Ratings: Good Wife Eyes Highs, ABC Dramas Rise

Get More: News, Ratings

Ratings Good Wife Season HighsCBS’ The Good Wife this Sunday put up especially good numbers, rising 4 percent in total audience to a season-high 9.8 million viewers and rising two tenths to match this season’s best demo rating, 1.6, per fast nationals.

And this was airing an hour later in many markets (due to football overrun), and with the World Series now out of the mix.

Leading into Good Wife, The Amazing Race did 9.4 mil/2.0, up 16 percent and two tenths. The Mentalist swapped in a repeat due to the late start time, thus pushing back all coming episodes by a week.

RELATED | Once Upon a Time Recap: Chamber of Secrets

Over on ABC, Once Upon a Time (7.5 mil/2.3) and Betrayal (3.5 mil/1.0) each added a handful of viewers and a tenth in the demo, while Revenge rose 11 and 21 percent to 6.3 mil/1.7.

RELATED | Revenge Recap: Back to the Future

Fox’s The Simpsons returned to 5.5 mil/2.5 (down 17 percent in the demo), Bob’s Burgers (3.8 mil/1.8) ticked down a tenth, Family Guy (4.9 mil/2.5) was flat and American Dad (3.7 mil/1.9) dipped two tenths.

NBC’s Sunday Night Football, per prelim data (15.4 mil/5.7), was up a smidgen week-to-week.

Comments (30)

• Revenge is awesome again. The good wife is so stressful to watch, it’s like going to a family dinner.

Comment by Jake – November 4, 2013 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • guess all the (well-deserved) hype from last weeks amazing episode had a few more people coming back. Hope this trend continues. Would love another season of The Good Wife.

Comment by Ames – November 4, 2013 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was lucky enough to catch the beginning just in time and watched it as it aired. Not as great as last weeks episode but still better than it’s been. What is going on in Grace’s mind?

Comment by Lorraine Wrede (@JennJasMom) – November 4, 2013 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • One of the things I love most about this show is they don’t usually spell out stuff like that. They let the viewers decide. I’m glad the ratings bumped back up. If this season, it’s absolute best so far, is its last, I’ll be extremely pissed.

Comment by Zayne – November 4, 2013 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YESSS!!!! So glad REVENGE rose. Last nights episode was FANTASTIC!! I hope this is the start of an upward trend!

Comment by iMember – November 4, 2013 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ^^^ I second this. Revenge is fabulous this season!

Comment by Ava – November 4, 2013 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad to see OUAT and Revenge go up this week! I think both shows have been pretty amazing so far this year. =)

Comment by HeatherC – November 4, 2013 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • 100% agree. Loving OUAT sooo much this season. Bringing a smaller group to Neverland has created some fun interactions. And Revenge is much better this season – I am happy to see that Emily’s team is all on the same page. Loving this block on Sunday night!

Comment by RUCookie – November 4, 2013 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Because of the football overrun isn’t CBS more likely to adjust down? I’m pretty sure that’s the case so people shouldn’t get excited too early.

Comment by d4h8a15r16m23a42 – November 4, 2013 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Way to go OUAT!!! Amazing episode last night!!! Season 1 caliber!!!

Comment by Eric7740 – November 4, 2013 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bummed about the mentalist not airing. This season has been so good

Comment by enri – November 4, 2013 09:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Im pretty sure it aired in Canada

Comment by liz – November 4, 2013 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes it did air here (Canada). Good episode. Cliff hanger ending. “nuff said. :D

Comment by Kim R – November 4, 2013 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • it did aired just not in the states. I saw it online already because I couldn’t wait until sunday. look it up if you don’t want to wait.

Comment by luis – November 4, 2013 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I usually have to decide between watching the Good Wife and Revenge, but thanks to the late airing, I got to enjoy Once, Revenge, and the Good Wife all in a row. Best night for TV!

Comment by Amanda – November 4, 2013 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t say that I happy about the animosity between Alicia, Will, and Diane but it’s certainly making for some interesting and frenetic television. It was nice to see Mamie Gummer again, her character is always a lot of fun when she’s going up against Alicia.

Comment by Jimmy – November 4, 2013 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome news for Once and Revenge! I cannot wait to see how the rest of the Neverland storyline plays out, and Revenge was awesome as always!

Comment by Matt – November 4, 2013 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GO REVENGE!

Comment by MIka – November 4, 2013 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was very annoyed with CBS about the Mentalist swap. I stayed up quite late waiting for it only to have no new episode. (Okay, fine, not really. I was procrastinating on my thesis.) I wish that they had announced that they were going to do it before hand so that fans wouldn’t have been expecting it. Especially with how they left things.

Comment by writingmyownway – November 4, 2013 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That being said, I completely agree that OUAT and Revenge were fantastic. I can’t wait until next week. #bellesback

Comment by writingmyownway – November 4, 2013 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TGW is such a pleasure to watch. I love the new dynamics between Florrick-Agos and Lockhart-Gardner.

Comment by Ms Thing – November 4, 2013 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good news for Betrayal. Happy for Revenge.

Comment by Roger – November 4, 2013 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • IMO, The Good Wife will always suffer in the ratings as long as CBS insists on letting sports determine what time it airs. It’s so frustrating!!! Only the super word-of-mouth over last week’s show gave it a boost this week.

Comment by gonzosgirrl (@gonzosgirrl) – November 4, 2013 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am glad for TGW but many Mentalist fans were waiting fir their “Hitting the Fan” like episode. Some of the ratings could be inflated I know several people watch TGW waiting for a new TM. What were the TM repeat ratings?

Comment by J – November 4, 2013 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Given it was (for all intents and purposes) post-primetime I doubt any ratings would even include it; the one list I saw didn’t.

CBS has to be held over the fire on this. The four-hour primetime just is not feasible anymore during football season, and possibly not during college basketball season either, esp. once you get to the end of the major conferences’ schedule and the NCAAs.

Their thinking obviously has been that they won’t be made to look like (vulgar plural anatomical reference voluntarily withdrawn by Frable) for following Fox’s lead and filling to the top of the next hour with football talk, never mind that the talking actually is happening somewhere on the Net, if I’m not mistaken…

Comment by R.D. Frable ♞ – November 5, 2013 07:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woo,I saw The Mentalist online.It was a good one.Revenge was really great last night too,Emily was on fire!

Comment by Shaun – November 4, 2013 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was kind of disappointed in this latest episode for TGW. After ‘Hitting The Fan”, CBS needed to keep building on that and keep the pace frenetic. I’m not so sure I like the whole “Alicia” steals a client in one episode then she loses in the next. Hopefully, this won’t be an ‘every episode” type of thing and I think they need to keep the animosity between Will/Dianne and Alicia/Carey. Otherwise, it’ll come off looking like a cheap ratings gimmick. I definitely wont want to see Will and Alicia hooking back up.

But, I think Lockhart/Gardner is setting themselves up to be acquired by Florick/Agos by the time the season ends. Now that Hayden Clarke is coming in to help Florick/Agos, that’s going to be a wonderful team in going up against Lockhart/Gardner.

Comment by kenara – November 4, 2013 06:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where I’am, Minnesota, I didn’t be a rerun of The Mentalist. It was a brand new episode.

Comment by Phillip – November 4, 2013 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Simpsons was supposed to air the Bart the Lover episode in the 6:30/7:30 time slot, which I was really looking forward to seeing after hearing of Marcia Wallace’s death, but instead they aired the episode where Krabappel starts dating Flanders. It’s not nearly as funny and as sweet an episode as Bart the Lover. What the heck happened there? Why the change up? My cable guide claimed it was Bart the Lover that I was watching. But I did like the short tribute they did for Marcia during the new episode. Our chalkboard gag was “We’ll really miss you, Mrs. K”, and the ending credits featured a short “Hah!” clip of Mrs. Krabappel with the dedication. It made me weepy. I’m still so bummed out over her death. I don’t know why, it’s not like I knew her.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – November 4, 2013 09:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post