Grimm Preview: The Incident That Emotionally 'Destroys' Nick – Plus: Adalind, Meet Entrails?!

Get More: Previews

Grimm Season 3 Spoilers David GiuntoliFor a while, we’ve been hearing about the horrible, terrible, no good, very bad thing Grimm‘s Nick does while under Baron Samedi’s zombie spell.

That long-heralded incident finally takes place in the second half of the season premiere – which airs Friday at 9/8c on NBC – and it’s a doozy.

Star David Giuntoli previews to TVLine thatthe unfortunate event causes our hero “tremendous conflict and guilt” and “destroys Nick, mentally and emotionally.”

RELATED | Scoop: Angel‘s Alexis Denisof Joins Grimm

He adds: “Nick is a person who wants justice and wants to do things right,” and he has trouble reconciling his friends’ reactions to what he’s done.

“I don’t understand how people can just go on with their day after what happened,” he says.

Also unsettling is the fact that Captain Renard – who seems like Nick’s ally, at least at the moment – “has something over him, if need be,” Giuntoli adds. “It’s a card that can be played at any time.”

PHOTOS | Exclusive Grimm Behind-the-Scenes Shots of Adalind’s ‘Gnarly’ Task

Grimm Season 3 Preview David GiuntoliMeanwhile, in Stefania’s Parlor of Truly Disgusting Tasks, Adalind is far from done with Frau Pech’s corpse.

“She gets her hands, her shirt and her soul even dirtier, if that’s possible,” says portrayer Claire Coffee, who at one point must stuff the much-abused frau with dead flowers and then stitch her up like a football. “Basically, it’s like playing a really grotesque game of Operation.”

Keep watch at the end of the episode for a sign that Ade’s labors haven’t been in vain. “If drinking alcohol is going to affect your baby, then I would think smearing the entrails of an old hag [on yourself] has got to have some effect,” Coffee muses.

Comments (21)

• Maybe he kills his mother?

Comment by CBWBDK1 – October 31, 2013 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My first thought is that he kills the family in the home he’s broken into…..the two kids, mother, and father.

Comment by Alichat – October 31, 2013 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I had the same thought.

Comment by Shannon – November 1, 2013 07:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The husband says, “What are they doing? Ruining a good show? Let him go back to being a detective and forget the zombie stuff.” I’ll work on the computer during that episode, one eye on and one eye off the show.

Comment by prish – October 31, 2013 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Um, no, they’re not ruining a good show. They’re having a short arc that actually does something different for once and then returning to the formula after this two-parter’s over. How dare they not just crank out the same episode every week!

Comment by Rob – November 1, 2013 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, Nick was heading straight for a house with a family coming home, so….

Comment by Carla Krae – October 31, 2013 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We were so disappointed in the premiere show!! PLEASE go back to the one hour detective/Grimm stuff – and save the gory, bloody, zombie stuff for another show!

Comment by zenstella – October 31, 2013 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What part of a 2-part season premiere don’t you understand? And it’s a fantasy show so it has every right to take liberties to stray from the tried and tested formula of episodic stories from time to time. We’ve already seen that last season when Nick’s mom had an arc that lasted about 3 episodes including the Season 1 finale.

Season premiere and finale episodes are what makes people look forward to to get into the show every year.

Comment by James – October 31, 2013 06:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Really? We had 2 straight seasons of ‘one hour detective/Grimm stuff’ so far. Plus it’s not like the show is throwing vampires at us (enough of that already for a few millenia). I, for one, really enjoyed the premiere.

Comment by Rich Abey – November 1, 2013 04:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sometimes I think a show just can’t win. If it stays the same every week people say it gets boring and predictable. They change it up a little bit and people still get mad. It will be back to “normal” after these 2 episodes. This will give Nick a little more to work with and I think that’s a good thing. You can’t have Nick never go through anything tough. His character has to have some challenges.

Comment by Francine – October 31, 2013 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank You. I swear it seems some people complain just to complain. Personally, I’m excited to see what Nick’s journey is this season.

Comment by El – October 31, 2013 08:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking forward to Alexis Denisof joining the show.

Comment by IMHO – October 31, 2013 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Perfect point mate! Alexis Denisof is coming to Grimm!

Comment by Rich Abey – November 1, 2013 04:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The premiere didn’t grab me. Way too much Adalind. Of course I’m in it for the long haul but I hope I don’t end up dropping it because of her.

Comment by tp – October 31, 2013 08:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with you tp, can’t stand Adalind’s story! So far I’m sticking with it, but I can only take so much of her before I want to give up on it completely!

Comment by Rain – November 1, 2013 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t get why people hated the premiere. For me, it was GREAT because it’s UNIQUE from the other premieres. Not to mention the action sequences that seem to be REAL and Adalind’s trial (which was creatively made) to resurrect her Hexenbiest side. I really admired the show’s CGI, production design and props. It was even better than the ones they used in OUAT. Lol.

Comment by MisterGrimmster – November 1, 2013 06:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Enjoyed the premiere. Not a fan of Adalind, wish she was gone for good. Like to know more about the conflict between Renard and his brother. Think the additional power Nick gained by being ‘zombiefied’ will make him a stronger Grimm. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

Comment by Matuse – November 1, 2013 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, from a preview I’ve seen, it seems like the father doesn’t back down after Hank and Monroe come in and let them deal with Nick, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets caught in the cross fire (like something happens that when Nick is our normal good guy again he and his gang have trouble dealing with it, but when you look objectively, it ultimately was an accident or Renard recruits the guy for his own purposes)

Comment by Kate – November 1, 2013 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 4ϡΈˤȡnyIȐ{ԤäձnλěȤgvSȤrκˆ}Ȉ󤸡ձnҪͬ˹ǤIgξoˆ}ΉӲ_gԤQ롣Ȑ{ϡϤxkФ뤳Ȥܷ񤷡hΤձΰϟoζˤʤꡢձΚsʷФǤΥ󥿥ӥ`ZäձˡؤοD}ڶβŰОHnϤdzŭäƤȈ椷ޤձxaΆ}ϡIgξo򐙻ǤʤձngI}Ϥʤä “ձϤޤߥåȤм뤿˱ҪʤΤǤ顢sʷĤʆ}ƤϤϤɤǤ礦”Ȑ{ϡ2ĤΆ}IƤʤ٤ŮϤˡˤ餬Ԥʤʤxϡ^ȥΐδ_JҪޤ”٤饤??ҪǤ뤬Τ “ˤȡ^ȥ¤gˡ׹ͬ˹ձnζgvS٤Mչ褦Ȥޤn6fhΥЩ`Ǥ뤿ᡢһǡˆ}Qˤ2ĤιgξoϤޤ}ӰȤƤ롣ǰϡե󥹤„ “롤ե”Υ󥿥ӥ`ˤձ˷yƤȤΥ󥿥ӥ`ǡȐ{ϡޤձOTĦΚsʷФǥ쥬`ȡMࡢɥĤѧ֤٤Ǥ٤114դձBϤ{ˤgʩoޤι÷ǹʽPߤܤ뤿ˡĤձIsgO뤿ʼޤǹʽPߤ뤳ȤǤä뤿ˤͬ΄PߤR귵ϸs򾆽Yϡձϡ20134¤ʼޤꡢɤ˽¤@A־֤äƤϤϡҪȤʤȥ󥿩`ץ饤θsIϡˤ餬ĤޤǤPAä뤳ȤxոƤޤˤʤäơĤձIǹʽ΄Pߤòܤ뤿ˡsgO뤿ʼޤձͅfᣨNHKΥƥӥ˥`ˤȡ1000һrĤʄPߤչͤPߤ΄PߤΤ20139¤¼{ˤΤ¤ʥƥʹáPMձBˤϷǹʽͥåȥ`󥱩`ȤФä{˽Yϡشߤ11.9뤳Ȥʾ”ޤǤϡIϡsgޤOʤI¤sgޤOޤ”

Comment by Anonymous – November 4, 2013 12:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Grimm, I like that Nick now knows about his boss. I can not stand Adaline, I hope they let us know more about the royal family.
    sweetpea