Nashville Casts Newcomer Chaley Rose as Scarlett's Childhood Best Friend

Nashville Season 2 Cast Chaley RoseScarlett’s BFF is on her way to Nashville.

The ABC drama has cast Chaley Rose as Zoey, an old pal of Ms. O’Connor’s who also has designs on a career in country music, it announced Tuesday via Twitter.

Rose has appeared in an episode of Anger Management and can be seen in the upcoming film 36 Saints.

RELATED | Nashville Season 2 Scoop: [Spoiler] Almost Dies!

The casting comes soon after Chris Carmack (who plays Gunnar’s closeted friend Will) and Lennon and Maisy Stella (who play Rayna’s daughters Maddie and Daphne, respectively) were promoted to series regulars for Season 2.

Who would you like to see Zoey interact with? Sound off in the comments!

1. Austin says:

Another aspiring singer we already have Gunnar and Avery and Scarlett and Rayna’s Girls and Will. Too many. :(

• TL says:

Agreed. I’m fine with the addition of Will character, but then if you keep adding people and not focusing on the great cast already, you are going to dilute it all.

• Josh says:

Gotta agree. Pretty sure one more is coming on too. We’ve got the two big stars, the two up and comers in Scarlet and Gunnar, and we have Avery as the struggling person. Do we really need to see a repeat of the “Want to get discovered”

2. the girl says:

It cannot hurt to give Scarlett something to do besides bounce between Gunnar and Avery. Besides, maybe this new cast member will be a background singer for Scarlett, so she won’t just have an entirely separate storyline.

3. newinkpop says:

Too many people, not enough time

4. Drew says:

Scarlette and Gunnar were the most interesting characters (until they went crazy toward the end of the year) and best singers. If the newbies are interesting characters who don’t need all of the auto-tuning that some of the others drown in, I am fine with cutting back on other characters.

5. Joe says:

To many want be singers and not enough time.Looks like Nashville will have a season 2 like Revenge and OUPT

• iMember says:

If that’s the case, then MAYBE Nashville might be able to turn itself around and become good again like Revenge did. The Revenge writers noted their issues, heard the fanbase, and brought the show back FULL FORCE and ended the season with a bang! And by the sound of it, they’re working extremely hard on Season 3. Once Upon A Time still needs recovering though. The finale was meh.

I don’t know if I’m going to continue with Nashville though. The finale was sooo cliche and the show just makes each of the characters’ lives miserable.

6. Avery says:

Finally some color on Nashville!..even though ABC seems to cast the same type in ALL there series.

7. Dana says:

Have to say this is the absolutely best show I have seen and actually been addicted to in years. I tell EVERYONE how great it is BUT…Agree there are too many wannabe CW singers on the show, of course thats what Nashville is in reality all about, but I feel the show needs to concentrate on the great cast they already have and quit stringing things along, move at a faster pace and quit leaving out so much in between scenes and shows. Makes me feel like I missed something and then I re-watch and realize that a lot of detail is just not there. Be more in-depth. And more of the awesome scenes like the first shows ending song with Scarlett and Gunnar. I watched it over and over. Sorry..Back to Zoey. Shes beautiful but I see her sticking a knife in Scarletts back already. Please make her a nice girl. Enough deception as is. Maybe she can help Will become a better person. Possibly help Avery get over Scarlett. Although they have history, Scarlett deserves better than Avery but they are on different levels going in different directions. Zoey can help reform Wills selfish ways and by then Avery will be ready to accept another sweet innocent long time crush who can help him get back on track with his life and career, that possibly even has a love-child hiding in the wings. Sounds like a winner to me but then I’m no writer.

8. dibbie says:

Please don’t get rid of Deacon I love him I want him and Rayna to be together.

9. It immediately transforms your look and is the easiest
    makeover you can employ. After that, the pair headed
    straight to the New Jersey Nets player’s hometown for the first time as
    a married couple to spend the weekend with his family and friends.
    Kanye West has revealed that he hasn’t been so happy in a long time.

10. Jerry Cole says:

I wondered if Chaley Rose considers herself to be black and if the character Zoey is supposed to be black. Of course, it’s totally cool if she is and no one cares and she has a white bf in Gunnar. But I’m curious if the writers will ever make anything of it.

11. Gary Kirklin says:

I think Chaley is awesome and would have to have a record by her. GO ZOE–LOVE YA