Report: ABC May Exhume Body of Proof

Body of Proof Renewed Season 4Rigor mortis perhaps hasn’t quite set in with Body of Proof.

With Lucky 7 already cashed out and its other non-S.H.I.E.L.D. freshman dramas struggling, ABC may resurrect the cancelled procedural, our sister site Deadline reports.

RELATED | Scoop: Breaking Bad Villainess Joins ABC’s Limited Series Black Box

Talks of the possible plucking-from-the-ashes are said to have started at the start of this TV season, and a final decision could come within the next month, as the likes of Betrayal and Wonderland either stabilize (or even rise), or slide further.

At this stage, it’s unclear who all — Dana Delany? Mark Valley? Gravedigger Michael Ausiello? — could be brought back for any possible Season 4.

RELATED | Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Grey’s, Bones, Coven, Sons, Psych, Carrie, Vampire Diaries and More

Body of Proof, during its rejiggered third season, averaged 10.4 million total viewers and a 1.9 demo rating, with its out-of-season finale drawing 7.6 mil/1.2.

Wonderland with its second telecast dropped to 4.5 mil and a 1.2, while Betrayal this Sunday ticked up to 3.6 mil and a 0.9. Scandal repeats currently filling the Tuesdays-at-10 void aka BOP‘s old home have averaged about 2.8 mil and a 0.8.

Would you like to see Body of Proof back on your telly?

Comments (195)

• So they are going to cancel low rated shows and then resurrect a low rated show and put it back on the air? Yeah, that makes sense. Honestly, Body of Proof isn’t going to perform any better now if they resurrect it than it did when it was on the air. The ratings will still be the same or heck, they may even go lower. I just don’t get the point of resurrecting a show that was cancelled for low ratings. They are stupid if they actually go through with this.

Comment by Eric – October 22, 2013 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agreed!! I guess they would rather have a low rated show that already has a fan base? times must be tough over at ABC!

Comment by Elyse – October 22, 2013 06:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’d rather they bring back Human Target, Mark Valley’s other show.

Comment by Stormy – October 23, 2013 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Me too, except I believe that was on Fox…….

Comment by Linda – October 23, 2013 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’ll take Mark Valley any way I can get him!

Comment by Sue – October 25, 2013 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yes, Human Target was a good show. But ABC does not have a good track record; they always cancel the good and interesting shows and keep that ones that don’t have much content.

Comment by P.Bright – February 15, 2014 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I would really like for ABC to give body of proof another chance.

Comment by Joann – January 21, 2014 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree. How can they cancel a show with Dana Delaney and Jeri Ryan? Other shows that weren’t anywhere near as good have come back. If the excuse was that they didn’t think the show would grow, how many other shows limped along(Example: The Good Wife, which was almost cancelled last year) before they took off? If the show needs better writers, go get them.

Comment by worthymagic – February 6, 2014 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Body of Proof did perform better than some of the new shows though. Will they retain the ratings or do better? Who knows. But they do need to find something to repair some of the poor ratings it has.

Comment by Esaul – October 22, 2013 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • brin body of proof back. it was one of the best shows on tv.

Comment by vic buon – October 27, 2013 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • +1 PLZ BRING IT BACK

Comment by KOROVESIS CHAR – October 31, 2013 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • They should bring it back

Comment by Mikey – November 26, 2013 11:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree! I loved that show, and I miss it. Bring it back!

Comment by Courtney – December 11, 2013 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • i say bring it back. i just got into it on line and it is way better then some other shows… all there s on now is stupid reality tv which is not real reality.

Comment by marie – January 23, 2014 10:38 PM PDT
      • What is wrong with these kind of shows is they have a great start then they try to compete with similar shows. I never tired of Quincy. I enjoy the science and if they would show the hows and why and not demonic or voodoo etc. they might fair better. We have enough serial killers but the many unsolved cases should give them plenty of sorce material. The third season was not your best. But the man who spread the dease that took two episodes was so interesting. it’s a reallity that could happen. Mix Quincy and Diagnosis Murder and they could have a resurgence, since most shows are really not new just changed enough to keep us there.

Comment by Lynn Lyons – November 12, 2013 10:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I wish you would put body of proof back ,and also the soaps amc and oltl ,the chew is so stupid and them comedy shows is awful. I’m not watching and many more are with me!!!!! No wonder your ratings are down and will stay down till you put descent shows back ON!!!!!!

Comment by Brenda – December 31, 2013 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It might have been on the lower end of the rating totem pole, but it still outperformed the shows it would replace… by a wide margin. Plus the show had a following that would like to see it return. So it probably wouldn’t be as bad of a move as keeping the existing ones on the air.

Comment by jmanphx – October 22, 2013 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I can’t disagree, but personally, I wouldn’t mind having it back.

Comment by TV Gord – October 22, 2013 06:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sounds like an excuse for low ratings, but BoP had a large veiwership, but low rating, Wonderland is already pulling a 1.2 but with 5 million viewers, BoP pulled a 1.2, but 7.5 million viewers, maybe that had something to do with it. This move is confusing.

Comment by Mike R. – October 22, 2013 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Before ABC stupidly cancelled it it had 10+million and 1.9

Comment by Boiler – October 22, 2013 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Definiely bring it back! Much better than some of the new shows!

Comment by C – October 23, 2013 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Body of Proof is probably a lot cheaper than Wonderland, so from that perspective it’s a fair idea.

Comment by Alex – October 22, 2013 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Makes you wonder just how badly they’re struggling with their other shows. (Very, apparently.)

Comment by Dee – October 22, 2013 09:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yup. Ah, the (not so) fresh smell of desperation. The new formula was crap anyway, why would any fan want it back? I wish FlashForward and V could have been given the opportunity to return back then. Oh wait — they were not procedurals or medicals shows… lol. Never change ABC. Never change.

Comment by Olivia – October 22, 2013 11:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Sorry Olivia but I disagree. I hated FlashForward and V was not that great.
          Body of Proof was averaging almos 10 million viewers by the end of the season and the addition of Mark Valley was a big reason. I happen to like procedurals and based on the success of NCIS and the Law and Order series I think there are many others who feel the same way. My husband loved V and tolerated FlashForward but I don’t believe they were universally loved.

Comment by chistosa – October 23, 2013 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Hence the “I wish”. As in “my own opinion” haha.

Comment by Olivia – October 23, 2013 03:54 PM PDT
      • Really? Have you actually been following the other ABC shows? Yes Betrayal & Wonderland are struggling. But Agents of SHEILD, DWTS, Castle, Modern Family, Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal are all doing fine thank you. Stop making misinformed comments.
        Yes BoP was struggling for ratings in its final season but part of this blame goes to ABC for ruining the schedule plus spreading cancellation rumors even before S3 began. They even aired S3 ten months after the S2 finale!
        So instead of blaming the shows blame ABC, cause they can be very unprofessional sometimes, and this unprofessionalism can ruin shows. A prime example is their attitude towards ‘Castle’ which in its 6th season averages close to 12 million viewers a week so far, but still receives the least amount of publicity I’ve ever seen towards a show that performs so well. Despite such mistreatment & lack of support, thankfully the show has gone from strength to strength thanks to its viewers.
        So just because you didn’t watch or liked a show doesn’t mean others did too.

Comment by Rich Abey – October 23, 2013 02:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It’s a matter of economics. Castle has a solid core fanbase that will show up no matter what. Also, it’s been on for 6 years so if it hasn’t picked up more viewers by now it’s not going to. Why in the world would ABC waste money on advertising for the show when they could spend that money on other shows that really need it. In a way, it’s a backhanded complement. ABC knows they can count on Castle so they don’t worry about it. As for mistreatment, you got six seasons which is a heck of a lot more that other shows got.

Comment by Jax – October 23, 2013 03:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Actually Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D is not doing that well in the ratings. It has gone down significantly each week from the premiere and last night was it’s worse night yet,

Comment by chistosa – October 23, 2013 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • SHIELD has dropped each of its appearances, but not “significantly”. It got a full season order, so I would guess they will run it a full season, and if it does not stabilize it will be one and done.

Comment by Charles Dexter Ward – October 27, 2013 07:01 AM PDT
    • Low rated??? It’s only problem was that it wasn’t high in the demos, with its near 2.0, that’s something abc would kill for now.

Comment by Tom – October 23, 2013 07:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I respectfully disagree. BODY OF PROOF is worth another shot. The reboot was not good, agreed, but the concept is there for something good. If it goes ahead, the producers need to laser-focus the core concept and stick with it… procedural? character study? romcom? I say keep BODY OF PROOF very real in its depiction of police/ME work (in that cable TV way) and you just may see a hit.

Comment by Iakovos – October 23, 2013 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • bring back body of proof it was interesting

Comment by Mary Peloso – October 24, 2013 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Bring back Body Of Proof — it is a great show. get rid of Bachelor and Dancing with the Stars which are stupid and rigged shows, Modern Family the Neighbors and trophy wife too

Almost any good show goes away before it gets a chance. I am surprised they kept Once upon a Time because I liked them.

Oh wait the networks only care if you are between 19-45 anyone older doesn’t count even thought we buy products more and advise on buying products

I have been watching more on Lifetime, CW and TNT the last few years because their shows stay a bit more and they have semester type seasons. So you see one set of shows for X amount of weeks then the next set of shows, then another back to to the first set..

Comment by LongTimeFan – March 16, 2014 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The alphabet network doesn’t have the finest leadership in television, that’s for sure. It makes a lot of decisions that are head scratchers. At this point there would be significant restart costs; the sets have been dismantled by now and the crew and cast have moved on. If they’re going to bring it back for a year, and if they have to replace a lot of the people, it will fail, because people who want to watch it will also want it unchanged.

Comment by Charles Dexter Ward – October 27, 2013 07:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would watch BOF over some of the current shows….and I did watch it and not Betrayal and the other shows mentioned.

Comment by j – October 29, 2013 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love body of proof and want it to return. I watched every single week and never missed an episode. I also loved it inside. Why do the good shows give taken off and the stupid shows stay.

Comment by christine – November 10, 2013 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Heck it’s not as low rating as half the other shows, ABC caters to a niche audience with all it’s shows so naturally the ratings will be lower than other broadcasters because only certain people watch each show. Body of proof to my belief adds that extra flare to things such as CSI, I mean let’s take that for example, how the heck did CSI survive their Miami season!? – The most predictable season of all, at least in body of proof you get a story that is hard to unravel and keeps you glued…

- Anyone complaining about low ratings (I apologise for my saying this, but it’s quite hard not to) is simply brainless.

Comment by Redpup – January 9, 2014 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I really,really liked Body of Proof and I hope they bring it back and dump some of those crummy reality shows.

Comment by ms. dale walkinshaw – January 14, 2014 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hi From wet & windy UK We love the show IT SHOULD BE BACK! its ten times better then some of our stupid programs we have here. I like the fire-ry Lady Dana Delany.

MORE! More please

Comment by Shirley – January 15, 2014 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope they see Wonderland through it’s whole season.
    They said it was a self-contained story so it can work as that. Characters from that show (Naveen as Jafar, please) can also then crop up on the Once mothership if that works in with the story.

Comment by ben – October 22, 2013 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope so too. Also, if they decide to do this spinoff thing again (I really hope they do!), it can be Neverland-based. Have the Darlings and Robbie Kay back as Peter Pan. Maybe show us young Bae’s time there and have Hook pop in and guest star when not needed in the mother show. I think there would be a lot of potential for a Neverland spinoff. It may even be more successful than Wonderland.

Comment by abz – October 22, 2013 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Something tells me they won’t be doing it again, which is a shame, but the Wonderland ratings are far lower than I think anyone would have anticipated.

Comment by ben – October 22, 2013 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They really killed Wonderland by deciding to ignore the original plan they had set out of the series- to air in the winter gap between new episodes of flagship Once. They decided to launch it on the most crowded night of the week, in the same time slot that they’ve historically had trouble with. Then there’s the fact that flagship Once has been failing for a while, and…. well, you start to wonder how ABC ever thought Wonderland was going to be a good idea in the first place.

Comment by Jon – October 22, 2013 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It was a good idea as a summer show.

Comment by ben – October 22, 2013 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think they killed Wonderland with that terrible-looking promo. I almost had my husband talked into trying it out, until he saw that. He looked at me and asked what kind of low-budget crap that was. Neither of us had any interest in watching it after that, and what I’ve seen from the show has done nothing but back up our initial opinion. OUaT was so successful because it was well-done, this looked (and felt) slapped together.

Comment by Kristina – October 23, 2013 06:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I wish it had stayed as a show that would air during Once’s winter hiatus. I actually really like the show aside of the obvious miscasting of the Red Queen. Thursday night just isn’t a good night. I thought if they weren’t going to do the hiatus plan, putting it after SHIELD would’ve been a good choice. Although, SHIELD goes down every week, so ABC is in trouble this year.

Comment by Mikael – October 23, 2013 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • While I’m not sure how much better, I still think they should have given it Revenge’s slot, and moved Revenge to 10pm. Did they think too consecutive hours of fairy tales were too much. They were sending off to die in their death slot, which has only gotten more killer the bigger BBT gets. It should played during OUAT’s hiatus, but they could have at least given a half-way decent time slot. I think they’ll play it out, they don’t have anything to replace all their failed dramas.

Comment by Mike R. – October 22, 2013 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i never understood why it was cancelled in the first place with those numbers

Comment by nicky – October 22, 2013 06:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The demo rating was really low- 1.9.

Comment by Kat – October 22, 2013 07:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ABC is dreaming for a 1.9 right now, none of its new dramas sans SHIELD are getting that number, and two of its old shows are lucky to get a 1.9 these days. Nashiville and Revenge have plummeted this season, and I wouldn’t be surprised if OUAT is hitting 1.9s by Spring. ABC needs help, not sure BoP will help, but if it is able to pull 1.9, that is considered a success.

Comment by Mike R. – October 22, 2013 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Are you kidding me? Castle, Scandal, Grey’s Anatomy, OUAT, Modern Family & SHEILD have all averaged at least a 2.2 or better rating this season so far!

Comment by Rich Abey – October 23, 2013 02:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • MF is a sitcom, not a drama. And he specified new dramas- Castle, GA especially are quite old. Except for the heavily hyped and marketed AoS, all their new dramas- Betrayal, Lucky 7 & Wonderland are dead on arrival. Nashville, Revenge are probably going to be cancelled after this season. 2.0 in the demo and 10m viewers is nothing for ABC to sneer at, especially as BoP could go into syndication and start making them more money sooner than new shows…

Comment by Apples – October 23, 2013 05:37 AM PDT
          • Oh, and I love Castle, but it is averaging 2.08 this season.

Comment by Apples – October 23, 2013 06:10 AM PDT
        • By SPRING, OUAT could be hitting 1.9s by next week.

Comment by courts – October 23, 2013 06:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now please bring back Happy Endings and Brothers and Sisters.

Comment by rod – October 22, 2013 06:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Aww, a Brothers & Sisters Thanksgiving/Christmas special would be much appreciated, after five seasons that abrupt ending was a slap in the face of loyal viewers. I don’t think the high-profile cast could commit to more than a two-hour special…but boy, would that be great or what ?

Comment by mantua – October 22, 2013 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I wonder if the cast would do it though. I think they were pretty upset with ABC, but then again, they might do it for the fans.

Still haven’t watched the last season, just because I know I’ll be left hanging anyway.

Comment by JON – October 22, 2013 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It would be a nice gesture from ABC and some great press, something they definitely need now that their new shows are struggling (yes, I sugarcoated) and even their old hits don’t really feel like hits anymore (Revenge, Once Upon a Time, Nashville).
          I’m 25, I’ve been a loyal ABC viewer since they struck gold in 2004/2005 with the Desperate Housewives/Lost/Grey’s Anatomy trio, I stuck with them even after they cancelled three of the most promising short-lived shows in recent years (Pushing Daisies, Dirty Sexy Money, Eli Stone) and to this day I remain a loyal viewer of Modern Family, Grey’s Anatomy, Castle, Scandal, Nashville, Revenge and even Trophy Wife (which with its spot-on, high-profile cast and great sense of humor, should be paired with Modern Family). Long story short as a loyal viewer, I would very much appreciate if they did something specific for the fans and wrap up a show that had been remarkably succesful for them for years.

Comment by mantua – October 22, 2013 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Well said mantua.

Comment by Mel – October 23, 2013 07:57 AM PDT
      • I would love to see a special holiday episode of Brothers and Sisters!

Comment by Kim – October 28, 2013 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • At this point, ABC should just have the balls to move Castle after six seasons, it no longer needs the DWTS-lead-in, now it has a built-in audience and as one of the highest-rated dramas on ABC, they should use it as a lead-in for something like Body of Proof. But I guess they will just revive BoP so they could send it to the cursed Thursday 8PM slot to die…again.

Comment by mantua – October 22, 2013 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I get your point but I’m pretty sure 99% of Castle fans won’t agree with you cause getting an excellent DWTS-lead-in is pretty much the only publicity or support that ABC has given the show over the past 5 seasons. Were it not for Nathan Fillion’s cult following, the DWTS lead-in & director Rob Bowman’s connections, the show would have been roast in its first year before having the chance or time to pick up the uber fan base it has now. Moving Castle to another time-slot would feel like ABC completely abandoning the show, not that we Castle fans needed ABC’s support much in the first place!

Comment by Rich Abey – October 23, 2013 02:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • DWTS is a pretty poor lead in these days, in the demo. It skews very old, like Castle. I’m not sure that moving Castle is worth the risk as it means screwing with an established solid performer. If things go south in its new slot, you potentially tank Castle and whatever show you put in its slot could also be dead on arrival.
      Given NBC own that night thanks to the Voice, best off leaving Castle and its steady performance there and fixing other holes in their schedule.

Comment by Apples – October 23, 2013 05:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you. They should move it to another night and put BOP on Monday night. Interstingly Castle scored it’s hightest ratings ever when Dana Delany appeared as a guest for 2 episodes as Special Agent Jorden Shaw.

Comment by StephanieDJ – October 23, 2013 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish they would reconsider giving GCB a chance again. It got cancelled way too fast.

Comment by abz – October 22, 2013 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That show was so much fun to watch, they just never took the time to get people watching it. They need to release it on Netflix for a few months, give people a chance to watch it and then put out new episodes.

Comment by mia – October 22, 2013 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I know! I think I miss Cricket the most!

Comment by abz – October 22, 2013 06:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABC needs to revive Ugly Betty!

Comment by Nikki – October 22, 2013 06:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That would be AWESOME!

Comment by James – October 22, 2013 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Uh….whaaaatttt???

Comment by Alichat – October 22, 2013 06:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish it was the old Body of Proof cast. Didn’t like the new people.

Comment by GeoDiva – October 22, 2013 06:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree! Lost interest with the new cast. Liked the show with the original cast. Probably won’t watch it.

Comment by Gemini – October 22, 2013 11:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I liked Mark Valley.

Comment by Mel – October 23, 2013 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes!!! Bring it back. I still don’t get why they cancelled it. I don’t think it was THAT expensive to produce after they made all those changes.

Comment by mia – October 22, 2013 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree bring it back. I really like the current cast. Should not have cancelled in the first place!!!!

Comment by Deb – April 12, 2014 07:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You know, there were signs that ABC still had faith in this show. Through most of last summer, they continued to rerun “Body of Proof” in the same timeslot it aired in before, even though they has already cancelled it. It really seems like they wanted this to succeed, even after they gave up on it.

Comment by Joseph D – October 22, 2013 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY, YAY! YAY, YAY!!!! I REALLY REALLY hope this happens! I miss my Megan and Kate fix!!!!!!!!! Body of Proof was (is?) and AWESOME show!

Comment by Janis – October 22, 2013 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am with you. I thought it was crazy they canceled it. The writing was better and they were making Meagan more human rather than witch. We needed to see more of the softer Meagan.

Comment by JS – October 22, 2013 06:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please do this. I might be the only one, but I always really loved Body of Proof.

Comment by writingmyownway – October 22, 2013 06:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are not alone, I liked all 3 seasons of BOP and would happily watch it again. The addition of Mark Valley was an additional bonus? BRING IT BACK!

Comment by Huskygrl – October 28, 2013 02:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked Body of Proof. I was sorry to see it cancelled so I’m all for it’s resurrection.

Comment by Holly – October 22, 2013 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • get rid of the idoit who cancelled it. get ride of the honey bo bo type shows.

Comment by vic buon – October 27, 2013 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If true this is great. Shows how dumb ABC appeared to be in the first place. 10 million watch with demo higher than many current dramas

Comment by Boiler – October 22, 2013 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • they need to resurrect Peter with a clever story. I like him much more than the other guy.

Comment by sally smith – October 22, 2013 06:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree with you! XD

Comment by Casey – October 22, 2013 09:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They should bring back the previous police pair, Bud and Samantha. Also, they should make Megan more of a team player. They were writing her too caustic, at the end.

Comment by prish – October 22, 2013 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They should bring over VEGAS. That was a terrific show that shouldn’t have been cancelled, imho.

Comment by prish – October 22, 2013 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! I loved that show! My understanding is that it too wasn’t a total bomb in the ratings, but the audience demographic was “too old.” I’d hoped a cable network would pick it up…

Comment by Uzi – October 23, 2013 06:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes please. I wondered why they cancelled this show even though it was doing better than some shows last season. Now compared to this season, it was doing way better. Just make sure they bring back Jeri Ryan too. I’ll continue to watch the show nonetheless.

Comment by Shaun – October 22, 2013 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Have flu. I hope this isn’t a flu dream. Loved the show! Please bring it back. It was crime drama but very light hearted. Great for end of evening viewing.

Comment by Tony – October 22, 2013 06:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would be thrilled to see BOP back…was a strong supporter and still am

Comment by rebecca – October 22, 2013 06:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Iger needs to clean house. ABC is a disaster.

Comment by Jo – October 22, 2013 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • (I’m going to this particular well for the second time in a week, but…) Judging Amy? ;-)

Comment by TV Gord – October 22, 2013 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BOP managed moderate 18-49 demo ratings, in the 1.6-2.0 range, not BAD for a 10PM drama, especially on a struggling network like ABC. BUT, the show was one of the most-watched on ABC and was a great performer in total viewership and younger and older demos. If ABC does decide to reboot, they should market as a reboot in order not to lure just returning viewers back, but also new viewers. I bet if it got placed on Tuesdays at 10PM again, it would probably beat POI on CBS in the demo.

Comment by Matt M. – October 22, 2013 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If ABC resurrects anything, bring back Brothers & Sisters!!!

Comment by Eric – October 22, 2013 07:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • too late, half the cast is busy with other project (Rhys, McFarlane), the rest was tired anyway (Flockhart),Griffiths living in Australia ecc.

Comment by Cynthia – October 25, 2013 07:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Dana Delaney AND Mark Valley are able to come back, hell yes i would love to have Body of Proof back on the air!

Comment by Brooke – October 22, 2013 07:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’d love to see it come back with those actors. I liked it.

Comment by JoyAnne – October 23, 2013 12:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This Nielsen household would start watching ABC again if they did.

Comment by Some chick – October 22, 2013 07:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So strange, after reading about the poor ratings for Betrayal, Lucky 7, et al over the last few weeks, I actually thought to myself “hell, maybe ABC will reverse it’s decision and resurrect BOP”(much like CBS did with Unforgettable). Granted, the all-mighty demo wasn’t where they wanted it to be, but BOP’s total viewership on most weeks was one of ABC’s biggest. I never understood why they cancelled it, I always said they should slide it in on the schedule behind Castle. Either way, I hope they bring it back, I thought it was an extremely entertaining hour of TV every week.

Comment by ChrisGa – October 22, 2013 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES, please!!

Comment by Michelle – October 22, 2013 07:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes please! I’ve watched BOP from the start and I would be THRILLED to see them back! But how I wish Peter was there :(

Comment by Ela – October 22, 2013 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love to see Body of Proof back on TV, its an awesome programme

Comment by Han – October 22, 2013 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I kind of like Betrayal. It’s a guilty pleasure on Sunday night after Revenge. And before I watch Homeland on DVR

Comment by Julie – October 22, 2013 07:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love to see it back providing it isn’t up against NCIS, NCIS: LA or Person of Interest.

Comment by Brad – October 22, 2013 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABC should bring back their TGIF lineup.

Comment by JON – October 22, 2013 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have missed. TGIF ever since it went off the air so many years ago! I grew up with it and couldn’t wait for it all week long. Those were cute, fun shows that I still love to this day. They could put some great family shows on that night like they used to. No offense to Last Man Standing or The Neighbors, but they aren’t like the shows I grew up with.

Comment by Allie – October 25, 2013 08:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • happy endings PLEASE!!

Comment by andres876 – October 22, 2013 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Absofinlutely! they were morons to cancel it to begin with!

Comment by jake – October 22, 2013 08:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This was such a dumb cancellation. ABC should have renewed Body Of Proof and Happy Endings as schedule spackle. Neither has big ratings, but they have significant followings and consistent numbers. Rather than looking for a desperate “relaunch,” ABC could have played the “We love our fans” card and acted like the renewals were really to please its audience, which would have been a reasonable half-truth. Also, both shows were in reach of syndication numbers (I know Happy Endings was produced by Sony, but still…). They could use these bench warmers right about now!

Comment by Buddy – October 22, 2013 08:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, I did not understand the decision either. Especially as ABC are so light on procedurals, which do well in syndication as well. Canceling Body of Proof while green-lighting awful shows like Lucky 7 and Betrayal was an idiotic decision.

Comment by Apples – October 23, 2013 05:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If we’re talking about resurrecting shows, how about Happy Endings? Still upset about that cancellation.

Comment by Dave – October 22, 2013 08:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. That would be far superior to reviving Body of Proof.

Comment by MzTeaze – October 22, 2013 10:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I for one would love to see Body of Proof brought back. I thought it was such as good show and I really loved how we saw the crime solved from the medical examiner’s view. I felt season three was really good with the cast changes and the ratings did go up. I’d defiantly tune in if it returned. Fingers crossed…

Comment by Cody – October 22, 2013 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • REVIVE BUNHEADS PLZ
    (yes, I know that’s ABCFamily…)

Comment by xx – October 22, 2013 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! Not only will I be happy, I’ll actually think that maybe ABC and other studios actually pay attention & care about what the viewers really want.

Comment by rumbleinthekitchen – October 22, 2013 09:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Body of Proof was AWFUL its final season. If they do resurrect it, they should just pretend that season never happened and pick up after season two.

Comment by Tim – October 22, 2013 09:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I so wish ABC would resurrect Happy Endings!

Comment by K – October 22, 2013 09:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If it comes back on Tuesdays it will be tough against Chicago Fire and Person of Interest. I will have to pass. But still, it’s gotta be better than Lucky 7. The only problem would be with fans that migrated to other networks like me and are now following other shows. I hope they do bring it back. It was a solid show. Megan had like zero, ZERO chemistry with the cop. She really doesn’t have much chemistry with anyone, except maybe her boss. They always seem to have that frenemy vibe. And I hope that if she does come back, Megan will be nicer. During S3 she had become a bit of a witch with too much attitude. She was becoming unlikeable.

Comment by Babygate – October 22, 2013 09:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Have Kate become City Councile woman and bring in Luke Perry’s character ah the new head boss.

Comment by Tony – October 22, 2013 09:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Noooooooooooooo. The last time they resurrected this show, it got worse, not better.

If they really want to resurrect a show, bring back Flash Forward or Day Break.

Comment by MzTeaze – October 22, 2013 10:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I do love BoP, and it would be great to have it back. But i would absolutly be exstatic if ABC picked up The Glades in stead. It was one of the best shows and A&E should never had cancelled it.

Comment by ziljenh – October 22, 2013 10:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only two ABC shows that I want to see are Pushing Daisies and Happy Endings. But most of those shows’ casts are busy elsewhere at this point…

Comment by Eric – October 22, 2013 10:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This would be awesome news and I don’t care which cast members new or old they use. Oh heck, yes I do. Mark Valley for the win!

Comment by Ethel – October 22, 2013 10:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would seriously be so excited if they brought this show back!!

Comment by Rachel – October 22, 2013 10:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post