Ratings: Goldbergs, Trophy Wife Hold Up Despite S.H.I.E.L.D. Repeat; POI Hits Low Versus Voice

Ratings Trophy Wife ABCABC’s Tuesday sitcoms held up well this week, even without a fresh S.H.I.E.L.D. opening the night.

Leading out of an encore of the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot — which drew 4.3 million total viewers and a 1.2 rating (aka about half of the freshman drama’s week-ago numbers) — The Goldbergs did 5.4 mil and a 1.7, adding a few eyeballs and steady in the demo.

RELATED | ABC’s The Goldbergs and Trophy Wife Get Order For Additional Scripts

Trophy Wife then upped the ante by gaining viewers (with 4.3 mil) and rising two tenths in the demo (1.4).

Perhaps Fox’s own comedy options riding the pine helped ABC have the last laugh…?

Over on CBS, NCIS matched last week’s 19 mil/3.0, while NCIS: LA (14.8 mil/2.6) ticked up a tenth in the demo. Person of Interest (11.9 mil/1.8), however, dropped 10 and 18 percent and hit a series low in the demo, this week facing off against a second hour of The Voice.

RELATED | Michael Slezak’s The Voice Recap: Stealing Home

The Biggest Loser opened NBC’s night with 6 mil and a 1.8, down 10 percent in the demo. The Voice averaged 11.4 mil and a 3.5, dropping 15 percent week-to-week and down from the previous cycle’s “Knockout Round” (11.8 mil/3.9).

RELATED | The Originals Recaplet: History Lesson

The CW’s The Originals (2 mil/0.9) and Supernatural (2.2 mil/1.1) each lost a handful of eyeballs but were steady in the demo.

Fox’s special X Factor outing drew 4.8 mil and a 1.5.

RELATED | The X Factor Recap: Restless Road Syndrome

1. Babybop says:

Happy for Trophy Wife! Too bad about Biggest Loser, but to be honest, I miss it being 2 hours.

2. Jessica says:

I’m not sure shield watchers are the same people who’d go for goldbergs/trophy wife anyway. Personally I don’t watch shield, but normally watch new girl/mindy on fox and DVR goldbergs/trophy wife. With fox not having those shows on last night I watched goldbergs/trophy wife live. Not sue it anyone else is like me, but that was my logic! Lol.

• Maria says:

DVR’ed Goldbergs for the first time last night, and hubby and I are going to watch tonight. And, no, we’re not SHIELD watchers.

• DreamRose311 says:

I’m one of the ones that does like all three

• rowan77 says:

I do, too, Sort of. I DVR The Goldbergs and Trophy Wife but I watch Supernatural – which is doing well this season, ratings-wise. So much for all of the Castiel haters and those who whine that they won’t watch the show anymore because it’s all about Sam or conversely, all about Dean depending on who you like more, or that because the writers refuse to change the sexual identity of Dean to gay or bi so he can have a sexual/romantic relationship with Cas (who may well be omnisexual if he’s not tied to dead Jimmy’s heterosexuality). I think we are finding out that they are not as legion as they thought.

• Kim R says:

I PVR SHIELD and Goldberg’s but not so interested in Trophy Wife. I love The Goldberg’s. The little touches like the plastic Halloween masks. I could almost smell them. And the mom wanting to put something reflective on Adam. Talk about a walk down memory lane.

3. Elyse says:

I’m happy the originals is doing well… you know… for CW standards :p

4. Alice Mary H says:

You should take into account that I live in KS and CBS had Kansas State Basketball on so I missed NCIS and watched POI late! I don’t care for any of the sitcoms on Tuesdays, and I watch Supernatural at 8pm. No ratings comments on that. Shield would have been watched if it hadn’t been a rerun.

5. David says:

I am not surprised that ratings are dropping for The Voice. The judges keep sending home the better singers and the show is left with a comparatively weak group as compared to other seasons. Last night was my last night of watching it for this season. And three or four hours a week is way too much time to devote to any show. Plus, I think most viewers did like Usher and Shakira more than Cee_Lo and Christina.

• Francine says:

I totally disagree. The Voice’s ratings always drop some as the season goes on. That’s nothing new. Its pretty much the same as every other season. I agree with most of the judges choices and think this seasons contestants are as strong as ever, not weaker at all. Not to mention that most of the comments I’ve seen are very happy with Christina this year. Usher and Shakira were just fine too but they’re not losing anything by having Ceelo and Christina back. The only thing I will give you is that it is a little time consuming when its on so much.

6. CJ says:

I’ve been surprised at how much I like The Goldbergs and Trophy Wife, but I’m happy to see their ratings leveling off a bit. They are both very sweet shows, but I don’t think they are a good fit with Agents of SHIELD. I do think it helped not having competition from New Girl and The Mindy Project last night. Hoping a few new people discovered the shows as a result.

7. Jenny says:

X factor live show 4.8 million? That’s just sad.

8. dude says:

Happy for the Originals! The world needs to know the awesomeness that is Claire Holt.

• lll says:

I adore Claire Holt, Daniel Gilles, Joseph Morgan and Charles Michael Davis. Phoebe Tonkin sticks out like a sore thumb and don’t match, but she’s not too bad. The show is miles better than the Vampire Diaries.

9. Jen says:

I really enjoy Trophy Wife and The Goldbergs. I really hope they can eventually get renewed. They both have a lot of promise.

10. Alyssa says:

I was hoping NCIS would go up the week because of Borin, but I’ll take no change.

11. Dee says:

The Originals and Supernatural were awesome last night!!

Dorothy was a total bad-ass!!!

12. Tahonia says:

Why did S.H.I.E.L.D. do a rerun? It’s too early.

13. mspenn1013 says:

POI is kickin azz and taking names this season. Love the additions. Sad the numbers are dropping. Hopefully the DVR numbers will help(dvr watcher here!)

• lll says:

As long as the new additions team up and have their own segment away from the core four, I’m fine with it. Shaw and Root (and I am a confessed Shaw hater) work well together and last night proves it. They are becoming the female version of Reese and Finch.

• Holly says:

I like Root and Shaw, but I miss Fusco. He hasn’t had nearly enough to do this season so far. I hope that won’t be a season-long trend.

14. Jamie7409 says:

Lexington Kentucky CBS was preempted for University of Kentucky basketball.

15. ollie says:

That sucks for poi. They should have kept it on thursday.

16. Fernando says:

ABC needs to do the right thing and move Goldbergs and Trophy Wife to wed. Even if they have to make a third hour for them. But I want them both saved. Def. are good fits for middle and modern family, I think back in the game can go with last man standing, super fun nights can just be cancel

17. cj says:

POI was AWESOME last night. It’s just tough to sit through 2 NCIS’ and then POI – since they are all tonally the same. It’s a lot of TV for one night so I cut out NCIS: original.

18. stevie says:

too bad people don’t get that person of interest is the BEST show on tv these days.

19. tp says:

The good news is that Charlie is gone from Supernatural for a while. This makes me happy.

20. Irishelf says:

I think the ratings are rigged! I can’t see how NCIS is so high, when the actual reviews are not. Plus, the show sucks without Cote!