Emmys

Emmy Nominations 2013: Horror Story, Thrones, Liberace and 30 Rock Lead Pack; House of Cards, Scandal and Political Animals Score Nods

Get More: Awards, Emmys, News

Emmy NominationsNominations for the 65th Primetime Emmy Awards were announced Thursday morning by Breaking Bad boy Aaron Paul and three-time Emmy winner/How I Met Your Mother star/2013 Emmys host Neil Patrick Harris.

American Horror Story: Asylum scared up the most nods of anyone, amassing 17 total (including for Outstanding Miniseries and frontwoman Jessica Lange), while Game of Thrones followed closely with 16.

On the comedy front, 30 Rocks farewell run netted 13 total noms, followed by Modern Family‘s 12 and The Big Bang Theory‘s eight.

By network, HBO dominated with 108 total nominations, followed — distantly — by CBS and NBC, which each tallied 53.

RELATED | Emmy Nominations 2013: TVLine Lists the 45 Biggest Snubs!

Of note, Lead Comedy Actress contender Julia Louis-Dreyfus made Emmy history by besting Lucille Ball’s mark of 13 career noms; Scandal converted its buzz into possible bling, with a pair of nods (including for Kerry Washington); and both Netflix’s House of Cards and USA Network’s passed-on Political Animals reaped votes.

RELATED | Emmy Nominations 2013: Read Michael Ausiello’s Snappy Judgements!

Here is the list of the major nominees. Your job, as fellow TV enthusiasts, is to hit the comments with utter euphoria… or over-expressed outrage. (It’s the Internet, so we’re conservatively predicting 60 percent “outrage.”)

OUTSTANDING DRAMA
Breaking Bad
Downton Abbey
Game of Thrones
Homeland
(2012 WINNER)
House of Cards
Mad Men

OUTSTANDING ACTRESS IN A DRAMA
Connie Britton, Nashville
Claire Danes, Homeland (2012 WINNER)
Michelle Dockery, Downton Abbey
Vera Farmiga, Bates Motel
Elisabeth Moss, Mad Men
Kerry Washington, Scandal
Robin Wright, House of Cards
…BUT NO TATIANA MASLANY?!

OUTSTANDING ACTOR IN A DRAMA
Hugh Bonneville, Downton Abbey
Bryan Cranston, Breaking Bad
Jeff Daniels, The Newsroom
Jon Hamm, Mad Men
Damian Lewis, Homeland (2012 WINNER)
Kevin Spacey, House of Cards

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A DRAMA
Anna Gunn, Breaking Bad
Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey (2012 WINNER)
Emilia Clarke, Game of Thrones
Christine Baranski, The Good Wife
Morena Baccarin, Homeland
Christina Hendricks, Mad Men

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A DRAMA
Bobby Cannavale, Boardwalk Empire
Jonathan Banks, Breaking Bad
Aaron Paul, Breaking Bad (2012 WINNER)
Jim Carter, Downton Abbey

Dan Bucatinsky, Scandal

OUTSTANDING COMEDY
30 Rock
The Big Bang Theory
Girls
Louie
Modern Family (2012 WINNER)
Veep

OUTSTANDING ACTRESS IN A COMEDY
Laura Dern, Enlightened
Lena Dunham, Girls
Edie Falco, Nurse Jackie
Tina Fey, 30 Rock
Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Veep (2012 WINNER)
Amy Poehler, Parks and Recreation

OUTSTANDING ACTOR IN A COMEDY
Alec Baldwin, 30 Rock
Jason Bateman, Arrested Development
Louis CK, Louie
Don Cheadle, House of Lies
Matt LeBlanc, Episodes
Jim Parsons, The Big Bang Theory

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A COMEDY
Mayim Bialik, The Big Bang Theory
Jane Lynch, Glee
Julie Bowen, Modern Family (2012 WINNER)
Merritt Wever, Nurse Jackie

Louis CK, Saturday Night Live
Justin Timberlake, Saturday Night Live
Will Forte, 30 Rock

OUTSTANDING REALITY SHOW HOST
Ryan Seacrest, American Idol
Betty White, Betty White’s Off Their Rockers
Tom Bergeron, Dancing With the Stars (2012 WINNER)
Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn, Project Runway
Cat Deeley, So You Think You Can Dance
Anthony Bourdain, The Taste

OUTSTANDING REALITY SHOW COMPETITION
The Amazing Race (2012 WINNER)
Dancing With the Stars
Project Runway
So You Think You Can Dance
Top Chef
The Voice

OUTSTANDING VARIETY, MUSIC, OR COMEDY SERIES
The Colbert Report
The Daily Show With Jon Stewart (2012 WINNER)
Jimmy Kimmel Live
Late Night With Jimmy Fallon
Real Time With Bill Maher
Saturday Night Live

OUTSTANDING TV MINISERIES OR MOVIE
American Horror Story: Asylum
Behind the Candelabra
The Bible
Phil Spector
Political Animals
Top of the Lake

LEAD ACTRESS IN A TV MINISERIES OR MOVIE
Jessica Lange, American Horror Story: Asylum (2012 WINNER in Supporting category)
Laura Linney, The Big C: hereafter

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A TV MINISERIES OR MOVIE
James Cromwell, American Horror Story: Asylum
Zachary Quinto, American Horror Story: Asylum
Scott Bakula, Behind The Candelabra
John Benjamin Hickey, The Big C: hereafter
Peter Mullan, Top of the Lake

The Emmys will be held Sunday, Sept. 22, at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles. CBS is broadcasting this year’s show, with How I Met Your Mother’s Neil Patrick Harris serving as host. Visit Deadline for the complete list of nominations.

Tags:

Comments (428)

• OMG! [fill in the blank] wasn’t nominated!!!!! IT’S A CONSPIRACY!!!!! (Couldn’t resist.)

Comment by tejas (@tejasjulia) – July 18, 2013 05:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OUTRAGEOUS!!!

Comment by jimbo – July 18, 2013 05:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m voting for Matt Damon to win as lead actor in a miniseries , although Michael Douglas
        is nominated in the same category. It should have been Matt Damon in the supporting role
        in a miniseries for behind candelabra.
        that way both Matt Damon and Michael Douglas can both win an emmy
        I hope the tv movie “behind candleabra” wins an emmy , it was a really good movie

Comment by daryl shim – August 27, 2013 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LMAO

Comment by cc – July 18, 2013 05:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • so true!

Comment by Anne-So DUMAS (@anneso129) – July 18, 2013 06:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ron F’n Swanson

Comment by F – July 18, 2013 06:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Totally agree – Nick Offerman is a complete comedy legend and my absolute favourite character. Total snub of his talent and delivery.

Comment by Shell – July 18, 2013 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LMFAO. Its so true though. The first name that comes to mind is Monica Potter. I can find about 20 names to fill that spot. I will say this though like i do every year, until they split the categories to cable and broadcast we are always going to have cable dramas and comedies dominate the nominations. Yes there was a bit more of a mix this year i feel but there are names and shows that deserve nods. Overall a lot of the nominations were as expected and i am ecstatic that Kerry Washington got her nod. Claire Danes will be hard to beat but if anyone can i think Kerry is the one who might just do it.

Comment by greysfan – July 18, 2013 06:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • NIna Dobrev didn’t get ONE! AWFUL! Really bad! She was tremendous throughout the whole Season! Its not okay cause they have prejudices and its just not Okay!

Comment by Maki – July 18, 2013 06:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Um NO! Terrible actress.

Comment by wrstlgirl – July 18, 2013 07:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I am not actually a big fn of hers but that is so not true,, the girl can act pretty good!

Comment by trainwreck – July 18, 2013 07:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • She’s a very good actress and if the show wasn’t a genre show on the CW, she may have had a chance.

Comment by Sandra Oh (@TheRealSandraOh) – July 18, 2013 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Please…she would first need to know how to act..I agree she is horrible…She’s go no dynamic, she doesn’t have a wide range of emotions either..

Comment by Jake – July 18, 2013 09:13 AM PDT
      • her show’s on the CW….what did you expect ?

Comment by mac – July 18, 2013 07:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • She doesn’t deserve a nomination cause her show is on CW, they coulnd’t have a more terrible reason.
          And @westlgirl from my point of view she isn’t a terrible actress. She is quite fine especially with all her transitions throughout the last season.

Comment by Maki – July 18, 2013 07:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No Kaley Cuokoo as Penny? She is way better then the actresses nominated for Veep and Girls. I pretty much love everything on HBO, but those 2 shows are dumber than dumb. Also, Jennifer Carpenter is FABULOUS as Deb on Dexter. Can’t believe she isn’t on the list.

Comment by Marcia – July 18, 2013 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • you think Kaley Cuokoo is a better actress than Lena Dunham? We disagree highly on what makes someone a good actress.

Comment by Danny – July 18, 2013 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree! kaley is a wonderful actress and deserved the nod over many of the others!

Comment by Jessy – July 19, 2013 08:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • TATIANA MASLANY!

Comment by luli – July 18, 2013 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think either of them will win with that tough competition but I’m THRILLED to see Connie Britton and Kerry Washington both nominated for Lead Actress!!!!!! =)

Comment by HeatherC – July 18, 2013 05:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love Connie Britton, she’s the reason I started watching Nashville but lets be honest, she was nominated because of politics/the fact that she’s Connie Britton. She’s such a talented actress but she was given no material worthy of that nomination. I could point out more worthwhile performances in one episode of Friday Night Lights than an entire season of Nashville. Wish that nomination had gone to Tatiana Maslany but I’m not naive enough to believe she actually had a shot.

Comment by dude – July 18, 2013 05:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I respectfully disagree. I mean, there’s no doubt in anybody’s mind that Nashville is a soap, but, IMO, the acting on that show is top-notch. Rayna is a much more conflicted and ultimately less likable character than Tami, but that doesn’t mean that Connie doesn’t sell that part. I’m not saying there weren’t maybe politics involved, but I think it’s unfair to say she doesn’t deserve it.

Comment by Miv – July 18, 2013 06:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Dude, I agree. Know Connie is a critics’ darling from way back, and I don’t hate her, but I find her stiff in this part and her singing is awful. By contrast, Hayden P. has blown me away in her part — including radio-worthy singing — and I wish she’d been recognized for it.

Comment by Lyn – July 18, 2013 06:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • All due respect to Connie but Tatiana Maslany should of been nominated .
          She’s playing 5 parts exceptionally well.

Comment by Whatever – July 18, 2013 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hayden deserved it over her. She blew it out of the water all season. Connie just looked like she phoned it in but was nominated b/c of her experience. But that’s just my opinion. I didn’t watch Friday Night Lights either so I’m not a fan girl.

Comment by GS – July 18, 2013 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree. And I did watch FNL. I adore Connie Britton, but Hayden deserves this nod over her. She was tremendously deserving for FNL, but the only thing Emmy-worthy in her Nashville performance is trying to sell her singing as anything more than a joke. Hayden, on the other hand, knocked the season out of the park.

Comment by Magically Suspicious – July 18, 2013 06:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Not that I can say much because I haven’t watched the show, but the glimpse’s I saw, I do agree that Hayden deserved it over Connie. I feel everyone is a fan girl since Connie was in FNL. I loved FNL, and I was never a fan of Connie, sure she can act and is okay but I don’t think she is worthy of this nomination and I think she was handed it basically.

Comment by cas – July 18, 2013 07:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please do explain how it is possible that Tatiana Maslany didn’t get a nom? SHe plays so many different characters (pretending to be each other, as well) so brilliantly.. Ridiculous!
    Also; Ellen Pompeo rocked this season of Grey’s, with the pregnancy, falling down the stairs, scared her baby wasn’t gonna survive with every turn she took…
    Tho I’m not even surprised.. Grey’s seems to have been out of the running for years now.

Comment by Dominique – July 18, 2013 05:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Tatiana didn’t get nominated because she’s not in a prestige show and didn’t have enough buzz going in. It’s very political and not so much about who necessarily gave the best performance but who gave performances that stuffy critics and television snobs most talk about.

Comment by dude – July 18, 2013 05:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You’re half right: buzz. If it wasn’t for TV critics, I wouldn’t have even heard of Orphan Black. The noms are always about popularity, and despite the pedigree of shows like Homeland, Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones, those shows have developed a massive following and the Academy tends to follow trends. It’s unfortunate, but that’s the Emmy’s for you.

Comment by TigerNightmare – July 18, 2013 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So true!

Comment by Darcy Rajotte – July 18, 2013 06:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • “Stuffy critics and television snobs” do talk about Tatiana Malsany and how great she is in Orphan Black, and how much she deserves the win. The people who vote for the Emmys aren’t critics, though – they’re people who are members of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, which consists of people who work in the television industry. They are nominated by their peers, not by the critics.

Comment by Adam – July 18, 2013 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No, she didn’t get nominated because she plays more than one character…to get a nomination, you would have to submit footage of that ONE character’s scene…which “orphan” would she submit? She would have had to submit (to even have a chance) a scene for ALL the characters she plays on that show in order to receive the nod. Which one do you like better? I do remember hearing buzz about this when the show was on, the show couldn’t figure out which “orphan” scene to submit, so I think (don’t quote me on this) that they decided to go with none.

Comment by Amanda – July 18, 2013 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You’re making this up.

Comment by TigerNightmare – July 18, 2013 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • That is not true. Just think of Saturday Night Live nominations – they play different characters each sketch.

Comment by Adam – July 18, 2013 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Its a scifi show….and the Emmy people seem to have a blindspot when it comes to that genre. Same reason why neither Anna Torv or John Noble got nominations for Fringe.
      Also probably doesn’t help that Orphan Black is Canadian.

Comment by liz – July 18, 2013 05:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree on the scifi bias. Canadian not so much (Downton Abbey is on there). But She played all those characters and made them each unique. The Fringe cast did a good job with it but she is much better at it. When can we get the awards to see scifi is just another way to tell a great story?

Comment by Geoff Gentry – July 18, 2013 06:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Downtown Abbey is not Canadian, its British

Comment by Yasin Alvi (@yasin_alvi) – July 18, 2013 06:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Yes, I know and love DA. What I meant to say is that DA and OB are both non-U.S. Shows.

Comment by Geoff Gentry – July 18, 2013 06:22 AM PDT
          • The 10-episode, one-hour series is produced by Temple Street Productions for SPACE and BBC America.

There you go….co production

Comment by Shaun – July 18, 2013 09:55 AM PDT
      • Agreed! Emmy’s are ALL about mainstream (excluding GoT. Seems to be the exception). John Noble got screwed over for 5 years. Heaven forbid they actually use their imaginations once in a blue moon and see EVERYTHING that’s out there and not just what they’ve been told.
        And Orphan Black is a BBC/Canadian co-production and I also believe that most everything that comes out of the BBC is brilliant. Canadian tv is starting to hit it’s stride though, finally, and who produces it SHOULDN’T be taken into consideration when looking at performances (even though it more than likely, is).

And how the hell is Political Animals nominated AGAIN when it only had 8 episodes and was blatantly passed over for a second season?? Don’t get me wrong, I loved it but 2 Emmy’s in a row for a cancelled show? Come on!

Comment by Andrea Sperling – July 18, 2013 08:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • GOT being an exception is 100% likely due to it being on HBO. It (unjustifiably, but it is what it is) makes it more legitimate in the eyes of those who nominate shows.

Comment by Brooke – July 18, 2013 08:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Absolutely a sci-fi bias against Tatiana. I tried to express disbelief she would get nominated a few weeks ago, but other TVLine commentors tried to tell me she has “buzz” and therefore had a chance. As a long suffering sci-fi and fantasy fan, I knew it was the longest of long shots if John Noble had never managed to scare up a nom. I wish it WASN’T this way, but it is, and I had no expectations of it being any different this time around.

Comment by Brooke – July 18, 2013 06:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh my god yes. I’m sorry, but as much as I think the actresses that were nominated are great in their own right, this season no one had even so much as a drop on Tatiana. What she did on Orphan Black is mindblowing and completely unprecedented. Any award for outstanding actress in a tv series she doesn’t win this year is by definition robbery. Again, with all due respect to the other women, all fantastic actresses, but no one has done what Tatiana has on that show.

Comment by Mitholas – July 18, 2013 07:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’ve yet to watch Orphan Black but I’ve heard nothing but immense praise for Maslany. I was actually expecting to see her get a nomination since her name was all over the place and it was all so positive. Perhaps down the line she’ll get some award recognition. Not that she needs it. She’s clearly impressing people.

Comment by tripoli – July 18, 2013 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • History has proven the Emmys to be very much prejudiced towards the sci-fi genre, as was proven years ago in the case of Patrick Stewart as Capt. Picard on Star Trek TNG. His excellent performances in numerous episodes were left completely ignored, and I’m afraid the extremely talented star of Orphan Black may suffer the same fate. When will this blatant bias be overcome?

Comment by Phil Holmes – September 6, 2013 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • To me, Maslany’s snub seems like a revival of all the years John Noble didn’t get a single nomination for Fringe. Utterly ridiculous, TV Academy – shame on you.

Comment by Delirious – July 19, 2013 06:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • bööh, )= no parks and rec once more…

Comment by S. from E. now – July 18, 2013 05:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ugh, I know. I feel like Modern Family is nominated just out of habit. It’s still a fun show but the writing really was sub par this year and Parks & Rec has managed to get better and better.

Comment by Lauren – July 18, 2013 06:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Amen to that! I feel like the Modern Family spots need to go to Parks & Rec and Arrested Development instead. Pretty happy about the 30 Rock, Louie, and Amy Poehler noms. Totally worthy.

Comment by Ashly – July 18, 2013 09:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • #JuliannaMargulies in @TheGoodWife_CBS episode “Red Team/Blue Team” is superb. Grade A acting. No #Emmy nomination is a joke. #sad.

Comment by Lincoln – July 18, 2013 05:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed, Why on earth is she not on any lists? She normally is. And why isn’t The Good Wife in drama?? Outrageous!!

Comment by Loz – July 18, 2013 05:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agree 100% Jules was snubbed!

Comment by Josie – July 18, 2013 06:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really over Kerry Washington and Scandal. I think I may be the only person who thinks that she isn’t a very good actress. And this show lost me as a fan when Fitz killed Vera.

Comment by shellyelliot – July 18, 2013 05:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re certainly not alone. I’m actually appalled that she’s nominated where I can’t watch one scene without being distracted by her over the top facial expressions.

Comment by Lauren – July 18, 2013 06:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • 100000% agree with you! I tried watching because of all the praise heaped on this show but didn’t make it 5 mins cuz of her weird face. I am so glad others see it, too.

Comment by Kater – July 18, 2013 06:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • SAME! I actually do not understand how on earth she’s nominated. I cannot watch the show without laughing at her horrible acting.

Comment by Roma – July 18, 2013 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ha! Yes her facial expressions are horrendous! I’m glad I’m not the only one who notices this. And I still watch Scandal but I hate the toxic Fitz/Olivia relationship. I would rather see Olivia with Scott Foleys character.

Comment by Julie – July 18, 2013 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Absolutely agree. She is VERY overrated.

Comment by Amy – July 18, 2013 06:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are not alone at all. She’s just an average actress, definitely not Emmy worthy.

Comment by Carmen – July 18, 2013 06:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have no issue with Kerry but I am sick to death of all the praise Scandal gets. I saw the first season on Netflix and it was enjoyable enough but nothing special IMHO. Of course I can’t speak for this past season though.

Comment by A – July 18, 2013 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I advise you go watch Season 2 because it took it to another level. Even i thought Season 1 was good but not great. It set it up for an incredible season 2.

Comment by greysfan – July 18, 2013 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They’re playing it safe it seems. No surprises yet.

Comment by jimbo – July 18, 2013 05:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Aaaand the Emmys officially lost touch. Where are the nods to: Monica Potter? Andrew Lincoln? Keri Russell? Matthey Rhys? Jennifer Carpenter? Tatiana Maslany? Dexter? The Americans? The Walking Dead? This is a joke.

Comment by jimbo – July 18, 2013 06:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed about the Americans. The show and the cast are amazing. It’s ridiculous they received no nods. Keri Russel is a bad ass., and Matthew rys kills it!

Comment by Tara d – July 18, 2013 06:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • The Americans received a nod for guest actress.

Comment by Olive – July 18, 2013 08:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • OMG yes! Where is “The Americans” and its cast? I am so happy for GoT and AHS Asylum but the American’s being looked over is just lame! so so lame! They nominated Kerry Washington over Keri Russel? Scandal is a good show but only thing i find noticeable about Ms. Washington is her never ending “for all occasions” pout! Where as Keri Russel delivered it in every single episode!!

Comment by trainwreck – July 18, 2013 07:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen. Le yawn.

Comment by Reece – July 18, 2013 06:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • lol Matt LeBlanc.

Comment by d – July 18, 2013 05:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Episodes is funny!!!

Comment by Loz – July 18, 2013 05:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree with Loz. Episodes is hilarious and LeBlanc does a superb job of playing a sometimes despicable version of himself.

Comment by Lo – July 18, 2013 07:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • could Neil Patrick Harris just stay home for a few weeks. I’m sick to death of him.

Comment by China Blue – July 18, 2013 05:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No one cares if you are sick of him or not.

Comment by Alice – July 18, 2013 06:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Love NPH so crazy that anyone would be sick of him. He will be the only reason to watch the Emmys and Monica Potter is the biggest snub in actresses. And William h Macy in Actor Emmys suck

Comment by tiffanie – July 18, 2013 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think you might be alone on this one.

Comment by Anna – July 18, 2013 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Nope, not alone.

Comment by tripoli – July 18, 2013 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am really not one to rage because of nominations, but Tatiana Maslany deserved that nom for Orphan Black.

Comment by xomareen – July 18, 2013 05:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited for Kerry Washington!!!!!!!!!! I’m annoyed Emmy Rossum got passed over again and Parks and Rec didn’t get a nomination (In my opinion it IS the best comedy on tv, so wtf!) And Tatiana Maslany definitely deserved a nom but I wasn’t holding my breath for that. Can’t wait to see who was nominated for Supporting.

Comment by Lauren – July 18, 2013 05:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Just realised Julianna Marguiles wasn’t nominated, what the hell? I only agree with half of the Best Actress noms to be honest.

Comment by Lauren – July 18, 2013 05:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Julianna Margulies, Jennifer Carpenter and DEXTER deserved a nod.

Comment by D. – July 18, 2013 05:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed! Julianna Marguiles is a consistent lead who acts her socks off in every episode, although I had hoped she had not stood with her man, sorry Chris Noth, love you too!

Comment by Mark Kleinle – August 28, 2013 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Julianna Margulies or Tatiana Maslany or Keri Russell? WHAT? And for what? CONNIE BRITTON? I love her but Nashville was not even comparable to The Good Wife, Orphan Black or The Americans. Same thing goes for Michelle Dockery.

Comment by rty123 – July 18, 2013 05:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You nailed it. I think those three are the most egregious snubs. Certainly more deserving than Kerry or (sadly) Connie

Comment by Jj – July 18, 2013 06:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You got it completly! and as Jj said more deserving than Kerry or sadly Connie who i love and i love both Nashville and Scandal but the there were actresses more deserving…

Comment by Josie – July 18, 2013 06:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I very agree about Julianna Margulies,Tatiana Maslany and Keri Russell..they deff should be here, and about Michelle Dockery she totally deserved. Her performance in Downton Abbey is truly amazing. I’m really happy to see Vera Farmiga, amazing performance in Bates Motel.

Comment by t86 – July 18, 2013 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Always the same, specially comedy.

Comment by Alia – July 18, 2013 05:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok, i absolutely love Connie Britton, but i can’t think of a single scene in Nashville that makes her worthy of an Emmy nomination. I’m so over the Emmy’s it’s always the same.

Comment by Wouter – July 18, 2013 05:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I completely agree. She does a good job on the show, but there was nothing Emmy worthy about her performance. And if anyone from Nashville was deserving of a nomination, it was Hayden.

Comment by Megan – July 18, 2013 06:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I mostly agree with what you said. Except that one scene I think in ep 5 where she and deacon are having an argument a

Comment by Maggie – July 18, 2013 06:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Office didn’t grab a nomination for its final season?! I don’t care if they deserved it or not, it should’ve been done just for the ceremony of the thing!

Comment by receptionitis66 – July 18, 2013 05:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The networks must be screaming – so few nominations for any shows on broadcast television.

Comment by Columbus – July 18, 2013 05:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hard to win an Emmy without scripts that feature the F word!

Comment by Lyn – July 18, 2013 06:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parks and Rec was robbed! Robbed I tell you!

I still don’t understand the fuss over The Big Bang Theory. I have tried to watch it so many times, and it just feels forced to me.

And while I loved the first season of Girls, the second season felt like a drop off to me.

When are they going to announce the supporting and guest star nominations? I want Michelle Fairley and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau to get noms.

Comment by KT8711 – July 18, 2013 05:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree about Parks and Rec and TBBT. The first one is far superior than the latter. But I think that the second season of Girls was better than season 1, although more as a drama than a comedy.

Comment by Sylwek – July 18, 2013 06:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree. I think Girls succeeded more as a drama than a comedy in season two. In my mind, it shouldn’t have gotten a comedy nod this year for that reason.

Comment by KT8711 – July 18, 2013 06:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I tried to watch Parks and Rec and barely made it through the first episode. I was bored and didn’t really laugh much at all for it being a comedy. TBBT on the other hand had me the first time I watched it. I didn’t want to fall asleep during the episode and I loved the cast.

Comment by cas – July 18, 2013 07:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Honestly, the first season of Parks is ridiculously inferior to the rest of the show. Every time I tell people to watch, I tell them to start with season 2. Season 1 was a bit of a mess.

Comment by Anna – July 18, 2013 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I tell people exactly the same thing!

Comment by Craig – July 18, 2013 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Me too! Season 2 is so much better than season 1. People need to stick with it.

Comment by tripoli – July 18, 2013 02:50 PM PDT
  • No The Americans at all? Both Matthew Rhys and Keri Russell were terrific.

Comment by Columbus – July 18, 2013 05:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not to mention terrific performances by Margo Martindale and Noah Emmerich (sp?). I’m a fan of “Mad Men” and others, but “The Americans” is one that I’m really anxious to see start up again!

Comment by Lyn – July 18, 2013 06:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Margo is nominated.

Comment by Olive – July 18, 2013 08:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Americans, Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys got robbed. That show is amazing!

Comment by JKR – July 18, 2013 05:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Americans was horrible. I love American Horror Story so when FX was coming out with the Americans, I was excited for a new show, but I was extremely disappointed. I felt like I was watching the same episode every week because the plot was the same. That show and the actors in it deserve no nominations for their performances.

Comment by AHS – July 18, 2013 06:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s not the same….they have different missions every week!

Comment by Shaun – July 18, 2013 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m wondering if Orphan Black would have fallen in this Emmy season since it’s a new show that aired it’s first season only a couple months ago. If it is though, where the heck is Tatiana Maslany’s name on the list of nominees for outstanding lead actress? She was the best and most hardworking actress this year.

Comment by Marcella – July 18, 2013 05:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, hopefully someone will clarify cause I had the same question. If it was eligible, then Emmy voters lost their marbles by leaving off Tatiana Maslany’s name.

Comment by cc – July 18, 2013 06:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No New Girl!?!?! What the crap?!

Comment by Rachel – July 18, 2013 05:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YES!!! New Girl was hilarious this year. And what about Jake Johnson? He took his role to a whole ‘nother level!

Comment by STL Cards Rule – July 18, 2013 06:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree. Jake Johnson did one of the best comedic acting performances I’ve seen all year. He should have gotten the nod over Mathew Leblanc. I’m mean I love Matthew but really he plays himself!

Comment by Nikki – July 18, 2013 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I had the exact same reaction! No New Girl at ALL?!?!!? Total B.S. Also, Tatiana Maslany was robbed, as were the supporting guys from Parks & Rec. Ugh, just, ugh!

Comment by gdv – July 18, 2013 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • New Girl should have been nominated instead of Girls. A lot of comedies are better than that overrated crap.

Comment by Jen – July 18, 2013 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “fringe” once and for the last time snubbed …

Comment by Deb Saine – July 18, 2013 05:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Shouldn’t be surprised…… *heavy sigh* At least they win at their own awards ceremonies.

Comment by Andrea Sperling – July 18, 2013 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Dexter? Tatiana Maslany? PARKS AND REC?!

Comment by Nina – July 18, 2013 05:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So far, super bummed about Julianna Margulies, The Good Wife, and Parks and Rec (though not surprised), pleased about Amy Poehler, and confused about Connie Britton, even though she’s awesome.

Comment by Becca – July 18, 2013 05:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where are Tatiana Maslany,Matthew Rhys,Keri Russell???
    Shame,shame,shame!

Comment by John – July 18, 2013 05:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so very happy Michelle Dockery got nominated! She’s my favorite actress and if you watch Downton Abbey you know how talented she really is.

Comment by Julia – July 18, 2013 05:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No love so far for New Girl?! C’mon!

Comment by Becca – July 18, 2013 05:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • always the same people/show for 90% blah

Comment by shay – July 18, 2013 05:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, I am a grown woman about to say this, but can the Emmys just show The CW some love? Just once? There were some phenomenal performances on that net this year (not to mention for many years prior), but it’s frustrating how the net is just brushed over year after year because the Emmy crowd thinks that programming for younger adults isn’t “Emmy material.”

Comment by cc – July 18, 2013 05:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! Glad I’m not alone in wishing the CW would get some nominations. For example, the acting in The Vampire Diaries is top notch. Same with Arrow. Ian Somerhalder, Nina Dobrev & Katie Cassidy gave incredible performances this year. I was also hoping to see Revenge’s Emily VanCamp get a nod for her amazing performance this year.

Comment by Ava – July 18, 2013 06:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The stunt and technical work on Arrow alone deserved a nod. I don’t know any other show that delivers the quality of stunts that Arrow does in *every single episode*. Utterly ridiculous.

Comment by GildedRose – July 18, 2013 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WTF at no Monica Potter?! Brb getting my pitchfork.

Comment by Bobby – July 18, 2013 05:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • These Emmy nominations are officially a joke now.

Comment by jimbo – July 18, 2013 05:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • KInda agree. Monica Potter & Peter Krause definitely deserved recognition here. I’m also very displeased that canceled or ended shows on premium cable got recognition but nothing for Happy Endings. It’s too difficult now with all the cable programming. Network television has produced just as good, if not better shows/acting performances on a scale where they can only push the envelope so far. It’s a real shame, this is why I feel the older generations now don’t care in the least about award shows.

Comment by schu – July 18, 2013 07:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Elizabeth Moss’ time is up. She has been nominated like 7 times in a row and hasn’t won and won’t win now. Keri Russell and Tatiana Manslany were snubbed. Michael C.Hall should have a nomination for Season 7 of Dexter. The Drama categories were the most upsetting.

Comment by Fred Sully – July 18, 2013 05:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Someone’s time is up because they haven’t won? Really? She’s nominated for a reason: she’s a talented actress and should continue being nominated for that reason.

Comment by Cal – July 18, 2013 06:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No luck for her on “Mad Men,” but maybe she’ll have a chance with “Top of the Lake.” She’s great in it.

Comment by Lyn – July 18, 2013 06:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Elizabeth Moss should win for Top of the Lake,she was brilliant… much better than Madmen

Comment by Guest – July 18, 2013 07:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Jessica Capshaw for supporting actress?? Wow. Emmys are so predictable. Dissapointing.

Comment by Bronagh – July 18, 2013 05:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Scandal is the current Shondaland darling. I don’t think tptb and such care about Grey’s anymore.

Comment by A – July 18, 2013 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t believe Eric stonestreet didn’t get a nomination for Modern Family!

Comment by Joseph – July 18, 2013 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • and sofia vergara, i’m stunned!

Comment by noo – July 18, 2013 06:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • it’s about time Ty Burrell gets a nod instead

Comment by frozie – July 18, 2013 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Justified and The Americans :(

Comment by Meaghan – July 18, 2013 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes. And because these shows are gritty(Justified, Americans, Southland, Sons of Anarchy, He’ll on Wheels and so forth) they don’t get nominated. Come on give these other shows a chance.

Comment by A.B. – July 18, 2013 07:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • AGREED!!! WILL THE EMMY’S EVER GIVE GEMMA TELLER MORROW THE RESPECT SHE FRIGGIN DESERVES?!?!?! Its so annoying how these excellent shows and people get overlooked time after time. I started watching Mad Men and I am barely through the first season and I just don’t get it. It is sooo boring so far. Yet, it keeps getting nominated. I wanted to see what the fuss was about so I’m gonna give it a few more episodes but its just so irritating seeing these same people being nominated every damn year while other equally deserving shows and actors are constantly snubbed.

Comment by A – July 18, 2013 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really happy about Jeff Daniels!

Comment by Eline_K – July 18, 2013 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Absolutely my favorite nomination!

Comment by Cheryl – July 18, 2013 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kinda surprised Mariska didn’t sneak her way back in after Kathy Bates was gone…oh well

Comment by Kenny – July 18, 2013 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No MAGGIE Q or SHANE WEST for a nominee in NIKITA! This definitely makes the purpose in having the Emmy awards worthless! People really don’t know the value of good television. Not to mention that Tatiana is also not nominated for her role in orphan black! That’s just…. no comment!

Comment by Qwest – July 18, 2013 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • CW shows are never nominated. It’s been pisisng off the SPN and Veronica Mars fans for years. It’ll simply never happen, however sad that may be.

Comment by Dominique – July 18, 2013 06:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Veronica Mars and Emmys? Sorry, not hating the show, but thats not an emmy worthy show. Supernatural maybe, but when you compare it to performances like Nina Dobrev’s on The Vampire Diaries, it’s nothing.

Comment by Yasin Alvi (@yasin_alvi) – July 18, 2013 06:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Uhm… Since when is Supernatural an Emmy worthy show? And in what kind of parralel universe is it better than Veronica Mars?

Comment by Wouter – July 18, 2013 06:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Uhm… since always. Supernatural is the first show to catch my attention and keep it for over a year. I am still as obsessed with the series as I was when I first discovered it. The acting is phenomenal, the storyline is entertaining, and they’ve managed to keep this show interesting for 8+ years. I was shocked to discover that SPN has yet to win an Emmy. The acting from Jared, Jensen, and Misha, ALONE, is Emmy worthy.

Comment by Grace – September 22, 2013 11:05 PM PDT
        • Not talking about the shows perse, but I am talking about the actors. Jensen Ackles and Kristen Bell are both emmy-worthy, anyone watching those shows knows this to be true. And they’re certainly better than TVD actors. Not saying Nina isn’t a good actress, because she is. But she’s mostly hyped cause she plays two different characters. Take that away, and she’s not that much better than anyone else on that show.

Comment by Dominique – July 18, 2013 06:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Kristen Bell is on a good show now acting opposite Don Cheadle who gets nominated and has won. Its called House of Lies on showtime

Comment by tiffanie – July 18, 2013 07:41 AM PDT
  • No Monica Potter?! Seriously?!?

Comment by Becca – July 18, 2013 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not to say it isn’t deserving of accolades , but how is House of Cards a primetime show?

Comment by Hannah – July 18, 2013 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And I didn’t originally notice, but Arrested Development too, for that matter.

Comment by Hannah – July 18, 2013 06:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tatiana Maslany should’ve been nominated as well as Sarah Paulson, she was amazing in American Horror Story.

It’s crazy how Naya Rivera still isn’t nominated for any big awards for her role on Glee, it’s a terrible show but she’s the only highlight.

Comment by Cherry – July 18, 2013 06:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly! No idea how Sarah Paulson isn’t nominated…

Comment by Nick – July 18, 2013 06:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sarah Paulson was nominated, they just left her category off this list! (Supporting)

Comment by kim – July 18, 2013 06:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • KERRY WASHINGTON and why is Kat Dennings not up for outstanding actress in comedy

Comment by David Metcalfe – July 18, 2013 06:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t say I am shocked, but the perennial “tradition” nominations are a joke (TBBT, Mad Men) while certain oversights scream b/s (Tatiana Maslany, New Girl, etc.) Like I said: none of this comes as a shock, but it is disappointing.

Comment by AJ – July 18, 2013 06:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously, no Tatiana Maslany!! i don’t even understand,

Comment by Laysa – July 18, 2013 06:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • no Tatiana Maslany? :(

Comment by pedro – July 18, 2013 06:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay for Kerry Washington!

Comment by Walter – July 18, 2013 06:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lol, Emilia Clark for outstanding supporting actress, but no Michelle Fairley. This is a joke right?

Comment by Wouter – July 18, 2013 06:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Seriously, what the hell? Same for Peter Dinklage over Nikolaj Coster-Waldau. Nikolaj deserved it more this season. I feel like they don’t even watch the show, they just pick the people that they’ve seen the hype over.

Comment by Lauren – July 18, 2013 06:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree, Michelle Fairley should have been nominated, she is without a doubt the best actress on GoT this season, picking Emilia Clarke over her? That’s a joke, how can anything be considered better than Michelle Fairley’s performance during the red wedding?

Comment by Phil – July 18, 2013 06:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I SO don’t agree. While Michelle Fairley was amazing, Emilia is the main reason why most people watch this show! She does a fantastic job as Daenerys, she was so bad ass this season!

Comment by Liz – July 18, 2013 06:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • While Emilia Clarke is a wonderful actress and she has potential to be a great actress,but nothing Emilia Clarke did as Dany on GoT in S3 was memorable. I forgot most of her storyline.. Whereas Michelle Fairley and Nikolaj Coster-Waldu did at least one memorable thing this season. They took two of the most unlikeable characters in earlier seasons and made them memorable and likable and they should be recognize for that.Dany maybe a popular character but she is not the best character IMO.

Comment by Monica4185 – July 18, 2013 08:39 AM PDT
          • Well said Monica. I would even nominate Maisie or Lena before Clarke. Although, I bet Lena’s best work is coming when the show covers A Feast of Crows.

Comment by Olive – July 18, 2013 09:05 AM PDT
          • She may be popular but it’s quite a stretch to say she’s the main reason people watch the show. Her acting is fairly average and her story has been rather boring this season. She gets a lot of attention for her dragons and for her looks. Not quite what I would call Emmy worthy, especially when one takes into account the other actresses on the show who are significantly more talented than Clarke.

Comment by tripoli – July 18, 2013 02:59 PM PDT
      • Even though I wanted Nikolaj to get a nod, I still think Peter Dinklage did great work this season. I wanted them both to be nominated.

Comment by Olive – July 18, 2013 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I completely agree. I’m not taking anything away from Peter Dinklage’s performance, but I was really hoping Nikolaj would get a nomination this year. I’m also dying to see Charles Dance or Jack Gleeson get nominated

Comment by Melissa – July 18, 2013 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Emilia is easily the weakest female on the show; even Maisie Williams can act circles around her and she’s around 10 years younger.
      Lena Headey and Michelle Fairley not getting nods is ridiculous.

Comment by leysha – July 18, 2013 06:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wonder what episode Emilia submitted. If it was for “And Now His Watch Is Ended,” that would be hilarious. It was arguably her best acting all season, but she spoke a fictional language during her best scenes.

Comment by KT8711 – July 18, 2013 06:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, she does an amazing job while speaking all those different languages.

Comment by Liz – July 18, 2013 06:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Emila Clarke for the win! I love her although I see what you are saying. Michelle Fairly was very good this season! I was more disappointed thought in Nikolaj Cster Waldau not getting nominated but Peter Dinklage getting it. That’s ridiculous.

Comment by Love Hate – July 18, 2013 06:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Emilia Clarke totally deserved a nom. She was amazing last season, and i’m rally happy that they have recognized her performance.

Comment by Thiciane Diniz – July 18, 2013 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This, I love Emilia Clarke, but she is nowhere near Emmy worthy, and it is a travesty that she was nominated over the wonderful Michelle Fairley or basically anyone else on the show.

Comment by Mike R. – July 18, 2013 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, those people either didn’t watch the show or they are complete morons. Nothing against Emilia, but her role wasn’t that challenging since S1. Michelle should have been nominated. Maisie Williams is also pretty great, IMO. I don’t get why she wasn’t even considered.

Comment by Meh – July 18, 2013 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wait a minute. No nod to Monica Potter? She did such a splendid job with the breast cancer storyline.

Comment by Nic – July 18, 2013 06:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hannibal! Mads & Hugh!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by N – July 18, 2013 06:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post