Comic-Con

Bones @ Comic-Con: Booth and Brennan Are Heading for a Wedding! Plus: Time-Jump Details

Bones Comic-Con 2013 Season 9 SpoilersStock up on rice (or whatever congratulatory adornment Brennan’s favorite obscure ancient tribe uses), because make no mistake, Fox’s Bones is heading for a wedding in Season 9.

RELATED | Bones Finale Post Mortem: Show’s Boss Talks Booth and Brennan’s New Obstacle, Season 9 Time Jump and the Death of [Spoiler]

“We’re not fooling you — they will get married this season,” show boss Hart Hanson shared on Friday afternoon at Comic-Con.

Brennan famously (and as had been agreed upon) popped the question to her main man in the Season 8 finale — a moment which Emily Deschanel and David Boreanaz recreated on the Comic-Con stage, yet with the roles reversed.

“Bones, you have been there for me for so long,” he poured his heart out. “You have had so much meaning in my life as this character. I am asking you, would you please marry me?”

VIDEO | Bones‘ David Boreanaz Promises a Radically Different Booth in Season 9, Teases a Blast from the Past ‘That May Hurt Him’

Alas as it played out in the finale, Booth abruptly bailed on his brand-new fiance, unbeknownst to her due to pressure from the pesky, deadly Pelant.

More scoop on the season premiere, Booth and Brennan’s changing relationship and more below:

RELATED | Bones Season 9 Spoilers — Premiere Title

GROWING PAINS | The season opener, which starts shooting Tuesday, will feature a three-month time jump. “The relationship between Brennan and Booth will be slightly different,” teased executive producer Ian Toynton. “The relationship has been pushed to a different level, a different place. They’re in a serious place.”

KILLER BADDIE | Boreanaz’s feelings on Big Bad Pelant? “He’s getting a little old,” replied the actor. “He needs to go fast. From Booth’s perspective, he’s really annoying. … I really think Booth should take him out, in a really strong manner.” And he may get his wish. Hanson accidentally let slip that he does know how Pelant will eventually die.

BOOTH SEEKS HELP | As Boreanaz hinted to TVLine, viewers this season will meet an ex-priest “who has past with Booth,” teased Hanson. “Everybody’s mad at Booth for reneging on the engagement and he doesn’t have anyone he can talk to. So he seeks out the man he used to talk to.”

RELATED | Fox Announces Fall Premiere Dates for Bones, New Girl, Glee and More

SQUINTERN ON WHEELS | Should the show lose another squintern to some other acting gig, the next one will be “someone in a wheelchair who is just unbearable,” revealed Hanson, who’d like to “have some fun” with the “not politically correct” character.

SWEET LOVE | Of another couple’s future, Hanson would only say, “Sweets is still in the show, and Daisy is still in the show.”

CRIMES OF THE HEART | Booth and Brennan’s next undercover gig will involve a couples’ retreat. While they’re there trying to solve a murder, they’ll also uncover some of their own “brutal problems,” hinted Hanson.

RELATED | Bones Boss Answers Burning Questions About the Shocking Season 8 Finale

TEEN FLASHBACK | Hanson has an ambitious, unusual idea for an episode: “[We're] struggling to find a way to do a show where we see everybody as a young teen doing their jobs in the Jeffersonian and the FBI,” he shared. “I think it would be really fun to have kids playing them. We don’t know how to do it yet.”

BLAST FROM THE PAST | On the neverending question of whether Dr. Zack Addy will return, Hanson said, “It’s on the list of things to do. We don’t have plans for it. We don’t not have plans for it.”

1. Lore says:

YES YES YES!!!! now i want Pelant dead

2. Zach says:

I want Pelant alive as long as possible. I can never wait to see what he’s going to do next. I would also be disappointed to see Booth take him out, but that’s mainly because I just don’t like Booth.

• Ros says:

I have never heard ANYONE say that they didn’t like Booth. It makes me wonder what’s wrong with YOU!!!

• Stefan says:

I don’t really like Booth, too. He has too much of a self-confidence. You know, his belt “cocky” says it all. He usually acts as if he is above everybody else. That really annoys me. For instance, take his friendship with Sweets. I know he loves him and all, but I don’t like how he treats him. At least, I wouldn’t want a friend like Booth.

• lucy says:

ALL the characters think they are above everyone at one point or another. Brennan is the worst she can be a right snooty biatch, demeaning people who arent as smart as her. Hodgins is jerk to the interns a lot of times. Angela is all sweetie darling, I know best. Cam throws her weight about reminding everyone shes the boss, the boss who is dating her intern and Sweets has overstepped the boundaries so much he should be dropped into shark infested waters, remember not telling Brennan that Booth was alive for 2wks? ugh… So I am HAPPY that BOOTH kills Pelant…he deserves that honor…. Love Booth. Love B&B!

• amber says:

I LOVE BOOTH and LOVE that he is going to kill off Pelant. woot woo woot

• Personally, I would LOVE for Brennan to take Pelant out to save Booth.

• Love Huskies says:

I completely agree with you…Brennan should take Pelant out!!! And you know she is capable of doing it.

• Roro says:

Same here, like if she found out that he’s the reason for Booth backing out of the engagement. Her anger could fuel the ending of Pelant.

• Judy Ms.Girl says:

Yes, Hanson Should do this to make it to cool We Bone’s fans have waited so long for B&B to get together, that we should all shoot Pelant our ourselves that would be awesome, When they get married, I am putting on my satin pumps,my silk dress and bring out the tissue. It will be awesome and yes Parker, Seeley’s Grandpa and Brother,Bone’s Dad,the whole Jeffersonian and a Surprise Zack should come back!! Also, Brennan should find out she is having twins is how it should fade to black. This is my crazy send off for our beloved Bones. I also love Castle, and I believe they got them together too soon I believe they are going to put a huge wrench in their wedding engagement plans too this season so both of my shows are my personal favorites. What is this I hear about Bones going to Friday nights? Why not keep both Bones and Castle on the same nights? I enjoy this so much and can set my dvr to watch one right after the other if I am not home. What gives?

• Puppy Love says:

Yes! That would be great!

3. Lynn says:

Hart says they’ll keep Pelant going as long as he’s still interesting – He is past that point already and this storyline needs to end.

Excited for a Booth/Brennan wedding!

• Zach says:

Are you kidding me? The season finale was outstanding. As long as they can find a way to improve it, I’d love to see more.

• scooby says:

I’m confused, I’m not an active watcher of Bones, but I looked up Pelant the other day figuring he’s been in a ton of episodes from the way people talked about him. I came up with 5 shows out of 32 (since he began, not counting all of S7) starting in Jan. 2012. How’s it possible to OD here? Is it about the impact on the romantic relationship? Resentment of another obstacle there? These aren’t rhetorical questions, I’m just trying to understand. As a Castle fan, I enjoy 3XK stories and he’s been in Seasons 3, 4 and 5, one time each I think. I guess a little goes a long way with serial killers.

• frankie707 says:

I think what many fans are objecting to has more to do with how omnipotent they’ve made Pelant than the number of appearances. All the stuff he can do, and all he knows is just too much for many. It’s time for the team to annihilate him.

I’m ready for them to defeat him, utterly, and for him to know he has lost to them before he’s taken out, and I don’t mean jail for this one he does need to die. If not there is too much risk of him still being able to get back at them with the way he’s been written.

• Gayle says:

It’s more the fact that every damn crime show does a criminal mastermind arc these days. It’s been and still is being done to death.

4. JCK says:

Not to be a poopyhead, but please throw birdseed at the wedding as rice kills birds. They cant digest it. Thank you.

5. Wendy says:

Time for Pelant to go. He’s long past the expiration date, and it is straining all credulity at how omniscient he is.

But I’m all for a Booth/Brennan wedding! Oh, and I must disagree with Zach above: Booth should blow Pelant’s ass away ASAP. Or Brennan can have the honors. Or even Max can do it as a wedding present!

6. Sarah says:

THANK YOU DB!!

7. Mike S. says:

The potential new “squint”sounds like a perfect role for “Eric the Actor!” And on that note, I’d be up for another Cam/Squints-centered episode.

8. D says:

Please – Stop beating around the bush and bring Zach back.

9. LV Sunny says:

I’m totally over the Pelant storyline. I truly miss the good old days when stories were about the science of solving murders and not about a single, (insert nasty word here) bad guy who thinks he’s above the system he’s trying to take down…with a very minor storyline about solving a murder. YAWN!!!

10. Dawn says:

Pelant dead and gone…Bones and Booth married or at least engaged…Zack back in the lab…

11. Sheila says:

Is there anything comic book-related at ComicCon anymore? I mean, Bones? Really?

• Adam says:

Yes, of course there is plenty of comic-book related things going on at ComicCon, which covers all fandoms (comics, television, movies, etc.). It makes sense that TVLine would only be covering the things that pertain to television, and not comics.

12. Dan says:

Hart says ‘they will get married’…I’m just wondering if it’s to each other? It’s like the old joke of a man and woman in bed. She states, “We should get married” and his reply is, “You think we’ll find anybody who’ll want us?”.

13. Darlene says:

I am so tired of the Pelant episodes. Too many of these shows are doing this. I quit watching the Mentalist because of this. I know it has only been 5 or so episodes. It seems like they want to get people to watch so we can see that Booth and Brennan get married. I would watch it more with that than the case that never ends.

14. Sky Lark says:

Pelant makes this genius team look like a bunch of idiots and the reason he is going after B & B is “creepy” per HH, just ugh.

15. Mike says:

Prediction: They will get married and have wedding that makes the Royal Wedding look like a cheap party…then Palent’s father will show up make them get divorced with both of them in tears in the last scene.

16. I’ve been hoping that Zack would pop back up. Waiting and watching. :)

17. Laura C says:

Take out Pelant- please! I don’t care who does it, or how, but I want him GONE, with a look of surprise on his face. I’d say humility but the man has none. I love ALL the squints, wouldn’t want to lose ANY of them. Bring back Zack.

18. bill says:

why every time therer is a male and female team they have to get together it never helps the show by the time they do get together the show shoukd been cancled . dont get me wrong i like bones. it is that every show does this.

19. kari says:

So us the wedding going to be for love or to protect each other from a murder charge because one has to protect the other

20. Gina Fox says:

Let Max take out Pelant. It’s what any good father would do to protect his baby girl.

21. Gayle says:

I love Bones especially when they do what they do best but I absolutely hate the Pelant arc and refuse to watch the show when he’s even mentioned. I hate the evil mastermind plots. They have been done to death! The Mentalist, Unforgettable, Person of Interest, Elementary… every crime/murder mystery show these days insists on having one and it’s beyond old. So much so that if a show introduces those arcs I now refuse to watch the eps with the evil mastermind and the result is that I often just end up not watching the show very often. That happened last year with Bones… between the time slot jumping around and the Pelant junk I probably only saw a quarter of the eps. Tell a good episodic story, let the character arcs be the season long background plots. Way more enjoyable show and much easier to follow when watching the syndicated reruns.

22. Janice says:

I can’t wait i love then show and overtime i get into a show they take it off and i can’t stand those reality shows there r to many of them

23. Joe says:

I’d love to see Zack come back forever…he was the best for that part.

24. Beth says:

Love it. Love it. I want Bones to go on forever. Its like a pair of really awesome, comfortable shoes…you want to wear them till they literally fall apart. The show is nowhere near that and thus bring on a couple more seasons. Im afraid its gonna end this season. :(