True Blood Recap: Love at First Bite

true blood terry dies season 6
Since neither you, I nor anyone else believed for a nanosecond that True Blood was gonna kill off Sookie, nobody’s gonna get the vapors when they read that no, her father does not succeed in drowning her in this week’s episode, “Don’t You Feel Me?” But what may come as a surprise (not a vapors-worthy surprise, but a surprise nonetheless) is the identity of her savior.

VIDEO | Insaaaaane New True Blood Trailer: Who’s Funeral is Sookie Attending?

HOLDING OUT FOR A HERO | Though Billith senses that Sookie is in danger (even emitting one of his patented “Suhkies” in response), he can’t wait until nightfall to ride to the rescue, so he dispatches daywalker Warlow to the scene. After Papa Stackhouse is sent packing by a magical fairy ball and a stern talking-to, Sookie spirits away Warlow to fairy land, lest Billith succeed in summoning him back (using the vomit-and-writhe method that Jessica so disliked). In the netherworld, Warlow spins a lovely tale about how, if he and Sookie got together, he could stop, you know, eating people. She’s still iffy about becoming a vampire, but she apparently likes what she hears – so much so that she lets her suitor du jour bite her (just a nibble), bites him (ew! She doesn’t even have fangs!) and then, living up to her rep as a “danger whore,” screws him while he’s tied to a rock to ensure that he doesn’t lose control and bleed her dry. Ah, romance!

AND NOW THE END IS NEAR | Meanwhile, at vamp camp, Eric and Pam survive their fight to the (true) death just fine, thank you very much. (Whew!) But the Governor is still hell-bent on making Eric pay for turning his daughter, so he injects Nora with a fatal dose of hepatitis V. (Would it be wrong to say “hurrah” here? What if I say it very quietly?) Later, Eric summons Willa to help him escape so that he can get Nora outta there. (Wait, that dose was supposed to be fatal… die! Die already!) Before they split, Willa wants to spring Jessica and Tara as well. “I guess,” says Eric in the same tone that most kids use when asked if they wanna give Aunt Bertha a big kiss.

VIDEO | True Blood Cast Teases Game-Changing Finale, Shares Details of “Lost” Alcide Plot

DAY JOB | When Billith realizes that Jessica is MIA, he summons Lilith to get the 411 on how he can save her. Unfortunately, the mother of all vamps doesn’t take kindly to being used as a supernatural Google. (She even has to scold him for giving her attitude. The idea!) Luckily, Billith is able to connect the dots between Lilith’s reference to “the tyrant” and a newscast about Louisiana’s new deal with the makers of Tru Blood, and deduce that the Governor has Jessica. In no time, Billith has downed a vial of Warlow’s fae blood and beheaded the politician. Which, in retrospect, doesn’t save Jessica at all, does it, Billith?

OUR MAN ON THE INSIDE | Of course, Billith, Eric, Willa and Nora aren’t the only fangers out to spring Jessica from vamp camp – Jason wants to save her, too. But as soon as Sarah discovers that he’s infiltrated the LAVTF, she sets out to make him regret it… by forcing him to watch his ex have sex with another vampire. (Mind you, Jess doesn’t have to go through with it: Her would-be partner, James, withstands UV blast after UV blast rather than be turned into a rapist.)

TRAGIC KINGDOM | While Holly comes up with a brilliant way to make Terry forget his troubles – have a vamp glamour them away! – the solution comes too late: His old buddy shoots him dead the next day! (RIP, Terry. You will be missed. For the love of God, is Nora still not dead? Come on!) Even sadder, Andy names his daughter, No. 4, Adelynn Braylyn Charlaine Dannica. (Still better than the name Sookie. But not much better.) And, after Sam returns Emma to Martha (with the proviso that they stay away from the pack), Alcide decides that, in spite of his roid rage, he’ll let the shifter and Nicole live (so long as they remain out of sniffing range). Is it too late to renegotiate the part about letting Nicole live?

Okay, your turn. What did you think of the episode? Brothers & Sisters’ Luke Grimes made a great first impression as James, I thought. But it’s gonna be a while before I get over Terry’s death. (Was he not the sweetest character on the whole show?) Did you see the twist coming that the Governor was only interested in jump-starting Tru Blood production so that he could poison all vampirekind with hep V? And what did you make of the big light that radiated off of Sookie and Warlow when they sealed the deal? Did they make a fairy baby? (Or, if Andy’s history with faebies is any indication, a whole litter of them?) Hit the comments.

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Recaps

1. Darth Pablo says:

Boots Still On……Not Saying…..Just Saying!!!

2. S says:

No surprise on Terry… The Eric, Pam, Jason ,Tara and Willa scenes were my favorite. As usual Sookie is fickle as ever. I like Ben but I do not like him and Sookie and find them to be a bore. Alcide was a douche yet again to Sam and as much as I like Joe I think Alcide’s time is up and he needs to go now.

• elizabeth says:

Fickle? It’s been what, three weeks max since season 4 in True Blood time, so three weeks since she had hot forest sex with Eric. Yeah, very fickle IMO

3. Jon says:

It’s Charlaine. It’s a nod tithe writer of the Sookie Stackhose Novels, Charlaine Harris

4. Elly says:

Damn you True Blood!!! That was so unnecessary. Seriously, Terry was one of the best.

• CR says:

I was beginning to think I was the only one who would miss Terry. Who will take care of Felix now? Had the killed off Arlene, Carrie Preston could have moved onto The Good Wife were she is actually a useful and fun character.

• Itssonotfair says:

I feel so guilty because I was worried about everyone, but the best example of human kind. And he wasn’t even killed by supernatural mean, just a gun shot wound to the neck.

R.I.P. Terry

• Moonpie, says:

I freakin LOVED Terry. He was one of my favorite characters.

• Elly says:

I know, I was so worried about them killing Eric or Sam I didn’t see this one coming. Seriously, Terry did not need to go. Whichever writer decided that…I hope you get a kick in the junk. I’m still emotionally recovering, poor Arlene.

Oh and how freaking cruel is that to Andy?!?! He loses 3 daughter’s and now his cousin/brother/best friend? Wtf true blood.

• Zayne says:

Terry was fine as a character but they had nothing to do for him. His plot line last season was atrocious. I agree I’d rather see Carrie Preston in the Good Wife more often. Maybe not that they seem to be whittling this storyline down, we’ll get that.

• jazzyt2u says:

I absolutely LOVE her on that show!!!!!

• Alice says:

I LOVED Terry. Loved him as a side character (that Ifrit storyline was terrible) but in the earlier seasons I was happy every time he was on screen.
      He will be missed.
      This frees him up for the Gilmore Girls movie though, right?
      How is Tara STILL alive? Why couldn’t her annoying-self have stayed dead?

• Elly says:

THANK YOU! Seriously, kill off Tara. They have ruined her character, she use to be so much better before the turn. I would have been fine if they killed Tara or Jason or even Alcide but not Terry!!!!

• Bobby says:

I love Tara. Her line last night about the vampire who keeps getting on her nerves was hilarious. There’s still some incredible storylines for her.

5. john doe says:

After having twins, Anna Paquin still looks fantastic naked.

• Fernanda says:

my thoughs exactly.. but please,.. I hope there is no fairy vamp baby in the corner, did you see Sookie’s belly glowing? or there was vamp fae sexual energy?

• CR says:

That’s been my theory all season long. There’s a reason he made a contract specifically for a royal female fae. If he just wanted a partner, he could have turned another female in the last 4 and half thousand years. The elder fae last season warned that someone was going to trick her into giving her light away, Maurella referred to mating with Andy as sharing her light. If I’m right, it’s a shame Anna put so much work into getting back into shape(which BTW damn she looks better than ever)cause she’ll be in a maternity suit come the season’s end. If Maurella’s pregnancy is any indication, hopefully it will be brief since Warlow was full fae prior to being turned.

6. Josh says:

Sookie and Warlow…ugh…I’m okay with Terry dying…Though I hope Alcide and Sam are next..or at least Alcide. The show needs to go back to Sookie being it’s center.

Though her and Warlow banging was eye-roll inducing.

7. Aleksa says:

I just kept saying “but I LIKED Terry!” for the rest of the night.

8. Patricia says:

The show is so much better this season, I like Sookie and Ben, since they refuse to bring Sookie and Eric together I much rather her and Ben than Bill. Terry’s death was sad but I didn’t really care for him. Now they need to get rid of Sam, Alcide or give them a better story line.

9. S says:

Yeah, they really didn’t have to kill off Terry. I mean they could have just sent him away or something like they did Hoyt but I guess by being with Arlene they didn’t want him to just leave her lol

10. NYCER4LIFE says:

I’m very surprised the special form of hepatitis (or sino-AIDS from the books) made a comeback. I think this vampire-only illness was last mentioned in Season 1 when Bill was nesting with those disco vampires in his house. I laughed when Lilith told Bill off not to bother her again. What could Lilith possibly doing that she’s too GD busy for Bill? Also, what is up with Sookie’s faerie vajayjay???!!!??? What the heck was THAT! More importantly, when will Lafayette utter the word “hooker” again? It’s been too long since we’ve heard Lafayette say “hooker” as only he can.

• S says:

ICAM with you on hearing Lafayette saying Hookah and better yet please let us see a scene with him and Tara, Tara and Sookie, Tara and Sam and Sam and Sookie which I know we’re getting one of them soon. Its been way too long and I’m tired of all these characters being so separated all the time.

• Mikael says:

I thought that was called “Hep D” in season 1, which yes they never mentioned again. Hep V seems to be something they just created in the lab.

11. CR says:

Not my favorite episode of the season, but still a vast improvement over any of last year’s. Poor sweet simple Jason. My new favorite made up Jason word is beheadingism. I laught my a$$ off. I’m hoping the new vampire James(the super fine one who wouldn’t rape Jessica) is the new one I read about that is poised to become a series regular next year. He was all sorts of yummy. Also hope Nora makes it out alive, I find her interesting, but her absence from Bill’s vision makes me think she’s a goner.

12. Sara says:

Why do they always kill the likeable characters? Lafayette’s boyfriend, Terry…sigh…

13. Amanda says:

This show is getting better with each episode. I love the vamp camp scenes, how Eric and Pam work together, how Willa is as a baby vamp, Tara helping her understand the feelings she’s having. Fantastic! Sarah Newlin is so evil and I love it. Sorry to see the Governor go so soon (surprising!) but I like how it sets up Sarah as the big bad. :). Anna Pacquin looks fantastic, but her and Warlow don’t have the spark she had with Bill or Eric. Alcide and Sam’s storylines are LAME. How can these awesome characters keep getting crap stories?!! Terry’s death was surprising and Arlene holding him was amazing. She’s just the best, but you knew he had to die after they had such a touching moment! This show is back on track!!!!

14. Jonesy says:

I don’t think Barlow can get Sookie pregnant. He’s a vampire, and from what I’ve gathered all their swimmers are dead.

• NYCer4Life says:

But he’s still half/mostly fae. Maybe that specific supe can procreate the human way unlike vampires.

15. Dee Kottkamp says:

Um Charlaine is a brilliant name. Author of Sookie Stackhouse novels. I am so relieved they didn’t kill Pam but heart broken that they killed Terry.

16. MrsB says:

I saw it coming but I held on to hope Terry wasn’t a goner. Beautiful scene though.

• CR says:

Agreed. I’m not looking forward to seeing Andy get the news. First he loses three of his daughters and now his cousin.

• Itssonotfair says:

Poor Andy! I completely forgot about him too. He just named his dead daughters for crying outloud. The Bellefleurs can’t catch a break this season!

• Aleksalynn says:

That was one of the first things I thought, too. Andy’s going to be devastated.

17. Elitsa Stoyanova says:

I’m soooo glad that the storylines of Sam and Terry, that was soooo boring, are finally eding!!!!!!!!! I just realesed how boring was the 2 previous seasons :) This one is awsome!!! Want more Sookie, Eric and Pam

18. Vanessa G. says:

I hope Jess get to show some gratitude for Jason after all he’s doing for her. I saw that she’s gonna have some steamy scenes with James and I must say I wasn’t pleased. Jess and Jason are amazingly cute together. And, to be honest, I found the Ben and Sookie last scene really confusing. I don’t know what the writers want us to think.

19. Anon says:

What the heck was THAT!!

Yeah, Terry had that bad CGI smoke blob from the seventies last year…but that wasn’t his fault!

You gonna kill the adorableness that is Terry Bellfleur?! Monsters.

20. DiegoC says:

last time sookie went to fairy land for 20 min, it turned up to be a year in our land. will it happen again??

• Nahuel says:

Interesting! But is it exactly the same place, though?

• Fran says:

I think that was the in-between place, not the actual fairy land. The place where Claudine met with Sookie before, and also where Bill went that one time after almost draining Sookie. So no time is going to pass.

21. Kja says:

God, anna looked fantastic!
    I just wish it had been Sookie and Eric !

22. Man, if Terry is the big death they’ve been promising that is going to be quite the let down.

Not only in scope but in stupidity.

1st – Why on Earth would she have the vampire erase everything about the marines and the war? He only wanted to kill himself over killing Patrick, just erase that. Who wouldn’t understand that completely erasing years of somebody’s life and so many people from his past would lead to problems?

2nd – He gets shot in the neck and everybody just runs to his body? Arlene sits there holding him? NOBODY is worried at all about WHO shot him? For all they knew there was a sniper in the trees looking to take them all out but they just acted like it was no big deal. Terry just slipped and landed on a bullet. Whoops.

23. Truefan says:

Final love scene between Warlow and Sookie was a joyless affair. I see no spark or chemistry between them.
    Iwas sorry it was Terry. He was one of the good guys. He just needed a better story line.
    Get rid of Sam and Alcide. Their storylines are not interesting.
    I hope there is more James. He’s good looking and I liked his character. He was brave and stood up for his beliefs.
    Pam, Eric, and Willa were great. Jessica, as usual is one of the best actor’s in this series.
    Like the way the new runner is going back to the basics.

24. canadian ninja says:

Snarky recap is fine if it’s not all snark. Still not clear on Mr. Patrick’s feelings about Nora. Stop being so subtle.

• Anon says:

Seriously! It is so obnoxious when recappers fall in love/love to hate a particular character, then feel the need to express those feelings in “oh so clever but not as clever as they think” ways. For EVERY episode! The character can do nothing but drink a glass of milk in the whole episode, and they find a way to make it about their feelings. “Oh, that man should never where turtlenecks, look how brilliant his throat looks as he swallows the milk” or “Somebody buy the guy a cow, that jerk is always hogging all the milk!”

At least hold back so that it’s only in every OTHER episode…

25. Fran says:

I loved Terry but I admit I thought a bigger character would die. I always thought he worked better in small doses. That being said, his death really seemed pointless and forced to me. And it didn’t connect to the other storylines at all. The way everyone was talking it didn’t seem like that was the way it would turn out. Sookie and Ben… I don’t know. I admit they’re pretty hot together but again, she doesn’t seem to be the main storyline and I don’t get that. Did I miss something with Niall? Does Sookie know what happened to h

26. Loved this episode. Alcide is being a douche. Sookie is totally knocked up with faerie babies. Thank God Pam’s still alive. My question is how is Sam goin to return to Bon Temps if Alcide can sniff him out? Do you really think they will kill him off? The bar is called Merlottes and it is usually the hot spot for supe activity. And yes RIP Terry. So sad to lose him, but was still worried that Eric was gonna meet his maker. We can’t have that!!

27. Yanez says:

In the books, Niall and Eric were using Terry to spy on Sookie. I wonder if that has anything to do with that safety deposit box he kept hidden from Arlene? I’m just trying to find a way to tie Terry into the main story arc.

28. Rachael T says:

Loved this episode. I’m calling dibs on the shipper name SoLow – come on you know you love it :) Sads about Terry, but they definitely needed to tie up some of the loose-ends side-characters that just weren’t meshing with the main storylines and characters (I’m looking at you Nicole & Nora). Also when did Alcide turn into a giant douche nozzle?? or does that trait come along with being pack master…Umm pretty sure the trailer also showed a snippet of Jess getting down with newbie nice-vamp (with very nice abs/chest to go with that chivalry) James – which I am 100% ok with. And also didn’t we cover that time moves way differently in fairyland – is Sookie going to come back 1 year later a la season 4. And I’m desperately missing my comic one-two punch from my favorite lesbian vamps Tara & Pam (who do I have to bribe to get them more airtime for the love of pete?!)

29. RobMF says:

Anna Paquin deserves some type of award for how insane her body looks. There should be like an Emmy for best body or something. I think this to me is the best season of the show so far. Thankfully the one slow part with Alcide/Sam seems to be over now. I saw the demise of Terry coming but it was so sad. I don’t understand why they killed him off. He was one of the few non “Supernatural” characters and thats kind of what was loveable about him.

• CR says:

The only thing I can think of is character development. I’m hoping this does’t happen because I love the tv version of Arlene far better than the book version, but they may be trying to move Arlene in another direction. In the books, she gets involved with people who are anti-supes and goes as far as trying to kill Sookie. I don’t think she would have ever gone there if she was with Terry so they wrote him off.

• Alice says:

Ohh, that makes terrible sense. Perfect and terrible. I love the actress who plays Arlene, and her kids, and I liked how she wasn’t the brainwashed pain in the butt she becomes in the books. But without Terry- yeah, I can see her going there. Maybe the kids will keep her sane? Their scene with Eric and Pam when Sam takes them to Fangtasia was the best part of season 2.

• CR says:

I love that scene too. Arlene cracks me up quite a bit. I still wish they would write her off the show so she could join Alicia’s new firm on TGW. Plus, how great would it have been to see Terry and Andy try to figure out single fatherhood together. That would have been comedy gold IMO.

• Amanda Black says:

And she birthed twins less than a year ago. Amazing!

30. Bob says:

Hey, what’s wrong with Auntie Nora? Now she’s got over her sanquinista nonsense she is one of the most sensible and brightest characters on the show. She is a brilliant politician, too, and her interactions with Pam and Eric result in some good lines.

31. CBWBDK1 says:

WTF is wrong with you? Why do you want Nora to die??

32. Kirztie Joseph says:

I miss Bill from season 1&2. :( I still hold to hope that Sookie and Bill will have their HEA!! & I’m sad to see Terry go, hopefully he’s not really dead. Ps I hate u warlow.

33. Bark Star says:

So killing off one of the very few characters that keeps the show grounded in reality with actual realistic issues like war trauma and raising children etc. in favor of superfluous and uninteresting storylines like the Sam/Alcide conflict about that annoying kid… that is what the new showrunner brought us ? Ah well…

• ImSmarterThanYou says:

The Ifrit…? Terry should have just died last season. I thought they handled his death well though, and it has the potential to make Arlene more interesting. Also, this was a GREAT way to deal with and wrap up the war trauma story. Suicide is a very common issue among troops/veterans.

34. Jake says:

Poor Arlene, that girl just can’t catch a break. Whatever happened to her two kids? You never see them anymore and when they showed them, it always cracked me up. I am glad we still have Pam, Tara and Jessica.. I was a little worried about them. I am curious to see if the writers have some follow up to Jessica killing Andy’s daughters. Deborah is such a great actress and I love Jessica.

35. Jake says:

People are allowed to have likes and dislikes. I personally like Nora. I think she helps bring out Eric’s emotions. I also like Tara, her whole role in the first couple of seasons was to try to keep Sookie ground and in reality but she also had to deal with her own demons. Now they use Tara to show that Pam is not always a bitch and that Pam can actually care for someone besides Eric.

36. Aleksalynn says:

Anyone else think that glamoring could be a great tool in therapy?

37. Paul says:

I get the feeling that the light show at the end was Sookie inadvertently taking his light away from him. Maybe it was fixing her flickering light problems.

38. Jonesy says:

Also, I’m happy King Beel still loves Sookeh, even if he has lost his marbles. I’m still pulling for those two crazy kids, but there needs to be some sort of Billith exorcism first.

• joey says:

Totally agree with this!!

• CR says:

I think the only way to redeem Bill enough for Sookie to be with him would be if when they solve his Billith problem, he returns as human. When it comes down to it, I don’t think Sookie will ever choose a vampire in the long run. Plus, in the first few seasons, Bill was never happy about being a vampire, I think he would love to be able to be with her completely(i.e. walk in the sun, have children, grow old together).

39. Lauren says:

Man the staff at Merlotte’s just keeps dwindling. Sookie hasn’t worked a shift in a long time. Sam has been kicked out of town (by Alcide who is totally unlikeable now) and Terry died.

This episode wasn’t my favorite. And I agree with the recapper, why didn’t Nora kick the bucket?! If they are trying to save her around so Eric will have someone to end up with I will be so bummed. Eric belongs with Sookie.

Speaking of which, the whole faery light thing better not mean that she is going to have a baby. Cause I’m not down with that kind of storyline. Plus Anna looks amazing after having twins. Why waste all her hard work?

40. Patricia says:

I’m shocked everyone is so upset about Terry, last season or two seas

41. Becka says:

I will miss Terry, but I’ve missed Lafayette even more!! He adds something so….funny to the show. I just love him to pieces!

42. Patricia says:

Typing on your phone sucks, anyway I read an interview he did and he said the producers were trying to trim the cast, they should do something about Sam and Alcide and Andy too and focus on the people that matter. I really hope Sookie is not pregnant that would change the show so much

43. Faster says:

I liked this episode. I share others’ sentiments about Terry, but he was never a favorite character. I did think it was particularly heartbreaking that he seemed at peace before he died, and I had completely forgotten about his deal to have that man kill him until we heard the shot ring out. Sad ending, but a fitting farewell and hopefully it leads to a more interesting Arlene character in the future. I personally do not mind having a diverse cast as long as all the storylines and characters can somewhat relate to each other – I have no idea what they have been doing wasting time this season on Terry, Sam, and Alcide tying up boring storylines from last year. Alcide is being a jerk, and has no real reason to be mad at Sam. And why is Sam being so underutilized with this boring and lingering Luna story? Sam is an awesome character – he can change into anything! He needs to be used more and better. I also have to admit that I an pulling for SoLow (as someone coined above) but am hoping we don’t go the supebaby route with them. And the reviewer was correct – time for Nora to go already!

44. Bryan says:

Best line of the night: Eric’s response when Willa says they have to save Tara and Jessica… “I guess.” the tone was just perfect

45. Ben says:

Am I the only one who miss the whole Sookie/Tara dynamic?
    I really loved Tara with Willa in this week episode, in her… er… not-feary-but-vampire-feary-godmother role with the baby vamp (even if she is a vampire since what? 14 seconds?).
    And that makes me miss her relationship with Sookie.

• Fran says:

You’re not the only one! I miss then too. I didn’t think I would but I really do. I also miss Tara with Lafayette.

46. Eva Patel says:

I like warlow he isn’t this evil vampire he only killed the stackhouse ‘s because they was going to kill their daughter , he saved her life . So. He’s not bad at all. Unlike bill who is just a jerk . Yes I like sookie with Eric just because he is so hot but he refuses to tell her how he truely feels about her. I hope that she makes little fairy babies with warlow.

47. Danielle says:

Did anyone catch that they injected Jason with something? I wonder if they gave him HepV…

• CR says:

How ironic that the one STD Jason seems to have would be from an injection and not years of whoring around?

• chocolatfrog says:

I think they implant him with an electronic devise, just like in the female doctor Eric used to open doors

48. Eva Patel says:

Pam and willow are the two luckiest women in the world because they got to be bitten by Eric. Kudos to the both of you. R.I.P.Terry I will miss your charcter . Eric shows his compassion towards his sister when he takes her to bill and asks him to help his sis. Bravo , I only wish that sookie could have been there to witness it. Was warlow wearing underwear during that scene between him and sookie? In my opinion the only two guys as vampires that could pull of spanks is Eric and warlow. I don’t understand why sookies under garments didn’t match.

49. Elm says:

Damn! I was really hoping that big death we have been promised would turn out to be Bill. Just kill Bill already.

And why all this hate for Nora? I don’t get it. I think she’s one of the best characters currently in the ensemble.

• tripoli says:

I was hoping the same thing. Bill is just awful and I find Moyer’s acting a bit painful to watch at this point. I quite like Nora. Didn’t at first but she’s really grown on me. All in all it was a good episode. I laughed quite a bit.

50. Michael says:

I don’t think we will see kids from Sookie. I do see her and Warlow hooking up a lot and Jessica too. Sad about Terry. Yay for governor dying, now kill she-devil Newlin. Vamp Camp breakout next week!