Exclusive: Glee Mulling Full-Time Shift to 'NYC'

Get More: Exclusive

Glee Moving NYCGlee may soon be taking a bigger bite out of the Big Apple.

Fox’s groundbreaking musical — which for the past year-plus has been splitting its focus between New York and Lima, Ohio — may shift the action entirely to the City That Never Sleeps as early as this season, sources confirm to TVLine exclusively.

RELATED | Glee Series Finale Speculation — What’s Your Final Wish For Rachel, Kurt and Santana?

It’s one of several ideas Fox is discussing with Glee creators Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk and Ian Brennan, who have been forced to reexamine all aspects of the show in the wake of Cory Monteith’s tragic death in July.

In an interview earlier this month, Murphy acknowledged that navigating the post-Finn era has been “f—ing hard,” adding, “It’s hard every day. It’s hard in the writers room, it’s hard on the set.”

Murphy also hinted that he had “a good idea” that would carry the show through to its sixth and likely final season next year. “I’m going to tell the studio and the network how after Cory’s unfortunate passing we can end the show [in a way] that I think is very satisfactory,” he shared. “And kind of in his honor, which I love.”

PHOTOS | Glee First Look: Adam Lambert… Swings?!

If the Gotham-centric plan gets a green light, Glee is not expected to move its production to the East Coast — although more frequent on-location shoots would be likely. Additionally, producers would be faced with the difficult task of deciding which characters currently tied to Lima (and McKinley High) would join Rachel, Kurt and Santana in NYC.

Thoughts? Thumbs up? Thumbs down? Thumbs sideways? Vote in the poll below and then hit the comments with your thoughts!

Tags: ,

Comments (608)

• Send all the current ND seniors to NYC and set the show there.

Comment by A – October 30, 2013 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Meh. Write out Artie and Tina and have Ryder and Kitty graduate early instead.

Comment by Lucas – October 30, 2013 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Nah, write out Blaine and Ryder. Keep Artie, Kitty, and Unique.

Comment by Rob – October 30, 2013 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Nope. Blaine and Artie go to NYC, everyone else go away.

Comment by Em – October 31, 2013 09:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ryder ha nope.

Comment by orinigals – October 30, 2013 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • write out all the newbies, keep this years graduates and kitty. :3

Comment by wildehart – October 30, 2013 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It’s funny how I started last season loathing Kitty, and she turns out to be the one character I actually got attached to.

Comment by BabyFirefly – October 30, 2013 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I know, right? Who would have thought?

Comment by wordsmith – October 30, 2013 06:04 PM PDT
          • I’ve grown to love Kitty with Artie. Not sure how I would feel about her alone. They have already set it up for Artie to be in Brooklyn for film school. Blaine obviously has to go, whether he and Kurt remain an item or not. Sam could get a job at Chippendales. Unfortunately, I have no desire for Tina to go. I feel like it is the shows fault, because they have turned her into a shallow uncaring character….and she never sings! She has a great voice, but they didn’t let her sing. Were they trying to make her like Rachael? Because she didn’t pull it off, IMO. I will miss Mr. Schuster, but he never sings anymore either. And while the others are undeniably talented, its time to let them go. Again, this is IMO.

Comment by KittyJules – October 31, 2013 01:57 AM PDT
      • This is the worst idea EVER!!!!… Tina and Artie are the 2 originals that are still on the show, Im actually looking forward to see both of them in NY with Rachel and Kurt!

Comment by gleemark – October 30, 2013 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I doubt that’s the worst idea ever. I think the idea of centering the show around Sam doing impressions at a comedy club in Utah is much worse!

That being said, I think we’d enjoy the newbies a lot more if there wasn’t so much focus on New York and the character everyone knows. I’d also like to see a lot more Warblers!

Comment by Jeff – October 30, 2013 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I wouldn’t enjoy the newbies more cause I wouldn’t be watching. They gave them plenty of focus more focus than NY and Lima was boring. I was sick of the songs just them running around in circle was stupid. The Warblers have been worthless since the end of season 2.

Comment by Jeff – October 30, 2013 11:50 PM PDT
    • I’d rather send Santana back to Lima and forget about New York!

Comment by Jeff – October 30, 2013 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • There’s nothing in Lima for Santana to do and there aren’t any characters on that side that she cares about. She belongs in NY

Comment by Jess – October 30, 2013 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • They can write her something to care about! It is JUST a show:)

Comment by Jeff – October 30, 2013 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • How horrible plus you are then losing you best character and gaining boring newbies.

Comment by nope – October 30, 2013 01:17 PM PDT
          • Sounds good to me. Swap Artie with Santana, nuke NY and bring back the other originals back to Lima! Santana > Rachel, Blaine > Kurt, Everyone > Artie

Comment by Jeff – October 30, 2013 01:53 PM PDT
          • Santana can’t even make Lima interesting. She only added to NY cause they actual wrote some comedy for them finally. If they only wrote drama for her like they did NY any comedy from anyone would have help.

Comment by balh – November 1, 2013 12:38 PM PDT
    • What´s the point to send current ND to NYC? They will ruin what´s working right now on Glee. Blaine and Sam are a BIG joke and so dumb/bland. NYC is classy and smart.

Comment by may – October 30, 2013 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Exactly the lame humor of Blam is not wanted in NY.

Comment by no blam – October 30, 2013 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well rachel and Kurt were a little dim when they were in lima too. there is more than four sides to a box, banning dodgeball, rachel’s finn obsession.
        Nyc is classy because they wear muted clothes and drink champagne

Comment by classyfrassy – October 30, 2013 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Lima is now all gimmicks and costumes. Not sure I was say classy but not as juvenile as Blam is even as seniors Kurt and Rachel weren’t running aorund in superhero costumes.

Comment by immature – October 30, 2013 11:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Blaine is awesome and belongs with Kurt and the others in NY. Sam can stay in Lima and Lima can get written out of the show.

Comment by Nancy – October 31, 2013 09:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Blaine who? Blaine Anderson is far from awesome. He is whiny, an attention whore and a cheater.

Comment by tired of him – November 2, 2013 09:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No. I just want Kurt Rachel and Santana. I don’t even want Blaine on the show anymore.

Comment by Sac – October 30, 2013 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Word. More PezHummelBerry!

Comment by showchoirboy – October 30, 2013 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • MTE. They should just get rid of Lima entirely, including the characters.

Comment by Dordor – October 30, 2013 09:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Blaine and Kurt are engaged. Hummelpezberry is ok but Blaine would complete the set.

Comment by Nancy – October 31, 2013 09:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Complete what set? He’d stick out as mediocre in that group.

Comment by Nancy is an idiot – November 1, 2013 08:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • They are already complete Blaine will just bring them down. He isn’t funny and he can’t do drama. He will jsut hog the songs and Kurt will get one line in their so called duets.

Comment by HP – November 1, 2013 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • MTE.

Comment by No Blee for me – November 3, 2013 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m all for just keeping it Rachel, Kurt and Santana. The others can come a visit.

Comment by NY – October 30, 2013 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed except I’m not sure if I want Sam and Tina regularly yet. They have their okay moments but it wouldn’t be the biggest lost if they don’t come back. Blaine and Artie yes though .
      The only newbie ND member I would miss is Kitty, she is definitely the most interesting. The others, not that I hate them at all, are kind of boring and it wouldn’t be that big of a loss.

Comment by Mo – October 30, 2013 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I would miss Unique and Kitty of the new characters (though I wish Kitty would let her hair down or cut it; that pulled tight look isn’t attractive). The new CAST are ok; the new CHARACTERS are bland and homogenous. The only time Marley has stood out was when she was with either Unique or Kitty.

Comment by Stephanie – November 6, 2013 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No thanks. They should get rid of all the newbies (except Kitty maybe) and drop the whole McKinley side, and then focus on Kurt, Rachel, Blaine, Santana and Artie in New York. Definitely don’t need Sam and Tina there though.

Comment by Stacy – October 31, 2013 12:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed. Those five in NY, maybe with some new supporting characters who aren’t clones. No more newbs, no more Sam, no more Lima.

Comment by Alex – October 31, 2013 09:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Keep Artie, Blaine and Tina. Everyone can go away.

Comment by Chris – November 15, 2013 05:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Honestly if glee wants too last they really should just get rid of all new york scenes and center the show around mckinley and the glee club. Degrassi is the perfect example its on its 13th season for sticking with there roots. And I read somewhere cory wanted glee too be like degrassi and doing this will honor him and glee would be the US version of degrassi. Because too be honest watching the new direction alumnis could only get you far but sticking with mckinley they can come up with more options because the writors don’t have too worry about the orginals and we can fall in love with the new characters finally.

Comment by Anthony – February 1, 2014 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know I am in the minority, but I would be pretty bummed if we lost the underclassman characters.

Comment by steve o (@ravenwing263) – October 30, 2013 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why do you need a good sleep aid so you need the Lima side of the show? :)

Comment by bored now – October 30, 2013 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I fast forward during the Lima parts. If it was all NY I would watch Thursdays and not just DVR it.

Comment by snore – October 30, 2013 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • They’re not my favourite characters but I do love Marley, Kitty, Jake and Ryder so I too would like Glee to say in the Glee club at least a little bit.

Comment by dude – October 30, 2013 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you Steve! I think there are some good people in the cast regardless of what most of the closed minded people who post on here think

Comment by Boiler – October 30, 2013 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Kitty is ok the rest are boring. Doesn’t mean I have a close mind. I just don’t think the actors or the writer have done a good job at creating interesting characters.

Comment by Too bland – October 30, 2013 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • We’re closed minded because we watched last season and decided we don’t like the new characters? That makes no sense. Look up what “closed minded” means, because what we have are called opinions.

Comment by Lauren – October 30, 2013 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I don’t think people who don’t like them are closed-minded but I do think a lot of people went into Season 4 deciding they already hated them and didn’t give them a chance.

Comment by dude – October 30, 2013 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I was the opposite I was excited for the new kids except Unique cause her acting was so bad the season before. But it turned out all of their acting was bad except Kitty’s. The musical numbers were lack luster and the stories seems forced. I saw nothing comedic from the new ones either.

Comment by new kids no spark – October 30, 2013 11:57 PM PDT
    • I watched one episode this season and gave up. if they moved the show to NY I would actually start watching again.

Comment by Elyse – October 30, 2013 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you. I like Kitty & Marley. I’d bring Puck on fulltime either way. I like Sue and don’t know how she would follow anyone to NYC. I might not be a HUGE fan of the underclassmen but I think the school local & the competition should be the focus again.

I’ve recently rewatched season 1 and what worked in the first season was not the side stories but the real performances & love for the music, the FUN of Glee, not just the drama. IMO.

Comment by Nick Wilkinson – October 30, 2013 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • But the new kids have shown they can’t deliver that. We have seen prom, elections, crushes and competitions. Why repeat that some more with lesser performers?

Comment by Laura – October 30, 2013 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Exactly. Been there, done that – with more powerful performances.

Comment by showchoirboy – October 30, 2013 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with you. Except for Unique, I actually enjoy the underclassmen in Lima. I enjoy both sides.

Comment by ErixN – October 30, 2013 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t worry, they’ll send some of the better underclassmen to the New York School for the Performing Arts. Probably a couple or so faculty, too.

Comment by Bob – October 31, 2013 06:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They should have done this in the first place.

Comment by David Stumme – October 30, 2013 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen to that.

Comment by Cheri – October 30, 2013 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yup. Rachel’s viewpoint was the most compelling in the pilot and should be the primary character as it wraps up. They (rightly) de-emphasized Shue which would be the only real continuity to another school year in Lima, even if Finn had stayed. The only natural storyline is to follow Rachel and her friends Kurt and Santana in NYC.

Comment by Seanny – October 30, 2013 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This so much. I want to see Kurt and Santana too but if they continue with NY getting 10 minutes someone will get less so just give less to Lima. With Finn gone Lima serves no purpose.

Comment by go away lima – October 30, 2013 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve got to think that Ryan Murphy et al must have a few regrets regarding Glee. Someone someday will write an analysis on how such a bright show with sparkling writing, engaging music, talented and charismatic actors devolved so quickly. My personal take? A desire to keep the younger, music-buying segment of their audience engaged led to too much Blaine, too much pop, too much fan pandering which ultimately led to indifferent and sloppy show running. While the quality dropped measurably each season, Season 4 will always be the season that the wheels came off of Glee as evidenced by its terrible writing, lack of continuity and dismal character development.
      Focusing solely on NYC is probably the best option for the show now, but quite frankly, it is too little, too late for me. While I wish the show, its crew and cast the best, Glee is simply no longer Glee without Cory Monteith. Not just because Monteith was one of the show’s most capable actors, but because Finn and Rachel’s story was the emotional core of the show. They were the metaphor for Glee and the reason I continued to watch the show (albeit considerably less enthusiastically last season.) It doesn’t really matter if they move the show to NYC and how many characters they “realistically” bring to the city, it’s simply no longer Glee to me.

Comment by JR – October 30, 2013 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I said it before and I’ll say it again: the problem originated at the beginning of Season 3 when it was “announced” which kids were Seniors and which were Juniors. It would’ve made more sense to have the original core group (Rachel, Mercedes, Tina, Artie and Kurt) as Freshman who had just come to McKinley and were joing the Glee Club w/Mr. Schue as the new director, then have Finn as a Sophmore b/c he was already the quaterback. Quinn would’ve been a Sophmore since she was captain of the Cheerios, but both Santana and Brittney could’ve been Freshman on the Cheerios. Puck could’ve been either a Freshman or Sophmore. Designating so many of the original cast as Seniors in the show’s third season really set them off on bad storyline choices which resulted in an uneven Season four and problems outlining this season and the upcoming last season. Of course the death of Cory has complicated matters, but the underlying story problems already existed based on this one bad decision in the beginning of Season three

Comment by dan – October 30, 2013 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • They could have taken a page out of Vampire Diaries’ book and had each school year equal 2 seasons. Then nobody would have graduated so soon.

Comment by Marcie – October 30, 2013 06:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Not that the need to respect continuity has ever made them do anything, but they showed Kurt driving a big SVU his dad got him during the first season… so he had to be a sophomore in the first season. It also helped establish the characters – they weren’t just scared freshman transitioning to HS; they were kids who genuinely didn’t fit in.

Comment by Seanny – October 30, 2013 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yes, I agree that the showrunners certainly didn’t have a good long term vision/plan for the show. Besides the botched graduation (having Kurt the same age as Finn and Puck really?) they also made a HUGE mistake in cementing Finn to Lima last season–I know they did it to anchor the McKinley story and support the newbies, but it totally changed the show’s original intent for him.
          Since the pilot, we rooted for Finn, Rachel and the other Glee misfits to open themselves up to the power of music, find their true selves and get out of Lima. In the beginning, Finn’s story was just as important (and powerful) as Rachel’s. Rachel and Will (and later Kurt) recognized Finn’s talent and star quality and, through their eyes, we knew that Finn would find his way out of Lima through music (remember performing made Finn happy? remember New Directions needed Finn as much as Rachel to win their first Sectionals?) This was the intent and message through the first three seasons. When they used Finn as a plot device to anchor the McKinley story, they changed (downgraded) his dream and importance to the show. And the show suffered drastically.
          I think Ryan Murphy got distracted by the shiny, splashy musical numbers and started to build the show around those performances and performers. What started as a well written show that used music to support and highlight the stories has essentially turned into a musical video. The reason Glee was so successful was because it had compelling stories brought to life by truly gifted actors (Lea, Cory, Matthew, Chris). Ironically, in changing the show’s focus it also betrayed some of the show’s most powerful first season messages: New Directions would win not because they were the best dancers/singers but because they were different and had heart (Acafellas and Pilot); and that they shouldn’t let the glitz/smoke distract from their True Colors (Hairography).
          It’s really unfortunate that it took Cory’s death for Ryan Murphy to publicly admit his and Finn’s importance to the show. I, for one, will never forget (or forgive) him for essentially dissing Cory in his interviews during Season 2′s summer hiatus (the one where he said he had taken the time to discuss the upcoming graduation plot lines with Lea and Chris but not Cory).
          tl:dr but that’s why I think Ryan et al must have regrets and why whatever changes they make to Glee will be too little, too late for me.

Comment by JR – October 31, 2013 07:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • The announced in the Pilot episode that Rachel was a sophomore. They announced in the third episode of season 1 that Kurt was already 16. The only new information at the beginning of season 3 was that Artie, Tina, and Blaine were juniors, not seniors; they’d already locked themselves into the 3rd season = senior year for the other original characters.

Comment by Tess – October 31, 2013 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This is so true. Glee is nothing without the dymanic fo Finn and Rachel. With Finn/Cory gone there is no story for many. What happened in season 4 was what killed the show. The newbies just don’t cut it. They are all poor imitations of the originals with the exception of Kitty who is so much better than her original. Moving the show to NYC isn’t going to save it especially if you had Sam and Blaine to the mix. The show for me ended at the end if season 3 and officially died July 13th.

Comment by Fan – October 30, 2013 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Finn was a great character – a popular quarterback who really displayed vulnerability and his relationship with Rachel was great, but her character and her story were not solely about that relationship. People overlook that her drive to make it to Broadway is a consistent part of her character and can sustain the show going forward. Add in Kurt and Santana and you have a story. They just need to ditch Blaine. I don’t mind his character, but Kurt should have outgrown him by now.

Comment by Seanny – October 30, 2013 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I agree Rachel journey needs to finish and that is why I am still watching. Sadly she won’t have Finn by her side but her put her on that train to be a star so the show needs to have that one dream of his fulfilled.

Comment by Berry – October 31, 2013 12:03 AM PDT
      • AMEN and A+++ to your post.

Comment by JT – October 30, 2013 05:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • While Finn/Cory will be missed and was of course an important part of Glee I don’t think that he or his relationship with Rachel were the emotional core of the show. In fact, I think the stories that really root and ground Glee are those of Rachel and Kurt. Both of them have been there from the start, and they are the two characters who have made the biggest journey so far (both individually and together). They’ve gone through so many ups and downs, but they’ve never lost faith, and they’ve always come out stronger in the end. They went from semi-enemies to friends in a way that was always believable, and it is easy to imagine them still being best friends when their are in their eighties. They are also two of only a handful of characters on this show who are actually well-developed and well-rounded overall. Kurt and Rachel are the heart and soul of Glee, and I think Fox is well aware of that considering that these are the two characters they use for almost all promotional purposes (in season 4 they even used them to advertise episodes that they weren’t even in!).

Comment by Laurel – November 1, 2013 04:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are they finally going to listen to what the fans want?? Shocking!

Comment by Lana – October 30, 2013 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly my reaction. Ok, which dimension is this? I feel like I am having a Fringe experience right now…

Dear TPTB, since it seems to be epiphany time, kill Sam and Blaine with fire. Thanks.

Comment by Olivia – October 30, 2013 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sam and Blaine are cutie pies. (not as a couple before a kurtsie comes to destroy me)

Comment by wildehart – October 30, 2013 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Sam and Blaine are adorable.

Comment by Matt – October 30, 2013 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Many people are tired of Blam not so cute just annoying.

Comment by Suz – October 30, 2013 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • all they did was get that dumb trophy back for finn. it was cute.

Comment by all they did – October 30, 2013 12:43 PM PDT
          • Yep, I’m sick of Blam

Comment by Armandp – October 30, 2013 01:15 PM PDT
          • there hasn’t even been much. there’s been more blina and pezberry and hummelberry

Comment by o.e – October 30, 2013 01:32 PM PDT
          • Please Blam has had more than Tina stuff. And one episode I swear was 60% Blam when Blaine sang to him. I think they had like 4 songs even.

Comment by blah blam – October 31, 2013 12:06 AM PDT
        • Don’t worry, I’m a kurtsie and I wish blaine and sam were a couple so I could watch Kurt without blaine and blaine fans, whatever your name are, would have your cuttie pies all to yourself. As long as my New York scenes are blaine free, i really don’t care what he does with sam.

Comment by jazzcolfer – October 30, 2013 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • andd there it is. :3

Comment by ;) – October 30, 2013 01:51 PM PDT
          • Too bad, so sad to be you, Blaine is headed to NY with his fiance. :) And thank goodness for that, Artie, Blaine, and Sam belong there. That way they’ll never need to populate that side with a bunch of temporary guest starts. They need regulars to interact with. Can’t wait for graduation.

Comment by Ali – October 31, 2013 12:50 AM PDT
        • I am a Kurtsie and I think that Sam is a cutie Pie… and Blaine is charmingly great.

Comment by Ax – October 31, 2013 08:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t care about Sam but Blaine is a huge part of the show, very popular, fun and charming and talented, and part of the only remaining power couple. It would be crazy to get rid of him.

Comment by Sean – October 31, 2013 09:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It might be crazy but it would make the show so much more enjoyable. He is average at best. He actually brings many scene down and his vocal ranges is limited.

Comment by tired of him – November 2, 2013 09:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would actually come back and watch Glee again if they moved it to NY so I’m hoping it happens :)

Comment by Elyse – October 30, 2013 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i thought this was obviously what they were doing.

Comment by Dannie – October 30, 2013 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does FOX pay TV line to do so any stories about Glee? Putting aside that it’s awful IMO. Ratings are not great and there are soooo many Glee stories on here you’d think it was the Walking Dead.

Comment by Eurisko – October 30, 2013 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well the fact that this got over a 30 comments in just a few minutes makes me believe Glee is getting TVLine quite an amount of visitors,

Comment by Wouter – October 30, 2013 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • now I know why most of the comments are so “Glee fan”.

is there another site where they talk about TV and Glee people are no where around. And the staff of the site write about interesting things and not just click generated garbage?

Comment by Eurisko – October 30, 2013 10:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And yet here you are reading it so clearly it’s working…

Comment by Anne – October 30, 2013 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • November sweeps are around the corner. This is where we learn a lot about what’s planned, especially with shows nearing the winter hiatus. It’s not a conspiracy really. EW and TVGuide will each report on this shortly, if they haven’t already.

Comment by Esaul – October 30, 2013 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They write posts they think we’ll read. Pretty easy to tell which topics generate traffic in the internet era.

Comment by Seanny – October 30, 2013 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, they don’t get paid. TV|Line just likes reporting on all the shows that the under-20 crowd watches. No one else matters.

Comment by Bob – October 31, 2013 06:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It would be great if I could watch without having to fast-forward through half the episodes. I’m for it!

Comment by Kristina – October 30, 2013 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That is exactly the truth about Glee since season 4 started. I just hope Blaine goes to China. Sam goes to clown school. Artie goes to NY Academy of Film Arts. Mercedes goes to NY to try to get off off Broadway. Or be a club singer. Adam Lambert could stay as long as he would like to. I love Rachel, Kurt and Santana as roommates. This scenario for Glee could become some of the best and fresh and new fun for Glee. Make a new start for a new run for Glee. New stories, new angles, new music, new backdrops, new possibilities. the possibilities are endless. Maybe, a few more years than 2. All depends. Just so sad that Cory is gone to not be a part of it. For sure, if he were still here and Glee were to make this an instant decision, I would start watching Glee again. As of now, Glee is a bore. Blaine, Blee, Sam, Blam, Marley, Jarley, and all those other Lima names turn my stomach. Eighty percent Lima and 20 percent New York will not bring me back. I don’t care if they sing the more of The Beatles music. If Blaine sings 1 more song, then Glee’s shown that there is preference’s shown toward certain actors and their characters. Blaine, Marley in particular. Those 2 are the 2 I least care for.

Comment by NotaGleefananymore – October 30, 2013 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • As if I wrote this myself. So much truth here. Sadly Blaine will be in NY cause TPTB believe their own hype on this below average actor/singer.

Comment by Henry – October 30, 2013 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Below average actor/singer. P. R. E. A. C. H. In season 2 Blaine character was introduced and was rather like able , not too overdone or overused. Like Goldielocks.

Comment by NotaGleefananymore – October 30, 2013 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • So true about that actor. Could be a nice boy but VERY average actor/singer

Comment by Au – October 30, 2013 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Besides Darren being a mediocre actor, is his character Blaine only exist by his relationship with other characters (Kurt, Sam, Tina etc), he never stood out an individual character. During season 3, Ian Brennan once ask Darren if he can talk about his personal life since the writers are interested to expand Blaine has a multicultural race with successful immigrant parents
          but secretly staying illegally (remember that controversial Arizona Immigration Law). But the writers were quite surprise he just said “No, thanks” the reason he doesn’t want the writers to make fun of his life. So the writers just went to the Matt Bomer storyline (again relationship story with another character).

Comment by AuntSnix – October 30, 2013 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • lol, more proof that the little group of haters is full of crap, there’s no truth to this. legit sources, please? :)

Comment by nope – October 31, 2013 12:52 AM PDT
          • Okay crazy Naya Stan.

Comment by Jess – October 31, 2013 10:00 PM PDT
          • Even if the Ian story is crap it doesn’t change the fact that Darren is average at best so therefore a hindrance to some story-lines.

Comment by tired of him – November 2, 2013 09:57 PM PDT
        • Please. The writers have spent the last two seasons trying to recapture the appeal and charisma of Blaine/Darren Criss with new actors and characters. Below average? You’re so full of it. But bitter haters will keep crying as Blaine continues to be one of the most popular characters and Darren becomes more famous and more successful.

Comment by Jess – October 31, 2013 09:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment by No – November 1, 2013 08:59 AM PDT
          • I agree hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Recapture his charisma it was never captured in the first place.

Comment by DK – November 2, 2013 09:59 PM PDT
      • I agree with everything you said! And for those people saying well the promoted the Newbies it has to mean they love them and have plans for them. All it means is Ryan needed them for Cory/Finn’s SL. Without Finn they aren’t needed.

Comment by GLEE NY! – October 30, 2013 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Those fans don’t understand that Ryan does not have to keep the newbies just cause they singed them. I agree they were singed cause Cory had a big part of Lima. With Finn gone and others graduating Lima is a wasteland.

Comment by Piper – October 30, 2013 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • More like Finn supported their stories. While he was an anchor for the McKinley side he certainly wasn’t a lead. He served as a touchpoint to when the series was popular but most of the time his on screen time dealt with holding the hands of the newbies.

Comment by Camussie – October 30, 2013 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Except Ryan said he had much more planned for him ins season 5.

Comment by DE – November 2, 2013 10:00 PM PDT
      • So you’re saying blaine is half chinese.

Comment by all they did – October 30, 2013 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Rachel said in season 2 that Blaine is Eurasian… so he could be half chinese, half filipino (like Darren in real life), half korean, half japanese etc…

Comment by Ax – October 31, 2013 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring back Smash!

Comment by smash fan – October 30, 2013 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow, i’m pretty sure NBC will bring back Smash after they saw your comment on an article about a FOX show

Comment by Wouter – October 30, 2013 11:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hehe I actually do miss that show

Comment by Timmah – October 30, 2013 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i know blaine is going to move to new york because of Kurt but can that be it from the lima group i don’t think it needs anyone else. Kurt Santana Rachel Blaine Dani Starchild that is enough characters that way we might get better storylines

Comment by chloe – October 30, 2013 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i agree. i know Artie is moving to. i don’t care as long as Sam doesn’t move to new york

Comment by Kevin – October 30, 2013 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • oh yeah i forgot Artie is moving. oh yes leave Sam in Lima or he can go to LA for mercedes but i really really don’t want him going to New York

Comment by chloe – October 30, 2013 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with this 100%

Comment by km – October 30, 2013 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree too! Dump the useless Newbies and give us all NY with what is left of the Original Cast!

Comment by Tommy – October 30, 2013 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Even moving Blaine over is too much. Write Blaine out.

Comment by Amanda – October 30, 2013 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hun, you might as well get over your Blaine hate, because he’s there to stay. And he’s going to have an over-the-top, fab gay wedding, so prepare yourself mentally.

Comment by Levy – October 30, 2013 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • If Blaine goes back to be a supporting character he can come to NY. Why they keep on using him so much when there is true talent on the show I have yet to figure that out. Poor Kurt.

Comment by Plaine Blanderson – October 30, 2013 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • they keep Blaine cuz he is popular, he is one of the best selling character on the show. And because he is fabulous. too bad some people are blinded by jealousy.

Comment by Kenny – October 30, 2013 10:58 PM PDT
          • Oh stop pretending Blaine is the best selling anything. He is popular but others are as popular or more popualr them him.

Comment by oh stop with your made up stats – October 31, 2013 12:11 AM PDT
          • “Poor Kurt”, see this is why nobody likes Kurt stans. There are TONS of characters getting more than Kurt, unfortunately. Once you realize Blaine isn’t the only one, maybe it’ll help you get over this sad little pathetic grudge you have against him.

Comment by nope – October 31, 2013 12:55 AM PDT
          • They keep using him because he has talent and likability oozing out of his pores. Get over your hate.

Comment by Andy – October 31, 2013 10:03 PM PDT
          • Talent oozing out of his pore, has give us all a break. He is ok but SOOOO over-hyped for an average actor and singer.

Comment by DE – November 2, 2013 10:02 PM PDT
        • Make it a little more obvious that this is a reply from a straight girl fetishizing gay characters. “Over-the-top, fab gay wedding”? You couldn’t just have said wedding? Gay people are normal, you know.

Comment by Jesus Christ – October 30, 2013 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • how is an over the top fab gay wedding a fetish?

Comment by what – October 30, 2013 12:44 PM PDT
          • Where did she/he that gay people aren’t normal? Learn the definition of fetish before you write idiotic comments. Over-the-top (not offensive), fab (not offensive), gay (last I checked, both were gay), wedding (not offensive).

Comment by Caitlyn – October 30, 2013 12:54 PM PDT
        • I would love to see Blaine get married to Kurt.

Comment by patty – October 30, 2013 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That would be great but Starchild and Dani won’t be staying long. Their actors are special guest stars. Once their contracts are up, Glee should focus on finding talented unknowns and making creative new characters rather than copies of the originals. But Klainepezberry in New York definitely needs to be the focus of the show.

Comment by Andy – October 31, 2013 10:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We already have Blaine and Artie poised to move to NYC right?

Comment by CK – October 30, 2013 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yeah

Comment by Dannie – October 30, 2013 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yay

Comment by francis – October 30, 2013 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think they should have Artie serving mutton at one of those midevil times restaurants

Comment by Jeff – October 30, 2013 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have been watching Glee from the beginning and I definitely care most about the original characters and prefer the NYC story lines… that being said, if they totally eliminate Lima, that means no more McKinley, Mr. Schu, Sue, Emma… that sounds very weird to me. Also, how logical is it for everyone to have moved to NYC? Not very.

Comment by Lauren – October 30, 2013 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Emma is already being written out, according to Jayma. Schu has been useless for some time now. And Jane Lynch is better than what they are writing for Sue recently (i.e. the past few seasons).

Comment by S – October 30, 2013 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Giving how wacky Glee can be at times I’m certain they can come up with a reason for Sue at least to turn up in NYC.

Comment by Anne – October 30, 2013 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This should have been done from the start when Rachel, Santana, Kurt, etc graduated. But Ryan was too stubborn for that. Glad he’s finally beginning to realise no one cares about the new kids. Or Chord. Or Blaine (except teenage straight girls who fetishize gay boys).

Comment by S – October 30, 2013 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Blaine is one of the most popular characters on glee, get over it.

Comment by dianna – October 30, 2013 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think you’re confusing ‘popular’ and ‘shoved down our throats’. Some people don’t like my favorite characters but I deal with it. You can too.

Comment by S – October 30, 2013 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Keep living in denial, Blaine hater.

Comment by dianna – October 30, 2013 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Nice comeback! I felt the burn.

Comment by S – October 30, 2013 11:44 AM PDT
          • You’ll feel it in a minute :D

Comment by i kid. no but srsly. – October 30, 2013 01:14 PM PDT
        • I’m pretty sure legions of teenage girls would disagree with you.. He’s not my favorite by a long shot, but I don’t get all the hate on him either. To me he is a fairly attractive if somewhat short young man who has a decent singing voice.

Comment by Cosima – October 30, 2013 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • he is the worst

Comment by candy – October 30, 2013 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Not really. Yes, in the beginning he was awesome, but last season most people started to tire of him. And this season with the ridiculous marriage proposal at 18… too much.

Comment by Lauren – October 30, 2013 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • blaine is 19 and kurt is 20

Comment by sonofthe – October 30, 2013 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • You’re 18 in your senior year of high school. Also, even if they are 19 and 20, it’s still ridiculous for them to be engaged. RIDICULOUS. Please.

Comment by Lauren – October 30, 2013 11:54 AM PDT
          • More likely he is 17 or 18 and kurt is 18 or 19. I didn’t turn 18 until after I graduated high school.

Comment by Seanny – October 30, 2013 08:27 PM PDT
        • “People” started to tire of him. I always love this argument on the internet. How can you even determine this? Are you from ontd_glee? Or a diehard Kurtsie? I really like Kurt, but his fans always disappoint me with their bullying and hatred. Chris would be so disappointed.

Comment by Marsha – October 30, 2013 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • What are you talking about? At what point did I bully or hate on anyone? You Blaine lovers are INSANE. Get a life. And, FYI, I can determine that “people” are tired of him from reading comments on various Glee articles, and also from talking to my peers who also watch the show.

Comment by Lauren – October 30, 2013 12:11 PM PDT
          • I love how you complain about generalizing on the internet and then proceed to do so yourself. I hope your not as dumb as this makes you look.

Comment by Sassy – October 30, 2013 12:11 PM PDT
          • I thought Kurt fans were supposed to be decent. :/

Comment by francis – October 30, 2013 12:13 PM PDT
          • I think Chris is more dissapointed that he character has been reduce to Blaine’s boyfriends instead of exploring other storylines likes in season 1 and 2.

Comment by ana – October 30, 2013 12:15 PM PDT
          • Chris should not whine about how his character isn’t getting enough lines. That’s poor form. As an actor you perform to the script and do your best.

Comment by what – October 30, 2013 12:46 PM PDT
          • Not liking Kurt’s fiance who cheated on him and is shoved down our throat doesn’t make anyone into a bully or a hater. Guilt tripping and shaming people by saying Chris would be disappointed is ridiculous. Disliking a fictional character is not a valid reason to be called a hater, imo. These kinds of articles are meant to stir opinions, good or bad. So of course people might not like a performance, an episode, the direction a show has taken, even an actor’s interpretation, it’s perfectly normal. blaine isn’t the scale by which you judge if a person is descent or hateful. It’s just a character you can love or abhor. I don’t like him, no one is hurting, the world keeps spinning and you should be happy since blaine will remain the focus of the show until the end anyway.

Comment by jazzcolfer – October 30, 2013 02:19 PM PDT
          • This is rich coming from a Klainers. Chris is tired of shippers not individual fans.

Comment by ha – October 31, 2013 12:13 AM PDT
        • Agree 100%. I loved Blaine at first in season 2 and I guess 3 but he definitely has annoyed me more recently, especially at the end of last season (But I still sort of like him). I sort of wished they gave him a story line that doesn’t revolve around gay marriage or Kurt and Sam (maybe something that involved his parents??) but if he goes to New York, I won’t be mad, as long as they give him something new to do.
          Also he is one of my favourite singers on the show, but they should let other people sing more often instead of mainly him (like give songs to Artie I love his voice!)

Comment by Mo – October 30, 2013 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Popular according to Blaine fans.

Comment by Jeff – October 30, 2013 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • dislike blaine all you want, but saying that he isn’t popular???? you guys are ridiculous

Comment by mar_mar – October 30, 2013 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Every day he is like less and less.

Comment by Plaine Blanderson – October 30, 2013 12:14 PM PDT
          • He’s not popular. Its just that Ryan Murphy is obsessed with him.

Comment by Peach – October 30, 2013 12:42 PM PDT
          • Haters are determined to knock him down.

Comment by becausetheyreawful. – October 30, 2013 12:47 PM PDT
          • Know people with taste are just shining on light on his mediocrity.

Comment by he is average at best – October 31, 2013 12:14 AM PDT
    • funny since i’m a gay guy and i like Blaine its not all straight girls

Comment by Kevin – October 30, 2013 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Way to generalize all of Blaine’s fans! I’m a late-20 something bisexual woman and Blaine is my favorite character!! I also adore Sam and the Blam friendship was one of the best things Glee did in season 4. I hope that friendship is carried over to NY!

Comment by kd83954 – October 30, 2013 11:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m a 22 year old lesbian and i love Blaine i mean Santana is my favorite but i also love Blaine. the whole only 12 year girls like Blaine is so boring

Comment by chloe – October 30, 2013 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • 47 Straight female and hate Blaine and tired of his mediocrity hogging the screentime and songs.

Comment by Mary – October 30, 2013 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • But he’s cute, and interesting. half asian pocket rocket with smooth voice and nice eyes and we don’t know who his parents are. uwu

Comment by hitherblaine – October 30, 2013 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • He is average in every way and not even very cute. His voice is rather weak actually with little range. WTH do his parent have to do with anything.

Comment by Freida – October 30, 2013 12:15 PM PDT
          • I respectfully disagree

Comment by hitherblaine – October 30, 2013 12:48 PM PDT
          • “pocket rocket”? lol Blaine fans

Comment by Ellis – October 30, 2013 03:31 PM PDT
        • Right. The point of my comment was to point out that not all of Blaine’s fans are some teenage girls with gay fantasies. That he has fans all over the spectrum, as Chloe also demonstrates.

Comment by kd83954 – October 30, 2013 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You’re 47 and posting here? Why are you so concerned with a teenage character on TV – and bothering to even post the hate? Lol, gotta love it.

Comment by Andy – October 30, 2013 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • The internet isn’t just for tween. Why can’t a older persons have a opinion about the show? Why do you care if I dislike a fictional character?

Comment by old and wise – October 30, 2013 12:18 PM PDT
          • Wow Andy – that is so rude and completely naive of you. Open your eyes to the world – people, beyond that YA demo, have views.

Comment by RUCookie – October 30, 2013 01:01 PM PDT
    • I’m not a straight teenage girl and I love Blaine; he is my favorite character actually. Your generalizations are just making you look like a fool, S.

Comment by Lucas – October 30, 2013 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like Chord Overstreet’s impersonations. I’ve felt for a while now that the best version of the show would be a musical-comedy sitcom following Rachel, Kurt and Santana while Chord Overstreet puts his impersonation skills to work and plays random supporting characters in each episode.

Comment by Adam – October 30, 2013 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Not sure why no one responded to you, because this is fantastic.

Comment by Lily – October 31, 2013 06:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Um, no one cares about Blaine? He’s one of the most popular characters on the show (two out of three of Glee’s fan-voted favorite music polls included his songs). There’s a reason he gets more focus now – there’s demand for him. And the same three people that still visit ontd_glee keep posting under different names here. The love will always outnumber the hate by you guys lol.

Comment by Dan – October 30, 2013 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You´ve seen the ratings right ? Blee is not what people want to see all the time and that is clear by the ratings drop they´ll reach cw statues soon.

Comment by candy – October 30, 2013 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • ratings for fox are down in general tho. js.

Comment by lydia – October 30, 2013 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You’re an idiot if you think ratings can be attributed to one character. You can’t be that dense. This show is in its fifth season on FOX. The decline in ratings is a natural progression. Let me guess. Are you a Kurtsie?

Comment by Bree – October 30, 2013 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • really Darren could leave the show and the writting would still be so bad. fox has bad ratings new girl gets around 3ml yes xfactor only gets about 6ml yes glee used to get big ratings but the whole fox network has went down in ratings not just glee

Comment by chloe – October 30, 2013 11:57 AM PDT
          • Blee and the newbies sure aren’t helping ratings.

Comment by Piper – October 30, 2013 12:34 PM PDT
          • idk, it’s sure helping me.

Comment by wtfox – October 30, 2013 12:49 PM PDT
          • @wtfox… sorry about your lack of taste.

Comment by Dean – October 31, 2013 12:16 AM PDT
          • tell that to Modern Family!!

Comment by Cece – October 31, 2013 01:43 PM PDT
      • exactly

Comment by mar_mar – October 30, 2013 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hahaha at you thinking those polls show an accurate representation of anything. Fangirls/boys from all sides flood the voting on those types of polls. It happens on every major site (here, E!, etc) and with nearly every single show.

Comment by S – October 30, 2013 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • So the polls mean nothing? And you and your gang of five haters is the true representation of the viewing audience? Lol think about what you said. Polls have more credibility than you simply telling us that he’s not popular. Where’s your quantitative research then, to back that up? You’re simply skewed from being in your hole on the internet. At the end of the day, Darren’s laughing all the way to the bank, and you’re writing hateful comments on an online article. Think about your choices.

Comment by Maliyah – October 30, 2013 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I never said I hate Darren. Try learning how to separate fantasy and reality.

Comment by S – October 30, 2013 01:10 PM PDT
      • If polls indicate the general audience, then time to face the fact that no one cares about Klaine. They got voted out in the very first round of E!’s TV couples poll not even a week ago.

Comment by Amanda – October 30, 2013 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • the klainers i follow didn’t really vote for because they were busy voting for the PCA

Comment by Kevin – October 30, 2013 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • PCA so desperate Darren and Chord are pimping out even getting nominations. That is truly sad. I have never seen an actor campaign for a nomination for a PCA.

Comment by sad – October 30, 2013 12:36 PM PDT
          • Lol you’re only proving my point. If the general audience cared about them then they would have made it farther. But they were dependent on the “Klainer” vote, and they didn’t even bother.

Comment by Amanda – October 30, 2013 12:37 PM PDT
          • Um Chris campaigns for every fan-voted thing he’s nominated in. You’ve never seen an actor campaign for things before? Well you probably haven’t been alive long, huh?

Comment by Ella – October 30, 2013 12:42 PM PDT
          • Didn’t Chris Colfer Twitter campaign the PCAs last year (and won?)

Comment by Jenna – October 30, 2013 12:47 PM PDT
          • Chris colfer campaigned shamelessly for that PCA. lol. honest to god.

Comment by lol. – October 30, 2013 12:50 PM PDT
          • I said campaigned for a NOMINATIONS. Most say something about voting after they have been nominated.

Comment by learn to read – October 31, 2013 12:19 AM PDT
      • Lol bringing up ontd_glee? This is a really specific, tumblr level of butthurt and you’re not the general audience so you have no clue as to what is actually popular.

Comment by Derick – October 30, 2013 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • “Butthurt” … you’re definitely from ontd_glee LOL.

Comment by Eba – October 30, 2013 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Or from the internet?

Comment by Derick – October 30, 2013 01:16 PM PDT
      • Oh geez and the same Blaine fans post stats like they prove anything.

Comment by JK – October 30, 2013 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • lol at the butthurt. I do know that not everyone who likes Blaine is a straight teen girl, but let’s be real, it IS the majority of the online Blaine fandom. Calm down kids.

Comment by S – October 30, 2013 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • chris colfer fans too, and he admits it by himself, but nope, no one insults him for that.

Comment by aragon – October 30, 2013 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • And is there something wrong with straight girls liking a gay character? That’s a bit homophobic, don’t you think? And for someone who doesn’t even like Blaine, how would you know the demographic? Lol, I don’t get people who look up things they don’t like. How do you have enough time in the day? Honestly, I’d like to know.

Comment by Avery – October 30, 2013 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I don’t think you know what homophobic means if you think it applies to straight girls that like gay boys…

Comment by STE – October 30, 2013 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Avery, I follow a wide range of people on tumblr and twitter, some of them Blaine/Klaine stans, some of them not. I usually don’t automatically unfollow people for it when there are other things I like about their blogs. I’ve been apart of the Glee fandom from the beginning, it’s not hard to figure out the fandom demographics of each character.

Comment by S – October 30, 2013 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Is there anything wrong with straight girls liking a gay character? No. But as a gay guy, it gets annoying when my sexual identity becomes fetishized and marginalized into nothing more than fodder for fan-fiction. Obviously not all straight women do this, nor all straight women who like Glee or like Blaine, but there are large subsects of fan culture that do this.

Comment by Adam – October 30, 2013 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • well, i’m thinkng blaine and tina and artie move there. that would please me
        but apparently sam also? okay then. if they can make it work.

Comment by lydia – October 30, 2013 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Let’s be real, the majority of the entire Glee audience is straight teenage girls. And the majority of that audience likes Blaine, so yeah, he has a lot of straight teenage girl fans, just like Kurt, just like Rachel, etc. Stop saying it like being a teenage girl is a bad thing. You sound so sexist.

Comment by Ang – October 31, 2013 10:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t say no one cares about the new kids. I think that is presumptious to ignore that the new characters do have fans just as any character on the show. Stop being callous.

Comment by Larry – October 30, 2013 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • They have some fans but overall it would seem they have not caught on.

Comment by Lori – October 30, 2013 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lol the swarm of Blaine fans coming at you getting defensive. You didn’t lie.

Comment by TYU54 – October 30, 2013 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • If by swarm you mean maybe two. I’m at my friend’s and she’s been trolling this comment like a pro. She already posted under several different names bless her heart.

Comment by Anne – October 30, 2013 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like blaine. I do not fetishize his gayness.

Comment by haha – October 30, 2013 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’d like Blaine a lot more if Darren would get some acting lessons. I can’t tell if the character is written as a pouting toddler or Darren just chooses to play him that way. I dread him popping up in NY and Lea having to act across from that.

Comment by Trent – October 30, 2013 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes it will be hard for Lea to act of of her favorite people her words not mine they are good friends i’m sure it will suck for her

Comment by Emma – October 30, 2013 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Your reading comprehension is awful. I didn’t say they weren’t friends (although let’s be fair everyone Lea is asked about is her favorite person in the world!!!!!!). I said I feel bad the person I consider the most talented on the show will have to work with a mediocre actor. I hope your dumbness is confined to the internet and that you don’t subject people to it in real life.

Comment by Trent – October 30, 2013 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Darren can’t compete with Lea, Chris or Naya.

Comment by real actors – October 30, 2013 12:40 PM PDT
        • Everyone is Lea’s favorite person though.

Comment by Lea has 100 BFFs – October 30, 2013 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Lea is “best friends” with all of them – just ask her. Don’t you know PR whyn you see it?

Comment by Cece – October 31, 2013 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Actually, Darren is a very good actor. Not on the same level as Lea, Chris, Naya or Jane, but still good. And he’s strongest when acting opposite Chris and Lea so I don’t think you have anything to worry about.

Comment by Laurel – November 1, 2013 04:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • this sexism right here. XD

Comment by iloveteenagegirls – October 30, 2013 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That word doesn’t mean what you think it means.

Comment by S – October 30, 2013 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Belittling teenage girls simply by virtue of their gender. no you’re right, that’s a comment worthy of my attention.

Comment by girlsdontunderstandthewordsexismareyoukidding – October 30, 2013 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • hahahahaha yeah you definitely don’t understand the meaning of that word. But keep trying. You’ll eventually get there.

Comment by S – October 30, 2013 01:56 PM PDT
          • d-bag alert.

Comment by um – October 30, 2013 02:40 PM PDT
    • I myself am a twenty something queer lady that loves Blaine, and let me tell you there are a lot of queer fans and gleek moms in the Blaine fandom. But I can’t blame you for not knowing about the diversity because you’re not in it. And it’s kind of rididulous to say that because he is popular with teenage girls he’s really not popular at all and getting shoved down our throats? As if being a teenage girl invalidates her opinions on what she likes or her contribution to keep the
      show going? Even if a fandom were made entirely of teenage girls why would that even be a BAD thing? (hint: misogyny) Oh silly hysterical teenage girls, why would we ever market to the demographic who spends the most time and money on our show?

Comment by Jenna – October 30, 2013 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow – the negativity towards Blaine and Sam leaves me confused. In Lima, they are my favorite characters. (But I will admit that Blaine can be pushy). Would love to see them both in NYC. Sam can be the next Naked Cowboy in Times Square. Tina is a disaster now, and does not need to whine away in NYC too. We know Artie is going to NYC, going to film school. The less said about what has happened to Schue the better… he has been a mess since he as on the Presidential Taskforce for the Promotion of the Arts (or whatever it was)…

Of the newer characters. I really have not grown attached to them. I like them more than last year, but still – no love. Will not miss them if they focus solely on NYC.

Comment by RUCookie – October 30, 2013 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, because the people who like Kurt are so very different from the people who like Blaine – I hate to break it to you, but Kurt/Chris’s fan base is virtually identical to Blaine/Darren’s – it’s made up predominantly of straight teenage girls – so if Blaine is being fetishized, then so too is Kurt. Or, y’know, maybe they just actually like the characters and perhaps see something of themselves in their story. But of course, if teenage girls like it, it must be terrible, because we all know that being young and female makes your feelings and opinions invalid.

Comment by Paige – October 30, 2013 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • “But of course, if teenage girls like it, it must be terrible, because we all know that being young and female makes your feelings and opinions invalid.” — REACHING. It actually has very little due with the age or the gender but more about the intent of the act behind their stan-ing. A girl fetishizing gay men is just as disgusting as a guy fetishizing lesbians. Just because it’s a teenage girl doesn’t mean it should be cast off as any less creepy or unacceptable than if it was a guy who likes Brittana purely because he jacks it to them. And there is a huge trend in teenage and twenty-something culture where girls treat their gay male friends as accessories instead of actual human beings. Chris can’t stand most of the Klaine/Kurt fandom because of this very reason.

Comment by S – October 30, 2013 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Very well put

Comment by Laila – October 30, 2013 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • AMEN!!!

Comment by Cece – October 31, 2013 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You have a lot to learn about the intersectionality of sexism and the oppression of queer people, honey. A man jacking off to girl-on-girl action is not the same as a teenage girl shipping a gay pairing.

Comment by Ang – October 31, 2013 10:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That would be nice and I think I’d get back to watching Glee more if it was entirely in NY. Last year I lost interest in McKinley, so I haven’t been watching much, but I keep up with what’s going in in NY since I love the characters there.

Comment by Amy – October 30, 2013 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • move blaine there, dump the rest. there’s too many characters on this show. a smaller cast would make a world of difference.

Comment by Dannie – October 30, 2013 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s what they should have done after the first of them graduated, the whole going back and forth isn’t doing anyone any favors. Sorry Ryder, I did like you.

Comment by gmail – October 30, 2013 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is like letting the Titanic hit the iceberg first before steering it away. Should’ve done this last season.

Comment by LW – October 30, 2013 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This seriously made me giggle for some reason.

Comment by Bobbie – October 30, 2013 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only reason people still care about Lima is because of Blaine. I hope he moves to NYC soon.

Comment by sakuraflowers – October 30, 2013 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Absolutely true!

Comment by Jamie04 – October 30, 2013 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It is true even though I dislike Lima just as much cause Blaine is there. Not looking forward to his screen hogging in NY.

Comment by Ryan – October 30, 2013 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Blaine is adorable.

Comment by adorableitellyee – October 30, 2013 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Is adorable code for obnoxious?

Comment by no he isn't – October 31, 2013 12:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • lmao so they are gonna fire the newbies getting those 2.0 versions in sure worked out of them. Blam is already going to NYC aren´t they so i guess they plus artie from lima,

Comment by candy – October 30, 2013 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does anyone care about mr. Shue and sue? I know it’s hard without Finn, but really, a high school glee club (okay, show choir) is why it’s called Glee. So are we to dwell in the dumps with Kurt and Rachel? Okay, really, I don’t care because Puck was the only reason I watched anyway.

Comment by Tahonia – October 30, 2013 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lots of shows based on high school kids eventually move on from the original premise. How well it’s done is usually where things make or break it, so to speak. When you base something on teenagers, sooner or later you have to grow with the natural progression of growing up or your show ceases to exist because there are only so many stories that can play out in a high school/teenage setting.

Comment by S – October 30, 2013 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • But it’s *called* Glee. It’s supposed to be about a high school glee club, not be a sorry Rent knockoff.

Comment by Peyton – October 30, 2013 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Then why follow characters to NY in the first place?

Comment by Trent – October 30, 2013 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • No the glee club is just a setting. The show is aobut the people and following their dreams that is why we even have a NY part.

Comment by Ian – October 30, 2013 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • actually, it is suppose to be about underdogs finding their way in the world. A Glee Club was just the setting, but does not have to be.

Comment by Cece – October 31, 2013 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I care about Shue and Sue but they don’t write them anything anyway. Ian the creator said it was about following your dreams. The choir room and the club are just a setting. The dreams are now in NY not in another competition.

Comment by truth – October 30, 2013 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want more NYC as long Blaine moves up there.

Comment by mona – October 30, 2013 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Of course he will! He’s going up there to look at colleges in episode 6.

Comment by Lucas – October 30, 2013 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes! Super excited to hear this. My boyfriend got me into the show, and I just adore him.

Comment by Marc – October 30, 2013 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • To be honest, I wasn’t thrilled with Blaine in season 3 because I love Kurt and thought it would affect his screentime. Also as a Kurt fan on tumblr, I think I was influenced by their hatred of Blaine. But I can’t help it. I turned into a big Blaine fan during the middle of season 4. Excited to see his story develop in NY.

Comment by Caitlyn – October 30, 2013 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You don’t sound like you were much of a Kurt fan in the first place if the time in which you chose to get over your dislike of Blaine was when he was moping about being a cheater and lusting over Sam.

Comment by What? – October 30, 2013 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Same! I am ambivalent about Kurt now (was a HUGE fan pre-season 4), but I prefer Blaine now. He’s just too adorable.

Comment by Melissa – October 31, 2013 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One character needs to move: Blaine Anderson

others are optional

Comment by jklm – October 30, 2013 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree! Can’t wait to see it!

Comment by Ev – October 30, 2013 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The pianoman needs to move to ny. Seriously Blaine and Darren multi-instrumentalists. Don’t let him go.

Comment by Freidaroick – October 30, 2013 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES. Do this please. This is what should have been done from the beginning, honestly.

Comment by mb – October 30, 2013 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This would be the best thing to happen to Glee since season 1. Please make this happen!

Comment by Dani – October 30, 2013 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They threw away the chance to do this last year when Cory was still around and they could have shown the initial journey of the 3 main characters — Rachel, Kurt, and Finn — going from fearing they’d be stuck in a small town to finding their dreams and proving to themselves they aren’t Lima Losers. At this point, after such a waste of last year, it’s hard to care much or have much energy, enthusiasm, or interest for anything else they do.

No matter where they set it, they’re just going to keep doing music videos featuring Blaine instead of telling interesting, compelling stories. So, whatever.

Comment by Marissa – October 30, 2013 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Truth!!

Comment by Lauren – October 30, 2013 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Season 4 and so far this season that is true. Truth hurts. Glee becomes too commercialized and repetitive, almost carbon copies of videos. There isn’t much innovative, creative, fresh, and non current event. That was a Glee standard in the beginning. I do’t care to rematch videos of some of the best stars in music today where the singing is subpar. That is my assessment of Glee’s talent now. It is nowhere as good as it once was.

Comment by NotaGleefananymore – October 30, 2013 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They should have done this last season instead of wasting time on the new underclassmen.

Comment by A – October 30, 2013 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Too little too late. They should have done this at the beginning of laat season.

Comment by jan – October 30, 2013 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If it gets will ( the teacher with boundaries ) and sue ( seriously a principal ? Off the show I’m ok with it

Comment by Joe – October 30, 2013 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pity they didn’t have the ambitions of CSI and NCIS producers, and develop both aspects. A revolving cast at Lima based on the school year, with the best graduating to NYC

Comment by cuius – October 30, 2013 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can we get more straight male characters in the New York side? Other than Brody, there hasn’t been anyone else. They’ve only introduced more gay characters like Kurt’s British fling who mysteriously disappeared, and now Adam Lambert. Demi’s character is gay too. If they bring Sam and Artie in New York, I think that would be best.

Comment by Rai – October 30, 2013 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Rachel is straight.

Comment by huh – October 30, 2013 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There’s clearly not enough straight males on television. NY doesn’t need Sam or any other straight males to make it better. Only good actors and Chord is not one of them.

Comment by Ali – October 30, 2013 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, poor straight males when will they get representation in the media? The only people who have it worse in the US are white christian males…poor babies just can’t catch a break!

Comment by Sarcasm – October 30, 2013 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh yes, we need more straight boys! There just aren’t enough of them on TV.
      Or we could just focus on ladies and Klaine. That sounds better to me. (Artie and Mike Chang are the exceptions)

Comment by Carey – October 31, 2013 10:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Called it. They were getting rid of emma and schue.
    the only logical explaination

Comment by hitherblaine – October 30, 2013 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes NYC only! So exciting. I’d rather it be Blaine-free but that isn’t happening. I’ll just settle for Sam-free instead.

So Kurt, Rachel, Santana, Blaine and Artie. They should cast another girl to make it even, she can be a love interest for Santana. Demi should be leaving soon.

Comment by Ty – October 30, 2013 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, ugh, no. I watch solely for the high school aspect and merely put up with the NYC story lines. well, that will certainly free up some room on my overloaded DVR.

Comment by Peyton – October 30, 2013 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hey we found the one person who like Lima only. Like a needle in a haystack.

Comment by u r 1 in a billion – October 30, 2013 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • lol apparently.

Comment by cumhitherblaine – October 30, 2013 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I feel like I just saw a unicorn.

Comment by Sassy – October 30, 2013 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well, there are 2 needles in this haystack. I absolutely loathed NYC last year (it’s not nearly as boring this year now that they have the diner and the upcoming “band” storyline could be fun). It was too dreary, dark, “mature” for this show. The show is at its best when it remembers that it’s a comedy which seems to only occur on the Lima side of things nowadays since Rachel and Kurt are such drama heavy characters. To be honest, the first season was absolutely the best and it revolved mostly around the adults on the show (Schue, Emma, Sue, Terri, Sandy, Ken) and not the kids. The writing was sharper and the stories more compelling. They also didn’t just randomly walk around in daydreams singing all the time and the musical numbers were confined to performances at competitions or practices in the choir room. Then again I’m 35 years old and watching the show so the adults may just appeal to me more (although I do love the performances at competitions). I would be extremely sad to see Lima go. I like the new kids. They’re better actors than most of the originals and crazy talented vocally and with dance, too.

Comment by Heather – October 30, 2013 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I don’t think season one reveler more around the adult. It was pretty even between Will as the lead adult and Rachel as the lead kid.

Yes the writers made the mistake of forgetting comedy in NY which makes no sense cause both Lea and Chris can handle it. Certainly more so than the Lima kids did.

Comment by what – October 31, 2013 12:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • call me another needle as well. I’ve consistently found the New York part of the show to be SO boring. so much of it has just been ridiculous – hello, anything scene with Sarah Jessica Parker? Rachel’s snooze of a dance class? it was mildly interesting to have the characters interacting with new people, like Brody and whoever that British guy was, but of course the writers had to drop all those story lines and have Kurt get engaged to Blaine…WHEN THEY WEREN’T EVEN TOGETHER. I think New York could work better if they kept the focus on Santana, Kurt, and Rachel, and just let them progress in life. recognize the fact that they’re not high schoolers anymore and quit retreading the same stupid shipper stories.

Comment by guest – November 8, 2013 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • And yet another needle. I did detest Brody though, and by the time the British guy got there I was switching the channel whenever a New York scene came on. I came to realize last season that my three favorite things about the show were Finn, Noah, and the McKinley group numbers. A complete move to New York would actually absolve some of my guilt over not watching regularly this year.

Comment by Desda – November 9, 2013 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The series lots it’s momentum with the graduation and the watered down time with all the characters. Had they stayed in high school or had they graduated them, like Degrassi does all the time, but spun the original stars off onto a new series they would have been better off. But they didn’t.

Instead we are watching a show where we aren’t allowed, due to screen time, a chance to fall in love with the new crop of kids and where the old guard losses character development time cause they aren’t even shifted to supporting characters in the ‘A’ plot of the week.

Increasingly broader brush strokes have defused the heart of this wonderfully quirky series.

If they still want an ensemble of characters who interact with one another and can’t bring back all of the original Glee cast (how I wish they would) I say fast forward, ala One Tree Hill, 4 years during the mid-season and bring who they want to NYC.

Put the talent ‘kids’ into NYADA as seniors. Put the alumni into the work force (Rachel on Broadway, Kurt still trying to make it, Santana kicking ass and taking names but at what cost) and find a reason for the ensemble you have to be around one another more often as a cast.

Many of my high school and college friends made that very leap so that’s not unusual to have kids with those dreams end up in the big apple.

Anything would be better than having this series stand as it does now – two thirty minute dramadies shoehorned together.

Comment by Michele – October 30, 2013 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But why even spend the money on the new kids they just haven’t caught on and it is their fault not the old kids or the writers.

Hell Santana had no writing and she made it work. Marley had the set up to be the next Rachel and couldn’t cut it.

Comment by Dex – October 31, 2013 12:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Praise the Lord!!! If the show just focused on Rachel, Kurt and Blaine, and Santana, I would be completely satisfied. Have some of the others pop in and out occasionally (Sam, Artie, and Mercedes). This honestly should have happened with the original Lima kids graduated high school!

Comment by Eric7740 – October 30, 2013 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The whole reason why Glee is so important to young people is because it shows that teenagers’ problems are important. There is still so much to explore with the younger kids that I would hate for them to disappear entirely. It would just be sad. To be honest, I care more about these new characters than the old ones because they care more about each other. They’re willing to behave as a team instead of fight over solos or throw a fit when they don’t get one. They have real, heavy problems that their friends help them get through. I love the new kids and I wish people would give them a chance.

Comment by rowan – October 30, 2013 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But they aren’t exploring them. Glee was suppose to be a dark comedy not an after school special. And why can;t they explore them with the college age students? I am in my 40′s and don’t watch for the teen problems. The 20 somethings don’t care aobut another Prom or crush.

Comment by Kelly – October 30, 2013 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • With the exception of Kitty the new kids are all boring as all get-out. I gave them a chance in the beginning but now I just skip all their scenes. They don’t have the charisma of the old ND, and the friendships in the first three seasons rang a lot more true than these new ones. Sure, the old characters had a lot of fights too, but that’s how teenagers are, and they all matured over the course of three seasons and were a real team in the end. Look at Kurt, Rachel and Santana – they used to hate each other, and now they are best friends. They’ve come a long way, and it was done in a way that was believable and gave them great character development. Watching that was way more interesting than watching bland Jacob and boring Ryder fight over pale and spineless Marley.

Comment by Laurel – November 1, 2013 04:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ryan Murphy should have done this a year and a half ago. He wasted so much time on the new characters, and none of the have taken off.
    I wish they would leave Blaine far away from NY. He’s going to suck the life out of it like he does with everything else on the show. Any character attached to Blaine on a regular basis is either minimized on the show (Kurt), or turned entirely unlikable (Sam, Tina). This show has been in steady decline since they put heavy focus on Darren Criss.

Comment by Kay – October 30, 2013 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • you serious

Comment by lydia – October 30, 2013 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen to every word you said here, Preach!!!!!

Comment by no blee – October 30, 2013 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He wanted to. He wanted a spinoff featuring New York, with Rachel, Kurt and Finn. Yet leave Glee as a show to bring new people into it… But it got leaked to the press, people freaked that Lea and folks were leaving Glee, and they backtracked and did the split focus which meant Rachel and Finn had to break up to have Finn as the anchor for Lima.

Comment by Stacey – October 30, 2013 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • And now that anchor is gone so focus on the the remaining true anchor of the show Rachel ( with Kurt and Santana).

Comment by Kathy – October 30, 2013 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The spin off was STILL a bad idea imo Rachel, Finn and Kurt were/are not enough to hold my attention for an entire new series tbh they never should have let any of the vets go.

Comment by Alice – October 30, 2013 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Santana and Blaine were pretty much destine for NY spin off too. I think Kurt and Rachel would have been enough if they had some good supporting character aorund them.

Comment by Sally – October 31, 2013 12:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree

Comment by Ali – October 30, 2013 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree 100%

Comment by Grace – October 30, 2013 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • New York was boring as hell until Santana arrived. Blaine will only bring more life and brightness to it when he gets there. Klainecheltana in the loft FTW

Comment by Carey – October 31, 2013 10:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • NYC was only boring because they got like 45 SECONDS out of a 48 MINUTE episode. MAYBE 3 minutes on a REALLY good day. Once they actually started having time (and let Kurt out of his funk.)..Makeover, Sadie Hawkins, Swan Song, I Do, Naked, Guilty Pleasures, Diva, I was ecstatic. I was bored to tears when Lima was on-screen. I’d watch it the full first viewing and then FF through Lima, unless Kurt, Rachel or Santana were there.

Comment by Stephanie – November 6, 2013 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you Thank you Thank you. Blaine sucks the life force out of any character he is associated with. I adored Kurt til he was attached to Blaine. I’m Not sorry to say that I think the actor sucks and so does the character. I stopped watching season 4, because the best actor, Finn, was sidelined as the clapper and smiler for the new characters watching them and Blaine while they were wearing their capes and acting like fools. Season 4 was the worst writing any television show has put out in many years. It was so sad to see my favorite show become an awful spectacle,watching how the general audience had declined sharply, and reading all the chat rooms where I went to to brag about my favorite show become a complaint department. Funny thing, we all stopped watching it, season 4 episode 4. When I would read that Rachel’s story turned to being a pregnancy scare with a male prostitute, I thought, what has this show stooped to. Finn got so little screen time it was a crime. Kurt was a second thought to sickening Blaine, during his love sick goo goo eyes for Sam, then he throws a huge song and dance with all the trimmings to propose to Kurt whom he hasn’t dated in months. The entire thong sucked. Kurt deserves a great guy, a mature one. Blaine has become a huge reason,not only the poor writing, but his placement and stature as a figurehead as lead. On Glee. I won’t ever accept that. Blaine is a character and a weak character. Plain, immature, music hog, poor excuse of talent. If Finn were still here and on his way to NY, then I would start watching this minute. If Blaine goes to NY and stays, then Glee still sucks and won’t be a necessity to watch. I love NY with Santana, Rachel and Kurt.

Comment by No Blee for me – November 3, 2013 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Artie and Blaine are likely already going to school in New York. Sam could easily move to New York, Tina could get in to her choice of school or concentrate on Broadway. The question is losing Shue, and the newbies. Newbies are no loss. But it would be sad to lose Shue completely… Given they will get to Graduation before the end of the fall batch, I could see the change come in April when the show comes back from it’s hiatus.

Comment by Stacey – October 30, 2013 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One big hesitation I could see for them in getting rid of Lima is Sue/Jane Lynch. She’s been consistently nominated for this role and is arguably the most well known character. Losing Lima would mean losing her. UNLESS they have Sue randomly pop up in NYC. Which, considering all the other stuff they’ve done with Sue, isn’t that far out there. Would love to see her randomly show up at the diner to the surprise of the gang. Or maybe she becomes a dance teacher at NYADA (she DID push a glee club coach down the stairs once so she could take over coaching…even though she had NO experience). Crazier things have happened!!

Comment by kd83954 – October 30, 2013 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sue has been so minimize her showing up 4 times a year would be about the same she is now. She is well known but I think Rachel and Kurt are more what people think about when they think glee.

Comment by Sue does NY – October 30, 2013 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Without Kitty this show has no interest for me anymore. Not interested in Rachel Berry anymore, haven’t been since season 2.

Comment by Oh Well – October 30, 2013 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Rachel remain the soul of glee. Her journey is the one journey that needs to be completed. PS Kitty is the only newbie worth anything though.

Comment by Rachel Berry FTW – October 30, 2013 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, I understand that, but I was hoping Kitty, my second favorite character, would stick around now that Finn is gone. :(

Comment by Oh Well – October 30, 2013 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m so sad that Kitty is only a sophomore! I wish they pulled a Blaine and magically changed her age. This way she could come over to NY with Artie!! Other than the current seniors, she’s the best thing about the Lima side!

Comment by kd83954 – October 30, 2013 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • bout damn time! NY side is the only.part of the show that is interesting anymore.

Move over Blaine, Artie and 1 girl.

Everyone else including Tina, Sam and all the new kids can leave forever. I don’t care.

Comment by lC – October 30, 2013 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would say better late than never, but my fear is that they will move the godawful “Blam” pairing to NY, and it will be more of the same- just a different location. If moving to NY means that they finally focus on Rachel, Kurt, and Santana, then I’m all for it, as these three are played by the strongest actors of the young cast. If it means transplanting Bland and the Blond airhead to NY, so they can run around in kiddie costumes and yell “Blam!” 30 time an episode, then no thanks.

Comment by melly – October 30, 2013 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah Blam is what will waste NY. If they push them back as supporting characters for the true stars Rachel and Kurt maybe, but I am sure Ryan will continue to force feed us Blam.

Comment by GA – October 30, 2013 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • there actually wasn’t all that much of them really.

Comment by weha – October 30, 2013 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Just proves how annoying they were if it seems like there was too much of them. The episode Blaine sang to Sam was like 60% Blam.

Comment by Still too much – October 30, 2013 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I think it’s an overreaction. absolutely is. So many characters on glee. there’s not enough time for all the individual characters. I think it’s a cute friendship.

Comment by blaine and sam s2 breakout stars – October 30, 2013 01:22 PM PDT
          • Yeah there’s been way too much Blam. I’m so tired of them

Comment by J – October 30, 2013 02:02 PM PDT
          • Everything Blam does just seems like filler.

Comment by lame – October 31, 2013 12:38 AM PDT
      • THIS!!!!

Comment by Cece – October 31, 2013 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Blaine, Tina, Artie

Comment by elepahn – October 30, 2013 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • or better just Artie and Tina.

Comment by orinigals – October 30, 2013 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • originals I take your point, but kinda swept along with the whole blaine thing too now. after he’s done so much prep for it, he kind of deserves it

Comment by elepahn – October 30, 2013 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • What prep nothing Blaine has done makes me wonder what is next for him. . Blaine should be a supporting character nothing more.

Comment by Seth – October 30, 2013 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Are you serious right now.

Comment by Freidaroick – October 30, 2013 12:53 PM PDT
          • Very serious Blaine is uninteresting and can’t handle the lead. He needs to be a supporting character if they are going to keep him.

Comment by Seth – October 31, 2013 12:40 AM PDT
    • They need to send Artie on a never-ending mission trip to Gutamala

Comment by Jeff – October 30, 2013 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The NY scenes are the only reason i keep watching the show, Keep some of actors, let go of the others and make the show interesting again, please Fox.

Comment by D. – October 30, 2013 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It would be very easy to move Mr Schue. He almost took a Broadway role once, didn’t he? Well now he could take one. Or have that DC job he had become something permanent based out of NY. As for Sue they don’t know what to do with her and surely Jane Lynch will get work. I hope they give Artie a lot to do at the Brooklyn film school he is supposedly going to. Feel bad for the newbies but if they’re truly talented will get roles elsewhere. I definitely believe the time for Lima and HS in the show is over.

Comment by Robin – October 30, 2013 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But Shue is married. Unless they move Emma to but only off screen. I guess they could move Will. Since I could see him getting a New York job.

Comment by Stacey – October 30, 2013 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kitty and Blaine and Artie
    Although, kitty is not graduating

Comment by iheartwilde – October 30, 2013 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d be happy with this if Mr. Schue and Sue tagged along. I love them still.

Comment by Esaul – October 30, 2013 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HOW CAN THEY GET RID OF SUE?

Comment by iheartwilde – October 30, 2013 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Easy she hardly does anyhtng now. Have her guest a few time a season.

Comment by Seth – October 30, 2013 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This should excite me but I’m feeling nothing. They really can’t do anything to save this show but I still love Rachel and Santana so I’ll catch their scenes online. Although if this is true they’ll now be littered with Blaine making things unbearable as always.

Comment by Grace – October 30, 2013 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • what’s your beef with the old blainey days. he’s a hard worker.

Comment by florence. – October 30, 2013 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So? Doesn’t make him a compelling character.

Comment by Wendy – October 30, 2013 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • uh yes it does?

Comment by florence – October 30, 2013 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • ? I will answer that, no it doesn’t make him compelling cause He work hard.

Comment by ga – October 31, 2013 12:44 AM PDT
          • But he does NOT work hard. He says he does not have to because the scripts are so good he just says what it tells him to say.

Comment by Cece – October 31, 2013 01:56 PM PDT
  • Real life changes all the time. Follow the NYC characters on with their pursuits and iclude ADAM and DEMI! It will be great.

Comment by Linda Hays – October 30, 2013 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Omg yes, ditch rachel, kurt and santana and hire Demi and Adam!

Comment by flawless – October 30, 2013 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Why would you ditch the stars of the show? The reason there even is a NY.

Comment by Saq – October 30, 2013 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I would not ditch anyone in the NY cast. Just Add Demi and Adam for some new and exciting (I promise Adam will add that). Maybe bring 1 or two more to NY. Life changes all the time and people move and change. This would be an entirely new phase of their “growing up”, learning about the real world.

Comment by Linda Hays – October 30, 2013 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank goodness, the sheer size of the cast was getting almost impossible to keep up with. Focusing on a much smaller group in NYC would give them time to actually tell stories again instead of doing brief check-ins with people all over the place.

Comment by Bree (@BeaBree) – October 30, 2013 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post