write Elena off, plz!!!

22. allison says:

I love stephan so much. Elena is just selfish. And damon is an ass how could u do that to your brother

23. Liz says:

finally it’s time for stefan to be happy! I still hope that stefans heartbreaking confession tonight is going to be about how they have hurt him and let him down.
    Stefan put damon first, he left with klaus to save Damon even when he knew that he was going to leave elena behind.
    And now look how Damon is treathing stefan? Like nothing. He killed his bestfriend, he is with the women that his brother loved first, he never noticed all those months that stefan was missing when he should know his brother better and now damon is snapping his neck like stefan means nothing to him. If i were stefan i would nothing to do with the 2 anymore.

And as for the love triangle well i think that Damon isn’t Damon anymore and that it just doesn’t work between them but yess they deserve each other. And stefan is the perfect bf but elena just broke him too much and thats really sad because there love was beautifull.
    So bring on some good girl for stefan and lets see how long elena could handle that!

• Baris says:

LOL, everything you said is so inaccurate its funny.

• bubu says:

OK, I think the writers need a reality check. I used to loved both brothers so much, but the story line is so cruel in so many ways is ridiculous. First, there are many things they have done to each other, but measuring who have been hurt the most I believe Damon is a very cruel and selfish man, your usual guy around :0) how you go after your brothers girl is grouse in so many ways. Damon has killed Elena’s brother like more than once, and stabbed Stefan so many times in the back is ridiculous. Elena been with him is like I’m a punsing bag that you can treat like crap but I still love you. I feel like Elena does not have self steam at all. Stefan should not be with Caroline they would even mess up more the story. I just think they are crossing the line so much, flipflop I’m loosing interest. I think Stephan should meet someone new. I love Catherine and Caroline, Jeremy and Bonny. Elena is leaking through the cracks, Damon he is to much a back stabbing guy to deserved happinesses and Stefan paid over and over (drown over and over)for his mistakes he should have some happiness. I want for once to see Stephan happy. :0(

• Chantall says:

I think Damom makes elena feel free like she can be herself (notice her new curly hair and spunky ways) i lov Damons dark side they make a cute couple

24. Theo says:

These comments are a joy…

25. Sara says:

Um….why are they acting like it’s a big secret who Katherine loves? Didn’t they already cover this?

26. kevin says:

stefan should move…

27. shaddai says:

It’s a tv show let’s nt get worked up

28. sarah says:

Kath may have confessed she loved Stefan BUT I think it will turn out that she loves Damon.

29. cas says:

When will people understand the whole show is about the triangle and will always be about it? Also, Stefan and Damon have done equally enough bad things to each other so I don’t think everyone needs to sit here and blame one or the other. As for Stefan and Caroline, just about everyone I knew in college hooked up with everyone so I don’t think it’s unrealistic to assume they could be more than platonic friends. Besides sometimes you can hook up with friends and even after it doesn’t work out still remain friends.

• wrstlgirl says:

And why is that? Because that’s the way it is in the book? Heaven forbid they could ever stray away from that. That triangle is ruining the show. People are sick and tired of it.

• Erin says:

I know i’m sick to death of the triangle and we all know that its beyond far from over. And me being a diehard Stelena OTP you would think that I would be happy but i’ve lost all respect for Elena last season & definitely this season. I want Stefan to be happy far away from her and Damon. Not everyone needs to be hooking up college or not there are just some roads you shouldn’t travel down and c’mon this is TVD we all know that it would ruin Stefan & Caroline’s friendship if they slept together. Leave them be as just friends & besties!!!

30. Mikael says:

Stefan/Caroline or Stefan/Katherine. I’ll even take Stefan/Tessa! Just no Elena.

31. RichieS says:

This show jumped when they killed off Matt Davis.

32. leh says:

Acho que isso vai ser uma pegadinha,pra fazer todo mundo pensar que quem Katherine ama é o Stefan mas acho que no final vai ser o Damon só pra surpreender mesmo.
    Eu queria que fosse o Stefan mas acho que não vai ser.
    Delena e Steferine <3

33. ericaschmerica says:

I haven’t watched the last few episodes but where I left off, we were told that doppelgangers are destined to be together. So they want us to believe that Stefan and Elena are meant for each other, so says the universe. But that doesn’t make sense to me because what about Katherine? She and Stefan were a thing almost 2 centuries before Elena came into the picture. In fact, Katherine is why Stefan became a vampire, right? Do more recent episodes attempt to address this plot issue?

• Erin says:

From what I read I think they’re gonna have another Stefan like doppleganger show up later on in the season.

• Katerinafan101 says:

You’ve forgotten that Stefan became over Katherine ages ago while Damon spent half his life for many centuries pining over her and wanting to free her from that Tomb And he made out with her until She told him this: “The truth is I never loved it was always Stefan, only Stefan.” So technically if she hadn’t of told him that and continued kissing him and had sex. They would still be together today And Elena wouldn’t be in the picture plus in the first 2 seasons a human she always considered him a Creep and Freaked out and told to get out when ever he came into her room and he did try to compel her and forcefully kiss her in Season 1 until she slapped him and said “I’m Not Katherine.” And to all u Delena Fans She was always just his Rebound Girl b/c Katherine rejected him. You have to Understand it took him two centuries to get over her and even know he said to Elena that she was a Bitch who broke his heart he was lying because he knew she was still alive and wanted to rescue her then found out she wasn’t in the Tomb and lied for Centuries mad a deal with someone that she’d turn them b/c they were in love with her and didn’t want her to suffer centuries of that torture and went on living her life and he only knew Elena 4 two yrs doesn’t matter if they met first they where just strangers and Elena told him her name when he called her “Katherine?” so he he didn’t know right away she told him While Stefan and Elena were Classmates and kept on bumping into each other by they fell in Love and btw she locked eyes at him while coming out of the boys bathroom Ir was Love at First Sight and so they weren’t Strangers and I don’t think Damon will truly ever be over Katherine completely b/c of the way he looked at with the sadness and the guilt in his eyes this season when he wanted to protect her after she told him she needed and when he drained her blood it like a piece of him was missing like he didn’t have a choice because he wanted to make Elena happy but at the same time he felt bad when he said “Goodbye Katherine.” u can see the guilt and depressed look in his eyes. i think deep down Damon and Stefan and all the fan know that Elena has become just like Katherine as a Vampire and doesn’t care about hurting peoples feelings anymore and Stefan Knows she’s a Bitch and a Cheating Whore of a Slut but won’t admit it 2 her cause he’s trying to be nice cause he still has hope that his True love, his epic love, sweet innocent Elena will come back. She doesn’t deserve to be a Vampire She’s still whiny and need protection from both Salvatore brothers while Katerina spent 5 centuries running from Klaus and taking care of herself. And didn’t care about stopping Damon from trying to kill Katherine but failed now she’s cursed with old age for 3 more months left to live or killing Sweet Amara. I know she wanted to die but still it’s like human life has no value to her anymore it doesn’t matter whi it is its still taking another Human Life. It’s like when she killed that hunter killed for the first time and was never the same again until Damon basically told her her it’s alright to kill, took to a party taking advantage of his brother’s girl and drinking peoples blood. Face it Damon brings out the worst in her and Elena has him whipped making him be her little Bitch And Deep down Damon knows she’s turning into Katherine each and every day as a Vampire and he likes it b/c he enjoys being with a a naughty bad girl b/c he fell in love with Katherine over 200 yrs cause she was beautiful, manipulative and a sexy naughty all around bad girl so now Elena is the New Katherine and with her wavy hair to prove it I’d say she’s copying her look and her attitude. I think deep down she wants to be her and he’s having dreams about Stefan while she’s in bed with Damon so she Is with him in her dreams while she’s with Damon in the real world. So in her mind she’s dating both at the same time just like Katerina did; she’s trying to turn her feelings for Stefan off but she can’t. She enjoys being an all around bad girl. At least when Katherine was with them two Centuries ago. She dated both of them to avoid any heartbreak. She didn’t leave one 4 the other. She Chose Stefan only to break his hearts which means she is way worse than Katherine ever was and Damon doesn’t about hurting his baby anymore but Deep down because of Elena’s sudden change in behavior He Loves her but now He’s afraid that She going to turn on him just like Katherine did. When she was human she was his total opposite.

34. clearhaven says:

Does Damon still have fans tho? With all his manipulative, despicable…As for Elena, I can’t even! Just no words.
    My wishlist for VD:
    -Stefan stops giving a rats ass about Elena, and his joke of a brother
    -Yeah, yeah, blood is blood..when Damon needs help Stefan can go help him but after that the deal is off
    -Stefan doesn’t speak to Elena until she pines after him for a season and a half like he has done (I think it’s been more, what season is this again?)
    -Stefan falls in love with someone who sees how beautiful he is
    – Stefan never returns to Elena no matter what

But knowing Stefan and his heart which is the size of a bus, he’d probably take Elena back the moment she’s over with Damon *spits*

• Liza says:

Damon has the most fans for a reason. All of your justifications are so ridiculous I wont even bother commenting on them.
      Stefan stalked Elena for months because he HAD to know her,even when he knew it was dangerous for her. Abd he wasn’t sure if she was Katherine..what an epic start to a “love story”.
      Damon and Elena got to know each, were friends and fell in love with each other because of who they were. Not because of an old spell/destiny that gave no room for free will.
      And Stefan’s compassion never seems to extens to his brother. Stefan has always been the most manipulative character on the show, period. Especially with Elena. How he still has fans, I will never understand. he is an immature, manipulative, selfish little boy.

• Anne says:

Okay tell me how Stefan is manipulative and Damon is not. I’ll like a detail description and Stefan’s compassion never extended to his brother? Are you kidding me? If it wasn’t for Stefan leaving with Klaus, Damon would be dead from that wolf bite.

• The One says:

Wow! You’re lying, though. No offense. He’s the best and most unselfish character in the show.

35. iman says:

You guys are boring with the comments.
    Delena Forever!!! <3
    And Damons hot!

• The One says:

Lmao. Most gorgeous character ever. Q.E.D

• awgeeez says:

I’m sure thats why this show is suffering; great eye candy and terrible acting/chemistry…same thing with True Blood, soon as they hooked up Sookie and Eric (like in the books), the whole show went to the toilet and is now on its last season…lets see how long this show last when they continue this D/E crap…

36. Marie says:

Elena is just so annoying to me. It’s ridiculous. She should stay with Damon. They deserve each other and Stefan deserves so much more than her. That fact the Elena had to beg Damon to go find Stefan is just sad. Damon should have wanted to do that on his own. It’s his brother. Nothing is remotely exciting on TVD right now. Well, except Katherine. She makes this show bearable. BONNIE and STEFAN… Ugh ( can’t catch a break) I like Ian, I just don’t like Damon (unless he’s cracking a joke, or being badass, which has not happen at all this season. He’s just whipped now).

• Erin says:

Took the words right out of my mouth. Damon is the most sorriest excuse for a brother in history in my book. He doesn’t give a damn abt Stefan whereas Stefan cares to much. It’s baffling how Elena had to beg Damon to go find Stefan his own blood without him automatically doing so himself. I also agree that at this point although I will forever ship Stelena that Damon & Elena deserve each other because they’re both selfish, self centered assholes and Stefan deserves so much better. Both Stefan and Bonnie are so selfless on this show that they always end up with the short end of the stick. I was so happy at first when Bonnie came back but once I figured out how much pain she will forever be in because she’s now the anchor I myself would prefer to still be a ghost. Poor Bonnie. Poor Stefan is going through PTSD but his so called “friend” Elena is to busy telling him how happy she was this summer and that she got everything that she wanted to realize that Stefan obviously could careless at the moment. It’s always gotta be abt her she’s so selfish now that I don’t even recognize her anymore. Damon truly brings out the worst in her. As she has tamed him like pet. He’s so far up her ass that he can’t tell where she starts and he begins smh whipped indeed. I just want Stefan to be happy preferably away from both Damon and Elena and to find someone who appreciates him. I almost wish he’d pull a Tyler and go to The Originals.

• Delenacrazyfan says:

Damon and Elena are not selfish!!! You Stelena fans are!!! You guys only think about Stefan’s happiness and forget about the others!! First of all Damon might have done things to hurt him in the past but he loves Stefan and he worries about him. Elena didn’t have to beg for him to save Stefan… the thing is… he believed Stefan was strong and angry enough to beat Silas’s ass!! And he did that, right?! Second it’s really weird to see how revolted you guys are in saying you hate Elena and still… you ship Stelena!! And third I have nothing against Stefan and I really hope he finds his happiness. And I really wish he could be with Katherine or Caroline.
        With Caroline would be interesting since he practically spit on her face in season 1. She was totally rejected in ep 1 (correct me if I’m wrong). I was kinda pity of her !!

• Anne says:

Oh yea, nothing says “Stefan, I care and worry about you” more than snapping his neck two times without telling him why you’re doing it in the first place. That’s that brotherly love alright. Seriously, there has been NO brother bonding in this season at all. Stefan and Bonnie and Caroline and Katherine and even Matt (where ever he is) better get some happiness by the end if the season or I’m going to be very disappointed. :-/

37. bubu says:

OK we are not Stelena fans we just Have seen the show from the first chapter, and I like the cute love, the real love. The two brothers are hot, but me as a female I would love the true love that has try his best to never hurt me….

38. Sara Holmes says:

weird how the show was so focused on the brother rivalry that it glossed right over the fact that damon also slept with elena’s biological mothsr.

• Erin says:

Slept with her biological mother, pracically raped and tortured Caroline before and after she became a vampire, terrorized Bonnie and her Grams, killed Jer several times, killed Alaric several times, and yet still he’s just simply MISUNDERSTOOD. Sure Stefan has done a lot of horrible things but never to the people that Elena loves and cares abt. He’s always tried to save everyone especially the two assholes of delena. Yes Stefan drove recklessly on the bridge while he forcibly had Elena in the
      car WHILE HIS HUMANITY WAS OFF by the way. It was cruel but he had a purpose because it made Klaus get rid of his hybrids. What’s Damon’s excuse for all of the bs that he’s done besides throwing a hissy fit because all the girls choose Stefan over him and he can’t handle rejection. Even now while he “has the girl” he’s still the same insecure little prick that he was from season 1.

• MandyM says:

True that.

As much as I love Damon, he’s definitely a psychopath.

• awgeeez says:

Its funny because even Ian doesn’t understand how Damon fans can blindly justify every despicable thing Damon has done to every single character on the show…guess those gorgeous eyes has them hypnotized…I have to admit, sometimes they have me hypnotized too, then I remember he is major tool and has some serious jealousy issues.

• Chantall says:

Honestly a good looking physco

• Sherry says:

I TOTALLY agree. While I love the character of Damon and his snappy one-liners, he has done despicable things just because that’s who he is. Stefan does bad things because he’s a “bloodaholic”. Emily told Stefan in the first season that his heart was pure and that would be his curse. That has more than proven to be the case. He has shown it over and over again in his selflessness when it comes to Damon and Elena.

I may be wrong, but I think there have been a couple of key points made that may turn things around eventually. First, in the 4th season, after Damon and Elena found out she was sired to him, he said to her “You know what would make me happy…that what you felt for me this entire time was real”. Elena’s whole personality changed when she was sired to Damon – she took on the same personality traits as him, selfishness, etc. Look at the sire bond with Charlotte and how literal it was? We know that she cared for Damon before the sire bond, but she picked Stefan over Damon and said it was the “best choice” she ever made. And yet within a short time, her love for Stefan was “barely a memory”. Then in Season 5 Ep. 6, when Elena showed up at the cabin because she thought Tessa was hooking up with Stefan, she told Stefan she wouldn’t have let Damon do to him what he did ( breaking his neck over and over),and “NO MEMORY” Stefan replied “Sure you would of – you have this annoying tendency to do anything he tells you to do”. That’s a pretty key statement in my opinion. Just seems to me that the whole sire bond thing is the key to Elena’s personality change, her feelings for Damon, etc. I think her feelings for Stefan are still there but are buried do to the sire bond somehow still having some effect. Charlotte’s bond with Damon didn’t go away just because he left for 70 years! What’s to say Elena’s sire bond didn’t come back into effect when she turned her humanity back on? Tyler didn’t have feelings for Klaus before his sire bond to him, so how would he know if it affected feelings or not? I think if the sire bond is the key and it is broken, then we will see the “old” Elena emerge and she and Stefan will reunite. It will be a travesty if they don’t end up together. I think it’s the natural direction of the story from the beginning. Just because Ian Somerhalder is perceived to be more handsome in some people’s eyes than Paul Wesley ( not mine) is no reason to keep Elena and Damon together for good.

39. Kayla says:

I think Katherine is Stefan’s doppleganger match and that Elena hasn’t even met hers which is why she can break Stefan’s heart so easily. Cause if EVERY doppleganger match has someone they are fated to be with then where is Katherine’s match? I wouldn’t be surprised if this ended up happening but I would be interested in seeing what a relationship with Katherine and Stefan is like.

40. Brooke says:

i don’t care what any of you think, Damon is my favorite character because he gets things done, that need to be done. Stefan is always to scared that he will lose someone if he takes things in his own hands to get the business done. I like Ripper Stefan, because regular Stefan is a wimp! Its always awe poor Stefan he ate the neighbor and now will hate himself for a century! Give me a break! He MADE Damon become a vampire, yet Damon is the bad brother? It’s not Damon’s fault that Stefan can’t handle the harsh reality of life as a vampire. I think Stefan should have been killed off and replaced by Silas. (just my opinion don’t go kill yourself) I think that Caroline should end up in New Orleans with Niklaus, let’s face it, there has been so much sexual tension there, you know it would be awesome! Team Delena & Klaroline <3

• The One says:

Hahahahahahaha!!! Nice!

• Erin says:

And we don’t care what you think. Everyone is entitled to there own opinions you stated yours so here’s mines. I don’t like Damon sure he’s funny sometimes but I wouldn’t care if left or died off the show. In my opinion I wish Stefan hadn’t be the selfless brother that he is and just let Damon die all the times that he’s saved him. The fire in season one or the wolf bite from Tyler. And Stefan stalked Elena really? What do you call Damon coming into her room all those times while she slept starring at her like some pervert? And blah blah Stefan didn’t hold a gun to Damon’s head and force him to feed to become a vampire. And he’s had decades to end his so called torture if he truly hated what he was so everyone needs to let that bs go. Stefan can handle his reality just fine but if you had been through all the pain and suffering that he has i’m sure you’d be considered a “wimp” as well. He handles pain and rejection way better than your hero St. Damon because when he’s rejected everyone’s supposed to notice not to mention he ends up in bed with different women or kills jer like he has several times before. So don’t go casting stones at Stefan because Damon has just as many if not more because we don’t truly know what all Damon has done in his past.

41. Christopher salmon says:

And I don’t care what any of you think, Stefan and Elena are meant to be together. I don’t like Damon for what he done in the first few seasons. You don’t come on to your brothers girlfriend, especially as at the end of season 2,if it wasn’t for Stefan Damon would be dead, and because Stefan had to work for Claus that put a massive chink in his relationship, and his brother sneakily moved in on his woman, as he’s always done.SStellana always.

42. Chris Salmon says:

I’ll say it again just look back through TVD and you’ll see that Stefan and Elena have got that love that never dies. They’re meant to be together forever and the writers know that as well. Stellana will be back to stay, and then Damon can get back to what he does best, “BE THE BAD GUY. “

43. night magic says:

I LOVE WHAT JULIE SAID IN ANOTHER INTERVIEW HOW EVEN THOUGH EVERYONE ELSE IS SAYING THEY DONT BELONG TOGETHER AND ARE FATED TO BE APART THEY ARE STILL FIGHITING FOR THEIR LOVE .THEY ARE SUCH AN EPIC LOVE WITH DAMON LOVING ELENA UNCONDITIONALLY AND FOREVER BEING THERE FOR HER .STANDING BY HER LOVING HER AND EVEN WHILE STELENA WERE TOGETHER DAMON TOLD HER THE TRUTH ABOUT CERTAIN THINGS STEFAN WAS DOING .HE COULD HAVE EASILLY USED THOSE SITUATIONS TO HIS OWN ADVANTAGE AND YET HE CHOOSE TO HELP THEM .HE CHOOSE TO SAVE HIS BROTHER .AND EVEN WHEN ELENA WAS SIRED TO HIM HE DIDNT ONCE TAKE ADVANTAGE OF HER .THE MINUTE HE KNEW SHE WAS HE TRIED TO FIND A CURE TO UNSIRE HER FROM HIM AND AGAIN HE COULD HAVE TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF HER BUT HE DIDNT EG SLEEPING IN THE BED WITH THEIR CLOTHES ON NOT WANTING TO GO TO THE LAKE HOUSE AND NOT WANTING TO JOIN IN WHEN ELENA CALLED HIM OVER .STEFAN BROKE UP WITH ELENA AND DAMON SEEMS TO MAKE HER SO HAPPY .I LOVE DELENA

• Katie says:

I don’t understand how you can like Stephan and Elena. They never even had any spark, she is so obviously meant to be with Damon. He would do Anything to be with her, and even though no one wants them t

44. night magic says:

stefan humanity was on when he even tried to kill elena by going over the bridge and leaving her in the middle of the night and it was damon who was there to pick up the pieces .Damon almost died through a werewolf bite because of klaus .if he hadnt been trying to save Caroline and Tyler he woudnt have been bitten and he wouldnt have tried to save them if it wasnt for klaus taking them for his sacrifice ..Damon has come along way since hurting Caroline .Elena loves him and cared deeply for him before and Damon has responded to that whether he even knows it .When Elena picked Stefan Damon was still there for both Elena and his brother .he was bitter or angry he was just there

45. night magic says:

sorry meant to say damon wasnt bitter or angry he was just there for both his brother and elena

46. Zaine says:

Hmn..well to me..i really do love stefan..nd i want him to be happy..he’s suffered alot..i want a new girl for stefan..let him be so happy plz..nd lets see wat d stupid freakin silly bitch(elena)..will do abou dat.

47. louise says:

i love elena – and kathrine too, but i see kathrine gone. i dont see them writing of elena so – and then make a new love for stephan. Delena <3

48. remmy says:

I Love stefan soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much nd i just want him to be happy!! Screw damon and elena! I want stefan to be happy!!!

49. Marie says:

I personally am a die-hard Stelena fan. Stafan and Elena’s love was true and pure. Stefan always wanted to protect Elena and protect the ones she cared about. As for Damon, I want him to just find another girl and leave town and be happy with her. To those who think Stefan and Elana’s love and relationship was easy, do you not remember all of the season 1&2 issues and even after Stefan left with Klous Elena still chose Stefan. As much as I love Elena, she has changed for the worse since she’s been with Damon, Elena should start listening to Caroline.

• M says:

I totally agree with you. Stefan has always been the one for elena. Damon left elena because he couldnt protect her. But stefan did whatever he could just to keep elena and her loved ones safe. Now that’s real love. No matter how good looking and seducing damon is, I’d still choose stefan for elena. He has always been the one that’s out there protecting elena. And seriously, Stelena has a waaaaay more awesome romance than any of em. :)

50. Kacey says:

I completely agree with you Marie. I will always be a Stelena fan. And it’s heartbreaking to see her with the selfish jerk Damon. Stefan and Elena’s love was beautiful and unselfish.

• Vanessa says:

What a presumptuous and trivial comment. I’m not above being a Stelena fan. I could truly care less as to who she ends up with as I am fond of both brothers. While Damon appears to be upfront and direct in his manner, that does not mean he is not a character worthy of recognition and respect, especially when he displays moments of tenderness and compassion for those he cares for.