Ratings: Vampire Diaries Surges, Voice Lifts Sean, Millers Rebounds, Wonderland and X Hit Lows

Get More: Ratings

Vampire Diaries RatingsThe Vampire Diaries took a big bite out of the Thursday ratings, while The Voice lifted Sean Saves the World. Once Upon a Time in Wonderland and The X Factor, meanwhile, were among last night’s big losers.

Let’s go network-by-network:

RELATED | Spoilers on The Big Bang Theory, The Vampire Diaries and More in Ask Ausiello

The CW | Despite facing increased competition in the 8 pm hour from NBC’s The Voice, Vampire Diaries soared 44 percent in the 18-49 demo compared to last week (1.3 vs. 0.9, per finals) — besting The X Factor. Rookie period soap Reign didn’t benefit from the bigger-lead in, however, matching last week’s 0.6.

Fox | The X Factor plummeted 40 percent from its last regular Thursday airing, notching a 1.2 in the demo aka an all-time low for a competition episode, while Glee drew a 1.5 — tying its series low but roughly even with its last non-tribute episode.

RELATED | Glee Recap: Feud for Thought

ABC | Once Upon a Time in Wonderland sank to a series low 0.9, down nearly 20 percent from its last original telecast two weeks ago. Grey’s Anatomy inched up a tenth (to a 2.7), while Scandal dipped one tenth (to a 2.8).

RELATED | Grey’s Anatomy Recap: Fight Club

NBC | A special Thursday Voice results show (2.5) drove Sean Saves the World to a 1.4, jumping 27 percent week-over-week, but The Michael J. Fox Show (1.0) dipped a tenth. Parenthood capped the night with a 1.3, up a tenth.

RELATED | The Voice Recap: Did the Right 12 Singers Make the Cut?

CBS | The Big Bang Theory remained the night’s biggest draw, although its 4.9 was down three tenths from its last original episode two weeks ago. The Millers rebounded from last week’s low, jumping five tenths to a 2.6. The Crazy Ones was also up (2.1 vs. 1.9), while Two and a Half Men sank three-tenths to a 2.0 (a possible series low). Lastly, Elementary matched last week’s 1.8.

Comments (57)

• Sorry FOX but those numbers are pathetic.. 1.2 and 1.5? I mean, n the final ratings TVD can beat the x factor! WOW

Comment by Jessica – November 8, 2013 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Silas, that is all :-)

Comment by wrstlgirl – November 8, 2013 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed! He’s hilarious.

Comment by justsayin – November 8, 2013 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • he had me laughing out loud! “knock knock…” “whose there” “the mayor” “the mayor who?” “no one. that’s the joke! it’s no one because I killed the mayor!”

Comment by Elyse – November 9, 2013 04:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’s really interesting that TV Line’s headline calls out Wonderland’s low ratings but not Fox’s X-Factor and Glee. Glee’s highly promoted Gaga/Katy Perry/Adam Lambert show tied for series lowest ratings and that gets buried in the copy???

Comment by JR – November 8, 2013 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why call Glee out when everyone knows that show officially has been renewed this year and is set to end next year, so at this point Ratings for it do not matter. As to XFactor it should be called out, but I think Matt doesn’t want to step on Slezak’s turf on the one.

Comment by eridapo – November 8, 2013 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Highly promoted? I had no idea it was even back this week.

Comment by Hipppp – November 8, 2013 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Really? You missed Jane Lynch in Entertainment Weekly and on the View, as well as EW, Hollywood Reporter, TVLine and Eonline all promoting Adam Lambert’s premiere episode, the various Fox station promos, the Glee cast promo twitters, and Katy Perry’s tweet to her 46 million followers??? They targeted the online fandom as well as the General Audience and still only got 4 million viewers and 1.5 demo rating.

Comment by JR – November 8, 2013 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ouch at Wonderland. ABC has got to pull that surely? Does it have any spackle?

Comment by Apples – November 8, 2013 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nah Wonderland is a huge failure for ABC. They need to cancel it and focus on getting OUAT ratings stable

Comment by ggny – November 8, 2013 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s not good. I loved the pilot but it’s gone down hill from there. Just my opinion of course.

Comment by wrstlgirl – November 8, 2013 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • the pilot had so much potential!!! but after the pilot it’s been AWFUL! so boring…

Comment by Elyse – November 8, 2013 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Has it? I watched and liked the pilot but decided not to continue watching because the ratings were low and I’m already watching The Vampire Diaries and The Big Bang Theory at 8 (yes, I have a DVR, but I can only record two shows at once, and I no longer get the West Coast feeds). I guess I’m “glad” it has gone down hill.

Comment by alistaircrane – November 8, 2013 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • yeah the pilot was fantastic and I thought it would get better buuuut not so much. you aren’t missing anything!

Comment by Elyse – November 9, 2013 04:37 AM PDT
        • Yeah, as I was watching last night I kept asking myself if I wanted to continue on with it. I keep thinking it will find a groove but it’s just not happening and with those ratings ABC could pull it any minute.

Comment by wrstlgirl – November 8, 2013 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They should have kept it as a winter mini-series while OUAT is on hiatus.

Comment by Meg – November 8, 2013 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That would have been lame. Nobody wants to watch a new series during the Christmas break.

Comment by alistaircrane – November 8, 2013 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m sure a lot of people would love to have something new to watch during the winter holiday break. Nothing but boring holiday specials & repeats get old really fast but I think maybe you meant the OUAT summer hiatus :-) That was the original plan, not sure why they changed it.

Comment by wrstlgirl – November 8, 2013 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • No it OUAT winter hiatus from early Dec to early March OUATIW was originally supposed to air but they hanged it

Comment by Brandy – November 8, 2013 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Okay, I must have heard that wrong but either way I don’t think it would matter. It’s very bland so I don’t know if it would have attracted more viewers or not.

Comment by wrstlgirl – November 8, 2013 02:14 PM PDT
    • I know it was originally planned as a 13-episode bridge during OUAT’s break, but isn’t it still technically a limited series thing? Would they cancel it or just let it run the full finite run?

Comment by Erin – November 8, 2013 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If they don’t pull the plug on it today, it’s probably only because they don’t have a replacement ready.

Comment by Larc – November 8, 2013 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I believe they set it up to be a 12-episode arc with the possibility of more, so there’s hope they’ll burn off the 12 to finish the stories, especially as they are interconnected to the main show. Maybe some of the elements that work (the Knave, for example) could be moved into the main series.

Comment by Abby – November 8, 2013 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No. The special effects are laughably bad, that’s what turned me off from the get go.

Comment by Terry – November 8, 2013 05:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope they don’t pull it. It’s designed as a one season only thing. I wish they had let it be at 13 episodes instead of making it 22. Now that they made it 22, I hope they see it through. I would like to see the whole thing.

Comment by BenM – November 9, 2013 02:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I barely made it through the Wonderland pilot, and was done partway through the second episode. Which was surprising and disappointing – I enjoyed the promo so much I watched it at least a handful of times. The pilot already was a big step down from that. The queen of hearts was a joke (how about someone that has more talent than cleavage?), the writing was meh, the list goes on.

Comment by Tee – November 9, 2013 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Somewhere in the world today, Simon Cowell put down his Blake Shelton voodoo doll and picked up his Julie Plec voodoo doll. Bet he never thought he’d use that thing.

Comment by I Heart Damon Salvatore – November 8, 2013 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fox is worst then ABC. Both shows where incredibly terrible at least ABC had Grey’s and Scandal to fall back on

Comment by ggny – November 8, 2013 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • lmao at those glee ratings, not even Katy Perry tweeting to her 46million twitter followers about the episode could save them.

Comment by candy – November 8, 2013 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So Vampire Diaries beat Wonderland AND tied X Factor. That’s great because VD is delivering a great season so far.

Comment by JC – November 8, 2013 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sad to hear about Reign… I was really hoping it’d increase this week :/ It’s such an amaaaazing show. I just wish people who don’t watch it yet would give it a chance, because they’d become instantly addicted to it.
    The amount of fans online & internationally is increasing A LOT everyday though, so I think that’s good news!
    I hope The CW will still give it a full season (pleeease!)

Comment by Rita – November 8, 2013 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What sad about Reign? Not losing viewers and being steady a month in is great for the CW. Those ratings are great considering what it is up against and the show CW has renewed before like Beauty and the Beast

Comment by ggny – November 8, 2013 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • TVD and Reign are must see TV on Thursday nights. They are such great shows that I watch live!

Comment by Ava – November 8, 2013 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree, I’m really hooked on Reign. Hope it gets a full season.

Comment by Mel – November 8, 2013 08:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parenthood did not air on Fios in DC last night. All I got was a Redskins game I was not interested in.

Comment by Carm – November 8, 2013 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Last nights episode of Grey’s was one of the most boring in a while.

Comment by Ben – November 8, 2013 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TBBT was so funny last night. I enjoyed it so much.

Comment by Betty – November 8, 2013 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why was there no Vampire Diaries recap? Did someone forget? It has been awesome lately.

Comment by Karina – November 8, 2013 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cancel X Factor NOW, move BONES to Thursday or even Wednesday (but likely Thursday) and FOX would do better. A massive fall wasn’t unexpected from Glee, but having such a poorly rated lead in isn’t helping Glee. Glee’s DVR ratings are very decent. So people are still watching, just taping. BONES does not deserve Fridays.

Comment by Stacet – November 8, 2013 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Paul Wesley is amazing this season on TVD. Glad to see ratings reflect that.

Comment by TVNerd95 (@TVNerd95) – November 8, 2013 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All is right in the world regarding those ratings with the exception of Reign. It’s surprisingly quite a fantastic show. I hope it does as well as it deserves to.

Comment by Ian – November 8, 2013 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tvbythenumbers says that .6 isnt the right demo for Reign it’s a .7
    So which one is true??????
    Either way Reign is still doing good, better then TTP because it’s keeping steady for a month now while TTP keep dropping.

Comment by Fernando – November 8, 2013 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Question about Vampire Diaries: What happened to Katharine? Didn’t Damon kill her last week so he could give her blood with the cure to Silas? How did she survive that? Or is it that she survived and is now aging as a result?

Comment by Olivia – November 8, 2013 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Damon force feed her blood to Silas but somehow she survived.Maybe Silas didn’t drink all of it?Anyway, the last scene was Katherine falling to floor unconscious but Elena & Damon heard her heart beat and Elena said”You gotta be kidding me”.

Comment by Brandy – November 8, 2013 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Got it–thanks!

Comment by Olivia – November 8, 2013 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Football was on in the DC metro area on NBC.

Comment by KSM – November 8, 2013 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is Matt on vacation or something???

Comment by brycealexander – November 8, 2013 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think all the buzz surrounding Ian Somerhalder and that 50 Shades movie might have earned TVD some new fans. That’s what happened in my house. I have zero interest in that film, but after seeing his picture all over the Net, my mom and I decided to check out the show and got hooked. I went back and bought the first 4 seasons on DVD, then picked it up live. I don’t care for Stefan because he’s too tortured for me, but I am loving Paul Wesley as Silas. I’ve been recommending it to my friends as well and I know at least some of them are checking it out.

Comment by MissMel – November 8, 2013 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am loving TVD this season and I’m glad the ratings are good. Season 3 and 4 were kind of lame, but the show has recaptured what made it so good in Seasons 1 and 2.

Comment by alistaircrane – November 8, 2013 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “rookie period soap” is a weird series of words.

Comment by hmm – November 8, 2013 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • poor once upon a time in wonderland. when it’s cancelled hope heart of knave makes it to storybrooke. only character worth watching on that show is him

Comment by sarah – November 8, 2013 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome new THE VAMPIRE DIARIES! So happy for The CW to finally get some real recognition!

Comment by Jared – November 8, 2013 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved the episode of the Vampire Diaries, so happy it did well. I am also happy that Parenthood did well. Looks like Grey’s and Crazy Ones were up too!

Comment by sarah – November 8, 2013 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I tried to watch “Once:Wonderland” but the actress that plays the queen…. I tried to put negative thoughts out of my brain, but that whole “duck pout”/”pillow lips” for the sake of trying to look overly sexy… It drove me away. Thursdays are super busy for me so I try to catch up on the weekends- and I just can’t find time to watch that show. I feel bad. I like the guy that plays the Knave. Can we have him on “Once”? Him and Hatter?

Comment by Kim – November 8, 2013 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Saw somewhere that Glee had 4 million viewers. 1.4 demo seems high if that is right. It is sooooo nice that XFactor is helping Glee like Fox said it would:(

Comment by Boiler – November 8, 2013 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The first twenty minutes of OUAT Wonderland, set in the real world, is fantastic. Then once they get to Wonderland, the acting becomes as flat and cardboard as the sets. It’s a real shame they couldn’t take a cue from the original OUAT and use realistic sets with a twist, rather than cardboard cutouts and second-grade-play style acting. If they wanted to save it, they would need to lose the absurd Red Queen, go for realistic sets, and hire a director who would direct the cast toward emotional realism. And it wouldn’t hurt to move the time so that it is not opposite THe Vampire Diaries — those two shows are both going to draw the fantasy/scifi audience, and it looks like TVD is winning that particular showdown.

Comment by Maryann – November 8, 2013 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABC should pull Wonderland, and air the remaining episodes in the Sunday time slot when OUAT goes on Hiatus (so like the original plan). Move SHIELD to Thursday night. Nothing is going to beat Big Bang, but you’ve got a better shot of drawing the crowd away since BBT is only a half hour show as opposed to the full hour show of NCIS. I knew as soon as they announced that lineup in the spring that it was going to fail horribly. I really like the girl who plays Alice and the guy who plays Knave/Will Scarlet so hopefully they can jump over to the original once this fiasco is over with.

Comment by RobMF – November 9, 2013 03:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post