Reality Check: Will The Voice's Best Man Survive the Battles? Plus: X Factor's Paulina Problem

The Voice has wrapped its Season 5 Blind Auditions. The X Factor‘s Four-Chair Challenge is in the books. But it’s not over till Reality Check has added a dollop of critique and a pinch of cheekiness to the proceedings — or so I like to think.

RELATED | TVLine’s Pick for Performer of the Week

In this week’s installment of what my mom has called “The Most Important Program on the Internet Right This Second,” my cohost Melinda Doolittle and I take a deep dive into The Voice‘s final set of Battle Rounds-bound contestants, including the Kris Allen-esuqe Matt Cermanski, the Latin-leaning Irish boy Michael Lynch, Cee Lo-endorsed diva Tamara Chaunice and also Grey.

RELATED | The Walking Dead Exclusive: Southland Stalwart Michael Cudlitz Lands Pivotal Comic Book Role; Plus – Crazy-Cool First Photo!

Melinda and I also take a closer look at X Factor‘s replacement to what used to be the Bootcamp and Judges’ Houses rounds — and let’s just say the more talented half of our duo has an interesting theory about why that move was an upgrade. We also dish Paulina Rubio’s miserable performance on the show to date — and what it might mean to the Boys category going forward.

So press play below for the full Reality Check experience, and for all my Voice and X Factor recaps, news and commentary, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV!

1. Saul says:

YAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THE X FACTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. B. says:

Fell in LOVE with Michael Lynch from The Voice from the moment he started singing! Such a strong voice and so clear (pitch-wise)!

3. Marsha says:

My favorite is Lupe Carroll

4. Lori says:

Can someone please tell me who Paulina is? What is she famous for doing?

5. Britt says:

Reality Check is never long enough lol.

6. kcostell says:

The “you send somebody home, you send them home” ship sailed way back in the first season with the whole Melanie Amaro saga.

7. arias says:

Michael prediction has always been wrong. I thinks he should stop doing this. Michael Lynch really?

8. dj says:

I disagree about the 4-chair being better than the judges’ houses (and, yes, I realize those aren’t their actual houses). I hated the 4-chair process. I don’t like a person getting a chair and then not getting a chair and then getting a chair again. It was all a hot mess, start to finish. I do agree that Paulina is not a good judge. She is also a hot mess.

9. Sharleen says:

I don’t watch the X Factor any longer, but have watched The Voice since the beginning. I am still loving it and I like the fact that they are upfront about whether a contestant has had previous experience unlike “Meet Lillie/Nicole McCloud” who I read that the X Factor tried to say she was basically this grandmother with no experience. I have no problem if someone is given a 2nd chance, but please be upfront about it. To me that is a far worse crime then having some notes or whatever the judges of The Voice are told to ask the contestants. My other reason for liking The Voice is they give the back story (all the shows do), but once that is done they don’t remind us week after week like both X Factor and AI does. I just want to be entertained and for me The Voice does just that and may be why they won the Emmy for best Reality TV show this year.

That being said I realize we all have our favorite shows for different reasons and if people like X Factor and have been asking Reality Check to cover it I have no problem, but just wish they spent more time covering both shows. jmho

10. Pat says:

I liked Grey a lot! Boo Melinda!