Revolution's Red Door, Dead Rats, Faltered Physics and More Burning Questions Answered

Revolution Season 2 SpoilersNBC’s Revolution continues to plant provocative seeds for new mysteries as Season 2 explores who the characters are when apart versus banded together. With Episode 3 airing tonight at 8/7c, TVLine offers some insight into the latest questions raised by the post-apocalyptic drama.

RELATED | Revolution Scoop: The Firefly Mystery, Aaron’s Resurrection and More Questions Answered

WHAT HAS MILES STUMBLED UPON THERE BEHIND THE RED DOOR? | Having epically botched what could have been his escape to freedom, Miles found himself the latest captive to be led behind the ominous Red Door at Titus’ compound. There, a sickly woman was hooked up to tubes and such. A warlord, “Titus has started this whole movement for a very selfish reason,” Billy Burke shares. “I can’t reveal what that reason is, but he’s using not only the people that he’s fighting against but the people within his own hordes, for this nefarious purpose.” Promises show boss Eric Kripke, “You’ll learn more about who Titus is, what he wants and what he’s been doing.”

WHAT KILLED ALLLLL THOSE RATS? | I mean, it takes a wealth of lifeless rodents to create such a crunching sound beneath Rachel and Aaron’s wagon. [Shudder.] Ruling out anything as simple as radiation, Kripke says, “It’s all part of the mystery of what happened with the nanotech, what happened in the tower and ‘How did our heroes in effect change the laws of physics?’ Fireflies are a part of it, rats are a part of it, and the vision that Aaron saw of Ben is a part of it.”

HOW FAR WILL NEVILLE GO? Giancarlo Esposito attests that his character, having ingratiated himself with Secretary Allenford, will do whatever is necessary — even if some bow-chicka-wow-wow is required — to infiltrate the “Patriots.” “The plan is to go undercover, all the way to the top,” says the actor. “He’s on a mission now, because all he can think about is his beloved [wife] Julia and her skin melting off her bones. And he is hateful. He knows that a big organization was responsible [for launching the nukes], and he wants to avenge her death.” All told, he professes: “It is going to be a ride this season, my friend. Oh my goodness….”

HOLD UP, DID WE SEE SPARKS BETWEEN CHARLIE AND… | Monroe?! While shackled up in the emptied pool? If anyone did, it certainly wasnt of the writers’ doing. “I havent seen anything yet,” Tracy Spiridakos says when presented with that possible pairing. Instead, keep your eye on Charlie’s wannabe captor Adam, played by Gossip Girl‘s Patrick Heusinger. “He and Charlie have an ‘interesting’ connection,” the actress teases. “Whether it’s a good one or a bad one, you will have to wait and see. But it is pretty cool.”

WHEN, OH WHEN, WILL THE GANG REUNITE? | Might Revolution’s ratings struggle have as much to do with its splintered band of heroes — whom we got to know as a unit in Season 1 — as its new time slot? If that is at all the case, there is this hope: “When the enemy grows large enough, these groups will come together — and that’s soon,” Esposito tells us. “The realization of what has happened to our world that we once called America is going to be mind-blowing for many people, the notion that it may have all been calculated. So I have a feeling we’re all going to have to come together against a common enemy.”

Want more scoop on Revolution, or for any other show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

Tags: ,

Comments (23)

• It is on at such a bad night. It should come on Monday, when the only good thing on is Sleepy Hollow.

Comment by Jason – October 9, 2013 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Speak for yourself. I have four shows I watch on Monday and only two other series I watch on Wednesday. But I do wish it was at least at nine o’clock, eight doesn’t suit the material.

Comment by Miranda – October 15, 2013 03:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 7PM family hour is a terrible time slot for such a violent show; that’s why the ratings are low…people have to DVR it if they have young kids.

Comment by Ann – October 9, 2013 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ^^^^ This.

Comment by Ava – October 9, 2013 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are right. That’s way the are lower. We were watching last night and my kids walk in right when miles was calling Monroe a dick. She looks at me and says mom what is a d I about died!

Comment by Tiffany – January 16, 2014 11:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really wish they would move Revolution, not sure where though and maybe that’s the problem NBC is having also. But I’m afraid that Wednesday at 7:00 is going to kill it and that would be sad because it’s one of my favs. I’m really curious to see the ratings tomorrow with Arrow starting up tonight. But that aside, do we know for sure that Julia is dead or is that just the assumption because of her location at the time the nukes went kaboom :-)

Comment by wrstlgirl – October 9, 2013 08:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • the assumption is that she is dead, but it’s a tv show, she might have survived that nuclear blast and reapear when Kim Raver is done filming the new 24!

Comment by exfromtheleft – October 9, 2013 08:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LOL, I’m fully aware that it’s a tv show. Just thought I might have missed something. Actors are fully capable of doing more than one show at a time, especially if they are a recurring character like Julia.

Comment by wrstlgirl – October 9, 2013 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Grace? We haven’t seen/heard from her this season.

Comment by joseph – October 9, 2013 09:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This season is so much better than last!

Comment by outandaboutatlanta – October 9, 2013 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Season 1 was meh but season 2 is everything I was hoping for in the first season. It is exciting! It is intriguing! I finally really care about the characters! Everyone who liked the first season even a little bit should make it a point to check out season 2.

Comment by Maryann – October 9, 2013 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed! It is really becoming interesting!

Comment by Sara – October 9, 2013 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think this show has finally found its stride!

Comment by Maryann – October 9, 2013 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree that the 7pm time is hurting the show. It is like previous folks have mentioned, it is a violent show that people are probably DVRing. Any news on what the DVR playback numbers are looking like? I really think NBC made a mistake with this time change. I can understand switching days around (especially because they would want to put a new buzzy show after The Voice), but to switch the time so drastically seems like a huge error.

Comment by Sara – October 9, 2013 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Needs more Jason Neville. <3 Lord Marcus who?

Comment by Z – October 9, 2013 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope they explore the dynamic between Charlie and Monroe. So many of the relationships on this show feel like they were forced and now they have 2 actors with a natural energy between them even when the opposite is actively being written and acted.
    The thought of the two of them being a couple is pretty offputting but it’d be cool to see a new layer to the cat and mouse game they’ve got going.

Comment by Elly – October 9, 2013 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And not a single question answered. Not single spoiler given.

Comment by Christian Mathistad (@Dracoster) – October 9, 2013 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s how they get us. Yet we keep coming back for more in the hopes of some little nugget of truth. Nobody teases like ad sponsored websites.

Comment by Sandy – December 8, 2013 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the show is struggling mainly because of the folks who watched til the end of Season 1 and gave up. I have very little interest in watching this new season.

Comment by Tammi Townsley – October 10, 2013 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have been having a hard time watching it because it is so violent — I need more story, less blood.

Comment by Sarah – October 11, 2013 10:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the TV show, REVOLUTION. It is one the best to come along in a long time. This 2nd season is even more fascinating than the first season. It is going be interesting to see how Sebastian Monroe, and Charlie and Miles put aside their longstanding animosities, and work together to fight the Patriots.

When some years down the road the time has come to end this TV show, as all TV shows must eventually come to an end, I hope the electric power is permanently put back on.

One thing is certain, if there really was a worldwide permanent blackout of all electrical technology, it would be infinitely more horrible in real life!

Comment by Ross Kardon – October 24, 2013 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When it comes to Latina and Asian women, their hair is usually dark in
    colour, as well as their eyes. A stylish sideways oval engagement
    ring is important. The people who put their arms around you and tell you that you’re right, the world
    isn’t fair and your excuses for not succeeding are perfectly valid are not your friends.

Comment by homepage – October 24, 2013 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Revolution is a MUST watch…the second season is really overwhelming.,more fascinating than the first season …and Myles and munroe teaming up again for good…its gonna be more intriguing!!

Comment by Aipheee – November 26, 2013 04:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post