Scoop: Grey's Anatomy's Jason George Joins Lifetime's Witches of East End

JASON GEORGEJason George will soon hang out with a coven of lovelies.

The Grey’s Anatomy actor has joined Lifetime’s upcoming Witches of East End as Adam, the love interest of the witchy Ingrid, TVLine has learned.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled?

The series — which received a 10-episode order in January — centers on Joanna Beauchamp (Julia Ormond) and her two adult daughters Freya (American Horror Story‘s Jenna Dewan-Tatum) and Ingrid (American Dreams’ Rachel Boston), both of whom unknowingly are their family’s next generation of witches.

The cast also includes Mädchen Amick as Joanna’s sister Wendy and Eric Winter as Freya’s fiancé. Maggie Friedman, who helmed ABC’s similarly-themed Eastwick, will serve as showrunner.

George’s Witches role is recurring, allowing him to keep playing Grey‘s Mr. Miranda Bailey.

His other TV credits include MistressesDesperate Housewives and the ill-fated Eastwick.

1. Charlie says:

all we need is one of the main girls from ‘Eastwick’ to come along and you’ve truly got a witching show ;)

2. Azerty says:

Too bad I like him in Grey’s, I was hoping they would hire him full time. But GA seems a little bit crowded with the interns (btw are they still gonna be interns? because according to Mer’s pregnancy at least 9 months happened since the beginning of s9 and he is an intern too). Anyway good for him!

• DoctorWhoFanatic! says:

The article says he’ll still be able to play on Grey’s as this gig is a recurring role.

• Azerty says:

I know, but I wish he was their full time. Every main characters on GA are surgeons, it would have been good to have an anesthesiologist in the main cast, it could help to diversify the stories.

• Aeol says:

Yes but isn’t he a surgical intern in LA? Pretty sure he didn’t want to be an anesthesiologist anymore.

3. Not1ofYouPeople says:

Especially the HOT Lyndsay Price!

4. Faisal says:

Good for him! Go Bailey! :D

5. Babygate says:

Good for him but I’m not excited about the news. I feel like he’s everywhere because almost as soon as Greys went on hiatus, Mistresses started and there’s Jason George again. I have been scouring the blogs for an update on WOE but now I’m not sure I will even tune in. Only if by then I’m over Jason George’s fatigue.

6. scorpionglow says:

They’re already ruining this show with most of their casting choices. Read the books. They’re not “unknowingly witches”. This isn’t Charmed!

7. jbj says:

Okay, how could this article not mention that he also appeared on ABC’s Eastwick as one of the love interests of one of the witches?

8. Jamie says:

I’m getting a Dejavu

9. Cory says:

I wonder if the woman who developed ABC’s “Eastwick” specifically hunted down this guy to appear in yet another show of hers about witches.

10. Brooke says:

So….. Is he going to stay on Mistresses too?

• Steven says:

I don’t see Mistresses getting a second season with these ratings and I think production wrapped awhile ago.

• cas says:

I don’t think their ratings are that bad for a summer series. I mean it is a 10 pm show that average a 1.2 demo. That Rookie Blue show was averaging the same and wasn’t a 10 pm show. But it will be canceled and ABC will do the same thing next year and of course that summer show won’t get good ratings either, and it’ll just keep happening every year like it always does.

11. Marco says:

So, this is just going to be a remake of Charmed with the mother still alive?

12. Id have to check with an individual right here. Which is possibly not anything My partner and i typically do! My partner and i enjoy reading the place that could make men and women today feel. Also, with thanks pertaining to permitting me to comment!