Comic-Con

Supernatural @ Comic-Con: Bros 'Stronger Than Ever,' an Angelic Free-for-All and More Scoop

Supernatural Comic-Con 2013 Season 9 SpoilersHellacious angelic mayhem is upon Supernatural.

Executive producers Jeremy Carver and Robert Singer joined Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles, Misha Collins and Mark A. Sheppard to tease Season 9’s “free-for-all” of angels and demons. They also weighed in on the state of Sam and Dean’s bond and Castiel’s new humanly form.

RELATED | Supernatural Scoop: Misha Collins to Return as Series Regular for Season 9

SNEAK PEEK | A Season 8 sizzle reel set to Doobie Brothers’ “Rockin’ Down the Highway” (watch below) was followed by a first look at the new season, which features Kevin freaking out in the Men of Letters bunker. When Dean enters, the prophet almost shoots him with an arrow. “You’re a crappy shot, Katniss,” Dean remarks before Sam brings in a bagged-and-cuffed Crowley. They want the name of every demon possessing a human, and they have a plan to get them by putting Crowley in his “own personal hell”: Isolation.

ANGEL MADNESS | “We’re going to learn pretty quickly that a world full of fallen angels is pretty much a free-for-all,” previewed Carver. “We’re going to see it’s not one unified body. We’ve got lots of angels out there with lots of different agendas. Many are feelings lost and vengeful. A world of fallen angels is a dirty, bloody, scary and, in some ways, a very human world.”

RELATED | Fall TV Grid: What’s on When? And Versus What?

BROTHERLY BOND | “For the first time in a long time, the brothers chose each other and their love for each other over the season-long quest,” shared Carver. “That has left them stronger than ever, but has also created a tremendous amount of fallout.” Season 9 will find the “brothers walking into a world where all the normal constructs of Heaven and Hell aren’t there anymore.” Added Padalecki: “We keep on fighting the fight together. In this free-for-all world, where we have the King of Hell living in our dungeon and angels walking all over the place, we’re really going to need each other.”

BEING HUMAN | Castiel’s new state of being will be “a remarkable shift” for the former angel, teased Collins. Whereas before he could use his powers to help the Winchesters, “now he can pop in and basically fold laundry. There’s a shift in the dynamic there in terms of how he can be utilized by the brothers. For Castiel’s arc, it’s going to be an immensely rich terrain to explore.” So what human moments can fans expect for Cas? “Getting to experience what it’s like to actually eat — and then what happens to the food after,” joked the actor. “You’re an adult and you’re flushing the toilet for the first time. There’s gotta be an epiphany.”

RELATED | Arrow Season 2 Casts Summer Glau as Oliver Queen Adversary

BUNKER HILL | “The Men of Letters for Dean is a home,” said Singer. “For Sam, it’s a workplace” to explore academic pursuits. “That’s something we’ll be exploring even more fully.”

GIRL POWER | After geek goddess Felicia Day crashed the panel, Singer revealed that the producers have “big plans” for Charlie this coming season.

TAKING THE REINS | While Ackles has directed episodes of the show, Padalecki doesn’t “think it’s right for me to do currently,” he said. “Maybe in a couple of seasons. Our breaks always seem so short.” His costar, Misha Collins, will helm Episode 17. “I thank Bob and Jeremy for the chance… and apologize in advance for the product,” he joked.

HEY, WHATEVER HAPPENED TO HIM…? | Burning question time: Will Jesse the Antichrist be back? “It’s a wonderful character to play with,” replied Carver. “I don’t think you’re going to see that character in the early run of episodes this year. Beyond that, I really couldn’t say any more.”

1. mac says:

what ?! Charlie ? AGAIN ? damn, I hate this forced character so damn much

• tp says:

I’m so glad I’m not the only one. She aggravates me in every show she’s in.

• You are definitely not alone! I liked her first appearance, now I’m getting kind of tired of her. I preferred other regular female characters like Jo and Bella…maybe Charlie will die too? Hahaha

• Aubs says:

Though characters on television are similar to one’s in real life….i.e. there’s something about them that always bugs someone…. – I’m glad to see that they are bringing Charlie back. I’ll admit that when it came to the LARP’ing episode I was a bit put off by her, but as her character developed I found that she was actually a really nice ‘compliment’ to Sam and Dean’s characters.

First the first many seasons, Sam and Dean had both a ‘tough as nails’ side to them but also a ‘fun and whacky’ side. We, the viewers, haven’t seen a whole lot of that in the past 3 or so seasons. Granted the storyline(s) have been much darker and heavier, so that is understandable but it’s still missed.

As Dean put it…’she’s like the little sister I never wanted”….I think Charlie is a good addition to the boy’s characters, their strengths and their faults. I wasn’t happy when Bobby died because he was really the only one that could truly keep the boys on the ‘straight and narrow’ and knock some noggins together when needed. With Bobby gone, the boys will need *someone* to be accountable to, other then each other, and I think Charlie, not only with all her IT skills, but her personality, her need to do good, etc., might just be that person that can keep them in check and hold them accountable to themselves and each other. At least that is my hope for the upcoming season.

**Plus, there’s a helluva lot that the boys can do for Charlie, too!

• Elizabeth says:

I think Charlie will be great.I like her and I like that there are no romantic tensions that will screw things up and hurt the brothers in some ways cause that always happens. There is no reason to not like her because she is independent and smart and they can use her for her computer and technology skills and she can use them for their strength and protection. They are all honest with each other cause there is no reason to lie. It wont accomplish anything. She was at comic panel with the cast and was great. The brothers think of her as a little sister and she has respect for them as well as they do her. I know shes going to be on alot and I think its great

2. Tvfanatic says:

Can’t wait for next season.

3. Missy Anne says:

Woohoo!! Can’t wait for the new season to start! And more Felicia Day? Frosting on an already delicious cake!

4. Kim says:

The fact that Jared said “in a couple of seasons” makes me really happy!! I thought the show would end after season 10, but if everyone is willing to do more… No doubt the CW will keep renewing it

• rowan77 says:

As long as the studio is seeing enough of a profit with overseas sales and the DVD/streaming, they’ll keep it going. I hope it ends before its outlasted its welcome, though. I’d hate for it to go out with a whimper like Magnum, PI which had a great season they thought was their last – which ended with a literal bang, only to find themselves limping through another final season that was nowhere near as good as the previous one.

• John says:

Too late.

• rowan77 says:

Apparently the fans and the ratings disagree with you as the show had an over 33% increase in viewers on broadcast TV alone (not including time-shifting and online viewers). Except for a few crybabies who know very little about character development and think that character growth or even moral lapses means a lack of continuity, it is pretty universally thought that the show went on a big creative upswing in season 8 under Carver’s watch.

• angel64 says:

Funny, every site I’ve visited except this one , the majority of the fans HATED what Carver did; turned Sam and Dean against eachother( how is that character growth to start hating your once beloved brother for no good reason?) the God awful Amelia story (how does a cheesy soap opera type love triangle have any connection to a genre show like SPN?), and making the once savvy hunters act like they didn’t have a clue at times. And there are more than just a ‘few’ of us crybabies. Again, every site I’ve visited except this one the majority of fans, Sam fans, Dean fans, Cas fans, bi-bro etc. were pissed and mad and saw NO character development or creativity. They thought that Carver almost DESTROYED SPN.
            The reason many people gave for still watching was that they were still hoping it the season would get better. And yes, although I hate to admit it, Felicia Day did bring her fans into the fold, so maybe that’s why you see a ratings increase.
            But if you enjoy it, fine. Just please kindly refrain from insulting us who disagree with you.

• rowan77 says:

No one is insulting anyone – except for Tessa who feels anyone who is honest about a small faction of female viewers who are a little overly militant is misogynistic. Which is, of itself, putting down women as being unable to take any criticism.

I stand by the fact that the ratings improved, sales continued and there were many who appreciated the change in showrunner. The people who believe Carver ruined SPN are a small but very vocal group, and I’ve found that while they can have their opinion, of course,more than a few made their arguments about the storytelling with a serious lack of knowledge about professional storytelling. I suppose seeing the new season’s numbers will tell us if people think the show was ruined or has gotten better since the regime change.

• angel64 says:

I must again disagree that it is only a small group that hated the direction Carver took, from what I saw it was pretty widespread. But thank you for being civil.

5. Deanstoryfan says:

Sounds like once again Jensen had nothing to say about Dean.

• Carrie says:

Oh, brother. Did you see the whole panel? Can’t we all just be excited and happy for another season?

• cassie says:

or anyone else for that matter, not surprised see it coming from the lack of spoilers that came out past weeks, personally had enough with their cr** treating jensen like he does’nt even exist not only now but the past seasons too dropping one possible arc for dean after the other. btw to respond to those who say it’s only the beginning for spoilers for dean you keep saying the same thing every season & nothing comes out anyway so don’t bother to cover the writers/producers as** we know they will not be any spoilers for dean as they were’nt last season either making it pretty clear they have nothing for him story like this season either, so personally ain’t bother to watch, done with their cr**

• Rob Watkins says:

You’d think from your reaction, Dean was barely in the show despite being one of the regulars. Trying to shut the doors of Hell and dealing with the repurcusions of Purgatory are stories.

• roxi says:

Dean being on screen is not the same as having an important storyline. I’d rather he be on screen less but have a main story. What repercussions of Purgatory? Two episodes? Exactly two things came from that non-story: introducing Benny to create friction between Sam and Dean, and an episode showing Dean being guilty because he thought he let down Cas. As for PTSD, they showed ONE scene of the affects on Dean and then it was dropped.
          It’s bad enough that even Cas gets a major story arc over Dean,(although I like Cas) now Charlie, a recurring guest star even gets more meat than one of the co leads who was there from the beginning?
          I will keep my fingers crossed for Sam and Dean to have a united, important story arc together, but where Dean is concerned I won’t hold my breath. I’ll just try to enjoy whatever I do get from the character and be happy that Sam and Dean will be close again.

• Rob Watkins says:

He and Sam worked together to try to close the gates, so what if Sam was the one to take the final step? And no, it wasn’t one episode with Dean thinking over his time in Purgatory. Those flashbacks took place over almost the entire first half of the season. That was a story, sorry to burst your bubble.

Nowhere did it say Charlie was getting meatier material than Dean.

“Watching Deanwise the servant last year was boring. I prefer badass Dean.”
            Dean’s looked after Sam from the beginning. Neither Samwise, nor Dean were servants, they were looked after their friend/family. That’s compelling, plus there was plenty of badass Dean chopping heads off and hunting stuff.

• roxi says:

No, we didn’t get nearly that many Purgatory flashbacks as we got of Sam/Amelia flashbacks, and most of the Purgatory story was about Cas, not Dean. So I still disagree with you, Purgatory was not much a of story at all for Dean.
            As for Charlie, they made a point of saying they had big plans for her. I am still waiting for them to even mention Dean which most of the time, they don’t and with good reason; the character doesn’t appear to be that important to them. Although they actually did mention his name here (gasp).But again, MOLs is SAM’S story, SAM’S workplace. Dean’s only connection is that he has a home. Yeah, real important story, that.

• Rob Watkins says:

You don’t have to say “we have stories for Superman” in a Superman book. It’s a given. I didn’t pay attention to how many more flashbacks Dean had, but yes, Dean’s time in Purgatory and how it made him more focused and driven in his mission in life was a story point.

They said that MOL was Dean’s home and Sam’s workplace. The point was that the main characters saw it differently. Having a home for Dean is a HUGE deal. Only connection? That’s a big connection. The only home he had since Lawrence was the Impala.

If you talk to Deanfans they claim Dean it’s all about Sam, and Samfans think it’s all about Dean.

• roxi says:

Sorry, I still disagree with you on all points. I didn’t see the Purgatory story having much of an impact on Dean, lasting or otherwise, but that’s ok. Disagreement keeps things from stagnating. As for your Superman theory,in all other interviews Carver and Singer talk alot about Sam. They talk alot about Cas. They even talk about Charlie. But they seem to go out of their way to avoid even mentioning Dean And then I always realize why. Cause they never have anything new to share. It’s that same role over and over; Dean’s only purpose and reason for existing is for Sam. I like to believe that Jensen is a good actor but honestly how could I know? They don’t write anything juicy for him to show his acting chops.
            Sorry, I guess I just don’t see how Dean having a place to live amounts to any kind of a meaty storyline. What can he do with that except cook and clean?
            BTW, I consider myself a fan of BOTH brothers. Nowhere did I state that I wanted everything to be about Dean. But from what I can see NOTHING is ever about Dean I would just like for the writers to remember that they have two, equal leads and even things up for once. I’m sure most Dean fans feel the same way. Nobody wishes to marginalize Sam or give everything to Dean. I’m sure you disagree and again, this is fine. Everybody has their own opinion.

• kate says:

give up Rob Watkins. it’s like talking to a wall.

• angel64 says:

Gee thanks Kate for the insult.
            I see you are steadfast in YOUR viewpoint. Should I say that talking to YOU is like talking to a wall?

• f_m says:

You sound like a CW plant.

• Alan says:

what about the whole thing about dean finally finding a home? the one thing he has always wanted but never had is suddenly there right in front of him in the men of letters homebase, surely that right there has the potential to be a fantastic storyline?

• Deanstoryfan says:

Other than Dean decorating his room and discovering he likes to cook I’m not sure how you turn that into a storyline. Watching Deanwise the servant last year was boring. I prefer badass Dean. Not nesting Dean.

• Alan says:

what about dean finally finding a home? a character who has never had a home and has always longed for one suddenly has one, that right there is prime material for character development in my opinion.

• Shade thrower says:

I understand what you’re saying, Alan, but really, what else can they do with that as a storyline? Dean didn’t have a home before. Now he believes he does. Where else can you go with that?

• Nancy says:

I agree. The Dean storyline so far this year has been dull, and as far as I can tell from Jensen Ackles lack of enthusiasm at the cons regarding his character, it will continue to be a Sam-focused show. Though tonight’s episode Dean gets to bark like a dog. Last week he got to play guilty/lying Dean again. They are really giving him some acting challenges, but more so in terms that it must be a challenge for him to want to remain an actor with these scripts..

• kate says:

there’s nothing really said about anyone here specifically except Cas is human now and it’s interesting to deal with. but go on. tell us what logic you twisted to come to the conclusion that Dean “has no story.”

• vanessa says:

I really hope they do more with his character this season. Personally I was bored with the Sam/Amelia angst ridden romance. Though from what I can tell that is the back bone of the CW network. They had the chance to really cover what happens to a person when pushed to the limits of their humanity, but they chose the easy story line. Honestly, I stopped paying attention when Sam would have a flash back.
      I also found it bizarre and out of character that Sam didn’t spend any time trying to find out if Dean was really dead. I didn’t expect him to make deals or anything like that but, were there no psychics he could visit? His lack of action for that year made me want to bop him on the head during his “what’s next? Another angel? Another vampire?” speech. Cause yanno were it not for the angel and the vampire Dean would still be in purgatory, and would probably be dead.
      There was something just not as good about the writing last season.
      Here’s hoping next season will be better.

6. Kara says:

Great panel with a fantastic cast, and Charlie is such a welcome addition. Finally we get a female star who gets to stick around awhile! She’s so great and fun.

7. Linda says:

““It’s a wonderful character to play with,” replied Carver. “I don’t think you’re going to see that character in the early run of episodes this year. Beyond that, I really couldn’t say any more.”” — That means NOPE, NEVER AGAIN WILL YOU SEE THIS PERSON. Just like if you asked them about Adam, they’ll give you the same spiel.

• rowan77 says:

That means, “we just started shooting and have only broken about eight episodes so far.” There was no reason to bring Adam back last season. Maybe there will be at a letter date.

• roxi says:

Oh , I don’t know about that. I feel there was plenty of reason to bring Adam back last season i.e. when Sam had to rescue an innocent soul from Hell. Why on earth would he have taken Bobby over his own brother? And Bobby did commit patricide which, although he had good reason, would negate him being an innocent soul.
        I don’t think Adam should stick around, but it makes no sense that Sam and Dean, who are supposed to be all about family, would completely forget about him, never to think about or speak of again and just let suffer in Hell.

• rowan77 says:

Adam is in the cage and possessed by Michael. And you think a mere mortal is going to be able to get in the cage with MIchael and Lucifer and get Adam out? Remember what happened the last time Sam was in the cage – and what followed? Ain’t no way.

Adam made a choice to be Michael’s vessel. He knew the risks and did it anyway. Bobby was never suppose to go to Hell. He was diverted by Crowley unfairly, the tortured for years (remember, we learned through Dean’s time in Hell that time is different there. It moves much faster – one month up here is a decade down there). I’d save Bobby over Adam without a second thought. Bobby is boss!

• Rob Watkins says:

It took DEATH to retrieve Sam’s soul, and he’s not in the giving mood. Why wouldn’t they choose Bobby over Adam. Adam is brother by blood, that’s it. COuld he be more over time? Sure, but at that point, no. Bobby was more a father to them than even John. Bobby is their family. “Family don’t end with blood, boy!”

• roxi says:

You both misunderstand me. I loved Bobby. And yes he was a wonderful father figure. But it still feels wrong to me that they would just forget about Adam without even trying to see if there was a way to save him. Sam was in the cage too but Dean never stopped trying to find a way to save him ,even though he couldn’t he at least tried.. As for Adam choosing to be Michael’s vessel, yes he did at first but I got the impression that Michael played against the rules and just took him after he was all bloodied and weak in that room. He certainly didn’t look like he would have gone willingly at that point.
            That whole Taxi Driver episode was so poorly done in my eyes. They trashed canon, invalidated both Dean and Sam’s suffering by showing Hell to be nothing worse than a dungeon/prison,(ok Sam’s might have been different in the cage) and made Purgatory look like a cakewalk. which invalidated Dean’s fighting to stay alive there.
            But their are still things that I do enjoy about SPN and I am hopeful though for next season that Caver and Co. may have learned from their mistakes and correct them.

• Rob Watkins says:

He DID try to save Adam, but Death would only take one of them out of the cage. Dean chose Sam and rightfully so, Sam’s the one he cared for the most. There is no other way to save him that we know of. If Lucifer and Michael can’t get out of the box, chances are nothing can get in and out unless it’s more powerful than them (eg, Death).

I agree that the writers did undercut canon with the Taxi Driver episode, but they did show and say that Crowley changed Hell, but it was still too simple.

There’s plenty to love about the show. Benny was a great new character in his own right, and the finale was beautiful.

• Rob Watkins says:

Last thing, I don’t know how you could say they don’t write anything juicy for Jensen to play. Does he have to have part of the mytharc to have a well written scene? That final scene between he and Sam in the season 8 finale was as beautiful a moment as the show has ever produced.

• roxi says:

I never said I expected Dean to not choose Sam over Adam in his deal with Death. I probably would have stopped watching SPN if that had happened. All I said was that it seemed OOC that Dean, while he was living with Lisa and trying to find a way to save Sam didn’t also try to save Adam. This was before Sam came back souless and before Dean tried to make a deal with Death.

• Rob Watkins says:

The mytharc is a mcguffin, what matters is what the characters mean to each other. Season 8 was not the worst, I’m not alone in thinking it’s one of the best. The reaper in Taxi Driver wasn’t a regular reaper. Crowley changed Hell, plus it’s a big place and not just the area with the meathooks. Stretching acting muscles doesn’t require a mytharc, it requires moments of emotional connection. Dean was part of the mytharc, he was trying to close the doors of hell with his brother. FInally, no one seems to have a lasting romance because the women who watch the show don’t take kindly to the women who might be in a relationship with Sam or Dean.

• angel64 says:

Again, I didn’t say’ lasting’ romance. I said a romance. Dean is not given those, nothing that shows any romantic, passionate side of him.
            Stretching acting muscles does require an actual storyline.
            I and many others feel that season 8 was indeed the worst. You are allowed to have your opinion. Please allow me to have mine.

• Rob Watkins says:

You’re welcome to your own opinion, my disagreement doesn’t stop that.

By Lasting romance, I meant anything beyond an episode. The shows female fans don’t seem to take too kindly to any female love interest.

Dean did have a storyline, and no stretching an acting muscle doesn’t require being part of a mytharc. Jensen and Jared stretched their acting muscle plenty of times in standalone episodes

• G-Force says:

What canon was trashed in Taxi Driver?

• roxi says:

It had been established that only someone dead or about to die in otherwise not in their corporeal body were able to see reapers. And also Alistair had to bind and trap reapers to kill them but all Crowley had to do was stab one at will. Also, we had been shown Dean being hung on meat hooks in Hell as well as Sam burning, but TD just made it look a dungeon. And Dean supposedly fought for his life in Purgatory which bonded him with a vampire and yet in TD Sam and Bobby had maybe a couple of monsters after them that they dispatched with not much problem.
            And to Rob sorry, I still do not see Jensen playing the same ‘Dean’s only value is living for Sammy’ plotline as this great juicy story. He could do this in his sleep. There’s no character development, no growth, and nothing to stretch his acting muscles on. I did think the scene between he and Jared was beautifully done by both and help salvage what I thought was the very worst season ever,but again overall, Dean’s only story time and time again is, to look after Sam. I’d like the character to be as important to the mytharc as Sam always is. Why can’t they both have important roles to play to the central plot and both get emotional POV? Or maybe Dean, for once, can have a real romance like they always give Sam instead of cartoonish monster woman sex. No, love stories can’t last on SPN but at least a brief one would give us a different story for Jensen to play.
            These are my opinions and so far they haven’t changed so I guess I’m done giving my opinion for now.

8. Drew says:

Charlie is okay every now and then… like Becky. But they force her way too much and act like she is the long lost sister they never had. She never earned that role and it isn’t the type of chemistry she has with the guys. They don’t act like Garth is their little brother and he is about the same level as Charlie in terms of recurring characters.

Looking forward to season 9, but I don’t need much more Charlie.

• Carrie says:

Dean bonded with Charlie, though, and she’s a lot cooler than Becky was. I think it’s nice for them to have a friend who is like a little sister to them. All of their friends and family keep dying, so they could use all the support they can get. I’d rather see some moments of them bonding with someone else and having a little humor/fun than simply being miserable all the time.

• Drew says:

Dean bonded with her, but pretty much just because the writers decided that they bonded. They never had a spark that led to turning a one-off character into a recurring character. They just liked Felicia Day so they wrote the one character she always plays into the show.

Compare Charlie to Ellen or Jo, or even Bobby. These characters made a strong impact and their roles on the show evolved naturally. Jo didn’t work one way, so they moved in another direction… which eventually came back around to the original plan once it was properly earned.

Charlie doesn’t really fit their world. She was an office working computer girl who had pretty much nothing in common with the guys. Then by her second episode she is treated like family. It didn’t make sense to me. They don’t act like Kevin is family, or Garth or countless other friends and there was nothing that made Charlie stand out above all of them.

• kate says:

I disagree. When Charlie – someone they didn’t think could pull it off – fleeced Dick Roman, she won Dean’s and Sam’s respect. She is fun and quirky and they – Dean especially – just LIKE her. So what that they don’t have a long, sordid history? You can just like new people you meet.

• mocknbird2 says:

Very well put, Drew.

9. AJ says:

I hope they address how the regular humans, who don’t know about the supernatural, reacted to the angels falling out of the sky. I mean, this happened all over the world right? They have to say something about it.

10. march says:

I don’t care for *how he can be utilized by the brothers* because I thought we were past using Cas as a tool. Other than that, I’ve high hopes for Castiel’s storyline this season. The Winchesters, not so much.

11. roxi says:

Charlie again? Argh, why in the heck do they have ‘big plans’ for this recurring guest star but never any for,Dean, ya know, one of the co leads? And she shouldn’t get higher consideration than Sam either for that matter, hell, or even Cas. At least Cas has earned his place as a regular.
    Felicia Day has alot of geek cred so they are trying to bring her fanbase in I guess, but I hate that they’re doing it at the expense of the main characters. After the way they’ve been diminishing Dean/Jensen HE should finally be the character they have big plans for, not a recurring guest star. And SPN should regain it original focus on Sam and Dean and their struggles together.
    At least it’s nice to hear that they will have their strong bond again.

12. Meg says:

Nothing about Bobby returning?

13. ninamags says:

In watching that video I realize there is a whole hell of a lot of decapitations, LOL ;p

Cannot wait for the season. What happened to the bloopers? They usually show a few minutes of what will be on the dvd’s.

Love Charley and look forward to her return. Don’t know how they will bring back Bobby, though.

14. Yanez says:

Where is the video for the sneak peek at the new season? The only video I see here is clips of Season 8….

15. Anna says:

You gotta love how schizophrenic the fandom gets sometimes – on the one hand, we always complain about the lack of female characters in Supernatural and that they always get killed off or are just sexualized or whatever, on the other hand we complain when they DO keep a female character around a bit – and not just any girl, but one that will never “just” be a love interest for the guys, because she’s a lesbian. I just don’t get it.

• Alan says:

this is exactly why we cant have nice things.

• roxi says:

Iv’e got no problem with having a strong female character around and I certainly couldn’t care less if she’s a lesbian as I am not homophobic in any way. SPN needs to have and keep more female characters. My problem is that they just brought Charlie in and now want to write important stories for her when they still can’t be bothered to write any good storyline for Dean, or much of any storyline at all for that matter. And Charlie isn’t a hunter or tied to that world. Ellen and Jo were perfect for SPN and shouldn’t have been killed off. Jody Mills is great and I hope she lived. And although Abbadon’s vessel burned we didn’t see it completely destroyed so I’m hoping Alaina Hoffman returns, she’s an awesome baddass character. And all of these characters didn’t just show up for an episode here and there; they had an ongoing storyline . At least Jody did for a while.

• Alan says:

abbadon did show up for an episode here and there with no real ongoing story though so you kinda invalidated your own point.

• roxi says:

No I didn’t. Abbadon did have an ongoing story even if she wasn’t in every episode. She was a continuing thread in the the later half of the season.

• f_m says:

Abadon is being recast to play one of the big bads this season. Get your facts straight before lecturing people on who they should and shouldn’t like.

Personally there were several female characters I loved including Bela, Pamela and Anna but they all got killed off and instead we get stuck with the vapid Charlie played by the highly overrated Felicia Day. Typical of the way this show operates – just look at the way they treat their most popular character by making him nothing but a cheerleader for the the writers’ pets – Sam and Charlie.

• angel64 says:

Excuse me fm but are you referring to me? Because I didn’t lecture anybody. My whole point was I don’t understand why these writers are so gung ho about Charlie. As for Abbadon, it looks like she will have to played by a new actress. Who knows if the new one will be as good as Alaina Hoffman? Get my facts straight, yeah, nice of you.
          Boy, have a different viewpoint on THIS site and the insults get thrown at you.
          Peace out.

• Drew says:

I have liked a lot of the females on the show. Missouri, Ellen, Jo, Lisa, Jodi… I didn’t even hate Amelia. But Charlie is an odd character for the show in that she is less “truck stop” and more “comic shop”. She is a cubicle girl who works on a computer all day. More of a “Chuck” character really.

I don’t hate her or Felicia. I just think that the relationship with the Winchester’s is forced. The role she plays on the show doesn’t fit the character she actually is.

To compare Eureka characters, we need more of a Jo Lupo for this show. Someone with more edge.

16. Betsy Hirschburg says:

Hope Sam gets a haircut,and bring back Jim Bridges(Bobby),

• roxi says:

I ,loved Bobby but how many more times can he come back? I hated the original decision to kill him off, but they did give him a beautiful sendoff. They keep cheapening that by bringing him back over and over. It makes the deaths on SPN meaningless.

• Tvfanatic says:

YES to the haircut, now that I can get behind!

17. tvdiva says:

I am so sick of Charlie. Eureka turned into the Felicia Day show and I do not want that to happen on Supernatural. I would rather see Bobby Singer back and Benny the vampire get loads more screen time. They are both fantastic characters with rich history and lots more to explore.

18. f_m says:

So once again everything is about Sam and Dean gets to wring his hands in the background. Ackles really must have pissed off somone high on the food chain by being more talented than their lead-billed actor.

• kate says:

WTF are you talking about? There are barely any real spoilers in this article at all, only a sense of what’s to come. Cas is human, Sam considers the Men of Letters bunker a work place, Dean considers it a home, they battle fallen angels and demons, and keep Crowley locked in a basement. where from this article do you get “OMG SAM AND CAS GET TO DO EVERYTHING AND DEAN IS NEGLECTED!”

• angel64 says:

It’s not all from this article. Some of it is from the boys mouths themselves. Jared and Misha are excited and have stated that they have important arcs. Jensen has said he doesn’t yet know what his arc is as they haven’t told him, that they’re gonna throw some things around and see what sticks. I don’t know about you but to me that says they don’t even care enough about a storyline for him to have one in place yet. He did say he knows a secret that Sam doesn’t but again, the secret is all about Sam.
        As for myself, I’m going by history; when Jensen doesn’t have much to tell it’s usually because there isn’t much to tell, and I find that out as the season progresses. It’s always Sam and to a lesser extent Cas that end up with the main stories. However, there are still things I enjoy about SPN , like the relationship between Sam and Dean so I guess I’ll just concentrate on those. SPN will be over anyway in a couple of years.

• angel64 says:

I think Jared is quite talented, as well as Jensen. The difference, to me, is that Jared gets much more opportunity to show it. My problem has never been with Sam and certainly not with Jared. It’s the writers and showrunners.

19. Spoilerfan says:

More ACTION please and less hughes…..

• Mocknbird2 says:

If you only want action, there are lots of other shows to pick from. Personally, I wouldn’t change a thing. The writers are the BEST! The actors are great, too.
      Don’t like it, don’t watch it.

20. Spoilerfan says:

* hugs

21. John says:

This used to be my favorite show but these days it’s mediocre at best and drowning in it’s own dense mythology. Much as I hate to say it, I really think it’s time to put it out of it’s misery. And didn’t we do the whole “powerless Castiel” thing a few seasons back already? Back when they turned a once promising character into the bumbling fish-out-of-water comic relief (season 5 or 6 I believe)…and Charlie…ugh.

22. noah says:

Would b nice 2 c the brothers try 2 break out adam/micheal outta Hell 4 help.

23. noah says:

Let’s not 4get “ghostfacers”. Maybe they can be brought back 4 a few episodes 2 help the brothers.

24. Dj says:

Anytime you can add more Felicia Day means its a good time. Great news.

25. noah says:

If the writers of spn read these comments how about this idea. As we all know the angels are falling 2 earth,why not some of the characters that have died. Like Jo,Ellen,or even bobby later n the season. With cass being human the guys will need all hands on deck.

26. A fan says:

Although I would like to see the Antichrist again, My question is, when are we going to see Missouri Mosely again? Anybody remember her? The psychic from season one who had all the makings of a possible mother figure for the boys (not to mention threatened to whack Dean with a spoon) and then was never seen again? I’ve been waiting for her return for what? Seven? Eight years now?

Oh well, we have Bobby, Cas, and Crowley coming back, that’s really all that matters.

27. mia says:

Charlie does not belong on this show, they are forcing her down my throat and why is she getting a big storylines when dean doesn’t even have one.

28. jared is too cool for himself, jensen needs to be ugly for a while- see real life