Reality Check: Will The Voice's Best Man Survive the Battles? Plus: X Factor's Paulina Problem

The Voice has wrapped its Season 5 Blind Auditions. The X Factor‘s Four-Chair Challenge is in the books. But it’s not over till Reality Check has added a dollop of critique and a pinch of cheekiness to the proceedings — or so I like to think.

RELATED | TVLine’s Pick for Performer of the Week

In this week’s installment of what my mom has called “The Most Important Program on the Internet Right This Second,” my cohost Melinda Doolittle and I take a deep dive into The Voice‘s final set of Battle Rounds-bound contestants, including the Kris Allen-esuqe Matt Cermanski, the Latin-leaning Irish boy Michael Lynch, Cee Lo-endorsed diva Tamara Chaunice and also Grey.

RELATED | The Walking Dead Exclusive: Southland Stalwart Michael Cudlitz Lands Pivotal Comic Book Role; Plus – Crazy-Cool First Photo!

Melinda and I also take a closer look at X Factor‘s replacement to what used to be the Bootcamp and Judges’ Houses rounds — and let’s just say the more talented half of our duo has an interesting theory about why that move was an upgrade. We also dish Paulina Rubio’s miserable performance on the show to date — and what it might mean to the Boys category going forward.

So press play below for the full Reality Check experience, and for all my Voice and X Factor recaps, news and commentary, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV!

Comments (13)

• YAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THE X FACTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Saul – October 12, 2013 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fell in LOVE with Michael Lynch from The Voice from the moment he started singing! Such a strong voice and so clear (pitch-wise)!

Comment by B. – October 12, 2013 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My favorite is Lupe Carroll

Comment by Marsha – October 12, 2013 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can someone please tell me who Paulina is? What is she famous for doing?

Comment by Lori – October 12, 2013 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I believe she is a top recording artist from Mexico.

Comment by DarkDefender – October 13, 2013 01:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reality Check is never long enough lol.

Comment by Britt – October 12, 2013 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The “you send somebody home, you send them home” ship sailed way back in the first season with the whole Melanie Amaro saga.

Comment by kcostell – October 13, 2013 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re right. And that was completely scripted to give the first season of X Factor some visibility.

Comment by Megyn – October 13, 2013 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Michael prediction has always been wrong. I thinks he should stop doing this. Michael Lynch really?

Comment by arias – October 13, 2013 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What do you mean Michael is always wrong? What was wrong about that? “Check me out on iTunes” was so stinkin’ funny!

Comment by glamourcat6 – October 14, 2013 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I disagree about the 4-chair being better than the judges’ houses (and, yes, I realize those aren’t their actual houses). I hated the 4-chair process. I don’t like a person getting a chair and then not getting a chair and then getting a chair again. It was all a hot mess, start to finish. I do agree that Paulina is not a good judge. She is also a hot mess.

Comment by dj – October 13, 2013 09:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t watch the X Factor any longer, but have watched The Voice since the beginning. I am still loving it and I like the fact that they are upfront about whether a contestant has had previous experience unlike “Meet Lillie/Nicole McCloud” who I read that the X Factor tried to say she was basically this grandmother with no experience. I have no problem if someone is given a 2nd chance, but please be upfront about it. To me that is a far worse crime then having some notes or whatever the judges of The Voice are told to ask the contestants. My other reason for liking The Voice is they give the back story (all the shows do), but once that is done they don’t remind us week after week like both X Factor and AI does. I just want to be entertained and for me The Voice does just that and may be why they won the Emmy for best Reality TV show this year.

That being said I realize we all have our favorite shows for different reasons and if people like X Factor and have been asking Reality Check to cover it I have no problem, but just wish they spent more time covering both shows. jmho

Comment by Sharleen – October 14, 2013 11:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked Grey a lot! Boo Melinda!

Comment by Pat – October 18, 2013 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post