Big Brother's Aaryn Is Evicted, Earns Guffaws from Audience While Explaining Racist Remarks

Big Brother Aaryn EvictedTwo things seemed unanimous Thursday night on CBS’ Big Brother: the decision to evict Aaryn Gries, and the reaction of the live studio audience as she then attempted to explain away the offensive remarks she made while living in the house.

RELATED | CBS CEO ‘Appalled’ By Big Brother Brouhaha

After Judd, Spencer, GinaMarie, Amanda and McRae each voted to evict Aaryn, the (shhh!) ex-model said her farewells, exited the house and came out on stage, where host Julie Chen within the first 90 seconds pointed out that her behavior on the show had been perceived as racist.

“Being Southern, it’s a stereotype,” Aaryn started. “If I have said some things that have been taken completely out of context and wrong…. I did not mean to ever come off racist.” Cue the first burst of in-studio guffaws. “That’s not me,” she continued, “and I apologize to anyone I’ve offended.”

RELATED | Big Brother Slapped With Disclaimer Amid Controversy — What’d It Say?

That’s when Chen — noting that “everything they say, everything they do” gets broadcast live on Internet — rattled off a small sampling of the racist and homophobic comments Aaryn made on the live feed, including her telling Helen, who’s Asian, to “Shut up, go make some rice!”

“I do not remember saying those things,” she claimed, as more laughs erupted from the audience. “That was not meant to be serious. And if I said those things… I feel horrible. I don’t even know what else to say about that.”

RELATED | CBS Blasts Big Brother Cast’s ‘Offensive’ Slurs — Are They Right to Edit Them Out?

Reflecting on her time in the house, she contended, “I love everyone in there. Honestly, Andy (the target of her gay slur) and I are great friends, Candice (the African American she said couldn’t be found in the dark) and are great friends, I love Helen more than anything….” More audience titters.

Invited by Chen to offer her final thoughts, the gravity of how Aaryn represented herself to America seemed to hit the ex-houseguest, the smile quickly fading from her face.

“In Texas, we say things…. Sometimes we joke and we don’t mean it,” she offered. “I really feel bad that this is how it was being seen and how I’ve come across to people. I don’t want to seem like that person.”

Before Aaryn was sent off to the Jury House (aka the reason why she was shielded from the news that she lost her job back home), Chen offered this hope for the controversial evictee: “When this is all over you’re going to get to… watch a whole lot of footage. I hope and I think you might have a new perspective on things.”

Do you think Aaryn will acquire a new perspective on her behavior? And do you think Julie Chen pushed just hard enough in her questioning?

1. Eric says:

That is very annoying. Aaryn has made some awful comments, but no doubt does she deserve to be in that house. She was a beast at those competitions and one of the top people I wanted to win. It is a shame that a floater like Andy slides by while people who actually deserve to be there leave the game. Here’s to hoping Judd and Elissa make it to the Final 2. I’m going to be mad if Amanda and McCrae make it that far!

• Bartleby says:

I can’t believe I’m saying this…but I agree and I actually kind of feel bad for her…I know, it seems ridiculous. But she seemed genuinely sorry and remorseful. I don’t necessarily feel bad for her game because her social game was clearly flawed, but I truthfully hope that outside of the game she doesn’t suffer any ill effects.

• Dick Whitman says:

Yeah, she feels “sorry and remorseful” now that people are booing and laughing at her.

• Cape surfer says:

As late as last night on BB After Dark Aaryn was making racial slurs speaking in an Asian accent condescending mocking Asian manicurists.

• Bartleby says:

I’m sorry I don’t spend my life watching the live feeds and I have a life. Based on what I saw tonight, she showed genuine remorse.

• Rose says:

I heard that too on BB after dark – her and Amanda both…it was awful….and yes bartleby I have a life…

• KevyB says:

Well, Bartleby, what you saw last night should be the ONLY thing you judge her on! Because nothing else matters!

• Guy says:

I hate that no one mentions this: that Asian accent is part of a standup routine by Anjelah Johnson, who was made famous by her Bon Qui Qui character on MadTV. “Welcome to King Burger, where you can have it your way… but don’t get crazy!” It doesn’t make it much better, but it’s not like Aaryn created some stereotype character in her own mind.

• youdontknowjacque says:

to be clear, as an asian, 99.9% of manicurist are vietnamese… just wanted all the racist to at least slur intelligently- ha

• dexx says:

The fact that you understandably don’t have the time or desire to watch the feeds, doesn’t change the fact that she made remarks on those feeds. No need to be condescending, just because people point out that there is more to things than what you were aware of.

• Landon says:

FYI… she was simply quoting a famous comedian’s (Anjela Johnson’s) stand-up special to lighten the mood in the house.

• The problem with how Aaryn is acting now, versus how she was acting in the house, is that she is not surrounded by people who are agreeing with her and pumping up her ego. As soon as she is faced with people disagreeing her, she loses all confidence. She is used to being the pretty girl and getting her way. She cannot handle scrutiny. Of course she is remorseful now, but was she remorseful when people called her out in the house?? No!

• Wil Brewster says:

What more do you want from this girl?

She states very clearly that she didn’t mean to cause offense. She clued in that whites in the south ARE ALSO racially stereotyped, which woulds explain the source of much of her and their “hate,” which Julie completely dismissed and disregarded.

She apologised respectfully and genuinely if she offended anybody, to a vicious condescending crowd of typical rich white liberal trash and a CBS production crew whom exploited her for ratings when surely they would have just kicked her out if it was that offensive and it’s still not good enough.

A lot of people made comments like hers, even david, but she was scapegoated. But the real villain was CBS whom played both bases: one by profiting of it and then hypocritically lecturing and pontificating themselves to HER. OUTRAGEOUS!

I have more sympathy for the words of white southerner that say a rich jew like Amanda, whom should know better.

• Broad #1 says:

I’m from Louisiana. I’m a white/hispanic woman who lived in a town where 95% of the community was black. I’ve lived in many places, and to say that racial stereotypes were born and stay in the southern states–and that that behavior should be excused or justified because of it–is particularly irritating to me. Just stop with it already. Also, I despise Aaryn’s behavior. It is absolutely one thing to make a joke. People EVERYWHERE make a stereotypical joke every now and then. But when taken in the context of anger, game, or insult: “Be careful what you say in the dark, you might not be able to see the bitch,” is meant in a spiteful way. I don’t know about you, but when I’m mad at someone, the last thing I do is think about their ethnicity. I think about what they did to piss me off. How you even insult someone based on ethnicity is beyond me, regardless of where I grew up. In Aaryn’s case–I don’t know why she brought their race into the discussion. She’s just a mean girl that can’t make an insult based in intelligence. That being said, I’m glad Julie Chen pressed her on the things she’s said, but the segment was hard to watch because the audience wasn’t taking her seriously, therefore not taking her learning from her behavior seriously. The audience laughed at her, embarrassed her, and probably crippled her ability to change. In which case, they’re no better than Aaryn in the first place. I’d probably cried my eyes out if I was her; I think she carried herself pretty well, considering.

• rio says:

The apology was not genuine–she apologized for “coming across that way,” not for offending people. Nothing cute or funny about the comments Julie quoted, especially the hateful word “queer.” Aaryn just doesn’t get it–and then she blames the whole state of Texas! That said, I do pity her. She’s only 23 and she will have a hard time undoing the damage she’s done to herself. It will dog her for a long, long time.

• atheistlady76 says:

Wow lot of privilege and racism and playing the victim in this comment. Of course you don’t understand because you think just like her.

• Linda says:

her apology is not genuine because in the same breath she states she doesnt believe herself to be racist. That her comments are jokes. A joke is something humorous that can be applied to anyone…A joke is not to cause pain or shame or belittlement to one person or a whole race of people. She was the most vocal til amanda decided to steal the band wagon and lead the parade. This whole cast was a sad case of gutless wonders. Not one person stood up to them with Candice, or called them on their remarks. Howard remained silent. Evil flourishes when good Men do nothing…The others laughed including Andy who is educated and because of being gay has been mocked and attacked …he laughs it off and joins in the racist crap. That really was effective Andy. Judd made excuses for aarynn so did Jessie …shame on them all! Spencer hates women,gays all races except white. GM says she loves everyone then makes these really hateful remarks that everyone laughs off…She referred to Elissa’s son as” a dirty skinned mexican or Puerto Rican kid not white not her husbands kid”It was captured on You tube from the live feeds. Disgusting this woman works with kids…None of these people believe they did anything wrong and blame the People they attacked at being too sensitive.They will face some controversy when they get out and maybe some will change but i sincerely doubt it…shame on this cast the good the bad and the UGLY very little good..

• Barbara Lou says:

Aryn should apologize for her remarks with a different attitude.
          My Husband & I were born & raised in Texas & I can tell you for sure
          all Texans do not agree with her. Not only has she embarrassed herself,
          she has disrespected our Texas Heritage.

• Cynthia says:

I would not be surprised for Aaryn to be chased out of Texas, and even the US. If not physically and/or legally, then at least her shame and lack of ability to get a job will eventually force her to leave for parts unknown. All in all though, she completely deserves these consequences to her absolutely horrid actions. GinaMarie also lost her job, but she seems smarter so she will probably have the guts to actually apologize instead of coming up with excuses like Aaryn did. As for Amanda, she has easily earned a far worse reputation than either of them as a bully and generally disgusting excuse for a person. I would not be surprised if she were the next person to lose their job before leaving the house, and it would be well-deserved. In fact, one website claims that the only possibility is for her to have in fact been fired, and if that is the case, that is truly good news. I don’t mind to sound like I’m enjoying another person’s misfortune, but karma rightfully came back and bit these girls in the butt.

• Jonte says:

I’m a black woman & I watch all the episodes of BB & her interview. Aaron does not seem like shes sorry. I think shes just upset that she wasn’t portrayed as a lovely person. She could care less about what she said to Candice. i felt so sorry for candice cause it was so unprovoked for Aaron gina marie & Katlian to taunt her like that. It was so unnecesary.

• Larence says:

I’m surprised that you feel sorry for her… She knows the show is streamed live 24 hours a day yet she claims that she doesn’t remember saying that… Not apologizing for them but DENYING… She deserves exactly what she is getting. Nada! She made homophobic statements within the last 48 hours!! Well, there are good people in Texas… And some smart enough to know not to spew hateful comments like that on a show that’s ALWAYS LIVE!

• starla says:

I so agree with you! I realize that she is young and I do hope that this is the first glance that she takes and does some soulsearching…she is ignorant in a lot of ways and am sure she lives in a family that practices this kind of thinking. I do not wish her ill will either, I hope she becomes a better person, I hope she opens her mind and heart to helping humanity not hurting it. But if it wasn’t taped, and could be played back would she ever admit it? The classic I am sorry I got caught not sorry that I did it, attitude.

• T says:

Larence, I don’t agree with your last statement… That type of vile language whether in private or LIVE, should never happen. Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. It’s never ok.

• Margaret says:

BRAVO,Larence! BRAVO!!!!

• Nicole says:

I don’t feel sorry for her at all… Amanda tried to warn her at the very beginning and all she did was stick her tounge out – she is not remorseful – she is embarrassed that she was called on it

• THE NIGHT BEFORE SHE GOT EVICTED, She was still making fun of Asians with equally Racist AManda Zuckerman! I doubt she was remorseful at all.

• Sallyboy says:

you are an idiot for feeling sorry for a bigot.

• dawn says:

The night before she left she was still talking about how she disliked Asian people, so no she is not remorseful.

• Jonte says:

I don’t believe shes remorseful. If Julie would not mentioned her racist behavior, she would not care. Shes only sorry cause people know what she stands for.

• Jonte says:

Aaron said racist things throughout her time in the house. She called Candice Aunt jamima & told her to go fix her some pancakes.

• Angel says:

she knew she was being picked up on the live feeds, she just thought from her sheltered seemingly racist existence we all felt how she felt. She thought she would be beloved, she did not care that what she was saying was making someone else hurt. I do feel bad for her, but this might be the wake up call she might have never gotten, she NEEDED to hear this if there is any chance of her changing her ways. I am from Texas and we do not spout stuff like that off as a regular thing, those things do not exist in a normal persons brain, those are not go to jokes or insults. There is a grain of truth in every racially offensive joke, I hope she takes this opportunity to learn something about herself and fix it rather than make excuses for it.

The funny thing is I bet Candice will actually be the one to comfort her and offer to help her I bet.

• Bartleby says:

Completely agree. I hope Aaryn learns from this.

• Mrs. Marv Mendenhall says:

You make comments without knowing all your facts. And then when someone attempts to educate you, you insult them with “I have a life”. You may have a life but you don’t have a clue.

• Traci says:

Somehow, I don’t see Candice “genuinely” comforting her. I think the sting of Aaryn’s words & cruel treatment toward her will prevent her from comforting her. “To err is human, to forgive, Divine.”

This show brings out the absolute worst in some people. By the end of the show, I Always find myself disgusted by the majority of the houseguests and can rarely actually cheer one of them on & hope they win. Instead, I find myself hoping that the ugliest-acting person doesn’t win. And just a side note here, I think Alyssa is as ugly on the inside as Amanda. She will be the one that I will find myself cheering AGAINST in the end. Lol

• A says:

In the end, its all about winning the money, whether its floating by, winning competitions or just a good social game. It may not be entertaining to us viewers to see floaters, but its about what it takes to win the money. Just because you don’t win competitions doesn’t mean you don’t deserve to be there. Winning so many competitions really doesn’t mean much. It’s just an added bonus. There are other ways to win. I mean look at McCranda. They excelled at not getting their hands dirty for so long, while the other HGs were too slow to figure out they were being manipulated. Their whole philosophy was why get their hands dirty when they can get others to do the work for them.
      IMO, the SOCIAL game is the most important aspect of playing Big Brother. Winning a few competitions is definitely good to ensure your safety, but if you have a bad social game, you’re screwed. Don’t get me wrong. I despise Andy the rat and the she-devil that is Amanda and her whipped boytoy, but if Amanda were to make it to the end, I’d seriously consider giving her the money even though I can’t stand her. She may be a vile and disgusting human being, but for the majority of this game she was the puppetmaster.

• jenna says:

guessing you weren’t a dr. will fan? I did find myself feeling bad for aaryn however I think part of that is because amanda is currently the HG from the group of ‘offensives’ (amanda, aaryn, GM, spencer) that is infuriating me the most. I will say that I’m impressed by julie chen’s ability to combine compassion and accountability

• mypitts2 says:

If she deserved to be in the house, she would be in the house. There are several dimensions to this game. Winning competitions is only one, Another is choosing alliances wisely, and building the right relationships. I like Aaryn’s fundamental honesty, and forgive her for her little racist outbursts But she was a fool to let Amanda use her that way, and a fool and the Big Brother house are soon parted.

• abe says:

Yea she played a beast of a game during the competition and I actually starting to like her. Does she deserve to win idk. To me a person who is strategic deserves to win. Helen Mcrae and amanda are all strategic players. I wanted to helen to win but she was so stupid to believe andy was on her side. Now we got amanda who i hate more than aaryn and mcrae who stands by her side. Going back on the subject of aaryn she did played well but played it in way “america will hate her for”. She will forever be pictured as being racist and I personally think she is somewhat racist or ignorant of culture. Does she feel sorry about it i think so, but i feel like she is one of those people who are only sorry at that moment. Does she deserve the negative attentions? somewhat. was she a beast of a player? yes

• jestsaying says:

I am offended by the people who think that being on this stupid reality show is actually a “game” that requires skill. I don’t watch it, but every time i tune in i just think how it is pointless voyeurism in a world where they actually teach classes (YES THIS IS REAL) on how to get on and be on a reality show. At least things like Idol and The Voice are talent competitions. At least Top Chef and Project Runway are efforts to give prizes to people who have a skill. Since I don’t know anyone who is actually a fan of this or this type of show, I can only guess what the appeal is. I would guess it’s the belief that they too could one day be one of the lucky few to be part of the process. Because voyeurism and narcissism are staples of life in America, especially rich entitled america and poor not upwards

• Funny thing is Aaryn had a chance to align herself with Helen and Elissa but she chose to evict the Asian and stick with the White Devil Amanda

• AJ says:

Here’s what everyone forgets about competition games that have a social aspect (BB, Survivor): Deserving to be there because you’re a “beast at those competitions” means NOTHING when you don’t play the social aspect part of the game. If she’s so great at competitions, she should be on a show like Amazing Race where the social game is not important. BB is not: The person who wins the most competitions wins $500,000. BB is: The person with the best social game wins $500,000.

• John says:

I found Julie to be the bully last night. A 43 year old professional with many years experience in This business, who has had two months to sharpen her claws and prep for this ambush.

I found Julie and bb producers to be very disingenuous last night. They set up this environment in bb house (lying, backstabbing, deprivation of family and normalness), then when they get what they want (bad behavior). Suddenly Julie decides that someone crossed some line of ethics and becomes all pious?

I call Bs on Julie. Last night was a performance to boost ratings, and possibly to protect CBS. I’m not buying it!

For Julie, to label Aaryn as a Racist, based on bb house, is outrageous and unfair. Julie is basically saying that she can judge what’s in Aaryns heart and soul by quoting a few comments out of context (out of the context of those conversations, out of the context of Aaryns generation and out of the context of the bb house environment, created by CBS)

Who knows, Aaryn might be racist in real life, but there is no way I can judge that she has any hatred in her heart for any ethnic groups based on bb house. Based on the interpersonal relationships between Aaryn and ; Candice, Helen and Andy, I don’t see any hatred (at worst maybe that Aaryn is self centered and possibly made insensitive remarks … Maybe!)

When I consider Aaryn in context of her generation, I consider my daughter who is Aaryn’s age. Her close group of friends is very diverse (AA’s, Hispanics and whites). I can’t believe the comments and jokes they make towards each other, and laugh (my generation would call it insensitive and politically incorrect). But they are comfortable with it because they didn’t grow up during civil rights movements. Their exposure is desensitized (and not as a bad thing within their generational peers) by today’s mores, growing up with current Rap lyrics and today’s culture that would have been unacceptable and racially inflaming to my generation, is normal fun and banter to younger crowd.

Things Aaryn said might offend Howard and Julie generation, while being acceptable within her own generation (She could be a BB mean girl and said things on purpose to get under hg’s skin, no way for viewers to know)

For Aaryns sake, I hope she is not racist, but there is no way I can make that judgement based on BB. I can however, cast judgement on Julie and CBS for staging ambush, and claiming high moral grounds for the sake of ratings based on the environment and situation they created.

One last note; most viewers (including myself) found coach Dan’s tactics and game play very deplorable, but from all accounts, outside of BB house he is a great citizen, well respected, and charitable.

Shame on you Julie and CBS, in the words from the late, great Johnny Carson, “may the fleas from a thousand camels, infest your armpits”

Best regards
      John (former BB fan)

• Donald says:

John right on. I could not have said it better my self. Aaryn was scolded for her comments during the show. That should have been the end of it. It is amazing how people seem to want to keep the racism thing going instead of letting it be.

• dawn says:

Aaryn made racist comments in the house & Amanda tried to explain to her that other house guests was uncomfortable with it & she brushed it off. Then in Amanda’s interview she herself said that she feels Aaryn wasnt remorseful. The night before she left she made several comments about Asians right along with Amanda. Julie questioned her about earlier comments that was made not about the ones she made the night before. She made an excuse its a southern thing, then she didnt mean to come off offensive, then she was sorry. She isn’t a stupid female she’s just an ignorant one. She could have stopped when Amanda came to her early on. No sympathy.

• tripoli says:

Staging an ambush? Are you serious? Julie Chen handled the situation with class and professionalism. Aaryn is quite clearly a racist, homophobic, awful person. She signed up to be on the show, knowing full well that her every word and action would be recored and broadcast on TV and over the internet. There is no editing or storytelling to the live feeds. She said horrible things, time and time again. It’s been a huge issue this season and CBS had to address it. Julie always discusses things that happened regarding each houseguest upon their eviction. This was not an ambush. This was giving the racist little brat a chance to apologize or explain why she chose to repeatedly be racist, homophobic and out and out nasty to other houseguests. True to form, she acted confused and unaware of her actions. The fact that you have reserved your disgust for Julie Chen and not Aaryn speaks volumes and is pretty sad. Aaryn made awful comments, not only to the other houseguests, most of whom were minorities, but she made them in casual conversation with her “friends” in the house. It had nothing to do with game play or getting under anyone’s skin. To even entertain the thought that her actions were just part of her game is deplorable.

• Nothing Aaryn said was taken out of context because the footage in which she said these things was not edited…the conversations weren’t condensed, the show didn’t encourage them to talk about race, and she was never misquoted.

As far as it being a generational thing, I don’t think thats a valid argument. I have a very diverse group of friends and some of the things Aaryn said I would never dream of saying to any of them, let alone the fact that Aaryn never got along with two of these cast members. In fact I believe she ended up being responsible for their evictions.

My largest issue with your argument however is that nobody should judge Aaryn for the comments that she made, but you’re apparently more than willing to pass judgement on Julie Chen for simply fulfilling the duties of her job.

• Alex says:

I think that Chen had to address those issues in the interview because they’ve gotten so much attention from viewers. But I also think that Aaryn has been unfairly villanized by a lot of people who have rushed to judgement despite not really knowing her.

• HHS says:

Nicely said! CBS would never have done this to a liberal! Nor would they do this to anyone of color that said the same things.

• Simmer says:

Finally an intelligent, well thought out post that doesn’t let emotions rule the day. I’m of the generation that finds the comments insensitive and politically incorrect but am open minded enough to realize just because she said things that offended many people it doesn’t make her a racist.

She was blindsided about her comments seconds after being evicted and said she didn’t recall saying some of them. Julie had 2 months to hand pick comments she made during conversations so it is no surprise to me that she didn’t remember saying all of them.

The BB house sets people in a situation where peer pressure is magnified in an effort to stay popular and win $500,000. This group dynamic makes it much easier to do and say things that you would normally no do or say.

While religious people like Elisa and Howard say they hate people in the house or call them names we don’t say they are no longer Christians. When both of them lied to other players which goes against their faith they did not become labeled non Christians.

I would extend the same courtesy to Aaryn that just because her comments offended many people wait to pass judgement until she has had a chance to watch and digest what was said.

I’m sure many will suggest I’m a racist because of my comments or not a christian. These will be the same people who are condemning someone they don’t really know. They have no problem passing judgement without looking at themselves for any past deeds or comments that may not have been politically correct or insensitive.

• Should we discount the fact that they also JOKED about bashing jessies teeth out and using the blood and tears as lube when they raped her anally ? I t was just a joke after all…Amanda joked they could slit her throat and she couldnt cry . These people are hateful cruel and mean . As for your daughter and her friends using race class status whatever as humour falls on You and the other parents. Parents need to start teaching about kindness and humanity again. Stop looking the other way or making excuses that its just the way it is. That doesnt make it right or help anyone that faces the racism or the fat jokes or the jokes about how smart one child is over another……Spencer joked about children being molested and filmed in basements …how the ones about 3 years old were the best ones …more jokes , do You wish to look the other way on this as well?

2. Sarah says:

Now Amanda just needs to go

• pete says:

Everyone is coming down on arryon ,what about Amanda she is no saint either, the whole world is talking about people bullying she’s needs to take a good at her actions.

3. Tabitha says:

I don’t like Aaryn and I’m not condoning her behavior by any means, but she was NOT the only one to say those things. Amanda, GinaMarie, and Spencer have all said absolutely deplorable and disgusting things as well. If you’re going to call one houseguest out on it, you need to call them all out on it.

• Guy says:

Precisely. I hate that Big Brother has only put Aaryn in the racism spotlight and edited everyone else away. It was an easy attempt to avert attention away from the show as an institution and to pinpoint it on one person when there are a LOT of awful house guests.

• mypitts2 says:

Don’t you think Aaryn’s only in the spotlight b/c she’s the one evicted? I’d like to think others will be confronted for their remarks when they get kicked out.

• Guy says:

Well as someone commented below this: No. CBS and BB have only shown Aaryn (and a bit of GinaMarie) saying racist and hateful things. They haven’t shown any of the other house guests being as vile as they have shown Aaryn being, even though a couple of them probably deserve that negative attention even more (IMO). The most that happened was Kaitlyn was called “part of the mean girls.” Amanda got some heroic edit, trying to “help” Aaryn, which Julie reiterated during the interview, even though she’s a top offender, etc. So, no, I don’t expect the other house guests to be grilled just as badly.

• Allison says:

Because Amanda, from the beginning, was set up by the producers to be the winner. I doubt they are still doing it, but in Diary, when Amanda was the MVP nominee, they would actively dissuade anyone from voting her out. This isn’t new this season, there’ s always someone that Diary decides should go to the end. Then she got really vile and said insanely rude things to and about Candice and Jessie and Elissa and GM. Now the producers are stuck trying to find a “winner” among the group. Anyway, that is a lot of why Amanda has gotten a better CBS edit. On the feeds she is clearly psychotic!

• Stafford32 says:

Aaryn was the focus because she was the one evicted. Julie called her on her stuff, what she said. She did not put others stuff on Aaryn. I believe CBS as a company is none to happy with what’s been going on in that house, so we will probably see them hold the others feet to the fire as well. Wonder if Ms. Amanda will berate Ms. Julie Chin when she calls her out, push her buttons, as she has the others. She’s one nasty individual.

• Abby says:

Is that even true? GinaMarie has been highlighted, and so has Spencer. Amanda, sure, is getting off scott-free, but it’s not an Attack Aaryn fest. Why do so many people in America finds excuses for being racist and/or prejudiced?

• Mia says:

I’m sure each will have there time. Aaryn was only called out because she was evicted. Were Amanda, Spencer and Gina Marie evicted? no, so don’t expect the same treatment until they are!

• Elyse says:

they actually showed Aaryns racist remarks on the show… they haven’t shown any of Amanda, GM or Spencer’s… for some audience members who dont know about the live feeds it would be a little random if during the exit interviews Julie brings up their racist remarks. Aaryn has by far been the most offensive houseguest and the only
        one put on blast by CBS so far.

• CountryQueen says:

They have shown Amanda being racist – in one of the comps (I forget which one) she got into it with Candice – called her Shaniqua – and even commented on being a racist after saying it. Amanda is not getting a friendly edit.

• Julie cant call them out until they leave the house….when they do i expect she will!!!

• AshleyRae says:

It’s a about time they let her go i’ve been hearing about this on tmz.
        And as a half asian and half black GIRL……… THAT bitch deserves everything that’s coming her way being called a RACIST TO LOSING HER MODELING GIGS ETC. she’s nothing but a DUMB BLONDE BIMBO!
        I hope the ALL the people she OFFENED kicks her ASS on the street!

• linda says:

I agree…….Amanda is so disgusting about private parts and spencer about porn. I cant believe CBS is letting this go on…Julie Chens husband is CEO of CBS. I’m so surprised this has has went on like this. This might get the show cancelled…….

• linda says:

I hope Amanda and Mcgrae get voted out this coming week. There is double eviction….This season show has been disgusting. With Julie Chens husband being CEO of CBS.

• Pam says:

Amanda, GinaMarie and Spencer haven’t had their exit interview yet, so it’s likely they will get called out. As for Aaryn, pretty girls are a dime a dozen. I have to believe that for every one of the hateful things that came out of her mouth, she was thinking a dozen more. I don’t think she is going to have any easy road moving forward.

4. verynive says:

Thank you for a spoiler in the headline, you assholes!

• sarahliz1624 says:

It’s a spoiler website!

• tripoli says:

Not it’s not. It’s a TV news website, not strictly spoilers. They should be more considerate but they aren’t.

• Jdurbs says:

Why are you on a television website that posts instant recaps of shows if you don’t want to get spoiled? Maybe next time you’ll learn.

• big cheddar says:

To be fair, this site does not recap BB, so I could understand why someone would think this was one of the “safe” sites to visit before the show aired.

• Angie says:

There is no such thing as a “Safe” entertainment website. There whole purpose is to discuss entertainment news and this is big news. Once a show has aired it’s fair game and anyone who doesn’t want to get spoiled should just stay away from the site.

• CountryQueen says:

They don’t recap – but I knew coming here I would get this story and the comments to follow. You can still enjoy the show knowing who got evicted – I do it all the time since I go to the spoiler sites. The second they showed Aaron all dressed up compared to everyone else’s clothes – you knew she was going (same with Helen last week). That’s a big clue to look for when watching.

• misha says:

I really don’t understand people like this. When I don’t want to be spoiled by a show (different time zone, dvr etc.) I basically avoid the internet until I watch it, you can’t expect everyone else to accommodate your viewing schedule

• mypitts2 says:

Yep, you have to avoid the Internet, to include cell phone news feeds, if you’re serious about not spoiling a show,

• CC says:

Some people (like myself) might want to come on to this site (which barely even normally mentions Big Brother) in order to find out about different shows. I was also pretty pissed when I was spoiled about the eviction. This site usually keeps the spoilers OUT of the headlines.

• Newo says:

this site has posted multiple articles when it comes to Aaryn because of the controversy surrounding her, If you didn’t expect them to cover her getting voted out, and confronted by Julie Chen on live TV then you should know better.

• BabyFirefly says:

I agree, most websites keep the spoiler to the actual article so you have the choice of clicking on it or not. To be spoiled from the home page is a bit much regardless of it being a spoiler website.

• alistaircrane says:

It’s not a spoiler when it’s ALREADY happened, folks.

• Tenney says:

It’s not a spoiler if the show already aired.

• Dav says:

THIS!!! How hard it is for people to understand. Once a show has aired it is fair game for anyone to talk about it. If you choose not to watch it right away that’s on you. It is not the responsibility of the entire world to keep quite until you catch up!

• Bob says:

Then watch it live. Break the DVR/VOD/Netflix/Hulu habit.

• Alex says:

Quit your whining! It had already aired, so it was NOT a spoiler. If you’re too lazy and/or stupid to watch episodes before willingly entering entertainment websites, that is YOUR problem.

5. SLH says:

Nope..a blatant racist winning would be a travesty as would a bully such as Amanda winning.

• Tonya says:

Going to a website devoted to tv shows when you are trying not to be spoiled about a tv show is a brilliant strategy!

• Tonya says:

Well that posted under the wrong person…I guess that’s what I get for trying to tell someone they’re an idiot online. Yup, I’m an idiot too. The Internet wins again.

6. Alex says:

Eric- she may have been a strong comp player but she was always a puppet and never used her power to save her game but rather further mccrandas game.

As for her remarks, hopes she can grow from them

7. Dick Whitman says:

I hope they ask Amanda about her comment on Elissa’s son (that he “should have been a blowjob”).

• Bartleby says:

Amanda is beyond awful. I hadn’t heard this one, but I can’t say I’m surprised. Thankfully, she has no chance to actually win and everyone will forget she existed about a week after the finale, if not earlier.

• Amanda WILL win….at least that’s what the word on the street is. She’s friends with the producer and it’s already been decided….don’t know how but it has. I’ve stopped investing 3 hours a week to the show. I just popped in to see who got booted.

• Bartleby says:

Obviously if there are behind the scenes things going on, that’s different, but assuming everything is equal she has no chance to win.

• The Squatch says:

This amuses me every single season. There are always people talking about producer interference and such. Does it happen? Probably. But I doubt that they can help Amanda to win the game at this point without it being completely transparent because everyone in the house wants her gone. I actually like Amanda and Macrae. I have since the beginning. I know she rubs people the wrong way and says mean things that I don’t approve of… but I also know that she is the only one who seems like she has actually been playing the game from the start. The others all seem like they are just now realizing that there might actually be some sort of strategy involved. I mean, everyone loves Elissa, which I don’t really understand. She has said some pretty bad things about everyone else as well, like calling them scum and saying they are beneath her and she is so much better than them. Plus, she acts like she is doing Big Brother a favor by being there, all because she is related to someone else who played. That someone, Rachel, being a person who also seems to be beloved now, but I remember during her season everyone just thought she was really annoying.

• JKO says:

I agree with this post. I have liked Amanda all season. As Spencer said, “She is assertively honest”. If you cannot take it don’t play the game. It is a game going on 24/7 – people will make mistakes – that’s what makes it a reality show. To nit pick it apart is just silly.

• Alex says:

Amanda is a horrible person. Why do you admire that?

8. Rob Horine says:

No. She’s a stupid whore. And that’s all she’ll be. She better hope she can get a job at a cathouse, cause pros have a higher standing than a stupid racist B!TC#!

• JAson says:

Doesn’t really matter. She is hot so she will most likely marry a rich man!! She doesn’t need a job! Racist or not!!

• David says:

Is her racist language worse than your sexist language? I’m no fan of Aaryn but I dislike double standards (btw, I’m a guy)

• Kate says:

Good for you for calling him out on the sexism! His language is just as bad as most of the comments made in the house. Maybe since you’re not any of the above sexist epithets he might hear you.

• David says:

Nah, he’ll probably resort to calling me gay or something. Which is fine by me. There’s nothing wrong with being gay.

9. I’m glad that Julie Chen and the Big Brother producers addressed this at Aaryn’s eviction.
    If she had indeed grown during her time in the house, I would feel more compassion for her air of contrition. However, as recently as yesterday in the live feeds, she was making offensive comments.

10. courtland says:

okay, i know its a news and spoiler website and everything and its not like spoiling breaking bad or something but tvline is usually better about not spoiling in headlines…and this is a blatant headline spoiler

11. MichelleR. says:

I do think Julie pressed hard enough for now. Aaryn will be consumed with wondering what wasn’t said, if this is the reason her mother isn’t writing, if she’s damaged her career, and what she will find on the outside.

12. nosey says:

Wow, I actually saw a change in her. She said those things early in the season, but she has apologized to Candice, and became good friends w/ Andy and Helen. I think what she said was inappropriate, but has since redeemed herself. I never saw her as a racist, though, just saw her as someone who doesn’t know that not everything can be said even jokingly. Plus I like the fact that she actually won competitions which actually hurt her more in the game than her remarks. Actually I would prefer to see Andy gone b/c he is a floater. But I think she is singled out way too much when Amanda, GinaMarie have done and/or said similar comments to Candice (and I have not seen where either has apologized). But I do honestly believe Aaryn earned her right to be in the game. The only problem I had with her was she was playing everyone else’s game. But yes she did say hurtful things, and has apologized to Candice and has made genuine friendship w/ Helen and Andy. Again, I did not see any apologies from either GinaMarie or Amanda when the made similar comments unless it was just not aired.

• Elyse says:

last night on the live feeds (I saw some articles about it on twitter) Amanda and Aaryn were using an “Asian voice” and mocking Asian manicurists. Aaryn has REPEATEDLY blamed Candice and said that Candice lied and made her look like a racist up until the second Candice left. there is so much that happens on the live feeds that CBS just edits out. Aaryn has apologized just to save face… I don’t even think she realizes that what she says is offensive because she’s just that ignorant to it. I don’t think she will truly be remorseful until she leaves the house and sees she lost her job and actually watches herself and the comments she made. I’m glad to see her go personally and I will be curious to hear her reaction once she’s out!

• nosey says:

I guess I cannot see how what she said makes her a “racist”, what she said was “hurtful”. . . I would consider her a “mean girl” as opposed to a “racist”, and could even agree that you can classify what she said as ignorance. An ignorant remark does not spell “racist” to me just ignorance. I still don’t see why she is getting more heat than GinaMarie or Amanda. Amanda and GinaMarie said what I considered offensive remarks relative to Candace’s race and I have not seen any video clip showing any type of remorse or apology from either of the two. I have seen a clip of Aaryn apologizing directly to Candace. I honestly think the remark about Amanda saying the Shaniqua is coming out (referring to Candace) is more offensive than Aaryn saying you may not see “Candice” in the dark. Even @ that, I still cannot conclude “racism” from these remarks, just stupidity. But again I know not everything is being aired, so I hope Amanda and GinaMarie did apologize. It is sad that these offensive remarks are made at all, regardless of the intentions.

13. FancyPants says:

I think everyone is a little too sensitive. Joking that its hard to see a black person in the dark or that Asians eat a lot of rice is about as racist as saying that the white man can’t dance. Guess what… I’m white and I can’t dance but I’m not offended by that because I’m not a sensitive sissy. Everyone who cries racism for every little thing is just trying to make themselves feel better for their own insecurities. Grow up!

• J says:

that may be true if those were the only offensive comments aaryn had spewed however they are only the tip of the iceberg. I however find her to be sheltered and ignorant more than racist and hope she grows from this experience

• Dick Whitman says:

Except she was not joking.

• FancyPants says:

What does joking have to do with racism? Julie called her out for being a racist and a homophobe. If you truly think that she hates people of other races because they are of another race or is scared of gay people because they are gay then it’s you who has the problem. She obviously doesn’t have any of those feelings. So anyone who points out that there are actual differences that exist between people of different races is now racist?

• Elyse says:

She called Andy queer and made fun of Candice being dark or talking in a “ghetto” voice to be hurtful to Candice and to make her feel inferior. She wasn’t making a joke she was being a bigot.

• Betsy says:

how about you, as a white person, stop telling minorities how to feel about racism because you don’t have any clue what you’re talking about?

• FancyPants says:

I guess I just don’t see things your way because I have a positive attitude and base opinions I have about people off the experiences I have with those people. So I guess you’re only allowed to not like someone if they are the same color as you because if they aren’t then it doesn’t matter what they did to you to make you dislike them, you are just a racist because you don’t like them? ….and people wonder why our great nation is in a decline. Let me give you a hint, it people like you who throw the word racism around to get others to bow down for fear of being accused of bring a racist.

14. Bobbie Brown says:

I watch Big Brother to be entertained; absolutely love the show. Big Brother 15 will definitely go down in history as being the worst show ever. All thanks to Aaryn, Ginamarie, Spencer and AMANDA. Amanda puts the capital B in “witch.” Her verbal assault on Elissa was hard to watch and as one of the viewers said, she should leave the house in handcuffs… and a straight jacket!!! Her family is probably bursting with pride for Psycho Witch (with a “B”). This truly was the show from hell.

15. Linda Pearl says:

There was no fluff in Julie’s interview as with other evictions. Her statements to Aaryn were pointed and watching her squirm, is only the beginning of what’s in store for her, when she gets back to reality.

16. Mike R. says:

Not saying she didn’t deserve it, because she probably did, but I still felt bad for Aaryn, and that whole exchange was very hard to watch, because I truly don’t believe Aaryn is a horrible person, just very ignorant of what her words did to other people. With that said she said some horrible things that are not in anyway excusable because of ignorance, but I’m not sure I liked how they dealt with it. I also am worried that Aaryn will be a scapegoat if sorts, Because she was only one of the many house guests who said offensive things, will they do the same to GM, Amanda, and Spencer, somehow I doubt. What made what Aaryn said worse than the others. I feel that if CBS decided to shame Aaryn on live television the others deserve it as well.

17. chloe says:

I’m surprised that some are saying that she’s changed, since that’s not what I see on BBAD. I know some people are feeling bad for Aaryn right now, but I think Julie was right to give her some tough love. Maybe that was enough of a shock to keep Aaryn from being nasty in the jury house. Now she’ll have the time in the jury house to process what might be waiting for her when she leaves.

• FancyPants says:

I personally find it quite refreshing to find someone on tv that doesn’t follow the political correctness bible that’s been shoved down our throats. I don’t think she needs to change anything, I just think people who are easily offended need to get over it.

• nikki says:

i am surprised as well, Chloe, because obviously she has not changed at all, she was just acting dumb at the interview because she was realizing how people on the outside were perceiving her…and you are right, the only thing she can do now is try to mentally prepare herself for how the world is going to treat her whenever she goes home to her sweet Texas….and i say the world because this story of Big Brother racism has gone worldwide…i do not feel sorry for this hateful, evil bitch at all…she knew that she was hurting people, that is why she said and did all of the things that she did….she is not remorseful at all….and she could give a damn about the racist/homophobic things that she said…she is not sorry at all, and she will never change…that is who she is…a hate filled racist pig!

18. Dwayne I. says:

Candice Stewart is half white, a beauty queen winner and college educated in speech pathology. Aaryn, which is an anagram of aryan (used in Nazism to designate a supposed master race of non-Jewish Caucasians usually having Nordic features) and GinaMarie have more in common than anyone on the show, if race is taken out of the equation. Contrary to popular USA belief, social class plays a huge factor in our society, which play out so vividly in BB 15. Just look at the relationships. Candice, Aaryn and Marie should have bonded over their beauty pageant commonality. They are not in Candice’s social upper middle class, Aaryn is lower middle and GinaMarie working class would make them uncomfortable around Candice and gravitate toward a racial cohesion against Candice.

• Sally Hendricks says:

Dear Lord, Aaryn is an anagram of Aryan (stretching much?) Aaryn is the female version of Aaron.

• Alex says:

Also, Aaryn didn’t name herself. And if Dwayne I. truly does believe that her name is indicative of some horrible traits she possesses, he should stop and think that her parents named her, and the way she was raised by them has certainly contributed to the kind of person she is.

• White Male says:

Excellent point on Aaryn, GM, and Candace not bonding. You are right…based on interests…this should have happened.

19. LC says:

Dan was wrong tonight in his interview with Julie Chen when he said we’re seeing a new game play style from Amanda. She’s just the female version on Evil Dick. I didn’t like the style from ED and don’t like it from Amanda either. Time for her to go.

As for Aaryn, I really thought Julie went very easy on her. Had she been eliminated soon after those comments were made, I think we’d have seen some real flames coming from the Chenbot.

20. TETRISHERMIT says:

Search “amanda racial tourettes” on youtube and realize that CBS has been only been showing us a very one sided look into the racism this season. Meanwhile, they portray Aaryn in the worst way possible and then ambush her with quotes and jeers when she leaves the house 50~ days later. She lost her job too! Congrats CBS, you basically ruined this girl’s life just to min/max your ratings.

• Elyse says:

Her life was already ruined. Her modeling agency dropped her before CBS aired any of her offensive remarks. I agree they need to be putting other house guests on blast but Aaryn is by far the worst offender and personally I’m glad CBS showed her comments at all! That’s just my personal opinion.

• Lara says:

Aaryn ruined her own life. Stop making excuses for her.

21. Mark says:

Well that was pretty lame to not have like any sort of spoiler warning. The show hasn’t even aired yet on the East coast. Really uncool Matt :(

22. Kim says:

She is an adult and she signed up for it! I’m sure she was aware that people would be listening to her bashing people every single day she has been there, I just truly don’t think she knows any better, thats what she knows what she was taught!
    Between bulemic GinaMarie and crazy mental case Amanda they are getting their ratings I guess! Gross how people act and then think its ok really! I hope I teach my children better that’s all I can hope

23. Elyse says:

I’m so glad Aaryn is gone! I’ve been waiting for this since the end of week 1!

24. Lara says:

It was great to watch Aaryn confronted with her racist words. Ignorant fool is getting what she deserves and Aaryn, not all Southerners and Texans are racist like you. Obviously in your world….

25. Angie says:

I loved it. She got what she deserved. She is a racist pig. GO JULIE!!!!!

26. I watch all three episodes on Saturday’s with my wife, so I don’t read any spoilers so that we can try and figure out what is going to happen. Thanks so much Matt, for taking the fun out of this week for me. You did NOT need to put that blatant of a headline as the subject. “Big Brother Evicted houseguest gets booed by audience” or something like that. Come on, you guys should know better than this.

• GrowUpScooter says:

Scooter you’re an idiot. If you don’t want it spoiled, then it’s YOUR responsibility NOT TO LOG ONTO THE INTERNET, and more specifically, TO A SITE THAT DISCUSSES TV SPOILERS AND WHATNOT.

Grow up.

• The reason I come to TVLine is that I have found them to be very responsible about not putting spoilers in the headlines. I don’t get to watch Walking Dead live either, and never once have I been spoiled by this site. They will always put something vague in the headline that warns me off. So you can tell me to grow up, but I was just expressing my disappointment. If you think that me feeling disappointed or upset by that makes me an idiot, ok. Nobody cares what I think, and nobody cares what you think. These threads are simply a place for us to express what we are feeling. If you think its anything more than that, you are probably fubar anyways.

• tripoli says:

Aplogies to you for the rude comments you’ve gotten. I totally agree with you and have made the same comment on this site numerous times before. TVlLine used to be great about leaving anything spoiler like in the body of the article, allowing visitors to the site to easily avoid those particular articles while still enjoying coming to the site. Sadly that is a thing of the past. They spoiled a major Walking Dead death right at the top of the main pageand d it’s been down hill since then. It’s pretty pointless to make comments like yours as it only brings out the jerks who will throw insults and rude remarks at you. Best of luck in remaining spolier free in the future.

• Alex says:

You’re being very stupid about this. If you want to stockpile episodes, so what. If you want to stockpile and then whine about being spoiled, you are simply a moron.

27. Kristin says:

Finally! She was called out for her terrible behavior and was left stuttering and stammering. All she had was to keep blaming her home state of Texas. If I were a Texan, I’d be upset. The first thing out of her mouth was “It’s a stereotype” but then she says its something all Texans do. Lol stereotype much? I don’t for one second believe that she’s a decent person. She carries so much anger and resentment for others. Hopefully this was enough to make her take a good hard look at herself. I hope she can change for the better.

28. Reda says:

Aaryn has said some horrible things I agree, but Amanda is a true blue evil, mean person and Spencer is disgusting also because he has made some nasty, vulgar remarks especially about Jessie. True, Gina marie also got into the name calling racist game too. This Big Brother has had the meanest house guest yet by far. If your going to call out one I agree call them all out.

• jake says:

Swearing on the bible and a loved ones grave when its an outright lie is way worse imo and dan got praised for that last year, BB viewers sure are wishy washy. One year everyone loves a devious player, the next they’re rooting for a floater like Jordan

29. Sally Hendricks says:

Yes, it was awful the things Aaryn said. I am a proud southerner and can’t believe she said those things. I do think CBS hated her and wanted to present her in the worst light. Julie got in the middle of it by getting offended herself and talking about it on the internet and TV programs. The strong reaction was in the beginning when Aaryn wanted to get Elissa off and all of Elissa’s fans had a fit. There after, every word Aaryn uttered was noted and criticized. Emails sent to CBS. If she were not the first to go after Elissa, I think nothing would have been said. Now since this is the new custom, to be fair Julie needs to have a list of things they said that was inapproriate of each houseguest voted out. That’s just my opinion.

30. xwiseguyx says:

We’ve turned into such a sanitized nation of people that are offended by everything….

31. Fred says:

Omg! I am so sick of Amanda! I wish Elissa would hit her in the head with a frying pan. That bi*&h is crazy and a disgrace to Florida! Move your fat ass out of Boynton Beach! You stupid tramp. Especially after hearing you leave condoms around the house. I can’t wait to see her leave. She crys after she goes off on people. Talk about BIPOLAR! I hope GM , Elissa or Judd wins! Go GM put up Amanda and get her out!

32. Aaryn might be young and ignorant , BUT , AMANDA has to be one of the most disgusting players in Big Brother USA history ,

33. PPPG says:

Glad she’s gone. I only watch for the games, Reading between them or something, but these remarks were … disgusting. IMHO her ‘apology’ basically was her putting 2 and 2 together, “Uh Oh, I forgot the 24/7 filming … bye bye modeling career … hello, dive-shop waitress job.”

34. Maria says:

As a human being, I feel a little bad that she was grilled in front of a live audience about her actions, we all make mistakes and most of us don’t have to explain them to hundreds of people booing us. However, she did make those comments on a television show called “Big Brother”, everyone in that house should know that anything and everything they say is being recorded and will stay on the internet forever. They signed onto this show knowing that they might get fans or haters upon leaving this show. They even discuss their “twitter followers” while they’ve been in that house. So, they know they are being recorded and yet, she still chose to make insulting remarks time and time again. As did Amanda and Gina Marie. I can’t feel 100% sorry for her and the heat she is about to get once she leaves the game completely because if this is how she talks when she KNOWS she is being filmed, I can’t imagine what she says when cameras are not on her. I hope that she comes out of this experience a better person. Same for Amanda and Gina Marie.

35. cjeffery7 says:

it sounds like it was an appropriate amount of grilling. i am an empathetic person, putting myself in that situation where i was suddenly being grilled over transgressions i either didn’t remember or didn’t actually think were bad, i wouldn’t want it to be aired to millions of people. that would be hugely emotionally scarring. which is obviously the ironic part of all this because the entire experience is based around 100% visibility all the time. of course julie had to confront her about the things she said, but it was respectful, human to human, to not totally rip her ass apart on live tv. does she deserve that much respect in a private setting? not so much. girl needs a serious wake up call from the 21st century.

36. Chablis says:

Well glad you recapped. The sitei usually follow I linger allows mobile comments :-( not sure why

CBS and the ChenBot have sold their souls to the devil. Racism, homophobic and now add bullying. Amanda allegedly went to DR to ask if she was going too far with Amanda. CBS said carry on. Whose really to blame?

37. Chablis says:

I follow no longer…… Edit

38. Greg says:

CBS public humiliation of her was no better than what she said in the house. In no way do I defend what she said or did in the house but come on EVERYONE makes mistakes. America is so hell bent on people who make mistakes that its kind of sad. This woman has no job when she leaves the jury house because of her mistakes so why In the world would CBS make it more difficult for her? What happen to two wrongs don’t make a right? In my mind what happen to her last night is no better than what she did! People need to grow up and learn to help rather than make it worse

• dude says:

Was she humiliated? Absolutely and I don’t think it was right but she 100% had to be grilled about the things she said. You can’t let that kind of abhorrent racism slide because “two wrongs don’t make a right.” She needed to atone for her actions and she did a piss poor job at doing that. I don’t agree with the way they handled it but saying they should have let it go because she lost her job and people hate her is a cop out. She knew full well everything she said was being broadcast on television and the Internet. She made that bed and now she has to lie in it. It’s only fair.

• lorna says:

Being a racist is not an example of making a mistake. Perhaps what you mean is that saying your racist beliefs out loud is a mistake. That girl has hateful views and she was stupid enough not to keep them to herself. Now she will pay the price.

39. Aa says:

Just yesterday Aaryn said that Mexicans don’t do her yard gorillas do. And she also said her favorite line was GO MAKE SOME RICE. She talked about her Dad hating queers too. Go back andmreadmsome of the live footage!

40. Kevin W. says:

It’s gonna get REAL when she gets home.

41. dude says:

When the game started, I really, really hated her. She seemed like a total stuck up, vile racist bitch and I definitely wanted her evicted. The thing is, over the past few weeks I think we’ve gotten a more complete picture of Aaryn as a whole. I don’t think she’s a nice person, I think she’s capable of being very mean, nasty and racist but I don’t think she’s pure evil either. Because of that, it was hard to enjoy watching her be utterly humiliated on television. A month ago, I’d be celebrating but not now. I applaud Julie for having the guts to really go there with her because she should have to fess up to what she did (her “I don’t remember saying that” and “I’m Texan” were weak retorts) but I still felt bad for her nontheless.

42. jake says:

australia Big brother has been 100x better. Ive never seen that one before and its better in almost every aspect of the show, including the contestants

43. Allison says:

i HATE that she used the excuse, “well I’m from Texas and we say things and joke there”. UGH! As a Texan, that is SO not how I want to be represented. Are there racists here? Yep. But there are racists everywhere and to use your state as an excuse is reprehensible.!

• Kelsey says:

I’m Texan as well, and I’m mad at her all over again for acting like being racist is something just normal in Texas! So the first thing you do after leaving the house is drag your own state through the mud? I’m not racist! Racist jokes aren’t “something I do!”

Forget what Bowling for Soup said, Aaryn, and don’t come back to Texas. We don’t miss you!

44. Brenda R. says:

I thought Julie actually handled herself professionally. Aaryn was racist and vulgar in that house and just the night before was making fun of Asians along with Amanda. She slandered Candice before eviction and everyday after her eviction. She did not like Candice at all and she claimed to be best friends with her during her exit interview. She behaved poorly and she thought it was cool and now she knows it was not cool. I do not feel bad at all for her. I am so curious what she is telling everyone in the Jury house about her interview and I really wonder how she will treat Candice now. Should be interesting! Julie needs to get Amanda next.

45. nikki says:

i cannot understand the people who feel sorry for this racist bitch….i guess none of them are asian, black or gay, and they do not understand how much these hateful things that she said hurts people, she kept saying them over and over again, and only apologized to Candice because she thought about the way she may have been perceived, she even said that she should be given credit for trying to be nice, but she was not really genuine about it, she said it herself to jeremy in the bathroom, at one time….she is a die hard racist and she got what she deserved by Julie, as a matter of fact, Julie should have went harder on her racist ass, and i cannot wait for Amanda and Gina to get out there, i hope they are hit hard as well…..

46. White Male says:

Bottom line…Aaryn is an over confident, racist brat. She grew up, and continues to be….entitled. We all know she thought she could get by, as she normally does in this world…based on her looks. By 12 yrs old, most of us know better than to attack ppl based on their differences…so why wouldn’t a 23 yr old know better? Pls don’t defend her based on her age. Her apology was based on fear. She cannot handle being on the receiving end of insults and judgement.

47. Brian says:

Julie was too hard on her she was trying to destroy the girls life on national tv. She was sorry ” forgive thy neighbor”

• Blahhhhhh says:

Omg cry me a river. She was wrong stop making excuses for her. That’s why there are still so many racists in this country. Open your mouth and pay the price. Don’t be stupid.

• Roger says:

Julie was rude and arrogant beyond belief. Aaron still has a right to her views and I cannot fathom Julie as the corrector. Julie is simply ignorant and rude.

48. KegOst says:

This season was the worst one by far. These final 3 contestants are just awful, Andy was just a slimy weasel, lying to everyone and that does not make game play, they need to do it with their morals and values still intact. Howard or Elissa would have been my choices to win. Both Spencer and GinaMarie had NO gameplay whatsoever so they don’t deserve it either. The season finale show does not interest me in the least and I will not be watching it.

49. June says:

It is very apparent that Aaryn is racist and the comments she made were despicable. She deserves exactly what’s happening to her now but one thing I don’t understand is why her comments are so racist (and they were) but when Candice repeatedly calls white members of the cast “BOO’ not one person commented on that as racist and quite frankly I consider that just as racist. In actual fact there was a number of cast members who made racists slurs and they should have all been disqualified from the game. It’s not right that Aaryn is the only one who was called out on her remarks.