Celebrity Apprentice In Limbo: Is NBC Ever Bringing The Donald Back?

Celebrity Apprentice CancelledDonald Trump is in no danger of getting fired by NBC.

Despite the fact that the Peacock network has yet to order a new edition of Celebrity Apprentice, NBC’s head of alternative programming, Paul Telegdy, insists the show will eventually go on.

“We are on track to produce The Celebrity Apprentice as always planned,” Telegdy insisted in a statement, “coordinating among New York City weather conditions, sponsor needs, and celebrities’ schedules.”

RELATED | Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on NCIS, The Mentalist, Bones, Grey’s, Castle, Criminal Minds and More

Eyebrows were raised last May when NBC announced a schedule that, for the first time in a decade, did not include an Apprentice edition. The network maintained at the time that although the show was on the bubble, preliminary casting on a new season was underway.

VIDEO | Reality Check: Best of The Voice‘s Battle Rounds! Plus: Are the Coaches Screwing Up the ‘Steal’?

Now, five months later, the show has still not been renewed. And even if NBC was to formally order a new edition, the earliest CA could get on the air at this point is late spring/early summer.

At the Television Critics Assoc. press tour last summer, Telegdy faced questions about whether Trump’s off screen antics were consistent with NBC’s ideals. “We live in a country where free speech is entirely supported,” he said. “He’s in the business of creating his own headlines and we’re in the business of creating our own.”

Comments (62)

• In response to the headline – I hope not!!!

Comment by amadeline – October 25, 2013 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree!

Comment by arial2 – October 25, 2013 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hate that show…if any version of The Apprentice needs to be brought back, its the original. Especially since so many people need jobs, you’d think THAT would be the best show on TV but of course Donald Trump has to bring in celebrities and have them compete for “charity” but what kind of “charity” show has them acting like a bunch of idiots

Comment by newinkpop – October 26, 2013 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Umm…you DO know they brought back one of those editions three years ago and it miserably failed right? That’s why they cancelled normal apprentice in favor for celebrity apprentice for good

Comment by Vince – November 14, 2013 10:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The Celebrity version is much better than the original Apprentice. The original show had nothing short of spoiled brats with huge egos and a sense of entitlement.
        At least the Celebrity version benefits those who are in need by contributing to charities.

Comment by Ro – February 9, 2014 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Will it be Apprentice or a run for POTUS? Let’s hope it’s Apprentice…though his antics are quite entertaining.

Comment by Cheryl Wigder-Hunt – January 25, 2014 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I just got email apprentice cast will be named in the next week ! :-)

Comment by Barbie – January 25, 2014 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • GALD APPRENTICE MAY BE COMING BACK. GOOD TO HEAR THEY GOT THE 2014 CAST! ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS ON. KEEP DONALD TRUMP ON.

Comment by Melody Powell – February 2, 2014 05:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • HereS the CAST:-)
            Celebrity Apprentice 2014 Cast: K Michelle, Kenya Moore, Lindsay Lohan, Gordon Ramsey, Scott Disik, Snooki & More

Producer Mark Burnett has allegedly revealed the cast for the new season of Celebrity Apprentice…. This season looks like it just might be the best one yet!

Men:

Kenya Moore

Leah Michelle

Holly Madison

Snooki

About these ads

Related
            Kenya Moore Might Be A New Cast Member On “Real Housewives Of Atlanta!”In “Obnoxious Report! Rumors, Gossip, Street Committee, etc.”

The Real Housewives Of Atlanta Are Back!In “Obnoxious Exclusive!”

Mr. Obnoxious Recap Of Real Housewives Of Atlanta Reunion Show!In “Obnoxious on The Red Carpet!”

Comment by Barbie – February 2, 2014 06:01 PM PDT
  • Don’t like it? Don’t watch it. That’s the mature response, anyway
    I look forward to a new season whenever it comes.

Comment by Bobby – October 25, 2013 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No the mature response is to allow people to express their opinion, even when it’s not the same as yours..

Comment by suzi – October 27, 2013 08:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • suzi stop being a toadstool please.

Comment by Brenda – November 1, 2013 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hope not. Way passed it’s prime

Comment by Ed – October 25, 2013 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Replace Donald Trump and I will watch

Comment by Liz – October 25, 2013 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope that the show is not renewed. I no longer watch the show.

Comment by liz McQueen – October 25, 2013 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you don’t watch it then why does it matter to you if it gets renewed or not?

Comment by Keith – October 26, 2013 07:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Because narcissists believe if they don’t like the show, nobody does.

Comment by Roberta Metalious – December 18, 2013 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Love the show and hope it returns soon. The ones that don’t like it are probably watching trash like “Bring it On” where girls make fools of themselves.

Comment by Mary – March 13, 2014 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Their family screwed themselves over with Donald’s mouth and feuds and the African kills constantly!

Comment by DavidSask – October 25, 2013 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • After yet another terrible scene I’ve switched over to watching Apprentice UK and enjoyed if far more than the last five or six seasons of the US version.

Comment by Renaak – October 25, 2013 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How do you access the UK version?

Comment by Priamsdaughter – January 20, 2014 01:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really hope it may very well be the end for Celebrity Apprentice and the Donald. What does this mean for NBC Sunday night line up if Believe and Crisis are staying put on that night?

Comment by Tran 2.0 – October 25, 2013 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Quit putting this clown on tv. How about rebooting the show with some CEO who isn’t a complete freakshow?

Comment by Paul – October 25, 2013 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t realize that this show still got the ratings it needed to be viable for the tv schedule. When I lost total respect for Donald I lost total interest in the show.

Comment by Kim R – October 25, 2013 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Give him a seltzer bottle and a rubber nose and he’d be a perfect clown. Please cancel this show.

Comment by Linderella – October 25, 2013 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope not. I never want to see that man on television again.

Comment by Bobby Milford – October 25, 2013 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He is pretty easy to avoid

Comment by Keith – October 26, 2013 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not even embarrassed that I like this show. Hope it gets renewed!

Comment by Babybop – October 25, 2013 06:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please don’t put Vidal Buffoon back to my teevee. Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase!

Comment by Tim – October 25, 2013 09:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Suggestion for NBC: dump Trump and renew Crossing Lines (which filled the 10 PM Sunday slot this summer), but this time let viewers know it’s there. Its European producers have already approved a second season, so it’s not like NBC will have to foot all the costs of producing it.

Comment by arial2 – October 25, 2013 10:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I prefer the regular Apprentice to the Celebrity one, it’s much more interesting.

Comment by Ella – October 27, 2013 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have always enjoyed The Apprentice, celebrity and otherwise. I would love for it to come back. I am always in anticipation of it!

Comment by Michelle – October 28, 2013 07:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I certainly hope that NBC finally sees that Trump is a bonehead. It’s time to put that show…and Trump out to pasture.

Comment by Aaron F Smith – October 28, 2013 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Come on guys…I want Celebrity Apprentice back, and Donald Trump back as well. Come on, Celebrity Apprentice and Donald Trump go together. If not with Donald Trump, forget Celebrity Apprentice or the Apprentice for that matter. How can people forget how much Trump did for them and the City of New York is beyond me.

Comment by Den – October 28, 2013 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Please bring Donald Trump and the Celebrity Apprentice Back. I enjoy the show and I miss it a lot! It’s an awesome show! I don’t like the NBC programming that’s on right now, so I do not watch anything on the channel that much. Also pleeeeeeeeeease bring back Deal or No Deal with Howie Mandel!

Comment by Julie Shipman – March 27, 2014 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok I LOVE the show, I usually hate the results and dont always agree with who he fires, but the interaction of people with different personalities is always so interesting to watch, its my favorite show. Donald Trump may be controversial whatever, but it is HIS show, and hes not the only one in it, what about Ivanka and his kids? Quit whining, u hate donald more than the show itself, shut up.

Comment by Jakklrentice – December 8, 2013 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know its gonna be renewed cos it is :) but now i just want to know who the celebrities are :) i want Raven Symone and Marisa Tomei :) those two females would make the show more interesting i tell u that ! But there has 2 be a villain .. So obviously they should hire Brandi Glanville bcos shes a Fake bitc* like Honestly .. She’ll make the show more entertaining tbh . And the males should be : Jim Carrey cos of his humour and Jackie Chan.. He needs yo be on !! :) but thats just my opinion.

Comment by Tua – December 22, 2013 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLEASE renew the show…..I love that show and was so looking forward to the 2014 season.

Comment by Alice – January 5, 2014 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Apprentice! Hope it gets renewed! Waiting so long though is always a good way to kill a program in my opinion!

Comment by Steve – January 5, 2014 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the apprentice and Donald Trump. I have been waiting to watch the new season. I hope they bring it back.

Comment by Karen Wilcox – January 6, 2014 05:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love watching the Donald and I love the Apprentice and the Celebrity Apprentice too. I have always chosen the Apprentice that Donald chose too. It’s great TV. (better than the silly sitcoms and violent shows. I’m a fan of Regs Philbin too. So make sure he guest stars on it again. You brought him on the final live episode one season. He is great!

Comment by barbie – January 22, 2014 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • C’mon NBC, renew Celebrity Apprentice already! People shouldn’t let their political views interfere with good entertainment. If you don’t like it, don’t watch it, period. It’s not all about the ‘D’ man, it’s also about social interaction and charity work. I look forward to every new season and wish people would lighten up a little and enjoy the show or just change the channel!

Comment by Bruno – January 12, 2014 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The show has done more good with contributions to worthy causes. A whole lot better than the many violent and inappropriate TV shows.

Comment by D. Dogperson – January 18, 2014 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by barbie – January 22, 2014 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Donald trump is one of the best entertainers on tv!!! They got rid of Regis Philemon. Don’t let them do it to donald trump!

Comment by Barbara sumpter – January 29, 2014 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • After Donald setting it up last year for Trace Atkins to win ~ when he didn’t deserve to. I will never watch it again, anyway. The only people who don’t believe that are die-hard Atkins fans. Anyone who was ‘neutral’ like me, could see the writing on the wall. Trace even indicated that he was going to win by various things he said. I hope this show burns!

Comment by Scarllett – January 31, 2014 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Apprentice is a great show. Donald Trump says what he believes, so that irritates those who believe differently. Sorry, not everyone loves liberals and their hatefulness.

Comment by Nena Robbins – January 31, 2014 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Apprentice is a great show. And Donald Trump makes it. HE HAS HELP A LOT OF CHARITY. Please bring the Show back.

Comment by Melody Powell – February 2, 2014 05:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope they do bring back the apprentice it is one of the best reality shows i watch, next to survivor and amazing race. Bring back the Donald he is the best because he does say what he feels and not sugar coat it. Carla K

Comment by carla – February 5, 2014 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love CA but when Gary Busey was on I just almost screamed. It is enough to make me not watch an entire season and I am a huge fan of the show. I think it is great to have opinionated opponents after all the adversity is the heart of the show, but to have idiots who are beyond annoying is not good business.

Comment by Fran – February 14, 2014 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am a HUGE fan of The Donald! Always watch Celebrity Apprentice. Would be thrilled for 2014 announcement,. HOWEVER, No Way would Gordon Ramsay (Chef Ramsay) participate — he is nearly SuperHuman, So it wouldn’t be fair to the others. Not to mention, he has 3 Excellent shows of his own on FOX, and all those restaurants! I am certain he has other/more urgent things to do! Celeb. Apprentice cast is Always an interesting mix, and finding out who REALLY will be on is something to look forward to!

Comment by Debra Disney – February 17, 2014 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will be watching it always have and will continue. Thanks Donald

Comment by Dora Williams – February 18, 2014 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think they need to go back to the original format. However, even though I am a HUGE Trump fan, there needs to be a different hosts. To me, the perfect hosts would be Mark Cuban.

Comment by Justin – February 20, 2014 09:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Mark Cuban, You’re Hired.

Comment by Justin – February 20, 2014 09:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just give us new season !!! I also like original “business” Apprentice better because then Trump can go medieval !

Cheers from Croatia !!

Comment by SteveO – February 22, 2014 02:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for this show to come back!!

Comment by Stinky Feet Lover – March 2, 2014 05:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love, Love, Celebrity Apprentice, really looking forward to the show,,Please bring it back soon,,

Comment by Mary Hall – March 4, 2014 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great line-up.. can’t wait,, Love it Donald!!

Comment by Mary H. – March 4, 2014 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss seeing the Apprentice..Can’t wait till it comes on…I love the twist and turns and challenges…The competitiveness of all the guests..It’s a great learning tool for anyone in sales…or business..Lot of good ideas..Never boring..Great show..can’t eair to watch it..PLEASE PUT IT BACK ON! This has been a long winter we need some Apprentice!

Comment by Marium – March 7, 2014 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post