Ratings: CBS Holds Steady Versus World Series, Super Fun Night Flat, Arrow Dips, SVU Drops

Ratings CSI World SeriesCBS’ Wednesday crime dramas failed to get beaned by Fox’s World Series coverage.

Opening the Eye’s night, Survivor — with 9.4 million total viewers and a series-low 2.3 rating, per finals — shed some eyeballs but was flat in the demo as Game 1 was just getting underway. Criminal Minds (11.5 mil/2.7) held steady in the demo while scoring its largest audience since March 20.

Similarly, CSI‘s 300th episode (10.4 mil/2.1) copped its largest audience since April 10 and inched up a tenth in the demo.

With 14.4 million viewers and a 4.2 rating, Fox’s World Series coverage was up some 16 percent versus last year’s Giants/Tigers Game 1. (12.2 mil/3.6).

NBC’s dramas, however, took a hit. After Revolution delivered a 5.0/1.4 (dipping in audience but steady in the demo), SVU’s Weiner riff (5.5 mil/1.4) sagged more than 20 percent. Ironside‘s final episode capped the night with 3.9 mil and a 0.8, down two tenths.

RELATED | Revolution First Look: Doctor Zeljko Ivanek Is In

Over on ABC, The Middle (8.2 mil/2.2) was flat, Back in the Game (6.2 mil/1.7) dipped two tenths, Modern Family (10.3 mil/3.9) dropped two tenths and Super Fun Night (6 mil/2.1) held steady, its first instance of not sliding week-to-week. Nashville matched last week’s 5.5 mil/1.6.

RELATED | Kim Roots’ Nashville Recap: Rayna’s Back, Y’All!

The CW’s Arrow (2.8 mil/0.9) was down two tenths in the demo, while The Tomorrow People (1.9 mil/0.7, per finals) ticked down one tenth.

RELATED | Way Ghul: Arrow Drops a Couple of Big Names

1. HeatherC says:

Do you have Nashville’s ratings? Thanks as always for the wonderful TV coverage! =)

2. shuayb says:

Wow. CBS did really good considering…. I think a good reason was that they were doing milestone episodes. CSI’s 300th episode and Hotch and Hailey ep on criminal minds.

3. Katherine215 says:

I wish more people were watching Revlolution. It was really funny last night, which is not something I expect to say with that show. But Miles was especially quippy. I’m really enjoying the season.

4. Boiler says:

I wouldn’t think anyone shoujld panic over last night. The World Series I am guessing, impacted many habits. When is the last time Fox got 14.5 million people to watch something on Wednesday?

5. wrstlgirl says:

I enjoyed last nights Nashville more than I have any of the other episodes this season mostly because Juliette wasn’t being a complete shrew. Other than that and Survivor everything else is on the dvr.

6. LK says:

I’m always skeptical that the “ratings” really reflect what people are watching… All they really measure is how many people with nielsen boxes in their homes are watching the shows… Not really an accurate reading and tends to skew more towards a certain demographic/

7. Zach says:

Really, people need to watch more Back in the Game! Easily the funniest new show on ABC. Trophy Wife can suck it, Super Fun Night would be helpless without its timeslot, Back in the Game is just plain awesome.

• Jen says:

I watched Back in the Game last night for the first time and liked it. I’ll give it another chance. Disagree with you on Trophy Wife though – I think it’s quite funny. Super Fun Night I don’t like at all. They need to just move Trophy Wife to Wed night and they’ll have a good lineup!

8. Jared says:

I’m sure Arrow/Tomorrow People share a lot of the same audience as the World Series.

9. B says:

I hope The CW cancels TTP and Reign and keeps The Originals.

• Britt says:

Why would you hope that they cancel a show. If you don’t like it fine, but other people do. Plus a lot of people’s jobs depend on these shows doing well.

• wrstlgirl says:

Sounds pretty selfish doesn’t it. Sheesh. I’ll bet if someone posted “I hate The Originals, I hope it tanks” they wouldn’t like it much :-)

• wrstlgirl says:

If you don’t like them just don’t watch them. Why do you hope they are canceled? Others may be enjoying them.

10. LDSK says:

Great for Criminal Minds and CSI!

11. PPPG says:

I really wanted to like Tomorrow People; the premise appealed to me. But so far they’ve spent 90-95% of each episode revolving around Ultra. I miss the Buffy days when the multi/seasonal arc took at most 5-10% of an episode, but the individual weekly story took the rest.

• STFYR says:

Try CBS. It’s a whole network for people who find it difficult to follow a storyline from week to week.

• PPPG says:

Those are called “procedurals”. I’m saying 95% of show out there with the over riding arcs. I don’t mijnd shows having them, but I miss episodic. I just dislike drama; I have enough of that in life. And don’t say, “difficult to follow a storyline” … I was reading books in Kindergarten,;Christie, Doyle, Dickens, Wells before 3rd….

• tp says:

I”m feeling the same way about TTP. The Ultra plot is just too much for me. I want to stick around to see if things change ala Arrow and BATB. Right now, it’s just not holding my interest.

12. beth says:

I want to like super fun night, but it’s pretty hard to watch :( rebel wilson’s american “accent” is just bad.

13. DavidSask says:

Law Order SVU was snoozefest and I am thinking I am going to quit Tomorrow People its just not engaging show! Super Fun Night should not exist!

14. Tom Charles says:

*Sighs* Super Fun Night is not going away. It’s like Whitney.

• Jen says:

Completely agree. ABC touted Rebel Wilson the same way NBC did Whitney Cummings; making it seem like she’s this refreshing comedic actress. Now they don’t want to admit the mistake.

15. David4 says:

World Series was awesome. Can’t wait for tonight. I hope the rookie pitcher tonight at least knows how to catch a pop-up. Or maybe I don’t, let’s make it 10 World Series games in a row Red Sox!

16. venus says:

can you tell me what the cast of TNT LEVERAGE is doing? Are any of them on any new shows or doing fims? Does TNT plan to do a spin off of the 3 characters of Hardison, elloit and Parker. I love Leverage and hated the way TNT let go of the show, should have given it a better send off.