What to Watch Tuesday: S.H.I.E.L.D., NCIS, POI and 5 Other Premieres, Therapy Ends and More

Whiskey Tango FoxtrotOn TV this busy Tuesday: The Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. assemble, NCIS goes rogue, NCIS: LA goes nuclear, The Goldbergs and Trophy Wife introduce funny families, Chicago Fire flares again, Lucky 7‘s number comes up, Person of Interest says, “Hello, sailor” and Web Therapy runs out of time. In addition to The Voice and Fox’s comedies, here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

8 pm Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (ABC) | Series premiere: Agent Coulson from The Avengers lives (!) and is assembling a worldwide law-enforcement agency in this heroic drama from Buffy‘s Joss Whedon. In tonight’s episode, in the wake of The Battle of New York, Coulson rounds up a talented team to deal with a man who’s gained extraordinary powers. Clark Gregg reprises the role of Coulson, Ming-Na Wen (ER), Chloe Bennet (Nashville) and Brett Dalton (Killing Lincoln) co-star, Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) makes a cameo and J. August Richards (Angel) guest-stars. (Haven’t seen the Marvel movies? No worries. Plus, read Ming-Na’s preview and get TVLine’s First Impression of the series.)

8 pm NCIS (CBS) | Season 11 premiere: An explosion in D.C. causes a casualty connected to the agency, which changes Parsons’ mind about Gibbs & Co.; DiNozzo and McGee (whose girlfriend we meet tonight) investigate the very dangerous case, as civilians. (Get scoop, more scoop and intel on how the show will write out Cote de Pablo’s Ziva, starting with this episode.)

8 pm Whose Line Is It Anyway? (The CW) | Season finale: U.S. Olympic gymnast Shawn Johnson joins the guys’ final episode of the season. (Yep, renewed.)

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop on NCIS, Chicago Fire, Person of Interest and 42 Other Returning Faves

9 pm NCIS: Los Angeles (CBS) | Season 5 premiere: As Sam and Deeks recover from being tortured, the team searches for stolen nuclear weapons. (Read preview.)

9 pm The Goldbergs (ABC) | Series premiere: This ’80s-set comedy follows a nutty, suburban family, which includes dad Murray (Curb Your Enthusiasm‘s Jeff Garlin), mom Beverly (Bridesmaids‘ Wendi McLendon-Covey) and grandpa Al (Retired at 35‘s George Segal). Tonight, 16-year-old son Barry expects a car for his birthday… but Mom has other ideas.

9:30 pm Trophy Wife (ABC) | Series premiere: Malin Akerman (27 Dresses) stars as Kate, a party girl who falls for twice-divorced Pete (Bradley Whitford, The West Wing) and becomes his third wife — then must figure out where she fits in among his children and exes (played by The Newsroom‘s Marcia Gay Harden and SNL alum Michaela Watkins). (Get scoop and read our First Impression.)

RELATED | Fall TV Grid: What’s on When? And Versus What?

10 pm Chicago Fire (NBC) | Season 2 premiere: An arsonist is burning to get Severide, a new consultant (played by The Killing‘s Michelle Forbes) is keeping an annoying eye on budgets and job performance, and Casey reflects on the year anniversary of Andy’s death. (Read preview.)

10 pm Lucky 7 (ABC) | Series premiere: Seven gas-station employees in Queens, N.Y., finally win the lottery – and the money forever changes the close-knit group. Matt Long (Private Practice), Isiah Whitlock Jr. (The Wire) and Summer Bishil (90210) star.

10 pm Person of Interest (CBS) | Season 3 premiere: The MIA machine resumes giving Finch numbers, starting with a U.S. Naval officer in New York. Great, right? Well, it’s Fleet Week in the city, which means the hunt is a lot like Where’s Waldo? in a barber-pole factory. Max Martini (Revenge) guest-stars. (“Meet” this season’s new series regulars!)

RELATED | Fall TV 2013: Your Handy Guide of 100+ Season and Series Premiere Dates

11 pm Web Therapy (Showtime) | Season finale: Kip makes a decision about the divorce. (Not yet renewed.)

Comments (41)

• Admit it will be a CBS night. NCIS, NCIS LA and POI.
    DVR: Agents of Shield and Brooklyn 99 for later catch up

Comment by kirads09 – September 24, 2013 04:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No mention of Brooklyn Nine-Nine? I thought new shows were mentioned for at least 2 weeks previously?

Comment by Tietherope – September 24, 2013 04:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gonna watch almost all the comedies from ABC and Fox (obviously I’m not watching Dads) and of course SHIELD… something must be catched online later.

Comment by JJ – September 24, 2013 05:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy POI is coming back,can’t wait to watch agents of shield..I really dunno if I would still watch chicago fire,part of me is over the show.lucky 7 sounds meh!won’t watch
    So happy the fall season has started,!

Comment by meah – September 24, 2013 05:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As a girl who just enjoys watching the wonder that is Jim Caveziel, I’m not in love with all these women being added to the cast and stealing his screen time!

Comment by meem – September 24, 2013 07:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m a female too, and I love everything you said.

Comment by carlycane – September 24, 2013 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NCIS, SHIELD, Person of Interest are the 3 i am interested in. The others i’ll record and wait to see ratings and reviews before i commit to other new shows.

Comment by greysfan – September 24, 2013 05:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I saw The Goldbergs and Trophy Wife on hulu and really liked them. I’ll be watching the 2nd episodes next week. The Fox lineup, The Voice and SHIELD even thought I don’t like the Marvel cinematic universe that much.

Comment by lumpy87654 – September 24, 2013 05:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NCIS and Person of Interest, By the way, it says above to vote for up to 5, but wouldn’t let me vote for but one.

Comment by opus – September 24, 2013 05:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SHIELD looks like it might be good. I watched the pilot of Trophy Wife on Hulu and liked it so I may watch it again. Also DVR catchup from a crazy Monday night.

Comment by Elizabeth – September 24, 2013 05:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll just say CBS and leave it at that. :)

Comment by Kim R – September 24, 2013 05:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NCIS live and i’ll catch up SHIELD tomorrow

Comment by Gaara – September 24, 2013 05:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABC
    Shield, The Goldbergs, and Trophy Wife.
    CBS
    NCIS, and POI
    NBC
    Chicago Fire
    FOX
    Brooklyn Nine Nine & New Girl

Comment by Michael – September 24, 2013 06:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CBS – don’t remember when the last time was that I actually stayed on one network for the evening – years and years.

Comment by Barb – September 24, 2013 07:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tuesdays are my night…strictly CBS…NCIS/NCIS LA/Person of Interest! Can’t get any better!

Comment by Rae – September 24, 2013 07:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. I have absolutely zero interest in Shield but may save The Goldbergs and Trophy wife

Comment by Jules – September 24, 2013 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I seem to remember a show on NBC called Windfall with a ridiculously similar plot to Lucky 7… my guess is Lucky 7 won’t succeed either.

Comment by Mike – September 24, 2013 07:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Agents of SHIELD and Chicago Fire.

Comment by Flacco Kaepernick – September 24, 2013 07:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brooklyn Nine-Nine, and The Mindy Project. I’ll watch Agents Of SHIELD online tomorrow.

Comment by Joey – September 24, 2013 07:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • S.H.I.E.L.D, NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, Whose Line, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, New Girl, and The Mindy Project. I’ll check out Lucky 7 this week just to see if there is any reason to return to it next week. I haven’t heard much about it at all, so I’ve got to check it out myself. I’ll probably rewatch S.H.I.E.L.D. a couple times this week.

Comment by Andy – September 24, 2013 07:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • New Girl, Mindy, and Brooklyn Nine-Nine. I might check out SHIELD.

Comment by Lecholls – September 24, 2013 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watch B99, Lucky 7 and dvr Shield and Chicago Fire. I dvr the best ones in case I want to watch them more than once.

Comment by wrstlgirl – September 24, 2013 07:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Agents of SHIELD
    Brooklyn Nine Nine
    The Goldbergs

Comment by Jared – September 24, 2013 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It is going to be a Marvel night with Agents of SHIELD and Iron Man 3.

Comment by Shannon – September 24, 2013 08:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NCIS, NCIS Los Angeles, and Person of Interest live, and I’ll be DVRing Agents of Shield and Chicago Fire

Comment by Bella – September 24, 2013 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SHIELD
    New Girl
    Mindy
    Will check out Lucky 7, but counting the Tuesdays til Justified is back. Yep, it will be a long wait, sadly.

Comment by mandy – September 24, 2013 08:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SHIELD, Tosh.0, Person of Interest. I’ll give Brooklyn 99 another shot

Comment by Bill – September 24, 2013 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched the goldbergs on Hulu and loved it! I’ll tune in to that again next week. Tonight it is agents of sheild (so excited) and new girl with Brooklyn 99, mindy project and trophy wife on the dvr.

Comment by murley – September 24, 2013 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s probably going to be a very late night for me. The Voice is family viewing so that gets live time. Person of Interest and NCIS are my top two shows on the air right now so at least one will get watched tonight, possibly both, and no way am I not watching Marvel Agents of SHIELD tonight. Thank the heavens for DVRs.

Comment by GeekGirl13 – September 24, 2013 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watching Live and DVRing (for others in the house who like all shows
    NCIS
    NCIS/LA
    Person of Interest
    Chicago Fire

Comment by Jennifer – September 24, 2013 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll be watching SHIELD and New Girl. That’s it.

Comment by Badpenny – September 24, 2013 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • New Girl, Mindy…and am I the only one watching “The Book of Manning” on ESPN?

Comment by bamabunny – September 24, 2013 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope that POI features more Carrie Preston this season, can never have enough Carrie Preston! Looking forward to SHIELD and NCIS, oh the LETTER shows! Probably give Lucky 7 a chance.

Comment by bobbie – September 24, 2013 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SOOO watching Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D SOO excited also watch trophy wife!! Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D YAY!! :D

Comment by SophiaGeekster – September 24, 2013 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brooklyn 99
    SHIELD
    Chicago Fire
    Lucky 7 (Maybe)

Comment by Steven – September 24, 2013 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Except for Dads its a FOX night and DVR Trophy Wife. Guessing Lucky 7 will be “lucky” to do half of Body of Proof

Comment by Boiler – September 24, 2013 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think S.H.I.E.L.D. is going to decimate NCIS…

Comment by Brian – September 24, 2013 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NCIS
    Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D
    NCIS LA
    POI
    Chicago Fire
    Sons of Anarchy
    Lucky 7

Comment by Steve – September 24, 2013 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LUCKY 7!!! I really like lead Matt Long.

Comment by James – September 24, 2013 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just watched The Goldbergs. Why ‘O Why is this not on Wednesdays after the middle? those two are the perfect combination.

Comment by Jamie – September 24, 2013 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post