Ratings: Goldbergs, Trophy Wife Hold Up Despite S.H.I.E.L.D. Repeat; POI Hits Low Versus Voice

Get More: News, Ratings

Ratings Trophy Wife ABCABC’s Tuesday sitcoms held up well this week, even without a fresh S.H.I.E.L.D. opening the night.

Leading out of an encore of the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot — which drew 4.3 million total viewers and a 1.2 rating (aka about half of the freshman drama’s week-ago numbers) — The Goldbergs did 5.4 mil and a 1.7, adding a few eyeballs and steady in the demo.

RELATED | ABC’s The Goldbergs and Trophy Wife Get Order For Additional Scripts

Trophy Wife then upped the ante by gaining viewers (with 4.3 mil) and rising two tenths in the demo (1.4).

Perhaps Fox’s own comedy options riding the pine helped ABC have the last laugh…?

Over on CBS, NCIS matched last week’s 19 mil/3.0, while NCIS: LA (14.8 mil/2.6) ticked up a tenth in the demo. Person of Interest (11.9 mil/1.8), however, dropped 10 and 18 percent and hit a series low in the demo, this week facing off against a second hour of The Voice.

RELATED | Michael Slezak’s The Voice Recap: Stealing Home

The Biggest Loser opened NBC’s night with 6 mil and a 1.8, down 10 percent in the demo. The Voice averaged 11.4 mil and a 3.5, dropping 15 percent week-to-week and down from the previous cycle’s “Knockout Round” (11.8 mil/3.9).

RELATED | The Originals Recaplet: History Lesson

The CW’s The Originals (2 mil/0.9) and Supernatural (2.2 mil/1.1) each lost a handful of eyeballs but were steady in the demo.

Fox’s special X Factor outing drew 4.8 mil and a 1.5.

RELATED | The X Factor Recap: Restless Road Syndrome

Comments (29)

• Happy for Trophy Wife! Too bad about Biggest Loser, but to be honest, I miss it being 2 hours.

Comment by Babybop – October 30, 2013 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not sure shield watchers are the same people who’d go for goldbergs/trophy wife anyway. Personally I don’t watch shield, but normally watch new girl/mindy on fox and DVR goldbergs/trophy wife. With fox not having those shows on last night I watched goldbergs/trophy wife live. Not sue it anyone else is like me, but that was my logic! Lol.

Comment by Jessica – October 30, 2013 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • DVR’ed Goldbergs for the first time last night, and hubby and I are going to watch tonight. And, no, we’re not SHIELD watchers.

Comment by Maria – October 30, 2013 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m one of the ones that does like all three

Comment by DreamRose311 – October 30, 2013 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I do, too, Sort of. I DVR The Goldbergs and Trophy Wife but I watch Supernatural – which is doing well this season, ratings-wise. So much for all of the Castiel haters and those who whine that they won’t watch the show anymore because it’s all about Sam or conversely, all about Dean depending on who you like more, or that because the writers refuse to change the sexual identity of Dean to gay or bi so he can have a sexual/romantic relationship with Cas (who may well be omnisexual if he’s not tied to dead Jimmy’s heterosexuality). I think we are finding out that they are not as legion as they thought.

Comment by rowan77 – October 30, 2013 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I PVR SHIELD and Goldberg’s but not so interested in Trophy Wife. I love The Goldberg’s. The little touches like the plastic Halloween masks. I could almost smell them. And the mom wanting to put something reflective on Adam. Talk about a walk down memory lane.

Comment by Kim R – October 30, 2013 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m happy the originals is doing well… you know… for CW standards :p

Comment by Elyse – October 30, 2013 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You should take into account that I live in KS and CBS had Kansas State Basketball on so I missed NCIS and watched POI late! I don’t care for any of the sitcoms on Tuesdays, and I watch Supernatural at 8pm. No ratings comments on that. Shield would have been watched if it hadn’t been a rerun.

Comment by Alice Mary H – October 30, 2013 09:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am not surprised that ratings are dropping for The Voice. The judges keep sending home the better singers and the show is left with a comparatively weak group as compared to other seasons. Last night was my last night of watching it for this season. And three or four hours a week is way too much time to devote to any show. Plus, I think most viewers did like Usher and Shakira more than Cee_Lo and Christina.

Comment by David – October 30, 2013 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally disagree. The Voice’s ratings always drop some as the season goes on. That’s nothing new. Its pretty much the same as every other season. I agree with most of the judges choices and think this seasons contestants are as strong as ever, not weaker at all. Not to mention that most of the comments I’ve seen are very happy with Christina this year. Usher and Shakira were just fine too but they’re not losing anything by having Ceelo and Christina back. The only thing I will give you is that it is a little time consuming when its on so much.

Comment by Francine – October 30, 2013 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve been surprised at how much I like The Goldbergs and Trophy Wife, but I’m happy to see their ratings leveling off a bit. They are both very sweet shows, but I don’t think they are a good fit with Agents of SHIELD. I do think it helped not having competition from New Girl and The Mindy Project last night. Hoping a few new people discovered the shows as a result.

Comment by CJ – October 30, 2013 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • X factor live show 4.8 million? That’s just sad.

Comment by Jenny – October 30, 2013 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy for the Originals! The world needs to know the awesomeness that is Claire Holt.

Comment by dude – October 30, 2013 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I adore Claire Holt, Daniel Gilles, Joseph Morgan and Charles Michael Davis. Phoebe Tonkin sticks out like a sore thumb and don’t match, but she’s not too bad. The show is miles better than the Vampire Diaries.

Comment by lll – October 30, 2013 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really enjoy Trophy Wife and The Goldbergs. I really hope they can eventually get renewed. They both have a lot of promise.

Comment by Jen – October 30, 2013 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was hoping NCIS would go up the week because of Borin, but I’ll take no change.

Comment by Alyssa – October 30, 2013 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Originals and Supernatural were awesome last night!!

Dorothy was a total bad-ass!!!

Comment by Dee – October 30, 2013 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why did S.H.I.E.L.D. do a rerun? It’s too early.

Comment by Tahonia – October 30, 2013 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • POI is kickin azz and taking names this season. Love the additions. Sad the numbers are dropping. Hopefully the DVR numbers will help(dvr watcher here!)

Comment by mspenn1013 – October 30, 2013 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As long as the new additions team up and have their own segment away from the core four, I’m fine with it. Shaw and Root (and I am a confessed Shaw hater) work well together and last night proves it. They are becoming the female version of Reese and Finch.

Comment by lll – October 30, 2013 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t care for NCIS LA so I skip it. I love NCIS and POI, I think POI is great and should be on Thursdays, the change up isn’t the greatest.

Comment by Alice Mary H – October 30, 2013 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like Root and Shaw, but I miss Fusco. He hasn’t had nearly enough to do this season so far. I hope that won’t be a season-long trend.

Comment by Holly – October 30, 2013 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lexington Kentucky CBS was preempted for University of Kentucky basketball.

Comment by Jamie7409 – October 30, 2013 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That sucks for poi. They should have kept it on thursday.

Comment by ollie – October 30, 2013 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABC needs to do the right thing and move Goldbergs and Trophy Wife to wed. Even if they have to make a third hour for them. But I want them both saved. Def. are good fits for middle and modern family, I think back in the game can go with last man standing, super fun nights can just be cancel

Comment by Fernando – October 30, 2013 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • POI was AWESOME last night. It’s just tough to sit through 2 NCIS’ and then POI – since they are all tonally the same. It’s a lot of TV for one night so I cut out NCIS: original.

Comment by cj – October 30, 2013 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • too bad people don’t get that person of interest is the BEST show on tv these days.

Comment by stevie – October 30, 2013 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The good news is that Charlie is gone from Supernatural for a while. This makes me happy.

Comment by tp – October 30, 2013 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the ratings are rigged! I can’t see how NCIS is so high, when the actual reviews are not. Plus, the show sucks without Cote!

Comment by Irishelf – October 31, 2013 06:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post