Did Sons Tease Fifty Shades? Why Are Newsroom Peeps Such Noobs? Dumb Dome? And More Qs!

BreakingBad_JesseCallWe’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including Mistresses, Sons of Anarchy, The X Factor and Graceland!

1 | Can Breaking Bad‘s final DVD set feature an alternate edit of last Sunday’s episode, one where we get to see Jesse on the phone taunting Walt with choice chestnuts such as, “Got my photo, bitch?” Meanwhile, Hank’s emotional call to Marie in the final minutes all but confirmed he’s not making it out of that desert alive, right? Also, why did Hank waste that perfectly good brain? (We hear they’re delicious – just ask Vivien Harmon!)

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop on 45 Returning Faves

2 | Do you think Kevin Rankin is concerned about being type-cast as white supremacist after searing turns in both Breaking Bad and Justified?

3 | Why does The Newsroom‘s Jim insist on having private conversations with girlfriend Hallie via Skype — without headphones! — at work? Can ACN just offer a class for all the shoddy computer users? And was it really that hard to glean what Charlie yelled the end of the episode?

4 | Um… Safe to say Bunchy doesn’t jump to his death on Ray Donovan, seeing as how he turned up in “Coming Soon…” preview very much alive (and embroiled in some new mess)?

5 | Do you think the rumored Dexter spin-off will be an Odd Couple-style sitcom featuring Masuka and his daughter? If not, why is she here…?

6 | Isn’t Devious Maids‘ Rosie 100 times more interesting now that she’s using Peri’s hit-and-run crime as a wrath-of-God excuse for bedding her boss’s hubby?Under the Dome

RELATED | Scoop on Hawaii Five-0, Once, Bones, Revolution, The Newsroom and More

7 | TVLine reader Overthinking asks: “What police academy did Under the Dome‘s Linda graduate from? It has to be the same one as those cops from The Following.”

8 | From dozens of commenters on our Mistresses finale recap: Why the heck did the ER doc use the defibrillator on pregnant Savi’s stomach instead of her chest? And while we’re discussing lives in peril, if someone ends up dying from the end-of-episode shootout, who should it be: Karen, Sam or Elizabeth?

9 | On Breaking Pointe, did visions of Ronnie’s ghastly injury dance through your head the moment Sakaya fell in rehearsal?

10 | Did The X-Files‘ 20th anniversary make you hope even harder that a third Mulder-Scully flick is out there?sons-of-anarchy

RELATED | Spoilers on Under the Dome, Bones, Sons of Anarchy, Vampire Diaries and More

11 | To the Fifty Shades of Grey doubters out there, did the Sons of Anarchy season premiere’s, ahem, climax — featuring a naked Charlie Hunnam getting jiggy with Deadwood‘s Kim Dickens — make you a believer? Were we at home not supposed to audibly cheer when Tara started whaling on the prison bully? And wasn’t it a wee bit convenient that Mother Nature unleashed that gale force gust of wind just as Blonde School Shooter put down his manifesto?

12 | Can Jennifer Aniston please guest-star on Web Therapy next season, especially since the show has gone through three other Friends and Aniston’s BFF Chelsea Handler?

13 | This 24 news is fine and all, but… is the cougar returning?

14 | Why do shows such as The X Factor continue to present vocalists like Lillie McCloud as if they’re total amateurs, when in fact they’ve been signed to major record labels and even had songs on multiple Billboard charts? Is it a secret form of contestant sabotage or do these producers not realize the average viewer has access to Google? And did lovey-dovey Alex and Sierra out-duet Nashville‘s Scarlett and Gunnar?

15 | Given all that they kvetch about, what could the typical Parents Television Council member’s DVR playlist possibly look like?

RELATED | Rookie Blue Season 5 Spoilers — EP Tassie Cameron on Sam/Andy/Nick Triangle

16 | However you feel about Rookie Blue‘s Sam and Andy, wasn’t Nick kind of the perfect boyfriend?

Burn Notice17 | TVLine reader Annie asks: “Did anyone else notice the similarity of the Burn Notice cottage (photo, left) to the home of Kate Winslet’s character in the movie The Holiday?”

18 | Was perhaps the biggest question raised by the Graceland finale, “How did that kid at the pawn shop even know what a cassette tape is?” And how disappointing was it that Charlie was not playing “Jangles” but actually was oblivious to his identity the whole time?

19 | Is it sad to see how little Arsenio Hall has brought to the table with his talk show resurrection? He does know it’s 2013, right? And that it’s OK to ask follow-up questions — or clarify for his audience who “Cote” is/plays, such as when Mark Harmon alluded to the big NCIS exit?

Comments (53)

• LOL @ the Under the Dome question. I don’t watch the Following but I can only assume those cops are as awful as Linda is!

Comment by Elyse – September 13, 2013 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Trust me The Following police/FBI are just as bad as Linda maybe worse! They must have did training together or their all related…lol

Comment by K. – September 13, 2013 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • #10 Since the second X-Files movie was one of the worst things I’ve ever seen I’m going with…no. I hope there is not a third.

Comment by David7118 – September 13, 2013 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As long as it is NOT written by Chris Carter, I’d be all in favor of a third movie. But if he’s writing it, no way. He created the show, and was VERY quickly the least talented writer/director involved. By far.

Comment by meme – September 13, 2013 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Your critique of another person’s writing would carry more weight if you didn’t think, “By far.”, was a complete sentence.

Comment by TV Gord – September 13, 2013 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You don’t know anything about writing, do you? Would one use “By far” that way in a published work? Probably not–though it’s probably fine in fiction. But this isn’t a published work, it’s a comment on the internet, where setting a declarative statement like “By far” off on its own for emphasis is perfectly acceptable.

It’s totally unbecoming to be so snide–especially when you are so wrong.

Comment by uh huh – September 13, 2013 09:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The X-Files mythology set a deadline for the third movie, which it missed when it wasn’t released 12/21/2012. There’s no catch up, and there’s nothing left after that.

Comment by Mark Nobles (@cmarkn) – September 13, 2013 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • They can fudge whatever they want. Set the movie before that deadline. Set it after and wonder how it didn’t work out like it was supposed to. Spend the movie figuring that out. Have Vince Gilligan write it. He did some of my favorite X Files stuff. After Breaking Bad, he’s got enough prestige to be on the radar for the gig.

Comment by scooby – September 13, 2013 10:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I still can’t believe Linda automatically believed Barbie had shot Julia. Like, really? Absolutely no evidence of it and suddenly he’s a serial killer. And yes, I desperately need X-Files 3!

Comment by Lynn – September 13, 2013 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Linda on UTD is terrible. Not sure if it’s the actress or writing, probably both, but it’s just painful to watch.

Hmmmmm, Charlie Hunnam has got a yummy booty :-)

I’m thinking it must be curtains for Hank on Breaking Bad. But wow, what a cliffhanger!!!

Comment by wrstlgirl – September 13, 2013 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I do think it is the actress so much, I think it more has to do with the writing and the way the writers are trying to move the storyline.

Comment by Matt – September 13, 2013 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • #17 – Annie has very good eyes and memory as well. :)
    #18 – That’s what I asked last night on twitter…..since when do cars still use cassette tapes?
    #19 – I agree, Arsenio should have followed up on questions, especially for the audience who don’t know who Cote de Pablo is. It just seems like Arsenio wasn’t all that comfortable during last night’s segment. Maybe that’s just me.

Comment by Marla (@zoyaroses) – September 13, 2013 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My car has a cassette deck and a 6 cd changer. Next car will have ipod dock.

Comment by Daven – September 13, 2013 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 16. Honestly I didn’t like Nick after the way he treated Gail. Yes she cheated and that was completely wrong. But he took no responsibility for the way he hurt her. When she asked him how long he would have stayed with her knowing he was falling for Andy and he answered with “Well I guess we’ll never know” I wanted to smack him. Flaws and all I’m McSwarek all the way :)
    17. That was my first thought lol Love that cottage!!!!

Comment by Kira – September 13, 2013 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 16. Nick Collins is the best. I am am a McCollins convert. I really hope that we are not done with him and McNally next season.

Comment by Sarah – September 13, 2013 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • #2 – Both of Kevin Rankin’s characters on B.B and Justified may be white supremacist, but they are TOTALLY different otherwise. Besides, the dude has been SO many other different characters I don’t think he’s sweating it.

Comment by Joseph – September 13, 2013 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Kevin Rankin also plays a hilarious white supremacist in the movie Pawn Shop Chronicles.

Comment by Jooshua – September 13, 2013 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He also played a gay paramedic in a short-lived,network series a few years ago. Can’t recall the title. Rankin was awesome, tho!

Comment by lindasays – September 14, 2013 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 19 – I don’t trust any talk show host that has to lead their guests as much as Arsenio seems to feel he has to. If only they could all settle down and just converse with their guests the way Craig Ferguson does. There’s a reason the Brits call their versions chat shows.

Comment by Kiki – September 13, 2013 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Craig Ferguson is the best! Nothing preachy or superficial about his show, very relaxed and funny

Comment by Cheeky – September 13, 2013 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t get why he should have to explain to the audience who Cote is. Mark’s the one who works with her, and he can go into detail as much as he needs to in order to clarify the situation. Either the viewers watch NCIS and care or they don’t. It’s a long running series with the highest viewership so plenty of people do, it’s just that Hall’s demographic is probably not into the show which skews older and let’s face it, the reason Harmon’s there is that CBS distributes Arsenio. It was an interview mismatch and not the best place to have an NCIS discussion in the first place. How often do hosts get accused of doing more of the talking and not letting their guests get a word in? Harmon seemed a bit reserved and humble, but that makes for a difficult interview. A lot of actors are actually introverted like that which is why presenters at awards shows are often so awkward. You don’t know when the amazing Craig Ferguson gets a difficult interview as much because he makes so much noise that he’s entertaining on his own with his sidekicks. That Harrison Ford interview was still pretty rough. This was Arsenio’s first week back after 17 years off. I doubt he was that terrible compared to the first week of most of the other late night hosts and remember he’s airing on the CW. The budget and the pull isn’t the same. He’ll do better with better guests. I bet some people are waiting to come on til they see how things are gonna go.

Comment by S. – September 13, 2013 10:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I listened to it three times, and I still have no idea what Charlie shouted on Newsroom.

Comment by SJ – September 13, 2013 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lol I had to turn on the captions, He yelled, “I mean, what the f@uck?!”

Comment by Caroline Warrington – September 13, 2013 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thank you!

Comment by SJ – September 13, 2013 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • OMG thank you, I too listened 3 times and couldn’t figure it out. I did think of closed caption but its a fairly new tv and haven’t gone looking for how to turn it on. LOL

Comment by Vi – September 13, 2013 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • #5 – Totally. We are down to the last few episodes of the show & we are supposed to sit through the lame scenes featuring Masuka’s daughter? I think he’s been good comic relief in past seasons but why this silly “sperm bank” daughter storyline?

Comment by Becky – September 13, 2013 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My guess (#5) was to throw the actor a bone for not telling any Masuka backstory over the previous 7 seasons.. Which we basically got from the other main characters. Same it was so lame.

Comment by DarkDefender – September 13, 2013 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This site certainly hhas all tthe information I wanted about this subject
    and didn’t know who to ask.

Comment by computer coupons australia – September 13, 2013 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • #11 Do you even watch SOA..Charlie Hunnam is ALWAYS naked..Its not a tease for 50 Shades..First time he was naked was Season 1 after he killed that crazy stalker guy at Tara’s house.

Comment by Laura Salcido – September 13, 2013 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I sure hope Charlie’s ass gets a separate paycheck. It has worked awfully hard over the last 5 seasons and I’m not complaining about that one bit.

Comment by Christina – September 13, 2013 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I do watch SOA and Charlie is not ALWAYS naked but it sure is a nice treat when he is!

Comment by Pat – September 13, 2013 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Take it easy, they know the show and that Charlie is naked a lot. It was just pointing out that the people who checked out the show specifically to see him (and you know they were out there) conveniently got to see a preview of what’s to come in Fifty Shades.

Comment by Jaime – September 13, 2013 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well for ALL THOSE fiftty shades ”bitches ”who are complaining about the choice of charlie hunnum SHOULD watch the show cuz 1. he’s a good actor and 2. he knows what he’s doing when jax gets down and dirty………….hahaha! LOVE SOA!!!!

Comment by AshleyRae – September 14, 2013 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • #7. I have to agree with everyone else on the Linda situation on Under The Dome. I understand that Big Jim’s character is trying to convince Linda that he is trustworthy, but she really should be more precarious because how can she turn so quickly on Barbie when he was helping her the entire time. I know that there needs to be some sort of antagonist in the plot line, but Big Jim needs to go pronto. As far as Junior goes, I can understand having a creepy psychopath character to complicate things, but they need to define him a little bit more. Was he always crazy, or is it something that developed over time?

Comment by Matt – September 13, 2013 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Number 10: Only if they get Vince Gilligan to write it!

Comment by Steven – September 13, 2013 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Re #2, Kevin Rankin will always be Herc to me from FNL. Re #11, I definitely thought they were trying to prove to the Fifty nuts that Hunnan was a good cast. lol. I was having a terrible day Wednesday, sat down turned on my DVR just to see Otto being raped. Ugh. Did not help my frame of mind that evening at all.

Comment by phamster – September 13, 2013 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • #16 – I really thought we were going to see what Nick wrote on the inside of his bulletproof vest at the end.. He is the perfect boyfriend and I really like Andy and Nick, so I hope they are still an item next season! It’s going to be a long wait!!

Comment by Yara – September 13, 2013 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • lol exactly, when that happened, I thought, “but I’m over Andy and Sam…”
      Nick is just such a good guy, he broke my heart a little bit :(

Comment by Caroline Warrington – September 13, 2013 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought that too! When Nick sat down, he took the vest off and I thought we’d see what he wrote!

Comment by Sarah – September 13, 2013 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • #16 Weren’t the division’s corridors a little more crowded than usual when Andy and Sam were looking for Ford? Especially considering that even Frank was on the field at that moment. Aren’t the other officers also briefed on the cases? Especially one where that particular division was being targeted. If so, they had seen Ford’s picture!

Comment by Bianca – September 13, 2013 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Glad I’m not the only one this bothered, every single person in that building should have been warned about Ford and on the lookout, the fact he could get so far into the building without anyone noticing was just silly.

Comment by ABBY – September 13, 2013 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • #17. As soon as I saw the cottage I laughed and said, they went on Holiday! So the question is, did they find the cottage on Home Exchange?

Comment by Sarah – September 13, 2013 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • #16-Yes Nick is really good and I think he’s to good for Andy! I do like her and Sam together. Nick deserves someone who’s not going to flip/flop with her feelings!

Comment by K. – September 13, 2013 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Exactly the same as everyone else on Linda – couldn’t believe she’s hardly even questioning Big Jim when just a look from Barbie is more sincere than anything that comes out of Big jim’s mouth !

Comment by angelstorm – September 13, 2013 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 16. I’m not an Andy and Sam shipper but I have never liked Nick (with Andy, with Gail or by himself). I really don’t get the appeal I find him boring and wooden.

Comment by ABBY – September 13, 2013 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this just in- 2013- taking away a users backbutton is cheap/tacky/hack and acomplishes nothing.

Comment by mmartian – September 13, 2013 07:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 1. Would Vince Gilligan really be that obvious though? That whole phone call will be incredible cliche if it plays out like that, so I hope that’s not what happens.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – September 14, 2013 01:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I should add that for sure Gomez doesn’t survive this shootout, right?

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – September 14, 2013 01:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dang, leave Arsenio alone. The man just returned after being away for what in TV years is an eternity and y’all going after him for not following up on “who is Cote de Pablo”? Let it go, people…

Under The Dome has not only jumped the shark, they jumped the whole Sharknado!!!!

Comment by sladewilson – September 14, 2013 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • X-factor is rigged to be all about performance, or the lack of, and ratings.

Comment by Ron (@Ronc303) – September 14, 2013 05:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Those TV parents groups are basically split down the middle: those who watch the same things as you or me, but just complain about it afterwards, and those who watch very little TV but want to make sure nobody who does is having any fun.

Comment by Russ – September 14, 2013 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • #7. Linda has got to be one of the biggest dumb a**es in tv history!

Comment by DeeKayTee – September 16, 2013 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post