This week on CBS’ Under the Dome, Julia spent some quality time with Junior “Call Me James,” Joe’s impromptu house party ended with a bang and the manhunt for Deputy Paul landed Barbie on Big Jim’s radar. Here’s a rundown of new things we learned, new questions raised.
THINGS WE LEARNED….
* The dome can be seamlessly integrated into a skate park.
* Julia doesn’t “do caution.”
* Norrie can be superbitchy without her tunes. She’s also easily impressed. (“Driving a rig is pretty cool….”)
* Junior aka Shy Ronnie must really love Angie, because she has to be smelling sorta ripe by now.
* Bigots are alive and well in Chester’s Mill. (Makes you feel as if ol’ Ollie has been living in a dome his whole life, no?)
* While the Dome most definitely does not like batteries, it frankly doesn’t care whether you hate it or not.
* Julia is smart enough to bring along a box of matches before entering a subterranean chamber, but not quite smart enough to have grabbed a flashlight.
* Under the Dome is Simpsons Movie-aware (even though Stephen King started writing this novel a small eternity before that animated feature, yada yada).
* Big Jim and the reverend were definitely involved in a “drug business” using the propane… somehow.
THINGS WE’RE WONDERING….
* Why did Barbie seem to purposely duck DJ Phil?
* Does Norrie have any legit beef with her parents, or is she just a standard-issue rebellious teen? And where was Mom No. 2 this week? Off helping Christian Slater retrieve a broken arrow?
* Who thought it was a good idea to have a “recharge party” using a house’s generator? Oh yeah — it was the Goofy, Lingo-Spouting Sidekick.
* What exactly is Barbie’s military-ish background?
* Why does everyone on TV always seem to go for the kill shot? (We’re looking at you, Sheriff Linda.) What happened to popping the kneecap?
* Given their simul-seizures, is it safe to say Joe and Norrie are MFEO? And what does “The pink stars are falling in line” mean?
* When will someone start worrying about MIA Angie? Joe hasn’t said a peep, while her diner boss is just shrugging off her absence.
* Is Rachelle Lefevre’s hair now officially trumping Connie Britton’s? If only because Nashville is on hiatus?
* When will things get, you know, scary?