Amber Tamblyn Promoted to Series Regular on Two and a Half Men — After Just One Episode!

Get More: Casting News

Amber Tamblyn Two and a Half MenShould CBS be considering a title change from Two and a Half Men to Two Men and a Lady? Perhaps, now that Amber Tamblyn — as Charlie Harper’s estranged, lesbian daughter Jenny — has been upgraded to series regular, the network announced Wednesday.

RELATED | Amber Tamblyn on Two and a Half Men‘s ‘Queer’ Addition and What She Would Look for in a Girl

While Tamblyn has only made one appearance on the show thus far — in its Sept. 26 Season 11 premiere — she is currently filming the fifth and final episode that she was originally contracted to do, according to Deadline.

Tamblyn’s role on the show ostensibly serves as a replacement for original cast member Angus T. Jones, who had expressed his disdain for the show during its tenth season and indicated he wanted to attend college.

Tamblyn, meanwhile, has had no such reservations. “The minute I read the material, I was in,” she told TVLine last month. “I was totally excited to go in and even read for it. I had a really strong opinion about how I thought the character should be, so I went in and gave a presentation of who I thought Jenny was, which was masculine and feminine at the same time with a big hearty laugh, open for anything, game for anything. In general, a sort of unapologetic, tough heroine.”

RELATED | Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Grey’s Anatomy, Nikita, Scandal, Once, Revenge, Good Wife and More

Two and a Half Men‘s Season 11 premiere drew 11.5 million viewes and a 2.9 demo rating, down 17 percent from its previous premiere — now sans a Big Bang Theory lead-in — but improving in the demo on the performance of its timeslot predecessor Person of Interest.

Excited about Tamblyn making her Men gig a permanent one? Sound off below!

Comments (27)

• Great move! The season premiere was one of the better episodes since Ashton Kutcher joined the show.

Comment by yankeesrj12 – October 2, 2013 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tamblyn is a terrific actress and definitely breathed life into a mundane show.

Comment by Cherry – October 2, 2013 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Trying too hard. The show wasn’t great but this didn’t make it better.

Comment by karenb888 – October 2, 2013 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Do you watch this show or are you just without a sense of humor???????????????

Comment by Charlie – October 2, 2013 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Two and a half men has some of the easiest jokes, lowest common denomination humor, and poor execution on television. It’s complete garbage. Try parks and recreation if you want well crafted humor.

Comment by John – October 2, 2013 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Well said John. Everyone should move to Parks and Rec for smart humor.

Comment by Dina – October 3, 2013 05:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There were moments where I liked the character and Amber as the character, but other times I felt like something was off. Wasn’t sure if it was bad dialogue or if it was Amber being miscast. Hopefully it evens out a little bit and she fits a little better, I like Amber usually.

Comment by Jake – October 2, 2013 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I figured the show considered her the “half man” because she is a lesbian and they are offensive.

Comment by alistaircrane – October 2, 2013 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Touche!

Comment by English – October 2, 2013 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, somehow being locked into a young man because of the title may have just been too limiting story wise. They’d mined the kid for all his character held and they moved on. The title doesn’t make sense now I’d agree, but I’m not sure how that would work with a title change this late in the run? Plus the “half man” is still, theoretically, around, they didn’t kill the kid off, just shipped him out…. but heck given his aging even the “half” was less and less relevant.

What would be an improved title? “Two”? “Malibu Beach Bingo”?

Comment by John – October 2, 2013 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Chuck Lorre views lesbians as “half men”, thus Amber Tamblyn’s character.

Comment by alistaircrane – October 2, 2013 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Got a linked-to quote of his stating that? They’re not changing the title doesn’t necessarily mean that. AND let’s not forget that up until today she wasn’t a regular and so the title and her character wouldn’t have even had the possibility of a long term linkage since she was temporary…

But a direct quote of his making that statement would be informative.

Comment by John – October 2, 2013 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • “Their not…”

Comment by John – October 2, 2013 11:58 AM PDT
      • He didn’t mention that in this interview anyway and mentioned Angus could be returning, so to that extent he’d still be “the half”…
        “The reason, aside from the promise of more sexy hijinks and not-so-subtle innuendo, is simple math. The new season will subtract Two and a Half Men’s titular “half man” — actor Angus T. Jones, who is reducing his role as Jake to pursue college. The new addition, then, will be an equal with remaining male leads Walden (Ashton Kutcher) and Alan (Jon Cryer).

“I think it would be great have that voice on the show from a different perspective,” said Two and a Half Men’s creator, Chuck Lorre, addressing reporters at the Television Critics Association summer press tour this week. “The show has had enough testosterone to last a lifetime.””

Comment by John – October 2, 2013 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If anyone is half a man, it’s Alan.

Comment by Nichole – October 2, 2013 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She tried to hard this first show. She will never be Charlie!

Comment by Beverly Brooks (@bbrooks792) – October 2, 2013 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, well… You don’t know the difference between “to” and “too”, so it isn’t like your opinion carries much weight.

Comment by Knox Bundy – October 2, 2013 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t understand why Amber Tamblyn would stoop so low as to join the cast of Two and a Half Men (as I’ve been a big fan since Joan of Arcadia, and her talent is far better than where Men has been sliding in recent years), but after watching her first episode, I was intrigued. She brought something new to the table (a fresh way to have the characters interact with something new) and her scenes with Ashton were actually quite enjoyable, so I’m interested to see where the writers and Amber take her.

Comment by Bryan Caron – October 2, 2013 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Her presence is a definite improvement. I haven’t watched since Charlie Sheen left. I do like Amber Tamblyn so I may give it a chance….now, can they bring Charlie back? Pleeease!

Comment by Daisy Day – October 2, 2013 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought she was always supposed to be a regular. I thought they needed someone to replace Angus.

Comment by Philip – October 2, 2013 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Epic fail! Hated her on the first episode! If she stays, I think I’ll finally say goodbye to TAHM. Sad :(

Comment by Erika – October 2, 2013 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Glad to see I’m not alone. She was just awful on the show!

Comment by Rain – October 2, 2013 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • First sensible answer, well done Erika…this show is now dead…R.I.P

Comment by bockster – October 4, 2013 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ashton Kutcher is so terrible on this show that they hired an actress to play “female Charlie”….that should tell you enough about how badly they wished Sheen had behaved himself and was still on the cast. Sad.

Comment by Pat D. – October 2, 2013 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The show isn’t the best, the jokes are old and tired, but Amber is great and I liked her character. Not at all surprised that they upgraded her.

Comment by liz – October 2, 2013 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I bid my personal adieu to this show. Long overdue as the show has devolved in recent years to pure garbage. Too bad, as I really like Ashton; the rest of the cast are pathetic.

Comment by totlco – October 3, 2013 08:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the show will continue with the addition of Amber…she will fill in perfectly after the loss of Charlie…if the writers keep the constant laughter a priority.

Comment by Randy – October 4, 2013 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post